Speaker 1: Is It Just Me Podcast by a couple of mitches, don't suck it up.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, Welcome to Drag Race Debrief. Mitchell Coombs is here. Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi. This is a bit of a weird version of Drag Race Debrief. We're essentially doing an episode to let you know that we're not doing an episode this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's like an anti episode, so.
Speaker 1: See yea bye. Yeah. We promised that every single Monday afternoon we'll be catching up with each drag queen as she was eliminated from Drag Race down Under season two, and that was going to be happening today, but then Pamara fifth pulled the pin last minute. I don't know. I think she might have a busy schedule. She was in the Gold Coast on the weekend, so maybe she had trouble getting back to Sydney. I don't know. But yeah, yeah, we're just letting you know that we're not doing this.
Speaker 2: Even though we're here, there's no interview with Pamara fifth. I think she drove past to Betty's Burgers and just is still there. No big fat jokes. Did you see the episode? I did see the episode. I love because last week Mitchell the beat. You ruined it for me last week because she texted me and you said, oh, we're interviewing Aubrey haveve on Monday, like what are we gonna do? What are we gonna ask her? What do you what do you want to ask her? And I was like, oh shit, you spoiled it for me.
Speaker 1: Oh you hadn't watched it. Yeah, no, Well, the reason I brought it up is because they were making bloody fat jokes at Pamara's expense in the episode, so they don't kick them while she's down. Did you hear all the jokes they made about her corset and struggling on whatever it was?
Speaker 2: No, listen, as a big boy, I feel like big big can laugh at big. I think the first one was funny, but yeah, you're right, it lost We knew the punchline like it lost the emphasis by the sixth joke and everyone did it, so it must be a gag backstage or behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Do you think maybe as a big girl yourself, you could take inspiration from her drag name and you could be Hippomara fifth.
Speaker 2: Oh can I just say no shade towards it? I don't get the name. What's Pamara? Fifth, what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I just assumed it was a play on Paloma Faith, you know, the singer. Right at the top of episode one, she said it's not based off Poaloma Faith, And I can't remember what the explanation was, but who knows.
Speaker 2: I think it's a stupid name, and I like the queen. I like the Queen. Look, we we are friends with Carla from Bankstown on the show, and if you want to do some googling and some online slothing, you'll find out that those two aren't the best of friends. And all I'll say is I stand with Carla. That's mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly don't know what the go is there. I've just heard that Pamara has I don't no, accused Carla of being a bully, and obviously I don't know her side of the story, have not spoken to her. But I just struggle to imagine because like Ben or Carla Sweet whatever you want to call him, is just an angel on this earth. So I just can't fathom how someone could have ever experienced her as a bully. But anyway, we won't get into that. It's not of our business.
Speaker 2: Really, no, no, And we don't have panorama fourth on the show, so she won't be here. But well, let's recap the episode. You know what, I will say, this is the first episode in this season that I actually laughed out loud at. I enjoyed this episode a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really thought this was a big improvement from last week because I remember how I said episode one was such a strong start to season two. It's perfect, and then I said, fuck mey, episode two sucked. But yeah, they've bounced back. I thought this was the best one of the seasons so far. To be honest, they did like some It was essentially a comedy challenge, but they disguised it as a drag brunch challenge, and so they just had to like co host a drag brunch and do a bit of a.
Speaker 2: I like to take. It was almost like a roast as well, and RuPaul even said that He's like, you can toast, you can roast, and I don't know something else, but I like that element of it a lot. When it started, Oh my god, when Mini Cooper was saying, I'll get down on my knees for you talking about Spanky Jackson, I wanted, I want to officially on the record take back my championing of Mini Cooper. I don't want her to win anymore. She's kissing me. I love her, but I don't want her to win anymore. I'm over Mini.
Speaker 1: Cooper, I think because I thought the opposite, because I did say last week, like episode two, I thought, Jesus, this isn't good pr for Mini Cooper because she was Yeah, she was just coming across as a bit shit sturry, even though I do a door Mini and have so for many years. But I thought she really redeemed herself this episode. I thought that her runway, Oh that was beautiful. Yeah, she killed that got me all the most. That was random.
Speaker 2: Although you would probably respect her more for the nip slip. I'd think i'd say, you'd like that.
Speaker 1: I know. I actually thought she should have just said that that was part of it, and she would that on purpose because the cameras were like, oh whoops, Mini had a nipslip, and I'm like, she should have owned it and been like, no, no, that I did that on purpose. I swear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we learn anything from all behavior last week, it's so if you fuck up on the runway, just say it's part of it. Yeah. Now, look, I don't I think Minni's hilarious and I like her and I wanted to go far because she's entertaining. But my winner I'll probably change every week. I want Hannah Conda to win because I think she's so funny. I've seen her live and she's her runways have been exceptional. But I'm also really liking who won the first week. I can't remember her name from Newcastle.
Speaker 1: Molly Poppins.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think Molly Poppins will win. I think she'll be in the top four, Molly Poppins and Hannah Condick one hundred percent. Yeah, God, yeah, I think she'll win.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna just disclosed that I have a complete and utter bias towards Hannah. I want her to win because I've met her and I think she's amazing, and she's doing well in the series as well. I reckon that her drag brunch comedy thing that she did was like the best one. She's such a natural because I go to her trivia nights that she hopes. I've been to a few of them, so yeah, I think she's good at that. That's her in her element.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, yeah, it came so naturally to her Beverly Kills. I like Beverly Kills. I think she's quite charming, but I don't think she nailed this challenge.
Speaker 1: I also hot take again, don't kick her while she's down. She had a full on, bloody meltdown after that challenge because she thought she might be going home.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but here's my hot take. I don't think they were in the bottom. I rewatched just the challenge portion, and those two were really funny. Like, I genuinely don't think they should have been in the bottom. I think who was the one that got come in her eye?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come? What was that?
Speaker 1: Her?
Speaker 2: Was? Her name? Uri?
Speaker 1: Uri?
Speaker 2: Uri? Churi Uri should have been in the bottom. I'm sorry for her.
Speaker 1: Can we just take a pause to acknowledge the fact that, for once, I know more about drag Race than you. You're asking me.
Speaker 2: For their names. I honest to god, I need a Buddy Bingo card at this point. I don't know any of their names. But Uri should have been in the bottom. Sorry, hand on heart not speaking. Yeah, I would have put Uri in the bottom with Mini Cooper, but they were judged as pairs, which you probably wouldn't know this much but in drag Race, it's a bit of editing bias. Sometimes they will put the couple like the duo in the bottom, or other times RU will conveniently say this week you're being judged individually, and they'll put two people in the bottom. So that's how production want the storyline to progress. Really, But I think it should have been Mini and yeah, come I.
Speaker 1: Well, it was your mate Molly Poppins that actually paired together Beverly and Pamara. I reckon, she knew what she was doing there. She knew that they would necessarily gel easily. I think they got there in the end, but yeah, they struggled. It's funny watching because I think some people are really good working solo and then you throw people together in the duo and they just struggle a little bit to have he rapport and bounce off each other. But I thought that they came good in the end in that challenge, Like nobody really bombed, not one of them.
Speaker 2: No, there was no bomb. No. I think you know who actually should have won in my eyes was And it was a weird duo for the two of them because Minnie was a bit manic. But Queen Kong, Queen Kong was sensational, of course, so good like.
Speaker 1: She really was. The bounce back from last week.
Speaker 2: A major bounce back finally arrived. Looked gorgeous and absolutely led the whole roast with like humor and was like magnetic. I was listening to everything she said. I thought she should have won.
Speaker 1: And then of course they had the runway which was red for filth. They were all wearing gorgeous red outfits. And I didn't think I'd say this, but my favorite with Spanky Jackson. I was like, oh, she looked godgeous that week. What a bounce back from episode one where she looked like a fucking I don't know dead Octor puts the found on the part of the beach. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She did not look good. She looked like a Wendy's hot dog, like a Frankfurt. Yeah, the runways this week were exceptional. Actually, I couldn't knock anyone because sometimes the ways on Drag Race down under bit crunchy, like it's a bit cringe, But this week they were all exceptional. Again. Hannakonda robbed again she's had the best runways. Concis No, I don't know when she's going to get her win.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, they looked great, But did you notice during the lip sync right at the end that you could see right up Pamara's tiny skirt like she had the biggest granny panties ever and they were so visible. I couldn't like unsee it.
Speaker 2: I know, And which is funny because faux for episode one eliminated for that and then they're like, ah, nah, you've won the challenge. Yeah, we like you. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't. Pamara left the fucking show. She didn't win.
Speaker 2: Oh I think he was spanky. Sorry, sorry, I really need I really need a bingo chart.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about Pamara, the one that left and was meant to be here right now talking to us. In that lip thing, you could see her full gut ah when.
Speaker 2: She pulled the revealed down. Oh, I know what you're talking about. That was that was not that was not nice to really look at. It looks like her fanny was out.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe that they just didn't mention it because, like you said, they had such an issue with faux Fur having her black panties out, but because these were flesh colored panties, they were like oh, we just won't acknowledge the fact that her skirt is far too short, Like her skirt didn't even cover her fucking belly button.
Speaker 2: No, can I just say, did you look at Rue's face? They cut to Ruin and he looked so dissatisfied at the sight of her gut. I don't think he was happy.
Speaker 1: I didn't make the connection. I do remember them cutting away to him.
Speaker 2: Though, Oh what about Ursula? Did you like Ursula Carlson? Who I don't think I've got to shine in her full glory because she made a funny Anzac Bridge reference and no one understood it. No actually watching.
Speaker 1: I turned to my friend that I was watching Drag Rates with and I said, oh, fuck me, I forgot Ursula was there because there was a solid, what felt like twenty minutes where she didn't say anything, and then you just heard her make some joke and I was like, oh Jesus, they're not showing much of Ursula, are they? But yeah, no, she's great. So was Chris Parker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back to the lip sync though, did you notice I thought that even though Beverly won that I was like, one trick is fine. Yeah, she just kept throwing herself on the ground and I was like, it's losing his novelty. You just keep like rolling around on the stage doing this slits. It's like we get it, Like it was impressive at first, but yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: She was you know when a new baby calf gets born and then it tries to walk on its legs for the first time and it kind of jumps in the air and it kicks its lips. That's what she was, acting like a brand new koala or giraffe had been born at Taronga Zoo, kicking her legs around. At one point she did like a backflip and a cartwheel, then landed in the splits too much and it didn't match the song, Like if the song is next level dance, but this was Kylie Minogue singing with some little British gay boy like too much.
Speaker 1: And then did you notice that Pamara obviously saw that she'd done the splits forty times and she's like, ah, I'm better, So she got down and did the splits as well. I was like, no, just dance, that's what I want to say.
Speaker 2: No, and that I mean, look as a drag, I've seen every fricking lip sync. There's ever been that has been done a hundred times, Like, that's not funny anymore. Everyone is they did that ten years ago. It's like, I think of something new. Please, I'm over the I'm over the stick. I was happy to see her go because I didn't think she was adding anything and I don't know. I loved a runway. Her runway was incredible, and I loved the message that she stood for on the runway. And she looked gorgeous. But I think she sort of hit her peek in the competition.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to ask her about her beef with Minnie Cooper because it was very much impolite and episode two that there was some history there, like Minnie used to mentor her or something. There was just some mention about that.
Speaker 2: That reminded me of when Jenna is. You know, Jenna sometimes just starts speaking in the middle of conversation for nothing like Mini. I don't know. I went, well, you know what I meantored you and I didn't enjoy it. It's where did that come from? Minnie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I meant when I said last week Minni seemed like a bit of a pett but no, after this week, Yes, she's redeemed herself and I can go back to adoring her like I always have. Did you notice I don't know if you would have noticed this, but I certainly did because I'm a CHERYLN. Barnes fan.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: When Pamara left the sage, she said pussy kiss, and I was like, yes, are you trying to make that your own? Or is that like meant to be an in joke with fellow CHERYLN. Barnes fans, because I'm like, you can't claim that that's the Cherylyn thing.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, I will say something a bit off the off the record here, but at the logis.
Speaker 1: No, we're literally recording of the off.
Speaker 2: The record on the record. That's like when people say receipt and recept it's like different words. I was, I was having drinks so drunk. At the end of the logis with Rhys Nicholson and Art Simon, and Art was in Dragon and Reese was there, and it's like, you know, the LOGI is a bit of a wank face, but like three gay boys, we kind of all know each other. It's like, well, just sit down and we can just not have to perform. So we had like an hour just like sitting in the cold. It was really nice and they gave me some goths, so, you know, a bit of gosses that. Apparently one of the queens asked to do CHERYLN. Barnes on Snatch Game, which is the sketch show. It's in the middle of every season. Mitch, I mean Snatch Game.
Speaker 1: If they're doing it next week, That's what I was going to ask tomorrow. What did you have planned for that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, yes, so apparently one of the queen's. Obviously, production want to know ahead of time who they're going to be so they can prepare, you know, so they can sort of plan out the episode, and someone wanted to be Cheryln and production vetoed it. They said no to Cheryln because RuPaul doesn't like when other drag queens impersonate drag queens that aren't him.
Speaker 1: It's right, right, Okay, who says that SHERYLN. Barnes is a drag queen? Last time I checked. She's a real woman, it's not a character.
Speaker 2: That's what I said, Like, I don't understand what you talk me about. That's exactly what I said to them. But yeah, a bit of goss for you you going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I had heard that, Ghoss. Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt, and so they've heard that. Maybe I'm very invested this season.
Speaker 2: I'm across at all. I'm impressed. You need to start watching the There'll be a new international one soon and I want to watch that. I want you to.
Speaker 1: I've already watched episode one of that Secret Celebrity one.
Speaker 2: What did you think?
Speaker 1: I didn't know any of them.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: It's like a mask singer ripoff, but a drag race version, so they're all done up in dragon. You're not meant to recognize them. And I didn't recognize any of them, probably because I don't know any of them apart from a whole made from Glee, which is it's clearly, which is so obvious.
Speaker 2: There's something missing in the format. I think they legally can't toy too close to the mark singer, so they can't say, oh, who could it be? Or they can't get because there's been no guesses, and that's what I think it misses. I think that Rachelle Carson, Rochelle Michelle Carson, and Roone need to guess, but who knows? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also watching that. That's when I was like, oh, actually, maybe the Australian production value isn't quite up to scratch compared to other series. For you have always been like, oh, the Aussie version looks the same. Why is everyone sitting down underlooks budget? And then I watched that Secret Celebrity whatever the fuck, and I was like, oh, okay, that was a big sha yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh Mitch, No, you need to watch Canada's Drag Race, which is a spin off, and you need to watch France the Drag Race France, and oh my god, you'll know instantly the production value is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I've heard that Canada is very I've never seen it, I'll say that, but I've heard that Canada is like equally not great and it's been voted the worst season of all time, and Drag Race Season one comes in at the second worst of all time.
Speaker 2: Listen. I yeah, Well, Canada was the first ever spin off, and I remember when Canada was announced it was like, oh my god, this is the first non Roupol hosted season. Everyone watched it, so it had all that hype. So I think that's why I enjoyed the first season of Canada's Drag Race. I haven't watched one since. That's all say, yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: You know what I've realized about watching drag Race because I'm actually invested in this series. I'm actually watching and you know, discussing it every week. It's got good talkability about it, and I've realized this must be what football is for straight people.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you're so right, one hundred percent. I played it for my dad and he thought the exact same thing. He's like, they get eliminated. Oh, they got fan bases, like, yeah, the queens are the players, like everyone watches them and it's.
Speaker 1: All something to talk about.
Speaker 2: I agree. You know, there's like have you ever watched drag Races? I mean, obviously you know this, but many gay bars do, like they like put the show on and you can go and drink and dance and watch the show live at a gay club, like it's a big communal thing. Like, yeah, straight men go watch a fucking footy game. All the gay boys go to the gay club and watch it. I love it.
Speaker 1: There was one time where someone I was I didn't know what Ruppults Through Our Grace was. I'd never heard of the show, and we were texting and I was like, Oh, what are you up to? And he goes, oh, I'm at the pub watching drag race, and I was like, oh my god, he's so masked. He watches drag race cars. I thought it was the pub watching actual drag racing. And then it clicked later that it's a big old men in gay show. Yeah, it's men in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well look, I'm glad. I'm glad you're hooked overall thoughts on this episode my favorite yet and I can't wait for Snatch Game. Let's do some predictions. Who do you want to see impersonated on Snatch Game? Aussie icons?
Speaker 1: I reckon Julia Gillard, it's got to get a run.
Speaker 2: Oh that misogyny speech, God, that'd be good, word for word, very funny. I'd like, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, Pauline Hanson last season, didn't they No, I don't think they did. Oh, I must be imagining that.
Speaker 2: Pauline Hanson would be very funny though, you're very right. Julie Bishop would be good another like badass, sort of bitchy politician. I love Tree See Grimshaw would be really funny. There's a lot you can play with the Bob, like always sitting at the desk, ridiculous hoons and hooligans running a muck tracy would be good Jackie wo but truth Oh a butt Rose that'd be really funny. Yeah and butt Rose like that's funny. Jackie are very own Jackie O. I think actually could be a really good person to to hamm up.
Speaker 1: What would you what would the drag version of Herbie Tobacco? Well, no, you are actually playing them, so you'd just be You don't have to give them a drag name. I was just trying to riff here, but don't work with me, that's the right.
Speaker 2: That was super fan is. Oh I'm not not glad we didn't get her, but yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh well apparently she has been bad mouthing Carlo. And even though it's none of my business and I'm going to stay out of it, there was part of me that felt like a guilty conscience if I were to.
Speaker 2: Break guys, Carl's a botterfied celeb. All right, you play back off, Ben? Sorry, all right, Well, thank you for listening. Everyone was an absolute pleasure. Thank you to all the messages I got a lot of people said, oh we had to put up with all rown hay on the podcast. We miss you, miss you. I went, oh, that's very sweet, so love you. Have you listened Jat No, I haven't, not yet.
Speaker 1: I spoke very highly of you.
Speaker 2: You're kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you do this for you bag him out.
Speaker 2: I didn't bag him out. I said. People said, oh, we missed you.
Speaker 1: No, you said we had to put up with all right, Hey, I know what you were doing. Don't back track.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know they're mysh. They come looking to my show. If you went to Baker's Delight they said we've only got fish, I'd be like, damn it, I do miss the bread. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What do you expect me to do when you can't be available for the recording?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know. I think you did a great job and Matt was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm not knocking Matt. All right back next week with another dragros do broof after Snatch game. It'll be very hot and I who do you think out of the current queen's will falter in the impersonation comedy challenge?
Speaker 1: Maybe Yerie. Yeah, I can see that, because during this week's challenge she openly wasn't that confident. So I know, maybe she's one of those people that comes alive when they're hiding behind a character. I could be way off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right. I think Mini will struggle unless it's someone that matches her energy. I can't see her like removing that energy. So unless she plays a character that has that, I think it'll be hard, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah right, yeah, anyway, we're done here.
Speaker 2: Yeah for Drags.
Speaker 1: I thought we weren't doing an episode.
Speaker 2: Oh well, this is the most nine episode ever. Yeah, we ended up doing one. All right, everyone, We'll see you next week for Drag Race Debrief. Have a great week. Love you bye, darling. Is it just Me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast at