Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Live Uncut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and this, guys, is our last episode. We're breaking up. Don't be dramatic. It's over. We're having a break, even though we don't believe in breaks. Really, we have done an episode on it. Look it was a good run. But you know, sometimes people drift apart. All good things must come to an end temporarily.
Speaker 1: Yes, Look, we're having We're having a couple of weeks off because I'm having a baby. But also I'm pretty sure by the time this episode comes out, I'm going to have had a baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're recording right now. What day the week is it?
Speaker 1: Today is Saturday, So it's nine pm on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: Actual night. The US have a life.
Speaker 1: Brick came over at six point thirty and we were going to start recording this episode and we didn't quite get there until now.
Speaker 2: It's a story of my life. We sat down and we had a yarm, we got some takeaway. We actually had a really great night, and then we're like, oh my god, we have to record the podcast. Fucking work to do. No, it's really exciting. It is our last episode for a couple of weeks. We are taking a short, little intermission while Laura has a baby, which I think you guys hopefully expect. There's no way Laura can pump a baby out and then get back on the pod. I'm going to go away for a little bit. Laura's going to have some really nice bonding time with her family, and apparently I'm not a part of that, so I had to get out.
Speaker 1: It's only a couple of weeks, and we will keep you guys updated if you want to jump on Instagram as well.
Speaker 2: Life Uncut Podcast.
Speaker 1: Look, we're thinking three weeks, maybe four weeks max, but we're just going to feel it out over the next couple of.
Speaker 2: I'm actually pushing for four weeks purely because I know Laura's a workaholic and I think she needs that little bit of time. But let's just see what happens, and Brinnie wants a holiday. Let's I'm just being altruistic or realistic, well, a bit of a bit of baby really, all of the abot. The other reason this is an exciting episode, guys, is I just I feel like it's been a little while since it's just Laura and myself in here having a chat. This is like old school og life on cut. We've had a lot of back to back interviews lately, which, mind you, we actually really love. I have been loving talking to new people and learning new things and getting new perspectives on things, and also just having someone else to talk to you other than Laura, even though I love her. But it's really nice to get back to basics and get back to where we begun.
Speaker 1: So what we're going to be talking about in today's episode, give you a little teaser just to wet your appetite and keep your hanging on. We're talking about something that I've actually been really excited to do this episode for quite a long time. And the conversation is around is love enough in a relationship?
Speaker 2: Is it enough? And we're going to.
Speaker 1: Unpack that, but not yet, so hold on to your nickers, ladies and gentlemen. Firstly, Okay, before we get into the episode, I want to give a couple of recommendations because I have been spending a lot of time on the couch and a lot of time in front of the TV in the past week.
Speaker 2: So you've been binge watching some shows. Yes, what you've been watching, So I have.
Speaker 1: To for anybody who is die hard true crime documentary. If that's up your alley and that's getting you really excited, then I want to recommend on Netflix there's a series called The Nightstalker and it's all about an LA based serial killer from like the early nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: It's so good. I feel like I would love that. I am a true crime junkie. I don't know if we actually speak about that a lot on the podcast. Well, this isn't a true crime podcast, okay, So something about me that you guys might not know, I'm going to share it with you. I am a true crime junkie, like through and through. I have listened to I reckon eight hundred episodes plus of true crime, every podcast out there, all the top podcasts. I'm obsessed with it. I used to want to be a detective, that I wanted to be a criminal psychologist, and I want to do anything within true crime. I just loved it. So I think I'm gonna love this show. I like that insight into you. I didn't know. Yeah, thanks, I thought that you were all just about relationship podcasts. If we did that, how well do you know Brittany because which I had to do for you a few weeks back. We had to do it, Brittany, how well do you know Laura tests which she sprung on me. I didn't even have time to research it, and I actually still did really well. I won. If you had to do that on me, I don't reckon you'd win. I would win. I know your middle name. It's Mayo. Okay, everyone knows.
Speaker 1: Now, there you go anyway. Okay, So Night's Talker. Night Stalker is my number one recommendation.
Speaker 2: It is very full on, not for the faint hearted, and it'll make you pretty squeamish. But it's about this very prolific serial killer that was rocking around La. And the thing that makes this series really unique is, like anyone who's into serial killer documentaries, you would know that usually they can profile them, like usually there's a type, and it might be that the serial killer goes after prostitutes, or they go after women of a certain age, or they go after men of a certain you know whatever, ethnicity, but there is the pattern. There was no pattern to this. This guy was breaking into houses and killing old people, young people. There is so much going on in this it's definitely pretty dark and yeah, massive trigger warning to anybody who doesn't like true crime stuff. But for those of you who do, that's my number one recommendation. My number two, which I've just binge watched five episodes in the last day, is the undoing on Binge with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. I have not even heard of that. Oh that's a weird combination. Neither of them.
Speaker 1: As actors do I particularly like normally? Is that that's going to be someone's going to come back and hate me for that. Don't slide into the dms.
Speaker 2: Definitely controversial. I think they're both brilliant in their own way. But I do love I have a crush on Hugh Grant because he's always in like notting Hill and those romantic comedies and when you're you're a young teenager, he was like the heart throb. He had the accent, he dressed well, he was just goals.
Speaker 1: I think notting Hill is probably the one exception, maybe because he was always that cliche heart throat that I was like, Nah, I see through this clever rouge and it is about a kind of who done it murder mystery. I mean, I'm only up to episode five so I'm not sure yet, but I feel like he's this really suave narcissist. But I don't know whether he is capable of committing murder or maybe Nicole Kimmen did it.
Speaker 2: I really don't know. I actually want to watch both of them. They're right up my alley perfect. So I'm going to bring in my own recommendations. My recommendations are now, guys, these are not hot tape. But I was just slow to the party. The Queen's Gambit, Oh, it's so good. It was. I finally got there. You know, when you hear about something, you've seen it everywhere. Everyone who's anyone is talking about it, and I was like, I'll get to it one day. I was like, it can't be that good. It's about a game of chess. Finally got to it, and I am obsessed. It's insane. I don't know how they have made a show that is literally it doesn't have a lot of dialogue. It's about chess. I'm on the edge of my seat the whole time, and nothing's even happening in it except like they're making these chess moves. And I was like, this is brilliant cinematography. Brilliant acting, brilliant writing.
Speaker 1: The thing with Queen's Gambit, though, that I felt like Marley robbed about, is that when I started watching it, I thought it must have been based loosely around a true story, Like I thought there must have been some sort of reality to it. And then obviously I got on Google it's completely fictional, and I was like, oh, I feel robbed.
Speaker 2: I feel like this should have been a true story.
Speaker 1: I want some poor orphan girl to become a chess icon and that I was like hoping that that was going to be the outcome, but it definitely wasn't.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Okay, the other one's not a hot take either.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be like, it's really great. I watched it back in nineteen ninety five. It's Titanic, No, but it's Bridgitton. Have you watched Bridgeton? I haven't started. But do you know what in the Facebook group, there've hundreds of people who have been like, you need to get on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is my problem with Bridgeton. I do have a problem. I'm not obsessed with it, but I can't stop watching it. It's got just the right amount that you're like, I need to know what happens next, but you don't go to bed thinking about it. It's the innocence. She doesn't know how a baby's made, she doesn't know what sex is, she doesn't know what masturbation is, and it's very sexual. She ends up learning about masturbation and she does things like that. So there's this sexual tension that is constantly building. The other thing is the main character. The man is hot as fuck, like so he's like a hot tmili. He's so spicy if you guys haven't seen him, he's a dream boat. So this is definitely a series that you don't watch with your dad. Don't watch it with your boyfriends either, unless you fast forward to the sex. But they will hate the show like it is not a man's show.
Speaker 1: Okay, so on last episode, you guys know that I missed out in the ask gun cut, still feeling dirty about It's still sad that, like Britain, Matt had so much fun with it.
Speaker 2: Actually had so much fun, and not that it was like without you, but we did have a great time. I was on the bed, I was watching that sounded really weird. I talked about how weird my hands were.
Speaker 1: I was in the bedroom watching the two of you record, and it took every inch of my self control to not jump onto one of the microphones. But what I was gonna say is that in that last episode ask Guncut, you guys talked about jackhammering as a conversation, like why is it that men feel like it's okay to go straight to Poundtown and not do any of the warm up?
Speaker 2: And like is that a normal thing? Does it feel good?
Speaker 1: So somebody actually messaged about Bridgeton and they were like, have you not noticed that he just goes to Poundtown?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, he does nothing for her. He's just a jackhammer. He's quite a selfish lover.
Speaker 1: Well, he's perpetuating the stereotypes and I'm not here for it.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if I mean, I wonder if back then they knew about that stuff and they experimented like that. I don't know, but he definitely, I think the most he does. I think like he fingered it once. Speaking of being fingered, I just I'm handing this to you on a platt. This is a great segue speaking of being fingered, guys.
Speaker 1: I had a really great experience yesterday for anybody who is pregnant or who has had a baby. If you're pregnant, you're probably and you know, not a full term. You may not have got there yet, but it's coming. I went saw my obstetrition yesterday and I got a stretch and sweep. Now, a stretch and.
Speaker 2: Sweep I like to call it the sweep and finger yesta is what it feels like. So a stretch and sweep is where your obstitution or a midwife will put their fingers up inside you and try and stretch the membranes of your uterus and they sweep their fingers. Basically, they're sweeping their fingers over the sack that holds the baby. And what that does is like it it creates this hormone, and the hormone release is to help to try and put you into labor. Like there is science behind it, there is, But.
Speaker 1: It is like getting the most aggressive fingering of your entire life.
Speaker 2: It is just fancy word for fingering.
Speaker 1: And I have been fingered twice now by a man who I've only met several times.
Speaker 2: I paid him nine thousand dollars to do it. You are living, girl, You are living. That was like did he make eye contact with you? And he did this. This is fine, let's go go into those details. No. But I think this is really interesting because for someone that hasn't had a child, or if you don't know about that, or you're not close with anyone that has had a baby, like I'm not close to a lot of people that have had kids. I work in the medical industry, and I still didn't know you had to go and get fingered before you get better.
Speaker 1: You don't have to look, it's an elective thing. Basically, if you want to try and induce labor, it's because I'm booked in for an induction. So to try and get things going and not have to go down the route of having a medical induction, which is when they'll hook you up to hormones, they can try a stretching suite, which works for some women.
Speaker 2: I think it works for like one in seven women or something. So seen as though, this is the last time we will all be hearing from you before you have another child, which is really exciting. I feel like you and I have sort of just like swept it under the table, you're having a baby, like it's always like it's not happening. No, I feel like we talk about it on every single thing. We don't think about what it means. Like we talk about it, but I don't think that in a week when I come back from vac there's going to be like an infant here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's gonna be another human in that pile of washing right there. I'm gonna put it in the drawer. We still don't have anything organized, We still don't have a name, We still haven't bought it any clothes. This is how middle child or like second child syndrome starts. Marley had everything set up, and I've had so many people messed with me on Instagram being like, hey, sure us a picture of the nursery, and I was like, nursery.
Speaker 2: Right, mate, just sleeping under the podcast desk leaves in the bedroom, ridiculous summertime. All the kid needs is a nappy and a boob, Like it's fine, no, But because it is the last time that we will be speaking to you, do you get nervous about Like do you get anxious thinking about what your body is about to do? Thanks reminding me about, Hey, that's what I'm here for. Okay, we're going there.
Speaker 1: I feel less nervous about birth this time round than what I think I did last time. Last time, I was nervous, but I did know what I was in for, so I kind of didn't dwell on it too much. And this time, I know what I'm in for, and I know that I'm gonna have an epidural. I'm not even going to try and tell myself, oh, we'll try and do it natural. Like I went down that train of thought last time with Mali, and I am not strong enough.
Speaker 2: People, so I have. Literally I'm like, I don't worry. I've shaved my back. No, I haven't, really, I don't need to, but I'm feeling very hairy at the moment. Guys.
Speaker 1: I'm like, my back is prepped. Stick that needle in. I've already got an alcohol swab, I've wiped it all down. Just get the epidural in me. So go back up into the room we are, so, I think, because I know that I have the pain medication to lean back into. Literally, I feel less anxious about it. Do you know what the one thing, the one thing that I think I'm the most fearful of, it's not about having a baby, it's not about giving birth. The thing that I'm most fearful of is going from having one kid to two kids and my patience levels. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to tap into this unlimited wealth and source of patience that every one kind of.
Speaker 2: You know, you find this new patience when.
Speaker 1: You become a mum, And I'm like, well, maybe I won't find it, and maybe I will be impatient with my two children because it's a lot to manage and a lot to juggle, and so like sometimes when Marley has like a full temper tantrum, a meltdown, I'm like, how the fuck am I gonna do this with a second one. I feel like everyone has this feeling, though, and you just do it because you don't have a choice. And there are gonna be times where you have no patience and you probably will have to just walk away and take.
Speaker 2: Five minutes time out. But that's fine. Everyone does that. God my mom used to lock us off in a laundry for hours. She had four under six. I was like, ma, way, she's like Mom's gone home, Mom is not here, she's unsubscribed, filding, Mommy's canceled. And not that I think I'm an impatient person by any means, but I definitely was very independent before having Maley, and then I found this source of patience when I had her that I didn't know I had. Sometimes she really really tests that as a toddler to the limits where I'm like, I love you, but I do not like you right now, And then I think, how am I going to do that plus also have a newborn, plus have little sleep? Like that is my biggest fear at the moment, and I think, I'm sure there's gonna be loads of mums out there who have experienced the same thing and worry about the same thing. But that makes me way more anxious than the birth. Well, because that's forever the birth. The birth has an end like birth the two kids grind in Tensen, you you know, that's a that's a beginnings you've got there.
Speaker 1: I just want to say a massive, massive thank you to everybody who has sent really wonderful and supportive messages over the last couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks and months.
Speaker 1: And I love this community that we're building, and I love how amazingly supportive you've all been, so like, I'm really really grateful for that as well. Thank you for your patience with me.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about me. It's definitely time. I want to tell you, and I can't believe they said that, Oh, we haven't had that segment for a little while, bring it back. We haven't, but I'm bringing it back, and I'm bringing it back with a personal one. So this happened to me this week and I was in hysterics. I was dead. Rip me. It's the last thing you ever want to hear. But it was so innocent that you can't help but love it. I've been seeing this guy. We all know. We all know Britney's got a boyfriend. I've just been seeing this guy and I was laying on the lounge and I had little deadim shorts on. Wait are we calling him your boyfriend now? Is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are we allowed to say that? I feel weird about what do I do with my head? Hasn't come out of my math a long time. I feel like, essentially we're almost there.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's my boyfriend, my friend.
Speaker 2: So I'm laying on the lounge on my back, chilling out little deadim shorts on single top. It's summer. He comes and stands over the top of me and he's just talking to me. We're just having a conversation, you know, like I was reading a book. He's so lovely, and he's like tickling my leg and then with the most concerned look on his face, he says, babe, what's that? And I was like what huh. He's like that that scar? What happened to you? And I was like where? And he's like there and he pointed to the inside my leg and I was like, I was like sorry, and he's like, what happened? Did something bad happen to you? And I looked down and I was like, you mean this stretch mark? I was like, you're like, puberty happened to me? Pal. I was like, that's a stretch mark. He's like, oh, it doesn't look like it. I was like, no, you see how there's heaps of other ones next to it. They're allso stretch marks. He's like, I thought it was a scar. I was like, it is a scar. It's not. No one has stabbed me in the leg. I was like, also, this is cute, but this is the last thing that any woman wants to hear is you come and point out her stretch marks on her body. He's like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Stretch marks are great. I actually think stretch marks are so underrated. I think stretch marks look sexy. I'm like, not against them at all.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was the most There was so much innocence in it, and he was so concerned about this everythic thing that happened to me, like I gotta stabbed myself on like some tree in some accident. But it reminded me, and I said this story. I think when the podcast started a year.
Speaker 1: Ago, let's hope that we've got a few more listeners, but people don't remember it.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of my first boyfriend, who I was with for eight years, and he also so much love and affection, so pure, so ignorant.
Speaker 1: Innocent, ignorant, so innocent, not innocent, just ignorant.
Speaker 2: I was in his shower one day and he was in the bathroom and brushing his teeth or whatever, and he was looking at me, and I was like, you know, I feeling all sexy because I was like, oh, he's looking at me naked, you know, like maybe he's going to come over and like I want to have some sexy type. Then he goes that thing on your leg and I looked down. I was like yeah, and he goes, is that what they call hail damage.
Speaker 1: About cellult Yeah, he didn't know what, and I was like, I looked down and he was so like he was genuinely asking.
Speaker 2: I looked back up at him and I was like, yes, love, that that is what they call hell. It's not okay. I have educated you. And he's like, oh, he didn't care. He's like cool. He was with him for like two years. He just was like I think he'd heard the term used, and I think he was looking at me trying to process and put it together if that's what it meant. And I couldn't even be mad because he's like, oh cool, got on with his day, like it wasn't offensive. But it's just that as women, we don't want these pointed out. But the other thing is everyone has stretch marks, everyone has cellu light, every single I don't know a woman that doesn't have these things. So you know what he said straight up. I was in hysterics. I rolled off the lounge and he goes, oh fuck, He's like, you're gonna tell this one podcast.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know, buddy, and as soon as your name's released, everyone's gonna know it with you, Like absolutely, I've already put it in the notes in my phone.
Speaker 2: All Right, guys, that's enough from us.
Speaker 1: Let's get into our favorite part of the episode, which is accidentally unfiltered. Now I have one which I actually freaking love, so I'm gonna go first.
Speaker 2: Is that. Okay, can't hear me? This is your last app control take the reins. Baby.
Speaker 1: It was the night of my boyfriend's brother's eighteenth birthday party. I had just finished my last UNI exam for the year, so I was ready to partey. I had a great night and I drank way too much. I slept over at my boyfriend's house, and in the middle of the night I really needed to WII, so I got up, I weed, and then I started making my way back to my boyfriend's bedroom. However, my half drunken, half asleep state, I turned the wrong way down the hallway and I walked into another room, thinking I was back in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Success.
Speaker 1: I found my way back to the bed in the pitch black. I was just about to hop in when all of a sudden, the bedside lamp turned on just to reveal me standing right over the top of his dad completely but as naked.
Speaker 2: I was like, you was not there? So good I screamed, and I tried to cover myself.
Speaker 1: His dad walked me back to the right room while I heard his mum uncontrollably laughing the whole way.
Speaker 2: No, why did the dad has caught her bag? I know, it's just like even more mortifying, right, Like, I mean, are they in Bridgington and living in a castle. I think she could find her way.
Speaker 1: Back down the corridor one room, not if she was so fucking drunk.
Speaker 2: A month later, they brought me pajamas for Christmas. Oh my god, rip. At least they have a sense of humor. They bought a pajam unless that was like not a sense of humor, and they're like where these.
Speaker 1: No, I think of the mum sitting in the bedroom pissing herself like ly aggress But how freaking good the amount of stories that we get in where people have like accidentally peede in a drawer or something when they've been drunk, and like they haven't really made it onto the accidental on field. It's because I feel like everybody has one of those stories, but they're like, oh, like my friend got up in the middle of nin and pissed in my underwear drawer.
Speaker 2: I have never hand on heart, and I'm proud of this. I have never been so drunk that I have like not known where the toilet is, or wet the bed, or wet my pants were done anything. I have never wet the bed, but I've definitely been in bed with someone who wet the bed. Yeah, I know. A guy got up once and went to the toilet and like, if you can't see me, you guys know now that I use big hand gestures. If you watched our stories in inverted Commas went to the toilet, he just like stood up out of bed and started weaning on the ground next to the bed. I could hear it on the carpet, you know, when water hits carpet. I was like, bro, what are you doing. So I woke up this one morning and I only just started seeing this guy and he had been really lit at this party, and I was a bit kind of off him just because of how he was behaving this party. But I was down in Wollongong at the time.
Speaker 1: I was being in Sydney, so I was like, I'm just gonna stay the night and I'll figured it out afterwards.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I woke up in the morning and I was like, oh my god, I'm so clammy.
Speaker 1: You know when you get night sweats and you're really wet. And I was like, oh, like this, doun I get off me. I'm so oh yuck. And then I was like, oh, that's so this doesn't this doesn't feel like night sweats.
Speaker 2: And he had pissed the bed so bad.
Speaker 1: It had soaked into the feather douner and had crept up and I was covered in urine.
Speaker 2: It was in my hair.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I remember waking up at like five in the morning and I woke him up and I was like, I think you've the bed and then he started to cry.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, how embarrassing. Then he pissed the bed, but it's actually more embarrassing. Then he started crying. Why did he cry? How old were you? We were twenty six And he cried because he wet the bed.
Speaker 1: He was really embarrassed. He was really embarrassed. That's why I tried to deny it. And I was like, you cannot deny this. I'm covered in your you Ryan, you were laying in a wet patch. Anyway, there's an accidentally unfiltered story blast.
Speaker 2: In the past. I'm okay, well I have one. This one I just think is funny, as in a senator's cute. My partner and I live on a small, quiet, dead end street. One day, I was doing a U turn at the end of our street so that I could grab the parking spot just in front of our house. As I turned, I saw my partner turning into our street too. I thought, how great, he's come home early, king for a little surprise afternoon to light. I rolled my window down, I leaned out as far as I could, and as I approached, I made quite a suggestive gesture, you know, the one where your index and your middle finger you put them to the mouth in a V formation and you flick your tongue out really aggressively between, like I want you to go downstairs. Well, as I got closer, I realized it was in fact not my partner home early, but it was the tradesman in exactly the same use that was working next door to my house. He thought I was signaling to him to come and go down on me. Not. I jumped back in the car, wound my window up, and drove straight to the next date.
Speaker 1: I actually loved it, because usually it would be like a Sico trady who would be doing some sort of awful gesture or wolf whistle or something.
Speaker 2: He probably thought it was his lucky day. He was like a role reversal. She was like you has sexually harassing him on the street.
Speaker 1: We absolutely love your accillient filters if you have any for us. Even though we're going away on a little break, we will still be collecting the best and the funniest and we cannot wait to come back in hot with your accilien filters when we were back. So make sure you slide into our dms at Life on Cut podcast, or you can join the Facebook group and you can send them to us there as well, which is Life on Cut podcast group.
Speaker 2: Nailed it all right, guys.
Speaker 1: I am actually so looking forward to this conversation around it is love enough in a relationship. And the reason why this kind of came up as a conversation was because we received and ask on Cut recently. The question was from somebody who had been with their partner first seven months and they were desperately in love. However, they had started to have conversations about the few and what they wanted, and their partner had made it extremely clear that they are not interested in having children, when this was something that the person who had written in desperately wants in their life. And I didn't want to answer it on Ask on cut because I feel like it's such a freaking good question that it deserved its own episode. And I think that, you know, a lot of people have been in a situation where they really thought that love could conquer everything, and they really thought that because they love their partner, it had to be them at the end, that they were going to be together forever. It takes a long time to get over when sometimes your relationships break down and you have to break up with someone who's still in love with Britain, I both agree that love is not enough.
Speaker 2: But it's funny because I used to think it was, and I think a lot of society do. And that's because we grew up watching these fairy tales and we idealize and we romanticize love to be the bill and end all, and we are told to believe that it's all you need if you love someone so much, as all you need. And I think there is a truth to that in terms of you need love in the relationship, but it's definitely not all there is. There are a lot of relationships and I have been in them where there is so much love. Again, in inverted commas, it's so much love, but they're so toxic and they're disastrous, And I think that just proves that that is not the only ingredient you need to happy, healthy, successful relationship. But I really do think when you look back to your childhood, everything we're told as young women, or everything we watch growing up is all about getting your happy ending and overcoming all these big hurdles to get to the end because you love them. So there's nothing that's going to stop you from that.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely, every single Hollywood rom com blockbuster, like let's look at the fucking Notebook for example, love is enough to conquer everything, and no matter what adversity, that person will change for you. If they love you enough, they will become the person that's worthy of your love. But we know, and I think it's something that you kind of gauge as you get older as well, because when you said it's something that you used to believe, I was the same. Like I had relationships younger, relationships where I was so desperately in love that I thought there's no way that it can't be this person at the end, like it has to be them. So I'm going to put up with whatever bad behavior because our love will overcome this.
Speaker 2: I think of how many times you have had a conversation with your friends or your sister or a loved one and you're complaining about if you're having a fight with your partner or he did this, she did this, they did this, they did that, They're horrible, they're not right for me. And then at the end you say, but I love them, or your friend says leave him, and you're like, but I love them this one sentence, but I love them. We think that just because we're in love with someone and we have this overwhelming feeling that we need to make everything else work. But it's not until you get to this point in life, I think, where you go through enough and you get your life lessons, you learn what you need to learn, you do your research like we have. And the more that I started to look into it when you, Laura were like, let's do this topic based on this question. Once I really delved into it, I don't think love is all you need. Love is definitely a main ingredient, but there's a lot more that goes in there to make that cake.
Speaker 1: Well, it comes down to this idea of unconditional love, I think, and you know, unconditional love is completely unrealistic when it comes to a relationship. I mean, if you want unconditional love, get yourself a dog. Of course, there's conditions on love. There are conditions on the way that we want to be treated. There's conditions on our self respect, there's conditions on our dignity. We have to have those conditions in place because they're boundaries on what is acceptable and how we are allowing ourselves to be treated in a relationship. To think that you can love someone in a romantic relationship completely unconditionally is such a Hollywood movie idea and it's so completely unrealistic and it's so completely unhealthy and toxic. So when we kind of talked about doing this episode, we started doing our research and it came across this really freaking amazing article by a guy named Mark Manson. And you guys probably have heard who Mac Manson is because he wrote the book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck.
Speaker 2: He's great, right, New York Times bestsellers.
Speaker 1: It's the one with the orange cover. We all know we've all probably half read it. This article is all around love is not Enough. But I'm going to read for you the first paragraph of this because I read this and I was so perfectly encapsulated my opinion around why love is not enough and why we need to stop romanticizing and prioritizing it as the be all and end all of a relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he nailed it.
Speaker 1: So In nineteen sixty seven, John Lennon wrote a song called All You Need Is Love. He also beat both of his wives, He abandoned one of his children, He verbally abused his gay Jewish manager with a homophobic and anti Semitic slur, and once had a camera crew film him lying naked in his bed for an entire day. Thirty years later, Trent Resna from Nine Inch Nails wrote a song that was called Love is Not Enough. Resna, despite being famous for his shocking stage performances and his grotesque and disturbing videos, got cleaned from all the drugs and alcohol. He married one woman, and he had two children with her. He then canceled entire albums and tours so that he could stay home and be a good husband and a good father to his family. One of these two men had a clear and realistic understanding of what love is. One of them did not. One of these men idealize love as the solution to all of his problems.
Speaker 2: One of them did not. One of these men was probably a narcissistic asshole. One of them was not.
Speaker 1: And I read that, and I thought to myself, so true, because when you start to think that love is all you need, it means that there's no other responsibilities. All the other things that we need to hold ourselves accountable for in a relationship go out the window, because it doesn't really matter if you're a bit shitty to your partner or your partner's a bit shitty to you, because they can tell you how much they love you at the end of the day, and you're going to forgive them because you love them so freaking much.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what happens is when you sort of walk around like this, romanticizing love and with your head into clouds, you forget and you neglect the fundamentals to a relationship, the things that you absolutely one hundred percent need to have a relationship, which is like honesty, trust, respect, commitment, humility. All these are basic fundamentals to a relationship. They are the building blocks we need, They are the cement, they are the bottom layer. But if you really one hundred percent believe that love is all you need, you're just going to throw those out the window. You ignore them, and that's when you find yourself in quite a toxic relationship.
Speaker 1: You have no accountabilities, do you? And I think that the really important thing to take home from that is this idea that love doesn't solve relationship problems. You can love someone so much, but if they continuously cheat on you, that is not going to fix that. You can love someone so much, but if they don't want to have children and you do, then you're going to sacrifice something that you want in your life for this love.
Speaker 2: And is that going to make you happy?
Speaker 1: When you are in your late thirties late forties, there are so many other factors that you have to think about, and it is probably the hardest thing in the world to break up with someone who you are still in love with, But sometimes you have to make those steps in order to make space in your life so that you can be with someone who not only you have that mutual love for, but there's mutual respect and you're on the same journey, you want the same things, and therefore will be happy together.
Speaker 2: What I think is really important to remember, and this does really hit home when you stop and think about it, is that love does not equal happiness. Love does not equal happiness. I thought back to my relationships when I read this, and I was like, wow, it's so accurate. I was in a relationship for years where I was hopelessly in love. I was obsessed. I thought the world of him. I wanted to spend my life with him, but I was so unhappy. I loved him, I wanted to be with him. I would do everything for him, and I was I reckon six out of the seven days of the week. I was unhappy. It was toxic, it was horrible. He was cheating, he didn't have any respect for me. He didn't treat me well at all. But still I was like I remember saying to my sister, but I love him. Then I was in a relationship for eight years with somebody that was so beautiful, and I was so in love with him for a long time too. He did not one thing wrong. He treated me so well, but I and I was happy, But I feel out of love and I think the point here is that they don't always go hand in hand, and that's something really important to remember if you're in a relationship right now where you're thinking you're unhappy and you're thinking, I don't like where this is going. Our values don't align fundamentally, we're not on the same page, but I love him. You need to reassess why you're with him and what you want from the future and near the things that we are going to break down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could not agree with what you just said more. I think, you know. I look back on my relationship that I've spoken about a couple of times in this podcast, actually a couple of my past relationships, and I was so in love, you know, like when I think about how much I could love someone, like, my capacity to love couldn't have been any bigger, Especially with my toxic ex that i'd been with for two years, which was a relationship before Matt. I was obsessed with him. But I was so miserable in that relationship because he just never showed up, He was never accountable, he treated me badly, he wasn't reliable. It was always about him, and it was always about his problems, and he always had an excuse for his behavior.
Speaker 2: The thing is too It's like, I remember breaking up with my partner the a ear one where I said, we're really happy and we're in love and things like that, but we wanted different things long term. Our paths were not aligned anymore. And you just hit the nail on the head before Laura, when you were like, it is so hard to break up with someone when you still have those feelings for them, but you know that you're not going down the same path. You know your journeys are not aligned anymore. That is so brutal, and it's like so heart wrenching because in the moment, you're making a decision based on the future, knowing that you're not aligned forever. But in that moment, in that day, it's fine. You're still having fun, you're still happy. But you can't live like that when you know something as big as one of you wants kids and one of you doesn't, one of you wants to live overseas one of you doesn't. These are all things that fundamentally you need to be on the same page with or somebody has to make a really, really big sacrifice, and even that comes with its own problems. Because there's always going to be this like slight level of resentment. Am why giving up something that I really really really wanted.
Speaker 1: I think one of the big things with that as well is like it's age related, right, Like it's okay if you're eighteen, nineteen twenty to be with someone whose life goals doesn't match up with yours, you know, or even if you're twenty five and you're dating someone and you're like, yeah, look, we're having fun, we're having great time. Who knows what the future holds, So fine, if you're in your thirties, if you're in your late thirties, if you're in your forties and you have very specific things that you want to achieve in your life, if you have career goals, if you have family goals, you can't then date and waste your time with someone who isn't aligned. I think, like, regardless of feelings, regardless of chemistry, and like we've talked about chemistry loads on the podcast and how much that shit lies to you, but regardless of all of those things, if somebody is not aligned in what they want in their future, or they're also not aligned on like their morals, I think is another really big one. You can sweep that shit under the carpet for the first six months. Maybe you can sweep it under the carpet for the first year, but that is going to rear its head and it's going to become something that you have to deal with. And I think often we expect or hope that someone will change their mind. You know, I can only imagine how many women and men have stayed in relationships where they're like, I want this, and I hope that because we love each other enough, they will meet me at the table to do this. You know, we will get engaged one day, we will get married, we will have children, and the other person doesn't necessarily want those things like I know for myself, I say, in a relationship with someone for six years who I was convinced we were going to spend our lives together, and even at the six year mark, he was still saying to me, I don't know if I can see myself marrying you. And I was blinded by how much I loved him that I was like, well, he will, we will get married. We've been to them for six years, of course we will.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to hear that after six years that they can still not see a future with you, Like, dude, what are you doing? Man?
Speaker 1: But that was it right, and that was my mentality. My mentality was like, well, we've been together for this long, of course you can. You don't mean what you're saying. Hey, guess what, We're not together. We didn't end up together. He never proposed, we never got married. He kept telling me what he wanted in his life, and I kept hoping to change him. I know that it can feel like you're never gonna love another person as much as you love that person, you fucking can like you can't.
Speaker 2: But the other thing to remember is when you say, but I love them, and especially in the early years, when you fall in love, it actually your body actually releases these euphoric hormones that are oxytocin and dopamine. You get these feelings that are actually insane. They take over your body. The thing is, if that is all you have and there's none of the fundamentals that we spoke about before, and there's no actual happiness, If it's just that love, those hormones scientifically decrease over time. When they have decreased, what have you got left If you don't have any of the other fundamentals.
Speaker 1: One of the things I was reading that came up is this idea of doing a friend test. So the behavior of your partner. If your best friend was in the way that they behave towards you, if your friend treated you that way, would you still be friends with them?
Speaker 2: Is that a question? What have they done? Tell me what they've done?
Speaker 1: Okay, So what I thought that means is like, if your partner is treating you like shit, if they're not showing up, if you are not aligned in morals, if you're not aligned in values, but you know overwhelming, you're like, I put up with that stuff because I love them so much. I love love, love, love love. If your friend was behaving in that way towards you, would you still actively choose to be friends with them, or would you say this is not something I want in my life.
Speaker 2: Well, you'd at a minimum you backing off, wouldn't you. It's like we spoke about toxic friendships a few weeks ago on the podcast. You would be backing off, you'd be putting up your boundaries, you'd be taking some space. But you don't do that in the relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the thing is is why do we set a different standard for our loved ones than what we do for our friendships. Don't settle for a feeling that you have for someone, You also have to settle for actions as well, and that needs to back those feelings up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's just look at some reasons that you should take into considerations, some things that might not be aligned if you are a bit up in arms about your relationship and if you can see yourself the other long term, we're just gonna go through some things to I guess, sit down and think about yourself, maybe have the conversation with your partner, and just assess your relationship. So number one is like it's I think it's really obvious you want different things. You both see different things in your future. We said it before. Maybe one of you wants children, one of you doesn't. That to me is actually a pretty big deal breaker. I know my brother personally, he was in a relationship. We loved her, that she loved him. She was adamant from the day they met. I don't want kids. He did the old. It was like a role reversal as well. He did the old. I'm sure you'll change your mind, like you will become more maternal as you get older, things like that. A few years went past, and she was like still adamant, like this is not gonna happen. That was the only thing wrong in their relationship, but it was enough for him to say, I don't think I can do this because I know one hundred percent I want kids in my life. And she was like, cool, I don't. And I mean that obviously starts cracks in other ways because it builds the tension, but essentially that was the only real thing that was wrong in their relationship and ended their relationship. He's moved on and had two kids with someone else and he's so happy. But if something as big as that is not aligned, it's a deal breaker.
Speaker 1: And you know what, we get this question so much on ask On Carton. That was kind of why I wanted to bring this into a main episode because we get that exact type of question of like, my partner doesn't want this, but I do. And I hate the tough love. I hate that sometimes our answers to things is like, well, then you guys shouldn't be together. But the reality is is like if you're so poorly mismatched, but the only thing that you're matched on is this idea that you love each other. I think we need to get real and stop romanticizing and fantasizing about what a relationship could be. Yes, there is a potential that they may change their mind and they may bend because they want to be with you, But there's also the potential that they won't and you'll be the one that has to bend for them. And you know, are you willing to make that sacrifice? And if you're not willing to make that sacrifice, then that's your answer about whether the relationship is viable or not one I.
Speaker 2: Think like it seemed really obvious when I read it, but I think this happens more often than not, especially as we get older. I think we settle and get stuck in relationships a little bit. But it's if your partner isn't happy. Unfortunately, happiness isn't always contagious just because you are insanely happy in love and we all know that because we've all been on the end of unrequited love and it sucks. But just because you are really happy doesn't mean your partner is. And if you can't meet halfway and make each other happy, it's not gonna work. Like there's not science behind this. It's not I'm not blowing your minds. You've got to both be on the same page. The next one I want to talk about is I think this is also really obvious. I think a lot of these are obvious, but we just don't ever take the time to sit down and ano the maut. And that's that your values conflict. This could be something like and I think this is probably the biggest thing is religion. If you are very prominent in your religious beliefs in your church, with your congregation, and your partner has come in and they are polar opposite. That is for a really short period of time. That is fine for lust, That is fine for one night stands. That is fine for dating for a few weeks, But that's not going to match long term unless one of you is willing to make some sort of sacrifices. Even if you can meet halfway in just dating as just the two of you in a couple, when you have kids, it just brings in a whole new kettle of fish. There's something else to think about. I remember dating somebody that was really really religious, and I personally am more spiritual, and I believe something's out there, but I'm not sure what. I'm still finding my way. He was adamant that our children would be raised Muslim and I was the opposite. I was like, well, I don't want to raise my children Muslim because I don't believe in that. And that was like that started the biggest end or fight. It started to get really heated because He's like, there's absolutely no way I'm meeting you halfway on this, like this is how I've been brought up forever, and this is what I've been doing. I like, yeah, but I haven't been brought up like that, and I don't want to do that. And I just thought to myself, there's no way we're ever going to get to a place where we're going to agree on how our kids are going to be raised and we can't move forward. It's such an interesting one. I actually think that deserves its whole episode to itself. Navigating so much to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and navigating like being in interracial relationships or inter cultural relationships. There's people that do it successfully, but there has to be some give and take, and there has to be some sacrifices. We will absolutely do a call out for couples who are navigating that and navigating it successfully, and it's important.
Speaker 2: I do want to know. It's important to note that you can one have those relationships successfully. I have friends, my sisters in one like, you absolutely can, but you just need to know that they'll have to be sacrificed from one of you. That's all it is. Actually, no, there has to be sacrificed from both of you. Like that's the thing.
Speaker 1: It can't be one person's way or the highway and one person is constantly giving, giving, giving, there has to be well unless it's, like you know, it can't be just that one person's giving, giving, giving, unless it's because that person has genuinely come on board and genuinely accepted that religion or that culture. Like that's a very different thing. But if you're completely mismatched in your views and your ideologies. The other really big one, which I think I'm seeing more and more now, especially with everything that's come to the forefront in the last couple of years, is people who are mismatched on their beliefs, like around racism, their beliefs around politics. That conversation is becoming way more prevalent, and I think back in the day, we could kind of disassociate, we could kind of go, oh, yeah, you know, I love this person, but sometimes their political views irk me a little bit. Think the more and more that we're becoming responsible and realizing how much we need to be conscious and active with our political views, our partners views and beliefs need to reflect that. And there's more people who are saying I can't be in a relationship with someone.
Speaker 2: Who is bigoted, or who is racist, or who casually thinks that these things are okay. It's funny you say that, because this year, especially with everything that was happening with American politics, everything that was happening with Black Lives Movement, I cannot tell you how many messages we got from women. And I'm only saying women because we actually didn't get any from the men, but so many messages from women asking us, saying and wanting us to talk about and give advice on. And I just think it's really hard to navigate but saying I don't know what to do. I love my partner, We've been together a long time, but he's started to say some things about the Black Lives Movement, or he has started to say some things about Donald Trump that I can't get on board with and I can't have a conversation with him because he won't meet me halfway and he won't budge, and he won't listen to anything I say. It's his way of the highway. We got so many messages like that, and I think, like you said, Laura, you can be with someone for a really long time, but now that this conversation is so prevalent, you can't avoid the conversations with your partners anymore. And I think people are learning a lot more about their partners. And I just can't believe how many people brought that up, saying I don't think I can be with this person anymore. And that's because you finally sat down and had the conversation where you realize something you really heavily believe in is not aligned with your partners, and that can really cause cracks. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And also like it's one of these things that you think about You're like, well, I love you, but is this a deal breaker? Like is this how I want to live my life? And these the values that I want to uphold my life too, And also if we do choose to bring children into the world, as these are these the sort of values that I want to impart on another generation. I do want to say one thing to this, and this is going to sound completely unromantic, and I there's parts of me that hate saying this because you know, I love Matt so much and I can't ever imagine my life not with him, you know. I'm at that point of my relationship where I'm like, I don't think I would ever be able to replace him if it wasn't my life, Yeah, except with any but like a part from that. But the truth is love is not scarce, Like it is not something that if you break up with someone, you're never going to find again your ears, Matt, I know, and it kills me to say this, but like I see this because I see my mom right, you know, And this is something I have never shared before. But like my mom's been married three times, right her second marriage. I know for a fact that my mom loved my stepdad, probably more than she's ever loved anyone, especially at the time, you know, like she fought so hard for that relationship to work.
Speaker 2: My stepdad was an incredibly.
Speaker 1: Heroin addict, and there was no amount of my mum loving him that was going to make him change. He didn't change, and that relationship didn't work out, and he left her with a three month old baby, which is my little brother, and my mum raised three kids on her own, you know, And I think it makes me almost annoyed this this concept of like, but if you love someone so much, they'll do better for you. People are fucking selfish, and people choose their own lives, and you know, he chose his, and so that's this is kind of one of the big reasons why when we talked about this topic, I was like, I've seen it, I've lived it, and you know what, my mom she has moved on. She has an incredible husband now who she loves more than anything, and she doesn't just have love, she has respect, she has support, she has kindness, she has all of the other things that she needs, and she's the happiest that she's ever been in her life because she's got all the fundamentals to go with the love, which is our main point totally. But when we're in it, we convince ourself that we're never going to find it again, and that's why we stay because there's this fear of, well, I'm never going to find someone who I love as much as I love this person. So I'm gonna put up with all the things that they're doing to me because I don't want to be alone or I don't want to miss out on this incredibly intense feeling of loving someone. But I think you know, love is not special in that way and it's not unique, like we are manufactured to love again and to feel those experiences again.
Speaker 2: Can I tasket something funny?
Speaker 1: I just poured my fucking heart out to you, and I was like, Hey, I had a really traumatic childhood and You're like, can I tell you something lols?
Speaker 2: No, because I didn't know if you want me to focus too much on that. I was like, no, I mean, like, I totally agree with everything you say, and that what you just said about your Stepdaud and your mom is a prime example that she loved him fiercely and he was never going to meet her halfway. He was never gonna like it wasn't in his vicinity or in his ability or capability to love her back and give her what she needed. And it's a prime example of why it's not gonna work out. It's so fun you can tell me something funny now, I'll take something funny. No, it just made me think, like when you were just saying. One thing you said triggered me my first I have a boyfriend, like you know, when you're like fourteen, literally like fourteen, I think we'd kiss. We're together for your whole year. We used to write other love letters after school every day because you know, we didn't have phones and shit. Then, yes, we're old people, but we used to literally spend the day one of us write a letter to each other and at the end of the day would walk each other home, would give each other a letter. They would read it that night, they would write back. It was beautiful. It was cute love, innocent love. He broke up with me after a bit over a year, and I remember being I was hysterical. I would I lost myself in my room. I couldn't eat and I could not still crying to the point and I look back now and my mom must have thought it was the funniest thing ever. But she was great. She walked into my room, she was like trying to be supported. She's like, what's wrong? And you broke up with me? You know how you can't talk, can't talk? You know when you can't talk right. Everyone knows that young kid doesn't love me anyway. I was like, he broke up with me, blah blah, and Mom. I remember Mom saying, you will find someone else, Like I mean, she's talking to a fourteen year old daughter. Of course she's gonna be like bless herself. She's like, you will find someone else, you will love someone else. And I was like, I remember looking at her. I was disgusted that she would tell me I would love someone else. And I was like, I will never find someone that will love me like he did, and I will never love someone like I loved him. I was fourteen. I look back now and I'm like, what was I thinking? But you wholeheartedly get stuck in these situations where you genuinely believe there's no other love out there for you and you have to make this one relationship work because you know who else is going to love me.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that that changes from being fourteen or twenty six or thirty three or whatever.
Speaker 2: I know I've gone way and I don't cry like that ever. Really shitty breakup feels like that, you know. And I think back when I was twenty five, when I broke up with this guy who had been with for six years. Eventually and it was over over, And I remember calling my mum as well and being so hysterical and like not being he look free, and my mum used herself as an example, and she was like, I promise you you will because look at me. And that's I guess that's always stuck with me, you know. And like that's not to say that breakups are not hard, And that's not to say that every single breakup I've had where I've been completely in love with the person and then been blindsided by the breakup, was it still equal is hard, But I guess there's been this little part of me that's gone. I am strong enough to get over this, Like I am strong enough and I know that I'm worthy of meeting someone who respects me as well as loves me. I just wanted to add this one thing, which is from the article that I read for you guys at the very beginning, and it kind of like reaffirms this whole idea about love not being as scarce and as rare as we make it out to be. And what it says is you can fall in love when you're young, and you can fall in love when you're old. Love is not necessarily unique, but your self respect is, and so is your dignity, so is your ability to trust. There can potentially be many loves throughout your life, but once you lose your self respect, your dignity, or your ability to trust, they are very hard things to get back, Microp this one is one like I have done this in a relationship. I know a lot of people have done this, Laura, I know you have done this. And as long distance long distance is great, short term long distance is something you really really need to consider. Long term is something that, of course it can work. Of course you can have a successful long distance relationship, but I don't think I think it takes two very very special, particular people to do it successfully long long term.
Speaker 1: And I also think that with long term relationships you need to have an end goal, Like it can't be n you can't just be in this ambiguous purgatory for like several years. We're just hoping that one day your lives will align. I think that that's what makes long distance really really difficult. But having like the next time that you're going to see each other, the next time you're going to be together, the next time that you're actually going to live together and be in the same country or place or whatever. You have to be working towards a common goal and that's what makes long distance achievable. But it's the not knowing and then that kind of leads into lack of trust that makes people feel super insecure. I mean, I think we've just come up with another podcast topic, which is long distance relationships.
Speaker 2: We'll be meaning to talk about that for a long time. Actually, we will get to it. We've got so many to get to.
Speaker 1: But also it was a hard one, especially over COVID, because you know, a lot of people were forced into long distance relationships, and we didn't want to come into it being or doom and gloom because this year has been and last years been a very unique year where long distance has been something that's been challenging for a lot of people, but it's been absolutely necessary for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: The last thing I want to say before we sort of wrap this up is sacrifices. I think you need to think of your relationship right now. Are you both committed to a relationship, are you both meet each other halfway? You both making sacrifices for each other? Because sacrifices are inevitable in a relationship. There is always one hundred percent going to be someone that has to give something up at some time or has to do something they don't want to do to please their partner at some time. But it's super important that is reciprocated. If it is one sided the whole relationship, and you constantly are finding yourself the one that has to give up your dreams, change your journey, change your path, do something for them, and they're not giving you anything back. That's another really really big red flag that maybe this relationship isn't the right thing for you. So, in conclusion, guys, love ain't enough.
Speaker 1: Love is not freaking enough, and like we need to stop kidding ourselves and stop romanticize it and stop trying to convince ourselves that we can put up with something that's not good enough for us or subpar, because oh my god, we're so in love. You deserve better, You deserve all the other things that go with a relationship, and only you can hold that standard for yourself.
Speaker 2: And guys, we love love. You know that that's our tagline, Like we right love love. We're not right in love, off, we just know that love has blood doesn't come on its own. You have to have a little side salad with your love. You can't order it by itself. Okay, guys, you know that we don't end an episode ever without our sucking. Our suite, our highlights and our low lights are the best and the worst part of our week. You want me to go first, or do you want to go first? You can go first? Great love that Okay, my suck and my suck. Actually, my suck happened last night. I had a really boring weekend, guys. I didn't really do much. I've had this migraine for like ten days, so I've been a bit moping around in all my spare time. I had heaps of work to get through for Life Uncut that I had ignored for a few days. So I was like, Okay, I'm just gonna use my Friday night to sit at home and just smack shrew some emals. I got really really hungry, and it was raining, so I was and because I'm about to go away on vacation when Laura has a baby, I'm gonna go away. I haven't bought any food. You know, when you're like trying to wean out your cupboards and stuff when you know you're going away, so there's no food in your house. Yeah, So this is what my suck is. I was darving. I was like, great, I'm gonna order Uber Eats. I went on Ubeats. There was not one delivery driver anywhere in Vicinity that would deliver because it was raining. So I went on delivery. I want every single food app to deliver me food and there wasn't one. It was pouring with rain. I had a migraine and I was working. I was like, I'm not going out to get food. Let me see what I've got in my cupboard. I had half a piece of like Semistale bread, but I toasted it so delicious. You know when you toasted those, so it goes like it's fucking perfect. It's like it's another three days in it. It was like uni days. You know. It's like a best before, it's a guide. It works for everything except for like meat. And then I had a cup of tea and that was it, and that was my suck. My suck was literally as bad as the fact that I had to go to bed hungry because I couldn't be bothered to go out and buy myself.
Speaker 1: That is actually really mis rule though, Like I mean, it's not the worst of the sucks that we could have brought to the table, but it's a bit miserable.
Speaker 2: No, But it's like I mean, I guess the other suck in conjunction with that is the fact that I have had this migraine. I'm a migroine suffer. Oh look, I've got that little thing in my ear. Put in my ear, it's supposed to help with migraines. When you feel that your headache is coming on, You're supposed to squeeze it really tight. And I had a lot of questions about it some my Instagram. Actually I will do an update on the Instagram. I'm just letting you know. Now I'm squeeze it now. It's really painful, basically what BRIT's talking about, because she didn't really explain that she has like an acupuncture thing put in her ear. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's an accupature pressure point and it's like a little metal ball that you can kind of do the acupuncture to yourself, isn't it pretty much?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I've like I've always had headaches my whole life. I've suffered them but they never stay around this long. This has been well, this will be day eleven, now eleven days, and every couple of days it gets really bad where you get anyone that's migraine suffer knows you're in bed, you're nauseous, the pain is excruciating. So every couple of days it does that, and then it just goes back to like a throbbing headache. So you can manage life with it, for sure when it's just the throb but not when it's the migraine. So I'm going to trial this accupuncture thing. Follow me on Instagram if you want to know more. I'll update in a couple of days. My suite is that, lad, You just put an Instagram pitch in there? Following me on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Mean, actually it's pretty underscore, hardly just fallowing in Instagram.
Speaker 2: I actually do mean like that, but whatever see on my page. My sweet is the fact that and this is not anything against you, guys, there's nothing against Laura. But the fact that Laura is having a baby in like three days time means that we are going on break and I get a few weeks off. I Am going to go away for a few weeks and I'm just really looking forward to getting life back on track a little bit. I'm actually going to miss you guys terribly. And I'm not just saying that, but we actually love doing this record. We love bringing this every week. But I feel like it'll be really nice. I was about to say it's gonna be nice for us to rejuvenate. You're not gonna be a rejuvenating but I hope I'm going to be. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yes, look I'm so. I'm actually like, there's a part of me that's looking forward to having the weeks off, but I'm also like a little bit sad because I love doing this. I also like, I'm gonna miss you guys. I'm gonna miss like my weekly little download now community. And I mean, obviously we'll still be on Instagram, will still be on Facebook, but it won't be the same without having our weekly episode. And someone actually wrote me a message the other day and they were like, is it rational that I feel really angry and betrayed that you and Brittany you're having three weeks off? And I was like, yes, yes, that's totally fine. I totally accept that. I also love us, love us, okay, and be there I will let you know when we're coming back, like, be there.
Speaker 2: It's a short break. It's a short break. It's like nothing. It's like nothing's changed at all, So there'll be a whole new human in the world. Don't go anywhere else. Yeah, don't don't leave us for another podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my suck is and I think that every single person who's ever had a baby.
Speaker 2: Will relate to this. Every single weird.
Speaker 1: Ache or pain or like pressure or more gas, every thing that's just not quite normal in my body. I'm like, is this labor? Is this labor?
Speaker 2: Am I own labor? Now? Baby coming? My water broker? Am I waiting myself? Literally?
Speaker 1: I sneezed in bed the other day and I was like, well I just pissed me myself, but did my water break as well? Like which one is it? So that is like, it's weird not knowing. I know that that's a stupid thing to say, and I know that when labor actually starts, trust me or all about it.
Speaker 2: But I well, you're anxious, You're waiting for it to happen now, like you don't know, it could be any day. So I think that's that's normal to get a feeling and be like, oh is it time? Well, and it's kind of like waiting for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Like it's kind of like waiting for Christmas, except imagine if Christmas kept moving like the goalpost they were like, Christmas is coming, but we can't tell you.
Speaker 2: When it's like me waiting for a boyfriend. It's exactly like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, And my sweet for the week is My sweet for the week is that we at work so at Tony May. We did a massive campaign for our new collection which is coming out, and I finally got all the images for that back, which I'm so excited about, Like we haven't sane. I'm so proud. It's always like really nerve wracking putting together a new collection, putting together the designs and then putting together the whole photo shoot and everything else. And when kind of sit back and all that's been done and you can actually look at a collection as a whole and see it all come together, I'm always really really critical of myself, and I think that's like very much a creative thing where you're like, oh, that's not it's not very good. I don't know if anyone's gonna buy this. And when I saw the images today.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I'm so happy. It was so amazing and it's actually it's actually insane. I'm not just saying this. It's definitely your best collection yet. It was beautiful. I put my order in. Don't forget it. It doesn't come out until March, so look it's not for ages, but mine comes out earlier. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll cook you up.
Speaker 1: But just being able to see it all come together, and like, I feel really proud that we kind of got to the finish line before the baby's juice.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a big thing. You really pushing the boundaries there, just like a couple of days before birth. Thriving chaos guys. But yeah, so that is it.
Speaker 1: From us, guys, and you know that the next time we see you, I promise there'll be no more pregnancy chat. There will only be birthing stories and.
Speaker 2: Then it'll all be over. You'll never have to hear from it again. Guys. I hope you got something from today, you know the drill. Please keep you accidentally unfiltered. It's coming in even though we're having a few weeks off, we are collecting them. So just make sure you're writing to Life Uncut Podcasts on Instagram. Caption your DM accidently unfiltered. Do the same thing with your ask gun Cut. We might be throwing some sneaky little extra editions in while we're off. We're gonna see how we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do our best to try and throw you guys a bonus episode or two. So like it's we're not leaving, but we just want to just in case, say that we're going away.
Speaker 2: But maybe there'll be a pleasant surprise that might drop into your Libbry Laura's Lora's bread crumbing you. Maybe we don't know yet. We're not one hundred percent, but it's like ninety five. But yeah, keep your questions Asking Cart coming in. We love that. And if you have anything else funny that happens, or if you haven't, I can't believe they said that as good as mine one today, send that into and make sure you're in the discussion group. Lifeline cart podcast on Facebook. Follow Me Brigham's Hockeyorrow, Laura Laicat and tell your mom, don't dad toe dog toe, friends and share the love because we love Blave the Bay Bay