Speaker 1: She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: She's on the Money.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. Welcome back to another one of our Friday Drinks episodes where our team get to celebrate the money wins from our She's on the Money community. As always, we are joined by Tony Lodge and she is going to kick us off with what happened on our Monday money Diary.
Speaker 1: So our money diary this week is twenty six trans and preparing for gender affirmation surgery.
Speaker 3: It was such a cool money diary.
Speaker 1: It was really cool and the awesome thing about it was that and we mentioned this on the pod as well, that Victoria and our money darist had actually been chatting for quite some time through Instagram. They got hooked up together and.
Speaker 3: Split into each other's dance yeah, which is really cool to.
Speaker 1: Kind of have the inside scoop on it when normally it's all so anonymous. But we spoke with them and they gave us a really great insight into the costs associated and the language we should use when when chatting to people, and it was it was really really good. So I definitely employ you to have a listen. I know I say that, ever, I.
Speaker 3: Literally loved them. Yeah, I do know. We always say our money dary it was the best one yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I felt like I learned so much and it felt a little bit pervy at times. I was like, Oh, is it all right if I ask you this? And they were like yeah, like that's why I'm here, isn't it. And I was like, oh, yeah, cool, thanks, because you know, it kind of went beyond money a little bit, because you were like, oh, I'm asking about your personal life beyond just your financial situation. So I was really grateful that they were so open and honest with us, like it was just an epic conversation. And I know that there are a fair few people in our community that would really resonate with that, and I just loved being but to add it to our little money Diary Elite crew, And.
Speaker 1: Also, if you're kind of not really sure on how to best behave like an ally, it's probably a really good thing to listen to get a little bit of insight into you know, what to do if you do misgender someone, and if you're looking for any resources on that topic as well. There were heaps in the show notes like a hundred things that are stacked it for Yeah, that our money dire is sent through, so definitely have a look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, loved it all right, Straight onto the wonderful Georgia King. Georgia King. What did we speak about on Wednesday? In a deep do?
Speaker 5: This Wednesday was a fun one. What they're always they always? We spoke about the costs of moving out for the very first time, So the costs you need to factor in before you move out, and then the costs that come up when you're actually out of home, and if you haven't done it before, like a lot creeps up.
Speaker 6: Is it a wild generalization to say it's always way more than you think?
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, you've.
Speaker 5: Got your bond your first month rant dishwasher tablet, dishwasher tablets four dollar booze.
Speaker 4: I tell you.
Speaker 6: The weird one is when there's stuff at your parents' house, like in the back of the cupboard, that you'd never think to actually buy, but when you just need like just a pinch of salt when you move out, you don't have just those random things in the pantry and buying a whole big thing of those.
Speaker 3: So expensive to stuff. They are olive oil, good olive oil, Like what is that?
Speaker 4: That's a mortgage, that's what happens?
Speaker 3: Than wine like that is not on? And then all of the herbs and spices. Are you meant to buy every single tiny little jarp?
Speaker 1: Do you need smoked and sweet paprika?
Speaker 3: I think you do?
Speaker 1: Apparently I've got both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you're a proper adult, so that makes sense. Ryan, have you got some money with yep?
Speaker 6: And I will get ready to do the wins with my Mattzo's ginger beer.
Speaker 4: Just what have you gone?
Speaker 7: I've also got a Matzo's. We'd love the mat soos, don't we. I've got a Lemon.
Speaker 3: I've also got a Lemon Tony and I we're bougie today.
Speaker 1: We've got a Brookies Byron dry gin and tonic with native a lime which rolls off the tongue.
Speaker 3: It was bougie and to be honest, when we looked at it, not that you should be looking at the calories of your drink. They're sugar free, which.
Speaker 1: Was to us very impressive because it's hard to get a good gin and tonic that's sugar free.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, we're not sponsored by them, but we have been drinking them in the office. We've been drinking them while recording, like it's been pretty good. But we were surprised because tonic is one of those silent killers when it comes to sugar.
Speaker 6: Yes to satirifice as well tonic water. If you get a good tonic, they can cost just as much as the the fever tree.
Speaker 3: Ya, you're expensive. I just buy sweeps when it's on sale.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I buy coal's brawn. Not relatable contay.
Speaker 3: Sorry, money wins.
Speaker 1: Money wins.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go, money wins this week.
Speaker 6: Now, this might seem like the simplest money win we've ever had, but so many people responded with, oh, I feel that it is genuinely a win. Simone says money win for the whole month. I didn't tran for money back from my savings into my everyday a camp. That is impressive, very, to which Polly just replied, I feel this deeply.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's relatable content.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's not sweps. Is that the difference vi between what intentions and reality? We put five hundred bucks at the month on payday or whatever our amount is, go yep, five hundred months saving and then four hundred and ninety six just makes its way back across when a bill comes in or something.
Speaker 3: That's when you set unrealistic expectations for yourself. And that's really easy to do, but really hard to undo. And that's why I preach, literally preach about having a budget that's realistic and not just an aspirational budget. It's actually what you're spending and actually what's coming into your account, because if you're not doing that, you're just going to shoot yourself in the foot and have to dip into savings regardless of what you're spending.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: Now, Melissa says, five figure tax refund coming my way money when quarter will go to paying off the rest of my HEXTEBT, which means I am now completely debt free in every.
Speaker 3: Aspect of my life.
Speaker 4: Well done, well done.
Speaker 6: Now, Aisha applied for a scholarship through university. The application took about ten minutes, and within a few weeks I was advised my application was successful and I've just received fourteen thousand dollars from my university.
Speaker 3: Now I've got is that per hour? If she's said it only took ten minutes.
Speaker 6: Let's ask our financial advisor, Hey ask goodbye? Rosie says money win made my first one thousand dollars in rays. He's out to one thousand dollars just through round Us, So she's pretty stoked. Without now Annie, Annie is a unicorn because this never happens. This is very very rare, she said. I just got an email from work saying that my salary has increased two point five percent from the start of this financial year. I only just started with the company. I wasn't sure if they did increases or if I had to negotiate after one year.
Speaker 4: They just did it.
Speaker 3: That's super cool.
Speaker 6: Usually, and this is why I say, you have to ask and then you follow them up and they say, oh, we'll think about it. My boss will go to his boss, go to her bossass and it just takes years and years. The fact that they just ticked it, like she didn't even have to ask, they just did it.
Speaker 3: It's like government.
Speaker 7: I think government roles have a set increase per year, like you go up like one point five percent.
Speaker 3: And they have airpicks super as well. Instead of having them now ten percent super that we have, they have I think a minimum of fourteen point five which has probably just scorn up to fifteen percent super, which is a money win. Like I remember back in my org Psyite days having a client that was a university. Obviously I can't tell you who they were, but they had people in admin roles that had been there for yongks, like thirty plus years, just doing these roles because that was just their job, and they'd got their two point five percent every single year, so they were on like one hundred thousand dollars plus income admin roles that if they were to advertise them obviously would go for less than that. But then they also had these really big long service leave packages and like if they were made redundant, it would have cost that university hundreds of thousands of dollars. So it's kind of like rock in a hard place for them. But money win for these people with the job definitely, because they're like, we're never believing little cash cow exactly.
Speaker 6: Jema said, I had to spend five hundred dollars on textbooks and I've just started doing YouTube and I've got my first five hundred dollars in ad sense revenue from our YouTube channel, which means the YouTube paid for the textbooks, so she doesn't have to pay a cent.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 6: Whilst it's the same money win, I say that's two money wins, right, yeah, money yeah, sure, right, And.
Speaker 3: There's so much money in YouTube that I just didn't know was there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think this is one of the great manifests of the year.
Speaker 3: And it's not coming from Jessica my favorites.
Speaker 6: But well it's come via Jess's aura by putting manifesting into people's manifests.
Speaker 4: So here we go, the community does it.
Speaker 6: Together, Vanessa, I was on my way to kmart to buy a clothes rack classic I found the exact same clothes rack on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is so that is what we're here for. That would be like a dream, like you know how that stuff happens in your dreams. I'd be like, and she's.
Speaker 7: Recycling as well. That person hasn't had to take it to like yeah, the dump. It's like saved it from landfille and she got it for free, Like that's amazing.
Speaker 3: So well, actually someone was actually a moving house and it was mind and moving. Yeah, she picked it up on the way through.
Speaker 6: And finally, actually I've got two more. But finally, Tamika, can you just tell me the grab that see the pictures on there?
Speaker 4: Can you just tell me what you can see.
Speaker 3: Oh, he hasn't splashed out with color prints.
Speaker 4: It is so much better in color.
Speaker 3: Sorry a kitchen bench, No, it's not. It's an entertainment unit.
Speaker 4: So what happened is maybe if it was in color.
Speaker 6: Well, this is actually interesting because Ta Meeka bought it for ten dollars from Facebook marketplace. And you can see the one on the left, who Tony's got. Now it's it's done up right, she's covering half. So she spent ten dollars on it, refurbished it, sold it for three hundred and forty dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So the one on the right is like.
Speaker 6: That before she's cut it in half, polished it up, and sold it for a profit of three hundred and thirty.
Speaker 3: Dollars much and she's like yes, a hot yeah.
Speaker 1: And now it's like a little bureau kind of thing that what.
Speaker 7: Reason touch bro hutches the cupboards on the bottom, shelves on the top, which was really common in like I'm going to say seventies eighty.
Speaker 1: And then bureau or like a console buckett all.
Speaker 7: The same thing is like just like the flat unit.
Speaker 1: Sorry that you don't know anything about hon decor how embarrassing sorry.
Speaker 3: I have an Ikea calyx as my TV and I'm not changing.
Speaker 6: All right, one final money win and do you guys mind if I just make a quick call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Okay, hang on here.
Speaker 3: When they don't answer, Hello.
Speaker 6: Hello is this guy? Oh yeah, Welcome to the She's on the Money Friday Drinks episode.
Speaker 4: My name is Ryan.
Speaker 6: I'm here with Victoria, Tony George, and Jess HALLI Hi. Now, first of all, I just need to apologize because I realized I just slipped into your DMS and said, Hi, my name's Ryan.
Speaker 4: What's your number? So I'm just sorry that was weird.
Speaker 3: You're marriage? Yeah, I was a little bit sus not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, I am yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I see that.
Speaker 6: I know I see it because I've kind of just reread what I've written and I'm like, this would look sus.
Speaker 4: But I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 6: So, uh, did you post any comments in the She's on the Money Facebook group in the last week?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 4: What did you post?
Speaker 2: I commented on the Queen.
Speaker 4: Jar the Queener?
Speaker 3: Did you now? My friends?
Speaker 6: So last week I was doing spring cleaning because we're in lockdown, nothing else to do. Literally tidying up and I found this big bunch of coins and it ended up being I know right. I mean, if I had have known it now, I wouldn't have said I'll give it away because.
Speaker 4: But the correct.
Speaker 6: Answer was one hundred and nine dollars and fifty cents, and sky, you correctly guess that.
Speaker 4: Money is yours. Well done. That's so fun.
Speaker 6: Now can I just add that some your guess was a one hundred nine dollars and fifty cents. Someone else guessed one hundred nine dollars and forty five cents, and some was ten cents. Over there was two point four thousand guesses.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is crazy, This is crazy. That is so fun. And in our team. Obviously I couldn't enter. And I thought that it was going to be so much more dramatic, like that's a hundred bucks. I thought there was like three hundred dollars in there.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't it for you. Sorry, I thought we'd also scoy. I'm so sorry to show changes.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but I also thought we could give it the masterclass, like that's fun too.
Speaker 6: Why would you also like a masterclass? And assigned copy of Victoria's book?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that would be she can have all of it. It's a real price, which is like building it. What else have we got? What can we give Scott?
Speaker 6: All right, Scott, I will DM you later with the details. Please respond and I know, like a weird old guy. Yeah, actually maybe I'll get just to do it from the she in the money account just looks official.
Speaker 4: You're Scott. Thanks being part of the community.
Speaker 3: Have the best night. I love that. What are the surprises if you got for us?
Speaker 4: Seriously, I justmed her and was like, hey, can you tell me number?
Speaker 3: And she gave it to What a trusting person. There's no way if you DMed me and I hadn't met you, that I'd give you my number.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I would you verified you?
Speaker 3: All right? So we are back and I was going to take credit for this because we kind of did something similar last year, but I really can't because Tony are Yeah, like it sounds like I am because I Toats did it, But no, we did it last year. We called it Accountability August, but it definitely didn't have the same structure that Tony pitched us. We've just used the same name because it was kind of catchy and it's really hard to come up with catchy names. So we've just used the same name, but it's different premise, Tony, what are we doing this August?
Speaker 1: So a couple of months ago, we chatted on Friday drinks about someone in our community set up a no spend month and all these other community met like the post went off and all these people were talking about how they weren't spending any money, and we thought, wouldn't it be so funny if we could set up a challenge month for the community so everyone could take part. We would all be taking part, And we thought, well, a no spend month, isn't you know, is maybe setting a bar a little bit high, and we want it to be easy for everybody. So we're starting da da da accountability August yay. So basically we thought it be really really fun if all of us came up with a little goal that we wanted to meet over August. So if you say, oh, I really want to cut back on buying coffee, then over August you could try and not buy any coffee and see if you make it to the end of the month.
Speaker 6: And so do we have to say this out loud? Hence, yeah, the accountability.
Speaker 3: You have to say it out loud, but you have to share it with the community. So we'll have a thread and we'll be checking in with you, and we're going to have some really fun social tiles that you can fill in and like post on your stories and stuff. And I'm really excited about it because you know, if I said let's cut back on coffee and not do that for the month, like that's not relatable to everybody, like just doesn't drink coffee. Some people would be like, well, I've been making it at home for ages. I can't participate. So you guys are going to choose what you want to be held accountable for, and we all as a team have different accountability challenges that we're going to take on and we're just going to hold each other accountable. So August is really productive and we all end it on high, which I'm super stoked about. But to get the wall rolling and give you guys a little bit of inspiration, jess, what's your accountability August goal?
Speaker 7: Well Tony suggested a no spend and I was like, who do you think I am? Not someone with that much self control?
Speaker 3: That's it. I like it because it's relatable.
Speaker 7: Hard no for me. I would love to, but unfortunately it's just not practical. That's fine, So I decided to go the other way, and I'm going to try to make some money.
Speaker 3: And you're going to try and spend more money.
Speaker 7: I could definitely succeed at that, but no, like I over lockdown. I'm sure I've said this before as the money in, but over lockdown, I was cleaning out my closet. I had a bunch of extra stuff, and we did that really fun campaign with gum Tree last month as well, where we learned that statistically, the average person has like twenty seven unused items in their house. That's a lot of that's a lot of items. So I thought, I'm going to set myself the goal. I don't know if this is way too ambitious because I sell things for like five dollars, but I'm going to try to hit five hundred dollars. Oh, you can totally do that month of August. So Wardrobe's cute guys, I would buy her stuff.
Speaker 3: Check me out on deep up, help me out.
Speaker 1: The thing that I'm worried about though, with Jess is that she's already started selling already ahead of us.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no no, August hasn't started.
Speaker 4: Bad luck, mate, so none of it.
Speaker 1: So none of the money she's made so far counts.
Speaker 3: But don't go to my detop until August.
Speaker 4: First, I have a question.
Speaker 6: Victoria just said that she likes a lot of the stuff in your wardrobe and she might buy it.
Speaker 4: Is that awkward?
Speaker 6: Because Victoria has already bought it, You've borrowed it from her and now yourself.
Speaker 3: It's just like a really great life cycle between that happens in our office a fair bit. We're like, oh, Tony, nice earrings, will you be wearing them next Friday? All right, Georgia, what are you going to bring to the table?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you both brought up this example before, Oh did we? I'm going to ditch the hot bruise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've found, especially through lockdown. We've just come out of a couple of weeks of that coffee every day was my one thing, but now the plenty of other.
Speaker 1: Joy in the world.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to like seeing in person precisely, Yeah, exactly. Do you think a coffee like no coffee at all or maybe no.
Speaker 3: Perchase week day? Okay, So like you can make it at home. I think that's fine.
Speaker 6: Some people could spend not much, make it at home and save a fortune on the five dollars a day going to a cafe, like to make it one single coffee at home be way less than a dollar. So if you're going to drive yourself insane by having no coffee, I mean that's a physical challenge.
Speaker 3: Buy some coffee. Yeah, yeah, someone can buy your coffee. That's like a loophole. Half. I can just like buy all your coffee.
Speaker 6: If you see someone in Carlton North just loitering around a cafe, then you are going to finish finisher.
Speaker 3: No, I want to take it a step further because like, not buying coffees is one half of it. But like Ryan, you actually have to do some money. So you have to like work out how much on average you were spending on coffee last month, and I want you to each week put that in a savings account so that at the end of the month you have something to show for it stead of just depriving yourself and maybe having spent it on something else. Like we want to get to the end of the month and have an outcome, not go well, I just didn't have a coffee. Where that money go?
Speaker 5: Pay myself?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 6: My accountability August. And this is going to be really hard because not only is it about the money, but I actually just love it.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do Uber eats for a whole month, a month, the whole month of August.
Speaker 3: Whoats?
Speaker 4: So where the money's going to work?
Speaker 3: In breakfast radio? And you're saying, no.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is tricky. I'll make Jason pay for is.
Speaker 3: The loophole here that Bridget does the Uber ey?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, I just don't want Uber eats for the month. But what I will do is I'll figure oh, this is awful. I'll figure out how much I've spent on Uber eats through July and June, and then the money I haven't spent. I'll be able to see the difference between the two.
Speaker 1: And that's good.
Speaker 4: Could be confronting.
Speaker 3: I like that. Could you please share that with the team later, Tony Lodge, what have you got for us?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna give it a red hot go and I'm going to try and do a no spend month for August.
Speaker 3: Yet it quick like a no discretionary month or she's not buying groceries.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to not pay rand. So the way that I'm going to figure out how much money I've saved is every time I go to buy something like say, go to buy lunch, go to buy a coffee, or like a sports membership, might I don't know, just trying to sound relatable. Then I'm going to go, all right, well that would be twenty five dollars, and then I'm going to put that twenty five dollars into another account. So I'm still going to spend the money, but it'll just go to that instead of yeah, how much you would have spent.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: So I believe in you.
Speaker 3: You can do it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm very scared, but I'm really excited. I think it'll be a good exercise. Yes, what do you do on v okay?
Speaker 3: So I have committed and I committed to this because over the last six months, I feel like you've heard it on my Confessions a number of times. I'm not that good at bringing lunch to work. I'm not going to buy lunch at work any of those days, and I'm going to bring packed lunch and like plan my meals.
Speaker 4: Pack by a restaurant with Uber Eats.
Speaker 3: No Uber eats for lunch. No eating out for lunch unless it's like a celebration.
Speaker 6: If we're both not doing uberats, what are we going to do when the two of us are together.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll start will be really hungry, know what we do? If we're we're actually going to be really thin by the end of the month.
Speaker 4: Let's not make too high.
Speaker 3: Predictably, I'll be packing enough snacks. I'll be like, oh, I'm just eating this corn for lunch, Tony, and you'll feel like, why are we committed? I guess yeah. So I'm going to bring my lunch every single day to work that I go to work, and I'm not going to order uber eats if I'm working from home, which I have fallen back on during lockdown because that's easy. So I think that that for me is it's genuinely going to be challenging. But I'm actually really excited and I feel like I'm really excited to see what everybody else does. And I think I'm going to end up with FOMO because I know the second that thread comes out, people are going to have better ideas than I had.
Speaker 1: So there's that, but hopefully some of our ideas have given you a little bit of inspiration and I'll get Jess to pop up a little thread and you can all talk about what you're going to do, and hopefully, yeah, it's like the kick that you need to do a little bit of a challenge. Because as well, we've seen lots of people talking in the group about being in lockdown and going, I'm just spending so much money because.
Speaker 3: I feel crap about being a home. It's so easy to feel awful when.
Speaker 1: You're home and do that little naughty Uber eats order because you go, oh, I could make a coffee, but I really like the one down the road, and then you Uber eats ring coffee, Uber eats ring, Uber eats eats a no bring whatever, and then spend.
Speaker 4: August has really got to your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't take any money already.
Speaker 3: All right, that is enough about accountability, August. Let's do some money wins and confessions before we wrap this up and get out of here. Let's throw it straight to Georgia King. All right, what have you got a confession? You just staring at me being like, don't do it. We'll get it over with.
Speaker 5: So, as I just said before, lockdown meant that I spent a lot of money on coffee, and it also meant that I spent a lot of time on social media. And as you guys know, that's not my jam.
Speaker 1: That's not usual, George.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound like you know.
Speaker 5: I've been scrolling. I've been looking at things, clicking, liking.
Speaker 1: Commenting the basic premises.
Speaker 5: But I found in doing so that I want more, I really want, and I've been buying things and I shouldn't. And we always say she's on the money. To unsubscribe from the marketing emails, unfollow those pages that make you want to buy, and I just like it following.
Speaker 3: I say not as we do for the podcast.
Speaker 5: You know, I've just really noticed it, like I've never really did this.
Speaker 3: Jumper jumpers a lot.
Speaker 5: I saw many jumps.
Speaker 3: I don't need anyone do. I feel like you.
Speaker 1: Always jumpers, really jumpers and coffee.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to like unsubscribe and unfollow and try and be more zen.
Speaker 1: I've been doing that a lot lately, muting a lot of Instagrams because I still want to support them with the follows because it's like a brand that I like. But I just go, oh, you know what, I can't really look at you right now, and it actually makes so much of a different really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Jess, you are awfully quiet. What have you got for us?
Speaker 7: I have a win ya, but it's a loss because it's a deep up win, like a week too soon. But it's really fun because, as I said, I've been cleaning stuff out, putting them on deep up selling a few bits and bobs, and a.
Speaker 3: Girl purchased a couple of items.
Speaker 7: And I do this thing where like, if a person purchases like a bundle of items, I'll usually do them a cheeky like discount, and normally people will ask that because we all love our bargains when we're shopping second haand online. I do it too, totally guilty. But she didn't ask, and I was like, oh, hey, like I've knocked five bucks off because you've purchased a couple of things. And she was like, oh my gosh, thank you so much. I'm going to count. This is a money win for the much it was Margaret from the community, and I got so excited.
Speaker 3: So that is literally sunny win.
Speaker 1: Life win.
Speaker 3: Margaret. I'd love a photo of you in the clothes cheers Maggie, But like, oh that is so cute. I love that so so much. Can I do my money win now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have two? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the first one is actually related to jess is. There was this dress that I really wanted and couldn't find it. It sold out really quickly, and it sold out really quickly. It probably didn't it was just too expensive for me to justify at the time. Founded on Facebook marketplace, but for rent, and I was like, oh, like, I don't want to rent it. I actually want to buy it because I want to wear it more regularly than that. So I messaged the girl and said, hey, totally no, it's up for rent, but I'd love to buy it when you're done with it, like let me know. She was like, oh, I only have like one more booking left on it. You can actually buy it from me. After that all counted as a money win. She was also from the community, and that's so bad. But I nearly forgot about that as a money win and it was literally the best thing ever. She's like, oh my god, I'll package it all up after you know it comes back. I'll dry clean it for you. And I'm like, do I need to pay you more for that like, I will cover all of it. I just want the dress. Yeah, and yeah, it was like I paid I think twenty five percent of the original price, which is a money win for a dress, and I'm like, seventy five percent off.
Speaker 7: Yes, And it's like seeing the community in the wild, Like it's so fun when I like bump into someone or if someone sees this and SA's high, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, you're an actual busy No, it's so fun, Like you guys are faking. This is so weird.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: And then my actual money win, which is a big money win slash money loss. I bought a car, which I'm very excited about because it's been a long time in the making and I think our team are a bit sick of the car that I have right now because.
Speaker 1: We don't all fit in it.
Speaker 3: It's like a small two door coupe. It was the first car that I purchased when I could afford to buy a car for myself, and I still love it, like I haven't sold it yet because I literally love it. And I'm like, oh, I have to go to a good owner. Like I love her. I've looked after her very very.
Speaker 6: Well, but when I'm in the front seat and then Tony's on my lap and then the dog's on Tony's lap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like like awner and it's got like the squishiest little back seat. And now with Lucy the dog, I needed something bigger, right, So obviously if you upgraded your car because of the dog, like it was a factor, is that bad?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 4: Thread on this? Did you upgrade your car for your dog? Put a threat?
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Style make a thread I reckon lots of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I needed a bigger car, right, But in true she's on the money form. There is no way I was purchasing a brand new one. And with current car prices, there was also no way I was purchasing something secondhand in my state because they're all really overpriced, like COVID pricing is wild. And so I was also happy put this purchase off for ages because I was like, all right, like, it's no worry to me. I don't want to be stooge on a bad deal. Yeah, anyway, found one interstate. It was over in Perth Perth car Market preserve, yes, but it wasn't nearly as overpriced as what the cars in Melbourne were and I got in contact with them. It was like a wholesale dealer, so you know, to be owned by someone else before, which I clearly was okay with. And they were like, yup, cool, Like we can ship it over to you really easily. It was all included.
Speaker 1: It did your process.
Speaker 3: Yes, but like I got a secondhand car for literally like twenty percent less by buying it inter state than I did by buying it in.
Speaker 6: Melbourne, and even the cost of shipping it over still way cheaper.
Speaker 3: Yep, still way cheaper. So I obviously did my numbers, had a spreadsheet the cost of shipping it over, paying for registration in Victoria, and the insurance and all of the stuff that goes along with that, because you also need to get like a road worthy and there were a few hoops much cheaper, still more than twenty percent cheaper. And I'm very very excited about it because now I can fit my whole team in the car and my dog.
Speaker 7: We can go and get nuggets, we can go through drive through as the person always relegated to the backseat.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited to a door a the going will be a luxury.
Speaker 4: Can you get the lever for me, I'm still in the back here.
Speaker 3: Again, Tony. What is your money win or confession?
Speaker 1: I have a confession. So over the past week, my boyfriend and I have been moving house, and I know that I've talked about it a lot. So this is I promise the last time. And we got a cleaner in to do all the last bits and pieces, and they were like, the real estate agent came back with a couple of things and they said, there's a few more things that you've got to do. Would you do you want to just come in and do them? And I said, no, please, just get another cleaner and I'll just don't pay them. No, it's too.
Speaker 4: Late, I know. And they probably cleaned it himself. The real estate agent probably took your.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you didn't get Jess to call them and like query about she would be so sassy on the phone. It would have worked out in your favor and you could have just bought her a hot chocolate or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but well, for the sanity, it was a bit lazy, but a bit of a confession that there's there goes a bit in there, a little bit of cash which I probably could have hung on to, but I just won't spend it next month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that. Ryan.
Speaker 3: If you got something you'd like to share with the group.
Speaker 4: I'm an idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well could you tell us.
Speaker 4: Something we do? And I also have a confession.
Speaker 6: I lost my car keys again one so I lot of car keys a while ago, but I've only now got around to replacing them because I've been using the spare keys and it's one of the you know, I don't want to say proper ones, but.
Speaker 3: You know, but like the electric ones are really expensive to.
Speaker 1: Especially when you drive a Volkswagen.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of Volkswagen, it comes from Germany. The actual key. They're like, oh, we have to call Germany to order it.
Speaker 1: Prog I don't think called hey Germany, how are you?
Speaker 4: How about those Olympics we beat you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, classic, I assumed, and I knew they weren't going to be like cheap cheap, but I thought I'd go into the place that does the service, mister minute, and they would just open the.
Speaker 4: Drawer and go, yeah, cool.
Speaker 3: Mate, here it is another one. Is that not the case?
Speaker 6: It takes five weeks, they have to order it from Germany. Then you take your car and you didn't have a spare, and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, maybe hey, gone, guys, locksmith's sort of thing like probably.
Speaker 3: Get in the car, but like you couldn't drive it. And if that's the case, I'd pay a locksmith like a couple of hundred dollars because I feel like Ryan's about to tell us what his key cost.
Speaker 6: Four week weight from Germany. Then they have to program it in the computer and it's going to cost over three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: That's how much my cleaner was.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're both as dumb as each We are idiots.
Speaker 2: No, you are not.
Speaker 3: We all have money, wins and confessions for a lost key.
Speaker 7: Can a locksmith make a key based on it? No, that's probably really only thing.
Speaker 4: Well it's for a computer.
Speaker 7: No, But like does your car door not have in addition to the book, like a key?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 4: Like normally they.
Speaker 7: Do, because what happens if you're like battery dies when you're out.
Speaker 1: New fancy cars don't have that.
Speaker 3: Old apparently, yeah, we're definitely like, my new car doesn't even have that.
Speaker 7: Okay, Ryan, that's been nice.
Speaker 4: It's an old car.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a Volkswagen, very nice. So once again, Ryan's just letting us know how rich he is. That's actually all I want to talk about right now.
Speaker 6: It was actually my wife't car that she owns. I lost turkey.
Speaker 4: You married rich.
Speaker 3: Money. You're not getting out of this. But as always, that is all we have time for today. So just before we head off, we'd like to acknowledge and pay respect to Australia's Aboriginal and torrest Rait island of People's. They're the traditional custodians of the lands, the waterways and the skies all across Australia. We thank you for sharing and the caring for the land on which we are able to learn. We pay respects to elders past and present, and we share our friendship and our kindness.
Speaker 5: And remember, guys that the advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or a financial decision, and we promise Victoria Devine is an authorized representative of Australia Pacific Funds Management Proprietarily Limited A what is it g Proprietary Limited a BN three four one three two four six three two five seven AFSL three three nine one.
Speaker 3: Now quick question, Georgia, did you forget that that was your job and scrambled for your act? Yeah, okay, I saw that you found it in record times. But yeah, as always, if you want to find us on socials, come and be friends in our Facebook group where we share money tips and tricks every single day free of judgment. So so she's on the money on Facebook and join us and we'll see you next week guys.
Speaker 1: And make sure hang on, make sure that you jump into the group and tell us
Speaker 3: What your oh yeah, hey,