Speaker 1: We are rolling. I can't roll my I can't do.
Speaker 2: That, Raphael. It's like a gargle things I didn't know about.
Speaker 3: Mike, I could go.
Speaker 1: We had a lovely British feed last night.
Speaker 2: We did courtesy of this nice gal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which had nothing to do with any wagers or anything.
Speaker 2: It was losing. It was just stuff.
Speaker 1: You just being generous and it was very nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got the drinks, you got the food. I did, and our producer cashed in.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, bast.
Speaker 1: In the Glory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we owed him dinner because he's such a great producer.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think we make it a tradition now. So for the Wimbledon, obviously we got a British pub.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then for the American we got for barbecue, oh love. And then for the French a nice French pistro.
Speaker 2: And for Australia, I don't know a bit of Vietnamese. Yeah, let's go get a Chinese. Let's get a Chinese.
Speaker 1: I'll wash it down with a beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah that sounds good.
Speaker 1: We could get a Chico roll from a servo Chico Chico. Am I saying it wrong?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I say Chico, what is quintessential Australian Fair few episodes ago, you said Toast and Jack Daniels, I haven't stopped thinking about reallymment. It sounds like if depression were a meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like the vos.
Speaker 1: All right, Wimbledon is over, and then to I mean, we have to do this. The people are yelling out. They're champing or chomping.
Speaker 2: Chumping, champing, chumping champion. Oh, I get it.
Speaker 1: It's a big discussion. Are we champing or are we chomping? What is it?
Speaker 2: It's jumping, but it's spelled champing. I thought chumping at the bitman.
Speaker 1: It's champing.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a horst thing.
Speaker 1: Horses champ spell champs.
Speaker 2: I did not know this. I believe it.
Speaker 1: So the Wimbledon champions are center. We'll get that all that in a second, because first the people are are yelling out for their favorite segment at the top of the show, which is the Slam Poetry Slam.
Speaker 4: Wimbledon wimbled over soon as the winner and Linda Noskova strawberries and pans as far as the eye can see, and for some unknown reason we got plig isn't it inside the World Cup something cool.
Speaker 1: What a tournament I was. I was so happy with this couple of weeks at tennis, and it was a killer tournament. Plenty of drama in the first week and then the second week the quarterfinals were just kicking off when we last did a pod. So I'll do a quick wrap up from the quarterfinals onwards. Zverev over Fritz and Straits. Had been a while since Verev had beat Fritz. Yes, Fritz is saying he had jankin drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Fritz went out and I mean he said he's going to recover for the hardcourt swing in the US. Arthur Fairy continued his how many times have we heard the joke fairy tale in.
Speaker 2: The fairy tale? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, even did it on court because I didn't realize he was playing fairy. Next he goes, it's a real fairy tale. See what I did there? Oh yeah, I was like, you are not the first to do it. It's you know, you are a hack. That was okay, I guess. Arthur Fairy continued with a straight sets win over Koboli.
Speaker 2: I know, and he beat Koboli here, yeah, open, that was the time.
Speaker 1: Was sick. He's always he's always sick, he's always got to talk.
Speaker 2: He does, so I wonder if he had it well, I don't know. It just looked pretty convincing. I think it was the crowd. I think it was the crowd, because the fairy was like the British crowd was just loving him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you have to think also Kobali obviously made it to the finals of the French and then this deep into Wimbledon. I think he was just cooked at a certain point and then, like we said, he's had a sore Kabelli and I almost on my pants. And the match of kabelliegk and the match of the tournament for me was in the corner finals, which was Djokovic versus Felix.
Speaker 2: Oh what aka?
Speaker 1: This was amazing A thirty nine year old versus a twenty five year old much like my marriage. She's pretty young, but yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that, no, but she's eighteen. This was the longest ever Wimbledon quarterfinal and it had all the drama, all Djokovic was they were both playing out of their mind. Was amazing, and it was one to five obviously, and it was to me the most memorable match and most fun and compelling of the tournament. I agree, yeah, yeah, even though well there was that Golf Pagola three setter in that round. And then even more crazier I thought, was Goff and Mooch in the Yeah, the Golf Coca Goff and Carolina Mukoba the Mooch. We love the movie. The level. They weren't both playing great at the same time as each other until the third set, so that's why it's I wouldn't put it up as match of the tournament, but that tie break for the match, insane was the craziest tennis in terms of the decision making was questionable. Yeah, will you tighten up? Of course, and when Golf had match point and then just ditches of the easiest forehand volley, I mean it's easy for me to say, but into the net and just had the whole court could have pushed Mooch into a corner, come in, put it away, but goes for the drop shot, hits like the bottom of the net, and that is one of those shots that surely on her deathbed she'll like, Yeah, that'll haunt you forever. I mean, because that point, if she converts that point, then she's into the final, right, and this is the deepest she's ever gone in Wimbledon, and it's just like it's a hard watch. And she being as having the fortitude that Cocoa Goff has, she was like, yeah, you know, this happens to players. You know, Sinner had how many match points in the final against Alcarez at the French last year. It's just something they all go through. And she was able to kind of like just be totally rational about it. Yeah, if that happened to me again, I'd move to Antarctica and never talk to anybody ever again.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely gonna think about the last point or I don't even know second and third, last whatever, wait for a while.
Speaker 1: So that tie break, if you watch anything, watch that tie break again because that was crazy. And the other semi final on the women's Caustic went out to Naskova in the Straits, setting up the all Czech final. I look this up. I maybe this is common knowledge, but I was like, why is there so many Ova names in Russian and Czech players? And do you know the reason? Ova means women?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Right, okay, so if it's Ov, it's a son of But if it's Ova, it's daughter of right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so a little Russian language, yeah, lesson Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like say, well he's Bulgarian, but Dimitrov son of but if he was a woman, Demitrova little, we're learning things.
Speaker 2: This is good poetry. So you'd be hoo hoo yeah son of who daughter daughter? Oh god?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Djokovic Sinner in the semi final. I seem to remember because I brought it up multiple times in the group chat that I said Djokovic will be to five sets.
Speaker 2: I believe you kept saying I'm a genius, I am a genius. Caps look, I am a genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I just shortened it to I am genius. The I said he'll be pushed a five by Felix Aliasim in the quarterfinals and then he'll be cooked in his semi final against Sinner. I was right, Yes, I am genius.
Speaker 2: I am genius. I wonder what he does for his recovery.
Speaker 1: Well, he had two days, so this was the point of the tournament where you get two days off before your next match. And look, I think it's not all attributed to playing that insane five hour, fifteen minute quarterfinal. I think Sinner finally looked like the sinner that was winning all those Masters one thousands in a row. Yeah, he was finally found his form that he had going into the French and he just absolutely outplayed Djokovic. And I think Djokovic had one break point but couldn't convert and it was, yeah, just a straight sets loss, which I think a lot of people wanted to see Djokovic go for twenty five.
Speaker 2: You include, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But couldn't get there, couldn't get through him. And I had agacy. He was announcing that match and every time he said Yannick, he would say yunique and I was like, I was like, what is that?
Speaker 2: It's a unique Yannick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Yo Ni Nick. Sounds like she's on Jerry Springer. Yeah she doesn't.
Speaker 2: She just cheated on Yeah yeah, yeah, And now we're going to bring out Yo Nick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yo Nic, don't play that so Yo Nique center getting through that one, and Djokovic you could kind of tell he conceded defeat. Obviously, he's the ultimate competitor and we'll fight to the end, But like he just didn't seem totally locked in when he was making jokes, Like after rallies, there was one rally where Cinner comes out on top and Djokovic says loud enough for the crowd to hear, like maybe ten years ago. Oh and then yeah, you know, it gets kind of a laugh. But then it's like, oh, he's not in lockdown, just so I'm gonna do everything it takes to win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mode, Everyone says you're the best returns ever been.
Speaker 3: He hit, he tried was.
Speaker 5: There was also an exchange where at the where someone you said to I think some of the out maybe ten years ago, may so, can you talk about what he said to you and how he tried to stay between us.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's giving credit where credits due. I think he's like respecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's always been very gracious in defeat and like shown yeah, that respect to the opposing player. And I mean sinners in his prime obviously twenty four years old and is doing Djokovician things out there, like the defense, the sliding into backhands, the recovering from it, like the rubber band body flexibility. It's just like it's him seemingly coming to terms with age. Yeah right, well, yeah, and I think.
Speaker 2: We've all been that job.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, I mean I'm still wearing backwards hats and headbands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just noticed you're wearing this. What is this about.
Speaker 1: It's tennis. That's tennis. That should be the name of the show.
Speaker 2: It is tennis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think it is. And then Djokovic accepting that his dominance over the tour for so many years, much like a female in Russia or Czech is Ova.
Speaker 2: Oh, but he's still making semi finals.
Speaker 1: I know he was in the final of the oz Open, he had that. I mean in the French he went out to Fonseka in a five side epic. Yeah, he's not over, and I think he has set his sights on the next Summer Olympics.
Speaker 2: So twenty eight. I saw that with Sebbian flat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if he's playing through to twenty twenty eight, then we got another two years. Yeah, but can you be bothered. I just feel like after that long on tour, the physical regime, all the hard work that goes into it, surely at some point you're just like, I just want to rest on my billions of dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Nobody's kids are in the box. It's a family affair. Yeah, Yeah, everyone's hanging out. Yeah, he gets like another X amount of dollars appearance fee plus semifinal fee.
Speaker 1: When is it enough? Lizzy? Who?
Speaker 2: Well, I would I would have tapped out years ago. Parted it totally, Yeah, Like how much do you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Once, yeah, you went a couple of slams. You're like, oh, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But that's why he's the wolf.
Speaker 1: Here's the wolf.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I think it is. He's got a documentary.
Speaker 1: Obviously, how are they not calling that the documentary?
Speaker 2: He's got a jocumentary. Beautiful right, stuff, He's got a jocumentary and the ending is him getting the twenty fifth slam and he just won't quit, right, he wants the perfect ending.
Speaker 1: Well, you can have cameras follow you around for as long as you can, obviously, but I mean, if it's not happening, it's not happening. Because the Rafa documentary on Netflix. Then I saw an interview with the guys who made it and they're like, yeah, we just started filming and we didn't know what was going to happen. And then you know, he gets knocked out first round of the Fringe and it's kind of a tough dog to watch because it's a fading champion. Yeah, but also it rules. It's great. There's a moment with Djokovic and is not Jokovic. There's a moment with the doll and his wife where they're eating dessert at a restaurant and he's like so sweet and romantic and it's like a side you just would never expect to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cute.
Speaker 1: He said to meet you want perfect right now? Oh perfect in a few years. Not so perfect, I don't know. No, you want better better, good, you look very good dessert. The other semi final was, of course at Zvere versus Arthur Fairy.
Speaker 2: Oh this was visually very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, them at the net standing here. Yeah, photos.
Speaker 2: I mean, Fairy's tiny, he's strong and stucky, but he's he's like a shorter he's a shorter guy.
Speaker 1: He's nuggeting, is huge, he's a longman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just even looking at I don't know, this was like anytime zeb set up to serve. It was just just like he was looking at Fairy going like why are you here? I felt like, who is this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a bit of that, and there's.
Speaker 2: Just like a stature about him. It just felt dominant.
Speaker 1: It did, at least the first set was competitive. It was, and I think it was Verev obviously hadn't played it before, and it was him figuring out this kind of like crafty variety of game because he just played Fritz, who was, you know, just slamming serves down and playing baseline tennis. But then fairies just darting around the court slicing. And then but then once Zverev got used to that, the next two sets he was just swatting fairies ball away and just like thundering returns back and it looked like a first round match or like a dad playing his son.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it was very like welcome to the big league.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, he made it to the semi final.
Speaker 2: He can't take that away from him.
Speaker 1: It is so well and he's the new British number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How many places did he jump? I want to say it was like one hundred and something, one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and forty ish and now he's thirty ish yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 1: So that'll be interesting. We'll see if his game converts to the hard courts, bringing us to the final all check final. I have to be honest, I didn't watch a single Noskova match until the final that she played. I just was like, I mean, I remember when she came to my attention a couple of years ago when she beat Ego shawontek here at the Australian Open, and then yeah, I just hadn't be when we were talking about the semi finally wash and then the last one on Osco of Mertens, who cares? I think the quarter between her and Mertens. I was like, oh, yeah, I skipped that, but I mean I shouldn't have because I am a Noscova fan.
Speaker 2: Now, oh noskov the line thank you.
Speaker 1: This was the mooch versus.
Speaker 2: The nast because we're such mooch fans, were moochheads, and I feel like everyone's a moodhead. Yeah, the mooches were.
Speaker 1: Out, the mooches were out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we wanted the mooch to win.
Speaker 1: The Mucherinos, the Mucherinos, the mood Jets, the mood Jetts.
Speaker 2: I think it's nice, Okay, I feel like everyone wanted the mooch to win.
Speaker 1: The mooch being twenty nine and being plagued with injuries over her career has a lot of yeah people love her. Any fan of the game is like just loves watching her glide around the court. She sold light on her feet, great variety, awesome, you know, drop shots, slice everything, and this was nascova power versus Mukova's finesse yes. But Nascova also showed a lot of crafty drop shots and grass court game. And crazily, this is the ninth consecutive Wimbledon with the first time women's champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: There has That's just amazing to me that something about grass court or I don't know what it is, but it's just like there's no one consistently winning since I guess Serena. I mean, I know Kovidova won it twice. But the mucha story, the fact that she was out in the first round of Wimbledon the last four years and then is now in the final. It's great. Yeah, she'd been to a Grand Slampo.
Speaker 2: Because they'd both one going into.
Speaker 1: This, right, Yeahscova had won in Berlin and the Mooch one bad Homburg. Yeah, so they had grass court winds going in great form. This seemed to be a blowout. I thought it was going to be over in like an hour came out with like seemingly noiring firing. Yeah, easy, yeah, just Muchova was thea we color the mooch, but it is Muka, but we love the move the moo is. We are moochets.
Speaker 2: We are what's another moochmucerinos.
Speaker 1: We have life. The mooch seemed to be the nervous one, seemed to be the tight one, not playing her game that she had played pretty much all tournament, was just ripping the ball, and then at six two, five two, a ton of championship points one on her serve where she double faulted. Yeah, if I did that, I'd moved to Antarctica.
Speaker 3: Another move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the end of your documentary. Just cut to Antarctica.
Speaker 1: And somehow lost that set from six to five to up.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lost the next five games. And this is when I went from wanting mood to win to being like I, it's so painful to have five championship points not convert, and like she.
Speaker 2: Was, she was, Oh yeah, the reset was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The reset was closing the ears, blocking out all the noise, towel over the head. She left the court, came back and then walked in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that first game back. She faced a few break points and I was like, here we go, it's just slipping away and she's in a tailspin. But then somehow held that aim and then looked like she did in the first set at twenty one years old. Like again, the mental fortitude that these players have is so baffling to me.
Speaker 2: Turn around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I stubbed my toe in the morning, like I don't leave that.
Speaker 2: Bad day, bad day. Yeah, I moved that dark week. Yeah. She yeah, totally turned it around. I don't wonder what she said to herself.
Speaker 1: Well, there was some interview where she said she obviously took a break after the second set and went to the female locker room and they have the trophy back in that area somewhere, and she just like was steely, resolved, stared at the trophy.
Speaker 2: Whoaeah, okay, pretty cool. That is cool. No great scene in a documentary. Yeah, I hope cameras.
Speaker 1: It is real main character energy. Yeah, who do you think you are? Linda and Osky.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go look at the trophy, ye to mine. I'll be back.
Speaker 1: So the Mooch just was kind of outplayed again in that third set, and Oscova somehow recovered one in three and it was amazing. It was a killer match when I thought it was going to be a blowout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was nice to see both check players former doubles partners, so I guess they knew a lot about each other. And then the mooch was funny.
Speaker 1: The speech, great comic timing, great comic was a joke.
Speaker 2: It was she said, oh, my former friend. I'd like to think, yeah, my ex friend.
Speaker 1: And then she was like just kidding but not really or something.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: And so Nascova again like that turnaround and coming back from five championship points slipped away amazing. And she's a little punk rock Did you notice this? Yeah, yeah, she's got that septum piercing. She's wearing like a big chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, I like both their vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check players are cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are. I like the mooches. The Mooch's outfit was my favorite of the tournament, all right. That I was like, I would wear that that shit right, just it was just like a loose kind of fitting tea, Like she just looked a bit eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there was an eighties vibe there. Costa got a lot of praise for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did have a cool outfit. Wouldn't wear it, wouldn't wear it? No, I don't have the confidence.
Speaker 1: I believe in you. I'll wear it if it'll make you feel good. So yeah, I'm an osco of a fan for life. I will follow. What a turnaround, Pa, youngest Wimbledon champ since twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And then okay, let's get to the men's spinner spinner, spinner, spinner and Zarev. No, let's get to the men's sinner and Zverev. This is the number one and the number two seeds, and they looked it. Yeah, I love this match. I thought it was both of them. Yeah, I think very of the best he's ever played against Cinner. I think maybe in general. Came out and was like, I'm just gonna rip my forehand as hard as I can and see if he can deal with it. And it just ended up in a tie break in the first set, and Zverev won on a forehand winner. Yeah, won that first set. His reaction was huge, Yeah, because it obviously means a ton.
Speaker 2: I think, well, it was the first set he'd won against Center in a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think in fifteen previous attempts. It's first set, yeah, which is like, yeah.
Speaker 2: This is mentally great, huge and.
Speaker 1: Winning the first set, and then you know it was, uh, it was like, well we got a match on and this is great. Yeah, because Cinner had beat him what ten times in a row or nine times in a row going in? Was this number ten or was this this is number ten in a row, and so someone's beat you nine times in a row. You know, there's that classic quote, no one beats Alexanders ten times, but they did, and it was Cinner, And yeah, I think the second set again obviously crazy competitive. It went to a tie break again, but Center played a flawless If that one lob had landed in, it would have been like the ultimate tie break play because I think there was just one of Zavera's serves. Both guys serving out of their mind. Yeah, and they're huge serves. There's been a lot of comparisons to this and the like Sampras Era God's just bombing down serves leads to a tie break and when guy barely edges the other out, which can be kind of boring and routine. But I thought this match was just utterly compelling from the start. This is heartbreaking. Zaverev's one break opportunity in the third set, so they're both they'd both taken a set. In the third set, Zaverev has a break point and Sinner saves it by hitting a drop shot. Zverev slips and hyper extends his knee. Yeah, and Zverev, it could be argued we're not the same after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could tell. Yeah, I was watching his knee. You could tell he was being a little bit ginger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is wild. I mean it's because Verev.
Speaker 2: Doesn't like to admit to his injuries, right, Yeah, he never says anything about it.
Speaker 1: He's a bit kg. Yeah, right, but.
Speaker 2: I reckon it was like a little bit after that, I think.
Speaker 1: And also there's gotta be some trauma with zverev An injuries. When he snapped his ankle playing the Doll at the French a few years ago, one of the most gruesome injuries on a tennis court, and then he was out for what eight months after that because tendons had snapped and everything. And it's like then if you have any kind of fall that jars or you know, it's hyper extends or like surely that's there's a memory of that, and then you're in the final of Wimbledon. It's yeah, it did not seem to be the same match after that slip, and then because then Sinner holds and then he takes that set, and then yeah, it was Sinner's match from there too, too good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was nice to see Siner back.
Speaker 1: People have Sinner's celebration at least with this, he like fell down on the court and there was some you know, effusive celebrating, which is good to see from him because like during the match they've said he's a little too reserved. I mean, I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with that. Yeah, because it's just his way of like locking in. I think he doesn't want to get too carried away. He's like, I haven't done it.
Speaker 1: Yet, yeah, because he just that Yeah is that enough?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the Alexy alo one I think is the best she gets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, at least no one's doing that.
Speaker 2: The light and well we got cruise coming through.
Speaker 1: Oh I haven't seen does he celebrate?
Speaker 2: Has come on?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't come on, right, but he's not. I don't think he's doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Zverev is now number two in the world. Yes, I would like your thoughts on Alcaaz. How where is he? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is he coming back?
Speaker 1: The tour misses him, it does.
Speaker 2: It missed his personality, They miss his tennis. Please Alcarez come back soon.
Speaker 1: So Alchoraz has pulled out of the Canadian Masters in Montreal, but then he'll probably pull out of Cincinnati. A shame. One of the best matches the last few years was him and Djokovic and Cincinnati. The wrist is tricky, tricky. I mean, if you look at Dominic TM, we don't want that. If you look at del Potro, they were never the same. And it's like, if he does come back, I think a lot of people assume, oh, it'll just be him in center battling it out, and I mean this is grim to think about. But maybe he's just he just isn't mentally the same or you know, like obviously we need him back on the tour. We miss him like just sinners. I feel like just going to dominate until he's back. Yeah, So get well soon.
Speaker 2: Please, Alcoraz.
Speaker 3: We need you.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's getting the best help he can get.
Speaker 1: So the dance. Did you see the dance?
Speaker 2: I did see the dance, and this is tradition. Well it was tradition. Then it stopped and then yeah, Djokovic and Serena bought it back.
Speaker 1: In twenty fifteen. It had stopped so long ago, nineteen seventy seven and then twenty fifteen, and now it's back. Yeah, it's Do you like it?
Speaker 2: No? I don't like it at all. I think it's awkward and we and it's like, oh, I guess how are you going to celebrate? I guess we're going to dance and then they do some it'd be cool if they got together beforehand and like you know those weddings where the first dance their choreograph. If singer and Oscova got together and did like some really sick hip hop did yeah, and then they just go out there and then they'd start it in an awkward ballroom and then be like track change, boom, and then.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's I mean, so convinced that they're going to win that they have time to choreograph some kind of crunk hip hop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I did in a fun way.
Speaker 1: It would be fun. It would be fun and I mean it is awkward. It's strikes of old British men being like, no, you shall dance for.
Speaker 2: Us, dance with the lady, make the spin the lady around for petto yeah, bridge name.
Speaker 1: Henry Wadsworth longfellow, the third Man's that you dance.
Speaker 3: With the lady.
Speaker 2: Now, dance with lady, yes, naked dice, ye spin her before Yes, I don't want to dance with this creep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is good. I remember shavan Text and Sinners from last year because they're both kind of awkward and a little yeah, but it's like it's it's sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they've just won a grandson who can't.
Speaker 1: But I think there's a lot of tennis players that are introverts. Yeah, yeah, but I mean it makes sense for Jokovic and Serena.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then it's like shy introverts who are just tennis brained, just.
Speaker 2: Like a twelve and then that awkward like handover the head thing black event. I think no Oscov is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's seemingly got better moves than yo, nick yo nick.
Speaker 2: It needs to be a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Gives her a little twirl and I just picture off camera all.
Speaker 2: The other and he's like and it's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thank god that all these old British men are off camera going no couldress her dec letage. Make sure to smile?
Speaker 2: What about a fox Trots?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that was Wimbledon twenty twenty six. I absolutely loved it. Great tournaments, great tournament, and I look forward to next year. But now the US.
Speaker 2: Will oh see US Open.
Speaker 1: One more thing about the Wimbledon Championships is that you touched on it before Cruz Hewitt was in the final. Oh yeah, and he lost to a sixteen year old American Jordan Lee. But Cruz getting to the final, yeah, huge effort. Yeah yeah, And I think now he's too young to play in the juniors, so he'll be too old to Sorry, he's too old to play the juniors, so he'll be graduating to the big boys.
Speaker 2: So do you think we'll see him? I hope you get to see him at the Open next year and.
Speaker 1: The yeah, yeah, it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay for.
Speaker 2: Request, I'm ready to dance? Are you ready for approaching the net?
Speaker 1: Lady must dance more centrally.
Speaker 2: Some pretty crazy stuff obviously out of Wimbledon. Love Andre Agacy in the commentary box. He doesn't want to. He's propicable, but he doesn't want to about it.
Speaker 1: He had no protection on the head at all. I'm glad you guys are speaking up to your pickleber exploits in the stakes.
Speaker 2: We're serving six four two three in the semis. Let's stick to that. That's so good.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: He's like, mate, we're doing we're working now, and you want to talk to me about pickle We're talking about a real sport. Yeah, we're in a Grand Slam. Yeah, and you want to talk about pickle No, I.
Speaker 1: Know this is his This is Agassy's real feelings on pickleball. Like I know he plays, and.
Speaker 3: I wish some money out he is.
Speaker 2: I wish you boy his rack.
Speaker 1: I wish I knew how he really felt before I paid four hundred dollars for an Agacy paddle. But uh sure, but then just shutting the guy DOWNA we're talking about the semi final Wimbledon. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you go up to Tony Hawk and ask him about rollerblading.
Speaker 2: Well, he's coming dating the X gate exactly?
Speaker 1: Are we starting another war with the pickle community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the comments have died down. I really want to wake up every morning two more comments about pickleball and how they're saying it's the superior sport.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, and that tennis is dying off.
Speaker 2: It's called pickleball. I'll leave it though, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just wait for a banana racket.
Speaker 2: It's going to take off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I loved it. I love Agacy, like it's true feelings kind of coming out there. And I know he supports pickleball, and you know it's his paddle. Maybe not worth four hundred bucks, but my wife was not really impressed with that purchase.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, what's this four hundred dollars on the bank statement?
Speaker 1: Michael, Yeah, it says paddle and she's like, what are you paddle for four hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Did you buy us a kayak?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Don't let it be a kayak.
Speaker 1: Are you at one of those clubs where they only wear leather on the weekend? All right?
Speaker 2: What else you got? Okay, We've got a lot of celebrities at Wimbledon, really top class celebrities. I know we get celebrities at the others open, but these are like a listious including Jennifer lopezs that's huge if we could get the likes of j Lo. Yeah, But controversy, she wore a massive hat.
Speaker 1: What the hell? Yeah a tennis match? Yeah, rude, I mean it is a huge hat, the urban soprero.
Speaker 2: I mean, how old is she?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks great, but also that hat at a tennis match? Like, what are you? Jenny from the blocking my view, I've been sitting on that one for a while.
Speaker 2: Mike draw, Mike draw, that was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'd be annoyed if I was sitting behind her, But.
Speaker 2: You know, would you really? Yeah, it's Jlo. You're so you could smell Jlo. You could smell her perfume and you'd be com on, how's it? You wouldn't care about her hat?
Speaker 1: What do I care about?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Well, you put like little chips in her hat? Just pretend how many things you can put in her hat before she noticed.
Speaker 1: As long as they're not tortilla chips, because that.
Speaker 2: Is rac Yeah, not Joe, not John.
Speaker 1: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: That's like the Simpsons episode.
Speaker 2: Any all right? Last one, it's on a challenger tour clay Court, Belgium. Player goes to serve, and then something happens.
Speaker 5: All right the.
Speaker 1: Score lines, oh no, oh my god. For those of you just listening to the audio, we see a player serving for the second set to take it to a third, and a maintenance worker decides to run across the court at that exact moment, Mama Mia, he does the little run.
Speaker 2: He did not want to walk around, you know, when.
Speaker 1: You're crossing the street and like the light changes and you do that.
Speaker 2: Like, oops, I'm not meant to be shoulder this guy. He's obviously doing something back here. Yeah, maintenance, Yeah, he's a worker. The players just like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, crazy distraction. And then because you see where he starts and he sees him setting up the.
Speaker 2: Surf, he's like, don't mind me.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's any distraction playing tennis, especially at such a crucial juncture when you're serving for set point. And then we had a guy we were playing the other week and I had two break points to stay in a match, and a guy walked behind me and stole one of our balls and went back over.
Speaker 2: To his That's what he said.
Speaker 1: But then the guy was playing with this like oh no, no, stop the point. And now I was like on top of a rally and the guy and he was like, that guy just took one over balls. And so I went over to the court and I was like, hey man, did you take one of our balls? And he was like, oh my god, is this yours? And I'm like yeah, it was right behind. Yeah, what are you doing? And then I lost the match.
Speaker 2: Fixing yea with.
Speaker 1: Real cheater, great stuff. You must dance for Henry Wadsworth Long Yes, they gets mad, make good.
Speaker 3: More smile smile.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back for quizzy who. Okay, last week's question, who was the first unseated player to win Wimbledon?
Speaker 1: We had many people right in and the winner is Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. The third I wrote in to say.
Speaker 2: It was Boris Becker.
Speaker 1: Boris Becker who won it nineteen eighty five, Yes, seventeen, that's impressive.
Speaker 2: His nickname was boom Boom.
Speaker 1: Boom boom. He had a big serve and so they called them boom boom. Really yes, not the other but like, did you do a boom.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom boom boom. This is Prevanger Boys.
Speaker 1: It was Prevanger Boys. But that's what the Banger Boys song is about. Big all right, and then you got a question. All right, what do you go?
Speaker 2: Please email us at podlover at tennis dot com dot au. The question is what fruit is on the top of the gentleman's Wimbledon Trophy?
Speaker 1: All right? Send that through. What an episode, What a Fortnite of tennis?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. The real winner is tennis.
Speaker 1: Tennis always friendship.
Speaker 2: And love and dancing.
Speaker 6: Dance for the gentlemen. Spin her around, let miss you, the plunging neckline of the blue.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.