Speaker 1: Is It Just Me Podcast by a couple of midges. Mitch. It is our third show, and the whole time we've been doing this, I have to keep reminding you that you're not on radio. I just like to say yes.
Speaker 2: Team, congratulations and throw shows.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, well done.
Speaker 2: I well deserved. And we've gotten this far and we have a great amount of reviews and I think we're doing really well.
Speaker 1: But there's one problem that still remains is that you keep forgetting that this isn't radio, and you don't need to use the same amount of energy when you're broadcasting here as you do when you're on air. You're not a jock. Here's just a few of the time that you've slipped into radio mode. Here on this podcast, you're in radio mode.
Speaker 2: Shake it off, it's over singing.
Speaker 1: You think you're radio voice again. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's me though.
Speaker 1: I get excited, you get extra breathy.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, I feel like we're a real radio show.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not a radio show. OKA keep reminding you this. You keep talking like an energetic Baskett all the time, trying to do that.
Speaker 2: You've heard me I talk like that. I went to a funeral to the eulogy, and I forward announced the bloody cremation coming on to the next twenty fingers sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll have to clap to on where that came from.
Speaker 1: The reminders of falling on deaf years apparently. So I figured out that that is too much of a big ass to just say, hey, Mitch, snap out of it. So I'm thinking baby steps. Okay, I can do baby steps instead of going straight out of radio mode and into podcast mode, Let's say that we're going to put you from FM radio mode into AM radio mode. Okay, so here's a segment that I'm calling talkback tings radio. Talkback radio really is just a world of its own, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I've got to be right wing all of a sudden. No, no, yell at women.
Speaker 1: Look, I listened to talk radio a lot because I like to know what else is going on. I like to get out of the FM bubble, unlike yourself.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no. I like ben Fordham's program. But that's about it.
Speaker 1: That's We're going way more talk back than that today. Okay. Really, whenever I listen around, I like to bring little pieces of gold and show them to you. Okay's this segment's going to wait. I want you to take inspiration because this show that I heard, I heard the start of someone's show. I want you pretend you're him. I want you to jump in where you think, as an FM radio guy, it would be appropriate to turn the MIC's on and start talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like in FM radio, what I do is I'll set something up. I'll play an open speak right on the post.
Speaker 1: As we call. This is the show opener, so the start okay, So so where would you think it would be appropriate to start talking to listen? Oh God, bring Boltitude in the afternoon. Phone now to have your saying thirteen twelve sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone, welcome to the program. Well we go normal.
Speaker 1: That's where you go wrong. You'ing way too much of rush. You've gotta let it breathe. I'm trying to help you here. You've got to be more like an AM radio guy, because this guy turn it off. He's in absolutely no rush to start talking.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not.
Speaker 1: I want you to take a listen to just how long he left between the show opener and him starting to talk. Brent vultitude in the afternoon. Phone now to have you're saying thirteen twelve sixty nine.
Speaker 2: That's where I would have spoken.
Speaker 1: I know, get a time.
Speaker 2: After the list. I'm surely it'll be late next We'll wait.
Speaker 1: Hei. You need to go to our instagram to see your faith. You are horrified.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone lighting up high afternoon? What written?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Surely it's gonna be now.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're gonna take him. I want you to be more like him.
Speaker 2: What dead? I can feel it. Surely it will be. Oh, I can hear it. I can hear it now. No, not yet, not yet. I'm visibly anxious. Give him time the jazz flute.
Speaker 1: When he's ready.
Speaker 2: This can't be real.
Speaker 1: I haven't editor.
Speaker 2: Here we go, okay, building, surely surely now we guys, God, what you'd think. Wouldn't we get him an opportunities.
Speaker 1: Joining for his time?
Speaker 2: He's ald right, he.
Speaker 1: Could have fallen.
Speaker 2: Now now surely, now do you have to get this because it's real?
Speaker 1: I haven't edited it. Ant me, I think that that was a perfect example of how to just take a step back and not be so rushed.
Speaker 2: Now I had for mine a heart attacks in that pulmonary embolism.
Speaker 1: You've got to try and break the habit of being a radio guy on that podcast.
Speaker 2: Now, I have to say, truthfully, that gives me anxiety. I've been trained.
Speaker 1: To not having anxiety already.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, not funny.
Speaker 1: Hey, if anyone was curious, he left that open er for two minutes and thirty five seconds.
Speaker 2: That's how long I meant to talk for start set up, take calls, and go into the ads. What was he doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's none of your business. It's none of anyone's business. It doesn't matter. It's it's AM radio. It's no one's in a rush.
Speaker 2: I can't handle that. Maybe he's not all.
Speaker 1: There, although given his demo, imagine how many people passed during that time. But now I'm serious. I think that we need to seriously coach you and how to be more relaxed unless uptight radio guy on this podcast. I want you to play our opener and see how long you can go without talking.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, that makes me feel sick.
Speaker 1: Mitchell. Either you're committed to this or you're not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it, So our show open it and I'm gonna just let it go for as long as I can comfortably do. Okay, I can feel my prostate itching. What's an old person thing? I'm gonna get me a glass of milk. Alright, I'll take my cowtrait and mitual coup.
Speaker 1: That was nothing.
Speaker 2: That was nothing physically.
Speaker 1: How long is the audio file that our opening?
Speaker 2: It goes for eight more minutes?
Speaker 1: You had so much time up your sleep?
Speaker 2: Eight minutes?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not possible. I think I could not have done that. It's a podcast. Who writes the rule book?
Speaker 2: Well, no one, but who finds out entertaining.
Speaker 1: I think it's quite relaxing.
Speaker 2: You think it's relaxing. This ridiculous d M beat sounds like it's from my under eighteen's party. Want to hook up with me? Did you bring gatorade? My dad gave me a cigarette? Actually my stepdad. Sorry anyway, God, see, I have to talk.
Speaker 1: The worst thing that everyone fears in radio is dead air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just this ready?
Speaker 1: How long can you go with dead air? Ready? I turned it off?
Speaker 2: Now I can't. I can't. I cannot do that long?
Speaker 1: God, look at him.
Speaker 2: January is a free The backup The backup track kicks in after first.
Speaker 1: There's no backup track here I'm telling you, really, you've got to You've got to kick these habits try again.
Speaker 2: I can see Jenna's nails growing, the.
Speaker 1: Two thinking, well, it's no longer dead air because you keep interrupted.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see I have to I have to do it.
Speaker 1: We'll cut that.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny. I go out to cafes that's not the story, and I'll hear them play Spotify and on Spotify song ends. You know, a song will play naturally and and the next one will start to me. I freak out, like is that kiss on a during pepper?
Speaker 1: Actually, I do that too sometimes when I hear really shit seg because if you just play a song like back to back on Apple Music, Spotify, whatever, it leaves the silence between them, and I sit in there going, oh, that's that would be turmoil in our workplace. So I'm with you on that. But I just think we've got our work cut out for It's don't we Jenner trying to get him into a podcast.
Speaker 2: Guy, are you sure you're doing work?
Speaker 1: We'll come up with something to do next week, won't we.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's my tend to come up with something because you guys have just put it on me every single week.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. Actually, the only person that can help you with yourself when it comes to trying to change. That's not good.
Speaker 2: What the fuck yet?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? I love that. That's a beautiful note to end on. Let's go, don't yet to follow a couple of mitches and leave us a very good review on the iTunes store.
Speaker 2: Please do You're just not good? That's very off.
Speaker 1: Get over it. It's fine, You're just not good.
Speaker 2: That cuts to my core. Yeah, whatever, the genuine question from the two of you, and I want to ask, honestly, have you heard my show I Do It Night?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, of course, yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think of it?
Speaker 1: Famine?
Speaker 2: Pardon it's bad? Oh please? You're in bed with a cup of bloody Hall Licks by eight Hall Licks. It's like a It puts you to slip. It's like a malt drink.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a slur. Oh I've heard that whole licks Jesus grant. All right, guys, thank you for listening. Once again. We'll catch you next week. Okay, Yeah, I got a lot of planned same time, same play, see you there.
Speaker 2: Add a couple of a couple of far I shouldn't do it. Add a couple of mitches on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Periscope to people's pariso. No, but we have bbo who oh you can vent momy money. Follow us on only fans for the junk. A lot of my friends from high school posts on their Instagram follow me, follow my only fans and I looked on the link he's having sex.
Speaker 1: My housemate like pays half his rent using an only fans account.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: I won't say the name.
Speaker 1: Jordan, I don't care. He's quite He didn't take the news, especially for the account. He just figures that he's already got these news them on the internet in a place that they're going to be rented out at a monthly cost.
Speaker 2: Wow, and he actually has enough money. He makes money.
Speaker 1: He has a lot of subscribers. Yes, does he really?
Speaker 2: I'm like us, Christ, we just lea our nudes. You need iPad to view mind not in the right way in the body I've started.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm more am ready than I thought. I can't even laugh atout and breaking into a fit.
Speaker 2: Studio.
Speaker 1: We series the need to go. Thank you guys for listening as always, Bye bye?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.