Speaker 1: Melbury. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So the next two weeks we're playing a brand new game with you guys, and you can do anything the power that you have right now.
Speaker 1: Then this is huge.
Speaker 2: We have one hundred billboards every single show to play with and we're going to pick a message today sometimes two, which we did yesterday, and we can change the message on the billboards to one hundred big digital billboards all over Melbourne within about ten minutes.
Speaker 1: So we're looking for a brand new one right now. Nine four one four one oh four three. What do you want to put up?
Speaker 2: There might be something that you would text to just somebody, a work mate, your boss, your husband, your wife. The kids broadcast it to all of Melbourne. It's like send all where the all is Melbourne. This came in overnight.
Speaker 1: From Carl Christian.
Speaker 2: I like to have a billboard near the Pies training ground simply saying Jack Christopher Captain.
Speaker 1: I love this one. From Catherine.
Speaker 2: Our seventeen year old daughter has been living in Germany for three months on exchange, going to school there, and it's coming home this week.
Speaker 1: Her real name is Miranda, but her oldest sister who is two.
Speaker 2: When Miranda was born, told friends and family that a new baby sister name is Babanda Bunnett Fealzbach. We think it'd be great if you the billboard could just say that and nothing else.
Speaker 1: That's what Catherine.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to lines on nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Vanessa, Morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Vanessa. So what would you like your billboard to say?
Speaker 3: Keeping it short and simple. I want my partner to hurry up and propose to me.
Speaker 1: All right, so what's the story. Do you know that he's got the ring? I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went shopping for it and on our ten year anniversary, and it's sat in the safe ever since, for about six months. So I'm still just waiting for him to give it to me.
Speaker 1: It must be. It must be doing you in because you know it's in the safe.
Speaker 3: It's very frustrating. Yeah. I just keep thinking about it, and I'm thinking, oh, is it going to be today or is it going to be a special occasion? But no, just casually it still sits there.
Speaker 1: Because you've had Christmas, you've had New Year. This has went so many people.
Speaker 2: Traditionally they do it on New Year's Eve or New Yesday, the new year, new intentions and a wedding plan.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: But no, is he waiting for the holiday? Maybe a lot of people wait for their away somewhere.
Speaker 3: I don't know, he knows. I like the snow, so I thought maybe he was waiting until we go there. But you know.
Speaker 1: Places that snowed over Christmas a New Year.
Speaker 4: But as we're warning our producer Tom who told us the story on the show, he proposed in snow and because he went down in like four feet of snow, he almost disappeared.
Speaker 5: And he just had a hand reaching up out of the snow with.
Speaker 1: A ring on it. Worried.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: So have you said to him at any moment like the ring? You know?
Speaker 3: I have. I have tried being subtle and it just kind of gets brushed over.
Speaker 2: So is it like this when are you going out for Whenever you're out for a mill in the restaurant, he bends down to pick something up or shoela.
Speaker 1: So this is it? Yes, Mitch, Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 4: That when you say you're subtle, what what's your tactic to being subtle?
Speaker 3: Look? I might just say, oh if you know, if he's going to the safe, I'm like, oh, you're getting my ring, or you're.
Speaker 5: Going to get my ring.
Speaker 1: I call that subtle and beyond single ladies all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, nothing more subtle than than the billboard directly, one hundred of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's time to make it crystal clear. Uh and so what would you in your mind? You probably visualize what you think the billboard might say. What does it say at the moment.
Speaker 3: Says Mitch, hurry up and propose to me? Love ness, love it.
Speaker 1: This is direct, all right, all right?
Speaker 3: And a couple of exes in there at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many want to chuck in three? It's got to be at least three. Three always standard number, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Now we've been using exclamation marks, Willy Nilly will, were going again, Mitch exclamation yes.
Speaker 3: No, no, I was thinking more at the end, like Mitch, hurry up and propose to me. Exclamation mark limit.
Speaker 2: Today the use of the excavation mark one billboard message.
Speaker 1: Vanessa's right, So Vanessa is just seems you're going to begin Mitch new line, Yeah, yes, please.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I already sorry already, Mitch, but I've already forgotten what the.
Speaker 6: Rest of hurry up and propose already?
Speaker 3: Hurry yes, thanks pet.
Speaker 2: In the movie of this, Patsy's playing euphanis you know no sort of current affair reconstruction?
Speaker 5: All right, refreshed.
Speaker 4: We should be able to the three of us, should be able to look at the example.
Speaker 2: Bill I'm looking at this now, so Vanessa just let me just read it back to you. Mitch, hurry up and propose already.
Speaker 3: Now you want to propose to me already?
Speaker 1: Perhaps proposed?
Speaker 5: You don't want to just proposing to the next.
Speaker 3: Person, Yeah, to the and to the apprentice sit next.
Speaker 1: To him, SI story.
Speaker 6: Now why don't you put hurry up and propose already and then put your name? That would be better, wouldn't it as opposed to to me?
Speaker 5: I think to me.
Speaker 1: Proposed already, yes, just with crystal clear.
Speaker 2: Then, so the billboard, one hundred of them is going to say, Mitch, hurry up and propose already, love ness x x X.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, I she did say to formal okay loves XO.
Speaker 3: No, just three ex.
Speaker 5: Generation x three exes. But doesn't that say usually.
Speaker 3: That that's just what I always do me too.
Speaker 5: Three xes sometimes means sex.
Speaker 2: Get any one those dodgy websites you go on to, or it's a safe word for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but not here.
Speaker 5: All right, have a look at the update.
Speaker 2: Click refresher what we've got right now, let's see what we've got, Mitch.
Speaker 1: Hurry up and proposed already exclamation mark.
Speaker 2: The love ness night I'm running in paran Loveness.
Speaker 1: Okay, should that be a separate line?
Speaker 5: Separate line?
Speaker 1: Sorry, we're just formating this, right, it's got to look right. It's got to look right, thank you. So the last line would then read jack Loveness.
Speaker 5: X x X refresh, refreshing.
Speaker 1: Ye, why have you got like that hyphen there?
Speaker 5: Because it's like love ness?
Speaker 6: Like, no, I get rid of and can you do the xes in cat plays?
Speaker 5: Are they in capital?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm with Jackie? Otherwise it's like triple x back true true, true, chilling reminder that that even existed?
Speaker 5: All right, refreshing now, refreshing.
Speaker 2: Looking at the I like, what do you reckon about that? That's a bit bunched up to me.
Speaker 5: He's not bunched up. You need a bit can we do?
Speaker 6: Moss can we do a space between Mitch and hurry and already in love.
Speaker 1: And then we're done. We're good too, We're good to.
Speaker 5: Just talk amongst yourselves.
Speaker 1: Please, what do you feel about taking it from Jack to one on this bit?
Speaker 5: He's doing all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, more people don't realize and I mean, I don't have to get into the behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: But ye don't. Let's go change your sheets. Came everyone a reminder you have to do code.
Speaker 6: Cod That looks great, Jack, that's much better.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's have a look. Now, there we go. That's it. Mitch, hurry up and propose.
Speaker 2: Already loveless, kiss kiss kiss. Yeah, this is the big bit we all look forward to. Now it's right, it's perfect, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Send it and now we wait. Could be two three minutes and.
Speaker 2: Then one hundred billboards all over Melbourne will go live wave.
Speaker 3: Great, played to work now so hopefully.
Speaker 2: Okay, any minute now, Vanessa, we'll be in touched to you the next twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: There's his fingers crossed. See what happens?
Speaker 3: Good luck, lovely, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Well. Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we started this yesterday. Every morning on the show. We have one hundred billboards, you know, the ones you see all over up at the air you're driving along. We can change them and put one message on one hundred of them.
Speaker 1: At the flick of a switch. Here in the studio.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we had Marie who just wanted to say, Steve, put your dishes and a dishwasher. And then the current one is from Vanessa who called the show about an hour ago and her partner, Mitch, has had the wedding ring in a safe for about six months. Christmas has come by. You hear, it's gone by. It ain't coming out that safe. So she decided to push this come to shove, which often happens with a woman, and she's just got this on one hundred billboards all over Melbourne. Right now, Mitch, hurry up and propose already, love ness, Kiss, kiss kiss. So have we got Mitch on the line.
Speaker 5: Now we've got Mitchell on line one. Vanessa line too.
Speaker 2: All right, Mitch, good morning. I'm sorry that we meet like this. I felt like I'm kind of cuckolded and something in but I'm merely the messenger passing on the message from your partner.
Speaker 1: And a round.
Speaker 2: Let's get Vanessa up here as well. Vanessa, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, thank you. Hey Mitch.
Speaker 2: All right, So, Mitch, have you seen the sign as your has your phone been going crazy with friends?
Speaker 1: You all going, Mitch, I've.
Speaker 3: Got a few messages from a few people now and they're one of the coincidences.
Speaker 1: And so, Vanessa, have you spoken to Mitch? Has he called you or anything about this?
Speaker 2: This is the first time I'm hearing from it, right, Okay, So I'll let you two have a challenge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, I just figured it was time to get that ring out of the safe. Let's do it?
Speaker 1: Why not? Lovely?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: She's got to mark your moment in life. You can't just go, let's do it? Why not?
Speaker 3: Well, I had a plan.
Speaker 1: I had a plan.
Speaker 3: This is going with my plan.
Speaker 1: But why not? I don't know.
Speaker 5: We don't want to tremble on the plane.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this plan sudden? We heard about this secret plan. The map must be in the safe.
Speaker 3: It's a recent map. But we're just all She just got a motorbikele license and I played on going off a ride up the sky high doing up at sky High?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 5: How close we Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was it? February the month she got her license on Sunday.
Speaker 2: US.
Speaker 1: We're going to be couple weeks. We've ruined the surprise we have actually times.
Speaker 3: I don't consider it ruined. I just consider it pushed forward.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, be moved up. It's been moved up, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Let's go for a right to do tonight? Oh the works.
Speaker 1: There is reluctant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, just something in his voice, like, all right, well it's ruined, but we'll do it now.
Speaker 2: If you want to do it, it's going to be great.
Speaker 1: Get down on one late.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you?
Speaker 1: This is anyone? Happy?
Speaker 3: Happy?
Speaker 1: Mitchure you happy? Or has this been sort of gate crush? Oh? Happy, but crushed? But it's all good.
Speaker 3: More the school was possive.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm sorry if we have actually accidentally gate crushed anything, Mitch. I hope you do. You two make it all work. You're obviously a great couple, rock solid relationship, and I'm trying to get I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Okay, take you, take your time, do what you were going to do originally. Forget forget about the billboard, give me to.
Speaker 1: You can't forget about one hundred billboards. They're up there. Now it's going to take us ten minutes to get them down.
Speaker 3: I heard the say the flick of a switch off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the reverse switch is harder.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it as soon as there you go, one happy customer, one really unhappy one.
Speaker 1: Good job everyone. On day two of Wain a.
Speaker 2: Billboard, we had something planned here, but here's what we need to happen right now. Wait, didn't need new message up there.
Speaker 1: A S A P.
Speaker 2: So honestly, it's like a it's like a sell, an urgent sell right now, what message you want up there?
Speaker 1: We have to pick one as soon as possible.
Speaker 5: Essentially, the first person through it is.
Speaker 1: All right, So we need to change the message a SAP. Christian O'Connell Show podcast