Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, Thursday. I'm everybody.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, why don't you tell everyone what you two were just doing?
Speaker 2: Oh, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Every time we get in here, Mitch makes me go and take photos of his new outfit.
Speaker 1: Was so.
Speaker 2: And today Laura looks out. This is what Laura' saying.
Speaker 4: She looks out, she sees us pressed up against this window in the sunlight like lizards. Because Mitch is like, my eyes look better in the sun. So I had to try and get him in the summer.
Speaker 1: So you need to save me.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm sitting here in the studio by myself. We're literally about to go live, and I look over wondering where is the team And there's a tiny slither of good lighting in this office, like it's just over there to the left and there the two of them are taking photos of each other.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I didn't get one photo of me. I am like an open Britney Hockey's camera. Britney goes to me, she does the puppy face, She goes, please good today, travel four all we and I was like, we're about to go on a take a photo. Do you know what presses me up against the glass? Like I'm an orangutang and an enclosure. You know those are rangutangs.
Speaker 2: That's something you do today.
Speaker 4: The thing is with the three of us is that no one will ever know what the truth is.
Speaker 3: It's actually a pretty compulsion why I would say, how that we look at all of our Instagram pictures and then you'll be able to figure out who is now.
Speaker 2: Neither of post from today be a waste of that outfit. God damn it. Okay, well the photos you took a terrible misshure. There you go, finally the truth.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show everyone, Happy Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've got a killer ask gun cut.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't say killer, but we do an ask gun cut where you guys calling with your questions. And today we have a real pickle coming up around the sex of a baby. We're going to get straight to it after the break.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's on the way. Pick up right, Australia. Welcome to Thursday. It's Thursday, which means we have to do this everybody.
Speaker 4: Pat. Ask gun Cut is something we do on our podcast Life Uncut podcast every single Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite segment.
Speaker 4: You guys call up with your deepest darkest birding questions, your biggest conundrums, and we do our best to help you out.
Speaker 2: Today we have Phoebe.
Speaker 4: On the phone, and Phoebe hasn't asked gun cut that we have never actually covered before.
Speaker 2: It's very different, and it's about the sex of your baby. Hi, Phoebe.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Phoebe? What's been happening?
Speaker 5: So I am halfway through my pregnancy and I have just found out that I'm having a baby boy, and you know, you just so so excited in that sort of stage. But I cried and I continued to cry for about twenty four hours. I guess I just had this fear and dread that I wouldn't be able to bond with my baby. And it's a hard topic to talk about because it brings up, you know, fear of judgment, and I don't want to be canceled. But these feelings are real, They're huge, and you know, I'm a little bit disappointed, and I just know I want to be able to be excited about my baby. And I don't think that I'm the only person to go through this, So guys, how do I deal with it?
Speaker 2: Gender disappointment Phoebe.
Speaker 3: It's so hard because it's on one hand, there's so many women who have issues with fertility, and then they're worried about or they have to think about, you know, wanting to get pregnant and how difficult that is for some people. And so I guess that's why when you talk about things like gender disappointment, it seems and feels like it's it almost feels selfish to be able to verbalize it. But then even if you don't verbalize it, it's still something that so many women experience when they find out the gender of their babies. If they've had it, you know, maybe they've had a vision or a thought on what kind of mum they were going to be. And I say this because when Lola was born, and I'm even want to be careful with this, I don't want anyone to kind of think that I had gender disappointment. But I expected when my when my second baby was born, that I was going to feel the same way I did when Marley, my first one, was born, which was like I was just so happy and so excited, and I remember when they they kind of pulled her out and they're like, it's a girl, and I didn't have those feelings. I felt just really surprised, Like I just had this moment where I was like, oh, that's not what I was expecting. And then I felt really sad that my feelings were anything other than just being completely grateful. But I think it's something that so many people experience, and then it's just a matter of time. Like you, you know, you get to meet this little baby and the gender just kind of falls away.
Speaker 2: You don't really care about it. It's everyone experienced.
Speaker 1: Just you, febs or is it your partner as well? Is it something you're sharing together or do you feel you're going through this alone.
Speaker 5: No, he's so excited to have a boy, but he's been so supportive. You know, he wanted a girl, so because he knew that I wanted a girl. Yeah, but yeah, he's obviously really excited for a little boy. And yeah, I feel like it's a you know, you have to grieve a lot of this imaginary life that you come up with, you know, having a little little girl to deal with and that sort of thing. So yeah, I feel like it's almost grieving that imaginary loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, and also grieving like the version of motherhood that you thought you.
Speaker 2: Were going to have.
Speaker 3: Have you have you felt any difference since finding out, because I think sometimes it can be like a real initial shock, and then after a couple of days you're like, oh, this is not as big a deal as what I first thought it is, or are you still feeling that that level of like, oh, no, I'm really sad about this.
Speaker 5: No, I am planning to feel a bit better. And I guess some of the things that have helped me are talking to other boy mums and you know, it's funny to refer to the baby of he and him, And the best part, I suppose is is just being able to shop for little boy outfits, I suppose, which is probably the biggest thing that's helped. And yeah, so I am funny to feel more positive, and I know how lucky I am that you know, our journey was so easy, but still the feelings were or are there? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think once it comes out and you hold him and you see that he's healthy, you were just going to love every sect.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The gender support.
Speaker 3: It's a real thing, and I think it's something so many mums experience, and every single person who experiences it is scared to talk about it because it feels so insensitive to do so, and I get it.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you've got a question, you on our help with DMS on the pick Up on Instagram and will help.
Speaker 2: You out on the show.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking about kids, something happened to me the other night which really made me question the things that I have been teaching my children.
Speaker 2: That's next time the Pickup.
Speaker 3: One of the cutest things about having kids is how they sometimes muddle up their words, like they'll say something which is not quite the right use of the word. But it's like their own little language that they speak, and so it's very cute and learning.
Speaker 2: They're learning, they're.
Speaker 3: Still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle of the world together. But also, I mean, I'm sure you guys can think about it if you cast your minds back to when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Maybe not a long ago for me though, yeah it is yesterday. My frontal cortex just developed, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: No, But there's like so many concepts or things that you know as a kid, you think it's you know, you think it might be.
Speaker 2: For example, here's one for me.
Speaker 3: I used to think that planets were all an equi distance away from the Earth. I used to think, Yeah, I used to think that they were like stuck on a plastic wi.
Speaker 2: Equidistance and an equal distance equidistance a welcome to the frontal lobe continuing to develop.
Speaker 3: So I used to think that planets were of an equal distance from Earth.
Speaker 2: They were all different sizes.
Speaker 3: There was no such things perspective, but all the planets were just like closely, you know, spat it around Earth.
Speaker 2: It's not very exciting, but that's what I used to think. Anyway.
Speaker 1: You know, I used to think that the word compulsory meant that you had a choice. So I'm not joking. So when all the teachers are like maths is compulsory, I'm like, amazing, I'll do double drama. And then when I had to do math, I you said this was compulsory, and they're like it is. I'm like, well, then why am I here? And like it wasn't until year ten. They're like, you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: But when I say kid, I more met like in primary school. I wasn't really meeting like a sixteen year old. But anyway, you know, our.
Speaker 2: Employers still like me just compulsory feeding. I've got another one.
Speaker 1: My parents once. My parents once used to make a joke that my sister used to have little cars, used to play with toy cars, and my parents like, oh, she's got a little car fetish. So I thought, as a joke, like parents do in the house. But then I went to school and kept saying that. I kept having everyone's like, oh, you want to go to the canteen and get a sausage roll. I'm like, I've got a fetish for sausage roll.
Speaker 2: She just used the word all. Yes, I thought that fettish just meant really like just that you really like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, look my daughter, Lola, she is three years old, so she can be forgiven for this. But she muddled up a word which I thought was so so sweet but also very hilarious. So her sister has a diary. She's five years old. It's not a real diary, but it's just a fluffy thing that she draws in, you know, from time to time. Sure, and so Lola had taken her diary and she was writing at it. Emali was getting really upset and I was like, Lola, please stop writing your sister's diary.
Speaker 2: Give it back to her.
Speaker 3: And I said it a couple of times, and anyway, eventually she clocked on and she heard what I said, and she looked at me with a face of utter disgust, utter disgust. And I was like, honey, please give that diary back to Marley.
Speaker 2: And she goes suck and I was like what, and she grows I did not, And I was like, what do you mean? You did not choose? I did not draw in her diarrhea?
Speaker 3: So Lola was convinced that I thought she was drawing in her sister's diarrhea. And then, very very sweetly, Marley, who's five years old, tried to explain to her the differences between a diary and diarrhea.
Speaker 2: So obviously you recorded it.
Speaker 6: It's not really called diarrhea. Because she doesn't mean that I'm drawing in my diarrhea. She means, am I drawing in my diary? Because there's a book called diary? I mean diary like and as or something. But it's not really cool a diary, So she doesn't mean did you.
Speaker 2: Have het diarrhea?
Speaker 6: Diaria is something.
Speaker 2: That like ouish too. You didn't draw that, did you? Well, what did you think it was?
Speaker 6: Jiah?
Speaker 2: That's true that you can hear at the end of it finally clicked. She's embarrassed.
Speaker 3: She was so embarrassed she almost started to cry because we all laughed really hard, and.
Speaker 2: She was like, you guys, how confused she had been.
Speaker 1: I think it's year two when I was a kid, where they used to go all right, time to play out your diary.
Speaker 2: Everyone. Paula was going to get her hand under a chair, and you know, it's like.
Speaker 4: The one word. As an adult, I still can't spell diarrhea. No, no, I reckon, anyone can spell diarrhea.
Speaker 2: I also coorse.
Speaker 3: She can.
Speaker 4: You've got to say Champagne in your head. You've got to say champage. You spell it out. Champagne and diahria.
Speaker 2: That's how I do chuaa. I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: If you're in Queensland, you'll be well across the poodemic, the pooh pandemic, poodemic the country.
Speaker 2: This is fantastic.
Speaker 1: We think this is great here at the show. If you missed it, The Queensland Health Department this week is being praised. It's also been criticized for tackling the taboo topic of pooing at work by using a viral meme format. So that what they posted official Queensland Health Instagram and TikTok a photo of two dolphins jumping over each other with a rainbow in the background with this music. This music was playing. This is Zara Las and this is symphony, and it says it's okay to puet work.
Speaker 2: It is okay to put work everyone.
Speaker 3: I you know what, there's many things that I'll throw my name behind, many causes that I like to advocate for, and this is one that I deeply care about. For everyone who feels insecure or it doesn't want to do it because they're scared, or maybe you have pooh paranoia, which is a real thing.
Speaker 2: Is that the charity just spiled it. When you're on Dancing with the Stars, did you support pooing at work? Astray some people.
Speaker 3: I understand that some people are frightened. I get it can be a little bit confronting the first time, but once you really lean in, it's great.
Speaker 2: Lean in on the toilet. Is that a tactic? Lean into the toilet?
Speaker 1: The Japanese, you know how on the Japanese toilets, they they do not sit or squad on the toilets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at some places they have the sign on the back of the door. It shows you how to correctly use a toilet. Yeah, don't stand on the toilet, which I was doing. So let me just tell you what the post says.
Speaker 1: Queensland Health Department said Consistently ignoring your need to pooh can lead to stool, getting stuck in your column, hemorrhoids and other serious issues. It's better to get it out than in. If you find it extremely difficult to poo around other people, you might have a condition called parco prisis.
Speaker 2: Which is a pooh paranoia.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Do I want everyone to know this?
Speaker 3: If you just take fifteen minutes out of your out of your day so they you know, some people go on a smoke opra being paid by Big Pooh or something to do the maths everyone, It's really important. Fifteen minutes a day. Some people go downstairs, they have a little smoke. They might do a seven minute smoke in the morning. Seven minutes smoking the afternoon terrible for your health. If you do fifteen minutes, that is sweet. I'm going to do the math.
Speaker 2: I did it wrong. Hold on, why are you.
Speaker 3: So invested in this? You're doing the math because you'll save by pooing at work. Yes, O, very great, that's seventy five minutes a week. Seventy five minutes. That's an hour and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: So we go.
Speaker 1: Let's base it off the average Australian salary, which is seventy five thousand Australian dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the math, so, oh god, this is applicated.
Speaker 1: No, it's not thirty eight hours a week.
Speaker 2: I've done the math here, so many is it?
Speaker 1: That's three dollars and seventeen cents per session or six dollars and thirty four cents per day.
Speaker 3: Guys, you could spend sixty hours, sixty hours of your year doing a pooh at work and get paid for it.
Speaker 2: That's increased. This is a genius act.
Speaker 1: Thirty one Australian dollars per week you could save by pooing at work. That's how much you'd make by pooing in the office.
Speaker 2: Just say you get paid forty dollars an hour.
Speaker 3: That's two three hundred and ninety two dollars for pooing at work.
Speaker 2: I think we have cracked the absolute cod.
Speaker 1: We sound like those washed up couples on Dannel's direct on Channel seven trying to sell a mop.
Speaker 2: You will also get a free set of Stage Night. Hey will also send you the drag and cream included with your poo at work if you.
Speaker 1: Want it for your under eyebags.
Speaker 2: I mean this though, I mean I think it's a very funny campaign. We can all laugh.
Speaker 3: But some people are so scared to do this. Some people are like, no, I'll wait, I'll go before work, I'll go after work. Won't do it in a public place.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Because we're on air, right, so we only have if we really need to go. During the show. We have a couple of ads and some songs, so we maximum have five, six, seven minutes. So I'm my body's trained to just squeeze one out and run back in.
Speaker 2: We are classy people, or can I say this whatever you want?
Speaker 1: We at two fifty this afternoon before the show. She went, I'm going to run and do a pool and then she took ages and came back and she said, one of the girls from sales was doing a makeup in the sink, so you were too afraid to let it pop?
Speaker 3: Yes, because there is an etiquette everyone we all know, like which store do you choose.
Speaker 2: How do you you know, how do you get the acoustics right?
Speaker 3: Because as much as it might be something that I need to do, I don't need everybody else in the bathroom to experience it.
Speaker 2: Also, it doesn't you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Worry everyone poohs. It's what the Queensland Health Department said. Everyone poos, do not worry. It's very normal.
Speaker 3: Also, consistently ignoring your need to pooh can lead to the stool getting stuck in your colon, hemorrhoids, or other serious health conditions, So it's better to let it out than hold it in.
Speaker 2: This message was brought to you by the Queens, No brought by Laburn. That's embarrassing, mate.
Speaker 1: We will see you all tomorrow. If you missed any of the show. If you love that so much you want to listen to more that you can podcast it. Just search the pickup on the IHET.
Speaker 2: Radio you can and we'll be back tomorrow like we are every day. Maybe see