Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today. This episode is recorded on gaddigal Land of the Aurora Nation, the.
Speaker 2: Life on Cut radio show Pretty Hotly Laura Burn right around Australia. Hi everybody, Hi girls.
Speaker 1: Hi Mitch, the guys on Hi, don't I just don't want to fluff around here.
Speaker 3: I've got a problem. I have a problem with the men in Australia right now.
Speaker 1: No, look, not all the men. There are some good men left in Australia. It's the men that you choose.
Speaker 2: At this point is fault.
Speaker 3: I also, I'm at.
Speaker 1: The point where I think we need to stage an intervention for the men that you're attracted to. Okay, Well, I just want to tell you a story. And I guess this is what happens when the dating pool gets smaller you hit your thirties. You know, there's that awkward time where people are already married, they haven't figured out that they want a divorce yet, so.
Speaker 3: There's like there's this time that's even people. There's not a lot of people out.
Speaker 1: There, like the good men eventually come back on the market, but they'll comfort sir. But I was not there, so I I mean in the Eastern Beaches too. It's a bit of a bubble. So I'm in Sydney in the Eastern Beaches now produce a Keisha. She's the one of my really good friends. She produces the podcast. We're both single, we're both online dating, so we we never match with anyone because the Slim Pickings. We were down at the park two weeks ago now maybe, and I was like, I finally matched with one person. I find I'm someone's decent. He was, I mean, had some topless photos.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cute.
Speaker 1: I hate a topless photos. He's so beautiful. I'll show him he is.
Speaker 3: I'll show you Tobe. It's you'll appreciate it more So.
Speaker 1: He was divine with the some bands and I was like, it's been great weeks of chat. She's like, oh my god, I matched with someone too, and I was like, no way. The bands start with her double match and then she's like but he stopped talking to me a couple of days ago. Now went cold and I was like, oh, so did my guy. We're like, oh no, so we swap phones when like, we've been talking to the same guy.
Speaker 3: This is not the end of the world, okay, but.
Speaker 1: We're like, well, it's a bit deep into conversation. Did you get with the same guy? Though we were a few weeks deep of bans like it was, it was going really well.
Speaker 3: I had said, let's meet up. We've got to that point, right, Yeah, the bands might one day get in your pants. Well that was the plan. Then nothing, so we go cold. We forget about it.
Speaker 1: Then Keisha and I a couple of nights later, we're out at the pub having some drinks. In walks this guy, he's a meter away from us.
Speaker 3: We've never met him.
Speaker 1: I look at him, he looks at me, he looks at Keisha. Keisha looks at him. Keisha looks at me. I look at Keisha. There's an awkward love triangle. He doesn't say a word, and then he walked to the other end of the bar. Yeah, so you think he clocked it and he was like, oh, that's both the girls together. Didn't speak, it would.
Speaker 2: Have sunk he would have gone, God, they've got they've teamed up. How do they know?
Speaker 1: But I think this is a good thing, Like he's fine. You don't need if you've been chatting to a guy, he's talking to someone who you're friends with. There's plenty of other fish. I mean, that might be debatable, but there's a lot of other fish in this sa. It doesn't need to be the same person that your friend is also chatting to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So this is the moment where you let it slide, right, You're like, this is he's not a great guy.
Speaker 3: It's not going well, let's let it go.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, he hasn't done anything wrong, but also just the yeah true and then didn't speak to you and yeah, look, I mean I think that there's other people you could pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah cute. So I went on a date with him last night.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: I mean the girl does love a red flag? How did that go? And my wait? A more important question is have you told produced Akisha yet?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have. We think this is funny. There's no secret to you.
Speaker 2: Did he call you kish? Did he get the names mixed up?
Speaker 1: And how many other girls is he talking to on Tinder right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you know what he told me.
Speaker 1: He said a lie. He told me he did not recognize either as the other one.
Speaker 2: He had a red flag on his head.
Speaker 1: Brittany, how did the date go?
Speaker 2: Reeling?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm definitely gonna see him again.
Speaker 1: But the terrible apparently, well, I just want to finish on. I went to drop him home. I was like the boy because I was driving. I want to drop him home. We stopped at the traffic lights.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this is I stopped at.
Speaker 6: The traffic lights.
Speaker 1: Go on, high pitch, it must be good. We stopped at the traffic lights that were close to his house, and he goes, okay, think you guys so much, I'm gonna run, got out of the car, close it all and ran.
Speaker 3: He ran.
Speaker 1: Tell you why because he still lives with his girlfriend. That's why. That's why he ran while the car was still moving.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm going to see him again, and ladies.
Speaker 1: And gentlemen, is the reason why Brittany Hockley is still single. Terrible.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is pretty fun. If you're not in the lifeun Cut radio show Facebook group, you have to. It's like it's own little sub word.
Speaker 1: It's called the life on cut discussion not the group, but if you're from the radio land, you can come join us. We don't discriminate. We love everybody there.
Speaker 3: We had a what interesting conversation in there.
Speaker 1: Recently, a few questions going around about house sitting. Well, I think because everybody's going away on holidays at the moment. People have got dogs, you've got plants, You've got all these things you got to take care of. Now, there was one girl who had written in the Facebook discussion group and she was asking the question. So her boss had said, can you come over and hou sit while we're away? So she said, yeah, no problem, I'll come and I'll house it. But he didn't actually specify whether or not he was going to pay her to come over and house sit for the three weeks that he was off on holidays. Now, this was the conversation she wanted to know. Is it assumed that you get paid for house sitting, especially if it's your boss asking you, or do you just house sit out of the goodness of your own heart because you get a roof over your head and I guess some leftover food in the fridge.
Speaker 3: I think the idea is a no. It shouldn't be assumed.
Speaker 1: But I think that the idea around this is I've done a lot of house sitting in my time overseas, and I did it as a way to save money. You don't get paid for it overseas, but you get free accommodations' pay rent.
Speaker 3: And if it's a like a lot of.
Speaker 1: People that get housed as living these big beautiful houses.
Speaker 3: So the idea is you.
Speaker 1: Get to live in luxury for a couple of weeks, like we don't pay you, but look at the house you live in. So I think you definitely need to have the conversation. It cannot be assumed. Yeah, but all find if you're a backpacker in another country. But if you've got to pay rent in your own house, that's like, you know, five hundred meters down the road or in another suburb. It's just annoying staying at someone else's house because then you've got to go home.
Speaker 3: And get a mansion on Dover Heights.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think if you're going to have someone house it and it's not saving them any money because they've still got to pay rent in their own home, then I think you've got to pay.
Speaker 2: Them especially if it's a boss. You can't get your employee in your house and not pay them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. On top of that too, it's not just that you're come into staying this nice house. If you've actually asked someone to come and do the work. You're walking in the dog, you're feeding the cat, you're taking them out to go to it like you're doing extra. Then yeah, there definitely needs to be a conversation about the money. And that's annoying because like, if you're there and you're taking care of their pets or whatever, you've got to be on their schedule. You've got to make sure you take I fell out for his afternoon poop. You've got a feat Like, there's responsibilities there. Do you know when I was house sitting over in England This is a true story. I was house sitting for this really rich family, a beautiful mansion in the woods.
Speaker 3: The dog died.
Speaker 1: While you were house sitting. Well, I'm going to guess they didn't pay you.
Speaker 3: They definitely did not. He went out into the woods and he was the prized possession.
Speaker 2: He never came.
Speaker 1: Back all that. He disliked you that much. He ran away and died, but they found him though they found they found him, and they won't even they won't anger at me. It turns out that he had They did some checks, you know, they paid the extra money for the cat skins. He had like a heart murmur, and he just passed away at eight. It was just very this bad timing. I mean, cause you have a profile when you house sits, so people can go and comment this is that is traumatic. That is traumatizing for you. Case having a pet die when you're the house sitter. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: I wanted to run away. I was like, how do I even tell them? How do I say? Hey, I know I had one job here I.
Speaker 2: House set for a friend in was a haunted house and I ended up paying for sage to do a sale or not.
Speaker 6: Yes, my good friend.
Speaker 2: I said, hey, there's scratch marks on the wall. They went, this is true story. They went, they weren't scratch marks. When they got back, they went, there were scratch marks. I didn't do them. Another did we A ghul scratched the walls. So I got saved, and I saved the whole house.
Speaker 1: You just made me feel physically ill. I get to his my eydes because I believe in goes. I think there were something in that house. Okay, I'm going to getting back to whether or not people need to pay. This is we I've gotten off track and stuff has gotten wild. We want to know if you've got someone staying in your house, do you pay them or is it just the kindness of your own heart? Yes, that you're doing your house citting.
Speaker 2: Well, there's something we do here on the show. Five calls says it all. We get five calls and we see where the tally lies. At the end, it's either going to be yes, or it's either going to be no pay or you do it for free.
Speaker 3: Just don't kill the dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking your calls to the lifephone cart radio show. Right around Australia, we're in the middle of a very heated debate.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was very dramatic music listen.
Speaker 2: Someone posted in the life Phone Cut discussion group on Facebook they were asked a house sit their home by their boss and they weren't paid. So the discussion is, should you be paid if you were house sitting a house for a friend, for a boss, whoever it may be, Should you be paid for your services?
Speaker 6: Laura?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 1: And it was very divided. It was a heated, heated discussion, and I think you should absolutely be paid. It's a job. Keeping a dog alive as a job.
Speaker 3: I think it's dependent on the situation.
Speaker 1: I think if it's got to say yes or no, it's a beautiful big mansion, yes or no, baby, yes, with considerations.
Speaker 2: We're making the calls of the Australian public. Five calls says it all, and by the end we will have a result. Let's go to the phone. It's extra drama. I'm starting that again. There's a lot Gina on thirteen one sixty five. Gina to be paid or not to be paid for house sitting. Hello.
Speaker 5: I think it's kind of depending on the relationship you have with them, Like if it's a bit of a working relationship, then yeah, you probably should be paid, Gina.
Speaker 1: We need a yes or no. Yeah, take a side, get off that fence, Gina. It's a yes, yes, yes, a lot to pay them. Yes, we love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Gena, you got there in the end. Crystal thirteen one o six five is it yeay or is it may?
Speaker 5: It's a may? You did expect to be paid. I just think that you should expect them to return the fame for you.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, I don't want my boss coming to my house. No, tell the head of around they can't come stay at my house.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Crystal. Let's move on, so it's one one each, Dear Paula, Hello, Paula.
Speaker 3: Yes or no, Paula, you feel like a yes absolutely?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I got that vibe, Paula.
Speaker 6: Good absolutely responsibility, Like you're looking after your house animals.
Speaker 7: If you're doing you're doing a job basically, so you should be getting paid.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: And I killed my own plants, so if I have to be responsible for someone.
Speaker 3: Else, I would never get everything would be dead.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Paula.
Speaker 2: Harriet, Yes or no? Should you be paid if you were asked to house sit?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: I used to do it all the time when I was younger, Like I just finished school. I was, you know, at UNI.
Speaker 6: It wasn't my job. I had a job.
Speaker 7: I went to UNI. It was just a fun way to get out and have my own space, like I was playing Bill Barry.
Speaker 3: Did a dog die on your watch too?
Speaker 7: No, a dog did not die on more responsible than all of us.
Speaker 2: You've got one up, all right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Time, breakup.
Speaker 2: The nose have to the yeses have too. I'm going to do it again. This is a final call. Five calls.
Speaker 1: Does everyone have anxiety from this year?
Speaker 2: Anxiety in general?
Speaker 1: Yes, I see yes, life, something terrible, bad and foreboding is about to happen here, bitch.
Speaker 2: What's it going to be?
Speaker 1: A yes or no? Gees?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, No, let's find out. Gemma in Harris Park. Hello, ended for us? Should you be paid to house it? Yes or no?
Speaker 6: Big yes?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, Well show me the money, honey, that's laurl about here. Yeah, I've said it all.
Speaker 3: It is a yes, So you should be paid to house suit.
Speaker 1: No. One should be doing anything for free these days.
Speaker 3: Like it's a mansion, I will do it for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless I can come to live in your mansion with zero responsibilities.
Speaker 2: I will do it. Yeah yeah. Or you kill their dog and then pay for the vet bills in the cremation.
Speaker 6: Ho would do that now?
Speaker 3: It is a thirty four year old in your mansion.
Speaker 2: A democracy lives on here at the lifelun Cut Radio show.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not really the high end democracies.
Speaker 2: It it's like a small Italian village. We're doing an ask uncut.
Speaker 3: This is ask uncut. This is one of our favorite segments.
Speaker 1: You guys, we write in questions to us your deepest, darkest dilemmas well, some of them actually aren't that deep and dark, and we do our best to give you our advice. Now, we're not overly qualified, but we're very passionate. And Laura, you have a question in your hot little hand. I do Hi, girls, I've just found out that my partner of over a year has an app in his phone, one of those vault type apps that has nude photos of every girl that has ever sent him a spicy pig. He said that he doesn't really look at them, but I feel so uncomfortable about it. Why would he still have them? Am I completely crazy to think this isn't okay? Do you keep old nudes? Please help?
Speaker 3: He one hundred looks at them?
Speaker 1: You don't have a secret photo vault app that you keep every nude in and then say I don't actually really look at them though? Why do you have the photovolt? Have you ever been in this situation? Have you ever dated a guy and then found out that he had nudes of his ex? I don't think I have But I have a friend who this happened to literally like a month ago. She's in a relationship. She found a vault on his phone. This actually probably written in by her, who knows.
Speaker 3: She had a vault.
Speaker 1: He had a vault with his ex girlfriends, just one all her nudes in it, and I think some sex tapes as well. Now this doesn't sit right with me because I don't think if you're in a relationship and you love each other and it's committed, I don't think you should have access to a plethora of nude photos from every person you have ever been with in your life. I mean, do you have to delete them entirely or can you just put them on a computer somewhere that you don't look at them very often? Okay, hell, why are carrying them around on your phone?
Speaker 3: I'm getting a vibe that maybe you'd still.
Speaker 1: Got some news on your phone.
Speaker 6: This was you. You have to.
Speaker 1: Actually completely delete them from your life. This question came in from Maddie Jay. No, I've been in this situation. I actually dated a guy who had a secret app in his phone. It was a calculator and it was only that I found out that this calculator app if you put in a special code into the calculator, it opened up as a photo vault.
Speaker 3: How did you even discover that we're trying to do some mathematics? One day in the vault opened THO I was actually I was.
Speaker 1: I was away on holidays. I had read an article, a tech article about this app and how kids were using it to fool their parents. And my boyfriend at the time was a bit look, he was a bit crap and I thought, you know what, I bet he has that app? And I picked up his phone. I did he buddy had the app. Anyway, it caused many fights. He would never show me what was in it, but I did find out eventually, and yeah, it was a lot of photos of his ex I don't recommend it. I think that if your boyfriend's saying that it's okay because he only looks at them sometimes, you probably should get a new boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I would recommend that you delete.
Speaker 1: You get him to delete that app, and if he's arguing the point with you, if he says that he doesn't want to delete, that he needs it for some sort of resource or back up, then I would be leaving that relationship very quickly.
Speaker 3: Get a subscription to porn Hub.
Speaker 1: If you guys have a question that you want us to answer, I slide on into our DM's Life on Cut podcast on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Let us know.
Speaker 1: It could be deep, dark and dirty, or it could be really lighthearted, but we will do our best to answer them here on Life on Cut Radio show with Bret Hockey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: Ladies, are we excited for the Block tomorrow night? It's premiering tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I love the Block?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I also love that it's become quite dramatic. There's always a bit of spicy fights that happened there day makes me like it just really makes me think, I'll never have that a really nice house or a spicy house spouse to fight with a nice house.
Speaker 3: So I feel like all of the above.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of the block is when the judges enter and they judge. Oh they're so good. I love them all. My favorite is Shana Blaze. She's an award winning interior designer. Of course you judge on the Block. She joins us. Now, Hello, Shane, I welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 6: How could I not be excited about that introduction? Thank you?
Speaker 1: The man knows how to do an introduction, Shana, I am so excited to speak to you. We are in the crux of renovating a house ourselves and we are making a lot less mistakes. But before we get into talking about the absolute mess that is my current renovation situation, I want to know what is the worst house that you think has been renovated on the block? Oh, the worst house, Yes, let's focus on the negatives. I'm definitely the optimistic one of this, of course with Laura. So do you know why? Because we see so many nice ones? They always look nice, and that's what TV sometimes does. And I want to know which one did you walk into and go, oh, dear, Look.
Speaker 6: I think they all have this essences, o dear, because we do like I think as an overall that's a bit hard to do. But I can tell you a couple of the space that I went o Deer and that was like one of my first couple of ones, which was the high rise one where it was tricks in john O. They had completely run out of money, but I had the outdoor terrace and literally it was just like a water feature and a cup of pebbles on the.
Speaker 5: Part of the floor and it.
Speaker 6: Was just like, you have to be kidding me and those people. You keep trying just look at your budget, be careful, be careful, and like just a bag of pebbles and it was just like, I think one of them wasn't even open.
Speaker 1: I mean, my dog, Delilah, I have a bag of pebbles and water feature in her kennel, so I feel like she's doing better.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, I reckon anything was going to be an improve.
Speaker 1: Shana. I feel like, I mean, I could be getting my wires cross here, but I come from a bachelor background, so it does.
Speaker 3: Laura, I feel like this is supposed to be about.
Speaker 1: Building and design and architecture, but there seems to be every year some more scandals, some more flights, some.
Speaker 3: Lovey lovey tiars.
Speaker 1: Is this season going to be more about the drama or is shifting into some sort of like marrit at first sight bachelate territory?
Speaker 6: Oh Lordie, you're what you're thinking?
Speaker 2: Why supping and whom scot caam one can only hope.
Speaker 6: Look, I think the thing is you can never gauge how it's going to go because the tension and the stress of like the weather, the weather is absolutely areezing, like frosts and the wind. So the conditions were bad. We were people were running out of budget, so there was a lot of things that you don't have to manufacture any sort of like ardibargie, because the elements in all those situations just make you fraught and make people sort of not only just to have each other, but turn on yourself. So I think you're going to just see not so much argibargie with other people, but sort of in their own couple, of their own team, and then also what they do to themselves, because it's just it's highly stressful, and I don't think you know you're living until you pushed you into this arena.
Speaker 1: I mean to be fair, I usually end up in the argument after going into our care for a day, so I can relate to this those people do.
Speaker 3: That's why you stay single.
Speaker 2: Guys really quickly, Shane, I want to know in the promo you're riding a horse. Now, did they get a stunt Shana or is that actually you riding that horse?
Speaker 6: How good am I? I am so frickin' amazing at myself? How great I am?
Speaker 1: Perfact?
Speaker 6: No, it was a stunt double. It was a stunt double. Oh it was this gorgeous girl who was actually also doing work behind seeing work and everything on the brayer. And anyway, I feel very sorry for her because she was about twenty two and I looked at and I think this is great for my ego yours.
Speaker 3: We haat her up a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's okay, oh, Shana. Well, we're very excited for the block at premieeres tomorrow night at seven on Channel nine. Now, we want you to stick around for a second, Shana, because Maddie Jay and are very on Laura Burn are renovating their house and Laura hat she's torn. She's got quite a few options, so she's going to bring you her options, and she wants you to, via a process of elimination, whittle them down and help her pick the best items for ultimate resale on her house.
Speaker 6: Am I going to Am I going to pit Mattie Jay against Laura at the point.
Speaker 2: That's why we're doing it.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm really good at that, so my honesty prevail. Oh, I'm waiting. I can't wait for this bit.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so what's going on, Lauria. You're renovating with Maddie.
Speaker 1: Well, so we are. Yeah, we bought a house last year. We're going to start the renovations. We're all in the midst of like the actual planning phase. But there's been a few things that we can't see eye to eye on and for us, like one of the things is like, we want it to be a home that we can live in that's functional for our needs but also has good resale value. Yes, And so there's a couple of different things that we're tossing up at the moment that we're like, well, what would that look like if it was to go back on the market, and where are we going to get the best, you know, bang for our buck. Basically, Okay, I'm going to kick it off.
Speaker 2: We want to music. Music, all right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there's one thing that we've been arguing about quite a bit lately, and now it's all around kitchen. Do you think it's more important to have a butler pantry or a butler.
Speaker 6: Butler's pantry, But if the butler has his shirt off, makee that would be.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. I mean, personally, I'd go for the butler, the topless butler.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Number two, would you prefer a food incinerator or a fireman pole.
Speaker 3: Now I think carefully. This is resale, all.
Speaker 6: Right, I think of food in sin Corona. It's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Those things will be dangerous, though. What have you got kids in the house? Fire and poles not size. There's plenty of other uses here.
Speaker 6: No, unless you're going to be bridget Joones.
Speaker 1: No, okay, all right? What about plantation shutters or a bidet?
Speaker 6: Oh, for God's sake, it made it so easy for me would.
Speaker 2: Use them.
Speaker 1: You can't go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We are in Bali a couple of weeks ago, now Shana, and we love the day. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Okay, I tell you the functions these days. You'll never the bathroom.
Speaker 3: And the seeds are heated.
Speaker 1: There's a spray, light spray, hard spray, emotional spray.
Speaker 3: This a lot, okay? And what about and this is a real this.
Speaker 5: Is for me.
Speaker 3: I'm torn. I'm very torn.
Speaker 1: A herb garden or a sex room?
Speaker 6: Well for resale, it depends on the demographic. So where is the house being sold?
Speaker 3: I mean everyone grows up at some stags.
Speaker 1: It's in Bangalo. But I feel like, you know, I always kill plants, So I'm boot worried. Yea garden by the time I'm finished.
Speaker 6: It's safer to kill the plants than each other in a sex room.
Speaker 1: I think anyone that's at the age that they're buying a house is going to be having sex.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Brittany.
Speaker 2: Are you and Maddie? We should confirm, are you guys?
Speaker 1: We have two children, but they were both immaculate conception. We still just hold Okay, last question, this is truly where we're at. It's a biggie.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: What is more important in a house? A feature ware or a mirror above the bed.
Speaker 6: Your themes have really got me. You've got the pole, you've got the sex room, You've.
Speaker 3: Got the mirror above the shades of gray? Or is this the blog? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean we are from the you've already told you having.
Speaker 2: She's got issues. She does know.
Speaker 1: It's we've got the ring light. It's just so Matt can check himself like he looks beautiful. It's there's nothing going on.
Speaker 2: It's just so he can see no one looks good birds. I knew nobody.
Speaker 1: There is the mirror of the roof for the toppler's butler.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Shana, thanks for joining us. It's we cannot wait. Tomorrow night is the premiere.
Speaker 2: Of the block Ye seven o'clock on Channel nine. Chuck is Shaner. We can't wait to watch.
Speaker 3: Bye th Shana.
Speaker 6: You guys are hilarious.
Speaker 3: Thank you. We'll record that put in our set.
Speaker 2: By all right, guys, stand by next we are we're unpacking Brittany's airport dilemma. She's had a big issue at an airport brick. Right, it's not it's not nice.
Speaker 1: Look, it's not a big issue, but it's one of those things that's a bit of a pet peeve.
Speaker 3: Are those things that really grind you?
Speaker 2: We all have them? Yeah, when you're traveling. Is it annoying that we keep saying we all got back from Barich?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? We can stop talking about this. But why I think that what this conversation is relevant is because so many people are traveling at the moment and it's annoying. Like it is annoying to see people traveling and having a great time on Instagram. So we don't want to talk about how wonderful travel is because I want to mute those people. I don't want to see it anymore. I don't want to about it.
Speaker 3: Person Laura, but not anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm in this room. What we were talking about just before is like, what is the things that go wrong or the pet peeves.
Speaker 3: That you have when you are traveling.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got one and this is a bit of a PSA. I want everybody listening to really take this on board when you go to the airport next time, because it really grinds my gears. You've gotten off your plane, You've gone to the buggy, You've gone to the baggage to pick up your luggage. You trying to say baggage and luggage simultaneously. Gage buggy to the gage, I get off my buggy to the buggage luggage pick up that you you go to the baggage pickup and the baggage does to come around the people. If everyone stands right one to two meters back from the carousel, that means everybody there, every citizen can see their bag coming. What people do is they step up their knees, their shins are touching the carousel. Nobody else can see their luggage, so everyone has to move forward and then it is an absolute shit fight. So we've just done two three years of social distancing, keeping a meter back social distance to the carousel when it comes to getting your baggage. But also, don't you think like that's the one time when people are so wildly selfish and it's the equivalent of when you're driving down a freeway and someone just won't let you merge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, oh they block you off?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I hate as well is automated check in desks, Like we can barely do self servant calls people. How do you think we can check into an international flight with a computer. I want to talk to someone in a lovely skirt and a little cravat try and get a free upgrade.
Speaker 1: Then it says when you check in right through all these buttons, you press everything, you put your passport in.
Speaker 3: Then it says, oh, sorry, you need to see someone at the desk. Yes, okay. Why did I spend fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Trying to train to put a bag tag on? I always get it wrong and to stick it on the wrong.
Speaker 1: Pressure when you have to label them to get exactly you have to put the bag tag on. I was like, I'm sure they go through so much rigorous training to figure that one out. My pet peeve when it comes to like airport travel has to do with actually being on the plane. I'm I am such a proficient sleeper. I can sleep anywhere. I can sleep anytime. It doesn't matter what's going on. I could bit a concert and I could have a nap. So like, as soon as I get on a plane, I'm like, I'm ask on nap. Why why wake someone up? Why wake someone up to ask if they want food? Why you don't need to just let me sleep the whole time.
Speaker 3: I'd rather get woken up for food. I always wake up. But I've missed all the food, that all my neighbor's taken my meal.
Speaker 2: But maybe you've got sleep happening. You should be tested.
Speaker 1: They tried to wake you up three times, couldn't get there. Okay, my last peeve, and this is it, my last peeve. When the plane pulls up, everyone can get up off. When everyone frantically jumps up like no one's getting off the plane, guys, the doors are closed, the stairs haven't been wheeled over by but but it's not even that's everyone jumps up right. And then when everyone can finally walk out, the people that don't let you in. So when you're closest to the door, it's your time to exit your row, and they don't let you down the aisle.
Speaker 3: I think that is the height of rudeness.
Speaker 1: I have the feeling that you just have a problem with people who congregate, like that's Britney's problem around the baggage in the aisle.
Speaker 3: Any congregation Brittie's against.
Speaker 2: She also hates skate parks and she hates protests looking that way, Yes, what is your airport? Pet pee? If you travel, pet peeve, give us a call. We'll get you on next. A lot of traveling happening in the world, a lot of luggage issues happening in the world, and traveling can be amazing when you're there. But the pet peeves that people have about travel it's through the roof. You've got some brand, Yeah, I've got a couple. I had a very long list. I didn't know it was long until I started.
Speaker 1: Actually, well, I feel like we also want to make people who aren't traveling right now feel better about the fact that they're not traveling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very true. True. So what's your airport? Pet pee? If you travel? Pet peeve? Ellie thirteen one I six five high.
Speaker 1: Hi, hi, Ellie.
Speaker 5: So when you are traveling and you've got a flight to catch, or in my case the other day, I was already on the flight and they decide to get your back off the flight and just sort of let you wander back into the air court without having the slightest clue what's going on.
Speaker 1: They didn't Was it just you, were you arrested by the police, or was the whole plane told.
Speaker 5: To get off? It was the entire plane was told to get off.
Speaker 1: Do you know what that sort of to me? Reeks off, That reeks of technical issues and the plane shouldn't be in the air. I think i'd be happy about that one.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be on that plane.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that plane should be going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Nothing worse than the captain announces the reason for the delay is technical issues, and about nine minutes later it's fixed. Okay. Nothing takes nine minutes.
Speaker 1: To fix on, especially the engine when there's like engine lights on. Guys, just give us a hot.
Speaker 2: Second blake on thirteen when I six five? What's your pet peeve buddy?
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, what about these bloody men advocates who were standing right at the very of.
Speaker 6: The bag carrousel?
Speaker 4: You know where all your bags come out, They've got to stand right there the shoulder. You They're blocking everyone from being able to see which bag's coming through. You're sort of doing that stupid little jump that you do. You know, you stand behind them and you're doing the little hot Can I.
Speaker 5: See my bag?
Speaker 6: Can I see my bag?
Speaker 3: Why? Blake, you are the man of my dream?
Speaker 1: I just said the exact same thing. I think, I don't know, maybe we should meet up in the barrack bag though. The amount of rage that you are displaying about this situation, I feel like you've this has really hit home for you. This has happened recently. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just flying back from the GOLDI the other day, and I don't know if you saw all the footage, but the airports were packed, absolutely packed. Just stand back a little bit bit, a bit of shoulder with the pipe. Wasn't that what we were supposed to be doing for all these last years?
Speaker 1: You just listening to the.
Speaker 3: Literally just you have just said word for word what I my pet, Peeve was what I've just ran into.
Speaker 2: Colors your hair, Blake, you're tall, or send us a picture.
Speaker 1: I'll get right on that. This is the public service announcement.
Speaker 2: Everyone needs than you like, oh god, that's the end of us. So we do not the end of us, just for today. We're back next week.
Speaker 1: Is we are back next week and we have a cracking podcast episode coming out on Tuesday that is with Alexis Fernandez. She is a master's in euroscience.
Speaker 3: She has a master's in yours.
Speaker 1: She's physically a master.
Speaker 2: She's a degree.
Speaker 1: She's a piece of paper that you put on the wall. No, but the episode is so good because, like we talk a lot on the podcast about heartbreak, about like going through the motions, what that does to us, But she is talking about what is the effect on the brain during heartbreak, Like what actually happens to us? Why do we feel so crazy? Why do we feel so like bereft or heartbroken or you know, And she's unpacking kind of like what's happening on a physiological level that actually makes us react the way that we do, And a lot of really serious important stuff like why is makeup sex so good?
Speaker 3: So the stuff that we really.
Speaker 1: Wanted to know, you know, yeah, the really important stuff. The master's degree on the wall, let's talk about sex, baby, But that is all coming up on Tuesday's episode, and that's it for us. Don't forget so you mum, do your don tell you dog, do your friends, and share the love because we love
Speaker 3: Love you guys always,