Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Double thumbs up as where me chak Ampat's telling me about the things we're into at the moment.
Speaker 4: Patsy, what's it for you? Kicking off the year.
Speaker 5: Watched so much stuff over the break, but one of my favorite things was there's a new documentary on the Jerry Springer.
Speaker 4: Show, a lot better than I thought it was going to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah on Netflix, Jerry Springer fights camera action and it's like a background look at this crazy watch and Jerry had.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no editorial control.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize I've had something, but he was just merely the host. But it was a real, really deep delve into the role of the producers. And you thought a lot of it there are actors and pretending, but no, that wasn't the case.
Speaker 4: Because we grew up watching that show. There never been TV like that.
Speaker 3: It really was like a humans yes, and that was do you remember that actual fight?
Speaker 4: You know there should be that big old Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: It takes you a back it to a moment in time when that used to be huge that shows and then that strange bit used to do at the end, we try I'm moralize to make us feel a bit less grubby about what we've been doing.
Speaker 5: Just bizarre and just you know how the producers it was almost like a blood sport coming up with the craziest plot for the next show, the.
Speaker 3: Carl and Jackie Oh Show. To be honest, I mean probably some of those pauses just moved on to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably just watched.
Speaker 4: Every three shows.
Speaker 5: And also just you know, the pursuit for ratings against Oprah and and got there.
Speaker 3: In the end of Yeah, Oprah wasn't always this kind of Oprah that we know was super soul Sunday. She was doing this other kind of freak show.
Speaker 2: She's doing very spring stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Well that was the days of early talk. Yes, it was trashy like that until they found their feet.
Speaker 2: So I loved it. But he always had don't you think he always had a little bit of like a no to the camera that he knew that it was a ridiculous show that you come into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, I mean some of the plot lines.
Speaker 5: There was a guy I'm in love with my pony or something like like, he was having a relationship.
Speaker 2: And again they're doing that.
Speaker 5: The other thing that I've discovered and I hate to admit it, but we got home from holidays. I opened the front door and this god almighty foul stench whacked us in the face.
Speaker 1: We had a dead rat in the roof.
Speaker 3: St We had one behind the fridge that we didn't know been decayn there for weeks, literally just trashing the house trying to work out what the smell was.
Speaker 2: Well, this was us.
Speaker 1: Chris pulled the fridge out. There was nothing under the fridge, so we cleaned under there. We just couldn't and it was weird because it was shifting around. It seemed like it was shifting around the house anyway. So it's still up there. It's died up there.
Speaker 5: I guess it's a skeleton now, but the smell, and I remember Mike Granny used to use this nil odor It's this tiny little bottle of it's kind of like an antiseptic, but it's a deodoriser.
Speaker 4: What just for den rats? It was a really niche. How many of those days shift in.
Speaker 5: A year, But it's brilliant and I thought it's concentrated deodaizer. It's about five bucks a bottle at Coles and Woods.
Speaker 3: I could have done with that years ago for it when the girls were right in peak teenage years because those psroums there used to really FuG because the clothes they just festering on the floor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well this is great, and I thought, of course we just I was using bleach and then all you could smell was bleach.
Speaker 4: So what is it? What's the replacement smell?
Speaker 5: What is I don't know if I can describe it. I want to say it's like a vanilla, but it's not a vanilla.
Speaker 2: It's not a masking thing though, it's like trying to take away the smell.
Speaker 4: So it's a neutral smell.
Speaker 2: Neutral smell. Right, I've got a great rat story. Maybe later on, let's take a break.
Speaker 4: We'll come back with Jack and Ize Double thumbs Up, a Christian O'Connell show podcast. We're doing Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 3: This is where we go around the team too about the things we're into at the moment.
Speaker 4: Before us, she was Jackie boy, what's the rat story?
Speaker 2: So my in laws were here right up until we came back on Monday, and it reached peak hysteria over the weekend when I heard yelling from another room like, aha, it's my mother in law and I get they're in the house so much that I begin to like hide in different rooms of my own house to get a little bit of a breather. So I didn't. I was like, I'm not even going to deal with this. Whatever's going on, let them deal with it. Screaming, screaming, and she's going the rat, the rat. And Spanish is her first language, so she's saying, like.
Speaker 4: Rat on, d on.
Speaker 2: The one thing I can't do is through rat.
Speaker 4: On powerful action. I get it. I know the venezuela, but that's very good.
Speaker 2: So I can hear them through the next room and they're trying to make the sheets on Cordey's bed and they said there's a dead mouse living between his mattress. And she said, that is that is discussed on you. If that's true, that is very disgusting. See my father in law come back from the kitchen with a big garbage bag over his hand to come and collect the rat.
Speaker 4: I go in behind him a backup.
Speaker 2: Because he was in there.
Speaker 4: You should have pushed.
Speaker 2: Of the crime. It's his, it's his case. My mother in law still yelling the right on, like rocking back and forth in the corner. He goes to Grab the Dead Mouse and it's Gordie's plastic Rhino toys.
Speaker 3: All right, Jackie boy, what is double thumbs up for you?
Speaker 4: What have you enjoyed over the last couple of weeks?
Speaker 2: I mentioned the Vichy documentary this week it's on Netflix.
Speaker 4: I really like.
Speaker 2: It's called Tim. I'm Tim, and I never cared about m electronic dance music. I actually always wondered how it was so popular. But this is the first time they ever watched a documentary that made me care about it. And I care so much about a vachi now and we have had of vich.
Speaker 4: It's a really interesting talent.
Speaker 3: Obviously, we like the kind of music which is guitar and dramas and we know all that, but yeah, idiom music is huge. It brings so many people so much joy. And he's a real artist and visionary. He deserves to be respected like that.
Speaker 2: And he got to the point where every artist, whether they were electronic music or not a cold Play, I wanted to work with him because of his talents as behind the laptop and as a music producer. Then the other thing I really loved is we're watching No Good Deed on Netflix, which is Ray Romano and Lisa Kudro. They're a married couple and you enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I like it with it was.
Speaker 3: A bit cheesy, Yeah yeah, I thought you I love love Ray.
Speaker 4: I didn't. Yeah, I thought that was just lukewarm. Yeah yeah. How far are you into it? Are you? Well? He the how? I don't want to give too much.
Speaker 2: What's happened to the brother? Has happened to the brother?
Speaker 4: That's where we're right, okay, yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Should we keep watching?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, keep watching, keep watching?
Speaker 2: Want mystery?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you have to get to the end of it as well.
Speaker 3: All right, Just a couple of things then from me, I read my first great book of the year by some month Harvey.
Speaker 4: I read in a.
Speaker 3: Couple of hours. It's a tiny little book, but it's beautiful. It's called Orbital. I think it won like the book a prize, but it is such a great read. You do it in a couple of hours, really really good book. My daughter's got it for me for Christmas. Nate Baghetti, one of the best storytellers, I would say the best storyteller stand up in the world right now, dropped a new special on Netflix over Christmas that is outstanding, just a masterclass in stand up and storytelling.
Speaker 4: It's a brilliant thing.
Speaker 2: Did you see you know the maps app Ways? Yes, he's the voice of Ways.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's got such a great voice, isn't it built for comedy?
Speaker 4: So you Delivery and.
Speaker 3: Then two other shows for me as well. There's so many great spy shows at the moment. It started a couple of years ago with the huge success of an outstanding show, Slow Horses, and then David, which I said last year I loved, and then there's a new one now with Michael Fassbender.
Speaker 4: You've seen many of his films. Is a good actor. Yes, that's it.
Speaker 3: He's in something called The Agency that also has Richard Gearing.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen Richard stall looks. I mean he's got to be late seventies.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he still looks amazing. He's still just one of the best looking leading men ever. I think Richard Gears he's in that, which is very good, and Liones is outstanding as well. That's on Apple TV. Love that finished the second season last weekend. I thought it was brilliant.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast