Speaker 1: It is the pick up around Australia with Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great savings every day. As we know, we're all Ozzie's.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else does Ozzie meat pie.
Speaker 1: These are like the aussieisms that we love and we're so used to. It's our way of life. I was scrolling through TikTok and I found the most funny video from an Italian woman who is born and raised in Italy. She came to live in Australia for a little bit and she's documented all the things that Ozzies do that she believes would send Italian people into a deep, deep coma her words.
Speaker 2: Because they'd be so offended.
Speaker 3: Culturally shocked.
Speaker 4: What's an example, what would we do that would possibly put the belief?
Speaker 3: So I've got the list.
Speaker 1: So these these are the aussieisms that would ruin an Italian like the fact that all Ossies wake up early.
Speaker 2: Look not all, but we do like like a you know, an early work walk, especially you on your.
Speaker 1: Hot girl, hot girl walk. I love waking up early, she says. Ozzies wake up so early. She said that when she walks home from her job, which ends at five am. She sees people running in groups. She said, do it in the evening like normal people.
Speaker 4: For God's Yeah, we're early rises. We have such a fit culture. That's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have beautiful beaches and we.
Speaker 2: Get watching a sun rise. I mean, except for sleeping.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do in the morning in Italy? Wake up and have an aaron chini ball and go find a goat.
Speaker 4: Most places aren't even open in the mornings in Italy. You can't just go up, you know how. We in Australia get up really early and go get a coffee. A lot of places aren't open yet they have because they have a sleep in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they open it like midday. Ye when the day starts.
Speaker 3: White people don't get up arriving at midday. What about this?
Speaker 1: Everyone vapes, she says. Everyone in Australia is on the vapes and it is so unattractive. So much so she smoked cigarettes, which is very Italian, but now she's transitioned into vaping and she hates Australia for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think vaping is disgusting as well. Like Smoking's discussed, vapings disgusting. The reason why people vape here is because cigarettes are so expensive because of all the taxes. And then I think that people think that vaping is a healthy substitute, but it's just equally so.
Speaker 4: She's a smoker, So why is vaping gross when you smoke?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think, don't. I mean, she probably can't afford to continue smoking, like no one else in Australia, and so she had to make the transition too.
Speaker 1: Also, there's something just like magical about the picture of like smoking in Italy, but having a vape in Italy just doesn't hit the s.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't like sitting over your pastor in Rome next to Colisseum and having a vase where they put.
Speaker 4: Up in their little scooter and they have a sexy Italian man gets off with his like vape.
Speaker 3: No, people don't wear shoes.
Speaker 1: She's disgusted at the fact that Ozzie's raw dog our little hot dogs like Laura Ba.
Speaker 2: I'm not even wearing shoes, Udio, Hey, wearing shoes.
Speaker 3: There doing a radio show barefoot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I always wear shoes out. I don't like people that walk around the shops.
Speaker 3: And go to shopping centers and things like that. But no shoes grow.
Speaker 2: It's very brazen to walk into a wall with no shoes on, like going in your pajamas. I think that that's another level of being Australia, all letting go of your life.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: She goes on that OSI's too nice and polite. The one thing that I think we do really well is nicknames that I don't think like Italy does. Like I think we give everyone like Maca and Mitchell, Mitchell and laws.
Speaker 2: We breathe everything as well, like Ambo, servo, very Australia.
Speaker 4: I will have conversations with my partner Ben, He's from Switzerland, and we shorten it. I'm just you know, I'm going to go down to the Servo, you know, everything short. He's like, what, hang on, I don't I actually understand what you're doing today.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I've gone to Servo the Sarvo. I don't that you.
Speaker 2: Guys have such a blossoming relationship even though the two of you don't understand each other at all.
Speaker 4: Well have you seen have you looked at him?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I need to tell you what happened to me yesterday.
Speaker 3: Guys. It's a fertility update.
Speaker 4: I went into the clinic and I left in tears. I'm going to tell you why it's It's actually not why you.
Speaker 3: Think, oh yeah, good news.
Speaker 2: It's just sat like happy tears, sat tears.
Speaker 4: Anger tears, use tears, emotional, and there's a lot of tears.
Speaker 3: I'm full of hole mines.
Speaker 2: Guys, you don't even know what you're crying anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I crying. Alright, we'll get to it next on the pick up.