Speaker 1: Quest John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm in the most dangerous vehicle I could be in right now, and that is Jack's ute.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're the one who people will find out on today's show that had praying in the car park yesterday.
Speaker 2: So now I do want to be rude on air. But that lady reversed into me. But I just made it sound like that unasked. I didn't want to be rude. Hi, this is the podcast intro with me and Jack Eyes on the road at all time. We're headed to our brewery to go and have a look at the beer as it comes off the shelves.
Speaker 3: Now it's not our brewery.
Speaker 2: Technically they should gi us fifty percent of all the blugs they've had on air. Now, things we need at the moment on the show, A couple of things came up today's show. If you've got any stories about moving furniture, big and unwieldly furniture, a little bits of furniture like the guy you're about to hear got trapped by wardrobe and actually trapped in the wardrobe. And also have any of you actually banned from something Part A and Part B or is it part one and part two. But anyway, banned from something, but bonus if it's been banned for life. I bet you've never banned from anything in your life, have you, ah band?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I'm a good boy and from two pubs about seven years apart, not the same pub. Unreally behavior one, to be fair, it was only a couple of years ago. It's actually very embarrassed, embarrassing to be banned from a pub and you're an adult. But they had a really good juke box there, and I put in a load of requests, you know, once you put your money, your coins in, like loads of old classic albums in the eighties, nineties and seventies. I want to hear some Springsteen stones. They turned it off and this guy, this idiot hipster, was there just playing, started playing on his decks that were on the bar and was playing like awful kind of trance music. And so I said, turned that turned us off. I had had quite a lot to drink. He just carried on and I used some stronger language and let's go there. I'm out in the streets for life. I stand by. I don'tant to go back in that place. Plus you still at me two bucks in my unplaced Springsteen and Stoves. Shame is a really good pub, Okay. Email me is always Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. Does this have any air cup corn? It's really hot in here.
Speaker 3: We can put the windows down.
Speaker 1: That is the aircon the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh look, it's Monica Lewinsky.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, sir.
Speaker 2: I was terrified a tree would grow my lungs and I would die.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian o'connall Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one o four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning Wednesday morning, Christian O'Connor breadforst show.
Speaker 5: Good morning Jack Post.
Speaker 3: How are you Christian?
Speaker 5: Worried about yesterday?
Speaker 2: I was leaving this fine radio station out the front of this fairy radio station where I have I'm lucky enough to have on the parking sports right out the front here verstly car little accident or prang into another person's car at the front of the radio station.
Speaker 4: Pats, I saw the commotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you saw it. You witnessed it, but didn't stop to help.
Speaker 2: No, where were you because everyone else came to out They now to get the jaws of life to cut me out the car. It was touching.
Speaker 5: I'm lucky to be here today.
Speaker 4: What's he done?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: So where were you?
Speaker 3: The shadow standing in a window in the top four go.
Speaker 5: With that old voodoo doll. A daughter has to be.
Speaker 2: Putting a pin in.
Speaker 4: No, I actually thought you were swapping cars. It didn't look that bad.
Speaker 2: But where were you? Why didn't you come and check it all out?
Speaker 4: You sound group of people around you eyes.
Speaker 2: So it was one person ray and that was the last person union. He could make it worse. It's the craziest man in radio. Turned up out of nowhere like some sort of shadow and was like mister Wolf from Reservoir Dogs. He was going, get just get out of here. I can. I can sort all this outway. I did get the girl. My detail was right. I've got some tea cut up buff that out. Just get out of teacoff Pommy.
Speaker 5: Teakoff short he ever prefers to him as Pommy.
Speaker 2: So where were you? I mean annoyed that you were like lurking or watching someone.
Speaker 4: No, I was just I happened to be talking on my phone as I thought you were swapping cars. I didn't realize, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Swapping car?
Speaker 4: Who just that everywhere here? Because not ever you don't have a park full time unless you're like Christian O'Connell. But I thought someone might have been going into your park in there was sort of like, hang on, just move my I.
Speaker 2: Was moodily swapping cars by ramming mine into theirs. And how about I nudge you into that bay there.
Speaker 3: When someone swaps over to another car park? Why did people get out of their cars and crowd around and go riding a little bit to.
Speaker 5: Start looking at bumpers and looking at your bumper?
Speaker 4: I tell you what, though, lucky it wasn't raised big. Have you seen raise big thumping?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got like a John Wick card. It's some beautiful car.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Ray is the guy who when we ever have to record ads at this station, he's the one who records them and goes give it more live.
Speaker 2: He's been working in radios about two thousand years. And the last voiceover session I did with him, so he when you do one of these voiceovers for adverts, there's someone barking into your ears. And the last one I did about two and a half weeks ago. I come in, what client it was I did the first read and I thought it was pretty good. Right, he went, have you come back without any humanity or warmth? And I wasn't sure if it was right or inner dialog. God, that's deep, still thinking about it right to my last breath, my humanity or warmth. And then it's I did another read with hopefully more humanity in it, and then he went better, next one, PM me better, next one. That's all he does. So yeah, the worst thing about it. So it's just a little praying into her bumper. But she was driving a higher car. If it's just hard car, it's easy to get someone to sort it out, you know. Whereas now the worst people to have any praying with a higher car companies.
Speaker 3: That's a blank check for them, don't they just make it up?
Speaker 2: Jack, You can't enter a blank checking to pay your bills.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: You guys ever sleep on your arm in a weird way so that you get pins and needles or that dead arm feelings?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I do frequently. It's horrible. So you've got to do that little fist pump in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I roll over to the side and throw the arm off the bed so that it regenerates.
Speaker 2: But those big long lings of yours, like a daddy long edge, You've got to do that the rest of us mere immortals. Now I do the thing where you flex your fingers in and out's trying to get the blood going again. It's horrible.
Speaker 3: Well, last night, I don't know how I did it, but for the first time ever, I must have slept on both arms and they and I woke up and they were both dead.
Speaker 2: How is that humanly possible?
Speaker 3: I guess like they were crossed over my chest and I was on sleeping face down.
Speaker 5: No one sleeps like that on your belly.
Speaker 3: I move all kinds of ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're basically face down on the bed, hugging your sound.
Speaker 3: Imagine how a vampire sleeps in the coffin. But I'm flipped up the other wise. It's more like you fell from an air into the bed. I don't know what I did, but I woke up with that weird heavy arm feeling, and then I usually shift to one side and throw the arm off the bed, the affected arm. This last night, I had to shift my whole body and turn it around to throw both arms off your bed.
Speaker 2: Your poor petit wife, whilst the long limbed jack bost like he's ninety nine percent of the bed is chat.
Speaker 3: And now I'm at a ninety degree angle from my usual sleeping position, so my legs are draping over her and my arms are back over And was she able.
Speaker 2: To sleep during this?
Speaker 3: I think she She's a pretty heavy sleeper. Actually, when I used to wake.
Speaker 2: Up the dated no no, no no on a Friday, sleep half four, I don't want to see old Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Jesus JO she is a consensual sleeper?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 2: The title of today's show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Take him on in six twenty five, Christian O'Connor Brackfast Show lakes Laparty. This is where you can email us about anything we've been talking about on the show. No topic is completely left dead at first. We've got Tiff Franks yesterday on the show. We were talking about on five to but Tuesday getting trapped, Christian, I was trapped myself in a bedroom. I was moving a large wardrobe as a potential phone in next week about moving large objects. There are always a nightmare. Have you ever tried to move a fridge or you.
Speaker 3: Were just telling us this morning about when you did plats. Did you know he shipped over from England his washer and dryer, Like, wouldn't you?
Speaker 2: That is just no the company we're paying for the weight of everything.
Speaker 5: Guys, me and the kids got it.
Speaker 2: It was cheaper than flying out. We're all in there at the dog. But what did you know we could wash our own clothes.
Speaker 3: What did you have to stick through it?
Speaker 2: Like rods poles like to stop the essentral drum in your try and moving obviously? Is it's shipped across the seas for six weeks? Yeah, Christian, I wants to trap myself in a bedroom. Was moving a large wardrobe and one room to the other. I got wedged against the banister. Well, I tried to move into the hall. It's now half in half out of the room. There's always that chipping point, isn't there where you're too late to go? Actually, this is too much for just me. One of the doors swings open. I couldn't put it back into the room, and I couldn't move it out. I finally managed to wiggle it just enough so I could actually climb through the wardrobe and out into the hallway to answer this. I then discovered that the wardrobe came apart, so I actually made all the effort for nothing. That's t tiff Christian trapped. In year ten, we went on school trip to Paris. We went to Disneyland or the Final Devi a visit. We were given the freedom to roam around in groups. There's your mistake around there, freedom teenagers roam around in groups. No good comes from the second half of that equation. Me and a few mates banding together and heads straight to the Tower of Terror. The Rider is a series of vertical drops in a carriage in side the tower. Having waited at least an hour in the que we finally got ourselves strapped in. I still don't understand why we did this, but whilst we're being propelled up and down the tower, my friend decided to fling his backpack into the air one idiot and shouted. All of a sudden, the lights went out, The ride came to a shuddering hole, and an angry Frenchman on the PA system singled out my friend in the front row for violating health and safety code. We were then left stranded in the ride with angry French people for about an hour while to shut down the ride from the rest of the park covers and slowly brought us back down to the top of the tower. Once they pulled aside and told us that we caused any disruption, our school would be banned for life from Disney Paris. Our teachers then informed us we were to stick right by their sides for the rest of the day. That's from Newman's Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Life bends is another great topic that we have to open and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, banned for life. It's the over the top banning. Is how are you going to enforce that? Manager's staff are going to come and go? Who's going to carry the flame for my lifetime banning? Yeah, lifetime bannings are moving large objects as well. Let me know Christian at gold one of four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, then, so we're gonna do smarter than Google? Why is it so?
Speaker 7: Are you smart?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Then Google?
Speaker 2: Baby? This that production must never ever be played again? What that is? Our former sound producer no longer works for the show. He should have packed that up and took it with him with his posters and his lucky gonks mark. Why would you leave that? What does he say? Baby? For no reason says that it's twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: Why is it?
Speaker 2: So? Are you smart? So?
Speaker 8: Then Google Baby?
Speaker 2: We go with it this morning. Okay, now we need new one for next week. All right, then smarter than Google. This is where we ask you not to go to Google. Do not pick up your phones, don't go to desktop computer or your laptop. Let's try and work out the answer to questions together using our collective brain power. So this morning's question actually comes from producer Brad. We were chatting today before if we wanted to get an answer to some questions, what questions would be like to ask? And we were talking about how you should always empty out the lint drawer or the lint dryer after you've used every cycle on your tumble draper.
Speaker 3: I am clee that filter every time I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and take out the little water drawer as well.
Speaker 3: The water drawer I think is on a more expensive version of thirst dryers a state.
Speaker 4: You've got a steam dryer, have you.
Speaker 2: Now, It's like you know, it's the drum. You put it in there and it drives.
Speaker 3: You don't have to have the like the evacuation pipe that goes outside the house.
Speaker 2: Things called act What is it in outlet?
Speaker 3: Yes, we have a pie that essentially goes under the house and sprays out all the water.
Speaker 2: Got draw like an actual draw on your desk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's more expensive, is it?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 2: Because I've got to empty it every time. I'd like a pine that just got rid of it.
Speaker 3: But it means you don't have to plummet outside the house.
Speaker 2: Great event. Anyway, everyone's on tenter hooks. Listen to this this morning. Our question is the lint itself? It is always Producer brand was right? A bluey hue? Yes, gray, Yeah, but it's it's always that colored, regardless of what you're actually drying, whether it's white gear, white gear, criocke of whites that my trampolining outfit, my unitard always white. It's always a bluey kind of hue. Why is that also? Little life hack here? When you empty out the linch draw, don't throw.
Speaker 3: Away what do you do with it?
Speaker 2: I put it into a little food bag And if there's any accidental spillages in the kitchen, it's a great kind of makeshift to dab and clean things up tissues next to me. Come round, I'm going to show you my sandwich bag of lint. Also, if you want to ever sort of you ever trying to make a pin cushion or make your own homemade cushion, eat some cheap stuffing as well. Lint works for a treat to make your own pillows, yep, pets, stuff playing with it as well?
Speaker 4: Stuff from your belly button? Does that go in with it?
Speaker 2: That's the same color as well? That's bluey? Why is it all right? Don't go to Google? Why is it always a hue of blue? The lint nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one o four three. Bonus question today as well, the team do not want me to ever ask you, but I keep putting it up every week is do penguins have knees so muddy?
Speaker 3: The waters were too quick?
Speaker 2: The waters, however.
Speaker 1: I want to muddy The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Raster in the mood, asking questions, trying to get answers. I saw the creepiest Valentine's Day ever yesterday. Do you think this is creepy? Yeah? A card says in the front. Happy Valentine's Dear Daddy. I'm going to send it to the boss anonymously.
Speaker 7: Game.
Speaker 3: I don't think. Yeah, the hole muction be encouraging Valentine's Day cards to go between family members. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: There are certain communities that are okay with that, and.
Speaker 3: Or that you know so rural you sometimes.
Speaker 2: The jeans are all blended together. And I don't mean the genuine ones. You know, someone's been peeing in the old gene pool out.
Speaker 4: There and where are Dad always.
Speaker 2: Gets Valentine's my brother sister one card delete. It's applicable.
Speaker 3: Your dad gets you one.
Speaker 4: My dad gets my little girl one every year since she was born.
Speaker 2: That is nice, that's nice, But going the other way, happy Valentine's Dear.
Speaker 5: Daddy just creep me out. I saw do you remember?
Speaker 2: Also? I remember years ago there used to be your affections to somebody. They used to have giant Valentine's carts, you remember in the in the shops they have really big ones. You don't get any more than some Patsy don't mean that we're like padded.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't remember.
Speaker 2: They were padded really well with I think lint that we are doing hang on, let's play the production. Baby Hi, we're doing smarter than Google.
Speaker 5: Why is it so you.
Speaker 1: Google?
Speaker 2: Baby h? We ask you not to consult Google. We're trying to work out the answer to questions this week. Lint it's always a bluey color, the lint that's left over, the lord fluff in your dryer after you've had a cycle. Why is it always blue? And a really big question today those penguins do they have knees? All right, let's go to David. Good morning, David, Hello, Christian, it's Dio here. How are you, Dano, Good morning, Welcome to the show, my friend, And what can you tell us about lint?
Speaker 7: I can tell you definitive why the lint is blue?
Speaker 2: Off you go, mate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the philosopher doctor Carl actually proved it a while ago.
Speaker 3: It was a philosopher, that's right, doctor Jack.
Speaker 7: He proved that it's blue because the majority of clothing, most eyes tend to have a blue bass. So your dryer tends to pull a lot of blue lint out, and that's why belly button lint is blue. And doctor Carl actually won an Ignoble prize by proving why belly button lint is blue?
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Those prizes there, Yeah, the ones they've had this are actually really interesting, aren't they. You're right so much so. It's blue one of the primary colors, and that's why it's used so much as a primary bass color and clothing.
Speaker 3: Yep, I believe your dare, but I don't. How do they make red out of blue?
Speaker 7: Oh? Magic?
Speaker 2: There you go. That's why I got that price. Well, Danie, thank you. You don't know anything about penguin's knees anything in this area.
Speaker 7: Not that, not that I know of.
Speaker 3: Can you ring triple J for us tomorrow this time next week we'll meet back here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you very much to give us a cool mate, great answer.
Speaker 2: Cheers. Matt Is on the line. Good morning, Matt Man, got something penguines. This is exciting, Matt. Hey, guys, Matt, good morning morning man.
Speaker 10: I've got a definity answer about the penguins for you. How are you going?
Speaker 2: Oh last the Holy Girl. I'm very excited to hear this. Do penguins have knees?
Speaker 10: Yes, they're doing now. Make my four year old son happen to ask me. After watching Happy Feet. We were at my parents' place and they don't have internet reception or mobile phone reception. So we had to go to the old full nineteen eighty seven edition of the encycled Breedia.
Speaker 2: But what is it saying, the good old leather bound Encyclopedia penguin.
Speaker 10: Large amount of her and feathers that cover the majority of their legs. So it looks that they've gotten really short legs and their needs for them actually definitely got longer legs than me have got knees.
Speaker 2: This is brilliant. Well, I'm excited to know this finally. For years, I've always wondered about this because and I think it came from when I first saw happy Feet and I'm like, I don't see any nudging of a knee underneath that little that little thing. Then Morgan's voice sober as well, when he saw March the Penguins, he didn't mention their dainty little knees. So it's a bit of a mystery to me. But now you clear that up, Matt. That is great, Matt, Thank you very much, mate, brilliant cool.
Speaker 10: Take care.
Speaker 2: We need to go on to eBay right now. We need to see if we can buy a set of Encyclopedia Britannica. I will pay for this personally, we will get a shelf built in the studio. When we do smarter than Google or reference anything, we should go old school. We won't go on Google anymore. We'll go to our encyclopedias. We need to buy the entire set right acking through to z. Let's ever look at eBay? Can you are they still being sold?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Encyclopedia Britannica. Those used to be the on back in the day, leather bound collectible. It's what knowledge came and they updated it every couple of years. Because guess what knowledge got updated. This is all before we had all the world's knowledge, everything that's ever been recorded nanoseconds on our phones. Now, it's crazy when you think about it. Just put any question in about anything. Now we can get the answer to it, thousands and thousands of words of articles and stuff like that. But years ago you had to wait for them. I think I remember, Pats. I don't know if you had this here we still do. You remember the old ancient daughter door sales people that used to come out. It would be a makeup lady that would come around once a night, called the Avon lady in the UK. And then there would also be the guy that came around selling hawking these leather bound Encyclopedia Britannicas you.
Speaker 3: Would buy and he's big backpack.
Speaker 2: Oh, this guy is rip. He would have a suitcase and he put up in your street and go knocking on the door with this giant suitcase that had the brochure and these leather bounds, highly collectible, highly coveted Encyclopedia Britannicas. And we're just talking about we don't think called smarter than Google, and we ask you not to look at Google, try and work out the answer questions. And one of the questions was do penguins have knees? A lovely guy I finally called it, called Matt, called in and said that he was running his mum and dad's A little four year old boy asked him that after watching Happy Feet, and they didn't have phone or internet excess out there, so we had to go through his mum and dad's Encyclopedia Britannica, and they found out that penguins do have knees. By the way, but it made me think I would love to own an entire set of the bound Of course, of Encyclopedia Britannicas. That we could get a shelf built in the studio, so have them on because we often do need information, don't we.
Speaker 3: Yep, And it would make you on the videos, it would make you look very important. It's like a lawyer who has a bunch of books behind him.
Speaker 2: Suddenly a Fifi and Eddie here that I actually have my di suppose to what my fingertips here on my studio desk, not just fadures, but parbably does the show with leather bound encyclopedia. This is why they hired it all the way in the UK. But I need to get hold of some soon. What's going to go on eBay? It turns out loads of you listening have actually got them.
Speaker 5: Edmund, Hello, Christian Hell, I'm good.
Speaker 2: So do you have a set of an entire set eighth and a Z of the Encyclopedia Britannicas.
Speaker 11: I do, mate, probably from the definitely from nineteen nineties, and that's exactly where I bought it from Knock knocking on the door. I was a bit of a sucker for those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, have youone used to follow that those people used to make a fortune. They always had like a really flash car.
Speaker 5: The salespeople as well. So we actually is it still at yours?
Speaker 2: Do you own it?
Speaker 11: It's still there, yeah, in mint condition? And maybe probably I kept the yearbooks going for a few years too.
Speaker 2: Mint condition. There's another thing that used.
Speaker 5: That's another word from that time, isn't it so?
Speaker 3: Is that because you were trying to preserve them, Edmond? Or you never really found yourself reading them.
Speaker 11: Back then? You have probably read this a couple of times and looked up a couple of things, but it just seemed to be too hard to find which which one to go for?
Speaker 2: And families, middle class families like to have them on display, didn't they to try and give an air of education stuff that they were.
Speaker 11: I had a couple of young kids there too, and we even got the children's one.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it. Yeah, And then you used to bring out special editions. I seen to member as well. Now, Edmund, can I have this?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you can have it?
Speaker 2: Well, you're happy just to give it to me. I'm happy to pay some money.
Speaker 11: Oh well, you know you're you're a pretty generous sort of a guy. Listened to you every morning, and what would you offer me?
Speaker 2: I've got five thousand beer coasters at the moment, more than one can have one thousand beer coasters in exchange for your Encyclopedia britannicash.
Speaker 11: Sorry, Christian, I don't collect them.
Speaker 2: What else do you want?
Speaker 11: Bet some cash?
Speaker 5: How much do you want.
Speaker 2: Backs? What kind of listeners have we got? I actually want to charge me one thousand dollars. I can get the information on my phone.
Speaker 11: Mate, but the game is don't call Google.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get a Lucas. Good morning, Lucy, Good morning Lucy. Have you got sets of Encyclopedia Britannicas.
Speaker 12: I have a set of funk and Wagnles new Encyclopedia.
Speaker 2: Now was that some sort of tribute act to who are Funking.
Speaker 12: Encyclopedia?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: It was like a cheaper version, was it?
Speaker 12: I think?
Speaker 3: So it's the home brand version.
Speaker 2: The Australian versions is a couple of pages. So have you still got them? Rad it mom and dads? Or do you still own them?
Speaker 13: I've got them, I've got them my mom and dad.
Speaker 12: I think still have a set of Encyclopedia Britannicas as well.
Speaker 3: What year are your Funking Wagonles from?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: I was just trying to work it out, and in the front.
Speaker 2: They're all Roman. So all right, hang on, help there's an M there. Yeah, M is for millennia. That's for a millennium, so that's one thousand. What's the other one, See, that's for a century. That's a that's one hundred. So they're from the eleven hundreds, the oldest thing in Australia.
Speaker 12: But then I found in the back because it's still got the original business reply mail bit in it where you can send off and get a free map that says from ninety one.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, you used to be to get like computer maps and mouse mats and things that.
Speaker 3: We should send away for the free map.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the map. That's great, Lucy, that's great.
Speaker 2: So I'm really in the market for Encyclopedia Britannica's not the knockoff version, but thank you anyway, that's all right, So I'm nowhere near that near it's owning some am I well known for one thousand dollars on.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian Family couldn't afford the Encyclopaedia Britannica, so we got the funk.
Speaker 5: If you just tuned in, you don't know what that means. Tune in earlier, Christian.
Speaker 2: I've got a complete world book Encyclopedia sets from the eighties.
Speaker 5: Not Mint, but GC good condition, good condition.
Speaker 3: Min mink condition has been thrown around on the phones. Willy nilly, mink condition means hardly touched.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh yes, yeah, virtually brand new. That's what I'm saying. Mint's condition is this breakfast show mint condition?
Speaker 3: Is it even good con and used and passed around?
Speaker 2: Warn?
Speaker 3: All right, so rubbish.
Speaker 2: I'm in the market for a volume, a set of Mint condition. Will accept GC of Encyclopedia Britannica's at the moment. That closed I've got is someone literally trying to extort one thousand dollars out of their favorite breakfast show. Russell. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 14: I've got a full set of mink Encyclopaedia Britannicas and I want five hundred.
Speaker 2: It's not even unaccept I want five hundred.
Speaker 3: For the bulls in your court.
Speaker 2: Christian. What's is that your final offer?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 5: Will you accept a slab of heroes gold?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: So I can't justify fourking out five hundred dollars. I can't go home to them almost going to go. What did you buy for five hundred dollars? I've got a mink condition mind you set of Encyclopedia and got forget.
Speaker 3: The cost of the bookshelf you want to build, just store.
Speaker 2: It must be mohogany, uh, because you've got you've got You've got Micropoedia, Micropedia or whatever.
Speaker 10: So it's a full thin what's that.
Speaker 13: Of the Britannica comes in probably about twenty four book?
Speaker 10: Are the right leaver in mink conditions?
Speaker 2: Brilliant? Will you accept fifty dollars final offer? I'm moving on Russell. Thank you very much, Lisa. Have you got a full set of Encyclopedia Britannicas for me?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 13: I do, beautiful leather bound.
Speaker 9: I won't say mink condition, mate, I'll just say very good condition.
Speaker 3: This is more VC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how much do you want?
Speaker 9: I don't want anything, right, They've been sitting in my cupboard and I've been trying to get rid of them for years.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Now whereabouts are you? I'm in murder right, so we need to get them from Murnda to Richmond asap. I need that leather bowd knowledge.
Speaker 3: You want it right away to day you haven't used three year and a half. Now all of a sudden, we must have them now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm telling you now, when they look back at the ratings for this year, they go, what did he do after that? We know that's what the tim Once I got them, encyclopedia's my knowledge and the show will explode.
Speaker 3: Lisa, what year are your encyclopedias?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 9: They were nineteen sixty five, and they also come with two dictionaries.
Speaker 2: I was that Sorry, I'm going to have to withdraw now from my offer. That is too old that knowledge we need eighties, nineties will except. But sixty five, I mean only be a couple of pages. Well, that's all the new and sixty five.
Speaker 9: Ah, Look, he's going to read the dedication on the front. It's just dy awesome. All this look dedicated by permissions to the heads of the two English speaking peopils, Lyndon Baines Johnson, President of the United States of America, and your Majesty Queen Elizabeth is second. I can't get better than that.
Speaker 2: So they're the two previous owners of that worth a lot more, worth more than Russell's one thousand dollars set.
Speaker 3: You picked it up at a garage sale the Queen.
Speaker 2: Lyndon Johnson's cyclops roshow. That's amazing, Thank you much. She's going to Sandra now, good morning, Sanchra.
Speaker 6: Oh, hi Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 5: So what have you got?
Speaker 13: We have got?
Speaker 6: Let's hear this mint condition?
Speaker 2: Great? Back in the mint market.
Speaker 6: Yeah, back in the mint market. The leather bound Encyclopedia Britannica, and we're looking at the eighties and well eighties and part of it has dedicated to Jimmy Carter and then United States and her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: The Queens enough get some perks. She wants to be on the money, wants to be dedicator all encyclo Breedy Britannicas. They don't cover this and that's Netflix showdle that they're.
Speaker 6: Crown and this is my google going through high school in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: So and it's family legacy.
Speaker 2: That's great. So did you use that for doing all your school projects and homework? Would you consulted them?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Absolutely, that's we had to go consult and then go from there. So it was amazing. So we've got all the numbers up to I think nineteen twenty and then it goes into Roman.
Speaker 2: Numerals, brilliant. So are you happy for ustrate to have these?
Speaker 6: How much are you willing to.
Speaker 2: SiO? Where our hostess to mind?
Speaker 6: But we're happy for save one hundred or fifty bucks to go to the estate.
Speaker 2: To go to the estate.
Speaker 5: The state of what a state Lyndon Johnson.
Speaker 6: My mom's estate. This is a family legacy.
Speaker 2: This is now getting very awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to get to rid the estate of there.
Speaker 6: We're ready to move on to a lovely home and someone that's going to use it. That's where we want to put it. So fifty bucks, That's what.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about, Sandra, that we'll get this. It will arrive in a week and we'll look at that and go, oh yeah that idea. Do we really want to do that?
Speaker 2: I can't teach something your mum's estate. Does your mum know about this? You can't be all gonna family heirlooms behind her back like this.
Speaker 6: Happy to move it on, Christian because it's just sitting lovely in a bookshelf.
Speaker 2: It's a breakfast represented ever. I know it's paying your bills, but is there anyone ever been in this situation when this is a calling up demanding money of them? Is this a norm here?
Speaker 3: What are you going to do? Hundred bucks?
Speaker 6: Come on, Christian, I've been listening to you some day one.
Speaker 2: But then I've got someone right now, Tracy, who's offering me the entire set for free. What do I do?
Speaker 6: But Tracy doesn't have this one with the majesty on it.
Speaker 2: She's in all of them right, she's everywhere.
Speaker 3: What year is Tracy's from?
Speaker 2: I can't see it looks like nineties, so it's fresher knowledge. Gonna have to put out. Sorry, it's good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Take the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Text it for Michael, Hey Jack, how Christian? Here is a bloody Encyclopedia tire kicker bag boost.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 2: It's that go a look under the bonnet.
Speaker 5: Of those cyclopedias, Christian.
Speaker 2: I've got a full set World Book Encyclopedia that my Harvey and Sis we keep. Please take them. I trade you one Heroes gold beer coaster mint condition. They are all mint condition.
Speaker 3: But we want the Britannica, don't we We don't want any knuckoffs.
Speaker 2: Or I do not want the funk either. All right, So welcome to Battle of the B side. So our Hero's Gold, which today Jack and I head back to the factory floor or heading back to Hawkers. They're coming off the production line. They've all been canned and they've got to sit for a couple of days. Then they're going to be shipped out to you. Everyone has been pre ordering our bushfire fundraising bit Heroes Gold not long now to it can actually be in your hand. You can raise one and raise some funds for the bushfire relief effort here in Victoria as well. If you do want to pre order it Gold one I four three dot com dot au. Yours has already been shipped. You've had an email notification.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that right? Because aren't they canning it today?
Speaker 2: Well maybe they just mean that you're picking up yours. The shipping goes into your carboo.
Speaker 3: So I go get it straight off the line the production line.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we have a travel came yestate of start to record the jingle which we're going to go with for the A side. But it means we have a place on the B side.
Speaker 15: Welcome to the Battle of the B Sides. Let's get ready to jingle.
Speaker 2: In the D corner.
Speaker 15: You've heard of John and Yoko. Now it's time for music.
Speaker 8: So you power couple.
Speaker 15: Melbourne, Salmon, Indy and in the blue corner he's a bona fide triple thread at us singer jingle maker all the way from Broken Hill.
Speaker 3: It's vat.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the first of two semifinals in the important place, the Battle of the B Side. Two very strong contenders. We had out about thirty entries. All have you taken a lot of time to make these entries for Battle the B Sides and the beer jingles as well? Thank you very much. If it last night there was a lady sent one into me as well. However, we start the first two semifinals today.
Speaker 5: You get the vote in a minute when.
Speaker 2: We open the lines on nine four one oh four three oh first, then this is the husband and wife Tuo, Sam and Andy Heroes.
Speaker 16: God, dude, something the Firies have, something they deserve. We're not indestructible.
Speaker 8: Let's raise her process of heroes.
Speaker 2: Gold, gold, the.
Speaker 8: Gold, the gold good, the hero's gold.
Speaker 2: It's strong.
Speaker 5: Thanky, Thank you guys. That's Sam and Andy.
Speaker 2: I get the feeling he's more committed to it this project than she is, and she's doing it to keep him happy. And then there's this guy vow This came in about two weeks ago. There's actually a full song of this that's three and a half minutes to the beach Boys. Don't worry Baby. This one's called beer Me Baby from vow Van. Actually, I looked at his email foots, as you know, I'm always obsessed with email footers and signatures. I saw that it was an actor and filmmaker, so I jumped on IMDb and I found listener vow Value. This is from his IMDb Profisters Spielberg cast from IMDb. Val is suited to fierce military and law enforcement characters.
Speaker 5: He is also.
Speaker 2: Befitting two darker underbelly rolls as an assassin Adulter and all the others as well. This is amazing and but this is the song that he sent in Assassin Adultera.
Speaker 17: This guy.
Speaker 2: Is a small he.
Speaker 5: All right, which way you go? Then you decide.
Speaker 2: We'll take five calls on this, five calls to decide it all nine four one four one o four three. Are you going to go for vou just bear Me Baby? Or do you go for Sam and Andy And the version of Gold with the husband and wife duet the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Just as one of our production team, we fucking have the sound effect of maggots pouring out. Do you know what I think? There's a game where listener is called and do a s recreate a sound effect and we've got to guess what the sound effect is.
Speaker 15: Welcome to the Battle of the B Sides.
Speaker 1: Let's get ready to jingle.
Speaker 2: In livery corner.
Speaker 3: You've heard of John and Yoko.
Speaker 15: Now it's time for music's new power couple Melbourne Samon Innie and in the blue corner he's a bona fide triple friend at us singer jingle maker all the way from Broken Hill, it's battle.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the first semi final and the Battle of the B sides for our heroes Gold Bear. We've got a great.
Speaker 5: Jingle that's been made at the moment.
Speaker 2: I have a great A side needs a B side and we've got two semi finals because the competition was so stiff, and the first semi fi and it's between these two great eight entries, husband and wife Sam and Andy.
Speaker 16: Heroes Gold Something. The Firies have, something they deserve. We're not indestructible.
Speaker 8: Let's raise a process of heroes gold, gold, the gold, go the gold good, the hero's gold.
Speaker 2: And then thank you the triple threat of very own Hugh Jackman of the jingle world, but of the B Sides, Val and his amazing falsetto voice. Don't be me baby, just hear.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: You just hear, the only entry into ballad be Sides that actually does seriously have a listing on IMDb.
Speaker 5: In between projects.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to light now, five calls, all decide it all who is going to be the winner of the first semi final.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Naomi this morning.
Speaker 1: Nami, good morning, Good morning, Christian, name me.
Speaker 2: Good morning. I hope you've had a good week so far. Who are you going for?
Speaker 14: I am definitely voting for Val.
Speaker 12: Please, amazing music.
Speaker 2: William, Thank you, Chami, good on you, Thank you, Teres, Teresa, Hello Christian you. I'm good to.
Speaker 5: Hope you have this morning, mate, Thanks for cooling the show. Which were you voting?
Speaker 7: Oh, Sam and Andy all the way, San Sosa, I'm there at the bar listening to it, cracking a coldy gold.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much the support us. Well, have a good day.
Speaker 2: You too, Cherry Cherry, Hello, Helloa hi and wish we go mate, look definitely val.
Speaker 13: I love the nineteen fifties vibe, and I just think it's really clever. I just think being me baby, I think it's just a great hit.
Speaker 14: I think it'll be a hit.
Speaker 2: Do you know what if he does go forward to Friday and he does win it after play the full do I have to play the full through? It's a little bit too much. All right, Jurie, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: She caught. I have a good day.
Speaker 2: Pleasure to thanks Jeffrey morning, Good morning, Jeff. Which way is anyone keeping?
Speaker 3: Tell too? For vel? One for Sam and Andy?
Speaker 2: Which way you go?
Speaker 10: And Jeff, it's kind of embarrassing, but you've got to listen to but I've got to go with and Andy.
Speaker 2: Kind of embarrassing embras. That's great, Jeff, very funny. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: So it's Evans at the moment to you and two wow, it's.
Speaker 2: All on Warwick, Good morning, Warwick? Is this down? I fear this might be the mysterious because an actor can play so many dinner adulter, assassin, excitable caller, online one.
Speaker 5: All right, warrickan family. So who's in the car.
Speaker 8: That's my son Bailey?
Speaker 2: Oh fifty two A right, Bailey and Warwick. What's well? Which way you're going?
Speaker 1: Bell vow?
Speaker 2: When's the first semi final vowel?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 16: Man, you just here's a small no way we're doing throwing off minutes.
Speaker 2: Twenty two seconds. It's a perfect homeopathic dose. All right, who will vow? Facing a final?
Speaker 5: We will find out tomorrow thanks to your votes. Well dounevound The.
Speaker 1: Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Royal Australian Tour William and Kate. They keep describing it like a tour, like we're going to be doing a tour announcement.
Speaker 5: Early bird tickets, front road tickets.
Speaker 1: We are the.
Speaker 2: Official tour promoter. Here on Gold proudly presents William and Kate down under Amy Park, March twenty three to twenty fifth. All right, we're doing midwek schoes Now it's over eight o'clock. We are exactly into the second half of the shows this week, so it gives us a chance to see how the first half of our week has gone so far. We urge you to do the same and let us say, are you winning losing or drawing your week so far? Text in let me know four seven five three, one oh four three. That's interesting. One we get this morning. I'll give you a bair tickets. Go and see Queen plus Adam Lambert here a week today at Amy Park. End up warming up for the actual Queen Family the Rhapsody Tour. You could be the next Wednesday at Amy Park. So says morning, what's your MIDDLEWEK score? Are you winning or losing your week so far? Oh? Four seventy five three one oh four three. I thought it was doing all right. Thought I was having a good week so far, till two things happened too. Kneel down so far going into halftime yesterday praying my car right at the front of this radio station. There's losing the girl straight away and it was some poor girl, Jenna in a higher car. So kaching because high companies are so fair about dings on cars, aren't they where.
Speaker 5: They fleece she'll rip you off. And then the other thing.
Speaker 2: Yesterday evening, Ruby, my fifteen year old, was invited to go to a drama audition right right, nothing to do with the school, and I was begging her to do it because back in the UK, Pol moved down here. She was really good at it. But now this is when she was twelve. Now she's a fifteen year old. Self conscious genes have been activated and she doesn't want to get up in front of other teenagers and strangers and audition. That says a real shame. You've got real skill for it. Just go and do the audition and then you can say yes or no even if you get selected. But just go and do it. Don't make your world small by just being self conscious. Right, I get it, but just please go and do the dish. She said no, and I said, you're getting in the car. We're going, so you can't make me. I went, well, are you're in this house? I can, You're going for your own good. She gets in the car.
Speaker 3: What happened to you're not the manager anymore, you're just the consultant.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes you've got to pick up you come with the manager again as a parent. So I walked with a car. She's trailing behind. I mean glaring at me, right, teenager glare. It's a terrifying thing. Get in the car. It's up this aggressive silence. So I go, look, I know you're angry. I get it. I think you feel better just having done the audition will help your confidence. Why don't we break the ice right now, a little game of I spy. She goes no, and I go, I'm going to play anyway. Feel free to join in. I spy A big thing, an angry thing, beginning with tea. And you guess what it was, big angry thing in the car beginning with tea? Anyone teenager?
Speaker 5: No laughter?
Speaker 2: Right? We then have more science. We went, I put some music on, don't listen to any music, all right, we'll keeping silence.
Speaker 5: We get there again.
Speaker 2: It takes the ague to get in because she's walking really slowly deliberately behind me. We go and fill out all the form so it's about eight of the kids. They're right, very sage, just I don't know, twelve to seventeen. And then they give her the awful news and me too. I'm like, oh no, this is going to get a bad. Situations about to get lot worse. Okay. The auditions, moms and dads were like usually part of the auditions just to sort of see how they are, would know and performing in front of you guys, and I'm like, I go, oh, I don't want to work, so no, no, no, it would be really nice you to come in. I didn't want to be that dad that's outside a lot on his phone doing business. So I have to go in into a tiny little classroom at this other school in Brighton. We're now crammed in. Ruby's only about four feet in front of me. For these other kids, It's now what was a really bad situation. It's just horrendous. I'm thinking this is going to be a thing in therapy for her twenty years. But then part of me is thinking, how much sometimes you hear about the pushy parent. What is she like at the oscars, you know, fifteen years from now? And actually I want to thank my dad one day. Do you want to do that audition for the Lion King?
Speaker 4: And he made me.
Speaker 17: He tried to break the atmosphere with a little bit of I spy. I knew it was teenager, but did anyone let him know? So anyway, they go to break the eyes every one. We're going to now do some improv games while I'm looking at the window. Go improv games with your dad in the room. She had to jump around the room along with everybody else, pretended to be a chicken.
Speaker 3: Chickens don't even jump.
Speaker 2: Let me do an impression of a fifteen year old and doing an improv game in front of dad with an ever stranger.
Speaker 5: It's been a chicken. It was like this that.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to do. It's like what you're looking right now.
Speaker 5: Acting out right now.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work too well to radio, but trust me, it's this is an angry chicken.
Speaker 3: What is best described as a chicken trying to pick a fight with other chicken.
Speaker 2: Just this, this roosting father, he was glaring at me, was trying to pretend to be a chicken. Then it was time to pretend to be a washing machine. I'm not. I'm now eating, sniggering right looking out the window. Then she had to pretend to be an aeroplane and the guy goes to make that noisey crash trying to get it to get she was salndary. Then she had to do Then it was time for the five minute monologue, and to be fair, she smashed it. She did a scene from Romeo and Juliet actually started to wear I actually start to well up with tears around the back. It wasn't just fear of the car trip home. She was so good. She did brilliantly, but we did manage to laugh about it. On the way back. I said, there was silence of going until I got the car started the carts went.
Speaker 1: How about that chicken? The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Second half of the Week. Now work out how the first half your week has done. At halftime? Are you winning, losing or drawing your week? Let's know most interesting text we get on four seven, five three, one, I fourth throw, give you pair tickets. Go and see Queen plus Adam Lambert next Wednesday night the Rhapsody Tour at Amy Park. Because in my car windscreen got fixed today, cnamo buses or uber for me, so I'll be winning tonight tonight in the car guess a meaning Jeff losing the week? Drops my lunch everywhere? There's nothing worse, and he've made a lunch and it drops everywhere. Run out of petrol, cleared the cat and it's dirty after the second day, Luke, do you.
Speaker 5: Think he means car clean the car and it's dirty of the.
Speaker 3: Second mean when we clean the dog, she does get dirty in two days and you get annoyed by that.
Speaker 2: Cats get dirty real clip. But would you clean a cat? No, they're self cleansing.
Speaker 4: Some people do bath their cats though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what it is bad enough trying to get you ever try to get a dog in a bath.
Speaker 4: Try?
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, I try getting that German shepherd in once. I almost need to go and get a gum shield and a head guard. She was like UFC grappling.
Speaker 3: Our dog will take still take a wide berth around the bathroom door because she doesn't want to go anywhere near those time.
Speaker 2: No way, not this carboy, not going back on that rodeo again. No way.
Speaker 4: We have to get the horse float washing guy around. He's got a horse. It backs up the driveway.
Speaker 2: Christian, I'm winning, got a pay rise and a loon approval to buy my caravan. That storm and Tony Jack, are you winning, losing or drawing your week? How you getting?
Speaker 3: I would say I'm one all at the moment. A goal scored for me is my hero's gold is apparently shipped and on its way. We're going to see some of the cans get canned today.
Speaker 2: I've had a couple of text on listeners. There's they've got the notes as well late last night. So it's on the way to you. If you want to pre order, head to gold one a four to three dot com to you, Jack, and I going down there today to have a look at all the cans coming off the line heading to you.
Speaker 3: Where I'm losing the week is on Monday. You know I had that new Larry David shirt.
Speaker 2: I yes, it's a very cool one.
Speaker 3: I thank you. I bought it on the I was really happy with it, only got one aware of it. Then when I put it through the wash, it got bit grimy from I don't know what from like grime on the door of the washing machine maybe. And then I looked up how to get stains out of whites without bleaching it because I didn't want to bleach Larry David's face off. It said white vinegar, so I washed. Then I washed all my whites white vinegar to brighten the mark. And yesterday I was wearing that white long sleeve and it gave me a rash under my arm.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'd be too much vinegar. I think you just dab it on the stain.
Speaker 3: Oh, I put it into the where you put the fabric.
Speaker 2: Why would you? It'd be worse than bleach. It's an acid, isn't it vinegar? It's not, it's not neutrals. But I read it.
Speaker 3: I read it on wiki how it's an empty a whole liter of it? Put a liter?
Speaker 2: Did you fed up the drawer or something?
Speaker 3: I put it? How much you would put it fabric?
Speaker 5: Now you dab it on the what they call affected area.
Speaker 2: So it's just got the affected area.
Speaker 3: Well, the stain didn't come out, but the rash is under my arm still today. Oh vinegar rash.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Used that kind of phrase again on the show about your vinegar rash and that car together.
Speaker 5: The Rush Brothers. Patsy, how are you getting on?
Speaker 4: I'm not good this week to nil down first being the violin comes home tonight from school. Yeah, and then secondly, I've still got this mountainous pimple on my forehead.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to move your head back from the microphone back the spot the spark's stint of being throw into the mic I just move move your head forward again to see if we can. Actually that's the elephant. Mess pats his spot on her forehead. It's actually getting bigger, stranger things.
Speaker 4: It woke me up. The night robbing the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sibly clarity, then Luca's text earlier he said he was losing the week. He dropped his lunch everywhere, wrent out of petrol clear, cleaned the cat and it's dirty after the second day was as we thought, he's cleaned the carts a type. He called back into a clarification. There, Christian, I've had a whin. I found a new breakfast show and you guys are it hoax. Thank you very much to giving us a go hoax the trucky welcome to the show. And by the way, hose, if you're when it's safe and convenient, let me know where you come from. For my own independent research. We've got the you know the big bosses in town tomorrow yep, head office, guys, head office. Christian I bathe cats, dogs and chickens. The things you do if you have show animals, heo THEO would have someone name Night. THEO would have show animals.
Speaker 3: Things you do?
Speaker 2: You have show animals chickens. Come with me. We have a performance at two o'clock at a kid's party this weekend.
Speaker 3: I always imagine the show animal types to be divided whether you were cats or dogs. I never knew you mixed.
Speaker 2: Rad not our friend thea. This man runs a show bizarre of animals that all get on very well, not very clean.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time to call one of you up now.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's fifty thousand dollars your feel.
Speaker 2: Homes for fifty years. So far we paid off see three four hundred and ninety dollars worth of bills. I have sixteen thousand some of the dollars left to give to you.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: All we need to do is head online Gold one I four to three dot com dot au. We don't want the breakfast show once. Then I call one of you. Are but ten one and four literally doing long days at the moment, but that is yeah. If I've got a problem, I care too much. All right, you've ready to call someone right now? Jack, let's go all right. All you gotta do is pick up.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 13: Jane's thinking, Jane, Hello, tell you.
Speaker 2: I can hear us in the background. No, no, oh, change. Do you know who this is?
Speaker 13: I'm thinking it's Christian, Yes it is.
Speaker 5: You're live on gold right now and we are calling to pay off your bill.
Speaker 13: That's wonderful, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Jane, this is quite a curious one yours. So, Janey, you the noisy snorer.
Speaker 13: I am the noisy snorer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, eh, yeah, And what was your husband like putting up with for years and now you decided to get something done about it.
Speaker 13: Well, it's only a recent occurrence, this snoring really only in the last sort of eight months, two years or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've got an eight hundred and forty dollars dentist bill. What's he doing taking it with your teeth?
Speaker 13: No, they're making a it's like a mouthguard that sort of moves your bottom jawl forward so that your air passages can breathe more freely. So you're not making the snoring noise contract kind.
Speaker 2: Of medieval Contraptionally put yourself like the iron tore or something.
Speaker 5: You put your head into a crush helmet at night, just closing the visor.
Speaker 13: Well, just go outside and sleep outside.
Speaker 2: Of something cheaper than forty dollars for this thing.
Speaker 13: That's only half of it. I've already paid paid more than fifty percent of it.
Speaker 5: Right, just a left hand sides really quiet at the moment, but there are outside. It's very snoring. Your husband just sleeps on the left at the moment.
Speaker 13: Yeah, right, okay, it's a it's a a fitted yeah yeah, mouth contraption things that.
Speaker 2: It's the official title the mouth contraptions.
Speaker 13: Please, yeah, stop you're snoring. Hopefully, Well that's the plan. Anyways, this just doesn't work.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I'll be outside, I think right.
Speaker 5: Okay, so eight hundred and forty dollars, we will pay that off for you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now you can get the both left and the right, put them together.
Speaker 2: For the mouth contraption.
Speaker 13: Yeah, great, love, brilliant.
Speaker 2: We'll let you go. That's on us. Okay, thanks Joe, nice to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Christian, Bye bye the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good luck to us said he's owns Bearrick. It's some big awards Doe tonight for all the car dealerships of Australia. I think over the last six years they've won it five years the best car dealership in Australia got a big, big note for them. So HOPEU they're trying to win it again tonight. I've said my if they don't, please pull all advertising this show does not need to be supporting runners up in the car in the strings.
Speaker 3: Throw them out with the winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah that person job not winn I think of us our sales director. Just now, all right, So Jack has had a You get a lot of these targeted adverts these days. You know where you're googling for something secretly, and then suddenly Google whispers in Facebook's here, and you go, hey, I thought Google thought that was just between us, and you got these ads. Spot up.
Speaker 5: You wonder whether eaves dropping you not just watching your keystrokes and what you googled?
Speaker 3: Well, this one, I promise I haven't been googling. It just came out of the blue. I'm not your wife, but it is a plan B should anything happen to this showgo. It's not jigglow. It is the old clinical trial experiment with drugs be our guinea pig, and I don't know why it's targeted me. I thought we were safe here and that my employment here would be ongoing and I wouldn't need to.
Speaker 2: It's breakfast radio.
Speaker 5: The only person, did you hear? Who knows the only person who was safe air?
Speaker 2: But Trina Jones put her in the middle of that Chernobyl reactor Hitawat's out fine, all right? Well many come and go, one doesn't be Trina Jones see them all off.
Speaker 3: So I'm not interested in doing a clinical trial. But I did one when I was nineteen and after i'd left tertiary education and before.
Speaker 2: So was this a formad job education?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't go to union. I didn't want to say we know you to get to unis crystal clear that Tayee is good. And I actually learned a lot there film and television school. I hadn't started in radio yet, hadn't been discovered by Hamish and Andy, and I needed money and did a clinical experimental drug trial.
Speaker 2: So did you think that you think that you hear about this but would go away to like a hospital unit or a couple of days.
Speaker 3: So I had to stay in the hospital room or specialized hospital room set up for drug trials for three days and three nights. Essentially you do nothing. They just give you meals and you watch cricket and play video games, and they never there's a twenty five percent chance you get a placebo, and there's seventy five percent chance did they give you a pill?
Speaker 2: Every couple of hours no.
Speaker 3: I think it was once per day and they but you never find out if you've got the placebo or not.
Speaker 5: How big was the document you had to sign? Not page, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Pages and I sat down to read it properly, and then I skimmed and I was like, I'm sure they won't let you die, so it should be fine to sign the bottom.
Speaker 2: Same with that contract here, you said the same. I said the same.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they won't let me die.
Speaker 2: So you you you were told. I think they tell everyone they were the placebo. They're not going to tell anyone. Yea, Hey, listen, you've got the old. No, you've got the strange drugs. We don't even know what the side effects are. But have a good life. Hey, you're getting a thousand bucks, so you know, think about the chicken parmers you can have.
Speaker 3: But it was good money. We've got sixteen hundred bucks and for nineteen that's pretty good money.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Friend of mine did it at university. He went away for you for three I don't know what is. It's always three days to three night. It went for three days computer games and this is like the mid nineties, and he got like three thousand dollars, so I wouldn't you do it? But two years later he had a lump come up, little one, but a noticeable golf ball at the back of his head.
Speaker 3: And he didn't get the placebo.
Speaker 2: Well, he was told that he got the pacibot as well. It wasn't benign or anything like that, but he definitely had a lump that came up on the back of his head. You I bet this. People were listening who have done these clinical trials? Would you ever do them? Person?
Speaker 3: I know I was going to suggest maybe this year for the show, you know how we always do adventures and experiments to be.
Speaker 2: Fair pats on that forehead of hers it was getting bigger, perhaps actually become activated. Perhaps his forehead has got some big lump on it.
Speaker 1: The smrnings King was.
Speaker 2: Men are new sound producer right for last sound and half been asking how to get the sound of a throbbing sound effect. That is what it's this isn't it?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 3: That's his horror movie to me, like the Pimple's going to take over the show.
Speaker 2: He started with this, a little bit of radio no how.
Speaker 3: No, no, that sounds like you're doing a fake heartbeat.
Speaker 2: This was getting closer to the throb right now, we've got forehead cam right, that's a bit there.
Speaker 15: But this.
Speaker 2: Stepanovich this Saturday Night on nine, it just feels too production anywhere we get there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today's time waster due to the minor prang out here at the front of the radio station yesterday, Patsy yet again cut my brake, leads, I know it's you, okay, damn it, and I accidentally reverse slightly into the.
Speaker 5: Back of a part.
Speaker 3: Can't how bad was the damage?
Speaker 2: Let's move on. So today's that word time waste is smash movies. I've got t boning Miss Daisy. No, yes, it's the side of old Miss Daisy. Poor Miss Daisy sat there t boning Miss Days again, t boning mis Days. Dude? Where's my neck brace? Whiplash? Dude? Where's my neck brace? Ferrets viewers right off? Oh clever, yeah, and kept thinking about pine Up for the last two hours. Could they get a pine up one? I've got the Green Parlor.
Speaker 3: I would have skipped it, you know, I was looking for a part.
Speaker 2: Where's my neck brace? I've got whiplash? T bony Miss Daisy Oh and the Lord of the Dings.
Speaker 3: I have Chitty Chitty praying, praying. I bet your pardon, chitty chitty else kind of airbags, white man, white men, car bump. Oh, sometimes they look better skipped along with the Green parlor. Collision impossible or in your case, very possible.
Speaker 2: You did it.
Speaker 3: I know what you dinged last summer. Nice and Angela's crashes.
Speaker 2: That's very good.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show pod.
Speaker 5: This is exciting.
Speaker 2: About twenty minutes time, we finally get to the sense of the business that has preoccupied the show flast eight shows when we're talking about mixed businesses. So many phone calls abou various places you've seen, but one that really stuck out was the here in Melbourne, two businesses under one roof, pet crematorium, car mechanics. We speak to a guy who's at the center of it. Works there. His wife came up with the idea. That's about fifteen minutes time. Patsy actually just said to us about you know, and I've been through this before with I've got ashes of vire died a couple of years ago. Well, when they put them in the cauldron, I don't think they put them in a cauldron in the speak with all that boiler on your head and the you know, all the worry about the poultice of what have you gone? Medieval?
Speaker 5: They don't starts like a couple of witches working out the back there tired.
Speaker 2: Head by mister tingos see the way she in there to a microphone like a trustee news with the furnace. All right, it's expensive to get your pectromated, of course a fortune. Yeah, when I don't passed away. They go as two options. The cheaper option is part of a mass.
Speaker 3: Yes, mass cauldrons apart or you can tape.
Speaker 4: Did you tape?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went for the upgraded one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get sucked in.
Speaker 2: Wound and I don't know that they're just chuck him in with a lot of other animals, sniff the ashes and go there's half a terrapin in here and an eighth of a parrot. I wouldn't know. All right, Okay today is that what time waste? After a minor car praying? Yes, that's o the front there radio station involving me, uh, smash movies, Jack, you're ready to mark, ready to go? All right? The best ones don't forget the best one goes to see Queen plus Adam Lambert next week, Amy Park, Charlie's Bingals, Silver plus Muzzle and Cranbourne Crashed in the Future, Silver Crash, a Blancer, Civil Plush nice. I like that ring uh toeing private rhymee. That's funny, it's broken down. Yeah, that's a Civil plus Nicole, caddy Stack Bronze you Amy and Dupree, Clever Insurance, Sivil plus world Mark and Frankston South. That doesn't work, claims trains and automobiles. That does work, Gold Wayne in Sunshine, well done. Uh, once upon a time at the panel Beaters, Gold, Pete and Corfield were done. Tango and Smash, Silver Stacks in the City, Silver Dings in the hood S, Bronze Bingle all the way, Gold Django, Ue inshured Gold You didn't put your name on that.
Speaker 3: That's really good.
Speaker 2: You who send that in with the last three digits of your mobile one nine two? That is really funny, very smart, Chango Uninsured is clever, Fender bender like Beckham, as is you Liz in Campbellfield Silver plus Forest Bump, Silver Gone with a ding Silver The fault in our cars gold Yeah, rah In Epping very good. Meet the Wreckers Bronze. Okay, who gets the pretty smart one today?
Speaker 3: I love claims trains and autami biles, but Janego Uninsured is our winner today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to go and see Queen plus Adam Lambert.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast God.
Speaker 2: One at four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Let's go back eight days on five topic Tuesday. One of the things we were looking at was mixed businesses. You often see this around town where it's not just one thing, it's two things. And we have some great calls. One that was about the there was a cafe taxidermy. There was also the burger place that does your tax returns. And then the one that we keep coming back to is the pet kremitor him and the mechanic car mechanics and pet Crematorium. And on the line now eight days later from talking about this, we have Kevin who actually works there.
Speaker 1: Kevin, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 14: How are you love the show? You've always had a lot of laughs, brilliant, Thank.
Speaker 2: You very much mate.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, we've been fascinated by your business.
Speaker 2: A few people are Is it genuinely pet crematorium an your car mechanics?
Speaker 1: Yes, But what came first?
Speaker 14: Well, I've been a mechanic for more years than I care to remember, and when my my wife retired from RAC the Road Service as a dispatcher, and she decided we decided that for some research to open our own crematorium.
Speaker 2: Now we've all done research online. What research allegends, well, goes a bit like this.
Speaker 14: There are I think about ten, maybe twelve of these services available on the whole state. So it's a feeling narrow. And we had to get the right equipment, which happens to be locally made. And yeah, see a bit of money invested in it the while we go.
Speaker 2: So can you do this right?
Speaker 5: Can I come and get my car serviced?
Speaker 2: But at the same time a beloved cat or a dog or a parakeet be cremated.
Speaker 14: With the proper rangemus? Yes, no problems. It takes about four hours to do the cremation and probably about half that to do the car service. But in winter time, I have a centrally hated workshop.
Speaker 2: Wrong the world crematorium essentrally heated don't belong together.
Speaker 5: But it's very hot right there?
Speaker 2: And can what about if I come in? I'm very upset, my beloved dog has passed away. My shit's here.
Speaker 5: But then you also go, hey, listen, we can sort this out for you. That car's looking a bit dirty.
Speaker 2: What about a valet?
Speaker 14: Well, after being an URSA road service patrolmans for twenty years, yeah, I do tend to get oh, hanging a second, that's something wrong with your car. But I don't tried to run up business.
Speaker 5: I don't need to, right, And so was it your wife's genius idea?
Speaker 14: This bit of both? Actually?
Speaker 5: And how's it going?
Speaker 14: Absolute hammer and tongs. I could have could have gone, it's really hot and going like that.
Speaker 2: But well, okay, and what have you done this morning? Have you been picking up some more?
Speaker 14: Well, unfortunately I had to go to the Melbourne Aquarium and pick up two penguins, king penguin and a gen two penguin that unfortunately passed away the other day.
Speaker 2: Who did you pick up? I know a couple of them there.
Speaker 14: Well, if you notice Sebastian king penguin as well, we had a good friend called Finn. Yeah, exactly. Well, they're here to be processed and returned.
Speaker 3: In a couple of days, and what did the aquarium do? Withes?
Speaker 14: They are going to take them down to the beach and release them.
Speaker 2: That's lovely, beautiful in the gift shop as a paperweight, An told you if.
Speaker 14: You really want, because it's one of the little services that we have. Exactly, I can't actually get that done.
Speaker 2: It's a nice way.
Speaker 3: So your pet lives on together as a paperwork, your pet, not the penguins.
Speaker 2: Fin and I were actually pretty good buddies. After some days, after a bad show, I go down there and just tap on his little window and have a wave and he flappers at left wing at me tomorrow wager won those gorgeous hidden they have all right, well, Kevin, thank you very much. Give us a cool this morning. What is the name of the business.
Speaker 14: It is called Elysium Fields, which is the Roman legend of heaven.
Speaker 2: A lot came out of.
Speaker 5: That research session on the computer.
Speaker 6: And this.
Speaker 2: Heaven. It's a great greasy kar mechant there in heaven and crematorium.
Speaker 14: No, no, they won't let us up, all right, Kevin, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Cool. And what's the name of your wife? Say? How do you want?
Speaker 14: I watch Julie and she used the boss she rounded business.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much for giving us a goal.
Speaker 14: All right now, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Alright, p Sebastian and.
Speaker 1: Finn The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: God run a four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. So Jack and I are off to the Canning Factory today Rothter Hawker's where heroes go on. Our bush Fire fundraising beer is actually coming off the Canning line now and put into slabs to be sent to you guys. Some of you already had emails saying it's ready to be shipped. We've seen it. We're going down there in about ten twenty minutes time.
Speaker 3: You can see it on our Facebook page and Instagram page. It's actually so cool to see something that we, you know, an idea, an idea we came up with the net actually getting made in.
Speaker 5: A real factory. It's so exciting for us.
Speaker 2: We're just a breakfast show and to stumble into something like this that has been totally support by you guys. You know, almost a thousand slabs pre ordered now Gold one O four to three dot com dot A. Hope you're really enjoyed with the beer gets to you in the next couple of days. If you want to do it before it comes out in Dan Murphy's which is about two and a half weeks time, you can buy it in the fridges of Dan Murphy's and b WS pre order. It is the easiest way to get it before everybody else. Gold one I four three dot com dot au. Seeing this video of the Cans coming past the camera, it's like a kind of grown up, boozy version of play school.
Speaker 5: Let's go through the beery window. That's how we're going. Now, have a good day. We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Hi Christian. Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast