Speaker 1: Laura, come on, hello everyone, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Brittany, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Feel so weird just saying Britney. But Laura is not here. Laura is still coming out both ends. Let's call a spade of spade very unwell.
Speaker 1: If I was that sick and I had Maddie j doting around me in the house, I'd be like, I'm fine with this.
Speaker 3: Jacknie dotes dot with his shirt off, for sure.
Speaker 2: If if he was doting, it'd have to be top les or I wouldn't want it.
Speaker 4: What's the point I think he would anyway?
Speaker 2: Anyway, you know what's so funny.
Speaker 1: I wish I could paint a picture of what it's like to be doing the pickup right now, because I'm sitting here. I bring my snacks because it's you know, it's awkward time after lunch, before dinner, we get a bit hungry.
Speaker 3: I bring two literally at the pickup, literally, I.
Speaker 2: Got two ball eggs. I'm gonna sit here and peel.
Speaker 1: In the songs, Brittany Hockley bagel, ham cheese, toasted fresh.
Speaker 2: She's got a Piccolo coffee or fresh coffee.
Speaker 1: I'm here cutting my nails and peeling a hard boiled egg like A.
Speaker 4: Know why because yesterday you said you'd bring me my afternoon snack, and what did you bring me?
Speaker 2: I brought you an egg?
Speaker 3: One egg? Do I look like I can survive off one egg?
Speaker 2: Bit the egg?
Speaker 4: I love eggs for sure. I am that person that goes against the grain. You know how, there's like all these workplace rules you can't eat eggs.
Speaker 3: Eggs and tuna are my favorite things.
Speaker 2: I agree, I reckon if you want it. We are all working, We're all in the fish bowl of all. If I want to crack over in a can of Tuney for my little three pm pick me up, let me crack over a can spring water, oils, chili, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I completely agree with you. Go bron this that's why we're best friend. Hey.
Speaker 4: I have the most embarrassing moment on the weekend when I was Wayne Hamilton I on with my partner BM. I haven't told you this yet, but every time I think about it, I die a little more inside.
Speaker 3: Yea to share it with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's coming up here around Australia. Welcome to the pick up for your Tuesday. Oh thank you to Chemists ware House heading today. Great savings every day.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've seen this yet, Mitch, but that seventies show actor Ashton Kutcher has been like proper trolled.
Speaker 3: On x Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever it is.
Speaker 3: This so long story short.
Speaker 4: He made this comment in an interview a couple of days ago about how AI is like so incredible and he's going to take over filmmaking, like take over Hollywood industry. And I don't think you could tell he didn't really understand what he was saying, or we didn't really think it's through. It was just a comment that I think is probably pretty accurate for the future. But he's basically saying, why would you go out and shoot an establishing shot of a house in a television show when you could just create the shot for one hundred bucks?
Speaker 2: Oh with Ai?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to go out and shoot it would cost you thousands of dollars action scenes of me jumping off this building. Well, you don't have to have a stunt person go and do it anymore. You could just go do it with AI. So he made comments that were probably had a lot of truth to it, and the whole industry is tearing strips off him. I being like, are you well yeah, like, oh cool, you're gonna put every stunt double out?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna put every script writer out?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Like everyone's gonna lose their jobs because people like Ashton Quatcher are saying, Hey, AI is going to take over the world.
Speaker 1: I get it, But has he checked recent AI? I mean maybe in five years. But a couple of weeks ago on our show we put AI to the test because there was a new update. AI can flirt.
Speaker 2: Back with you.
Speaker 3: Hey, I can do everything.
Speaker 1: I can get your hot under the collar. So we thought we'll let's test it. So Ashton, if you're listening, I don't think you've got.
Speaker 2: Anything to worry about.
Speaker 1: What I've done is I've spoken to the gods at Chat GPT and in a radio world first installed now in the cloud.
Speaker 2: Chat GPT's here in the room with us.
Speaker 3: Welcome Chat GPT, Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi, Chat GPT. Can you hear us?
Speaker 6: Yes? I can hear you. How can I assist you today?
Speaker 3: I would like a pickup line for a hot guy in a bar.
Speaker 6: All right, here's a playful pickup line for a hot guy in a box. Are you a present? Because you've just made my day unwrap itself with excitement, Oh.
Speaker 3: That I just fringed. I just wrapped that present straight back up box.
Speaker 6: How about this one for a hot guy in a box?
Speaker 2: No, we don't need another line.
Speaker 6: I need oven myths to handle you. That's a fun way to acknowledge his attractiveness with a bit of humor passed.
Speaker 3: I've got one. What is a pickup line? You could use it a funeral.
Speaker 6: Here's one for a hot guy in a box. This box. Because you're looking angelic.
Speaker 3: We can't rely on chat JPT to either of you.
Speaker 4: Have a goode chat JPT. Can you please rate this pickup line?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Here's a pickup line for a hot guy in a box.
Speaker 3: He's definitely not got anything to worry about. We couldn't en get a pick up line. How are they going to shoot a whole field? Hey, I want to know, has anyone ruined your wedding photos?
Speaker 4: Well? Maybe you ruined someone's wedding photos? Because I did his exactly that on the weekend and I've never been more mortified.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't get out of there quick enough. Literally, I'm going to tell.
Speaker 2: You about it after the break, all right, to pick up after this.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the big stuff today. Did someone ruin your wedding photos? Now I'm not proud of it, but I may have done just that. On the weekend, so my pardon, Ben and I went to Hamilton Island on a very beautiful, like romantic trip.
Speaker 2: It looks gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Okay, not an ambassador Hamilton Island, but side note, go to Hamilton, but I will be Yeah, it's incredible. It's our second time then. Anyway, there's this one part of Hamilton Island that it's like the top. There's this part called One Tree Hill, which is a lookout.
Speaker 2: I've been there. It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: One Tree Hill. Yeah have you been there?
Speaker 4: Oh? So you go up to the top and the sunsets and it's like one hundred and eighty degree view of the ocean and everyone goes up there. There's proposals there, there's weddings there, like there's music in the background.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. It's a beautiful place.
Speaker 4: And as we were cruising up we saw like this kangaroo, and Ben, being from Switzerland, still is like so excited by our Wi animals. But to be fair, I don't want to completely throw them under the bas I am still too excited about our wildlife, Like I see kangaroos and always want to stop and take photos. Now, Hamilton Island, your only crews around on a golf buggy, like there's no cars, which golf buggies go about twenty klongters an hour. So we're coming up this hill to the lookout and we see this kangaroo on the side, so we're like, oh my god, like, let's stop and do a photo shoot, an impromptu you photo shoos.
Speaker 2: He's excited about it.
Speaker 3: He's excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 4: So it's it's sort of going around a bend on the lookout. There's all these beautiful, big, thick palm trees. So I fang the golf buggy off road onto the dirt hill and that the little kangaroos having like the time of his life. So we get out and we start doing like this whole photo shoot with kangaroo proper, getting the angles, getting down like lay on the ground like, you know, just being as cruise as auld possibly be. And then I hear this, are you quite done?
Speaker 3: And I was in my head, I was like.
Speaker 2: Excuse, excuse me, like a person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I turn around and to my horror, there is an entire bridal party for four bridesmaids, four groomsmen, bride and groom and they're foundly doing a wedding shoot on the headland, just on the bend.
Speaker 3: I didn't see them when I hanged in My kangaroo.
Speaker 1: Photo shoot was in the background.
Speaker 4: They've got this whole bridal party, so they've obviously stopped been.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, we'll let these people just take.
Speaker 4: One photo of the head No one would have expected us to sit there and do like this whole shoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no one's been with Brittany when she's doing a photo shoot. This isn't a This isn't what your standing mom does on a trip, you know, with a Maui camper van pulled to the sign king, let's send it to grandma. Gets the ring light she carries around a ring lights. Trypo she screws it into the ground. Ben get the angles bend, horizontal and vertical for reels. You're so I've gone on twitch now.
Speaker 3: You're so full of it.
Speaker 4: What I will say might efen is I was working with animals, so it does take longer to get don't get the animal to look anyway to make it funnier. I looked up and I saw that they were waiting, and they were all in the line with it like they were ready, and I was like, how did I not see you? I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. Please let me move really quickly. But you can't move quickly in a golf buggy, you can't.
Speaker 3: So I jumped in the golf buggy. Everyone's everything's quiet because it's a romantic spot and you have to put it in reverse. Silence me.
Speaker 2: Whip.
Speaker 3: So I reverse out the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Tried to get out really quickly, but I had to scoop past them at twenty kloms an hour and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, like, skewed it off. Didn't even let Ben get in the golf buggy. I was like, see your suck.
Speaker 1: You'll be quicker on your feet, mate, just walk. Oh that's so funny. Called Tasman, Do you share this experience? Have you ruined someone's wedding?
Speaker 5: Someone ruined my wedding for it is It was only a couple of minutes after my ceremony and someone one of my guests spilled red wine down the back of my husband's suit jacket. Light covered sit jacket.
Speaker 3: Do you know I don't want to up your story.
Speaker 4: I've actually told this before, but I spilled red wine on the bride's dress after the wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just trying to make it feel better that it was. But like, this was the bride's dress.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what happened at producer Grace's wedding.
Speaker 1: Grace goes meet j I got all the photos from your from their wedding and this was like two months ago, and then she's like, oh, like, here's the link. If you want to look at it, you don't have to, like, didn't really want me to look at it. I'm like, that's weird, Like why wouldn't you want to look at it. She's like, there's not really any cute ones of you. It's like kind of all lust I'm like, oh, that's fair enough, but I'm like, I want to look anyway. In case I'm in the background, I can crop her out and make it about me on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I look at these photos.
Speaker 1: I understood why she didn't want me to look because it was sweltering heat in the middle of the botanical gardens.
Speaker 2: There's a photo of me watching the ceremony.
Speaker 1: I look gorgeous, but I'm wearing a white linen shirt and I have been sweating heavily through it.
Speaker 2: I've got this back patch of sweating.
Speaker 1: It looks like I've been lying in a puddle of ocean wa It's awful.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is so funny.
Speaker 4: So half the bottom half of your shirt is dry and then it is soaking wet sweat.
Speaker 3: But to be fair, you could photoshop that out totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you they are.
Speaker 4: It'd be Could you see the red wine on your grooms on your husband's suit.
Speaker 5: Yeah we could. The photographer tried to edit it out, but it was quite difficult with the lighting.
Speaker 3: Did they feel bad?
Speaker 5: But we sent a few photos back and said can you please, like really try with these ones, and then fixed those ones up.
Speaker 4: So hey, look, it could all always be worse. You could have Brittany and Kangaroo in the back of I was going to.
Speaker 1: Say, if you're a couple out there and you celebrated your wedding with Britain and the kangaroo, let us know we'd love to hear from you. Hey, next, I also had a horrific experience. I think I have cost an Australian trading out there. I'd say at least forty grand I made him. Yeah, I made a mistake on a job site.
Speaker 3: Why were you on a job.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't supposed to be that's the problem. I know, I know, I know Mitch cheery in a work site and hard art doesn't. Yeah, but you're gonna hear that next on the pickup.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I think I've cost a trade out there. And if you're listening to this and this was you, give us a call here at the pickup. We will compensate you for every dollar.
Speaker 2: That I've No, we're not.
Speaker 3: We don't have enough money.
Speaker 1: I think I need to mate because I was out on a hot girl walk you know I walk every day. Yeah, And this was last week and a torrential downpour of rain came out of nowhere, and it was one of those rainstorms that it's blue skies and then within twenty seconds gray the wind changes torrential rain.
Speaker 4: I think I saw you put a wet T shirt competition photo up?
Speaker 1: Was that the same storm I put on my inster story because I got drenched in a second. I was in a white T shirt. You could see my little Pepperoni nipples coming out of the shirt. It was one of those flash flat events that the rain is so heavy that the gutters aren't prepared to take all the water, so they start rushing up onto the driveways.
Speaker 2: The road is pouring with water. These pellets, you could hear the pellets of rain. They were like drops of pink.
Speaker 1: They were thick rain clouds. I'm like, oh my God, like this is horrific. My airpot in And I was walking down this residential street and it was so bad. I kind of had to like stop and go, what am I going to do? I'm getting drenched? And walk past his house. It's on the corner and there are all these trades and they're working on the front of the house and they're all standing in the driveway. Driveway garage door is open, so they're in the garage, sheltered from the rain, and they're looking out and you know when you see someone on the street, no one else is out because no one's dube enough to be getting this wet.
Speaker 2: They kind of look at me and he's like, like, God, terrible day to walk. And I'm like, I know, I'm I'm an idiot. What do I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And it just just just banter, friendly stranger band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this trady. He had high v's on.
Speaker 1: He was bone dry, and he kind of looked at me and was like signaled at the garage. I could barely hear him. He's like, oh, you need to come under someone like this. You needs to come over here, and was pulling his hands like look at this garage. You need to be like this, and I'm like, what a legend.
Speaker 2: He's off. He's saying, come inside to his house. I can stay dry because it was.
Speaker 4: That bad, and you be mis true loves to go into a strange man's house.
Speaker 2: Did how might I sign me right up? So what I do is I go, this is lovely. It is so bad.
Speaker 1: So I just walk into the driveway, take my first step in, and he screams, yells me, because what are you doing? I step in the driveway of freshly wet concrete they've just laid.
Speaker 3: Oh I was hoping you weren't gonna.
Speaker 2: Say that fresh brand new driveway.
Speaker 3: So like just laid the bed, wouldn't moments.
Speaker 2: Before moment and he goes, what the hell are you doing? And I'm like, you said to come in. He's like, no, I said, you need shell like you need it. You need something like this.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the same.
Speaker 2: Come in. He's like, mate, we just laid this, and I was like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: And you know me, I've got my orthopedic shoes because I roll inwards, I've got pronation, so I've.
Speaker 2: Got these big hoker black orthopedic shoes. So it looks like Neil Armstrong on walking on the moon.
Speaker 3: So then did you do a runner?
Speaker 2: No? I couldn't know. I felt so bad.
Speaker 1: I like, take my foot off, I walk backwards, but my left foot then steps in it again. It kind of pivots, so it squishes it. And he's like, mate, I'm so sorry. And he's like, you know, it's raining. We're gonna have to relay it anyway.
Speaker 2: Just go.
Speaker 1: I'm like, can I get your details? Can I pay for hisself? We're gonna have to reach Just go go.
Speaker 4: As if we all saw that time you actually bought a stranger lunch and then you ask them to transfer it back. You're not paying some tredy furk. I would have Hey, do you know what?
Speaker 3: I did? Something very similar, but it's almost worse. It's almost the same thing.
Speaker 4: Delilah, My dog and I were just going for a walk and the all the trades were laying new cement on the road, like on the.
Speaker 3: Side of like a pavement.
Speaker 4: Well it was actually the side of the road, so it was the proper road. It wasn't just a thin foot path. And there's a lot of like construction machinery going around. He had his big like ear muffs on, and I was trying to cross the road to go to a cafe, and I said, hey, can we cross? Because I didn't know how wet it was or it was just laid. I was like, and I sort of had to make the signals with my hands.
Speaker 2: Like can we cray? But you were trying to do the army stuff.
Speaker 3: Army stuff yeah, like morse code not ye. But and so I said, hey, can we like go across the road?
Speaker 4: And then he did a hand signal that I thought meant go forth, like his hand just sort of swiveled in the air.
Speaker 3: Continue on, yes, continue on, go forth.
Speaker 4: So Delilah and I cross the road and walked straight through the cement that was wet with So he has my feet going all the way across.
Speaker 3: I didn't stop.
Speaker 4: I kept going four My dog has four legs. I'd say that because Lauris has three. So Juliah's paused all across my feet, all across and.
Speaker 3: He went bonks.
Speaker 2: We went crazy.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh, crazy because I just ruined. However, many weeks of work, and I was like, I thought you waved me across. He said I waved. No, He's like, I waved the wrong way, and I said, well, I'm sorry. It's not my fault that you weren't clear with your hand signals.
Speaker 2: I think this proves that we're just terrible people. I don't think this is something either of our cases. On that note, let's go