Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: After the.
Speaker 3: Pickup, Yes, we go.
Speaker 4: There's a bit of energy in this room today, isn't there.
Speaker 3: I was really vibing off that intro then that music.
Speaker 2: It's a big day, guys. Have you heard the news? The logis the nominations have been announced.
Speaker 4: How you didn't get nominated for a gold LOGI is beyond me?
Speaker 2: Beyond me?
Speaker 1: Huh, well are you involved around doing something this morning on.
Speaker 2: Your Krueger called me and said, can you get to this entertainment event? We're announcing the nominee. So I ran there for Sonya. So exciting. For the first time in thirty years. It's back in Sydney.
Speaker 3: Why is that? Why did they move it?
Speaker 2: New South Wales government? They're like one baby again. We got the cats and.
Speaker 4: They're opening up this got This logis to the public so people can buy tickets this year.
Speaker 2: You can buy tickets to see alf or Hamish Blake.
Speaker 3: Probably just win the gold lokis okay, big nominations.
Speaker 2: So Sonya Krug's nominated for Gold. She paid me to say that. She'll be held to text her or say that I got that away Hamish Blake. No surprise there, of course. Alf from home and away, the usual suspects, usual suspects. Also speaking of exciting over the weekend, brit your boyfriend Benjamin met your Fani for the first time.
Speaker 3: I can't stop laughing when you say his name, Benjamin. He did.
Speaker 1: I took him home as the first person I've taken home to my hometown, to my family house in besides the Honey Badger ten years.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, it was on a show.
Speaker 4: Doesn't you to take Tim Hanley from Bachelor in Paradise home?
Speaker 3: No one has been home.
Speaker 2: Wait what you're saying is this is the first non televised family meet you've ever done.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've only done some televised meets, but this is the first real one.
Speaker 2: All right? Can I wait to get all the inside guys? Next on the pickup or thanks the Chemists Warehouse, great savings every day. It is the pickup Monday afternoon. We've written Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse right now get half priced off Maybelene, Revlon Rimmel and Nude by Nature or at Chemis Warehouse.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's official finally that I have a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: We've been hearing about the boyfriend or year I've had a boyfriend for a bit.
Speaker 3: I had a boyfriend for.
Speaker 1: Eight months now, but I think it's only just official now because this weekend I took him home to meet the family. It's the first time apart from reality TV, but I've taken somebody home in ten years.
Speaker 2: So he's from here, from Scotland for a couple of weeks. Port McQuary is like, would you say it's a small town on the New South Wales mid North coast.
Speaker 3: I say small, but it's one hundred thousand people or something. It's not that small an it's not tiny.
Speaker 2: It's like it's got a big w for no.
Speaker 1: But when I was there as a kid, it only had one set of traffic lights. Like when I grew up in Paul mccruary it was tiny.
Speaker 2: Now it's because I wanted to you're a shit driver whatever.
Speaker 4: When we say him at the family, how many of the family? Like, was it mom, dad, brother, sister? How many people with to meet?
Speaker 3: Well, there's six of us.
Speaker 1: I have two older brothers and they've got partners and they've all got kids, nieces and nephews and stuff like that. And then my sister and her partner are overseas at the moment, but they speak on FaceTime. My nana came to the part the whole family, yeah, and then my mum and dad.
Speaker 4: So Annie's uncle's nephew's nieces is a family.
Speaker 3: There was like fifteen sixteen people.
Speaker 1: Everyone was around the dining room table, lound room and we're looking at old photos and stuff like that, and it was all cute, you know.
Speaker 3: Look at this, It's like cute, look at this one.
Speaker 2: When was this?
Speaker 3: And then Ben stops and looks at this photo and he goes, who's the who's the chubby little boy? I was like, what he's like the little English boy. It looks like a little English boy.
Speaker 1: And I just lose my shit. I start I'm in hysteric. I was like, that's my sister Sherry.
Speaker 2: That's not a British boy's little All of them, well, it was the only moment.
Speaker 1: And he was like, oh, I couldn't tell because she had a hat on. You know, My family very lighthearted, so they just found it funny.
Speaker 3: But otherwise it was perfect. It was seamless. I feel like him.
Speaker 4: He's been brought into the family without a hitch, without an interrogation, with nothing you're telling me. It was that seamless and easy.
Speaker 3: I think so unless something happened behind my back.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that you're just trying to convince yourself that it went.
Speaker 1: Well because Ben, Benjamin's amazing, and I feel like my family are just like, thank God, someone's going to take off our hands.
Speaker 2: Laura, I'm not buying this well.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, look, I've met Ben. You've met Ben. He is a very nice man. He's lovely.
Speaker 3: Were you going to say strapping young lad?
Speaker 4: He's a strapping young lad his But I do also feel like this is just too seamless for a nice first meet. Something has to go wrong.
Speaker 2: Let's just call. Let's call the family. I've got your dad's number.
Speaker 3: I do not have my dad's number.
Speaker 2: Let's call Tony group chat without me. We're going to call and see what he really thinks. Last name. It's Britt, Laura, and Mitch. You're on the air. I have to say, look, we don't want to we don't want to waste time on pleasantries. How did fit in with the family this weekend?
Speaker 5: Make there was some good news and some bad news about the weekend. To be honest, oh, the bad news, well we're bad news is that it looks like BRIT's tragic dating stories might have come to an end. That's bad news first, because I don't know what the rest of the film you're going to laugh about Around a beard a barbecue.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: We feel exactly the same about this show. What are we going to talk about now that BRIT's got her love life sort of out?
Speaker 2: Radio station bosses are worried.
Speaker 5: This is going to leave you guys with a big problem. I can tell you all.
Speaker 2: Jake Aside, you see Ben. You look at Ben, Do you go this is the man that I always pictured my beautiful baby girl with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much? Yeah, Bed fitted in really.
Speaker 4: Well, oh that's so nice. It's terribly nice.
Speaker 5: We obviously, at the end of the weekend, the family went around and you know, a committee decided whether it's going to happen or not, and and he got the seal of approval. Here he passed the dad test.
Speaker 2: You pulled him around the chicken coops, you've got the axe out, and you said, you know, what are your intentions with my daughter?
Speaker 5: Well, basically, that's exactly what I said. And after he know, you stopped trembling, he said, man, I'm going to look after and I believed him the fear in his eyes. Believe he's that just because.
Speaker 2: You couldn't understand him through his accent, you don't actually know what he.
Speaker 3: Said, has no idea what conversation he does.
Speaker 5: He does talk funny, doesn't He had to get a Swiss boat and spent his life in Scotland. And how do you understand that?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't have to understand.
Speaker 2: Have you looked at him.
Speaker 4: Conversation that doesn't need to know about this language of love?
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't get that vibe from him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm glad he wasn't putting that approval from the hockey clan.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dad.
Speaker 2: Next time the pick up. Laura had a wedding on the weekend, not her own, but she almost ended up in the hospital room.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, Look, things didn't go exactly to plan. I'll tell you all about it next time.
Speaker 2: It is the pick up Monday, Britain. Laura and Mitchie are thanks to Chemist ware House great savings every day.
Speaker 4: Guys, I had the most, possibly the most embarrassing thing ever happened to me on the weekends.
Speaker 3: Did you poop your pants?
Speaker 4: No? I've done that before, but no, this really topped it now. It was a beautiful celebration of two of my friends love. I went to a wedding and this is a couple who I have been friends with for oh gosh, like eleven twelve years. They've been together since they were nineteen years old, and the wedding was a surprise wedding. So it was also their thirtieth birthdays and they wanted to surprise all the guests, so it was so cute. So they had the wedding at the very same place that they had had their very first date eleven years ago. It was so gosh. It was a night club, which is kind of a bit of a weird place for a wedding, but it suited them perfectly.
Speaker 3: It was a fairytale tools in the club.
Speaker 4: Now they had the actual ceremony over like near the big wine barrel, which was right next to the toilet, which is where they had their first dates. So wow, not the most romantic of settings, but also it's sentimental. It's suited them perfectly. I was one of the very few people that knew that it was actually a wedding and it wasn't just a birthday party, so I was in on the surprise because I got to design Steph and Hayma could design their rings. So I had some very special jobs on the day of the wedding because nobody else knew that it was a wedding.
Speaker 3: So you were like the undercover agent.
Speaker 1: You were one of the special for you that had the insider goss with all like.
Speaker 4: I had really special jobs. One of my special jobs was that as it was the crescendo moment where it was moving from hey, guys, happy birthday into surprise, we're getting married, I got given the job that I had to set the sparklers alight that we're going to go on this beautiful, massive wedding cake. They had two wedding cakes that were side by side. Now there were three other people with me that also knew about it being a wedding, and so we got together and I was like, look, guys, I've done this before, Like you know, I know I do kids parties. Your girl knows how to get like Sparkler's lit and do it quickly. So I was like, everyone's hold them together, and we got these packs of sparklers. I had about ten sparklers in each hand and I tightly packed the sparklers, and then there's Matt with the little lighter clickie thing, and we're waiting for the moment, and then they're like, but we've got a great surprise. We're gonna light the candle and everyone's gonna sing Happy Birthday. And I was like, now go now, So Matt's he puts the lighter on and we light the sparklers. But it turns out if you get a whole heap of sparklers and you can pack them together and you light them at once, it turns into a bomb to bomb. It's made out of gunpowder, and the whole thing catches on fire like a grenade. Who thought it was a good idea?
Speaker 1: I mean, you did to put a bunch of highly explosive, flammable things together, pack them tightly, and then light.
Speaker 3: Them in a contained environment.
Speaker 4: So what happens is not just mine, but like all four of us. Our sparkles catch on fire. Everybody is screaming, the.
Speaker 3: Fire alarms go off.
Speaker 4: My hand catches on fire, and I had to throw I had to throw Dad ten sparklers. My hand's on fire. I threw all the sparklers, but the only place to throw them I was on the wedding cake. No, we know the rest of the place was wood. So then the wedding cake was on fire. I was on fire. Everyone was screaming. People thought we'd done this on purpose. They thought that this was a They thought this was a trick.
Speaker 2: TikTok. So it was a white cake. Did the icing immediately put them out? Or do they kind of continue to sparkle?
Speaker 4: It was meringue, so it caught on fire.
Speaker 2: So what are the bride and groom doing? Do they look at you with fear like you've ruined our special moment? Well?
Speaker 4: No, the fire alarm was going off, so everyone was up on chairs trying to blow the smoke out, opening the fire escapes, letting the smoke out.
Speaker 3: This is their special moment, and you have taken it all on yourself. It was yourself on fire.
Speaker 4: I made myself the center of the attention.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 4: I was like, guys, everyone's getting way too much attention. Let's make this about men.
Speaker 2: And I just say as we talk now, Britt and we're live in the studio, Laura's whole right hand and Bandy my two fingers.
Speaker 4: I've burnt my hand. We finally turned the fire alarms off and everything, and then we have to say, hey, surprise, it's actually a wedding, and then everyone is truly surprised. It was still so beauty. It was a beautiful wedding, and everyone was crying, but I was also crying, but not because the wedding was so beautiful, so.
Speaker 1: Much so, not only did you I mean, I'm glad, you're okay.
Speaker 3: Now you've got burns, your hand is burnt, you're bandaged up. But not only did.
Speaker 1: You like ruin that that really precious moment of the announcement, but you also completely toasted them Marine Cake.
Speaker 4: I have video evidence, and I have on the show, and this is a PSA to everybody. Sparkles are actually very dangerous. Don't light all of them at once. It's a terrible idea. I think adult birthday parties, weddings. Do not set ten sparklers a light at one time.
Speaker 2: You will catch on fire. It's the most lawa burn thing.
Speaker 3: So funny, good, We're glad, you're right all right.
Speaker 2: Next on the Pickup, a Courtney Kardashian has announced he's pregnant over the weekend in the craziest way ever. If you missed it, will tell you what she did it so extra. Next on the Pickup, It is the Pickup Monday Afternoon with Britain, Laura and Mitch. Right now, get half priced off cosmetics around the Maybellion, Revlon Rimmel, Nude by Nature Rangers all at Chemists Warehouse And you may have seen this on the weekend. Pretty big story. Courtney Ashian has announced she's pregnant with her first baby with Travis Barker.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's so cute because she's publicly been trying for so long.
Speaker 1: She's forty four, she's been doing IVF for a long time. They've made it very known that they wanted a baby together, so I think it's pretty cute that they're finally they're finally doing it.
Speaker 2: Well it's nice, yeah, of course, NICs they're pregnant, But the way that she announced it is what's making everyone go crazy. Guy with the sign, Yeah, literally, she's turned up. Travis Barker is obviously part of Blink one eight two. He was doing a show in Los Angeles, a live show, and Courtney was there with her friends in the crowd and we're not talking like she's not even really that close to the front. She's standing there Blink one eighty two performing. He's the drama so he's drumming, is a little hard out. They finish a number and they're like the crowded cheering, everyone's going crazy, and then Courtney's all films. She put it on Instagram. Pulls up this sign and it's a big sign. It's a classic concert sign that she's written on it in black text Travis, I'm pregnant, holds it up and then he sees it as he's looking out into the crowd, like it makes me it's.
Speaker 3: Just cut I'm watching now as we speak. I'm like, it's so cute.
Speaker 4: I'm such a cynic. I am you guys think this is cute? I reckon, he already knew I am such a cynic about this announcement.
Speaker 1: I was about to say the same thing he I was gonna say, it's so cute, But there's no way.
Speaker 3: This is the first time she did show it to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's got a belly already. This to me is this is her public announcement, and this is how they wanted to tell the public that she's pregnant. I don't for a second believe that he didn't.
Speaker 2: Know that she was already. That makes it less magical if that means they would have had to have sit their dining room table and gone, hey, what how should we announce this? Pretend come to the concert. Let's get a sharpie and write on a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: The best part about this is, I don't know if you know what you miss this, but this is actually a reference to Blink one eight two's film clip. They had a film clip it's very famous, and in it there's a girl holding up a sign that says I'm pregnant, So she's.
Speaker 3: Recreated that as well. So it's not like multiple meanings and special moments.
Speaker 4: But that's also the reason why I think it is so something that they're both in on, because like, it's not necessarily an announcement to him, but all the die hard Blink one eight two fans would have known this and it would have been such like a pinnacle moment for them. And also like, how would he have seen it? Just after that song? He's like, there's my Hey, what's that sign that she's holding out?
Speaker 2: My wife?
Speaker 4: Who's that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: The spotlight went straight onto the sign, the cameras went onto the sign.
Speaker 3: It's it's very premeditated but let's not be cynics. It's a beautiful moment. We're happy for them.
Speaker 2: How did you announce your baby? Did you go straight? But Laura's had two children?
Speaker 4: You opened up the line and BRIT's never ever ever announced a pregnancy, and you're like, so, Britta, how did yours go? How did you tell everybody?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you know so much about my life.
Speaker 2: Volunteered, britt when I might talk about it one day when it.
Speaker 4: Happened, My my announcement was really exciting. I came out of the bathroom crying, so yeah, that was a real surprise. I vomited up my porridge and then I said, oh, that that's weird. I think I should do a pregnancy test. And I did one, and then I came out and cried. So yeah, it was a big shock to everybody.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, what about the second one? Was there any excitement on the second one?
Speaker 4: The second one? The second one, I kept it to myself a little bit longer. I actually told Brittany before I told Matt.
Speaker 3: Touchy subject, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Britain knew I was pregnant before Matt did. And then I gave him a card that said you did it again power and it was very cute. I actually had that one filmed. It turned out very very cute because Matt. Matt knew I was pregnant before I even knew it, because there was some telltale signs. I started vomiting up porridge again and he was like, it's happening.
Speaker 3: So finally she goes, Brittany, I've got I tell you I'm pregnant. I was like, oh my god. She's like, we're not telling Matt yet.
Speaker 1: I like it. We're not. We're not like it's Laura's and my baby and we're not letting madd in on it yet.
Speaker 2: You're a throuple, Liz. I'm thirteen one. I six ' five. Liz, did you announce your pregnancy in a cool way?
Speaker 6: I think it was cool.
Speaker 7: So I did a personalized scratchy for my partner on his birthday. So I did. I had three scratches in three separates envelopes, and he did one at a time and then came to the last one and it said happy birthday Dad, surprise for having a baby.
Speaker 4: Oh that so gets better winning five hundred thousand dollars although swinning pig. But now, yeah, totally kids are expensive.
Speaker 2: That's so good? Crazy? Huh people do anything? What happened to the good old fashion? I'm pregnant, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I think there's still plenty of people who do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well let's go guys, Will and what are you're up next? You can search the pickup podcast on iHeartRadio. Don't forget when cold and Flew strikes, Demison gets it done. Always follow the directions for use. And you guys know what's happening next?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, it is a very big show in Will and Woody. I think that they're trapped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're about to be.
Speaker 2: They're about to be trapped. We got the boys now before they go into an escape room. Hey, boys, what's on the show today?
Speaker 6: Gooday, guys? Paint a picture for you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: If I did, it would just be pitch black because we are blindfolded. We're about to go into the escape room. Is there anything else we can offer here?
Speaker 2: I think so we've been stripped completely nerd. I assume that I actually naked, only one completely nerd from the.
Speaker 6: Waist down words than it already is. We don't know what's going on, guys. We are going to be We're going to be trapped very very shortly, with only puzzles to solve to try and get out of there. Make sure you're tuning in on the other side because it begins in about five minutes.
Speaker 4: All right, good luck boys, which is also nude from the waist down.
Speaker 2: That's just standard. Yeah, the lights are on in this room. All right. We'll see tomorrow, guys say, guys.