Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Ane Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pippot.
Speaker 3: Some things that make more sense than others bring pikes, nurseries, nursery pikes, p y k e s Hey, why I ky as in kill?
Speaker 1: Hey? Why?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults? Food? Why is your life so expensive? I'm not even having a good child. This is just a couple of mitches, what about me?
Speaker 5: Don't forget No, he is Mitui and seventy nine.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling fine, Richard.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're getting close to waity, aren't we?
Speaker 1: Aren't we ever? I know two dots at the nursing home. Are we getting close to age as we celebrate?
Speaker 5: I'm excited for this week's show, though, because I can't wait to find out what big guests you've got lined up for us. Huh No, Remember this was your challenge. I said, if you book one more guest for the podcast, you'll be out of probation.
Speaker 1: Now you gave me two weeks to submit the second guest, and now I've got I've got a segment plan. You know, the big segment I've been planning for weeks. Is it just meves drops? Oh good?
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, finally the long awaited segment of yours. So next week for our eighty if you'll have a big.
Speaker 1: Guest talking to me like I'm a teacher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's due next week.
Speaker 1: Next week at MIDnet, I'll have to log onto the portal and send my guest in. I'll have a guest next week.
Speaker 5: You know what word sends shivers down my spine?
Speaker 1: What moodle?
Speaker 5: Remember having to use that at school?
Speaker 1: Noodle? No moodle with an m oh, my god. I only just deleted my moodle from my bookmarks on my MacBook a month ago. I still had whs myrdle. Moodle is the worst.
Speaker 5: There's all sorts of ones that people use, like what were the other ones?
Speaker 1: Blackboard? I didn't have blackboard. I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's a bunch anyway, they're awful. We're past that phase of life, thank god.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Adam at Price kiper Genesee, Hello Price Kitchen. Hi, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm very well?
Speaker 1: Did you hear the news? I'm double vacks?
Speaker 5: Congratulations and side effects. I'm told.
Speaker 1: That's just a I'm fine, everyone, I got vax yesterday. My second pizer and I went to the hub in Sydney Olympic Park, which, for those that aren't in Australia, Sydney Olympic Park is so weird. They just purpose built a suburb for the Olympics in two thousand and now it just is this Olympic city. It's a very weird place.
Speaker 5: Either completely packed with people for like concerts, NRL there you go, or it's a ghost town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's very Olympic themed. Like I'm like, hey on, we got a park.
Speaker 5: On Kaffe Freeman Way, and then get the park and take it.
Speaker 1: On a drive efort drive shaped like a giant dig anyway. So it's in the Olympic Park at the hub, which the New South Wales governments up. So I like waddle up to the chair and I'm very excited. I'm like, get my second fizer, get it in me. I'm so pumped to be vaxed. And I sit down and the lady is so sweet and she does all the checking checks my Medicare checks my ID and she went, oh, yeah, yeah, we're gonna need the twelve gauge for you, and I went part of me. She went, oh, we're gonna need the bigger needle for you. You have a very thick epidermis. I said, oh, it's my fine.
Speaker 5: I love it. Pop that in your Tinder profile, I know.
Speaker 1: And she went, oh, it's your arm. You've got a thicker but it has a thick layer of skin. So then ing boo like a fucking click and collect Hole's cart. We don't need a twelve gauge for pod twelve. And then what do you need, Nancy, Oh, we just need a twelve gage for mister Cherry. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah you will. Here it is beg your pardner. Everyone analyzing my arm. And then anyway, I'm not even exaggerating, and I don't want to turn people off getting a needle. But if this is the normal one, I'm holding it up. It's like maybe a centimeter. The twelve gauge was like a pencil. Oh god, it looks like a kebab skewer kebab scull or the little that you had like lead pencil refills. It looked like it was yet yeah, fucking long, and she goes, you won't feel a thing, sweetheart, it's a thick epidermis. Like you've said that you've already said that's thick. It's thick, so like anyway, So I'm sitting there already embarrassed and the thick epidermis, and then she goes, oh, honey, I roll your sleep up. So I roll the sleeve up. Anyway, I'm wearing a rolled up, roll up, like button down linen and it couldn't wouldn't go past, like just above my elbow. And she went, oh my god, you're gonna have to take your shirt off, mister cherry, and I went, you don't quickly listen to a couple of mitches. Is it just it's not taking your top, babe.
Speaker 5: You're telling me that I have thick skin, however metaphorically very thin skin.
Speaker 1: I can't handle the humiliation. And I'm reading between the lines. You just called me fucking fat, and now you want me to take my shirt off. Does not compute. So I go on, it'll work, It'll be fine. I can just roll it up. She went, so that's not how it works. You have to take your top off. And I'm like, right, she went, will you want a privacy screen? I can order one, like went back over to the button and I'm like, don't press the button. I don't know. I don't need the buzzer. I don't need Kathy to come back, so I just fucking do it. So what I do is ready, I'll do it for you.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I have to unbutton like this, right, three buttons, like.
Speaker 5: A breastfeeding mother I was with my was with child, if I was breastfeeding in the park or pumping, I had to do this really.
Speaker 1: And go all the way out. And my TI was out like this, and then she know where it will lie. She went, lucky, you wore deodoran. Do you know what?
Speaker 5: I would have never thought of that? When I get my vac I'm gonna have to wear a tank top or something.
Speaker 1: And that is exactly my PSA. I want to bring attention to the fact that if you're getting your vaccine, wear a T shirt. Don't wear a skivvy because completely stripped like something that I didn't even think about.
Speaker 7: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 5: No, imagine if Jenna gets some creepy guy giving her jabb He's like, you're gonna have to take.
Speaker 1: Your bra off. Man, I have to do an aerial line injection for this one, not again, real injection. That's a broper anyway, I'm vaxed up, I'm feeling good hat and as great as well. He's fine, fantastic, he got the antibodies.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we've got Is It Just meaves Drops coming up your grand a weighted segment.
Speaker 1: We've also got a talk back.
Speaker 5: Tings, which is my favorite segment of ours.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for that, and it's John John Laws again that's the best of the best. Also, I do have to say, is It Just meaves Drops? Guys, been in the works mentally for me anyway, at least for you. Can you explain the concept? Okay, so the show Is It Just Me? Is the podcast hosted to buy a couple of minutes if it's your first time listening. We start to show the same way every week with two gents. I just saw the opportunity, as we'll go into my tag and an eaves drop is when you listen to someone else's conversation, So.
Speaker 5: Rather than bringing our own, we're just listening in on others.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right, This is Is It Just Me? From around the world globally. We even have Is It Just meaves Drops from some of our value listeners, which is very exciting.
Speaker 5: And I haven't heard any of these, and I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: No, exactly right, so we'll do that later on. All right, let's begin. I might go first, or do you want to? What are you thinking? No, you go for it, honey, don't let me stop here?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Where did all the toy stores go? It's none. What did they used to be?
Speaker 5: Because I grew up in the country and there weren't toy Stawce remember seeing ads for them on TV? Yes, and they were ads for you know, towns a long way away. So I never really went to toy staores.
Speaker 1: We were spoilt for choice. Toys are Russ was the big one, and every Westfield had to Toys r US and Toys r US wasn't just toys. It was like PlayStations. It was like the JB High Phi dare I say before Jbhigh Fight. Then there was Toy World that had the Teddy Bear logo, the big the giraffe, it was like an animal. And then there's Toy Barn. Toy Barn was huge. There were all these toy stores and places to get toys. I feel like toys were advertised more when we were growing up, right, means you feel the same.
Speaker 5: Maybe we're just not paying attention to those ads because they don't really affect us. I mean, Jbhi fi those ads.
Speaker 1: That is our toy store and this phase of life.
Speaker 5: So maybe they your.
Speaker 1: Toy store is love Honey dot com. I know that.
Speaker 5: I think there is still toy Mate, but all those others.
Speaker 1: That you just listed not here. It is toys harass mitchell A, nationwide and globally have shut all stores. Wow, they're all got there. Out of Australia, no toys are ice exist. And then of course you can't forget toy Mate. Toy Mate is huge. They've got a giant super Yeah. I know for a fact they're still around. I see them out west right. But what about the kids that live in the city. I mean, they don't want to go to George Street. I just don't think toy stores are given.
Speaker 5: Mummies diamonds to play with them.
Speaker 1: That's the house of Goodnoor and double Mad.
Speaker 5: What were your favorite toys growing up? I mentioned last week that I was big on the My Little Ponies. Oh yeah, I never had brat Stells, but I always used to play with them at the neighbor's place.
Speaker 1: Because I loved them.
Speaker 5: That was like my you know, my little gay secret. I loved playing with brat stoles. Yeah, and I also had the smelly bellies. Do you remember them I had? I had so many I can remember all of their names.
Speaker 1: I had, Okay, I can remember really random. I had Wubber Wrestlers. What And I actually googled these a couple of years because I wanted to buy them for the nostalgia. Wubber Wrestlers like w WU like Wubble, and they were wrestlers that were made of like silicon, and you like they'd wrestle together and they would like get stuck together. It was kind of erotic. And then my sister, back to my silicon obsession, used to have poly pockets and they were plastic girls, but all their outfits were made of silicon. Yes, it was really od.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I've just googled Wubble wrestlers. They were also made by Moose, the same people, and they look so unentertaining to me.
Speaker 1: What did you say in the walm God, I've just found the one that I used to play with au thirty six bucks. I'm buying it now. You just play with them and look at this. Look at the tits on that one. Jenna can't see, but she's got a rack on her made of pure I can see. I'm looking at finger up. Yeah she does.
Speaker 5: What about Tamagotchi's did you guys have this?
Speaker 1: I had them, but I mind just died in the room filled with shit, so I just gave her. You know, I had an attention span to play with.
Speaker 5: I was furious my term igotchi died, even though I took very good care of it. I kept this thing alive for twelve generations, and I kept such a close si on it, and then one day it was just like, no, I'm dead now.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's bullshit. Almost bigger than the tema gotchi was the lenyard that you wore it on. Do you remember that.
Speaker 5: Around the little charms that you could attach?
Speaker 1: Were you guys Nintendo DS kids?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's just in my cabinet next to me. Yeah, on his Oh my god, do you want to see we.
Speaker 1: Didn't play in this at all? Show me that I was a DS guy. I actually I've never actually said this on the podcast. Maybe I have in the other days, but I collect like vintage Nintendo consoles. It's a bit. It's a bit. I know Mitch just got his Nintendo DS stylist or are you happy to see me?
Speaker 5: I beg your pardon. It's not just a Nintendo DS. Oh my god, it's a Nintendo DSi xl oh.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 5: The ads for these things always had like business people sitting there playing brain games like adults.
Speaker 1: And they always put them on a train. Yes, why are they? Why is that meant to appeal to us turning it on? Hey Jenna, are you on picto chat? I am that old that I had a DS before that epilepsy warning came up before you started it up. That's how old I am. I was in the air of kids, froffing at the mouth with then nin ten dogs at Christmas Day? Go back? What about Pouci? Did you guys have Pooci? The robotic dog?
Speaker 7: Is that? And it had different color?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Mine had blue ears.
Speaker 1: I still have mine at mine?
Speaker 5: Did you ever have a fucking Ferby? Those things were crappy, but I loved them.
Speaker 1: My parents wouldn't let me have Ferbies. My sister had a Ferby, but she gave it milk. And then one Christmas my parents bought my parents are classic tight asses. Bought my sister a PSP like a PlayStation potable and off gum Tree and it was broken. They were just they tricked and they had no idea. It's on Christmas Day. She was sobbing into Lara Croft two.
Speaker 5: My sister had a Ferby and it was in her backpack when she went to school and the classroom was dead, silent, everyone was, you know, paying attention, working, and then the Ferby just goes boring.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they used to do that boring.
Speaker 1: Missus Smith had in the bow, Like, what how do they know? How do they know?
Speaker 7: Do you remember Sylvanian families, those little minds.
Speaker 1: I watched the tiktoks about Sylvanian families and they're all murderers.
Speaker 5: I know. I mean, Jenna was alive when people first invented hop scotch, so she's been around to see he's seen it all.
Speaker 7: It's really underrated.
Speaker 1: Jenna didn't have marble, so she used the eyes of her enemies the joints of hers. I did. It's so much fun.
Speaker 7: I wish I could go back to those days.
Speaker 1: Anyway, kids, if you're listening, you don't haven't sound like fucking boomers? Well I do, anyway, all right, are you ready for you ready for your age of Mitchell? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Me with it?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Is it really weird to you that COVID nineteen is now affecting regional areas?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, absolutely, Yeah, that's how you know it's serious.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They just announced last week that regional New South Wales is going into lockdown too. It's not just sitting anymore. But before that, I feel like regional areas were such a blind spot. Like they used to laugh at us. Mom and Dad would sit at home in the country watching the news and being like, fucking idiots going and selling out toilet paper. What's wrong with them? And this Christmas just gone?
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 5: I was driving back to Bogenate for Christmas and I had symptoms like I had a sore throat, block nose, And I said to Mom, Okay, option one is I get COVID tested here and then just wait a couple of days to come home, or I come home and get COVID tested in Forbes.
Speaker 1: And she was like, we don't have.
Speaker 5: COVID testing facilities in the country.
Speaker 1: We don't need them. They didn't have ever had a case out here. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And fast forward to now all of New South Wales is in lockdown. First it was just Jenna's hometown, Dubbo.
Speaker 1: Now it's everyone, all the Dubbo dust industry.
Speaker 9: Will no, I can't even talk about the dust, let alone the COVID.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 9: But it's as soon as it was announced. It was announced at like eleven, and then they just started at like one.
Speaker 1: The mayor just stood up in the middle of town with the megaphone.
Speaker 7: And he had the dust in his hand.
Speaker 1: How it was announced because there's no Internet, of course, yes.
Speaker 5: So he stood at the only traffic lights in town saying go home.
Speaker 7: Yeap Macquarie Street.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, how are.
Speaker 5: They coping, Jenny your family, because I feel like that would be quite a rude shock to them.
Speaker 9: Yes, well, thankfully a lot of most of them are fully vaccinated. But it's particularly hard because my great uncle has terminal cancer and so that's difficult transporting.
Speaker 7: Him to the hospital and all that when he needs treatment.
Speaker 1: And systems already quite imagined vulnerable.
Speaker 9: Yes, and also the fact that he can't have like my cousins and things, all of them over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can't have more than one visitor, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they're not going over, you know, to hang out. They're going over to help, you know, clean things up because he doesn't want to go into palliative care.
Speaker 7: So that's what's very difficult.
Speaker 5: Does that fall under compassionate reasons?
Speaker 1: Surely?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure it would.
Speaker 1: Have someone to dick him down, and your uncle can have someone over to talk to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah that if I have someone over an intimate partner, it has to be like just the one person.
Speaker 1: So if it's a dud route, that's it. Oh yeah, Oh please, I thought you're insinuating that you're going to have more. I'm like, babe, getting one. I barely like two.
Speaker 5: But the weird thing is that I heard the other day. I don't know if it was a rumor or if I just heard it through the grape vine, but I heard that Parks, which is the nearest town to bogen Gate where I grew up the dish, they had become a hot spot because some delivery driver delivering grain or feed for live soccer something was positive and had gone all around the town. And so I googled Parks hotspot to try and get some information about what was going on back home, and the first link I clicked on the headline that said Parks hot spots.
Speaker 1: I was like, yep, this is what I want to know.
Speaker 5: But now I clicked on Park's bird watching hot spots. It's a list of all the best places to go bird watching in the region. In fourth place Bogan Gates, So you know.
Speaker 1: We're going a strong guy's great. What the fuck?
Speaker 5: Bird watching sounds so boring, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: So you're looking at that map being like, oh, there's a lot of cases in the bullsh and in trees. What's going on? In Forbes? Bird watching sounds awful? And you only like you listen out for the noises too, like a lot of it. You never actually see a lot of the birds. I don't need to go bird watching.
Speaker 5: I accidentally hit enough of them with my car when I'm out in the bush drive it plays an hour.
Speaker 1: I don't need to either.
Speaker 3: Now, Is it just mean?
Speaker 5: Suave a review on your podcast app?
Speaker 1: If you don't, you're a little bit all right, Mack time. If you leave us a five star review on Apple podcasts or on Facebook reviews, go to our page couple of Mitch's hit reviews. Leave it and it gets right out on the show. You've got a week to contact price keeper Jenna and you'll be sent a season three commemorative mug, just like Heidi Jane Sweeney as on Facebook. She says, well, I like them, and I'm pretty hard to please.
Speaker 5: I like that is that it short and sweet?
Speaker 7: I like her.
Speaker 5: We conquered the inevitable. She's very hard to please, but we please her.
Speaker 1: That's right, And this one is from Andrew Dadson. He says, appreciate the laughs. So Andrew says, thank you Mitch Mitchell and prize keeper Jenna getting everyone's names exactly right, which I love. I started listening to the podcast late last year when my partner was participating in Master chef Ey this podcast bubble Fleck. Yeah, this podcast helped me develop a routine when I really needed it. Thank you everyone. So Andrew, you've got yourself a commemorative mug. But who is his partner?
Speaker 5: Oh my, you do have a last name with the review? I know it's Andrew, Yeah, dadson, Dadson. You watched Mastershif, didn't you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I interviewed them all, but I didn't get any of their last names. I just do first names.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they don't really do her last name on the show, do they I'm.
Speaker 1: Googling dad mastership, but Andrew, dadsn't partner, which makes me think gay and I'm just thinking. I'm just thinking. If I google.
Speaker 7: Dadson, yeah, Dadson, Mastershift.
Speaker 1: Dad's and Mastershift, read about Mark Dad's sitting and that's Dodson, a lawyer, a medical student.
Speaker 5: Well, Andrew, if you're listening, we're very curious, please tell all.
Speaker 9: Yes, please tell us more about this.
Speaker 5: It's also not that often that we get reviews from males. Have you noticed it's usually chicks. Men hold back their feelings. If you're a man that listens, let it out, dune and leave us a five star review on Apple Podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. It keeps us going, and you can win yourself a mug which aren't around for that much long. Season three is nearing its end, guys, don't forget no dates in mind yet.
Speaker 5: And if you don't win a mugget's fine, you can just buy one on our Instagram at couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. Okay, should we jump into a fan favorite one hundred percent? Let's go the radio.
Speaker 5: So talkback tings is where we play the weird shit that we hear on talkback radio. It's a fan favorite segment. And we've spoken a lot about John Laws, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you haven't heard those before, he's an Australian radio icon, the original gold microphone, the original king of broadcast. Very old, is very very very well known in the Yeah it didn't.
Speaker 5: He literally have his birthday last week. I don't know how old he is, but yeah, he's getting up that way. He did, And so we've spoken a lot about him, but we've never spoken to him. And so the other day, we were all in the office at the same time in the morning, which is rare because obviously you work nights, Mitch, and I was like, well, John Laws is on in the morning. We're all here, Let's take this opportunity to try and get through to his show. And it all came about after I heard this mispronunciation. Right, there were so many unknown worthy no, I reckon, you're gonna like this mispronunciation.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you always do well.
Speaker 5: This one is particularly good because it's almost like a hybrid of two of our favorite segments. Right, So this mispronunciation happened on the John Laws show.
Speaker 1: Oh that is like talk back tings. Why no pronunciation?
Speaker 5: Precisely, I was listening out trying to find something for talkback things. And I'm like, oh, it's a mispronunciation perfect from John, No, from one of his callers.
Speaker 1: Oh, because I was going to say, he's very well spoken, he's very intelligent.
Speaker 5: Oh, he would never mispronounce anything. But he did get pretty frustrated at the caller every time they got the word wrong.
Speaker 1: As you like, he's in our intro, he was he say cove for kill.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, his patience has only gotten more thin. So the other day when this caller kept saying a certain word wrong, you'll definitely know what it is. He wasn't having a bar of it.
Speaker 4: Take a listen, Okay, one three hundred five six four sixty five two telephone number, Give us a call, tell us what's on your And I don't vet the calls. Unlike other broadcasting stations. They give you a third degree before they'll put you through talk on the air. Well, I don't do that. You can talk about whatever you like. Who have we got Helen? Are you there?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning Helen. What can I do for you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: John, look, irrespective of the covert thing, people are going to die. I just I'm a little curious about why so much seems to be just labeled as covert. It's COVID, it's COVID, Oh, it's COVID. They are a range of underlying conditions.
Speaker 4: Okay, but this one, this one is very very very infectious.
Speaker 10: But people are dying of varying things, and it probably doesn't all lead to covert, or it shouldn't all.
Speaker 8: Be labeled COVID COVID.
Speaker 10: But I do not subscribe to I guess to the covid.
Speaker 4: Yes's sweetheart, you must say.
Speaker 10: COVID, COVID, COVID whatever.
Speaker 4: No, COVID, not whatever, covid, covid. Yeah, that's it, that's correct.
Speaker 10: Whatever you wish to call it. John, We have an immune sistent. It works remarkably well.
Speaker 4: But it obviously doesn't work totally well. Otherwise we wouldn't have an outbreak of COVID, would we an alleged outbreak?
Speaker 10: John? Alleged?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That word?
Speaker 4: I see. Well, Well, you try and tell the four million people who are dead that they're only allegedly dead. No, you're not dead. An allegation.
Speaker 10: A little dose of reality is not going to hurt anyone.
Speaker 4: No, Well, that's including you, my dear.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I consider myself to be a realist. I just simply don't subscribe to you know, every day is COVID. I just don't go to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Helen, you're stupid. You're making ridiculous comments. Oh, deary, dear, go away, please, stupid woman. I just don't believe that somebody can think along those lines and even have the temerity to want to express it on national radio.
Speaker 1: Yy whoa, whoa.
Speaker 5: That escalated and yeah, he gets to a certain boiling point He's like, nah, stupid woman.
Speaker 1: Now does he just have a sting to play like a one second jingle? Woman? I thought she said covered to start.
Speaker 5: No, she was saying covered COVID. I've got it there for you.
Speaker 10: Covered cod.
Speaker 5: It's a shame with all this covered happening in Sydney, A lot of my work opportunities have been postponded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's very cold that at the moment of winter and nomly have like a cereal, but I want something warm, you know, so I have.
Speaker 5: Parage No, no, you fucked it, you fucked it, or the if you want to reverse it, you could say pe ridge.
Speaker 1: So you can reverse. Well.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about it and phonetically. She's actually reading it correctly, because you don't say, oh, I'm really hungry, let's go through the drive. So I'm really craving some McDonald's.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: True, Technically, copt is how it's spelt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, true true true. You don't say, Madona, what's that?
Speaker 5: Madonna?
Speaker 1: This is hot? I can't think of anything.
Speaker 5: Well, you're just turning the owen covid into an Oh.
Speaker 1: Look at the lah? True?
Speaker 5: Did you see in beaut there was a dreadful explosion?
Speaker 1: My brain is cook? What's wrong with you today?
Speaker 5: I can't think, Oh, it's good to have the jab and he's got a blood close. Have you got any celeb interviews coming up on your radio show.
Speaker 1: Russell Croft? No, I don't.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Okay, look I'm not in the mood. Is you shared an Noway says a shot must go on?
Speaker 5: The podcast must go on.
Speaker 1: When you got school, captain, did you did you speak in electern or a potio? There we go with's getting it? You're in the things and you your niece is she a totaler?
Speaker 5: I remember?
Speaker 1: Is she total?
Speaker 4: She said?
Speaker 1: She's grown up? Time flies? What color is our logo? Yellow? It's when it changes that it confuses me because I think of one, it's because it's antidexterous.
Speaker 5: Anyway, this is going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the head I noticed.
Speaker 5: But look anyway, the reason I've dragged you into the studio at this time because we usually record in the afternoons and it's morning time. I thought, well, what a rare opportunity where in studio at the same time that John Laws is alive on air? He's nine to midday. Yes, and we've never tried to call the big man, John Law. So I thought, well, it's now on Ever, Dylan, you want me to call John? Absolutely? Actually, I think it's the right time. He meets your alter ego dot Wigan.
Speaker 1: Oh you think Dodd should call the eight year old woman?
Speaker 5: Yep, she should give John a call. She would definitely be listening. Oh, she'd be like, yes, you've also got a like that woman like Helen. Get a mispronunciation in there? See if he calls you out on it?
Speaker 1: Or should I say what's topical? And he's asking about the vaccine?
Speaker 11: The vaccine.
Speaker 1: Instead of.
Speaker 5: Yes and booked him for the John should I get what did you get the fizza or the astro zaneaka.
Speaker 1: You daft woman? Heiser Fiser.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't believe it. We've never spoken to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have his number. I'll give you his number and i'll put it in.
Speaker 5: The number is very easy. Remember one three hundred five six four sixty five too. It spelled John Lord.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure. Also, we don't vet to anyone. It's not a it's not a glow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was asking for trouble.
Speaker 1: He was all right, I'm going to die.
Speaker 5: So it's not a glot.
Speaker 1: God, yes, Vizza, Oh my god. Dialing as don John's Morning Show. Your name morning Dot?
Speaker 5: Excuse spoil that out for me?
Speaker 1: D O T Dot? And how old are you?
Speaker 8: I'm eighty three, well eighty four very soon, but I would cling on to eighty three while I can.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: And where you calling from?
Speaker 1: I'm calling from Coonel Barrel Breen. Yep, Ben, what are we talking about today? To John?
Speaker 8: About you is a vaccine. I've had the vaccine and I'd like to know what he got. It is my mind knowing what Jonathan has.
Speaker 1: Yep, Ben, Dodd, can I get your phone number?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 5: DoD?
Speaker 9: Is this Mitch?
Speaker 11: Me?
Speaker 9: Is this Mitch?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by Mitch?
Speaker 7: Mitch?
Speaker 5: I think, No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't put me through to John.
Speaker 3: Please, I can't put you through to John. And he doesn't like you.
Speaker 1: It does like me. I went to school with John. Sorry about that dog.
Speaker 3: Qudn't try though.
Speaker 10: Didn't you get Ben last time?
Speaker 5: The guy we spoke to when we called reception, did he get promoted?
Speaker 12: Ben?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ben awed all the phones here? Oh wow, there you guys listen here. You almost put on you almost put on a competitor.
Speaker 3: Oh poor Benny.
Speaker 12: He's sitting here getting really upsett embarrassed last time put him on?
Speaker 1: Put him on?
Speaker 5: Here you go, Hey, Mitch, bencognize your voice straight away.
Speaker 1: I was like, we've called this kid before.
Speaker 5: No, no, I recognized it too.
Speaker 1: But also, Bene, no problems to the podcast. No, you're doing a great job. Put your producer back on, put your other one on. Okay, then there mustn't be much show to produce.
Speaker 5: Hey, Darling, if we can't get through as dot, can you tea up an interview with John Laws and our podcast?
Speaker 1: We'd love to have him. I can give thanks Darlin. All right, you guys, we were caught out. We're on their radar. I can't tell you my heart dropped because he was in the background.
Speaker 5: And then do you love how I interrupted and said they're onto it and it didn't break character.
Speaker 1: You're like, now I'm gonna keep going. That is so good. Oh my god, you're listening to Is it just me? The rude shocks of young adults?
Speaker 4: Food?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Time?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Drops? Are we ready with Limba? Feeling good?
Speaker 5: Let's do that the is it just me from around the globe that we have evesdropped on?
Speaker 1: Huh, that's right. So consider yourself in a classroom in the world. Walking throughout the public, you hear someone talking, you go, oh, I'd love to get involved in that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, it's actually really weird because you know, when you hear someone else say your name, your ear is pricky. Bit. Every time I hear someone use the phrase is it just me? At attention, I'm like, are they talking about my podcast? So exactly, it's a lot and you've pulled them all.
Speaker 1: Yes, And this is where well said that before you said that come out the martograph I, which is not true. I have a loving partner. I don't know why I made that come from. I've never done that in my life. Also, what all just too? I have two hands, That's all I can do. That says four penises. But the cha think anyway. But I do have this audio from TikTok have a listen.
Speaker 6: Is it just me or does anyone else agree that each family has their own scent?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, smell, some families fucking stink.
Speaker 1: I completely agree.
Speaker 5: And I have this like con instant fear that the combs is Reek and no one has told us because I would never say to someone, Hey, you, your sister, your mum, you're all fucking punk. I would never say that, and so I would expect that if I did Reek, no one would have the heart to tell me do I stink?
Speaker 1: No? No, Mitchell, your house does not stink at all when you often have candles going. You know, the first time I noticed this was a really sad moment. My childhood home smell is after moving out. Yeah, I'm same, and then coming back and you go, oh yeah, this place fucking ripe.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: That was how I are you talking about the houses or the people? Because when they say do some families have a smell? I'm talking about even if I run into them down the street, I can fucking smell them.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about just the people.
Speaker 5: They have their own musk. Sometimes it's lovely, sometimes it's feral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, people have very unique smells. But I'm talking houses, I'm talking like place.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm also worried that my place has a cat smell, because you don't realize when you live with the cat.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad you told me that. No, it smells good. And you know what else. It happens when you go on a holiday for like a month, and then you come back and you walk into your place here, see how.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know, yes, I go home to Boging Gate expecting to have that comforting, nostalgic smell of home, but it's the mouth plague at the moment, so instead I smell dead rod fantasty.
Speaker 1: All right, this isn't just me, comes from someone I follow, is just some gay influence. I don't even know how I found him, but this was on his Instagram story last night and I had to rewatch it to screen record. Did you get his permission to play this audio? Now? He put it on Insto stories. It's verified. He's fine, isn't that the fair gang? I think he's got only fans too, so we've seen work enough in his opinions.
Speaker 5: Okay, is it just me?
Speaker 12: Or like, do y'all a walk everywhere, even if like it's fifty minutes, because I live in New York everywhere, Like I walked to dinner tonight fifteen minutes, just because I was like, why take the train if I can walk?
Speaker 5: Just you, babe, Absolutely yes, I mean if it's the option of walking or train, I get the appeal. Sometimes it's nice to take a walk and have a bit of me time. But I've got a car, Barb, I'm not going to fuck around on foot.
Speaker 1: Na exactly, Nana walk.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw Jenna walking the other day. I was driving to work and Jenera as when I lives in the Meriton service Suite Stay and I was driving in and I drove past her. Is that is that a white witch? Or is that Jenna? And it was Jenna, and I messaged her and I said, do you want to lift? She went no, it's sweltering outside. She was happy to just skip. I liked walking. She had an option and she chose to walk. So just you. Anyway, back to TikTok. This is from friend of the show Jen.
Speaker 12: It's just me?
Speaker 1: Or do you reckon?
Speaker 7: You feel more confident when you wear a G string? No, I feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: I've never worn a G string. They don't sound appealing at all.
Speaker 1: No, so that's just you, Jena.
Speaker 5: Have you seen that scene on kathin Kim where she says she's having a lingerie party and she says, so this is the tee bar, it's actually just a G string turned back to front.
Speaker 7: I love that scene.
Speaker 5: That sounds even more uncomfortable. I don't even have flaps, but that doesn't sound comfy.
Speaker 1: I couldn't wear a G string. I would ingest, it would.
Speaker 5: Go internal, It'd come out like a frayed rope.
Speaker 1: People would have to go to the vet like those rott whilers that eat the rope and they have to pull it out. That's what happened.
Speaker 5: Let's just take a moment to picture jen A in a G string.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on. This one is another one from tik Tu Is.
Speaker 4: It just me? Or like no, it's just don't turn you on?
Speaker 1: But when she sends in the little booty picks and like the short shorts, O god, well not she?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I get the idea though, Like I don't want to see a dick pic, but I'm quite partial to a tease, I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. Would would you like to get a raw photo of a penis Jennet?
Speaker 9: No, No, not at all.
Speaker 5: No, what about when someone mailed you an oil painting of a penis?
Speaker 1: Back in? You want of your form lines?
Speaker 9: That's different, that's different, and that did happen quite a few times.
Speaker 1: And you've got a couple of morse code dicks too, didn't you? So many imagine sexing over morse code a rapid amount of beeps? It sounded the four play is fun and like the killer, Like, have you ever had phone sex? Have you guys had phone sex before?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I have not. I've never even sent a nude Yeah no, no, nor the most nude I've ever been is in that fucking back center.
Speaker 5: Well let's just just for the show. Let's all post the nude right now.
Speaker 1: Let's post them to the group and people can guess who they are. Yep, all right, To be fair, my tits could register as Jenners. Oh no, he's done it. Wow you guys kidding? Oh my god, that's a Hey this one isn't Is it just me? From a listener. She re sent this in. Hi, this is from Camcy. Is it just me? You say cancery Campsy? Oh I'm a bit cancery, that's what I heard. No, that's not how you introduce yourself. Sorry, sir, Hi, this is Shre from Camcy. Is it just me? Or horses like all the same. It's like different breeds and stuff like Arabian and Thoroughbred. But they're all just a horse.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean? No, they are all different.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant. I agree with it. No, a horse is a family.
Speaker 5: That's like one of those people that thinks they're really insightful when they say it doesn't matter if you're black, white, gay, or straight.
Speaker 1: We're all people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're aware of that. But everyone comes in different varieties and that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: My favorite horse is a Pinto.
Speaker 5: Oh that's also a bean, Jenna. Do you remember Patch on Settle? I love Pinto?
Speaker 7: Well, Patch was my favorite.
Speaker 1: I loved.
Speaker 7: I had a little Patch toys.
Speaker 1: Have I told the story about Toe than the horse that I killed?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: Indvertently developed a spine tumor because of my weight. Allegedly, Yes, you murdered a horse. Now, now I know I was quite a slim at the time, to be honest. What's a pinto?
Speaker 5: It's like, this sounds a bit off, but it's like those cowskin rugs, this thing on old nats.
Speaker 1: They're like, you know, blotches of white and brown. Yeah. Interesting, All right? Now the TikTok?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Or has twenty twenty one been weird?
Speaker 1: Actually it goes on from it. It's just you.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, it's been perfectly normal.
Speaker 1: It's been a bit weird.
Speaker 5: But actually I hadn't realized until right now, But now that you mention it, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's been a bit odd that tick tug. When I was when I found it, the audio just kept going. There was no more audio. It was it was a black screen like they wanted us to talk out loud.
Speaker 5: It was shit.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to one from Twitter.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if it's just a mere thing, but do you guys like randomly stick your hand in your shirt and grab your boobs for a comfort?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, this might be the male equivalent, but sometimes I don't mind just you know, a little grope of the gonads for warmth.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I do, And Hayden doesn't. And sometimes inadvertently or subconsciously, I should say, I'll be watching a show and my hand will be in my groin and he'll come out of what are you doing? Why are you jacking out to the national Ga? I had no idea. It's just for warmth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Jenna clearly just enjoys being a cold blooded lizard bitch because she doesn't grape her own tits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's me. She calls them her memories. All right, let's go to rub hi.
Speaker 11: Guys. Is it just me or is the reaction to a message invention the fucking best thing to ever happen to us.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 11: It's a great way to fucking end the conversation, but not be rude. You know, my mum just sent me some bullshit message. I didn't give a shit about chuck o a heart react happy days, I've done my duty for the day.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think that's brilliant. I think they're a bit rude.
Speaker 5: I hate it when someone wraps up a conversation with me by just like doing a laugh emoji or something, and I'm like, oh, I had more to say, but sure, let's just ended here.
Speaker 1: You know, you can customize your reaction. I didn't know that until someone reacted to that with a tea like I was spilling the tea and I was like, how the fuck did they do that? And Instagram, Oh okay, let me go to you Mitchell, I can hold it down and then you can add an emoji.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I only found that out last week too. Yeah, so it isn't just you.
Speaker 9: Or else.
Speaker 5: But I think that the reactions is the best invention to happen to us. I think that voice messages are never type anymore. I'm always doing a voice message.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. A lot of people don't know how to react to audio messages. If you're not comfortable with sending an audio message. And let's be real, all we do is speak like the three of us, so it's very abnormal for a lot of people. I sent one to my uncle and he freaked the fuck out. Yeah.
Speaker 5: If I'm back and forthing with someone and I'm only sending voice messages and then they're replying with texts and I'm still doing voice messages if they're not reciprocating, I feel like a predator. Yes, I feel like I'm forcing myself on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is. It's intense. It's like we're yelling at them. All right, let's do another one. Is it just me?
Speaker 7: Who just they?
Speaker 11: I just don't like it when you're overly nice to me.
Speaker 2: I would much prefer someone who, like Loki, makes fun of you, who's like rude, who tells you you are absolutely clap, rather than someone who every two seconds is.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, you're the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, Can I just say there's someone in my life right now who I have like weekly meetings with, and I just I'm trying to crack them and get to that point where we can just diss each other because they start every conversation with happy Monday, and I'm like, nah, I don't talk to any of my friends like that.
Speaker 1: And reeks of acquaintance, I agree, it's just filling the void, giving your giving someone a fake version of yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd much rather a Hello bitch rather than a Happy Monday.
Speaker 1: But some people are always going to be happy Monday. As Mitch, I don't think some everyone's comfortable to show themselves to others.
Speaker 5: I think you're right. What a waste put them down.
Speaker 1: I agree, yep, I happily will for you. This is the final bitch, Mitch.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, have I shown you my gun shot? Okay, so I'm working from home at the moment, and I've got my own little podcast setup. I've got my own gunshot and it ships on yours.
Speaker 1: No or yours is like a machine gun where mine is like a musket. Should I upgrade guns?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Are you sure it's an antique?
Speaker 1: I've got a lot that's machine gun. This is a good one that's machine gun. Kelly the artist, my era. That was my mistake. All right, let's end. Is it just me's jobs? With a message from our listener, Jack? Is it just me?
Speaker 12: Or?
Speaker 1: Do those coals bags seem way less eco friendly than the old ones? Love you from jack?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 1: Well, they're thicker.
Speaker 7: They are definitely thicker.
Speaker 1: But comparatively the other ones, you would get like a hundred of them because they were smaller. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Is that the last one we got from a listener?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can I just say I, Jack, I've always wanted this podcast to be a safe space where our listeners can come and share their deepest thoughts, things that make them feel alone and then we can all bond.
Speaker 1: And heal through sharing.
Speaker 5: And what do I fucking get from our listeners? Ah, Cole's bags are fucking spare me?
Speaker 1: Oh deep?
Speaker 5: Like, remember, Mitch, last week you were talking about anxiety. We've had Jack Vision talking about his struggles with drug addiction and sobriety. And what do we have now, some fucking twink talking about Carl's bag. Jack, I want something slightly meaningful by a bad person.
Speaker 1: For warning that is it just me? No?
Speaker 5: I want a meaningful conversation the three of us, Mitch, Mitch and Jenner. We bring enough trivial nonsense. I want something deep from the listeners.
Speaker 1: Fuck this.
Speaker 5: Remember the last time we did is it just you? Someone came on and said do you prefer little spoons over big spoons? And I was off my show?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember I set him off. I noticed a trend here, Jack. I enjoyed it. I had something to say, not much, albeit the conversation was done in about fifteen seconds. Keep it to yourself next time, Jack.
Speaker 5: Sorry Jack, anyone's listening right now and you're going through some shit and you're like, I want to talk about this. Maybe it'll make others feel less alone, or you've been through some shit in your past and people can learn lessons from you. Please slide into our DNS because I never want to hear something that fucking stupid again. Okay, you can use a fake name, but it's really fucked like if you don't know, went to prison or whatever.
Speaker 9: Hi Jack, So Mitchell, do you agree that the Cols bags better now or not?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, they're shit? All right? That ends as what a show that was? I think it was successful. I do actually I like done.
Speaker 5: Well done, Mitchell, thank you, well done.
Speaker 1: Well segmented next week with Dina coming on.
Speaker 5: You know, I actually sent an email today about getting Dina on the show.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna hear back. It's fucking Dino.
Speaker 5: As DeLine Lewis concurred last week, it can't hurt to ask the question.
Speaker 1: Very true. So will I get Idle on the show?
Speaker 5: Probably not, but at least I can go to my grave knowing I tried unlike you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Jack, you've pissed him off. Words go. Thank you for listening to seventy nine. We're back to episode eighty next week. I'll be bringing in a special guest and I'll end my probation, so stay trued to find out that.
Speaker 5: And this is you've been on a job trial after I demoted you and put your back on probation.
Speaker 1: Which is does another power to do our taxes? Our tax official made him sign one paper. Now he thinks he can Mitchell fire and fire Mitchell. That's one. Oh no, that's two. I'm not saying. Teachers would go to the whiteboard. They wouldn't say anything, and they'd hold up a pen. They'd stand at the whiteboard and everyone was talking, and they just draw a dash and then they draw another line. And there'd be one student that's like, guys, yes, miss.
Speaker 5: McManus, and the miss McManus would be like, this is the amount of minutes out of your lunchtime.
Speaker 1: You'll be saying back, you'd go, this isn't my time, boys and girls, this is your lunchtime that you're reading it. You go on, keep talking. I've got my egg salady with me.
Speaker 5: But also what about oh lunchtime is your time not mine?
Speaker 1: Bullshit. You've got yard duty.
Speaker 5: You gotta fucking get out there just like us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, missus Robinson, you've got a call with your divorce attorney because your husband's leaving you for the pe teacher. You trot and get your iPhone out of your locker and pull your lawyer out of your pigeon hull.
Speaker 5: But anyway, jokes aside, Mitchell, I am looking forward to finally lifting your probation period, if and only if you get a guest on next week.
Speaker 1: All right, got the precious on, Jenna, because you're on such a.
Speaker 5: Roll like Jenna, Let's take a moment. If I was there, i'd pat him on the back. He's doing well, isn't he.
Speaker 1: My figh's a shoulder. Careful, don't are you clapping your little bitt a clap?
Speaker 5: Honestly, Jenna is such a jealous bitch.
Speaker 1: Well done, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've got applause too. Do you want to hear them? Yeah, let's compare now sound effects of my thing? Can we rewind to the start of this fucking show? When I thought sound effect would be great? You brated me, yelled at me. Now you think they're in and they're cold.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I just think there's a time and a place for sound effects. But back in the early days you were just playing them willy nilly. I could barely get through a sentence without some sort of sound effect.
Speaker 4: Time trap.
Speaker 1: That was good. That was the time in the place. Do you want to hear my applause? Yes, go for it. Oh that sounds like someone's water broke in.
Speaker 5: A marble sid Yeah, you're right, that one's no good.
Speaker 1: Laugh laughter. Yeah. But what if I were to say, Julie Bishop's mother is about this? Could you do this? You got the person wrong.
Speaker 5: It's Angela Bush, It's not Julie Bishop, but you ruined it.
Speaker 1: That's frustrating anyway. Who will be my guest next week? Stay tuned to find out episode eighty All will be revealed. Guys, mugs are available. Don't forget link in our bio. Not for long too, very limited runy questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, next week's guest. Are you chasing anyone? Is this someone already locked in? Or are you just like, is this blind faith? You're just hoping to fuck that something comes through.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I've got it fully planned out. I've got about three email pictures out and I've heard back from a couple. We're just sorting out dates and there's.
Speaker 5: Some okay, so there's a few tentative but nothing lockdown correct, Okay, well, I believe in you.
Speaker 1: I'll book a guest from my radio show every day. I'll pull a rabbit out of my hat if I need to.
Speaker 5: I was saying something nice.
Speaker 1: Don't back to you, very true, very tue. I've got Guy Sebastian on Speed dil. Don't you forget? Don't get Guy Sebastian. Excuse you, guys, lovely No, he is actually get Guy. We could do Guy. No, you'll have to stand by it. Find out. You've got a week to get through it. We'll see you on Instagram live on Sunday Night by a mug Leave us a review five stars. Thank you to those who send us in messages. Poor Jack found dead and we will see you back next.
Speaker 5: We love you Jack.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, guys, see you guys, Bye bye. Is it just me? A podcast by a couple of meches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast up.
Speaker 5: Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we hope to trick most Hipple out of hearing this part. We don't really want.
Speaker 1: Anyone to hear.
Speaker 5: If you're here, you're not meant to be. But it's fine. If you've discovered it, you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is the show focking after party that you weren't really invited to but you kind of stumble upon and you might love it, you might hate it. That's this shot. Did you ever have.
Speaker 5: Like a twenty first or an eighteenth or any sort of party at your house and your parents were there and they knew that there was a certain point in the night that they just leave. They're like, Okay, we'll give them some time to be their real, gross teenage self, the side of them that they probably don't really want us to see.
Speaker 1: That's what this is.
Speaker 5: I hope my mom takes the hint and jeans out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, my parents no, do not know boundaries. My parents love a party. My mom got high with us at my eighteenth or my It was like they're coming together, my drama friends and my fear to friends and my school friends and my drama friends bought joints and everyone was smoking, and my mom and dad had a join we're smoking it with our family friends who were loving it, and that we couldn't get them to bed. We had to go to bed because they would not stop harving. That's great.
Speaker 5: Did you have any I'm surprised because you don't strike me as the type that would get blade.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't have any. I think maybe I had one bumpuff. I'm gigantic, so nothing happened. But I didn't have my first real joint until America. I did cocaine and a joint on the favor this nose bleed. I had an instant nose bleed into a VASACEI toilet on the.
Speaker 5: Sorry, that story has always been that you had a nose bleed from your first cigarette.
Speaker 1: Was it a joint?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: In New York, I had my my first joint and my first cocaine. Am I allowed to talk about drugs? Oh? Fuck it?
Speaker 5: But like I thought that it was your first cigarette that gave you a nose bleed or was it both?
Speaker 1: Now? I had my first when I had my first Winfield Red at my graduation for my at my year twelve grad part. It was at year ten DJ Tiger Lily was performing. I think it was year ten and I had a Winfield Red and I had a nose bleed. But I also had a noseblee. But I had my first joint and mind a cocaine in New York City. I've got very sensitive nasal I didn't say how uncool that is.
Speaker 5: Oh my year ten graduation, when DJ Tiger Lily was performing, I had my first cigarette and it was too much.
Speaker 1: I interviewed her and told her that story, and you know when you sometimes like tell a story and you go they could either love this or hate it. She had zero.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I think she was more offended than I brought up that she used to do you twelve gigs. She was like, no, that wasn't me. No, no, no, no no, I'm an artist.
Speaker 5: And so, Jenna, did you get your wives cross or meat? Did you also get a fucking nosebleed when you had your first joint?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I've had both.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so it is both got down in the end. It's like a pulling teeth guy.
Speaker 1: But I will be honest. I think the second one was more of the cocaine, and it was when I had cocaine for the first time I had it.
Speaker 5: It would have been if you were snorting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was sawny. And then they said I was freaking out because I'm like my brain, I shouldn't do this, and and they said have a path, you'll be fine, it'll calm you down, and then nap nose was bleeding. I was high. It was an awful thing. I was on the upper Upper West Side of New York City. I didn't know anyone. It was. It was a really awful experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I reckon your anxiety would have been a factor as well, because it sounds like you started to get a bit paranoid. Oh, my brain shouldn't be doing this so automatically. It's a shit high exactly.
Speaker 1: And then it was a fully catered event. I actually have I found photos the other day, let me get them up. And then it was a catered event because they were very rich. And I went and sat in the study and sat on a chocolate mud cupcake in the velvet chair. It was very expensive, and she got She was very upset and was like, like you should pay for it, but we will. But like that's not on, Like you don't do that at people's houses.
Speaker 5: She don't sit on cupcake cupcakes on a velvet lounge.
Speaker 7: Who does that?
Speaker 1: I did it right, I thought, you said.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought that it was your mistake and that someone left it there.
Speaker 1: It was a dark room.
Speaker 5: He sat down, didn't realize there was a fucking cupcake.
Speaker 1: But fully lip I think I just put it on there to talk to someone because there was a grand piano in the same room, and and they're all on drugs. So everyone's playing fucking glee tracks. And then I sit in this chair that I put a cupcake in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, they're right, you should have paid for that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's not enough talk about me and oh my god, now I'm gonna go right back into it. I had a nose bleed the other night. I woke up and I was covered in blood. Really what happened? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe Hayden finally had enough of the snoring and it was just like it just hit.
Speaker 1: Me, not because I woke up and it was obviously dark, and you know when you touch your nose, you oh, like my nose is running, yeah, yeah, it's running.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, oh, it's actually like actively running right now. And then I like keep looking and I go, oh, that's blood and my nose is bleeding. It turns the light on this blood or over. I don't know what it was, but my nose is bleeding. Do you know what it's happening to me at the moment?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You know how I had that skin condition on my neck. It was like a raizor rash that just wouldn't go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cleared up. Look, oh yay, I mean I only see one giant pixel over zoom. I'm assuming I look like a porcelain doll. Made a mistake.
Speaker 5: But they gave me antibiotics for it. But then as well as that, they gave me an antibiotic cream that you applied not to the area but through your nose. And I just didn't question it. I was like, okay. They were like, you know, it's connected to your science, says I don't know. And so every morning I've had to be basically picking my nose but with this little ointment on the end. And it's I hate it because half the time, even though I've blown my nose and like cleared the area before putting this awful fucking antibodytic cream in, shove it up and I'm like, oh, yep, good, it's illion pull it out. Booger on my finger.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't want to wake up to that. I didn't want to wake up to that. That's just because and you can't just flick a booger. You have to dispose of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm in bed steels.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, do I just wipe?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I shouldn't. No, I shouldn't. I'll get up, I'll get up. I have to say. There's nothing better, maybe add this to the list of drugs and dick than a good nose blow. When you get it out, it's clean and it's a nice tissue. You just you could just pull it away and there's no residual snart and you chuck that and you go, oh, I'm christial clear. It's a nice it's.
Speaker 7: A nice feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Add that in a nice blow a Nico and people can laugh. It's a little street says we're gay.
Speaker 5: Laugh.
Speaker 1: Have you guys heard the new Elton John Doolie a song. It's very good. I have not brilliant, she sings.
Speaker 5: Don't forget copyright laws that were only allowed to play the song if we're critiquing it, So let's critique this bitch.
Speaker 1: Oh true? Okay, yes, well good point, All right, here we go. This is cold Heart and it's got now on it. DJs. That's very nice, very cruisy, interesting beat. I enjoy it.
Speaker 7: I like the beat.
Speaker 1: Elton little things I would have said, when things go right interesting joy, Yeah, may find it with that Elton's being played on Kiss now.
Speaker 5: Sound like him either?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Wait for dinner ready? She's very good, she's great. Read this is Rocketman?
Speaker 10: Ready?
Speaker 1: Do we like it? Mitchell zoned out.
Speaker 7: I like it?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I was googling a song.
Speaker 1: That I wanted you to play after that.
Speaker 7: Okay, No, but you know how she's singing Rocketman?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he should sing levitating Honey's True.
Speaker 1: Should just come in with a shogaro?
Speaker 5: Can I just say I went and saw Elton John live beginning of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I think it might have been.
Speaker 5: And he can't even fine notes he used to.
Speaker 1: No, I saw him live to in the Wollongong Recreational Center. Oh you went to the Woollongong show. Yeah, and no word of a lie. It's a great use of this sound effect again and completely organic. We're all sitting there in the Woongong Recreational Center that they use for fucking tayfairs, and we're sitting there and they're like, Elton was meant to start ten minutes ago, Where the fuck is he? No, this helicopter lands behind the amphitheater without a word of a lie. That all of a sudden out of the blue, Like maybe a minute later, he just begins his first song. It was dancing rock lobs or whatever, fuck his music in then come on, thank thank you so much, wooling god, thank you so much. If one's applauding. And he goes backstage, that was such a that was such a good show, think.
Speaker 9: Thank you, and then looks at his arm woolen gold.
Speaker 1: But then he flies away at the distance behind the stage.
Speaker 5: No, lie, I can't believe that because, like, I've never traveled by helicopter.
Speaker 1: I know, did you wonder?
Speaker 5: I know, ye I, but I can't imagine touching down and then just having to be on I feel like you need a little bit of recuperation, like a bit of downtime before you can, like after being on a chopper. It sounds like being on a plane where you just feel fucked afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah you've been on a chop with Jackie O. What a weird sentence.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's right, I have And oh what really takes it out of your close school disharder views. But you know how we were talking last week about Big Little Lies, that show with Reese with a spoon, Nicole Kidman, what is it is?
Speaker 1: It on Binge now, I think so, because it's HBO, so it's being foxtail. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they always seem to drop on Foxtel when they're doing the week by week release, but then Foxtel own Binge, so once it's done, they just chuck it all on Binge.
Speaker 1: Smart. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the next thing you need to watch, Mitchell if you liked Big Little Lies is Little Fires Everywhere?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, little Fire everyone. Isn't that a book? Is that a novel?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 5: It's another one of those ones where Reese Witherspoon, you know how she's got her own production company. She bought the right so the book turned it into a TV show.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: It's such a fucking roll. Okay, so let me tell you that. But I've just become a Reese with a Spoon stand.
Speaker 1: She's great, great, she's you know, she's like the most out of any female actress in the last year or her net worth is like, she's like the almost a billion richest actress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's not her I don't even reckon it's her acting work.
Speaker 1: It's it's the production company as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I think it is primarily the production company she just.
Speaker 1: Sold it to Apple. She just got rid of it, she sold the production company. Can you find that speech?
Speaker 5: I'm having an I remember I went rogue and with this going on about how much I love Diedough. Recently, I'm having another moment, having a wreath with a spoon appreciation moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you want?
Speaker 5: Look up on YouTube some speech she did, Jenna. Do you remember when it was when she talked about starting the production company and women in film?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, just look up wreath with a spoon speech. Oh, ambition is not a dirty word. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 6: Dread reading scripts that have no women involved in their creation, because in evily I get to that part with the girl turns to the guy and she goes, what do we do now? Now do you know any woman in any crisis situation who has absolutely no idea what to do? So anyway, after I went to visit these studios, I started telling people about this current pipeline and that there was barely any female leads in films and the industry was in crisis.
Speaker 5: And people were aghast.
Speaker 6: That's horrible, they said, And then they changed the subject and move on to their dinner and move on with their lives.
Speaker 1: But I could not change the subject. I couldn't turn to some man and say, what do we do now? This is my life.
Speaker 6: It was time to turn to myself and say, what are we going to do now? Okay, Reese, what are we going to do now? Yes, the answer is really clear. My mother, who's here tonight, very strong, smart Southern woman, said to me, if you want something done, honey, do it yourself. So I started my own production company, Pacific Standard Films, with the mission to tell stories about women. And I was nervous, y'all. I was spending my own money, which everyone in the movie business always tells you don't spend your own money on anything. I was warned that on the crazy chance the Pacific Standard would acquire any good scripts, we would never make it past our few years of business because there just wasn't a market for buying female driven material. But like el Woods, I do not like to be underestimated.
Speaker 1: Love her.
Speaker 6: I am a very avid reader. In fact, I'm a complete book nerd, and so as my producing partner. So we just tore through tons of manuscripts and read so many things before they were published. But we could only find really two pieces of material that we thought were great, and we optioned them with our money and we prayed that they would work. Both were strong, complicated, fascinating women at the center, and both were written by women, and lo and behold, both books hit number one on the New York Times bestseller list in July of twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: That's right, Bitch.
Speaker 6: One was called Gone Girl and the second was called Wild. So we made those two films last year, and those two films grossed over half a billion dollars worldwide. So that was year one, and against the odd specific standard, has had a year two and a year three. We've bought five more best selling books. Next year, we're going to make two of those Big Little Lies and Luckiest Girl Alive into films, and they all have female leads of different ages and different races and different jobs. But our company isn't just thriving because it feels like a good thing to do. It's thriving because female driven films work.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Wasn't that empowering?
Speaker 5: Say that's why she's the highest paid. She's not even in half of those projects that she made.
Speaker 1: She says, Tom. When the production company, shit, what an icon?
Speaker 5: What a brain Ana and oddly enough, I've never seen Legally Blonde.
Speaker 7: What No, you have to?
Speaker 1: I've never seen it? What about I don't have to do anything? Jenna, shut up. I've seen the music, I've seen clips of the musical, but I've never seen I've never seen it.
Speaker 7: You have to. It's just such an easy watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I'm claiming myself to be an el not an Elwoods Reese Witherspoon stand and I probably should watch, you know, Like.
Speaker 7: I said, it's such an easy watch that catalog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be a good Friday night watch me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, we'll see.
Speaker 5: I'm still going on SPU. I'm up to season seventeen. Have you ever committed to a show that goes that long?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: How many? How many seasons are there?
Speaker 5: They're making their twenty third now, But how.
Speaker 1: Can you enjoy it? Isn't every episode standalone? Like how can you enjoy?
Speaker 5: Like it used to be? But in the latest seasons they've started actually following the characters and their development, which I'm really into. They're catering now to like the stand ends like myself, rather than the people that just watch reruns.
Speaker 1: That sounds smart. Watch is doctor Belinda Warner made an appearance Melinda. Yeah, she's like I said, she's a recurring character. She's been bumped and she does bring the and so the crime, the crime, and bring the knowledge. Happy day, Lisas, whatever the fuck that was? You know what I'm watching? It's brilliant. Out of ten, I've never enjoyed something. I haven't enjoyed something this much in years.
Speaker 7: Hacks, I really want to watch that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's right up my alem.
Speaker 7: It looks amazing.
Speaker 1: You love it too much. It's brilliant. What is it? It's basically our dynamic. It's an old, washed up comedian that has a young spring, which one is that, well you didn't let me finish, has a young, sprightly, up and coming comedian to help her out. Who's who? You're the grumpy bitch, Isabella?
Speaker 5: I've got my dog clothes, Isabella wants to get out cost Oh.
Speaker 1: Jesus, sorry, sweetie, proving my point. It's got the pants on, cashed it up. I thought that was Isabella for a second. It was not just a cat for.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, who's the washed up fucking comedian?
Speaker 1: I need to tell me you. No, it was more that you're the old grumpy bitch. Never No, it's Jeane Smart, who's an icon, and she plays like a Joan Rivers character, who is this classic American staple of comedy. But she's now doing Vegas residencies at like seventy seventy five. Ah right, yeah, I've heard the adswer for that. Yeah, brilliant, and her materials sort of waning, and she gets given from a management a young up and coming writer who lost a job, and they work together and it's just hilarious and they argue, but it's so well written. It's fucking hilarious and it's just great, and it's very up our alley. Because I go watch hacks it, I could not recommend it more. I didn't stop laughing, and I sobbed, and I sobbed in the finale and I have not cried a in a show for a long time. Wow.
Speaker 7: Laughter and cried.
Speaker 1: After and crying. It was great.
Speaker 5: Who's the young up and coming writer that is assisting me the old hag in this dynamic?
Speaker 7: Well that would be me.
Speaker 1: All right, we should go. It's been a long fucking show. We did so much. We'll be back next week. Were ready to head off? Guys? Sure? My fies is kicking in. Oh no, what does that mean? It means that there was code in the room. But now I don't have it nice good save No. I feel fine, but I'm just apparently fisa. The vaccine gets you the next day. But I honestly feel fine, and after my first while I felt fine. Do you reckon?
Speaker 5: It's because and I don't mean to sound rude. You reckon, it's because you're like a big guy and not fat. I me, it just means like tall, big in general.
Speaker 1: Fine, everyone I've.
Speaker 5: Known that has, you know, had a vaccine and then they felt a bit lethargic the next day or whatever have been like tiny skinny minies.
Speaker 1: I've been good. Maybe your theory is right, man, that the bigger you are, your body can just handle it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's all thatt is puberly a theory. I feel like there's no medical research to back that fat don't get side effects? Like what do you study his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, the fat fuck study? What do you mean science? Who needs science to back anything? If a videos on the internet, you believe it it's real? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Should I go make a TikTok about how skinny men he's get side effects from the JAB, but big efforts do not.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's wrap the show up. Let's go. What's the tag and I hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better this week? Guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, that is the tagline, but you meant to say way more gently than that.
Speaker 1: Well, I just wanted to bring some up to it up.
Speaker 5: We do hope that this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today.
Speaker 1: That's all just two percent. Yeah, you don't need to fucking shout at them too.
Speaker 7: We already did that to Jack.
Speaker 1: We did, we did. Yeah. Sorry, Jack, love you, darling. We love better Jack. Thank you for joining. I'm having my brain's faltering.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: We've got to go go home. I will go to the go. You're go just because you're already home. I was trying to think of a joke because he was already home, but I've really reached Let's leave it there. Let's leave it there, all right. We'll see you next week. Guys, We love you. See you then? Bye bye?
Speaker 7: Yeah bye?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 7: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast aff