Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Come on in Rio. Good morning, Good morning, Alix Cullen, Good morning, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Morning everyone.
Speaker 1: I hope every honest word. Everyone's had a great weekend. Now, Alex, how was your son's fifth birthday party? On Friday? Fourth birthday?
Speaker 4: Christian?
Speaker 1: God, they get younger so quickly, don't they.
Speaker 4: You heard me thank you for a second.
Speaker 1: Then I came on, there's a test I do that, just add to dad. Just always be alert for a quick How was his tenth birthday?
Speaker 4: Was wonderful? Actually, mate? Yeah, really lovely.
Speaker 5: He had a ball and he was so looking forward to it for days weeks. Finally one more sleep. It wasn't upon us and I had to go to Richmond actually after the show to pick up he's present, which was a Hot Wheels City.
Speaker 4: Like this thing is an enormous and I.
Speaker 1: Mean I used to love holes. What do you mean Hot Wheels City.
Speaker 5: It's like this entire multifaction multiverse of hot wheels and it's like you press this button at the top and it goes round and round and round.
Speaker 1: So you've got the corkscrew. There's the corkscrew that takes the that's hot figure, the eight, the loops, Yes, it does the loops, and there's another bag full that I haven't put together just yet.
Speaker 5: He's really really happy with just Hot wheel City. So he was just having a great time and then we had a lot.
Speaker 1: Have you been down the floor playing that with him all weekend?
Speaker 4: Yes, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a knacker back yet and they got you got all.
Speaker 4: The cars as well, so there's just hot wheels everywhere at our place.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, to be that age again, just in a world of wholeness, I know, just just time to slow down, don't wait, don't rush to become an adult, staying those hot wheels.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right. So it was a wonderful time. And my in laws ser Bonnie's parents are down as well, so they gave us a bit of time off over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 5: You know, anyone listening that's got young children, you know, you just need that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes as a couple, and what.
Speaker 1: Did you do with it? Because sometimes we were so tied, like Sarah's Mum used to come over every week right on a Friday night and look after our daughters when they were younger. And oftentimes we go out. Sometimes we just staying to get a takeaway because you're just so tired. But when you go out, did you do that thing? We go, let's not talk about the kids, and then after eight minutes you have to start till we because just aren't you running a business together when you're young kids. We're looking at photos of the kids and this is your pressure time away from the kids, I know, and it's like they're there, Yes, at a wine bar, a really lovely wine bar. Where did you go?
Speaker 4: We did this place in Albert Park, waaliest right, I've not been in.
Speaker 1: It was nice. It was absolutely beautiful, high end round there.
Speaker 4: Ended up paying sixty five dollars for a cocktail, which.
Speaker 1: Is which is a lot, not not a cocktail, a cocktails. Oh that's a bottle of cocktail. That's a bottle of wine, A good one.
Speaker 4: Righteous. We got excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, we never do this.
Speaker 4: We never go out so like why not?
Speaker 1: That's why they have the Grand Prix around there Albert Park over the Grand Prix so in Monico and all place. You have the Grand Prix that is Was it a great one?
Speaker 4: It was nice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 4: It had Hennessy in it, I know that much.
Speaker 1: By a ball fifty.
Speaker 4: Eighteen year old or something like that. I don't know what else was in it.
Speaker 5: There was orange in it, I think, and then some other whiskey as well.
Speaker 1: She got cognac and whiskey and then some orange to just soften it up. Invite him and sea and did you have to have a party? Did he Max have a birthday? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We had a little party just at home here, which was really nice.
Speaker 5: We had the hats and the balloons and lots of food, lots of sugar for him.
Speaker 4: So it was a late night, very late night, fantastic.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll find out how Patsy's weekend was next.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Shot Gone podcast Christian Small Thing, Big Rage.
Speaker 1: Well the start of the week, sir, doesn't happen very often. North Melbourne had a win yesterday. Harry Sheezel equaled the most disposals in a game fifty four gold one oh four point three. Have a habit of ignoring and not reporting north winds. That is not true. They just aren't that many, mate, Don't blame a radio station, blame the team. It's infuriating. We've only had five wins to season. Be better and put all the a f L from the day before. Well, I don't. I don't think we're ignoring teams during the sport is But our new guy Alex Cullen has taken the ruse on. He went to a training session two weeks I did.
Speaker 4: It was amazing, what a win. I was texting Gen last night. There you go.
Speaker 1: You hear that that name drop. Then it's inside the CEO of.
Speaker 4: The CEO going down the north, going down to Hobart.
Speaker 5: Not easy place to win in Hobart and they did it.
Speaker 1: Exactly hostile territories Hobi if it be. It's a lovely Michael place. Not exactly easy to it. A long way to go. Yeah, when the other teams have to go and play there, one of them camera is the other one. Well you come in Sydney, I mean the Geelong coast did love that place, she said. The pictures like Mumbai.
Speaker 6: It's like.
Speaker 1: Mumbai only got better football stadiums and sent better idols.
Speaker 5: The Mighty Kangers could not be happier and as Sheesel said, it just clicked, and about time it clicked.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is the perfect time for the season. Looking wait, are you gonna say they're going to make a run on the edge. It's the perfect time as it's all wrapping up. You never know the plans. All cunning land Jem's probably stroking a white cat right now. You take the winter. It's so good. So Patsy, how was your weekend?
Speaker 7: Had a great weekend? I tried something I have never tried before. One of my best friends, Pado is right into line dancing, and she's been banging on about this line dancing for the past year so much. She's even got like the cowboy Boots absolutely loves it, loves it and just loves the social side of it. A lot of older not that she's older, but just that comaraderie between the women.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like an hour.
Speaker 1: Of men and women is women.
Speaker 7: It is mostly women to the class that she goes to. Anyway, she said, why don't you come along to a class? I said, you know what, you've been banging on about it for so long.
Speaker 1: I think I will bootschooner the weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't call it boots scooting.
Speaker 1: I just got canceled.
Speaker 3: No, well I nearly did you.
Speaker 1: Number one not bootschooting. It's offensive, Yes, bootscooters.
Speaker 3: Do not call it boots scooting.
Speaker 1: Apparently, what were they going to do swing a cowboy with a tassel.
Speaker 7: Picks refer to it as boots.
Speaker 1: I think it hicks is more of accord.
Speaker 7: It's derogatory calling it boot scoot and it's got to be lined.
Speaker 3: Apparently there's a difference.
Speaker 1: What is the difference.
Speaker 3: I've got no idea, but you just don't say that word when you're within the ball.
Speaker 1: So it's isn't it.
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 1: You're on HITSAF fans.
Speaker 3: These women were amazing, some of them. Quite a few of them actually were over eighty and they were amazing.
Speaker 1: But like you said, it's not for old people.
Speaker 3: Well you know, it's all age groups, but it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like Joy's eighty. I would say it's a real narrow demo. The lady, you know why, it's mainly women that their husband's are dead. I'm sure it wasn't a boot skirt and weight.
Speaker 7: So the teacher was a lovely lady in her eighties. She's about eighty five.
Speaker 1: Hell, but what the Golden Girls getting their groove on.
Speaker 3: I had a real problem with the music.
Speaker 1: We got, like physio benches outside.
Speaker 7: Had a real problem with the music she was playing, so she had blurred lines.
Speaker 3: But it was just like on looped right and.
Speaker 1: That it's a real non hic. He could be anymore common thick rhymes with H.
Speaker 3: I said to Battle at one stage, are they have they got? They're hearing aiding?
Speaker 7: Do they realize what he's singing like?
Speaker 3: It's a little bit it's.
Speaker 1: A filthy old song.
Speaker 7: Squear word in it, an old shirl there eighty five year old surls swaying her hips, And there was something not quite right when that part of the song came.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you're You're at that age in life. You've been through so much that they're not like sort of chaste virgins. They've had a life.
Speaker 3: They do no swear words.
Speaker 1: The Handmaid's tell probably had more sex than all of us about them, just because they're wearing cowboy boots. Reo, wow, is this how the rainbubber gay sea old people to go for a dance together.
Speaker 7: They were getting into it, and I just it was a bit disconcerting when that yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, Shelly, not boo.
Speaker 3: I was blushing.
Speaker 1: You. Come on, come on, we've heard the language. It's radio friendly between six and nine, is it though?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: This week on the show, we're looking for your wedding and funeral stories. Two big events, hind emotions, strange things happened at wedding and funerals. If you've got a story, you can call us thirteen fifty five twenty two or you can text oh four seventy five three one oh four three. I'm going to play you something now. I'm going to take guesses from the team. What do you think I was doing? This happened to me during the last twelve hours of my life. What am I doing?
Speaker 8: You're soaring something, You're sawing a piece of wood.
Speaker 3: It sounds like cable Times.
Speaker 1: Well, I get up to the weekend my business, Patty.
Speaker 8: A horse is a horse.
Speaker 4: There's something breathing there.
Speaker 1: Tell me what that is? Right? That was this morning at four point thirty right. I try and keep everything quiet. I've never woken up a single family member. I've been doing this for years. I've never worken anyone up in the house. That was me, just the phone next to a loaf of sour dough as they cut it. This is sour dough. This is what sourdough is like, mister bread and I'm trying to get to the sour dough, said crust. What you need like a diamond cutter to get through that. My poor wife, She's like, there's several people try to wait saw their way through the house.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how when did you buy that bread? Was it like two weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Two days old? Yeah? But I'll tell you what, at the end of all this, you must get an image that it's one of those two men saws, you know, the one I'm having Canada felling true. Yeah. Yeah, it's a lot of effort at half fall more and to get a loaf of breadstick and the toastuff.
Speaker 8: And it's so hard. I always struggle to keep it on the right being of mind.
Speaker 1: And also you can't get a straight line. Yes, exactly, this is your going. I don't want a big doorstep, okay, because it's toast and it's c early in the morning. I've got the energy to do that. It's you start off with that thin, perfect size and then suddenly it takes a jacket and you're like, it's like the bread decide. No, you're having a doorstep. No, no, I don't want doorsteps sandwiches. You're having what your bloody given the sourdough gods have decided what you're going to get.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Every Monday morning, the first hour of Power, we play a game with the team. I give them a word, they have to give me a song. Alex is very good at this.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I fact there's two people playing this game. Really, it's they're both these former stars childhood probab of stage before the screen came calling for Alex and radio for Rio. Both a couple of jazz hands take each other on. It's kata camp in another light, where it's really Patsy and I are on the sidelines in this one.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't do too bad last week. I thought I've got a couple.
Speaker 1: All right, we're ready to play.
Speaker 8: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: You're ready, Patsy, you ready, Jess hands, you're ready in there? Oh yeah, all right, I give you the word, you give me the song.
Speaker 3: Light Oh, blinded by the.
Speaker 1: Well, Patsy, the boys haven't warned up. Those jazz hands come on theater camp time.
Speaker 8: Wow, very impressive.
Speaker 1: That was almost harmonies, not exactly the Beach Boys the World We are the World. That's very good. Real that was like in zero point one second sky Lucy in the Sky Wow, winning of the moment. Patsy is running away with the guys, Come on, guys. Eyes. It was like there were like three songs, is like three radio stations. So I heard Kim Car's Pretty Davis Ice and that you Patsy, Yes, okay, you get that. What were the other eyes in there?
Speaker 8: All three of us?
Speaker 1: Did you do three different versions of it? There was any remix? Wow?
Speaker 3: Shine Sure, Shineing, Shining Dee. And remember that in the eighties Shining Shine in.
Speaker 1: What song is it?
Speaker 3: Shine in Shining? It was around the time of Comcamelian. I remember remember who sadly you think Culture Club? No, it wasn't Culture Club, but I can't remember the band. Hang on, let me google Shine.
Speaker 1: I can only think, is uh is it Big Mountain Shine Shine? Like who's that Rihanna?
Speaker 4: Or Sunshine, Lollip and Rainbow?
Speaker 1: Is it Big Mountain Shine? The Baby and Shine shine like a large shine?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Bet you we played that song? You're listening to boom, shine shine. I don't know if you said three times a song will appear, and guys and the producers a little bullpit up there is it, big Mountain.
Speaker 3: I have not looked yet.
Speaker 8: We will what we have been doing just facts for what.
Speaker 3: Some other stuff that we've got going on.
Speaker 1: There's nothing, there's nothing on today's show to do with facts or any show we make up the facts on this show.
Speaker 8: It's no song called shin.
Speaker 1: Come on now shine shine like please text in. I think I'm going man seventy five O three one O four three the listeners or no, they've got my back course come I now shine shine like a light. Anyway, we've got to move on from shining some slighting to go run run oh yes, run to boadies sing oh, start.
Speaker 3: Singing in the range.
Speaker 1: I want to know what that you were going to start spread the news? You went starting? I did? You're going to say, singing the news? Start singing the news?
Speaker 3: The headlining today.
Speaker 1: That should be a musing show. A love person young, No, please don't we pay? Would it takes break? Yes, Matthew Warlder, of course you could have queen as well. Sweet sweet boys, jazz hand brothers got it and then one final one alone Alone.
Speaker 8: I think we're alone.
Speaker 1: Rio, You're this week's winner.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Monday Morning, brand new Miss Her lyrics coming up at eight, Funeral and Wedding stories after seven. Some clarifications are needed. Patsy, you know the Shiny Shiny song. Yeah, lots of people sing at the moment they've got your hazy fantasy. You're right in the eighties and the song was called Shiny Shiny. It's like a kid's TV show song.
Speaker 9: Would draft me insane in my head on the rain Man it's the eighties too, I believe.
Speaker 8: Like a nightclub and that would be playing.
Speaker 1: No, No, No, And this is the one I wasn't going mad. It was aswad and Shine. Yes, this that Patsy's one actually an eighty song as well. Dangers all right, now, Passy. Last week on the show, we were talking about famous people that we'd seen out and about, and you do want to say anything to respectfully not disturb them because they're entire till south their own private life. We don't own these people. Who did you see out in the wild over the weekend.
Speaker 3: You'll never guess.
Speaker 7: Friday night, we went out for dinner in Geelong. Who should we see but the Man of Geelong himself, Dennis Walter. The dulcet times of Dennis Walter. You mean the baritone ti baritone tnes correct newsreader, center baritone s star of Carol's by Candlelight, star of young Talent Time, Carol's by the Bay.
Speaker 1: Yes, the mark is unofficial Mayor of Geelong.
Speaker 2: Rere.
Speaker 7: He really is, he absolutely is. We're out for Mexican. He was enjoying a burrito with his lovely wife.
Speaker 1: Looking after that baritone voice. You got some of the herbs and spices there.
Speaker 8: Amazing how the stars live, they're just like us.
Speaker 1: You're on three W in the evening. You're singing with a big old baritone house voice of yours and then suddenly a choffing on a savetha some ciros with company? Or was he just by himself with his.
Speaker 7: Wife, with his lovely wife? And I didn't like to We had to wait for our table, so it was a bit uncomfortable because.
Speaker 1: Dennis, No, no, they hadn't. But it was a meet and greet.
Speaker 7: Was it dead in the center of said restaurant? Which I wouldn't have liked, but he was there.
Speaker 1: I went on the other week and they try to put me in the middle, and I said to wife, can you say something? And she went, can we not? It feels like we're on display.
Speaker 3: Poor Dennis and his wife. We're in the middle of the restaurant and we're like a meter away, which was worse.
Speaker 1: How do you concentrate? You must have friend.
Speaker 7: They plopped us there to stand, and I sort of said to Chris, is can we like move off to the side at least to wait for it, to wait for someone else to finish their meal?
Speaker 1: Though? Did you not not over like my journalists as well? You know, like I was talking about last week about how use dog walkers looking just non to where the fellow dog walkers. Surely you journals could the old I know, you know, but you just enjoyed breaching a look.
Speaker 4: It's a look Christian handshake.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, yeah, And maybe you just whisper the secret news his code and now you're up to date, and now you're up to date.
Speaker 3: It's like a nod of acknowledgment.
Speaker 1: And I know, you know, we both know, but what a voice.
Speaker 6: This is?
Speaker 1: When he did mcv unploats. Now you're probably going Christian. Come on, stop mucking around this morning. Please? Can I hear Dennis Water's of deck the Halls. It's a masher Dennis Crash, his head versed into debt the Halls. Who wins Dennis Waters the ancient? You'll type carol? What about God rest? Ye? Can we from God, our heavenly father of blessed angel? Kim Ship all right, producer, Kaitlyn, Producer, Kaitlyn, you have a new mission of the week.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: I'd like you to reach out to his people. He's probably managed by Tom Cruisers people. That's the William Morris Agency of Hollywood. Okay, I'd like to book him for our last show of the year. As Dennis Waters sings us out of the year and into Christmas, it's not Carols by the bay when having about by the kitchen there, it's Carols by the kitchen the whole than Who doesn't want to hear Dennis or to sing on the show the last songs we hear of the Dennis I want to Carols by the kitchen. Yes, let's makeup. Go get Dennis.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now on the show. Then we're kicking off Wedding and Funeral Week. Two big events, two events of heightened emotion. So many things can happen at weddings and funerals, and we want stories this week about that.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate Christian o'connall's wedding and Funeral Week.
Speaker 1: This needs work. Don't end on the downer. To begin with the funerals, end with the weddings. Okay, maybe a little bit of brings back memories, bring back memories, you know that. Don't end with this hard for you to come, yeah, real hard for me. But I well, I'm master rio Christian weddings. And my wedding. I invited a woman who I work with. She was a mad Elvis fan and took upon herself to organize the surprise Elvis impersonator to perform. Knowing full well I told her several times not a fan. Her surprise did not go down well. I was not oppressed. Neither was my new husband. Elvis refused, in Deva like fashion, to come on when he was supposed to, So all the guests had been asked to move to the dance fall awaiting the surprise, but he didn't show. No one knew what to do in the DJ. It wasn't sure. It just stopped playing his own juice. When Elvis finally did come on, he was awful. If you and Elvis import, how do you screw that up? I was fuming, My new husband was fuming, our parents were fuming. We all just had to stand there for forty five fuck clenchingly or four minutes to wait for it to be over. Lauren saying, who.
Speaker 3: Does that is entertainment when you're just a guess and you.
Speaker 1: Know that personally, you wor with who's kind of invites you. I don't like Elvis, No one it should ever as a guest or wedding invite someone to perform as a surprise.
Speaker 4: People worked for a year.
Speaker 1: Thinking all the different elements too.
Speaker 8: We've got Caitlin's wedding coming up actually next year.
Speaker 1: If the Dennis Waters can do it, or I'll get that Elvis. I know you don't know that Elvis, So guess what we've got? Bad Elvis? Not just Elvis, but a bad one. Forty five minutes should be enough to kill the party. This is amazing. I was hoping we get stories from wedding photographers because you would see all of it. And Rick Harman, a wedding photographer twenty five years, really has seen everything. Christian, I'm excited to hear in the wedding stories this week. I was a pro wedding photographer twenty five years. I could fill the whole week with these stories. But there's one that always gets no way. It was a huge wedding, talking of a four hundred guests and a dozen in the bridal party. The bride's parents paid for the reception, while the best man paid for the groom's cost, cars, suits, bucks, party, everything. The day went so smoothly until the speeches. After the usual jokes from the best man, the groom got up, thanked the bride'smaids, the guests, the caterers, and then dropped this and to my bride, who has been sleeping with my best man for the past six months, I just like to say, this wedding is a nulled. He threw down his speech, dropped the microphone and just walked out. Chaos erupted. The bride's own mum smacks her around the face, The dad's all lunched for the best man. We ran out of there safely, got in our car and just laugh. What else could we do? The groom had bowed off Christian the ultimate revenge, humiliating them in front of everyone and hitting them financially. And in case you're wondering, they weren't legally married since the paperwork hadn't even been launched. Christian enjoy wedding and Funeral s week. Rick, that is wow. I don't know, Rick, I don't know if we get anything to even matched. And Rick, if you got anymore, if you've been doing it for twenty five years, you know that's just seen the movie and we're watching go. That's just another word that doesn't happen in real life. Turns out it actually does.
Speaker 9: I want the photos from the heavy I want to see the moment before the mic drop.
Speaker 1: Incredible and then coulwait of the best man's face as he's been out, and then the two dads, not one dad, two dads. That's his own dad, the other dad going for him. All right, we'll take a break. When we come back, we'll get more of your wedding and funeral stories.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Send a message from Julie Howick Christian First showback. Listen to you guys after eight week holiday in Europe. Wow, what a great European eventually must have had. Thanks for making a bit easier to get us going back to work. That is going to hurt this week. You'll have the jet lag as well. Day by day it's like suddenly in the middle of the day, is that you've been poisoned? Yeah, you just hit this wall. But Julie, welcome back. We've missed you all right, So will you can feel stories this week of either what happened at a wedding or what happened at a funeral. Let's go to Lorraine, who I think has got two for one. Lorraine, welcome for the show.
Speaker 10: Good mighty everybody. Yes, I do have a two for one. Note it happened forty two years ago, so it's going to start sounding sad, but it's actually quite funny.
Speaker 1: Now, well, thank you for giving on her heads up. You know what they say, tragedy plus time equals comedy. Let's test this theory out right now.
Speaker 10: Yep, my mother dropped dead at my cousin's wedding reception.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's really, really.
Speaker 1: Bad, and that's the story in the headliner.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she the reception and she'd been having a wonderfull time with the family and dancing and everything else. She went up to the bar or her favorite drink, which is a Brandian dry, and literally dropped dead at the bar.
Speaker 1: Before she got to have I mean, look, you know, if you're to choose how you go out exactly, I mean, what did your last favorite drink? And down in that and I'm done and once.
Speaker 10: But the next part of it was the wedding party. She was at the other end of the room, realized there was a commotion going on. Everybody at the bar realized mum was dead.
Speaker 1: So they're trying to tag commotion. I say, you know, you don't call triple zero and go how can we help your emotive. There's been a commotion at the bar.
Speaker 10: So the people are the fab about trying to pick her up ticket out of the room.
Speaker 1: Weekend of Bernie's prop her for the photo.
Speaker 10: Talked so, yeah, well, the wedding parties are standing and looking at is everything okay? And they go, oh, yes, yes, everything mine.
Speaker 1: Beautiful sunrise.
Speaker 11: Yes, But the.
Speaker 10: Actual already of the story is happening in the stage now. Mum said before about a week before she left, Oh, well if I did tomorrow, at least I'll have enough money in the bake to pay from a funeral. Now this happens. The stupid thing was because she was in the state, it cost so much money to bring back.
Speaker 1: She didn't never have money in the bank, wouldn't even thought about what happens if you die into state.
Speaker 10: It takes about two weeks to get back because that's been an orbital to that. They have to transport the body bay and everything else. So yeah, but said you know at the time, it was absolutely tragic.
Speaker 1: But someone obviously then brings mum. Somebody else brings her a lot the funeral director's driver from one state to your state.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you can't go one Sta've done the coroner's apportner. You can't go and go I'll bring back.
Speaker 10: It would have been a lot chap and just go and pick her up.
Speaker 1: To effect rid of a grim road trip.
Speaker 10: You know, we didn't have a social wagon in a band at the time, so that it would have made it been hard.
Speaker 1: So you're going to get a budget van rentals.
Speaker 6: How early into the night was the wedding, luree, sorry, how early into the night into the reception was the wedding?
Speaker 10: Halfway through the reception, so you know, what have been a bit nine o'clock at night sort of thing. So but my view point is, what a way to go. She was surrounded by finally having a great time, having a do it, and you know what a way to go.
Speaker 1: You wonder if she knew I'm near the end, I'm going to the light. Hang on? Just what great drink? Please Lord, don't take me now, Brandy and carry up, but I'm about to die, you.
Speaker 10: Know, at less she could have a chance to drink it first.
Speaker 1: All right, So you've got that. That's a ten out of ten. That's solid gold. That story. You've got a too. You've got another story for us? Then? No, yeah, you're right. I guess there's a part two, is there? If there's a body that really should be a few.
Speaker 2: This Monday?
Speaker 1: Can you go and get my brandy and drive for me, please, Lorraine? Great stuff, it's going to take some beating. We're off to strong starting day one, Lorraine, lovely stories. Thank you very much to call him bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, my wife and I went into two wine tastings down here amongst some of the great wineries as over like sixty five. Actually we are counting. My wife and I are on a mission now as empty nesters. There are sixty seven wineries amongst the peninsula, and it's our mission over the next two years to go to all of them.
Speaker 8: I believe you can do it.
Speaker 1: We've already made it. And this is how to use being an empty Nesta in a very constructive way. Oh yes, they so needs to learn to blay the ukulele. Why not go weekend drinking with your wife? And so that's what we're doing. So we've only made a dent. And as its Saturday afternoon, right, it's a break. It was raining in the morning there and then in the afternoon that the clouds parted. It was a really nice kind of you know, at the moment that weather's like, you're not sure if we're out winter? Does it feel like we're into spring? And it was just for about an hour or two, it's beautiful, right somethink that the the clouds part and the sun came out. We're doing a you know the wine flight, you try a couple of reds, you try a couple of rides. Would you like anything? You want to buy anything? And as I'm doing it, thinking, do you know what? This would be a great thing to do on a Saturday with a load of our listeners when it's spring on a Saturday. We are a big mini bus. We all load any going knock over a couple of wineries, have a bit. You know, we all love a long lunch. On this team, we have a long lunch. I love is in hell, Yes I am, everyone's in yeah, yeah, oh yeah, right, okay, so we all love our wines. We're going to go wine tasting with the listeners when it's springing a couple of months time now, before we get into details of what great winery is going to go. By the way, I also think me and the producers need to go to some of these. Yes, before you deal with dare pass a glass of wine to a listener of mine until I can say I've tried and tested this thoroughy.
Speaker 8: Thank you, sir for all the work you put into this show.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I live a life of service. I'm here to drink and please, I'd do I do, suspect you have already, so you may need to go back to because was it the pinot or the estate sheers? I can't remember. I didn't have my note with me, So you've got and yet and you guys can come along as part of that as well. However, we need a name for this. Yes, what are we going to call this? Epic day out the long lunch rio? What have you got mate?
Speaker 8: All right, I've got a few.
Speaker 6: Firstly, okay, so in spring, yes, yes, if we do it in September, yep, September.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. But guy has I also had as a working one sip happens?
Speaker 8: I also have Christian O'Connell's Grape Escape into.
Speaker 1: The Planet of the Grapes, Grape expectations, and.
Speaker 6: Then Christian O'Connell's Spring Fling come along with us, people getting on.
Speaker 1: Spring. The wedding room has died down just a couple of months ago from the hell. Now I'm inviting people to come and drink and flinger like if something going around this escape its like that one producing Klan. What do you reckon? Alright? This is ain't no party like a.
Speaker 7: Shady body that I'm so excited okay, so I've got a couple.
Speaker 3: My first is very simple, the Veno bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I think those things already exist. I see them.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: My next one, this is fun Buster wines.
Speaker 11: What oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is that? Now we're warming up? Yeah, this is good. This is good. Yes, okay, what.
Speaker 8: About the plunk pilgrimage because you call the plants?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Directed all right, So here's my pitch for what we could call it. Okay, this basically what we're offering listeners and ourselves is kind of like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory for grown ups, isn't it you think about the kids? What's it forr theme is chocolates. Come with me, mister.
Speaker 11: In a world of.
Speaker 1: That's great for kids, but what's the version for grown ups? It's a wine tour. Step aside, Charlie, this one's for the grown ups. Hold your breath, make a wish counter three. Come with me to a world of pure fermentation. Chip the reds, raise the white, share a laugh, and lose the nights. Welcome to where is it now? It's the whiny wonk at All. I've got a.
Speaker 11: Golden cork, I've got win the golden cork. When the gold not the golden ticket, the golden cord. I've got a golden all you hurd me, what do we think winey won.
Speaker 1: Cator step aside, Charlie, this one's for the kids into your world of pure fermentation.
Speaker 8: You if you have, I would love to join.
Speaker 1: The listeners are going to fall by the wayside. Actually they will now want to just name it.
Speaker 2: Now Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: What about calling it gold WHINEO four two? Ask Christian? Is it whiney won catur or whiney plunktur oh step inside the world a pure fomentation on Saturday, Joy of joys of joys. It felt like Christmas Day had arrived from me when I was talking last week about how I'd ordered very classy bit of stuff for the home, normally decorations inside the house sar the domain of missus O'Connor. But I or, do you know what I've got flex in this game too? And I thought, you know, we've got a boring old doormat? What else? Wake up a doormat? And I saw that I could get you could have banned doormats. And I saw i'd see a beautiful, classy Oasis one. Obviously they're working away around England at the moment there had been an island for the last couple of days. They're here in Australia. Is closer and close. I'm so excited. It's on your doorsteps. It's on my doorstep now, welcome to Super and Over Heights. It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it's classy what I saw it still last night?
Speaker 1: Yes, great, No, no, it's beautiful.
Speaker 7: Bit if missus O'Connor went out and chicked it would have blown away through the night.
Speaker 1: That cost me seven dollars thirty seven for the postage on Ali Express. Shout out to the great team at Ali Express doing great work there for flimsy ass doormats for sure. Yeah, look sure, I may have to nail it down. It is a little bit flimsy, but seven dollars. But guy, first of all, look at the energy there to describe to the It's classy, isn't it.
Speaker 6: It is the It is a sort of scraw painting of the union Union Jack and then just write.
Speaker 1: The Oasis band logo there. This hits you and when does it hit your eyes and heart? Yeah? I mean it hits your eyes, eyes of the heart, the eyes of the heart.
Speaker 8: It really wakes you up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, doesn't Who wants to waring? Just straw doormat now, I'm be honest. My wife hates it, y yeah, no, no, no vehemently. She saw me open it up and get out like it was a prayer mat I swear to god, it was actually on my knees and she was like, oh God, Chris, what have you done? Like I'd done something very bad of it. It's our new dormat. I can't say on a family show like this, that's family rated the language again, are that one? And shame on her? Shame on her beautiful class, classy asty mouth. Yes, Patty, So it's it's not hot from you.
Speaker 3: It's revolting.
Speaker 1: It's no anti joy, absolutely not. And I'm okay, and I tell you what you better bring in. I want to photo of your dormat to my it's boring. Say now, and we can go like a kind of poker of dormats.
Speaker 3: I can who's going to win.
Speaker 1: I'm holding snake eyes, snake eyes, I'm holding snake eyes.
Speaker 5: But I'm not sure it's going to be doing what it's supposed to be doing, which is wiping anything from the bottom.
Speaker 3: Of the correct hopefully lot of money.
Speaker 1: We won't wipe on that, but they can just be welcome to.
Speaker 8: They want to wipe somewhere.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't want people. If you've got muddy shoes, where have you been? I don't live on a farm, even the suburbs. But what if you got some twigs under that? It's like neoprene. It's like, you're right, it's it's a near breing. Would be expensive. You don't get neopre six, it's neopren light. I've never felt material like it. Obviously invented something.
Speaker 8: New a tea towel.
Speaker 3: You sure they didn't send you a tea towel.
Speaker 1: No, there's nothing talis about this. It's very durable. Okay, real you're a man of fashion.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yes.
Speaker 6: I showed my partner this will yeah last night and he said, yuck, what's that?
Speaker 8: And I have to say, that's that's a products.
Speaker 1: You're a smart man, you're your your you're the brains of your operation. What do you think I'm going to go with that?
Speaker 4: It's not done for me?
Speaker 5: And like like the weird painting as well, I sort of want more of just a solid sort of union.
Speaker 1: Jack Well in some of them, I don't think it's going to be there when I get home today. I left for work today and I was like, this is the only time this is going to be out the front the house. I know when I come back today it's going to be. But good news, guys. I've taken your feedback on and I read through subtexts. I'm going to bring it in and it's going to be the dormat to welcome you into the studio. I insist, I insist you like it. You just do you want to say? I understand subtext. It's here tomorrow the.
Speaker 2: Christian o'connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for the sweets missard lyrics. It's just another mishardman. Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics every Monday on the sh Shu and then we play back your misheard lyrics. Else we're playing them back if we agree with your think you're miss hearing. You will hear this. If we cannot hear it, And for the really great ones, come on into the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame. Now last Monday we hear two Hall of famers. We had Julie from Adelaide and Pink Pony Club Chapel Roone. You're a pink pony girl and your dad's at the club. You're a pink pony girl and your dad's at the very good from Judy. Katie had this one from Division and Hallucinations Night after night. I'm still horny, all right, some brand new, some brand new ones, Christina Christian. I don't think you play a lot of Arman van Buren, but I'm a big fan and I've got a misheard for you now. Christina, have actually met Armond van Buren, who is a Dutch music producer DJ. We were both guest speakers about ten years ago in Amsterdam at a radio festival. He does a weekly music radio shows, been doing it for years called State of Trance. Already from the title, I can tell what kind of music you play, mister van Buren. State of Trance? All right, Christina, we all know this one from Armen van Buren. Computers take over the World. Oh yeah, and you know the bit I'm talking about. It goes beat, clap, hats basla. Oh. It's like if Lennon McCartney still kept on writing together beat's clamp based Patsy state of trance or is it Patsy's in this one? Oh? You know she's always in a trance trance of rage. Beat clap Patty blah bla. It's like auto suggestion because when I first read this, Christina, I was like, there's no way that's gonna work because beat clap Patsy three and this is beat clap hats bass. But suddenly it becomes beat clap Patsy blah blava. It's like, isn't it audio producers, we need to remix this, We need to Patsy remix. Yes, Hall of Famer, Christina, and come on in. I'mance Hall of Favor. Sorry, I love this beat Clap Patsy. Michael's got Hall of Fame. The script be truth seekers or are they farmers? See they love a beat troop. That's right, they're beetroot seekers. Supposely great v Kidney's in your Blood Sugar. I love that Michael word beetroot seekers in Hall of Favor and has sent the saying she listens to the show in California. This is on the stone Roses. I want to be adored or is it I want to be adore Ian Brown just wants to be a door. Yes, Sannah in California. Michelle, Boys to Men on bended knee. That's a song titled on Bended Knee, Boys to Men, Stop pointing fingers. The blame is on me. So this sounds like a break in end of the really similar Oh you're right, do we need a medics?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 1: I thought you trapped something? Or is it stomp on your fingers? The blame is on me. That's why he's that's always on one knees O, you know, taking knee the painting Hall of Favor. Michelle, I like this and John's got this some prince and great song. Most beautiful girl in the world. And feel proud in the light of this power or is it very different flavor to this song? Feel proud that Bin Larden was found. The Seal Team played this well. He was part of Seal Team six. Was he the shooter? In my mind? That's what that one black cork helicopter flies away, knowing that they've taken down the leader of Elk, that they crank up this. They're singing it, arms around each other's shoulder, Seal Team, and feel proud that Bin Larden was found. John Great is here, Liz. It could be in bin lard in the musical favor anyway, when you miss here, the email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au Ah, this is my favorite one today.
Speaker 2: That's sick The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much to Cow. It's just send me a misheard lyric. Obviously listening this morning, we played bon Jovi living on a Prayer Cow. The original line is Gina works the diner all day. How thinks it sounds like Gina wants to just dive of old age. She's given up in that diner. It's it does sound like he's soft on the die, but then he comes in strong, doubling down emphasise in the old age. Now, I don't know if it's the way you feel about your job today, starting a brand new week. How about I'm going to give it to you anyway. Now one of you slipped into my Instagram dm is over the weekend. We're a question of etiquette, Christian. I know you're all dog owners on the show. If you're taking it on for a walk and they poop and you bag it, can you put that bad poop in another person's bin.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 6: This really gets my goat because I used to live in a sharehouse that backed onto a dog park.
Speaker 8: Yep, and it would pile up with I was gonna, yeah, oh that's horrible.
Speaker 1: So this is your own bin.
Speaker 6: This is our own bin because it would be outside was a small like if we left it out.
Speaker 8: On bin day, yes, you come home.
Speaker 1: See that's the question here, specifically, if the bin is already out, yes, anyway, I think if the bin is out curbside, it's fair game picked up.
Speaker 8: Yes, if it hasn't been picked up, yeah, but it is empty.
Speaker 1: If it has been empty, I could never do that because I feel sorry for that person who's then just dropped. It's got to be in there a week exactly my dogged poop. It's not your dogs boot, thank you. But if it's out there waiting to be emptied, he's out on the street. I think it's fair game.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 7: No, if a neighbor put rubbish in your bin right once you put it out, would you have a problem with that?
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 3: No, really.
Speaker 1: In my neighbors sometimes if they see me like ramming that mouth shut, which they often do, then they go, you can come and put it in mind.
Speaker 3: But that's different because they say help yourself. But what if you do help yourself without asking if you can help.
Speaker 1: You if it's already got all my rubbish in it, I don't care. I'm with you yet it doesn't cost me anything. But you're one of those what's called a nimbi is not in my backyard.
Speaker 3: Ye, no, it's not on it's not protocol.
Speaker 4: My father in law is a superstar at putting rubbish in other people's bins, like he's renowned in the scrape for it. He'll go out at night just to do it, like any under the cover.
Speaker 1: Of darkness, the cover of dus.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: So what are we saying then?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think are you right? If it is bin dai and the bin is full.
Speaker 1: It's going to be emptied and it's going to be empty. Fair game. Yes, if it's empty, do not do that. You've got to walk with your own dog poop agree. I mean it is hard because you're swinging that little brown purse around. Sometimes exactly, Sometimes you can be walking awhile the worst one. I once gone to massive argument with a guy who bats his dogs poop up and then just threw it on the side of path. Who's going to pick that up for you? You've done no one a favor there. It's yours whose job is this to clear up your mess? You can see people have done that before, but they just leave it on the side of the road. These people should be forcibly deported. I'm a zero tolerance on that, zero and that's what I'm going to run for election for. Okay.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, can you tell Patsy? It's a bin who goes to their bin to put rubbish in and takes a big willing with I mean, good point. You don't open it and go Do you know what someone's put that's not my dog's poo in there?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: God? It's a husky? Okay, I know that.
Speaker 3: So think of the people that don't have pets, right, that don't have a dog?
Speaker 1: They don't they were sniffing their bench or babies with nappies?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you three w was calling you both for today's fun film Monday Phone. All right, let's get into today's time waste stuff. Today we're looking for your nineties movies. Make a movie nineties. Today's National nineties day makes sense for grabs today for the best in show on the time West. So we got a pair of tickets, Go and see the brilliant musical in town Beatle Juice to musical five star production that has audiences screaming for leaving Australia. They eleven September, so you've only got another couple of more weeks. What are in the top five The highest grossing movies of nineteen nineties?
Speaker 3: Is Ghosting there?
Speaker 4: No, it's not Forrest Gump or not in there?
Speaker 3: What really?
Speaker 1: Home Alone? Not in the the eighties? I think Wars not in there?
Speaker 8: Titanic number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Two point two six billion? Wow, Titanic is number one. What do you think the other big movies of the nineties the Matrix?
Speaker 4: No, what ten things I heard about you.
Speaker 1: In the top five? And number five Lion King?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Independence Day. Really, I would have thought all the ones you've guess would be bigger than that Jurassic Park. There was so much hype around that good movie as well, great soundtrack, Star Wars, Phantom Menace, Now that needs to put into someone's bin and I love all right make a movie's nineties Close Encounters of the Third Eye, Blind, Silver, Three Men and a Beanie Baby, Gold, Weekend, A Barney's that Big Purple, Growing Up with Him, Fantastic four Non Blondes, Fantastic four Non Blocks, Silver, and Saving Private Bryan Adams thinking about about Bronze. Oh it's going to go that way, all right? Nineties movies, were you make a movie? Nineties? Not up?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 1: Now? He's telling correctly, I gotta give my gold and the performance gets gold.
Speaker 9: To weekend at Ferbi's. Oh that's very good. Gold, Lady in the lava lamp.
Speaker 1: Silver.
Speaker 3: And is this a movie?
Speaker 8: The Legend of Baggy Jeans a song?
Speaker 4: It's movie.
Speaker 1: It is a book and a movie, isn't it? Yeah? Yeah, Gold?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what you've got planning this afternoon? What about you and I go round up a load of dog poo, try it out to Patsy's, wait until she goes to bed, shove it in the bed. Just a few ships and geeks today? Oh sorry there where I was? The mic was like, god, damn it. Kind of guys. Have a quiet meeting with a team member, all right, time waste today we're asking you to make a Movie's ninety of a grouse your tickets this week at a time. Wats they send you to go and see your brilliant musical. We loved it. It's only here for another couple of weeks until the eleventh of Office September. We're talking about beetle twos to musical. All right, make a movie nineties? You're ready to mark, Let's go Fargo Cargo cargo pants you remember and the cargo shorts. Oh yeah, I can't wait for cargo shorts to come back. I guess I love my cargo shorts as well.
Speaker 8: Might be waiting a while.
Speaker 1: I reckon I'm bringing back as soon as he gets a bit. Oh, they're coming out, start it now, gonna I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: And see it.
Speaker 1: Waste shots with my dorm at text in the City New in the nineties. You weren't that man? Flanney McFee. That's so good. Flanny McFee is very good. Danny drive him his days? He down to Blockbuster? What was he like to watch Silver? Paul and Coop? We won't get his first step of silver? Watch a day? What a day? Throw some pooh in. Patsy's been along came Polly Pockets. I feel like along came poly That's from Sam when Harry met Sully.
Speaker 12: Monsters Incat a decade confusion there, I know what you did last n A Summer Silver Puss Forest Grunge.
Speaker 1: That's very good. Who's that injury? You've got Tamagotchi mal Clever, Gold dial up and for murder, Sylph plus Lord of the Ringtones, A crazy on and Shawn Fanny Pats to the Future, Silver Coodio Runnings Carli very good. Now you seem now you say yes silver you mean Capri pants, silphus O, Jay and Heimer.
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 1: Robin Stephenson, well done. The Hills out Levi's Silver Cape, No Fair, Gold Video, Easy Rider, and the Bangs of New York's Gold Word. Here there are so many outstanding ones, but only one winner. Off to go and see Beetlejuice to Musical Rio.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 8: Fanny McPhee Sean
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shown podcast