Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Dead?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Pats, Good morning, coome on in Rio, Good morning, Good morning Alex, Good morning. All right, So on a Tuesday, we ask you how was your Monday? How's your doing yesterday? And what you're saying? You're a Monday winner or loser? Text me let me know how is your day yesterday? Oh four seven five three one oh four three?
Speaker 1: Patsy, which way are you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I'm a bit both ways because I think I'm a winner because ords goes finally back to school.
Speaker 5: For term four?
Speaker 7: Can you believe today?
Speaker 6: So there was the mad rush yesterday, which kind of makes me also a loser because as soon as I got home it was my money to do all this stuff.
Speaker 7: It's like, why could you not? I asked you at the weekend if you needed to do you know before.
Speaker 2: The uniform needs to be clean and so you got this form I'm supposed to tell you about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then the other thing, the school email and Pats.
Speaker 2: Stories I've spoken about that grown inside boy you've only been working in pats Is six weeks, seven half years nods into it, she's still talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every story is like a phillybuster.
Speaker 6: Got an email from the school yesterday like you just can't draw a breath. So we've got to pre purchase already her texts for next year, for year nine because the books start reading them before Christmas.
Speaker 7: So she's doing English and English Lit.
Speaker 6: She's doubling up and we've got to go online and get the texts.
Speaker 7: And she's like, I've still just got my head around you eight And.
Speaker 1: I said, no lot money for families, isn't it getting those books?
Speaker 7: So much money?
Speaker 6: And we've just walked out for uniforms because you know, she's shot up about a foot, so nothing.
Speaker 2: And does your school to the thing where you can sell the school.
Speaker 1: We've got schools to that.
Speaker 7: That's a bit like Facebook market place though getting no.
Speaker 8: I used to have to wear the second there was a uniform shop and there was the second uniform.
Speaker 1: Second.
Speaker 2: Only one at my school in seconds. Awful, just to shame my family. My mom and dad worked really hard, but it was seconds and kids just know, Yeah, there's a whiff about my brothers shirts from like the fifties.
Speaker 1: Colored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like the collars haven't been in for about three decades.
Speaker 1: The old name written in Marcus. Yes, it's your name, isn't Mark Ansony.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of It's a lot of outlay, and then the whole book is still come in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: You know, it's I don't know where the he is gone.
Speaker 1: I know I get the more firm eBay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I buy a lot of second hand books now and that because you know, I read like I'm I'm starting to get some off eBay.
Speaker 6: No, but the schools get very fussy. It has to be the latest dish. I can't even sell last year's Year seven maths textbook because it's already.
Speaker 1: Bring it on tomorrow, bringing tomorrow. There be someone my dad that.
Speaker 6: Needs that advertised, like you know, put it up on the They call it sustainable school shop.
Speaker 7: It's brilliant and all.
Speaker 1: The schools can it's a great idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there's textbooks, there's uniforms, all sorts of stuff. Can't sell it for level money, can't give it away because the schools say, no, you've got to have the latest editions.
Speaker 2: Which is so much the cost of little pressure on us because the books cost so much money.
Speaker 7: Yes, well this is like a ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: Don't even want to read the bloody thing. After they've so called reddit, which they haven't. They skimmed through it or whatever. You're left with this great, big, dusty old Joe.
Speaker 1: Page turn.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read over Christmas in summer. Double thumbs up. You know, maths advance.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 6: This now I put looks unused because I'm not sure she has.
Speaker 1: I'm in boxed as new condition.
Speaker 4: Well well done, Patsy The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's a Christian O'Connell's show on gold.
Speaker 1: Let me know.
Speaker 2: How is your day yesterday? How's your Monday? Your Monday? Winner or loser? Uh?
Speaker 1: Send me your message?
Speaker 2: Four seventy five three one oh four three Alex Cullen, how was your day yesterday?
Speaker 1: Good one? Thank you? Yeah you.
Speaker 9: We're at the cafe and I love pins. There's something special about pins, and I found one. I saw one on the ground at the cafe and I thought, oh what do I do with this pen?
Speaker 1: Do I keep it? What kind of pan?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 1: Silver? It? Was.
Speaker 9: It was a gold It was a Uni Uni ball eye made by the Mitsubishi company. I'm talking a good pin. Yeah, it's it's like it's waterproof, fade proof.
Speaker 2: I am also a mega pen note as you know, they are about at least four or five pens on me right now now there are I've got different colored ones. I U in so many items of clothing with leaking pens. They go in the wash. I'm obsessed with pens.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, what two interesting fellows.
Speaker 1: Let's getting into it pen talk such.
Speaker 9: You know what, I got pens engraved for my best man and my lovely party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for my wedding, and you know, I had the date of the wedding.
Speaker 9: And and I have an accountant whose dad collects pens, so he has got the shrine of pens in the office in Sydney.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: We've got to We've got to do a phone into there about what do you collect? Yes, you know we've heard about people that collect stamps and memorabilia and things like that, but what else do people collect?
Speaker 1: I've never known. There's probably a name for someone who collects pens. There probably is, And none of the.
Speaker 2: So called producers looking to find out that information.
Speaker 8: Then like, looking around, I think we've done enough on pins.
Speaker 2: I guarantee there's people listening right now and they've only just touched the iceberg.
Speaker 9: So I've kept this pin. And I was like, do I give it back to the cafe? Does it belong to someone at the cafe? Did someone drop it? Should I leave it here for them?
Speaker 1: But I do the thing first of all, where you look around someone's pen? I did. I did, and there there was no one else around.
Speaker 9: There was a couple sort of sitting over near the counter at the cafe, but no one in the near vicinity.
Speaker 1: So I thought, hang on, I'm a winter for this. So have you got the pen? I do have the pin. I took a photo of it. I didn't bring it in today, but I've got a photo of it. And it's like it's a really good one. Bonnie was using it yesterday and I got quite paved about it. See that's funny. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: You got to hang on sheer good pens, because yeah, otherwise my family will still the good ones, yes.
Speaker 9: Or I'll lose it. I've lost so many great pens over the years. I wonder where they are but.
Speaker 2: I've even got a pen and a notepad that's waterproofs that I have in the shower. James Bond Radio is James Bond. I have ideas in the shower. Wait three or four minutes, I'll lose it. I'll write it up there. It sticks on the wall, and the paper.
Speaker 1: Sticks on the walls.
Speaker 8: Naked naked idea.
Speaker 1: Ya there we go. Oh God.
Speaker 9: And we don't use them much anymore. We don't use them as much as we used to. That's why I love them so much. And you can write stuff down. You can write letters. Letters are very special to people.
Speaker 5: We know what you can use pens for. I know we're typing all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm interested. Tell me this. What's your favorite go to pen?
Speaker 1: Fountain? Definitely a fountain.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, is that the one where you dip it?
Speaker 1: No, that's the old that's the old ancient way.
Speaker 2: Now you get these, you can get these very affordable lammie pens. I've got a couple of Fountain Lambi pins you get for like twenty or thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: They're great, they're so good. But I always feel.
Speaker 2: That you need to be writing something significant when you use one of those fountain pens because it looks really fancy and then suddenly start writing. You're actually going to write that's significant.
Speaker 1: And it feels great to write with it.
Speaker 2: It's it's so smoothlows.
Speaker 5: Alex's going on.
Speaker 2: Can I just give you a recommendation? You'll never go back. I started using a new pen. By the way, it's a what is this one? It's a Pilot one mil unible. This super Yeah, it's super common, but so good. You go on like Amazon. It's got like five thousand and five star.
Speaker 1: Reviews, rave about great pen. I cannot recommend it enough, Alex.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I think a pen collector is called a pennefil one hundred percent is not called that. It's a styler feel, I think from the French word stylers for pen producer Kaitlyn. Could you pop into studio just a second. Thank you, Thanks mate. How's it go? Could you take this into Alex cunning Alex, I found a spare pen, the one that I use, the pen.
Speaker 1: Tew liquid, jellink one meal.
Speaker 2: I've actually had messages people know what is the pen you're using at the moment? That is my every day You just see what happens those news stories today. I think we're going to get a little bit more thumb and pop in the stories because of that pen there inches GUIDs.
Speaker 1: You even got a grip on it, Yeah it has, it's got a lovely soft grip action. But you're the.
Speaker 5: Worst handwriting of anyone.
Speaker 2: But I've ever met who needs to see my handwriting? Me twenty is radio handwriting works for me. People always judge other people's handwriting. People like you that've got like a pen license. I suddenly think it's the mark of.
Speaker 1: Someone how they write. Have you written any books?
Speaker 5: I haven't written.
Speaker 1: Anybody piped down my friends. Your handwriting doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: My handwrite.
Speaker 8: I still have the handwriting of like a year three kid. Like people think that the.
Speaker 5: Child has written.
Speaker 2: Now you would be able to pat writing Patsy yours is very very prim and proper.
Speaker 6: It is right beautiful being told I've school teacher writing.
Speaker 2: Do you know what you can actually change money? On air tasker? Writing cards and letters to people? Because most people writing out letters and cards is hard work. You make, you make spelling mistakes. You've got to start again. I now buy two birthday cards sometimes because I'm not I'm going to screw up this first one.
Speaker 1: You get like nine way through it, They're like, I can't know too correct, I haven't spaced this out. No, yeah, and then the handwrit needs to get smaller.
Speaker 2: But actually with your thing, i'd hire you, Patsy, Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Birthday card five hundred. If you tell me makes rates five hundred.
Speaker 7: Tell me what you want written it. But if I have to come up with it, I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what I need at the moment is an apology card to my wife. I am such a Monday loser. So is my wife. So is our house, so is our family, so is our front room. I did a thing yesterday would good intentions, but sometimes in life there is a big difference.
Speaker 1: Between intention and impact. That's my story of yesterday.
Speaker 2: My wife has had been mumbling over the weekend about God damn it, Chris, this rug rug? Does it look filthy to you? And it was like a gray rug, so I can't really see it. But I sometimes think that a man's eyes men's eyes DNA wise, I think don't see in exact great detail that women's eyes do. Agree the amount of time I go, I can't find something in the fridge, and I go, where the hell is the mayonnaise? And it's just in front of me to slightly the left.
Speaker 5: Have you had a boy?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 1: I just didn't. I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: You know, amazing those ork eyes you've got, so I couldn't notice that this gray rug is apparently looking a bit lack lust year. So I came home, you said, I thought, you know what, I'm going to surprise my wife. I'm going to clean this bloody rug. You know when you start something up. Why did I even bother with this? First of all, this rug is about four meters by four meters, there's a perfect square. I have to move the couch right, the L shaped couch off it by myself, right, That's hard work. Then I have to drag it outside to the deck.
Speaker 1: Era.
Speaker 2: I thought I'll clean it somehow, So again you try. It's had very heavy chain milk.
Speaker 1: Ye, It's like, I'm not how how? How? How do you actually moved?
Speaker 5: So they're not meant to be moved.
Speaker 2: So it took at least forty five minutes to get it ounce the back deck. And then think, I'll draper over the table we've got out there so I can beat it with a brewing clean it. Okay, so even that's like I could work out. I didn't bother go into the gym.
Speaker 1: I was like the court.
Speaker 2: The muscle's being burnt here. Joe Rogan needs to get rugs in his gym. So I get it all on. I get a broom, start whacking it again. Dust is coming off, and I thought, do you know what She's right? This is a dirty ass rug I know I do. I'll get the garden hose out, put some put since to me it's ruined it. It's world pats and again my eyes. I didn't see it as wood. Do you know what fabric? I saw it as ruggy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Actually I would have no idea what fabric any right?
Speaker 1: I killed ruggy?
Speaker 5: Wait? So what has it?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I put morning Fresh like all over it, you know, like just wash a liquid all over it, right, and then starting to get the hose out straight away it's like bubbling up and I'm like, oh, oh my god, I'm looking at my watch going she's backing back to it. Oh god, it's like going all over the wooden deck, soapy tael tale SuDS. This thing just doesn't look right. Immediately I can hear the rug almost.
Speaker 1: Going a rug killer, rug killer? Ruggie is dead.
Speaker 8: And so what what are you going to do with a massive four by four meter rug?
Speaker 1: Now, well, do you know his problem?
Speaker 2: That is mine? My life, says, we can't. This is never going to be the same again.
Speaker 1: You need to deal with.
Speaker 5: This, and you can't sell it. No one's gonna buy. It's gonna buy that.
Speaker 1: I could put a marketplace.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't even get that away for free.
Speaker 2: No, once it's tried out, the thing is even the smoking right. I let the dog out right half four That rug is still soaking wet. Yes, I don't think it's going to be dry in twenty twenty five. This is a problem for next year. I'm gonna try and sell it a marketplace. Slightly disheveled, real clean, ugly ass rug.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, speaking.
Speaker 2: Of someone here in the office yesterday, and I was looking at how refreshingly slim their email inbox was, and I said, bloody hell, mine only looked like that the day I got email twenty odd years ago.
Speaker 1: And I said, how many emails you go? As you go? I keep my inbox every day to sub ten.
Speaker 5: What, No, that's not possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, said he really really likes to stay on top of his inbox. And then I just looked at mine. My work inbox is fifty eight thousand, eight hundred and thirteen. Wait, you get a load of my home private email one hundred and twenty seven thousand, three hundred and seventeen.
Speaker 7: Who is it still going?
Speaker 2: It's going strong, Pats, always incoming stuff every day. I now going to issue a challenge this week because anyone got a bigger inbox than mine? So home it's one hundred and twenty seven thousand, three, one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 1: That's just right now. You don't.
Speaker 2: By the end of the day, there's going to be more. The one fifty eighty eight hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 5: That's chaos.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 8: I've got seven hundred for my home one and seven thousand for my work one point surprise, partly, what's yours?
Speaker 6: My work is nine thousand, seven hundred and twelve and my Gmail is two one.
Speaker 7: Five three two.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a lot too for it for personal Alex L. Shaws, I'm just looking. I stay right on top of mine.
Speaker 9: I go through them, and I'll go deleting them at random at will, like, I just really hate having too many. So I've only got about two hundred and ten in my seven to one. I've been there what three weeks nown seven? I think I've got about three hundred in there, and I'm just trying to find my pay.
Speaker 1: Does that mainly like spam once from a lot of the presenters.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm coming swimming this weekend, anyone and come with me.
Speaker 1: I'll have all I'll have a lat Thanks. Who's just falling in my parking spots to hitch?
Speaker 9: I've got to get rid of my name on so many of the lists because I get everything seven.
Speaker 2: You should have to like send a thing asking for your permission to be included on another round email? Yes, because a lot of them. Actually you look at them and you this isn't relevant to me.
Speaker 5: No, not in any way.
Speaker 2: I'm not needed on this. So it's been called into a meeting that you're not needed for.
Speaker 8: And you can't get it out, especially if it's a reply all chain, and then everyone's there's no escape.
Speaker 5: How do you opt out?
Speaker 2: The worst email is the one where they go sorry this time with attachment. I always just want to kick that one. Just check the damn thing before you send it to me. All right, let's play the week's what see you in?
Speaker 1: My friend?
Speaker 5: Do you know what they released? Free Willie? Was it eighty nine or nine three? Or when? Did I don't record?
Speaker 2: Life?
Speaker 5: Four brands? I'm not very good with taste. Does anybody they know? What's the year?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: The year? My friend? TV shows songs, albums, movies?
Speaker 2: The teen tron work out? What was the year it was released? I saw yesterday. You must have loved the Gilmore Girls, Pats my wife and my daughters.
Speaker 1: That was their show.
Speaker 2: They watched the old ones and then they brought it back and it's given them. It's like there, it's like their thing. Are real bonding from the Gilmore Girls? Twenty five years old? Patsy, I know a couple yesterday I was twenty five years old.
Speaker 7: I'm real.
Speaker 1: What a great show Gilmore.
Speaker 7: Girls and launched the career of Funny Lady.
Speaker 1: Funny Lady. Oh wow, she was a.
Speaker 7: Chef on the show. I can't think of anything.
Speaker 1: Chefs. We all know her. Check your inbox.
Speaker 7: Why it's escaped me?
Speaker 1: I never watched it, so glad you. It really really adds to the piece a little bit of color.
Speaker 7: They would call that right now anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. Yeah, she's got dark hair. Move on, Move on, Team Bridesmaids, What's what's the name of the anchester? Patsy's completely Melissa McKay.
Speaker 2: She's so funny. Everyone funny lady.
Speaker 7: That's awful.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: Oceans eleven a year Love Oceans eleven oh, two thousand and nine, it was.
Speaker 1: Wild Wild Wild two thousand oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say two thousand and two, two thousand and one, great movies.
Speaker 5: I watched them pretty much every year.
Speaker 2: They age really well. My kids haven't seen as. We watched one over over Christmas and they've never seen them. And then, first of all, right, my kids, I think all kids teenagers like this when they were and I was like, oh my god, it's an old movie.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, it's not old, just two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: To them, they're like, we weren't even born there, and you think about, actually, the world was really different just in two thousand and one. It was pre that everything that drives our lives now. So they were like, oh my god, it's an old fashioned one.
Speaker 1: That means it's gonna be so slow. But they loved it.
Speaker 8: And then I reckon movies back then they actually look better than they did now.
Speaker 5: They spend more money.
Speaker 2: On because it's Vegas and it's the old Charmi casinos and also reminds me of a golden time of Hollywood. You know, we're talking out the passing of Robert Redford and the movies he did with with with Paul Newman as well, that high wattage lineup of Clooney and Pit and obviously got great cameos from Matt Damon as well.
Speaker 1: It's so heavyweight stars.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, although the sequels probably quite off. They're having a good time.
Speaker 2: I mean Eddie is are turned up, yes, and I love Eddie right, it's a phenomenal stand up. We were like not needed anyway. Two thousand and one for the Great Ocean's eleven. What about Pink?
Speaker 1: She is huge in Australia, just like a pill about this? How can you we've been playing in the next hour or two?
Speaker 5: Two thousand and two, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, scores she.
Speaker 5: Did like eighteen shows or twenty shows in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Flavor and all up in that trapiece spinning around, that's spinning around non stop. You must get real travel sick song will take something came in his warehouse beforehand.
Speaker 1: Beverly Hills nine oh two one oh, what a show, just even'n.
Speaker 2: Hearing this iconic guitar reminds me of the decade Patsy, What do You reckon?
Speaker 1: Eight oh way Off?
Speaker 11: Nineteen ninety four wrong eighty nine oh one year Out Rio nineteen ninety original Beverly Hills nine oh two one oh originally was going to be called the Class of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: So many stars, the funny.
Speaker 2: Girls in it, the guy with the glasses, and the little blinky eyed man, so many star lord, Oh my words, we all know them. What about this great song, classic song? Pretty job piano man?
Speaker 1: What was the year seventy?
Speaker 5: Surely right, seventy five?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say eighty one, pass.
Speaker 1: Your way off? Come on? No, no right answers so.
Speaker 2: Far I say seventy seven, nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 5: That, yeah, it sounds so much more. Do I still hold its value?
Speaker 1: Like evergreen? Timeless? About that?
Speaker 2: So this is such a great song, all right? And then finally, wow, wee. I mean, there's movie making, and then there's movie making, and then at the top of that mountain is fast and Furious.
Speaker 5: One truly one of the great funks.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you now. The first five are genuinely well made action movies.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it's hard to make five great movies.
Speaker 2: It's five to one where they're towing the safe of the city.
Speaker 1: Wild incredible. I screened in the cinema with my mates.
Speaker 5: That cinema.
Speaker 1: That's take a look at that, Nolan, Can you do something like that? How did they do that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Started five?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen no, No, the first five are really good, Alex, Oh my god. You know when they eat got even better when they went. There's something in the way of this franchise. It's the dumb word. And they simply then became overnight fast furious.
Speaker 1: That's how fast they are.
Speaker 2: They haven't got time for a gear change with the fast and.
Speaker 1: That's my that is art.
Speaker 12: I love my life a quarter a mile at a time.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean that's like Earle. He's talking about being in the present time.
Speaker 2: A quarter of a mile at the time, not three miles around the corner, but here right now.
Speaker 1: And he looks like a little butder as well. Vis we think about with that neck fat.
Speaker 12: I love my life a quarter a mile at a time.
Speaker 2: Now that's an acts as well. Someone who's heavily nasal. Heavily nasal, sounds like he needs to sleep on those machines that Jack used to speak with.
Speaker 1: He sounds like he has too much dairy does shakes. Yeah, he is shakes.
Speaker 2: I'll be doing a Broadway play, yeah, Glen Garry, Glenn Ross with Vin Diesel.
Speaker 12: I live my life for a quarter a mile a time.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what's her study had?
Speaker 8: What we've been talking about, it's probably the most two thousands franchise.
Speaker 5: I reckon two thousand would be my guess.
Speaker 6: I can remember they had Fast and the Furious at the Universal Studios and we went in about I'm gonna say two thousand and six, so maybe just stop you.
Speaker 1: There two thousand and three, two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: But you're right, it's so it is. It whiffs like Links Africa of two thousands.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show Gone podcast.
Speaker 7: To make you I didn't get me started today?
Speaker 1: He needs to make you go three? What is it for you? Things that make you go girl?
Speaker 8: For me, I hate any time I go to a clothing store and you have to use the change rooms. I hate every single step of that process.
Speaker 2: So mentally and physically training is it actually is the amount of times I've tried to shirt on on the shop floor and they go, we've got changing rooms there and no, not not a skin shirt, I mean over a T shirt. I'd rather do that than have to go in those dreadful misery books. They just all the lighting in there.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the mirrors in there.
Speaker 8: I don't know what they use in there, but they use the most unflattering mirrors. Every time I take my I'll get some AI.
Speaker 1: Ones in there.
Speaker 2: You know that kind of physically alter us. Also tune our bodies.
Speaker 5: You're like the ones in the gee.
Speaker 1: You know, you sell more.
Speaker 2: If they made our soggy looking backsides look better in the clothes exactly.
Speaker 1: Fake mirrors, that's what we need, deep fake, deep bake.
Speaker 5: And there's never enough clothing hooks.
Speaker 8: Why do you always just give us one clothing one or two fible six idems?
Speaker 2: And then when do you put your your stuff? Chucky?
Speaker 7: Four five or six items isn't.
Speaker 1: Like do it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I think, what is it there? Like eight or nine?
Speaker 5: What's going back and forth and back?
Speaker 8: And you have to keep finding that grumpy teenager he's got the key that can let you in.
Speaker 2: Yes, they give you that stupid, great, big, overlong thing that says seven or eight it.
Speaker 1: Why do you come stealing uniglow socks?
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly so that drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the worst thing to try on? It's not the T shirt or a shirt.
Speaker 8: It's jeans any time you have to because you then you have to take your shoes off, the shoes coming off. Yes, it's the worst. That's actually I've started it. If I know I'm going clothes shopping.
Speaker 1: Appropriate footwork or something like that, you.
Speaker 8: Can just easily slide them on on off shoelaces ten times a day's killing.
Speaker 2: Yes they should. You should swap shoes when you go into store. So just give you some slides or just some slippers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's Japanese slippers getting.
Speaker 1: Hot bowling and you exchange shoes. This is what retail out should do.
Speaker 2: My David Jones, you can have these ideas for free, all right there, and things that make you girl what it grinds your gears. You can text me now oh four seventy five three one oh four to three.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I issue a Challenger this morning, anyone else Scott a more bloated inbox than mine?
Speaker 1: Work email.
Speaker 2: Fifty eight thousand, eight hundred and thirteen Home email one hundred and twenty seven thousand, three hundred and seventy And I've been beaten already by Erica. Just had an email from Erica.
Speaker 1: Good reply.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to bump up your numbers by one already, And thank you Erica for already bumping up my numbers. Erica is one hundred and ninety nine thousand and twenty. Wow, just shire the magic number, and I can't wait to get there one day double time. I think you get a letter from the king when you got an inbox of two hundred thousand Christian, I think it's called email hoarding. I'm proud of it. You never know wh what unread emails you might need to find. One day you'll can you just read them?
Speaker 12: Just no?
Speaker 1: No, you store that away for a rainy day to print all your emails off from read than one day to make you.
Speaker 7: Even get this started today.
Speaker 1: To make you all right, things to making go?
Speaker 8: Girl?
Speaker 1: You can message me now, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: Seventy five three one oh four three Patsy, what's it for you this week?
Speaker 6: I find that when I am driving back out west along the Westgate, one of Melbourne's major arterials, they have.
Speaker 1: These Oh is that what that is? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you very much radio for the intelligence. Oh yeah, we got all those listeners that we need to every break. Now explain stuff.
Speaker 1: You know. You know we're going national next year, Yes.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 6: Apparently there's these colored perspects but that they've put up there like on sound barrier, to make it look.
Speaker 7: A bit prettier than just a cement wall.
Speaker 6: Right, But when the sun hits it at a certain angle, usually on the afternoon peak, it is absolutely blinded, absolutely blinding. And I don't know if the wonderful engineers who designed it possibly maybe full that that could have been even potentially a risk of happening.
Speaker 7: But it just you're white lines. You can't see.
Speaker 2: To Caitlin', you're getting a lot of sort of sign language at the moment.
Speaker 1: Are you agreeing or are we in distress?
Speaker 13: This is the best thing that makes you go grow because I experienced it every single day and I had the exact same sort.
Speaker 1: Have you used this.
Speaker 2: It's called a pane it's called that I have been saying it right the west Gate and it's an arterial that takes you guess what guys out west because listens in Bella horizon k or Pornio won't understand west.
Speaker 1: And it is what is it some sort of giant reflection.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So there's these big panels that shoot off in like a you know, I don't know, forty five degree angle. But when the sun hits them of the afternoon, it then reflects into your eyes and it's like you know, you know when you go past a fence and the like right, it's exact same, and it's so difficult.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is to try and sprits the pace up?
Speaker 13: It is it's trying to make what's.
Speaker 1: Wrong with nice garden?
Speaker 2: Trenis some ivy or some vines? Yes, something, make an aerial winery over the west cake. You know, there's lights, leady fingumes going into the grapes.
Speaker 9: There's these other things called sunglasses too that you can wear.
Speaker 2: It's something could dip down from the roof of your car. Yeah, advisor, And if you're listening around the world, that's something that blocks out the sun into your eyes, doesn't work.
Speaker 7: Does it, Caitlin?
Speaker 13: Like nothing, nothing beats it. It's horrific and it goes for about thirty seconds.
Speaker 7: It like penetrates your brain.
Speaker 2: All those hillbillies that need to go out that way, they've only got a couple of cells in there, so please easy, stop penetrating the mines of the waste gatiums.
Speaker 6: I don't know why out out east that sort of corridor you always have the prettiest walls and the most logic for.
Speaker 2: Some real beautiful I always think it's like driving into Paris and driving straight to the louver.
Speaker 1: The money. Look at the culture.
Speaker 6: It's like these have come from some city that didn't want them. I'll give them to Melbourne's where they won't complain.
Speaker 8: You know at night, those new SUV's, I think it's a lot of Holden and Masdas whatever they normally only want for like fog.
Speaker 1: But you're right, they use them throughout the days. Really dangerous.
Speaker 8: And if you're at like a normal car Heart and they're in an suv, it's exactly it's.
Speaker 1: Bad, Max.
Speaker 2: You're being mowed down. Yeah, it's really bad. Something the dentist, Yes, Alex, what's it for you?
Speaker 14: So apparently there's this season that's called spring. It comes side spring in Melbourne. It isn't great at the moment. It's normally beautiful. And I was complaining about it to someone.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, there's no spring in Melbourne. What do you mean spring in Melbourne?
Speaker 5: It's a tease what it is.
Speaker 8: At the start of September, it's always, oh my god, summer's here. It's twenty three, it's twenty two. And every year with that failure goes and no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, it's at the moment. Later on last night it was freezing cold.
Speaker 5: Like five.
Speaker 2: My wife said, it's Almo's my job to get up and put the heater on. Suddenly I can see my wife sort of rubbing herself like we're in a cave. And I was like, here we go with the drama. I was like, you want me to put the heating on, losing circulation.
Speaker 1: You're right, you had to put the heating on yesterday. It's been October. All clocks have changed changed.
Speaker 2: Come on, Malbourn's spring, give us some springy weather.
Speaker 5: It will come.
Speaker 1: It will come. Where's the pollination and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: We're getting the pollination, but we're not getting the nice spring weather. Yet all right, text me four seventy five three one O four three Things that make you go gur.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The West Gate. It's an arterial road that is the main transport road that goes west. In case you missed it earlier, it's for those listeners around the work the world Rio route. Hello, I mean now every show. Now I'm gonna good morning World, Good morning World.
Speaker 1: Is Christian O'Connell show, good.
Speaker 8: Morning Globe by the world, I mean Planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right.
Speaker 2: Things that make a good girl for Patrick, people who sit at ninety k then speed up into the overtaking lane, then slow the way down to seventy Why why?
Speaker 1: Why? Why? Why?
Speaker 2: Christian things are made me go girl? Well, my wife is making dinner. She needs rubbish all over the bench, the plastic top off, the cheese packet, the lid from a tin, the off cuts, some slicing.
Speaker 1: I mean, the ben is two steps away. Chris, You're lucky she's making you.
Speaker 2: When if the person makes you dinner, then the other person you clear up all their mess.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's a fair system.
Speaker 5: Yes, you get all rights to do whatever you want to. That cashion it can be a mess.
Speaker 2: Yes, what it is when I cook it is destroyed. It's like Dexter's that murder scene in there. Christian things made me good girl is when they ask mostly with card saying you weren't home, but I was home and you have to go and pick up your parcel. Christian in fact that no one and I mean no one at my work can change toilet loo roll.
Speaker 8: That is such a good point. How do you it's always on top?
Speaker 1: Where are they kept here?
Speaker 8: They are kept in the where all the books and stuff are, but they need to be in the toilet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that's crazy because what you need to have a couple I was reloaded.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And this is a life hack hit. Never use a public toilet without checking.
Speaker 2: And there's a read away away and you learn the hard way before you sit down. If you are sitting down, check that there's enough ammo in the pipe.
Speaker 1: Always always didn't. Yes you have I just went.
Speaker 9: I just went into toilet before and the light wasn't on, and I thought, oh, the light would come on automatically.
Speaker 2: But no, this is the shoddiest radio station that you're watching. There's the door toket in and out of work right now. That's gaffer taped open like white, just white white open.
Speaker 5: We're so honorable.
Speaker 2: And one of the engineers, Bacon, goes to me yesterday him, did you slam the doors?
Speaker 1: What is he doing the show?
Speaker 2: Why would I be forcibly closing the door to what tramp me and the team in.
Speaker 1: I went, I've got better things to do than play around with the doors because stuck it, am and he went on.
Speaker 2: Anyway, off gaffer take to open now and that's not fixing it.
Speaker 1: It looks terrible.
Speaker 2: We can have Phil Night coming in to invest money into the station show and he's a gaffer tape open door Alex.
Speaker 8: Also, you have to be careful with the toilet light because sometimes if you're in there doing your business, someone on the team who will remain nameless will come in and I know.
Speaker 2: Who you're talking about. It's really it's actually chardish, but great fun.
Speaker 1: The number one. We don't need the detail toilet.
Speaker 7: How do you know where you're aiming?
Speaker 1: Well luckily, oh no, no, I had enough.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on back to the west Gate this morning there was no loo roll in the toilet at Home Run, so you have to go and do that wardle and there was no no toilet rong. I actually use kitchen towel. Kitchen towel is abrasive. It's abrasive because it's meant to like pick stuff up.
Speaker 1: It's got like borballs or something.
Speaker 5: He's got those little bumps on it.
Speaker 1: Bumps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rip, very grippy and abrasive on my backside. Quite rough way to start the day. It's like I was trying to exfoliate.
Speaker 4: Naas Christian O'Connell show on podcast Christian Things.
Speaker 2: It made me go good when I switched radio stations twice a year to a certain Melbourne rock station to listen to their top five hundred countdown that is apparently voted by listeners every time, yet for three years running, the top fifteen has been in exactly the same order. Then they block my calls when I ring in to a call them out be explain to them the greatest song, which is normally in excess, Never Tear Us Apart, isn't even a top ten song. But I also point out how A Stairway to Heaven has never been a top three all time song and keeps coming in at seventeen behind the the vinyls at sixteen, and it is sacrilegious anywhere in the known universe.
Speaker 1: Grease Joel, what great?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: I love the phrase anywhere in the known universe. It's so epic. Job. That's great, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, this morning, the uber driver bringing me today was a lovely guy called Kevin, and we got starting and talking and he wants to know where I was going.
Speaker 1: What did I do for a living? What's my job?
Speaker 2: So I started talking to about what we do, and he said, oh my god, how do you know what to talk about? Do you have a run out of things to talk about? I said no, not really, because in any life, so much happens to people. My job is to simply pay attention, right and collect stories mine and other people's. So I said, so, yesterday some people got stuck at the radio station. So we're talking about where did you get stuck? And we had that amazing call from a lady who got stuck in the bath. I had to get a sister a hand and rus see I can remember this word for word. It will stay with me and my brain is all the better for that. So I said, so excited, So what do you do? He goes, well, I used to work in property insurance and now work in marine insurance. I said, you must have watched you do with claims. It was like, yeah, you must have had some crazy calls. What just happens in people's homes that they have to call you and claim for And he goes, oh, yeah, Actually, there was a couple of years ago this lady was having a shower and there must have been a leak going on for quite a while. The shower basin just gave way. And it was a two story building. She went from the first floor to the ground floor into her own kitchen. The shower gave way, and I went what, I went, excuse you, I'm got to get my phone out. I just typed in it gave way, and he goes, yeah. Then there was the old lady on the toilet, And what about the old lady on the toilet?
Speaker 1: Some seven year old lady was.
Speaker 2: On the toilet on the first flaw again and the toilet just gave way. Her sitting on it crushes to the law but she was not injured, and miracles. But she was calling to explain why she needs to make an insurance.
Speaker 5: You think it's a prank caller?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a lady flying through the air. Okay, okay, ease up on the meds. So I want I don't know if we're going to get any more stories or we've heard the stories we're ever going to get for it. Gave way. But if anyone's got a story that involves something giving way, I want to hear about this morning the.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's just had some really exciting news on the producers. They said, listen, we've got a couple of stories lined up. A couple of callers with it. Gave way. No one died in them.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: Caitlin, the producer, who can be quite direct with her language, she's spoken I'm not saying that's good about I'm just saying she is, and she just goes they're not killer stories. I didn't know there was a phrase. I just thought it was well understood that we don't want any I think any deaths on the radio. All right, gave way, No d gain stories. B anchor, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? And can I just confirm that you are alive in the story.
Speaker 16: Yes, I am alive in this story.
Speaker 1: Thank you, My whole Mom, good news.
Speaker 16: We had at We had an old school nineties metal bunk bed and I was laying on the bottom double bit with Mum and all of a sudden, the top bunk gave way, came down onto us. Mom caught the bunk bed, so wow, Mom's strength as I was able to get out, and I'm pretty sure Mom just lifted it off to the side. But oh yeah, the old school metal bunk bed for me and my sister those when we were younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, we amazing, like you said, the strength to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, neither of us got hurt luckily, but yeah they're not.
Speaker 16: They weren't light either.
Speaker 2: They're not. No anchor, Thank you very much the story. Thanks guys, have a good morning. Thank you one from one, No one dead. Let's seef we can keep this going. David, Welcome to the show. It gave way.
Speaker 3: It did give way. It was a scaffold on a job when I was a young apprentice, and they don't use those scaffolds anymore.
Speaker 1: Because of the rain.
Speaker 3: It's been raining and we pigged it all up. We're up on the second about the second story, doing the eaves as you do, and the boss was on the one end of the scaffold and I was on the other, and the pigs gave way that were bracing up the scaffold, and we both came sliding down the wall, looking at each other wondering how it was going to land in fresh different feats of arm and leg as we came down and landed on the ground and looked at each other saying we were both still reasonally good, and just started laughing, thinking it was the funniest thing that had happened in courts.
Speaker 1: Up, David, what a great story.
Speaker 2: Only in Australia would you hear someone tell a story about sliding down a building and go We were sliding down at each other the funniest the times.
Speaker 3: Was funny at the time, but we picked up and decided it was time to go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Yeah, you're kind of like you're done for the day with that one.
Speaker 3: You're done for the day.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a moment in your lives. Someone have a cartoon, isn't the road the cartoony?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But my wife says I've got more than nine lives because us up been involved in all sorts of things like.
Speaker 5: More careful day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe time to retire.
Speaker 11: Actually sins common to nominate indoors David, indoors.
Speaker 2: Wrap myself, Yes, exactly for the rest of your years, David, David.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, brilliant story, very well told.
Speaker 3: Thank you, good guys, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: One of you is looking for love and a missed connection.
Speaker 1: This is Lisa.
Speaker 2: She emailed me over the weekend about a dad that she met at the airport in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Both of them were flying back to Melbourne where they live. Red Cap Dad.
Speaker 17: Hey, Christian, I'm Lisa, the girl who's looking for the Red Cap Dad. We met last Wednesday, the first of October at Sydney Airport. I was waiting to board a two tim flight back to Melbourne joke five one nine. Just as I was about to introduce myself and offer him my phone, but I got called over to have my luggage way.
Speaker 1: I wrote out my.
Speaker 17: Details and plan to give them to him at the luggage carousel, but by the time I got there, he had gone. He's probably in his early thirties. He was wearing gray trackies. He had black hair, dark beard, and tattoos on his hands. I haven't been on a dating over eight years, and my friends are always saying the best way to meet someone is organically. That was the perfect chance and I blew it. So if he's listening, or if anyone knows him, could you please contact Christian. I would love to catch up with him for a drink sometime. Can you help me find the red Cap Dad?
Speaker 2: Well, yesterday we shared lis plea and we haven't found him yet yet. But it's day two in the search for Red Cap Dad. I am confident we're going to track this guy down, Red Cap Dad. There are so many people listening right now. If you're a dad in your thirties and you like to wear a red cap, your mates will know your mate who is the red Cap Dad.
Speaker 8: Yes, there'll be enough connections to a Redcap Dad surely that we can find her.
Speaker 1: And Lisa's friends are right.
Speaker 2: There's this hope that organic love, away from the screens and swipey swipey ninety ninety can still exist out there now. Lisa also sent me an email yesterday as well.
Speaker 1: Obviously she's very very.
Speaker 2: Keen activated Yeah, not activated, sound like a love machine, some sort of love bot.
Speaker 1: We can't get.
Speaker 2: Keen to track him down and just get just keen for love well, yeah, we don't want to sound desperate. She's just keen to so hopeful that she can track him down and find out. Hey, I thought there was something. Did you think there was something? I just put in mind at rest?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she sent me an email yesterday evening and the last line said, Christian, I hope you find him. This could be the next great love story. And it reminded me of love Story, one of my favorite songs by Taylor Swift. So let's imagine that this is a Taylor Swift song that actually he really neat on that new Terrible album. This is our version of love story, red cap love story that we pumped into AI. It actually sounds pretty good.
Speaker 11: You red cap dad.
Speaker 18: You're looking kind of read, Lor said Lisa. Don't you Losey's ladder. I was ratting numbers down, not ever game. Now I'm I'm already you begin.
Speaker 19: Superstade, bed cap tave my hand, me me out the bags, hobby waiting, Please unch this move, Lag. You will be the dad and I'll be e Lisa.
Speaker 16: This love story.
Speaker 1: Just call me geezer Taylor.
Speaker 2: There's your next She loves going back over the back catalog.
Speaker 1: You know, Tayda's version. This is red cap tad version. Yes, I hate sorry, but that is a bag. There's a lot to be said for aie.
Speaker 2: And also the last line, it's a love story. Just call me geezer. There's nothing else we could find that rhymes with Lisa. You know, there's anyone else going to think of something better to end it.
Speaker 5: With the geezer pleaser?
Speaker 7: Why don't you pleaser?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit. I'd like to meet you. Oh yeah, let's try that.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, it gave way Last Thursday. It gave way around five am.
Speaker 1: I was to sleep.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden loud, crashing noise. I get up, She's gonna have a look around the house. You're going to garange. Entire whole roof has given way. Couldn't believe my eyes. Once had a hard night. Sorry, horrible way to start the day. Christian.
Speaker 1: What gave way me? I was in year nine.
Speaker 2: I was in year nine and it was almost the end of the day and we decided to start chanting and going feral for no reason.
Speaker 1: As teenagers did, you should just.
Speaker 5: Go crazy and once people start check everywhere.
Speaker 2: So I decided to escalate things and run and jump onto a chair.
Speaker 1: The chair that gave way.
Speaker 2: I fell forward, hitting my knee on the deck and my floor, and my knee starts to swell instantly, and I fractured it. Toble all that before I was taking on the hospital. I had to stay back after school to see my teacher and explain what had happened.
Speaker 1: Get him out.
Speaker 2: Don't need him to do. It's a quick detention. One is bleeding out on the floor. Santo, great story, Thank you very much. All right, yesterday on the show, we were getting your stories of being stuck. Where after three people at this radio station were stuck at this radio station they couldn't leave to go home on a Friday night at half five. The situation is so bad that the door that was stuck for ninety minutes on Friday night, it still isn't working.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: You can make a radio station work, but a door is too tricky.
Speaker 1: So now it's you thing w at eight.
Speaker 2: The door to the radio station is gaffer, take prize to open, because if it accidentally shuts again, we're stuck in here.
Speaker 1: We're in tombs.
Speaker 5: That's the way I want to go gods went that way.
Speaker 1: To the afterlife, and by that I mean three a w okay.
Speaker 2: So yesterday we were talking about where did you get stuck?
Speaker 1: We we had this from Lisa Joe.
Speaker 15: It was my husband Peter. I'd left him home responsibly to look after one.
Speaker 2: Have we actually put this on one point five? I do that to voice notes on my wife? But do you do that anyone else?
Speaker 1: Did? I hope my wife is at this time. Just get on with it.
Speaker 2: Got four minutes of nonsense anyway, Lisa Joe turns one point five.
Speaker 15: It was my husband Peter. I'd left him home responsibly.
Speaker 2: She didn't see this quick yesterday. I'm getting slightly It's like caffeinated callers.
Speaker 15: It was my husband Peter, responsibly to look after one and two year old son. Ski went out the back door and it locked and he was stuck on the outside of it with the one and the two year old sitting on the floor in the kitchen. So he decided to go down the chimney. He went down feet first and then could not move into Big Boy played rugby his six foot across stand up. His feet were dangling over the combustion stove and wiggling in tooes, and the boys thought it was hilarious, even though they were babies. Eventually, the grease from the inside of the chimney allowed him to stride.
Speaker 2: Group even as a baby, even a baby with a barely formed prefrontal cortex and can't walk on TI get still, Nos, that's funny. Dad wedged in a Chimney's Good Year with his feet dankly over the oven.
Speaker 1: Hi comedy, Hi Comedy. Then there's this one from Trash.
Speaker 20: I got stuck in a hotel bar.
Speaker 16: I was having a beautiful bath and I.
Speaker 15: Went to get out and I couldn't move.
Speaker 3: I got suction to the bar and wat sister and I were working ourselves laughing, and She's gone, We're gonna have to call the hotel.
Speaker 20: Staff time and get you one starck.
Speaker 2: Can I go?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 16: She had to get her hands underneath me to.
Speaker 15: Pull the plug, and let's just say we went very very close.
Speaker 2: So those are two great callers and some emails. It came in after the show yesterday. First of all from Adria and Christian. When my girlfriend had first moved into our first place together, it's a rental. The handle to the bedroom door came off and we got stuck in there, all right, Adrian, Yeah, we'll know that. Move Bundy. Okay, couldn't get the land or to ask the phone. Sure, how hard did you try? We ended up having to call the fire brigage. Two lovers stuck in her bedroom. It's a love story. Peter Christian. I once took my girlfriend to Lunar Park for her birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what a treats for any gal. It's a dream.
Speaker 2: It's my wife's birthday next month. I not together, just go to Luna Park.
Speaker 5: Child Bru's seven years old.
Speaker 1: That's appropriate. There's a comedy in that, having a child bride. If we want to keep laughing here like he's got great care of our child.
Speaker 5: Bride going sorry if I offended an.
Speaker 2: We're talking joking about having a seven year old bride. Oh wow, kay, Dave Chappelle, Christian, I wants to legal girlfriend. I'm just going to edit this now to Lunar Pop. But we had a we had a midnight curve view from my daddy.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're right, No, absolutely not, no, naughty bad me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, we have to tell me stuff. This whole breaks got to it now.
Speaker 1: Anyway you get the idea. Where do you get stuck?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Christian, I had a wedding to attend. Stop by a boutique in Victoria Gardens to quickly try and to dress. I asked the sales assistant if I could try on on.
Speaker 1: She said yes. I headed into the change rooms.
Speaker 2: When I came out, the shop was littly shut, the roller door was down, and the assistant nowhere to be seen. I was locked inside the boutique, pani king a little. I called my family, asking them to contact center management. The response, they laughed, said they'd look into it. Meanwhile, I was stuck, so I just kept trying on clothes while I waited.
Speaker 1: What else was I going to do? Quite right, Rennie.
Speaker 2: About twenty five minutes later, the assistant returned, holding a drink and some lunch.
Speaker 1: She was stunned to see me still inside. She'd forgotten. She was so apologetic.
Speaker 2: I bet, wow, that's a great story we got, Andrew, Where did you get stuck?
Speaker 1: In? Andrew, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: How are you? I'm pretty embarrassed to at this one, but I little measured or in Melbourne and I was in the Edward Street and I went to the public toilet that's on the side of the road and I pushed the greden button to open the door. It opened. I went to the toilet presley greden button on the inside and it wouldn't open.
Speaker 2: Oh no, those those those modern kind of space age.
Speaker 10: And I grabbed my boat to bring the place and my better was flat.
Speaker 1: Of course, police are always there for those calls.
Speaker 10: I was yelling for it two hours before somebody heard me. I was it two hours I was in there.
Speaker 1: If you were terrifying, if you walk screaming in.
Speaker 10: I was they actually reading the place.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking they've got really bad bowl problems. That guy needs some of that bloats. Who is screaming whilst having a dumb good God, I'm thinking mercy on his backside.
Speaker 1: Of God, someone's already got the squats.
Speaker 10: Bad Lucky Lucky did the spell?
Speaker 1: No, no good? How do you get out in there? Are you still in there? Now? Are you still in there?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: How did he get out?
Speaker 10: Well? Somebody actually heard me and they rang the place and the police come across from the breaks.
Speaker 1: The police and what's the emergency crime? A theft? A shooting? Is a guy screaming stronger. That's a stuck in the done. We're sending all units.
Speaker 10: There now, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. He ended there like at comedian. Okay, thanks for coming out. Yeah, toilet drop. I loved him.
Speaker 2: Sophia, Yes, Sophia, there's no way your name is spelled s A F I A is there?
Speaker 1: No, that is Come on, everyone knows how to spell it.
Speaker 2: It's Saskia as well.
Speaker 1: Sleep trying to do a radio show every day. All right, so where do you get stuck in?
Speaker 20: We got stuck work Collide and mine in a Maya store. Like the store was completely shuttered and it was closed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, how come did you?
Speaker 1: Were you going in? But just before it closed?
Speaker 20: No, So we worked there in one of the concessions stan like we were concession workers, so we didn't actually work for Maya. Nobody came and checked whether or not we were still there.
Speaker 1: Closed up?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, we went to leave and the entire store was closed, like, we could not get out. There's no way to get out once the store manager has closed the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there has to be right, they've got to close it up for the night. The big shutters come down, So what did you do?
Speaker 20: So we started making a plan. Maybe we'd go upstairs and sleep on the beds, or.
Speaker 1: We got great store. We got out there and smoothie.
Speaker 20: We already had a plan in case no one would come back. We ended up calling center management and then they called the store manager, and then the store manager had to come back and let us out.
Speaker 8: Well, you're right, probably a dream like a quite right?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, what's the old eighties movie with Andrew McCarthy Mannikin?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for giving us a call mate, No problems, all right, we got the news handlines on the way. Then the time was So you've got any more stories about what got stuck in? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot Are you actually let me just rephrase that that's not the phoney we're doing what got stuck in? Look forward to reading those, you know what I mean. But if you haven't got those other stories, I read them.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Do.
Speaker 2: Something good with your life? And you know what old mate Sydney Sider was moaning about our Melbourne spring. It's a beautiful span day today stunn up perfect.
Speaker 8: Fairy weather it is, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It'll be minus four at midday, that's he said. It's going to be twenty where I'm from. That's it heat. Wait I see down the beach. Get the slips up on. All right?
Speaker 2: Today is Instagram's fifteenth birthday. Do you think these things have been around a long time? It wasn't there fifteen odd years ago. The average Australian spends two hours and twenty minutes a day scrolling.
Speaker 1: That is so much of our lives.
Speaker 2: That's a line Twitter, now called X was initially called I didn't know this friends talker before it was changed was.
Speaker 1: Sounding too creepy. It got a point terrible day.
Speaker 2: The phrase selfie was an Australian invention. And they say that Australian doesn't give anything to the world.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 5: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty thirteen. It was the Oxford Dictionaries word of the We are we are going backwards. No, we are going backwards. We are devolution is what we're happening now in the world. All right today, then on Instagram's birthday, the gram is fifteen Online bands loves the online world. You chatted him aout hate email. Little Specky's get all sort of steamed up.
Speaker 1: Internet bands.
Speaker 5: Oh please, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Oh, George Michael used to be in one. That's right.
Speaker 2: Spam the JavaScript you know. Oh they're chuckling in it apartments all around Australia right now. The food Wi fighters, Why fu oo fight.
Speaker 1: That? You got it? Google dolls.
Speaker 5: Oh that's very good, goal is it? And I thought it was.
Speaker 1: He loves htmo jokes LinkedIn park very good gold as well. I s where they are now looking for executive jobs?
Speaker 2: All right, we have a laugh the show sometimes rio what have you got?
Speaker 8: Nacking troll in the gold Blush?
Speaker 5: That's very good Kenny Bloggins.
Speaker 1: So it's like a tumblow gold. You actually say you are very you're very excited to be doing these in my element? Yeah you are, aren't you? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Pop up all my references.
Speaker 2: We have a theory on the show that it stuff We've been here before. Isn't that funny?
Speaker 5: But we're proving it wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm worry now here to top the end gear about pop ups Hack Sabbath, I.
Speaker 1: Don't it's cricket.
Speaker 8: We love Nicky Webster, Yeah, we love it even more when she's online.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well she's a nicky web surfer. Maybe they'll have.
Speaker 2: Held off real quickly. This you never known radio, do you know? Sometimes you think you're too and again the second time this hour, it gave way. Anyway, I know what you're thinking. I hope there's a second break on this IT comedy. Yes, unfortunately there is for all of us. All right, we're looking for your IT bands. Please make them funny. Do your best.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast Time, Waste Today, Instagram fifteen years on today.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your internet bands. Best in show Today. You're off on the Port Philip Ferry going from Docklands over to Port Philip. And we're also going to shout you lunch at Port Arlington Hotel at Port Arlington. Why don't we get the ferry and go and have lunch. I would love to tea fairy.
Speaker 1: Trip ye beautiful spring weather. Oh my god, please pipe me on board.
Speaker 2: I okay, So internet bands justin Tinderlake, very good, strong star, strong start, Natalie pat Avatar, sil Corn Hub. I don't get the reference, but seventy good old Chapel, says Alex.
Speaker 1: Nikki, world Wide webster Webster one, well done, Edwin Weaver, pawn Jovi.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this says about our listeners, so they just think.
Speaker 1: They think the world Wide Web is simply lady gigabytes, VPN sync, good.
Speaker 2: Red hotmail, cheap peppers, they're online bronze.
Speaker 1: What about Nicky Napster.
Speaker 2: Old that's good, Chris, that's good, Miley virus.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: From Matt's Facey Chapman s Tracy Chapman's online face time as well.
Speaker 1: Will I b M I was on Bands of Money, We're ho'st the best.
Speaker 5: And show Nikki world Wide Webster.
Speaker 1: Absolutely you on the winter being back tomorrow. Have a great day.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast