Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies high Country.
Speaker 3: Hello, everybody have Friday the weekend. Thank the Lord. It's been a long week with you too. Yeah, we've still got a whole show to get through. Yeah. I'm not talking to you too, I'm talking to the listeners. Yeah, they've had to put up with that's all week.
Speaker 4: The thing.
Speaker 2: More than two listeners?
Speaker 5: Do we?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 2: At least six?
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I come on, I've read the stats. I'm so stressed today.
Speaker 6: You know when you book a hotel for just one night and you want to wait the most of the whole experience because check out is tomorrow. I'm staying of a night with my boyfriend, Stephen's birthday tonight. Check in four pm, check out eleven am.
Speaker 3: Just ask for a late checkout.
Speaker 2: No, I get anxious doing that.
Speaker 5: Why because you get more time to line in bed and have a breakfast buffet.
Speaker 6: Have you ever ought us for a late check out? It is so stressful. You're sure we've granted it.
Speaker 2: You get out of eleven thirty, like they give you thirty extra minutes.
Speaker 3: No, it's not stressful.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they're super generous. When we were just in Bali recently, I asked for late checkout. They gave us still six thirty pm and didn't charge us any extra.
Speaker 4: It only depends if anyone else's rebooked in the room.
Speaker 3: If it's empty, Yeah, if it's empty, they're like, yeah.
Speaker 6: Whatever, I love more means that I've already paid for it. So like check ins four, I want to get there in four. I don' want to get there any Note.
Speaker 5: What Mitch is saying is that as soon as this show ends, he wants to get to the hotel so that he can get in the spa bath and he would like it to be there.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: That's fine. I always probably want to live and go home.
Speaker 2: Thank you get to a spa.
Speaker 3: We can we can all we can all go home after this.
Speaker 2: And have a wonderful weekeed or you're the only one that enjoys the show.
Speaker 3: I really want to be.
Speaker 2: At work, guys.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, you guys are going home to have a beautiful weekend. Literally, my children still have gastro. It's been a whole week of it now and I'm going back home to deal with more gastro. I don't just wrap them in glad rut, just let them simmer in their own soup humans soup wrap you put plastic over like they're manning.
Speaker 2: I have well, I have kids that had a tough time.
Speaker 6: Frank Munas, Oh, I'd tell who child is Malcolm in the Middle in case you didn't know.
Speaker 4: It's like one of the biggest child actors of all time and we have him on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Frankie joins his next on the Pickup.
Speaker 4: This week on Life on Cut podcast, Laura and I had such an incredible chat with Frankie Munas aka Malcolm in the Middle, aka the biggest child star of his time. Like he was only eight years old when he got cast as Malcolm in the Middle and he played it for something like nine or ten years.
Speaker 5: Well, Bri, you became friends with him because you, I mean recently, if anyone doesn't know, Britt was in the Celebrity Jungle, I'm a celebrity.
Speaker 3: Get me out of here.
Speaker 5: Frankie Munis, he was the big international name that came to Australia and he was part of the Jungle crew. But I think there's so much stigma around being a quote unquote child style, Like I think we see so many people who go off the rails as they grow up. And kind of yeah, and really go from having this like incredible rise to fame to almost having this very public sort of derailment of that. And Frankie Munis like, despite the fact that he was the biggest child style almost of all time, he seems to have kept it totally together as an adult. It's really like, it's fascinating that he's done so well for himself.
Speaker 4: He shared so much with us that was so fascinating, all about like the sacrifices his family had to make, some ins and outs and Hollywood secrets.
Speaker 3: But one of the things that really.
Speaker 4: Hit home with me and I thought, wow, it must be such a hard world is a story about someone very close to him stealing from him.
Speaker 8: Have a listen you as a child actor, I think eighty percent of the money goes to a trust. It goes into a trust that cannot be touched by anyone until you're eighteen. And that's because so many child actors work their whole lives. The parents get the money and they turn eighteen and they've spent it's all gone, there's none left, So the money goes to a trust. That the issue is for most people, most actors, most come from nothing, right. My mom didn't have money. My family didn't have any money, so she didn't know how to manage it. And you know, you're not talking like where it slowly builds like it went from kind of like, oh, I got some little checks.
Speaker 5: Oh yay.
Speaker 8: I remember I drew like a little you know, like a fundraiser thing where you put like the dollar amounts and like you try to fill it up. And at the top of it, I had this dirt bike and I was like, I'm going to save all this money. I'm gonna buy this dirt bike when I can. And but it goes from like that where you're getting like little checks to like, all of a sudden, there's a lot of money coming in. So my mom didn't know how to manage it. Nobody knew how to manage it. And everyone gives you advice, whether it's good or bad. Everybody says, oh, you need hire this person, you need this, you need a lawyer, you need a business manager, you need this, you need a publicist, And all of a sudden you realize you've got like ten people working for you, but really just taking your money, you know what I mean. So my mom hired a business manager when I was first starting out in Malcolm. I'll say this, he was the only person that I truly trusted in that business, truly trusted. And I will just say this and I won't get too far into it. The last person I should have trusted took insane amounts of my money stolen gone. And you hear that story. It happens a lot. It happens to so many people, and no matter how much you're warned of it, it still happens to more people than it doesn't.
Speaker 3: In the entertainment business.
Speaker 4: That's something that we talked about Frankie in the Jungle and I found it interesting. And just to expand on it a little bit, you said that because you were so young when you came into money and he trusted him, he looked after your finances for a very long time, like twenty ten, fifteen, twenty years, and you never looked and tenny years, Yeah, you never were looking at your account or your finances because you didn't need to. You hired a professional to do it, and it wasn't until you were an adult that you found out he'd been stealing from you.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, So that's.
Speaker 8: You know, if you think about it, even if I was shown the stuff. Right, you get a profit and loss and a balance. She'd said to you when you're thirteen years old, You're like, I don't know what it means. You know what it means. I have no idea. As I was getting older and they would send it. I was actually my ex worked in finance, so she eventually was like, do you ever look at that? Do you ever look at your what you're spending money on or what came in and what went out? I was like no. She like, do you mind if I.
Speaker 4: Look at it?
Speaker 8: And I was like sure. So she looked at it and she goes, I've been with you for two years. I know what money you've spent this year, this month, whatever. But she goes, it's saying that you're spending two hundred thousand dollars a month on research or whatever it might be. Right, Like what, No, there's no way, Like, I'm the most frugal person alive, Like, I don't spend money on anything. So she made me question him and question what some of the expenses were, what some of the things were, and uh, yeah, I definitely wish I was. I questioned it a lot sooner.
Speaker 4: I just imagine when you're a kid. You need people in your life that you can trust. Right, you don't know how to run your life. You need to have full support of adults. Imagine that person that you have looked at as like almost you know, Frankie said, he was like almost like a dad.
Speaker 3: Did he just taken advantage of.
Speaker 4: And he's been stealing from him millions and millions of dollars their entire up time.
Speaker 5: I just also think like it must be so hard because these chance stars they have they don't even realize that they have such power. They're making so much money, but usually there's other people who are in charge of that money, and often you hear these horrible stories about how all the money has been like squandered or used in different ways.
Speaker 3: By the time the child's an adult, they don't have.
Speaker 2: Anything crazy full chats on the Life on Cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once you're finished listening to this show today, head on over to lifeun Cup podcasts wherever you listen to your podcasts, because the interview is truly amazing.
Speaker 3: Go and have a listened to the full thing.
Speaker 6: Hey, next on the show, what would you do if your partner sat you down and said, babe, give me your phone there's someone that you follow, a friend in your life that I want you to block.
Speaker 2: I want you to remove from you in a block.
Speaker 3: Mamage, Well check your phone.
Speaker 2: Ah No, it's a big it's a it's a serious issue.
Speaker 6: I mean I faced in my relationship and there's there's a story surrounding this, and I want to get you up to speed with on the way the pickup.
Speaker 5: All right, we love talk about relationships here, I mean, Britt, you and I we have a relationships podcast.
Speaker 3: Laugh on cut we talk about relationships four day long. I now have a relationship.
Speaker 6: He's an expert while we've all got one, which means if you talk on them, right, we're experts.
Speaker 5: Now you know we've been in them, so surely that's that's all it takes. Right, Okay, Well there's this guy. He was a trade Now he's a relationship actually kind of a controversial relationship expert, one might say. But he's a mass like four hundred and seventy thousand followers on TikTok. His name is Jake Maddock. Now he has some I think some of his advice is quite good.
Speaker 3: And some of it that's a bit on the nose.
Speaker 5: But he's come out recently and has a theory around blocking people on Instagram at your partner's request.
Speaker 3: Now, i'd love to know.
Speaker 5: Firstly, give us a call if you if your partner has ever asked you to block someone on Instagram or on TikTok, and how did you.
Speaker 3: Respond to that, Like, what did you do? I'd love to hear.
Speaker 6: I've had exits asked me to block people on Instagram, and I've asked them to block people on Instagram.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I want to hear about your your experience, Mitch. Okay, have a listen to this. This is Jake's.
Speaker 1: When she gets a text from a guy you don't like, say block that guy for me, just like that, and she'll go, oh, okay, no worries, easy, and she'll block him and then that's it, super easy. Your ideal planet will do it straight away. So even the first few weeks of dating my wife, she got a text from a friend, I said, block that guy for me. Yeah, no worries, done, go awesome, done, one sentence, no argument, awesome. That's the way it should be. You should happily block someone for your partner.
Speaker 4: I gotta have it, Jake, your loser, tell us what you really think, Britt.
Speaker 3: What if I'm stupid?
Speaker 5: What if you were texting a guy I text you on Instagram and Ben said block him.
Speaker 4: If my friend messaged me and I had been dating my partner for three weeks, my friend and my partner said block him, I would say, get stuff. You do not control me to the point that you say who I can and can't be friends with. And the fact that Jake is like the ideal partner will do what you say and conform and be controlled whatever.
Speaker 3: Jake, You're a loser.
Speaker 2: I still think it does Ben to block someone for you.
Speaker 4: I'm not a friend, he literally said her friend. He said, I started dating a girl. Her friend miss I said block him.
Speaker 3: Don't like him?
Speaker 2: So she said, I care.
Speaker 6: But someone that they've been with and you know about, or someone that you don't like that they're not friends with.
Speaker 2: I think you would.
Speaker 5: I would have you asked your you said before you've asked an X to block someone?
Speaker 6: Yeah, ex, I asked my ex to block somewhere and they did, and then they asked me and I did, but I wouldn't. Now it definitely comes from insecurity. I say that happen.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that I've asked her In the past.
Speaker 5: My ex boyfriend like he received messages from girls surprise, surprise, because he was cheating on me. But I remember being like, block them and kind of trying to make I know they weren't the problem. But I guess a part of me wanted the girls to be the problem, not him to be the problem. But really, of course it was him because he was giving Ahold all the signals that he was interested in them. That's why they were messaging him in the first place.
Speaker 2: My situation, I only.
Speaker 3: Ever asked someone to block someone once.
Speaker 4: My ex I asked him to block a girl only because and I saw all the messages. It was like proper harassment. She wasn't over the fact that they broke up, and she was constantly messaging messaging, messaging, messaging.
Speaker 3: Like and crazy kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: And I was like, and it wasn't a big I wasn't insecure, I wasn't in insecurity.
Speaker 3: I was like, just blocker, Like, you don't need you don't need that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to be nice when people are being like incessantly intruding on your space online. But I do think I think it's an interesting one because I disagree with what he said, and I do agree with you, Britt in saying that you know you can't control your partners and tell them who they can and can't follow on Instagram and all that sort of stuff. But I do think sometimes it can be very telling if your partner is having, like you know, chatty conversations with other people online and feels really strongly about blocking someone who they shouldn't have any relationship with or care about.
Speaker 3: I would actually, what's his name, Josh Jake?
Speaker 4: Who ja ja mad Jake? I would flip this on its head. He says, the ideal partner will do as you say and block them. I would say, Josh Jake, whatever your name is, I would say, the ideal partner wouldn't ask you to block.
Speaker 5: A friend about that secure enough in their relationship one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I agree, grow.
Speaker 3: Up, Jason.
Speaker 6: I'd be interested though, just to hear if it has happened to you. Give us a call like calls up with the pickup. I'd love to know, because you know, I can be swayed. If there's a genuine reason in your life why you've had to block someone, let us know.
Speaker 2: We'll take your calls. Next you have the pickup.
Speaker 5: We were talking about a controversial relationship expert who has been dishing out some advice. His name is Jake Maddock, and he's quite prolific on TikTok, and he is of the opinion that if your partner asks you, without any explanation or context to block someone on Instagram or on TikTok, that you should do it.
Speaker 3: That that is what defines a good partner. I call bs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what he had to say.
Speaker 1: When she gets a text from a guy you don't like, say block that guy for me, just like that, and she'll go, oh, okay, no worries, easy, and she'll block him. And then that's it, super easy. Your ideal planet will do it straight away. So even the first few weeks of dating my wife, she got a text from a friend, I said, block that guy for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no worries.
Speaker 1: Done, awesome, done, one sentence, no argument, awesome. That's the way it should be. You should happily block someone for your partner.
Speaker 3: Okay, no argument, I do, pinteer, she should do what you say.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, ick Okay, there's some people who you should block without any argument. But like if it's your friend who sent you a text message. I don't think you should just be blocking anyone because some guy you've been dating for three weeks demands that you do.
Speaker 3: So that's a massive red flag early relationship, right, No, it's control. It Actually to me, I agree with you, Britt.
Speaker 5: That screams like massive red flag about someone who is controlling in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 6: But but I would never dream of doing that in a relationship now. But as a younger, I would have gone off, my insecurities would have been strife. But now as an adult, well, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's based off two things insecurity and control. They're the only two reasons you are demanding your partner block someone. You are insecure and you feel like something's going on, or you want to control that person has in ls, especially.
Speaker 5: Without context, like it's different if you're like, hey, that makes me feel uncomfortable. Can you block them? And they go, oh, that this is my friend. We've been friends for years. Let's go out for dinner. I want you to meet them, you know, and allows this whole idea of like no argument, no protest, No, he actually said that, go boom.
Speaker 4: One sentence. One sentence didn't explain it one sentence, no argument. That's what your ideal partner should do. Mic drop like I'm gonna mic drop it on your face. Jack, I'm how mad you are because it screams control to me.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: And the idea that he's like, your ideal partner should do what you say. I don't need to explain myself.
Speaker 3: That's what he says. I don't need to explain it.
Speaker 4: She should put up an argument like for me, I'm sorry, I can't believe she married him, to be honest, right.
Speaker 5: Well, we did put out a call to get to hear if you've ever been in a situation where your partner has expected you to block someone, or maybe on the flip side, maybe you're the person who expects that your partner does the blocking on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting little social experiment, George. Have you been in this situation?
Speaker 9: Hi, I was the one asked to do the blocking. So it was years ago, was my early twenties. I was young and naive, and my toxic boyfriend came out of nowhere and said, Hey, this girl that you've never even heard of, could you just do me your favor and block her? And I won't like, oh then, but I knew I had to go up feeling.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your ex is an idiot, Like I mean, he probably could have gotten away with it if he just stayed silent, but being like, hey, can you block this complete random person you've never heard of, never seen before, all that's going to do is ring alarm bells.
Speaker 3: So I mean we're reading between the lines.
Speaker 9: He cheated on you, right, he definitely was.
Speaker 6: It wasn't he, Gina, last one has happened to you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 10: Hello, Hi, how are you going? It happened to me.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 10: I had my now husband his ex girlfriend popped up on our Instagram on his Instagram started liking photos and commenting when I was about six months pregnant at the time, and she treated him really poorly. But basically what happened was she started messaging him and then ended up setting him the equivalent of like a five page sort of letter saying how she'd yet, how she'd made a mistake, and how she'd missed him him, and how you know, how much like she still loved him, and that she was.
Speaker 4: Like, you have to shoot your shot if you think if you think that it's like the.
Speaker 3: Love of your life has gotten away. You'd probably try one.
Speaker 10: Last time, and I'll tell you what I like. I let it go up until that point. But the fact was is that we actually lived in a different state to her, and she had actually mentioned that she was moving to Sydney and that she wanted to catch up with him. So and things got really weird after that too.
Speaker 3: Did he what did he say when you were like block it? What was his reaction? Did he do it right away or did he Nah?
Speaker 10: His first reaction was like, Oh, she doesn't mean anything by it, and she's just nice. I didn't see that you're six months pregnant. Yeah, but like he's one of those people that always gives the benefit of the doubt, whereas I'm like, Nutch, this is not my first radio.
Speaker 3: It was pretty clear she's brilliant. Her intentions were clear.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe there are reasons for I.
Speaker 5: Think there's definitely reasons, but I don't like the way this guy communicates it, saying that it should be reasons are irrelevant.
Speaker 3: You have to block anyone your partner tells you to.
Speaker 2: I also don't like him for other reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you said jump off a cliff. You ain't jumping off the cliff, all right.
Speaker 6: Next on the show, five hundred dollars at chemist whare House up for grabs if you'd like it, give us a call here at the show. We need your little wins of the week, not the big moments that you're celebrating this week.
Speaker 2: The time.
Speaker 3: It's like the easiest. It's the easiest cash you can win on radio.
Speaker 6: Honest to god, We're gonna go to a break, We're gonna come back with free cash on the pickup. Something we do on the show all the time is give out free cash. We love it, so we just pump it into the economy, don't we.
Speaker 3: I mean, thanks to Chemists Warehouse. But it's not coming out of my pocket, coming out of yours.
Speaker 2: It's in my hands. So true, you should house.
Speaker 6: We need your little wins of the week. So these are not necessarily the big moments you're celebrating. If you had a baby, no, if you got a new car, no, I've got one. Yeah, a little win, Okay.
Speaker 4: I was running pretty long time for the show today, like a couple of minutes late. I was a bit worried right out the front of work. I got a park that never happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got a park.
Speaker 5: And I hope you don't have a parking ticket after this because I paid for it.
Speaker 4: But usually lost we're in the city. Usually you don't get parts. Boom right there, got here on time.
Speaker 5: Mine is is that even though my children have had gastro for the entire week, there was only one blowout. We have made it to the bathroom every single time. And that is a little wind right there.
Speaker 2: When my armed milk was on sale as well, and I bought six of them.
Speaker 3: Oh is that the a tube?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, no, they don't do.
Speaker 3: They don't do.
Speaker 2: It's just from cows, all right. Andrew on thirteen one six five, Hello Andrews called us a little win mate, Hi, hi, mate, Just walking through a crowded shopping center and accidentally bump into the vending machine. Here a plunk, plunk, and two cans of coke pop out.
Speaker 11: So that's my little wi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not one, but two. You can go and share it with the front.
Speaker 5: That's like when you go up to the Lolli machine at the RSL club and you try and shake it for the low list come out and then that little safety flap goes up because it knows better.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, mine's got an alarm, my local one.
Speaker 4: Woo.
Speaker 3: How embarrassing.
Speaker 5: No, that is so humiliate mixture, thereating.
Speaker 3: That you are both training to get stuff out of the kids. What's Mitch's excuse? My kids do it shaking the chocolate?
Speaker 2: Debra's in Bargo. What's your little wind?
Speaker 11: Oh? I had a brand new pair of gloves, put them on my lap in the car, got out a number of places to do some errants, got back in and went, oh, I can only see one glove on the floor. Oh no, as I've got out the car on my lap, they'd fallen out. So retrace my steps and the very last place I went to in the dark using a torch, There they were in the gutter.
Speaker 5: What a being so dedicated to finding the glass?
Speaker 3: What are their gloves for? Were you doing like a late night burglary that car?
Speaker 11: Yeah? No, I was dropping my granddaughter at a high school. She had something on a high school. So I was doing a job. I was doing a favor for somebody else.
Speaker 3: Well, we're glad you found them all right, Well, any more details? What color weather? I just wanted to know if it was a late night breaking.
Speaker 6: In tire as you were more no, no, please, Daniella, Hello, what was your.
Speaker 2: Little window of the week?
Speaker 7: My wind was that my dog who's a border Collie, and it's just one going for a walk every single morning. Actually let me have a sleeping in the freezing cold morning. She must have been feeling cold.
Speaker 3: That was a win.
Speaker 7: I didn't have to go four thirty five o'clock.
Speaker 4: I have feelds for that. I have a working dog. I have an auty shepherd. And if it's exactly the same like every morning, that's a.
Speaker 3: Pretty twisty day.
Speaker 7: I have to walk her.
Speaker 6: Deborah in Bargo, she tells a great story. She got gloves. The other guy got two cans of coke something he got something.
Speaker 3: So last one I go to sleep in. That's better than better than real gold. Sleep is very important, Deborah.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars at cavasare houses you?
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you, thank you enjoyed. That's almost as good as fun.
Speaker 5: And the gloves almost hopefully it's better than finding the gloves.
Speaker 11: Oh they were black leather gloves and I love yeah, and I had them for like less than a week.
Speaker 3: Ex gives me a hard time for finding out the details. Laura's like, how much Happy Friday. I hope you get yourself something nice from Chemist's Warehouse.
Speaker 11: I will. Thanks guys, thank you.
Speaker 6: We love your deborambargo rushing to Chemists Warehouse and save on all your favorite beauty, haircare and skincare products shopp instare or online.
Speaker 3: Today, let's get you to the hotel.
Speaker 5: You can get yourself to the hot tub, and I'm going to get myself home to my children, to your pipy.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 5: I am lucky. If you missed it earlier, they got gastro. It's the only reason I don't want to go home.