Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Priorities Please, we're going on strike.
Speaker 4: We're gonna dance. It's a beautiful face of a dog on the body of a pig.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey coome on Thursday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Good on in, Patsy coome on in, Jackie Boye.
Speaker 5: Hi you team.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I am is. My in Mocks has had hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and are still coming in. Since we announced yesterday that we're giving away a wall in Ligone that will be painted next week, as in so many great painted walls of Melbourne, a mural and on there. We decided that the war we're going to give to you guys is going to be a wall of dogs. So we just said, look, if you've got your dog up there, email me a photo. Jesus, have you seen how many we've had.
Speaker 3: People are trying to come in through different avenues as well. My dms on Instagram people are sending me their dogs not the right channel.
Speaker 4: In hundreds because actually, if you are a dog owner, you're a dog lover. You love your dog, and everyone's going you have to every email begins, you have to have my dog up there. I've seen all kinds of different dogs. I know that there are two dogs in Melbourne that are named after Indiana Jones. There are two doctor Henry Jones at different ovals. You could see them today. There are dogs that help people who can't see see as a dog that was born death. That what somebody's got. They're all manner of beautiful dogs. Here's a couple of things I've realized. Right, dogs are amazing. They just give us so much happiness to people love dogs. We are all dog owners. They are amazing. Right. The other thing is no one knows how to spell mural, myself included. It is a tricky word track How would you spell mural?
Speaker 3: M You are al correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen all kinds of different variations on mule and another boy us going to that wall dog wall, so thank you very much. Keep them coming. We have to decide what are going to be the twenty dogs. We only have room for about twenty twenty one dogs to go on this wall onl like on Street. So the deadline is nine o'clock today because then then it needs to go be prepared and then next week the parent's going to take five days.
Speaker 3: Wow, come on, they told us your one was going to take one hundred hours. They ripped it up in twos, one one head.
Speaker 4: You've got twenty one dogs to render perfectly. Put their little doggie names up there as well. There's more going on, isn't it?
Speaker 3: And I guess I've noticed that you're getting a bit snooty about the photos that people are sending in before the show. You're like bad lighting. That dog's got mud on his face out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can't have that on the wall. We can't have that on the wall.
Speaker 6: They need to be stay your top more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Patsy, I think this show owes you an apology.
Speaker 6: What for this time?
Speaker 4: Donut? That doughnut recipe? Oh mate, all right, let's just plays song when we come back. I actually just feel so sorry. Is that what you've got to work with?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Right, okay, when we come back, you need to hear about what Patsy is trying to bait for tomorrow. These six hundred year old medieval donuts. The recipe is impenetrable.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So if you have a dog, then you will love your dog and you'll want your dog to be on the Ward of Dogs taking Pride and Place in Melbourne going up next week on lying On Street. Email me just need a good photo on for your dog, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and if you want, please let us know their name as well, because every dog that goes up there will have their name too. And also why your dog, more than the thousands that are coming through, should be up on the wall. So Patsy talk to me about the medieval donuts.
Speaker 6: So I had to I ran on and Readen's YouTube channel that I was talking about where I actually saw the recipe for these six hundred year old donuts. Because it's not written anywhere, this recipe, so I had to scribe. So I went over it yesterday inscribed it. But it's very hard to make head of.
Speaker 4: Because it'd be like a different language, oldie world.
Speaker 6: You get this krem of armond Armond?
Speaker 4: How did cream? And old? I mean? But people do because obviously have you know you have oat milk?
Speaker 6: Yeah, take almond blanched grind hem and draw hem.
Speaker 3: Upike like a skirt.
Speaker 4: Hem or hem.
Speaker 6: Fet hem oil there fair and boil where.
Speaker 4: I'd just been going to seven eleven and buying a load of donuts, fishing up a bit, and so I made.
Speaker 3: These Krispy kremes and just leave him out in the sun for a bit to make him look.
Speaker 4: Old them of Crispy of seven eleven.
Speaker 6: So do for this show fet hem adieu, which I think my big put them to the side and sprying hem with ving MiG.
Speaker 4: I could be honest most recipes I look at that's what I see. I'm like, oh, it's like a dangerous mind.
Speaker 3: It's like's yesterday after the show. He said to me, he's reading over his resipee goes, what is sifting? I was like, that's.
Speaker 6: Craft them, cast them a boat cloth and castable. It sounds like a witchy spell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So where did you go yesterday to get this cram of Monday?
Speaker 6: You know what? I just went to woo words.
Speaker 4: To the wishing.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: It is quite I think I've got it though. It's like you crush them up, put them to the side. Are you crushing the almonds?
Speaker 4: So you have almonds and a donut? Yes?
Speaker 6: Well, the base of this seems to be predominantly almond and flour and a bit of water. You sprinkle it with vinegar and a bit of sugar. So you guys need to cast out of your mind. It's not going to look like.
Speaker 4: It's like flaky blanche nuts and then vinegar.
Speaker 6: It's like a it looks like rice bubble slice, like it's a glunk.
Speaker 4: Of mush and counter counsel. I hope they're not. It's a key. They're fundraising these Patsy's mankey donuts.
Speaker 6: Are we judging on taste or.
Speaker 4: Hang on a minute. Producers coming in hot. You've recorded audio of you getting some stuff yesterday. Oh, we need to play this. So where we go into Wilworst.
Speaker 6: Walworst, my local woolies.
Speaker 4: Let's go time traveling. That's pro She gets a little bit what's called a buzz track in the background. It's like a TV when they throw there. You don't just see the reporter. You see that it's a panning shot, establishing shot of the supermarket.
Speaker 3: Atmos and now we feel like we're all in the supermarket with you.
Speaker 4: Let's go time traveling again. Cue atmos.
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'm here at wolli'es xtbook, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Then we meet patsy. Okay, let's just pay attention students of Radio one talking.
Speaker 6: So I'm here at Woollies. I'm trying to shop for these six hundred year old medieval donuts. The hassli is not only is it trouble trying to decipher and translate the recipe that and read it on YouTube has kind of half.
Speaker 4: Done for me to show.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 6: Scan It seems to be the main ingredient is almonds, but I didn't realize there were so many different almonds. I don't know what almonds.
Speaker 3: This flaked a twisted the story.
Speaker 10: Slithered almonds, almond meal, what's a harmond meal? And then there's like natural skin on, skin off.
Speaker 4: This is why, actually genuinely leo Pats and apology. I don't know how you're not swearing.
Speaker 6: I'll get those and I don't even know how much.
Speaker 4: I cracked it. Yes, they get my ingredients right for a Victoria sponge. I couldn't find icing sugar. You know I have icing sugar for the I'm not bothered.
Speaker 6: I had to someone where hide that? Do you know why I was in the cake section? No, this is ridiculous. This really got I swore.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Someone looked around, an only person look around and went, do you know where they hide the icing sugar? I was with all the bakery.
Speaker 6: No, no, they put it. I had to ask someone. I said, please, can you tell me? I have looked a million times? Where is the icing show?
Speaker 1: Why hide?
Speaker 6: And she goes, it's in the aisle with the sugars.
Speaker 4: That when I have a section called bakery, it's got all the icing sugar the era.
Speaker 6: I agree, it's in the wrong section. It's in the wrong section.
Speaker 3: That's for the cakes in the box, that's for taking the whole box.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: No, there was all the separate engidents. The icing sugar, the little what do you call sugar.
Speaker 3: Was the thing you were looking for.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't have the icing sugar the other stuff. How did everything else pantcy but no ice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, And every supermarket layout is different, which is even worse. But I'm telling you supermarkets, the icing sugar needs to be with the cakes.
Speaker 4: Yes, gets get it right. Have you got icing sugar?
Speaker 12: I have?
Speaker 4: Can you bring it in tomorrow? No? If I say, you don't have to do the donuts anymore?
Speaker 6: No, I want to do the donuts now. I'm taking an honorary showing.
Speaker 4: I need it for the dusting on tom of my Victoria sponge.
Speaker 6: You can have a cup.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Look Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, we want to speak to you this morning. Then, if you are already on a long drive, who is our long distance commuter of the show today? Nine one o four three Lorry drivers? We love how long you listen to the show. This isn't for you. That is your job.
Speaker 3: It's a given that you're to give it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're doing this and it's not the normal commute nine four one four one o four three. Who just has a long drive ahead of them? Today? You had another one of your epic Willias Fogg trips. Last week we heard an incredible story for the Ages from my friend here, Jules Ran and he'd been to a suburb he'd never been before.
Speaker 3: Can you believe I've lived in this city for thirty four years and I'm still finding suburbs and new adventures to have. I was in Oakley in.
Speaker 4: Oakley police station after someone stole another plate of mind.
Speaker 3: Tell me if you've driven past this weird side in Oakley? A football oval that has a collection of gravestones in one corner. It's like a graveyard, but not even fenced off. You've got the football oval, and then between the football oval and the street is twenty you've got to be gravestones.
Speaker 4: I see it quite a bit. I just presumed it was for former players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or maybe like a tree fell in a huddle of Oakley FC and they all died at once and they buried them in the football forts.
Speaker 4: I never thought about a fallen tree and flattening a couple of five standers.
Speaker 3: It is an odd thing to see it.
Speaker 4: It is, and it's quite a restic to see.
Speaker 3: It makes you think was the football over there first and then they put the bodies there? Or was it a graveyard and then they thought there's some room here for a football.
Speaker 4: My other fantasy is they once had this real hardcool coach where he would say, hey, guys, take a good you think you can't do any more press ups, I'll tell you couldn't. Any people buried there, Oh, dead careers. Every player I rinsed out of this team gets buried there. Don't make me put a great stone for you, Jones, I reckon, that's what it is a hardcore coach, all right, the one. Then give us a call. If you have a long drive ahead of you, already on the road.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you're on the road, you've got a long dry heav of you. Today we want to hear all about it. Nine four one four one four three. Let's try and find out who is our long distance commuter of the show today. Peza's up first?
Speaker 12: Good morning, Peter, good mining. How are you this smiling question?
Speaker 9: Gang?
Speaker 4: Hey, we're good, Piza, Patti You're good, Yes, I'm good.
Speaker 6: How are you pay?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 12: I'm very well, thanks, Patty?
Speaker 4: And where are you off to today?
Speaker 12: I've just out of my commute across us and Kilda from near him so I think Westkip Slam and.
Speaker 4: Then don't blame me? How long is that going to take you?
Speaker 12: Over average of two hours each way for our run for hour round trip do that most days of the week. Last week was five days. This week it's been three days.
Speaker 4: A lot of your life in the car. What are you doing?
Speaker 12: I work for a fantastic organization. I'm very very passionate about the work that I actually do.
Speaker 4: Share it with us. What do you do okay.
Speaker 12: So I work for an organization called Sacred Heart Mission in Sinkila, and we provide services those people who experience homelessness and significant disadvantage throughout their lives. Like I'm the property and facilities managers, so I don't deal with our clients directly, but effectively providing a safe place for people to work in and the safe we try to get people into homes as much as possible, so providing the facilities to be able to let the workers do that work I find actually important.
Speaker 4: Wow, no wonder, you're happy to driven out. You've got your mission. You're a man on a mission. And how can we support the work of Sacred Heart? Are they charities? They need donations.
Speaker 12: Look, if anybody wanted to donate, that would be absolutely brilliant. We have a website Sacred Heart Mission dot org and there's very good links on there to alter allow people to have dinate whatever they like. Either that or we have thirteen op shops across Melbourne.
Speaker 4: That's what I've seen. And you had seen the name before, right, That's what I've seen you from that. Yeah, brilliant, Peter, Thank you very much for show any passion with us. I'm make sure I do a donation today as well. Thanks for everything you and the charity do as well.
Speaker 12: Thanks Christin, much appreciated.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much. Just go to Yes.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: That's someone who's tied and a bit staff stuck in a sleeping car way off to Yes.
Speaker 7: I am asked to rose Bud for the weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, lovely down there. What are you up to for the weekend?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's just a little girl's weekend. One of my friends is just coming out of surgery. So she had a bow surgery and then she was putting. She had a kiloscophy bag on and then they took it out. So now she's like, I want to go away. So we're all going away and it's about six of us.
Speaker 4: She's taking it down a Rosebud for a long weekend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it'd been nice, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just saying, you know what weekend traditionally starts on a Friday twenty to seven? Right now? I mean, how on are you you? Where you come from? Hong Kong? Well, why are you so ready to go down the Rosebud.
Speaker 7: I'm traveling from forensic So it's about an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Am, those sleeping little places like that, this one coffee shop opening up about half eight.
Speaker 7: That's true. But also we need to get her liver ready. You know, she's just come out of surgery, so we have to make sure that she's ready.
Speaker 4: To get the best idea. I'm not her sort of, I'm not her doctor, but I don't know. A big weekend starting at like nine am, warming up and you get your liver ready. This is like a new version of weekend at Bernie's weekend at yas well. I hope you have a lovely weekend all of you together.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, take care.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Catherine. Hello Catherine, Catherine. I'm good. So where are you off to? Where do you come?
Speaker 13: Actually call them on behalf of mile partner's commute.
Speaker 4: So he's driving, you're driving?
Speaker 14: No, I'm not driving. I'm parked up at the moment. But my partner's driving.
Speaker 4: Oh is he too shy shy to come on the radio.
Speaker 14: No, he's out of reception.
Speaker 4: Go all right, So what is your name of your partner?
Speaker 15: Jeremy Jeremy?
Speaker 4: And is he texted you saying you call him call.
Speaker 8: Upon No he does alarm course.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a lot going on in this, isn't it? So he's not there, no reception. But anyway, what is this mysterious man up to today?
Speaker 15: Then he's actually on his way to Perth.
Speaker 14: From Melbourne?
Speaker 4: No way? People do people drive that?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How long does that take?
Speaker 15: Yes, it'll take him a couple of days.
Speaker 4: You can fly there throwing a half hours is open? Now? Now why is he driving?
Speaker 16: Are you starting new job?
Speaker 11: Boy?
Speaker 15: Were they driving right train?
Speaker 4: Which is not in a rush? Oh right, okay, it's right to say. Can you start in six months time?
Speaker 14: Can I start on Monday?
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha? All right, we listen. Kathin, thank you very much for coning in on his behalf.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Have a good day and you Katherine.
Speaker 1: Hey Tony, good morning.
Speaker 4: Tony, Tony, Tony, what have you got going on today?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 17: Well, I can't be pursed, but we're on our way to add a light for a four war driving weekend camping wikend.
Speaker 4: Oh I bet that's great fun.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it is fantastic. We've been doing it for twenty odd years, so it's yeah, it's good fun.
Speaker 4: So who goes with you. It's always the same crew.
Speaker 12: Mainly the same crew to myself, brother in law's, nephews, friends.
Speaker 4: What a thing to do. You've been doing it all for twenty years. You must have so many great photos of everyone growing up over the years.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, we have.
Speaker 17: Yes, we should take our kids and now they're all grown up and they've got their own cars and the.
Speaker 4: No, that's great. And do you always go to the same area.
Speaker 17: We go around the same area. We go around the beach port which is near robe yep to Australia.
Speaker 4: Beautiful And so are you all in your four wheel drives?
Speaker 17: We're all in their four drives. We're meeting in McDonald's ballarette, which.
Speaker 4: Is and you'll go on mass on convoy.
Speaker 17: We know I'm on convoy maybe radio.
Speaker 4: Anytime I see one of your big four wheel drives right and I see the big old sort of antenor on the side there, and you see the little unit you've got, I always feel so jealous. What is it? I don't know if it's a childhood thing that the law of having a walkie talk Tony.
Speaker 3: Can you talk to the crew now?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 17: And now I can't because we haven't. We haven't that we've got to make the McDonald's and pick a channel that we're going to all talk on, so we haven't.
Speaker 4: Will that be during the show today? Will that be in the next two hours?
Speaker 7: Of course it will.
Speaker 16: Oh.
Speaker 4: Please please, even if you're sat next to each other in your cars in the car park, I really want to hear some magic on that CBE radio. I'll give it, please, all right, soon as you're down they're all there, please call us back, Tony.
Speaker 13: Okay, oh well, not a problem at all.
Speaker 4: All right, good man, Tony. And if you don't, you've got too much going on. But enjoy the next couple of days.
Speaker 8: Mate, Thank you.
Speaker 18: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Carl A. Brager. No, you're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we mentioned that we we have a wall to give you. I'm being painted right now at a wall on Ackland Street a mural. No less fancy. You've been there four years and he's demanding a mural. Well you can have your own mural too, okay, Chasi, We're giving you one on leg On Street and we painted next week. And we had so many great calls this week when we just ask you, what do you want on your wall? Okay? And so many of you said you just want to picture off your dog up there, and I get it. You know, we're dog going as we love our dogs on this show. Melbourne is a city that deeply loves dogs, and so we thought, rather just have one beautiful dog up there, what about if we made a wall of dogs? And we are that's what's going to be on Ligon Street next week. It will take about over one hundred hours to paint this one because there's going to be twenty one dogs. These dogs are your dog. Now turns out there's more than twenty one dogs in Melbourne, and we've got more than twenty one listeners who have dogs. Hundreds of you have sent photos of these beautiful dogs that mean so much and actually make our lives better as well. And it is really hard, but we can only have room for twenty one dogs on the wall of dogs.
Speaker 5: Bitch your pooch, bitch your poppy.
Speaker 19: Palmeranians and huskies to get their faces painted on our wall.
Speaker 4: Fact, haven't seen a single Pomeranian yet, So Pomeranians, you've got Nine o'clock is the deadline to pitch your pooch. This feature did have another title, but the team said, there's no way we can say that. My daughter has also said, here's no way you can say that, so we've gone with the very PIJI radio friendly short pooch. So many have you sent photos of gorgeous dogs and told us about dogs. Here's just some of them. Let's pay these back. These are great. Thank you to everyone, by the way who sent them through. I feel like we should do something with all the dogs you've sent, and I don't know what we can do yet. You could almost have a calendar reach day of the each day of the year, over three hundred and something of the dogs that have come in so far. All right, let's hear about Humphrey.
Speaker 20: Hi, my name's em and my dog is Humphrey and he's a red heeler. The heel is supposed to be crazy, not this one. He's the laziest dog you'll ever meet. Humphrey will go out for a WII, fall over to the side, lay on the grass and keep winging.
Speaker 5: We go for a walk.
Speaker 20: Jack Humy lays on the grass and does a Wei. Then he'll lay on the grass again and has now started poohing. So my dog does his WII and he's pooh laying down?
Speaker 4: Do we recreate that on the wall top right and corner dog just on its side like a pood photo're just urinating on the other doors.
Speaker 3: Well, the photo we've got of Humphrey is actually him lying down?
Speaker 4: Is that post?
Speaker 3: I guess he could be midpoo.
Speaker 4: We don't know how about Henry Crudle.
Speaker 1: Gooday, guys.
Speaker 21: Fraser Davies as my name and Henry Grudel is my dog. He is an absolutely amazing animal, thirty kilograms of pure fluff. He will stand on his back legs, give you a hug, and stand at about five and a half feet tall. He's got a personality that will blow your way. I think you guys should definitely include him on the wall. Hope to hear from your son, Fraser and the owner of Henry Grudle.
Speaker 4: I love that lovely Henry Grudel. Good looking dog as well.
Speaker 3: He doesn't look like a dog, he looks like a man in a dog suit.
Speaker 4: Huge might be the guy left that message for we know, let's just check that one. We kind of have that up there. This is a dog that I think will be going on the wall. Doug.
Speaker 22: Hey, Christian, my name's Katie and I'd like you to meet Doug, a two year old Australian Shepherd. He's better looking than Scomo and more articulate than Nolbow. Doug is ready to represent the dogs of Melbourne on the Wall of Dogs.
Speaker 5: So vote one dog, Vote one dog.
Speaker 4: He gets our vote. That is that's the first dog.
Speaker 3: Beautiful dog.
Speaker 4: It's a that is a beautiful dog. Doug is the first dog to go up on the wall.
Speaker 3: Two year old Australian Shepherd, gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I think? You know what we were saying earlier. Who you know that the eye always goes to the center of something, right, I reckon at the moment, he's prime spot.
Speaker 3: Do anything you want to put you already want to give away the prime spot.
Speaker 4: I think that's a contender. It's a beautiful looking dog.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll put Doug.
Speaker 4: Pencil him in, but he's definitely going somewhere around the middle. Yeah, all right. What about Pepper?
Speaker 23: Hi, Christian, ANGI here from Mount Martha. Pepper is fifteen year old Steffie cross Kelpie. She actually saved my life back in two thousand and eight. I collapsed at home with a brain aneurysm, and she licked my face and woke me up. So Kashi from Sunrise found out and wanted to interview us. So we all got interviewed on TV and Pipper's there up front live on TV. She threw up in the cameraman's bag all over his equipment. It was quite a laugh, but it was live on Telly. She collects our paper when the posting comes, gets all the mail. So Christian, please put my puppy dog up on your wall because she deserves recognition big time.
Speaker 4: Angie. She really as Peppe is the second dog to be confirmed a life saving dog who has been on TV and also will get the paper in this that's my dogs don't do any of that. I need to get them to work harder. Pepper the stuff. He definitely has to work to go up keep this covering. Then he got until nine a m. This morning to pitch your pooch Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jackpo's wife, Bianca has a very unusual crush. Maybe it's the nine weeks of being a new mum lot going on not a lot of sleep.
Speaker 3: It's not your everyday sex symbol, that's for sure, football pundit Jared Wetly.
Speaker 4: He is a smart he's a smart erudite articular. I think he's great.
Speaker 3: He's a great broadcaster and commentator. He's a radio man as well. On We've been watching him a lot on AFL three sixty with Robbo. Bianca has developed a weird crush on him. Last night even she was asking me, do you think there's ever a chance you'll meet Jared?
Speaker 4: She makes intro, This is why she's been with you all these years.
Speaker 3: She goes at a radio networking event.
Speaker 4: Tell you what if we ever get an invite to those, I wouldn't go anyway. Why would you want to network with radio people? Said? Many times?
Speaker 3: Have you seen me trot off to a radio network?
Speaker 4: We're always at them, aren't we? Redio must take my cardy, I don't have one. I don't have a proper job.
Speaker 3: She said. If I ever met him, I would get a photo with him. So Bianker's goal.
Speaker 4: This girl, mam. He's a lovely guy. He's a charming gentleman.
Speaker 3: Would be so jealous of Wow, this is a spiffy.
Speaker 4: Bank for Bianca. Now this is a bit of the great Man in action. I just want to take a moment to talk about North Melbourne. I'm not prepared just to run straight past them because there's so much news.
Speaker 3: It's we just must pause, Hotty.
Speaker 4: So this morning on nine four one four one o four three, what is your unusual crush? Patsy? A couple of minutes ago, right when I said, hey, we're doing this thing in a minute about unusual crushes, she goes, Oh my god, I've got one. He's an obscure politician from the nineties. I just trying to think of his name. Who is it?
Speaker 6: Malcolm turble H, recent leader, obscure, the nineties Prime minister.
Speaker 4: Even I know who Malcolm.
Speaker 6: Silver Fox, Malcolm and Ruth. He's just he's a bee's knees. I'd love to have a dinner with him. I think he'd be very large.
Speaker 4: So on the you don't have a dinner, well, what would you want?
Speaker 6: Allude to other things? Christian, we could talk about world.
Speaker 4: That's what you're talking about. He's like a whole pass. Malcolme Turnbull absolutely is half the dinner. You go, what's your name again? From the nineties we got it wire you in Freddie Got Finger. I know it's the nineties. Are you having this broccoli and the Wilter spinach or not? Sorry, I love this dinner. We're having obscure man from the nineties? Are you time traveler?
Speaker 6: He could put his loafers under my bed.
Speaker 18: E time.
Speaker 6: And we're a lofe for two.
Speaker 3: I reckon, we're a look for a knight.
Speaker 4: Keep the loafers. On the Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Christian Chad Kruger, don't look at the ready to going? Who's that? The one and only dad singer of the n Back Nickelback Chad Kruger is to die for. Agreed, Chad can park his boots under my bed at any time. You've got turmbles loafers Chad's cowboy boots. That's some Kelly fran Drescher is my crush. Don't judge Christian my unusual crush. This is a great one. It's the guy in the Ian s trading adverts actually speaking to Rob rob' syclaire later on too that I'll let him know I parss on your number every time I see him on the on the TV, on the radio. I wait exacitly for his catchphrase, and we won't be beaten on price the way he says and gets me very flustered. And yes, I admit I've googled him.
Speaker 3: Oh it those pearly white it is, Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: She signed off here, very sexy. I'm sending that on to Rob. That's great. Yesterday on the show we were doing the Weakest Claim to Fame and we had an amazing story about one of you whose dad was a well known wrestler. And the reason why we want to talk about this again today isn't about the wrestling. It's about in the backyard. Because her dad was a professional wrestler. They had a full size wrestling ring in their backyard.
Speaker 15: My dad wrestled Andre the Giant at Festival Hall.
Speaker 8: He told the moves once and we had a wrestling ring in the backyard.
Speaker 4: So we have to ask a question today, did you have anything amazing in your backyard, Jackie boy?
Speaker 21: Did you?
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously, a full science wrestling ring is pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: We tried to recreate lose handball from the Footy show. From the Sunday Footy Show, So.
Speaker 4: What did you have? What did that look like?
Speaker 3: It's a hand big handball target that's painted with the the numbers, the points you would get. And then the bull's eye was a rubber flap. It didn't look as glorious as lose, but it still did the job.
Speaker 4: So what was yours? Just a big sort of bit of wood with a hole in them.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of beg wood with a hole in the morning that we painted. We painted black and white paint.
Speaker 4: Patsy, What did you have in your boat yard? The Chicken Coople?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, we had a Sri Lankan Elvis impersonator.
Speaker 4: Once I thought, you meant you just had a shranking guy. It was kept there in the backyard to do.
Speaker 6: Elvis organized a surprise thirtieth for the Love God, and I thought, oh, we need a bit of entertaining.
Speaker 4: And we're talking about they had a that was just in their backyard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I can't like pay someone permanently to sing in the backyard, can I?
Speaker 4: What did you have in your backyard?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: One time can help it.
Speaker 6: It's about as exciting as a git. Everything else is pretty regular. There's a Hills Hoys, there's a watching trollie, there's an outdoor city and there's a big fluffy white dog.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, what did you have in your backyard? Loose hamble more talking about other than a post. Oh, my uncle Terry came around once for a barbecue. Is he always there?
Speaker 6: Very judging?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're looking for? My uncle Terry? Who did you once have in your backyard?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: To the anonymous texter who said earlier when we were talking about unusual crushes that she's got a big crush. Even googled Rob Sinclair from the E and S adverts and mister Ian s. It was just in the ad break just now. Thank you for playing that for me. Yes, I always take requests during the outbreak, so I'm like mixing them live. Oh, someone else wants to hear the Winston with the WY. Shout out to Jack and all the kids on site right now, I want to hear Winston with a WY.
Speaker 3: God is doing the top one hundred ads camped down this weekend?
Speaker 4: Why would you say that one of the sales Weezer right now, that's the that's their picture of the year. It's a top one hundred weight of your favorite adverts were well? Winston with the YV where was hand We won't be beaten on bryce, all right, So this morning, want to know a nine four one four one o four three? Did he have anything unusual in your backyard? Jackie boy? You had a plank of wood with a hole in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: No, it was loose handball, have you say?
Speaker 4: And it was? It was it you and your brother, you and your old man taking each other on.
Speaker 3: Yes, my uncle built it for us. Actually, oh that's pretty cool.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if you guys ever had a treehouse. I asked my dad for a treehouse with a very small, weak looking tree, and my dad said it was not big enough a treehouse.
Speaker 24: All.
Speaker 4: When I look back now, I remember as a kid, I was so excited with this one. I look back now, it's the saddest thing, right. All he built up there because there was a lot of room, and I just don't think he could be bothered. Was a was a sawn off plank of wood that he just now between two semi branches, So it was it's a seat, but I could never fit it was only enough for me and half a mate to get half a You could fit three buttocks on there, right, But not four. So it was always very uncomfortable for friend to be up there. So that was our treehouse. And underneath it, I had my punch bag. It looked it looked bogan, It just looked rough.
Speaker 3: I had the same thing. I asked for a treehouse, expected something that you know, you'd say on The Simpsons or staying by.
Speaker 4: I said, Dad, make stand by me, okay, And I got just a sort of plank of wood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a platform in the tree. Yeah, you made the rest of it is only your backside as well.
Speaker 4: And a punch bag, sad little punch bag dangling underneath it as well. All right, So what was in your backyard? On nine four one four one o four three The best place has got the coldest thing in his backyard won a gold out the Olympics last year. Logan Martin. Yeah, full size the scale.
Speaker 3: The Tokyo bike Park is gonna he was gonna ride out of the Olympics. He built a replica in his backyard.
Speaker 4: True Queenslander. Let's God of James. Hello James, they.
Speaker 14: Christian Jack and pets. There you go, we got James.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, James. What was in your backyard?
Speaker 14: We had a pirate ship in the backyard.
Speaker 4: Now, that is incredible. So how big was the pirate ship?
Speaker 14: So it was only about two meters by about probably four meters long.
Speaker 4: Just a small plank of wood that went treehouse, so it was it was.
Speaker 14: Built by myself and my father were chippies from my younger brother.
Speaker 4: Oh that's really kind. Did he didn't build you anything with those chippy skills? Oh, Joseph the carpet the gifted son.
Speaker 14: He did, he did. We also had a treehouse up in a tree a nice platform my young childhood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I bet yours wasn't just a sawn off half a bit of plank of wood.
Speaker 14: No, mom was a mom was a reasonable sized platform. I bet it was withrow Yeah.
Speaker 4: Lovely good health and safety absolutely yeah, James, thank you very much for gus call. Have a good day. Thank you very much. Didn't you think it was in a police interrogation giving up any of the entertainment on that he didn't trust us at all.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcasts Jack's.
Speaker 4: Favorite bands sixpence and on the rich He's wearing his sixpence and on the Richard Hoodie today, kiss me.
Speaker 3: This was one of the first songs I haven't learned on guitar.
Speaker 25: I mean some people go Hendrix well knowing narny guitars, Oh, turn that sixpence none the richerd down has he got parental advisory on the album go.
Speaker 4: Oh wow? Okay, we're asking what was in your backyard? Christian? I used to be a volunteer uh and a en Andeering museum, and the guy ran the place. In his backyard. He had a miniature railway running not just in his backyard but around the driveway. He even had a working steam engine he designed and built. It was it Robert Louis Stevenson.
Speaker 3: That's a steaming.
Speaker 4: Steam engine that he designed him. Where did you get the parts? There were a dark web for steam traction engine parts. That's incredible. Thank you very much, Craig. We got some more brilliant stories about what was in your backyard? Hopefully that led a bit more forthcoming than the last quarter. It felt like we'd gone knocking on his door door to door. Yes, yes, what is it? All right? This is Belinda, what was in your backyard?
Speaker 7: High Christian.
Speaker 16: When we moved into our place about twenty years ago, there was a flying fox and a mini golf pitch.
Speaker 3: Kids drain not men.
Speaker 4: Funny kids that say it was my dream kids, forty nine year old kid, I want's lotto. I would bordoze the backyard. That's what flying fox and a mini golf pitch. You you're winning goals. I'm so excited right now. Wow. Did you keep it?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 15: We kept it for about ten years and then.
Speaker 16: The trees, one of the trees that it was attached to, actually started to go a bit old, so we had to.
Speaker 14: Knock it down.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, rip the floor.
Speaker 7: It was so much, so much fun, but it wasn't like you weren't secure.
Speaker 14: You were just like on this little pul.
Speaker 15: Thing and someone had to push it up from one.
Speaker 14: Part of the backyard to the end.
Speaker 7: And if you were if we had cousins that came over that were.
Speaker 14: Real little and they were too small, we couldn't put them.
Speaker 7: We couldn't put them on.
Speaker 14: Because it wasn't secure enough, so they would just crack it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what it's a it's a right in the family is and it's terrifying younger cousins by getting them to do things that they were too small for. Belinda thank you very much. You come have a good day you too.
Speaker 5: Bye Colleen.
Speaker 20: Hi here you going?
Speaker 4: Been good Colleen? And Colleen? What was in your backyard?
Speaker 16: Asked for a threehouse? Not a radio station?
Speaker 4: What do you mean a radio station?
Speaker 16: Literally got a low frequency radio station that the whole family would use.
Speaker 7: My older brothers would definitely tune in and.
Speaker 13: Play music for the local kids.
Speaker 26: And they were tune in on their little transistor radios.
Speaker 11: And yeah, radio.
Speaker 4: Station, there's silence in the studio we're in blowing away by there something or did your station have a name or anything?
Speaker 13: No, we didn't actually name it.
Speaker 16: We just turned it on when we felt like it and went away. Because my dad actually grew up with radio and he decided to make one because that would be cooler.
Speaker 15: In a treehouse, that is.
Speaker 3: So was it in a tree? Were you in a tree or you in a building or shed?
Speaker 14: We were in a tree in a tree?
Speaker 3: That is something from a movie tree house radio station.
Speaker 4: I mean the last two calls have blown my mind right now. Imagine if we took this show and did it in a tree house, that would be incredible. And so did you do a stint on air as well?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 26: So we I used to turn it on every afternoon an hour or so, and.
Speaker 4: That is if we could design the perfect radio hours for Jack an hour or so some afternoons when he felt like it from a tree.
Speaker 3: And then you just tune into the radio station. If it's on, it's on.
Speaker 4: If it's not the last six months, So he's doing a show now half an hour or so, Colleen, this isn't. Have you got any photos that we could see? I'd love to see.
Speaker 13: Them, wish I did.
Speaker 8: They're all the story women women moved house, but that was destroyed.
Speaker 4: Smaster hard drives on the station. No paper evidence on this, Killeen. That's a great well. Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 18: Jeers, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 4: Lily, Hello, how are you all, Lily?
Speaker 9: I backyard, I had a full sized bedding cage and pitching machine.
Speaker 28: Was King Richard your dad a full sized batting cage?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: It would have been probably thirty five, maybe even forty meters long and maybe four meters high, fully caged in with you know, an automatic pitching machine that would just spit balls out at you.
Speaker 4: And what was why was this was mom and dad into sport? One of you guys to be good.
Speaker 9: Oh, we played so, me and my two sisters played softball for many years, were playing you know, softball all day every day.
Speaker 11: Really, my poor mother had to drive us around every.
Speaker 9: Day after after school to trainings and all sort of you know, rep competitions all over Australia. So I thought she thought that would keep us busy.
Speaker 15: For a bit.
Speaker 4: And did you just when you became teenagers? What happened? You just sort of give up?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I think at Asoto, the Jets they called, yeah, we don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: We're never going to get the money back from that flipping, bating cage and all the fuel.
Speaker 9: It was a very costly, costly sports.
Speaker 4: Right now, those parents homeless on the streets, they're living in that bat and cage. That's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: These are incredible. They get more fantastic because we go through Where can we go now? And let's find out who we got here?
Speaker 11: Lou?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hi guys, Lou, welcome to the show. What was in your backyard?
Speaker 15: We had a natierie different basically, yes, yes, although a lot of them were rescue animals.
Speaker 4: The whole family looking after the rescue animals.
Speaker 15: Let's not say the whole family. Definitely, Actually it was dead singing a big way. But we had like, you know, kangaroo for years past them, native birds, cockatoos, glass Rosella's. I had pigeons with.
Speaker 4: Old dad do a little, wouldn't it, you know, talking to the animals.
Speaker 3: Up Dad's yelling out, does anyone want to help me out?
Speaker 15: Well, I know we did. We did, but not obviously to the same extent because we're all quite young. But but yeah, but we backed onto a train line and everybody that went past express they had long lines.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 15: Not a problem my mind.
Speaker 4: That guy had about earlier got the steam train that he just chugs her addies on that line. All right, there, squeeze in one last one because this this is amazing as well. Kate, what was in your backyard?
Speaker 26: We had a fort a log fort like from the old cowboy movies log fortress.
Speaker 4: How big? What do you describe it to us?
Speaker 16: It sort of went.
Speaker 26: Across the backyard, backed onto the neighbour's fence this is, and you could climb up and sort of hang over the top of the log fort. It was a little escape patch in the side wall.
Speaker 4: Who built gas.
Speaker 26: My dad, Hay and a mate were working on the mate's mud brick house up the country, and when they had to clear for the mud brick house, they collected the logs and built a fort and filled it with sand. That was a sand pit and had cranes and all kinds of things inside.
Speaker 4: There was never a log fort for those poor kids. Yeah, that canceled that. That is incredible. You must've had so many mates coming around after school to play in the log for Oh yeah.
Speaker 14: It's great.
Speaker 26: And I always said, soodose, who are kids hanging over the top of the fort?
Speaker 4: Brilliant? All right, Kate, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 16: Thanks place you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to the question. You know Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you know Melbourne, then you'll know the Melbourne street are the amazing murals, the murals that don't quite look like the person are supposed to, but they're just amazing murals. It's part of everything about Melbourne. We have a wall on the wall will be a mural of whatever you want. We took calls on what you wanted on your wall. It's going to be up in a lig On streets we painted next week we'll take over one hundred hours, it will look incredible because so many of you kept saying, I'd love my dog to be up there. I'd love my dog to be up there. Even people who have kids, they'd rather their dog to got there. Because if you own a dog, like we all do on the show, you love these things. They give you unconditional love. So we thought we can't just have one. What's better than one an entire wall on like on Street of Great Dogs of Melbourne. It's our Wall of Dogs. So this is happening, and we've only got room for twenty one dogs. We have selected only two so far.
Speaker 22: He's better looking than Scuimo and more articulate than Elbow. Doug is ready to represent the dogs of Melbourne on the Wall of Dogs.
Speaker 5: So vote one dog.
Speaker 4: One dog is up there.
Speaker 23: Piper is fifteen year old Steffie Cross Kelpie. She actually saved my life back in two thousand and eight. I collapsed at home with a brain aneurysm and she licked my face and woke me up. So Koshi from Sunrise found out and wanted to interview us, So we all got interviewed on TV and Pipper's there up front live on TV. She threw up in the cameraman's bag.
Speaker 4: And that's the kind of thing we want up on that wall.
Speaker 5: Pitch your pooch, pitch your poppy.
Speaker 19: Palmeranians and huskies to get their faces painted on our.
Speaker 4: Wall, all right, trying to pitch your pooch by nine o'clock this morning. That's our deadline to get everything ready for next week. After nine am this morning, no more dogs will be considered. So you trying to score right now? Mom, Mom, Mom, get mom or dad, whoever's tegular school kids, pitch your pooch in only one line. Though we know your dog's cute, we know it's a legend. Every email I'm saying is saying all the same thing. Cut that out, just like the two you just heard. Get to the point one line, only there's only twenty one dogs winging up there, the dogs of Melbourne. Why should your dog ahead of anybody else? Hundreds of people making their case right now? Why does your dog deserve to be up there? Nine four one four one four three does this dog to deserve to be up there? Let's find out about new cut.
Speaker 29: My boy Nuka deserves to be on the wall purely because he burks in people's mouths if he doesn't like them. When I first got him, he was meant to be a bomb dog. He was absolutely terrible at it. So his favorite thing to do now instead of work is to watch The Simpsons on TV in my bed.
Speaker 4: You cut Nukah the fouled bomb dog. He was terrible that it what happened? People have blown up.
Speaker 3: That's not blue wired Nucau.
Speaker 4: And now he's happ He is watching the Simpsons. That's my kind of dog and burping in the face of people. He doesn't like it, So Nukah the bomb Dog is up there.
Speaker 7: Hi, Christian, I'm Veronica, and my dog Charlie wants to tell you where he should be on the wall.
Speaker 4: Good, very clever, Veronica.
Speaker 30: Christian me Ben our great Dane cross bull Arab. This big boy is a step above, actually a whole body above. He's pretty big, a fine tuned body with legs that go on forever. With his lofty steer and piercing gaze, he is a doggy artist's dream, an amazing guard dog. Our sofa has never been stolen. To be honest, Christian, he's a big sock, but he's loving and fun. He makes a morson doorbell and deserves to be on your wall.
Speaker 4: That's a great one.
Speaker 3: It sounded like a trading post at I felt like he was pitching to sell them to me. Hi Christians.
Speaker 1: My name is Leon.
Speaker 24: My sixteen month old black German shepherd's name is ro named after the great Japanese street fight himself. Although he may look like one of those vicious dye wolves off of Game of Thrones, he is the most gentle, affectionate dog to my six month old son. He drops the ball in his high chair waiting for him to throw it even though he can't throw yet, and licks up any foody spills. He's just the best dog mate and deserves to be on your wall of dogs.
Speaker 4: That is a great one. All right, then pitch your pooch cat to the point unlike Yeah, I've.
Speaker 1: Got two reasons why our dogs should be in the wall of dogs. First reason there's its name is Keith. Second reason Keith is a girl.
Speaker 21: How the name came to play is that at the time when we picked out the puppy thirteen weeks old. Puppy was available at the time and I wasn't ready with the new house, which just.
Speaker 3: Want a cute dog though, looking at it, beautiful dog.
Speaker 4: We love the dogs.
Speaker 15: Deal.
Speaker 4: That's enough.
Speaker 1: Keith Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Next week on lig On Street, a mirror will be painted unlike any other moe you will see in Melbourne. It's gonna have twenty one dogs on the wall. It's gonna be the wall of dogs. We need twenty one dogs to go up there. Why should it be your dog on the wall painted up there? These will be the most famous dogs in Victoria. It could be your dog nine one four three. Pitch your pooch. Thank you very much to the person who's emailed me saying no words are needed. Maybe not, but a photo is you forgot to send the attachment in it, all right, Pitch your poocher, say.
Speaker 5: Pitch your pooch, Pitch your poppy.
Speaker 19: Pomeranians and Huskies to get their faces painted on our wall.
Speaker 4: I said earlier that we hadn't had any Pomeranians. No more Pomeranians. I've seen every Pomeranian I think in Australia. All right, The deadline we have from the painters an artists is nine am today, So after nine am, no more pictures for your poochers. Three, Let's go to the lines. Steve.
Speaker 18: Good morning morning, Christian and Gain.
Speaker 4: How are yeah? We go Steve, pitch your poochs. Tell us about your amazing dog.
Speaker 18: I've got my Sea line dog. Henry and Henry and I have been together for two years now, and Henry's pretty amazing over the two years that I've had him. He's really really great at his work and he loves like targeting SIGs, so they'll target like Coles and the Bang and the post office and all these things. One afternoon, I was coming home and from the trade station and we headed out of the trade station there and I said to Henry for mate five the taxi's find the taxi mate, And he's walking along and then he heads up, there's always taxis in that rank where we live, and he stopped. He turns to the right, puts his nose up from the door handle.
Speaker 4: Open the door.
Speaker 18: I jumped in and you go, buddy, turn the driver and said, good afternoon, I'm Steve. This is Henry. Can you take us down to where we live? Fakes And he said, look, I'd love to give you a lift homemade, but Henry's just put you into a police car.
Speaker 3: Henry was working under yeah jeep cover.
Speaker 18: I think really that I think what Henry was trying to do there is he I reckon he must have picked up like the checkers on the side, you know, like the textis have that little check Look. The police officers were great, they said, look, we'd love to give you a little.
Speaker 26: The rules.
Speaker 3: Anyone in the back is under arrest. I'm sorry.
Speaker 18: I would Henry to be up on the wall to represent all the working setting hind dogs in Melbourne love Steve.
Speaker 4: He's going up right now. He will be the third dog to go u there and actually probably the most important dog.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: We're all talking today and this week about how much we love dogs and what's joy they give you, but what an amazing relationship you will have with your dog.
Speaker 18: Look, he's absolutely bring up. I've had many dogs over the years, Christian and Genry and I've only been together for a short time, and you know, when we're out and about, these dogs just do a fantastic job. And thanks again to the saying Hi Dog's School for providing me with my new dog. And my wife is on the wedding listen for her new dog to come along to also.
Speaker 4: I hope she gets on soon. Henry is going up there.
Speaker 18: Thanks guys, all right.
Speaker 4: Steve speaks you soon. Let's go to Cassie. Hi, Cassie, tell me about Ziggi.
Speaker 8: Hi, Viggi. He is a Kelpy Dingo cross.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 8: And he has actually died and come back to life before.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, what happened.
Speaker 7: So he was actually he was hit by a car.
Speaker 8: And then I was obviously like I couldn't control myself. This lovely woman pulled over. We scooped him up, put him in the back of her suv, and she drove him off to the vet. And then by the time I got there, he was already. They were already working on him, and they had they were really great. This is at the Turkey Animal Hostel, and they kept coming out giving me updates and everything. And then at one point they were just so sure, like he was gone, not breathing, no heartbeat, and they thought that was it. And then all of a sudden, yeah, he started breathing again. His heartbeat came back and they were just shocked. They had they were so sure he was dead. But yeah, and he came out of the hospital that day. He was a little dopey and he was monitored overnight and yeah he's fine. He came out of it with one staple in his knee and a bit of road rush on his face.
Speaker 4: That is so story, that's a beautiful story. Yeah, sick Jesus, Sig has to go up the.
Speaker 14: Yes came.
Speaker 4: They comfort to be like lordeeping man.
Speaker 7: Oh this is a lovely.
Speaker 4: Story, Cassie. Yes, he goes up on the wall.
Speaker 14: Ermic, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: All right, we've been in touch.
Speaker 13: And Hi, hi guys, how are you.
Speaker 4: We're good. What's the name of your dog?
Speaker 13: His name is Kaiser. He's a fifty kilo flamor coke German shepherd and he wins tug of wars with children using a massive tug of war rope. He's got feet like a lion. So I think he missed his calling and I think he deserves to be at the top there as the king of the Canine.
Speaker 3: Is the tug of war and organized or stealing things from children.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 13: He literally grabs the rope, he brings it to you and he says, let's go.
Speaker 4: Always, let's go.
Speaker 13: He gets on his front paws but his head down and he goes, he looks up at you.
Speaker 4: And he's like, let's go, gotcha, all right?
Speaker 13: And then the kids come and they and they try very very hard to beat him, and every single time she wins.
Speaker 4: I'm contender. He's a contender, right, let's squeeze one more. And so many people calling through at the moment, Jill, pitch your.
Speaker 8: Pooch, Christian.
Speaker 16: I'd love our astro boy. He's almost seventeen, a marvelous family dog, and he's probably not going to make his seventeen first day in July. We'd love him iftalized.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, don't break our hearts. I don't think him make July seventeen. Is an amazing life for a dog.
Speaker 1: But he's amazing.
Speaker 14: He's just got to.
Speaker 16: He's getting old. He's probably over one hundred in human years, so he's got a few challenges and we're just he's a beautiful family dog.
Speaker 18: We'd love him up there.
Speaker 4: And what's the breed? What's his breed again?
Speaker 16: He's a Brittany Spaniel at brindle and white color, a French hunting dog.
Speaker 4: Astro Boy goes up on the wall, Thank you so much. No, No, he has to, absolutely has to. He's seventeen years of joy. He's giving you, guys absolute the kind of dog that we is. While we're doing this, let's tell about all the great things that they give us. So yeah, astroboy going up on the wall. That's amazing pleasure.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: This is a hugely irritating story. Prepare to be outraged. Outrage. Luxury shoe bran valensi Aga have released a line of destroyed sneakers. I know we're talking about dogs. They look like puppies have been chewing them. They really are genuinely destroyed.
Speaker 28: It's just an old Converse high top, completely beaten, you wouldn't wear it out and about only three and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And feature guarantee of being full destroyed rip scuffs and dirt.
Speaker 3: How do they find the time?
Speaker 29: An?
Speaker 4: If you buy those, they you just call them a whole sneakers who we all know? All right? So today the time waste? There is a shoe bands shoe fest. Who's on stage? Jack?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 4: Don't we all love the song All the Young Dudes by Mott the Hoopaul? What about Croc the Hoopol?
Speaker 3: Don't I'm not as familiar with the song.
Speaker 4: David Bowie sung. It was a number one song for him, but it was originally done by mat the Hoopole Okay, Sila, do you need to be familiar with all of them? They all yeah, it doesn't matter. Nike in the Mechanics Silver, Pus thanks another one like yes, state right, just you get them all done so, Nike in the Mechanics.
Speaker 28: Yes, silver right, Meat Loafers silver plus and ug Lee Kid Joe gold.
Speaker 4: He's got that one all right, Jackie boy, what have you got shoe bands?
Speaker 3: It's a rapper on stage next Snoop Cloggy clog that's great gold. Cindy Loafer silver, the Brogue Traders, Yeah, that's good silver.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we all love wearing rebox but in Iceland, yeah, in ninety four we do, we do, but in Iceland they were reb York's.
Speaker 4: Gold for ambition.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow Morning on the Show Me Jack and Patsy a three way bake off actually supporting Councer Council taking part in their Australia's Biggest Morning Tea. You could do it throughout May and June. However, you want to do it like the cakes. We're Bacon with Cancer Council. Great cause, great thing to do. Please support their amazing and very important work and we'll tell you next where we're going to be tomorrow with the cakes for you to taste them, including those monkey donuts. Carl a Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'carls Show podcast.
Speaker 4: A week before it comes out May the twenty six. Today we're looking for your shoe bands, Jack ready tomorrow. Yes, some smart ones today, Rod Shoeitt silver plus, Stewie Well done, Kenny Cloggins gold plus down Sammy by Kenny Cloggins, A six Yeaes Silver, Tough, Actonia Shoe Fighters one Twisted Slippers silver plus, Bruce Springsteen and the Yeasy Street Bands gold. That is very smart. Matthew McDougall, Michael gets your boots on.
Speaker 28: It's in a bowl to bronze, Nice dry Beck Elton Thong Gold booty and the Blowfish Gold, Shoeshoe Dolls silver, Bloodstone, Temple Pilots silver plus, Hauling Boat Shoes Gold, Van Van Tylen Silva.
Speaker 4: Sorry Stevie boy, I think it cost you a gold with the screwed up delivery. My apologies. Slip double knot gold plot that is really good. Ohen, well done. Bruce Stilts steam. They put brackets here. It's a shoe, stilts, not a shoe. Last saw anyone casually down the street in stilts. Richard Bronze ten seconds and sneakers Bronz Meghan Trainers gold, that's very good. Simon zz high tops gold, new Crocs on the block silver, spand out ballet shoost gold. That's would be good.
Speaker 3: The convert silver.
Speaker 4: That's it. Who's winning? The tickets go to Top Gone. Who is today's best in show?
Speaker 3: Congratulations Kenny Cloggins.
Speaker 4: Kenny Coggins, you come in Monday night to see the new Top Gun movie with Ton Cruise Top Gun Maverick coming up next. The final minutes, the final minutes in Pitch Your Pooch.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time is running out for your dog on the Wall of Dogs. What is the Wall of Dogs?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 4: What I said is it's a wall of dogs that's going to be painted a mural. Take one hundred hours to paint your dogs. Twenty one great dogs of Melbourne to go on our Wall of Dogs. Be on displayed right then, one of the most iconic scenes in this city. It's going to be up there in Lygon Street next week. So Tom's running. It really is the last minute or two. By midday today, we have to have all the dogs agreed in position on the wall where they're going to be sent off to the artists and painters get ready to be done next week. So far then we've pitched dogs Henry the Seeing Eye dog, Ziggy who came back from the dead, and then Yuka, a feiled bomb dog.
Speaker 29: My boy, Nuka deserves to be on the wall purely because he burkes in people's mouths if he doesn't like them. When I first got him, he was meant to be a bomb dog. He was absolutely terrible at it. So his favorite thing to do now instead of work is to watch The Simpsons on TV in my bed.
Speaker 4: Dog. He's our kind of dog that might be things blah, it doesn't matter. He's watching the Simpsons.
Speaker 5: Pitch your pooch, Pitch your puppy.
Speaker 19: Palmeranians and huskies to get their faces painted on our wall.
Speaker 4: Last sixty seconds to pitch your pooch.
Speaker 18: Off you go, Lauren Hi, Prisioner.
Speaker 8: My dog was herby made icy Chiuala and she loves the cats for.
Speaker 16: Something on the wall.
Speaker 4: Without two years with a spicy cough. Let's have a dog to size that, all right, Lauren, thank you very much, as go to.
Speaker 7: Paula Christian and Crewe.
Speaker 4: How are you good, pit boots? Time is running out.
Speaker 27: We've got Molly the rescue.
Speaker 14: She's the best rescue over Melbourne.
Speaker 27: She's a Fox Cherrier. She's one of a million fox terriers all over Australia. She has got the eyes that look into your soul. I work in the disability sector. She's met huge amounts of clients of mine and they bring Oh she brings absolute happiness and joy into their lives. And Molly will be as friendly as anything. She'll go up to any dog. Any human loves a pet and she's the dog that people wish that they always had.
Speaker 4: Act she's on the wall again. The dogs turned on the phone.
Speaker 3: Look the soul of look too, Rory.
Speaker 9: My husky hero can talk.
Speaker 15: She says hello when she gets excited.
Speaker 4: Is the dog there now?
Speaker 9: Yes she is, but she.
Speaker 15: And she's just like it's too early in the morning.
Speaker 9: Mum, what the hell are you doing to me?
Speaker 4: We've been in before we were promised to talking dog, we were promised to singing dog. The lady came in with the so called singing dog, and that dog did not sing a tune for us.
Speaker 8: And I knew where Patsy does.
Speaker 9: When we're at If she comes out and visit a.
Speaker 26: New friend, Hero will say hello, do you go to the dog park?
Speaker 15: She's just like, Mum, what are you doing?
Speaker 26: Jimmy, why are you trying to make me look.
Speaker 14: At the phone?
Speaker 3: Patsy, you want to go talk to a dog today?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, do you go to the dog party at President's Park? Occasionally, if you're asking you in the President's Park President.
Speaker 9: He's also often in the backseat of my range Rover.
Speaker 4: Very good, all right, it's a contender Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast