Speaker 1: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 2: Podcast by a couple of mitch don't.
Speaker 3: Suck it up? Hello, everyone, Welcome to Drag Race Debrief with Mitchell Coombs, who sounds like he's got the black lum. You all right, Mitchell Kombs.
Speaker 4: I've been better?
Speaker 3: What is going on with you? It's not COVID? Have you got a test?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I did the test. I haven't got COVID. But I've completely lost my voice. Really, but I just adored this week's drag queen that got kicked off. The spoiler alert, you called.
Speaker 3: It, I did call it. I had a premonition. So yeah, this is episode five. We are nearing the end now. But you' a guy spoiler alert. Everyone was eliminated in an episode that was quite like even like, I don't really know who was gonna go at that point in the show where it's like it really could be anyone any week.
Speaker 4: It wasn't obvious to me that it was going to be yougoing home.
Speaker 2: I was quite a shocked, b very very upset because you know how I feel about Yuri.
Speaker 3: I agree, well let's get her on. She's here. You're a guy. Hello, Welcome to Is It Just Me?
Speaker 1: Hi? Hello?
Speaker 3: How are you Oh we're so good. Look at you looking hide Mitch. Is it fair to say that Uri is your favor this season because last week when I was like, I don't know the edit, I feel like it could be Uri, which was devastating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, don't you manifest fury being the next queen. We have to interview, so I really should be resting my voice. But I was like, no, I want to chat to Yuri because I just fell in love with you. I thought you were so adorable on that show.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 3: He's been deep throating all weekend, Yuri. He's in his decreeing era and good for him.
Speaker 1: You and me both.
Speaker 3: Do you have a partner, by the way, or are you single?
Speaker 1: I don't have a partner. I'm single.
Speaker 6: My sister said, don't say single ready to mingle, because then it will show my age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is that is very millennial to be honest, single and ready to mingle. Okay, well you're single and ready to fuck. Let's just get down to brass tacks exactly.
Speaker 4: No, sorry, what with your exit line?
Speaker 1: Live fast, e ass live fast, eat us.
Speaker 4: That's what he's ready to do.
Speaker 1: Amen, can't eat us?
Speaker 3: Amen? But if you if you haven't done it before, it could be very intimidating eating us, but once you do it, go Yeah, any tips any because we have a lot of young gays listening to the show, Any eating ass tips, uri.
Speaker 1: Well, just a lot of tongue. I guess, well, don't use your teeth. I guess it's like given a blowjob, don't use your teeth.
Speaker 3: Mitch's writing notes?
Speaker 4: Is that helping you writing notes?
Speaker 2: I feel like you're doing the whole asking for a for anything, and you're like, oh shit, up and your teeth this whole time.
Speaker 3: I know, a little nibble, not a nibble, but like a bit of you know, changes textures. You know, it's like a fidgit to.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess so.
Speaker 6: And you always have to make sure that you're are well hydrated, because yes, you can't have a dry mouth, no true sure.
Speaker 2: Or a dry ass anyway, Sorry, let's talk about the show now, like Mitch thad. Yeah, we do have a lot of younger listeners. So Mitch, I think we should kick off by asking the same question. Can we ask all of our guests?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, the start, Yeah, all right, take it away. We have this list on the show and it's it's we get all our guests to ask this one question, Okay, and it is. I'll just go straight out there and say, Urie, things better than drugs and dick, because you want our young listeners to realize that there are there's more to life than sucking dick and doing drugs. So is there anything you like to contribute? We've had a nice offset of sheets.
Speaker 4: It's a little pleasure in life.
Speaker 2: Both first, said a Kmart sushi maker, or behave said freshly cut tonaus Mini Cooper said watching Real Housewives.
Speaker 4: So like little things in life.
Speaker 6: Just little things, you know, just light in bed the whole day. It's my favorite thing to do. Just light in bed, just just I don't know, just doing nothing, vegging out, yeah, exactly, get some uber eats, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, a self care day like uber eat literalie what I did yesterday because I was so hungover, I was like, just spent the whole day in my bed, didn't what I moved.
Speaker 1: I went outside to pick up my food, that's all.
Speaker 4: And that's like the biggest struggle of the day. You're like, oh, it's so far.
Speaker 6: No, the biggest struggle is going for your first like piss.
Speaker 1: I stood up and I was like, oh my god. I was like, oh, I'm going to fall right over.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a struggle could quickly.
Speaker 3: Tell me how you felt you you were portrayed in the show. You're happy, like, obviously going home and not winning is not the ideal situation, but were you happy watching it back? Like, were you proud of yourself?
Speaker 1: Am I happy?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm really happy with how everything went, Like, honestly, there's nothing I would change. Maybe you know, I'm just really proud of myself. Then I did that thing, and I felt like I did pretty good. I was only low once besides going home. Other than that, I was always in the top. So I'm not I'm not mad, nothing to complain about.
Speaker 4: I feel like you really came out of your shell. Like the show went along too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I felt like I got really annoyed as well, everyone.
Speaker 4: Even even Beverly.
Speaker 3: That shocks me, even Beverly. What is Beverly as annoying as everyone says? Is she annoying? Or is that just kind of the gag of the season that everyone kept out.
Speaker 1: I guess it's just I don't know if I felt really bad. I don't know.
Speaker 6: No, I love Beverly, but I felt like everyone was sort of like Biverley was just the easiest to read, and just to you know, it was always like oh yeah, and Biff's here.
Speaker 2: I feel like you felt bad during that reading challenge with me. You were like, oh, I'm too nice for this.
Speaker 6: No, definitely, I was reading like I'm only good at reading. I was homeschooled, so I'm not good at reading. But oh and also I'm dyslexic. But I didn't say it like a hundred times on the show, like Mini Cooper, I love.
Speaker 4: Now She's going to cross you off the list of the only people that are nice to her.
Speaker 3: I know she what was bad about her? Who was it? It was you and Spanky Jackson on her lipstick message at the end, the only people that were nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, Spanky and Calmon. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that was about. I just thought it was funny. I was like, Oh, this is funny. Isn't it funny for you?
Speaker 2: She was on the podcast with us last week and she was saying that she adores you. Firstly, so I wasn't surprised that you made the list, But also she was saying, you know, she felt isolated by certain people. Did you feel like certain people were too harsh to her? Because I don't really know what went on.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it was just a really weird experience. I don't know. I struggled a lot, and Minnie was there a lot for me, like.
Speaker 6: It's all right, calm down, chill out. And I felt like we struggled me and like probably mentally the most, like just being in this environment and situation and everything.
Speaker 1: So like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like me and many are sort of similars. Maybe she's just me when I grow old, But I'm swear I won't. I won't be that honest and I work on my delivery.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I go along with many really well, and I don't. I don't know. I forgot the question. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I was just saying, it's there with the people that were too harsh to her, because obviously you made the list of people that were NIC's another person that made the list with Spanky, which didn't surprise me because I loved that moment between you two back in episode two when you're talking about your family and she was being so supportive and lovely. I'm going to play that moment for anyone that might have missed at Mitch if you got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is from episode two, I think.
Speaker 1: So, Yuri, tell me about your family.
Speaker 3: Are your family supporter?
Speaker 5: I grew up in a super religious family. When I was like fifteen, asked me, you know, if I was gay and stuff, and they pretty much said, if you are, we can give you help.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh no, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not gay. Every think and I was really close to my family, Yeah, but pulled back. I stopped going to Christmas and stop like everything.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then when they found out I did drag it was and just so you know, we'll never support you and what you do, just don't tell your father.
Speaker 4: It is really sad.
Speaker 1: But look, I'm trying. I'm trying. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know what. You don't have to try.
Speaker 3: You are enough, Oh god, fuck, honestly, you are welcome in my family any kind. There is always a bed, there was always a feet at the table. You know you are not of lu Oh that almost redeems her for not wearing times isn't it.
Speaker 2: Almost Mitch, you can vouch that I'm like a stone cold can't but that I've cried during that I was like, oh that is broken, just I just.
Speaker 6: Like honestly watching it back, I was like, oh, because I didn't know what was gonna make the edit, But like I was a miss that day. I cried four different times. I was it was so many things that I was just crying the whole day.
Speaker 4: How come with it? Just like a really intense environment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, definitely. I felt like episode two for me was the hardest to watch, even more than this last episode.
Speaker 1: Like this for me and a lot of other.
Speaker 6: People, episode two was like terrible in my opinion, Like it was really hard to watch and like watching it back, it was really sad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I shod one tear.
Speaker 6: Like watching myself cry, I was like, oh, this is quite hard to watch.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah gross.
Speaker 4: Did you get much of a reaction from other people?
Speaker 6: No, Honestly, everyone was so lovely, Like everyone I got invited to so many Christmases.
Speaker 1: Everyone was so probably.
Speaker 3: How are you with your parents?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Are your parents watching the show? Will they watch you in drag Race? Yeap?
Speaker 6: So everything's great with my parents now, Like they supported me going onto the show, they've seen me in drag, they've started watching the show. But I was so scared for them to watch episode two because I haven't really talked to them about how they've made me feel growing up, especially with me being gay and doing drag, So it was really hard. But they're really like this, there are one hundred percent supporting me now and they love me, and you know.
Speaker 1: So everything's great. That's amazing Ruport's drag race bringing families together. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think that's not a cop out at all, just letting them hear it on the shide either than having to bring it up yourself.
Speaker 1: I know, I try to bring it up multiple times, but I was like, oh no, I'm just skidded up. You just watched the episode, right?
Speaker 4: Is it just when podcast by a coupla mies Urie?
Speaker 3: How does it work when you're backstage or you're in that little mini untuck that they did? Do you know is there like a gut feeling where you like, you know you're going home? Like did you know you were lip syncing? Because this week, especially like everyone you did so well, everyone did really well. Did you have a gut? Like did you know what producers not look at you as you're walking like in the set, Like do you just know the day you're going?
Speaker 6: This is probably weird, but like, honestly, I really wanted to be with Queen. I really wanted to be in Queen's team because I knowe of Queen. I've met Queen many times before, I've seen her perform. She's amazing. So is it me like trying to like like, oh, peck me because I'm terrible at this one thing and I know that you're really good. But like, honestly, I guess it's sort of the thing like with Spanky. Like Spanky encouraged me and helped me a lot in the comedy hosting challenge, So like me, am I playing a game that I could think that cong could do the same and save me from going home. So once I wasn't in that group, I was like, oh fuck, I'm going home.
Speaker 1: I knew. I was like I knew I was in the bottom or something. I knew it. Like I was like, oh no, maybe that's.
Speaker 2: What Michelle meant when she said, oh, I can see that their voices in your head holding you back.
Speaker 4: Did you think you were doomed from the get go.
Speaker 1: No, I knew I wasn't doomed.
Speaker 6: Like if I thought I was doomed, I thought I was doomed from like the beginning.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm going home first.
Speaker 6: But honestly, like throughout the whole season, all I've done is just try my best.
Speaker 1: Like honestly, I was like, I'm not giving up. I feel really, I felt.
Speaker 6: Worse in the Acting Challenge than I did in the Girl Group Challenge. So like I'm the Acting Challenge, I was like, I'm going home, but I didn't. So I was like, okay, cool, great, So this challenge I gave it my all, and I watching it.
Speaker 1: Back, I was like, I did really good. I did. I surprised myself.
Speaker 2: I did great acting challenges. I just fucked in general. So I'm not surprised you felt that way honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But saying that, your Snatch Game you read like, honestly a close contender to win. You were so good. Did you surprise yourself?
Speaker 1: I did. I thought I was going home.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you thought that every damn week.
Speaker 6: No, honestly, I was so confused. When you're doing deliberations, I was. I was like, because I said nixus spanky. I was like, I'm so confused. Am I in the top or in the bottom? And it's just like you're in the top.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, okay, well listen, I think you were great. Like I loved you on the shelf, I think you have found you would have. I mean, I can only assume so many fans, right, but Mitchell felling over you? I felling over with you. You were so indear.
Speaker 2: Everyone I've spoken to just has a tough spot. Everyone had a hard spot, as it may be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quite clearly. Are you getting are you getting lucky with all the fans or is it awkward now that you have fans?
Speaker 1: Well? You know now I can't go and grinder and cheer my nudes around, I know.
Speaker 6: And then people are like, oh my god, jury and I'm like, no, leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Oh You're gonna have to be one of those anonymous profiles now with a blank head. You have to that's your fate. You got to do it now now quickly. Will you come back for All Stars? If you're asked, would you do the competition again? Because some queens are like, now, I would never do show again, But would you have a give it a second shot if you were asked one hundred.
Speaker 1: Per I would definitely do it. There's I've grown a lot.
Speaker 6: More confident in myself since filming, so like, honestly, you know I would. I would do it in a heartbeat, Like, honestly, I'll do it again. Yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should have went home when I got my bung eye and then I could have came back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what the hell happened there? Can you debunk the bung eye? Because people I've heard rumors that there was like a cheeky action. It was a bit of pink, It's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I've heard you said on this podcast, who was that one that got come in there eye?
Speaker 4: And I was like, Mitchell, don't be repeating.
Speaker 3: Well, you're in those hotel rooms on your own, Like, I'm sure you just go and ad I would be if I was in a hotel room, surely you like maybe I thought you got some in your eye? That was my theory.
Speaker 6: Oh no, never in my eye. And there was nothing to watch. It was what was I watching? Nakedive and afraid in the Sports channel. There was no porn or anything, so they didn't.
Speaker 4: Give you asking meaning about that last time.
Speaker 6: No, no porn. I remember me and Hannah chatting about it, like, oh yeah, watching the Sports.
Speaker 3: Channel last night, Mitch who told us that Urie was like watching herself in the mirror.
Speaker 1: MANI it was fucking mini. And then she told me this, and I was like, I did not do such a thing.
Speaker 3: She said that you jerked off to yourself. Uri, how hot.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that of all people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so no pawn, no jerking, no come in the eye.
Speaker 1: It wasn't come in the eye.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: It was probably me crying in my context and probably because I didn't watch my contexts and then I was wearing them for like hours and I was only meanted with them for three hours, like these specific ones.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I cried a lot in them.
Speaker 6: And I kept rubbing my eye because I was wearing my pincers and I kept you can watch episode two.
Speaker 1: And I'm like rubbing my eye on the runway. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So my friend helped with some of the outfit and I swear she did not wash your hands while doing that. So she gave me pink eye.
Speaker 1: I blame.
Speaker 3: We want to I will come in the eyes a better story. So I'm just gonna keep telling you everyone it was Come. That's going to be the narrative from now on.
Speaker 1: Come We'll eat in us.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, all right, Uriy. So good to meet you, so good to watch you on the show. I bet you've got a million more fans and you've got two here. We adore you. So thank you for being here. It was great to chat to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thank you, Thanks for chatting with me.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we will be back next week for another Drag Race debrief or getting towards the finale now, so that is next week. Otherwise, back Monday for a regular episode of Is It Just Me? We will see you then. Thanks for listening to Then.
Speaker 1: Is It Just Me? A podcast by a.
Speaker 4: Couple of Miches.
Speaker 3: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.