Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh Happy truesday, guys.
Speaker 3: I think this is the last time we're going to be able to say see you next Tuesday. Oh yeah, I responded, people know what I'm talking about. But I always find when I do things that I'm not sure if people know, they always know, So just trust the niche of skuys.
Speaker 2: Except there was that one occasion at the live podcast show where you were singing and you said people thought you wanted to be a real singer.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I did the Crazy Frog. That was a serious low point. Today we're talking about ice cream. I have an amazing story from the early nineteen hundreds about people dying from eating ice cream.
Speaker 4: Is it made that a pooh?
Speaker 1: No, that's a Cuhi poop, not the Cuhi.
Speaker 4: What's cucci? What is it? Chi? Oh? Cucys c.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: Actually it is our last week queer, stop quiet quitting guys, commit to the bitch as we have here today.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: Apparently Mickey has like a week of surprises in soare for us. I don't know what this is do I close my eyes?
Speaker 1: Okay, eyes are closed. It's a bag? Okay?
Speaker 2: Is this a sunny angel and inflatable? Maybe it's a trophy, an edible chocolate trophy, not edible open? Ah yay, me and my intuition, I'm like, I'm tapped in not edible?
Speaker 1: Wow? Oh like weird? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, we got as a dozen each bays.
Speaker 4: This is above and beyond.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh it's risky, speme.
Speaker 2: But when we went through, we went through an era of misspren brand names.
Speaker 3: So, guys, krispy Kreme have such an amazing part in my brain.
Speaker 4: The fact that sounds like an ad read.
Speaker 3: Wait, let me tell you so, guys, when Krispy Kreme opened in Chadstone in I think two thousand and six, I went with my family and I could not believe that we had this amazing American brand. That's my story. I just love Christia cream so much, and I will say the enjoyment was slightly soured when someone told me that it's the calorie the calorie count, but I persevered.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: I actually have travelers diarrhea, so it's not ideal, but I'm really thankful and grateful. I think it'll help push it out. Yeah, and I do love access service. It's so thoughtful. Thank you, Mickey. Okay, I got a surprise on my own. I saw these in the fridge downstairs, and you know me, I like straight after lunch to get a mass bah so so glad I saved three.
Speaker 1: And do you know what she said to me?
Speaker 2: She looked at it the eye and said, I think I saw something in the fridge, and if it's not mine, I'm going to be upset. How would you know, because I just Mickey knows us, yes, but how would you see in an office that was how many radio shows are in the one hundreds hundred and you would go into a tiny fridge that is meant to resource hundreds of people, see two boxes of Krispy Kremes and threaten Mickey in hopes that they belong to us.
Speaker 1: I said, I will get a dealiary barner to bring me my partner.
Speaker 4: You're sick. That means intuition spot on.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Cruzia Kreams. It's time for Flexi's Big question of the week on cater.
Speaker 2: If your life was a movie, which would you want to be in? I'm only asking because I do that thing that everybody does when you get in a plane, you stuck up on all these movies that you should have watched but you haven't. I don't know if I've spoken to you about this before, but I don't like to watch movies more than once, and I want to read books more than once. I'm like, my first impression should be the impression. I don't get anything more or less from it. But I'm renegging on that because if a movie's really impacted me, I want to know why as well as opposed to just getting.
Speaker 4: Caught up in the feelings.
Speaker 2: So naturally, I did put any sane person did and rewatched What Mean Girls?
Speaker 4: That does nothing for me.
Speaker 2: I wish it did, though, because it's got a lot of cultural references that I don't really understand. But no Tram the Notebook, no rom com or comedy, solutely none or horror, No a thriller inception.
Speaker 4: I rewatched him. Christopher Nolan Bay, what do you think this is?
Speaker 1: I think I've even ever watched that movie.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised it's completing.
Speaker 2: At one point in time, it was the best movie in the world according to IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, too.
Speaker 1: We know it's all men that yeah, my people, Okay.
Speaker 4: My community. He's sick in me.
Speaker 2: But it's about dreams, which I like you do, and it's about developing this skill. So the protagonist is a thief and he doesn't steal real life assets. He steals and plants memories into people's brains or he extracts their deepest, darker secrets from their brain as he intercepts their dreams.
Speaker 1: And what does he do that for? To bribe them for other big dogs?
Speaker 2: So like, let's say I'm a big dog and you're a big dog, and I want to get into your brain and convince you to like dissolve your company so I can be an oligarch. I'll hire this guy to intercept your dreams, plant a memory, or plant an idea so deep in your subconscious that over a couple of months or years, you'll think it was your own idea and.
Speaker 4: You'll act on it. Very cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, If I had to be in a movie, it would be.
Speaker 2: Sorry, oh did I eat Hell Day? I don't even know what it's about, but I hate in my head. I know like ten, I know ten rom coms. And if it wasn't gonna be that. It was gonna be like ten Things I Hate about You, or like that Romeo and Juliet one that everybody likes.
Speaker 1: You pick the most derogatory movie all the time.
Speaker 2: What is it about it? Like the Reese with a spoon one. Oh that's a bit to me.
Speaker 3: She's a chuaha and she drives a Porsche No Bridge Jones. She's like in her thirty single wants a boyfriend, Go get Gone.
Speaker 2: And she works as a journalist doing field studies, doing pieces to camera a comedy bass Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I rewatched and I was like, well, no, if my thing you had to be like a moving picture, it would be a sitcom.
Speaker 4: Oh you are okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's like recurring themes, like no big issue, the big issues are resolved by the end of the episode. It's funny there's recurring characters.
Speaker 2: I was listening to a scriptwriter recently though, was saying that one of the things that makes TV show so good is that what can go wrong does go wrong, and that's what.
Speaker 4: Makes it interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then like just minor issues, minor issues Simpsons, So which show Simpsons or South Park? What character on the Simpsons? I want to be far Maggie. Lisa, Oh, would never said the least a couple of years ago. I'm on the Lisa train.
Speaker 1: Well, because she was like a nerd, like nerd and like a bit.
Speaker 3: She took all the worries of the world on her shoulders, which you know, to be a woman is to suffer, as they say.
Speaker 4: And who would you have been a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Maggie, Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: There's an evolution happening one hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent for better or for worse. And if I was in South Park, I would want to be.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Cartman has fun as an antagonist. Have you watched South Park?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Maybe, mister Garrison.
Speaker 4: Anyway, guys say no more.
Speaker 3: We are not with child yet, both not pregnant as I know.
Speaker 4: It got my palms right, he said three kids.
Speaker 3: Though, Oh, I see you as a one child family.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I want to be a one child babe as well. But maybe I just might get the hang of it.
Speaker 3: If you have children, they will definitely be girls. That's all I'm going to say, thank you. Okay, So we have an anonymous story from a listener, which I always love because if they're anonymous, they means this is really crazy.
Speaker 1: All right here we go.
Speaker 3: Random story of crap parenting and an early pre admission redacted for my daughter.
Speaker 1: We love that redacted?
Speaker 4: Okay, pre admission a pre admission.
Speaker 2: It's like when their name is down for the expensive school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the expensive school of flex and frimes. My kid has a playdate and as a little mate is leaving, I like this woman with his mum. I notice he's holding a redacted ring in his hand, something from.
Speaker 1: Her top drawer. If you know what I'm saying, TK.
Speaker 4: Thank you because as an engagement room in.
Speaker 3: His hand from a packet that was stashed in mummy's private drawer. Left with no choice, I had to refit out of his hands and awkwardly explain to his mum why I had just attacked her son. Fast forward a few weeks. Cleaning out my six year old daughter's school bag one afternoon, what do I find but the entire pack of redacted rings that have since been moved to a new secret location. The worst part is it was a pack of six and there were only two left, so she had obviously.
Speaker 4: Gifted them to her friends.
Speaker 3: I am unprepared for all and any of the aftermath of this situation, so planned to act shocked if anything comes of it, pleadnerance and deny everything percent.
Speaker 4: What can you do?
Speaker 1: Mate, Like children, they don't know what's happening. They just think it's a funny thing.
Speaker 4: A hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You don't want to isolate yourself from the other parents. It's not even your fault.
Speaker 1: Surely, because I always thought so.
Speaker 3: When you're a kid, you're thinking, oh my god, if one parent, if one person's parents like fudge up, then that's so embarrassing. But like all the parents are on the same level, they're all in it together.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it's I think it's supremacy. I think when you're in that environment. I've heard enough horror stories about school pickup hierarchies where the parents who are a bit more diligent in picking up judge the parents who are like you know, every now and then kids get left in after school care get judged by the parents. Parents who don't participate in P and C get judged heavily. And because only a few parents can actually do that, the hierarchy displays itself really early on.
Speaker 1: Was your mom ever involved in that stuff? No, nor was mine.
Speaker 4: I just feel like it's a it's a whole job in itself.
Speaker 2: But I was talking to a friend recently who is trying to get her toddlers into school, and she hoping to just donate some money. And she donated the money and she didn't get her so horrible stuff. Sometimes money doesn't do what it needs to do in terms of nepotism. Sometimes you just donate, so good.
Speaker 1: Flex and Frims. I'm Kido, I'm mickey ARMI, Hi guys, what's up? Sis? Well, you guys are quitting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I thought, let's just go through the archives and listen to some of your best bits, because I'm not sure you guys would do that very often.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I leave that where it should be on the on the internet for eternity.
Speaker 1: All right, Sis, play the tape.
Speaker 2: Flex and Fromes And if you haven't seen our previous video on how to behave when You're dating, go and watch it.
Speaker 4: Had her on good authority. Everyone's obsessed with her.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: BARAQ says something, I mean, a.
Speaker 1: Man thought it was Barrack Barack.
Speaker 4: Are you joking about?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a Barrack Barack Obama Barreck just the.
Speaker 3: Way he said Barack Barack he's a Baraque, Barack Obama, Barack Obama.
Speaker 1: I'll take it back shut.
Speaker 3: I'm never home called Barack your first one.
Speaker 1: It's Obama.
Speaker 2: The present day never forgets Obama. Okay, let's let's.
Speaker 3: Lex and frooms weekday afternoons from three only.
Speaker 4: On kater Be Sound Production, with a little help for Andy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's going, we need a super cut. It just docks me to hell and high water. It's not looking good. So Obumma, if you listen to this redacted, imagine if Obama released you know how every year he does like fifty favorite songs, he does his fifty favorite podcast.
Speaker 4: When twenty seven, I really thought it was Barrack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you really? Actually? I need to know back Obama? Yeah? Probably Baraq sounds wrong to me. Barack?
Speaker 4: Is it my accent? I don't understand. I always thought it was Barack, like just like him. She's channeling.
Speaker 1: I would say, it's Barack Obama. Is that right?
Speaker 4: You just said it?
Speaker 3: That was right, Barack Obama. You want, I have to say Obama Obama? Whatever king you in from?
Speaker 4: And she mispronounced his name, whatever king, just the president, enab.
Speaker 3: I've been really getting into my ice cream era of late. I've been going to Anita Gelato in Bondo Beach. I say that because there's also Anita Gelato is all over the world, including New.
Speaker 4: York, including Hey Market.
Speaker 1: Have you been there? Have you had the milk chocolate pretzel?
Speaker 4: Would never do a dairy moment?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: I would absolutely never.
Speaker 1: What do you eat?
Speaker 2: Then? Whoa?
Speaker 4: What the way?
Speaker 3: You and my dad are actually so similar as people. Really both love sorbet hate milk, both salespeople and both daughters.
Speaker 2: I see my future in his daughter would be like we weren't even well off.
Speaker 4: Mom did drive me to school. Everyone in a rolls for we wait, it's part of the family.
Speaker 1: I deny.
Speaker 4: It's something my dad taught me. He said, I'm learning in real time.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's play the grab mickey, do you want to explain? To explained it?
Speaker 3: Speaking of ice cream, guys, I came across. I've been talking about ice cream thinking baskroam all the time. Then TikTok obviously served me up a beautiful soft serve of this story.
Speaker 5: During the Victorian period, many children died from having ice cream. During the late nineteenth century, ice cream was incredibly popular amongst all the classes. Both in America and in the UK, vendors with ice cream carts like.
Speaker 1: That would travel to fairs. They would also.
Speaker 5: Walk along popular streets and they would sell the ice cream. The ice cream itself would be served in little glasses like this. In Britain, they were called penny licks. So the child or the adult who bought that ice cream would lick the ice cream, staying close to the cart, and then would give back the glass. And as you've guessed it, those glasses were not washed. They were simply refilled with more ice cream for another customer.
Speaker 1: And if the.
Speaker 5: Glasses were rinced at all, there were rinsed in a bowl of stagnant water, perhaps fished out of a river, which itself was invested with sewage. Soon, however, medical professionals began to associate these penny licks with the transmission of diseases such as cholera.
Speaker 1: Cholera, that's the green one. Yeah, you die of cholera.
Speaker 2: I'm googling penny licks, so I need to understand habits. A turn like a little shot glass and.
Speaker 1: They tongue it out.
Speaker 2: I find it so funny how the term lick was like so prominent in the early days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, petty lick, pennyfath.
Speaker 2: A lick of a lock of something like a small a small bit of something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, words are.
Speaker 1: Amazing, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Okay, define lick.
Speaker 1: Let's just get really quickly while we're here, while we're here.
Speaker 2: To pass the tongue over something in order to taste, moisten or clean it, to overcome decisively.
Speaker 4: All right, Mary, I know, and I'm licked. I'm serious. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you're Google, we gotta go on Urban Dictionary.
Speaker 4: We don't. It doesn't. What did ox word do to you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anyway, guys, current ice cream recommendations Connisill Cookies and Chrome.
Speaker 4: Just want recommendation add the vanilla flavor.
Speaker 1: I see click defined.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio