Speaker 1: Come on in. Hello, Hello, Hi guys. It's like we've not even been on weekend or had any time, but brit is here eating half a wheel of Danish fetter.
Speaker 2: I actually brought.
Speaker 3: Feather juice just leaked all over the show.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is an a visual medium, but I just went to hold up my fettera that I had, and you know how, it gets a bit wet and moist the fetta.
Speaker 2: Juice right over.
Speaker 1: But I love better.
Speaker 2: I would just sit here anything tire block on its own.
Speaker 1: That was the rankest thing that you could have. She's come to work today. She's brought a bag of English muffins, a block of fettera, and an avocado, and I'm very confused by what the hell is going on.
Speaker 4: You've evidently I'm going to put avocado and feta on my English muffet.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're putting it all over the studio, just so you realize.
Speaker 2: I'm sure this is.
Speaker 4: Really exciting news, but I have bigger news for everybody. The halftime performance at the super Bowl has been announced.
Speaker 2: Now, I feel like this is always the biggest.
Speaker 4: Event of the year, and it is one very suave, one very sexy usher.
Speaker 5: Oh ah am you've got feather juice and it's going absolutely everywhere.
Speaker 1: But sure was like at the Pinnacle when I was about eighteen years old. I was obsessed with him at that age.
Speaker 3: Laura, Usher does nothing for me. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Oh he still gets me a bit excited.
Speaker 2: You have issues?
Speaker 1: Do you think that you're a terrible gay man?
Speaker 4: If Asher doesn't do anything or you, you're not doing gay very well.
Speaker 3: He is not a gay icon. Please, Lady Gaga, sign me up.
Speaker 1: That's a wrong gender for you.
Speaker 3: We're talking about going on a date.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought we were. I thought, no, I want to go on a date with Usher for the fact that I've married and have two children, and probably I am not his Nicoli.
Speaker 4: I'm not married yet. But Usher up the man with the legend himself. You know who turned it down, Tea Swizzleweet.
Speaker 3: Marrying you of a halftime show.
Speaker 2: She also said no to my proposal.
Speaker 4: But she said no to the super Bowl, so she was asked, but she said, I'm too focused. Imagine being big enough Laura to turn down the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Well, you know why she's turned it down because she is that influential. She's taking over the entire world and there is a group of universities in Australia who are getting together to research just how big her impact has been.
Speaker 5: Jeez, and that's coming up. All right, we'll tackle that on the pickup. Welcome to your Monday avo. Oh thanks to chemist whare House heading today great savings every day. It's the Pickup Monday Afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitchie are thanks to Chemist's Warehouse, they want to give you a free doctor consult. Download the Instant Consult app today, save the coupon code cee W free Chemist whare House free to claim your first consult free. Good.
Speaker 3: That's very good. Laura. You've got a bit of swifty frenzy at the moment, don't you know.
Speaker 1: I am obsessed swift. I am a full blown there's no shame. I don't need to hide it. I am a swifty I love her. I have bought tickets to her show. I bought them from a unreliable source. I've spent too much money. I found someone and they were selling four tickets and I bought all of them.
Speaker 3: Were they in a trench code?
Speaker 4: I bought them in a back alley, No, Mitch. I also bought them from the same person too, so we're either going to get the best seats or we're gonna lose.
Speaker 2: A lot of money.
Speaker 1: But Britt, I mean, you know this, and I feel like anybody who is a real Swifty knows how just how enormous she is in every sense of the world. It's almost unbelievable the impact that she's had across the world. But I think now it's not just swift as who are seeing this. The economic and global impact that Taylor Swift has had is truly unbelievable, and a group of universities within Australia are getting together to research this so that they can quantifiably say, well, this is what impact it's had.
Speaker 3: I heard about this on the weekend.
Speaker 1: So apparently it's been like five billion dollars across US is what the aerostour has created. But then they're thinking that it's going to be closer to ten billion across the world through ticket sales, through the influx of tourism from people coming and flying in to be able to go to her concerts. It's ridiculous. And now there was also a concert where there was a small earthquake. It literally registered as a very tiny but an earthquake because of the frenzy at one of her concerts.
Speaker 3: Wait, so the Swift Posium can is that an Australian thing?
Speaker 1: It's an Astralia. Well, that's already happened in two other places across the world, but we're going to do one specifically within Australia to see what the impact it's had here the aerostour. Now, we have organized a doctor Jennifer Beckett. She's from the University of Melbourne and she is joining us to talk us through what this means for Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, doctor Swifty hard.
Speaker 6: It's the first time I've ever been called doctor Swifty.
Speaker 2: Well, that's your name. So I'm here on in now, doctor Swifty. What is going on? Are we expecting Taylor Swift herself to turn up to this?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, we would love that, but she's in New Zealand at the time that our symposium is happening. But it is. It's a hybrid conference, so we're fingers crossed that she will pop up online for us.
Speaker 3: I want to write my head around what it actually is.
Speaker 5: Is it you guys going She's had such an impact on the world, on a culture, on the economy.
Speaker 3: We need to work out why, because you're so right, Laura. You said at the start, Taylor's always been.
Speaker 5: Big, but the last three years is she's just blown up viral.
Speaker 2: Now I don't even think that's true.
Speaker 4: I think she's always been this big. It's just that people have felt they've had to be closeted, like closeted Swifty. You think this is exactly how Laura said before, where she's like, I'm not ashamed of it. I'm out and proud, like I'm a proud Swifty. People used to be like, oh, I don't want to admit that I love it. I cannot fault the girl. The world loves it. The world is well, doctor Swifty. What do you put it down to? You've got the stats, Oh so I think that.
Speaker 6: You know. Really, what it comes down to is you said something really interesting there about like, you know, she's been big for a really long time. And one of the things that we looked at was like, oh, for somebody who's been such a big pop icon in the public consciousness for over a decade now or is it almost a decade? We were sort of like, gee, it's really weird that no one's done there's not a lot of academic research about her. I mean, there is definitely some. There are actually, Candy, if you went to university in the US, there are a couple of Taylor Swift subjects of course. So yeah, she's that big. But we just sort of thought, you know what the eras to is happening now, the really great time for us to kind of do a bit of a retrospective, have a think back about everything that she's done and all that impact, and invite researchers from all over the world to come to the conference and tell us about their research. Is this a.
Speaker 1: Normal thing, like do other artists across the world have they had this type of research done? Or is this truly something that just sits so far outside the box.
Speaker 6: Well, there is an actual field in academia called cultural studies, and you find a specific field in they're called fan study. So yeah, there's a lot of these types of conferences on other artists. I think Taylor Swift's probably the biggest artists that we've ever seen this it's gone on, but I know, I think there's been like Beatle conferences and things in the past, so she's really you know, up there. But I think also we're you know, we're all fans, and we were like, well, we're fans, so why not if.
Speaker 3: Swift is a listening and they want to join in on the craze, Doctor Jennifer, We.
Speaker 6: Are having an actual public event, probably on the eleventh. We're still in the middle of the planning stages for that. That's going to happen at Federation Square, but we will stream it as well because you know, we'll have some international people, so keep an eye out on our social media's. It's at Swift Posium on Everything, and you'll find out more details about that soon.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: That's the eleventh of the thirteenth of February next year, while Taylor's in you know, she'll be in New Zealand for the heirs to he Thank you, doctor Swifty.
Speaker 1: Great to have you.
Speaker 6: Thanks having u.
Speaker 3: It's lovely.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's so big. It's not a cult anymore. It's just a religion now past that point.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely accurate.
Speaker 4: But speaking of love, because I love Taylor Swift, Mitch, I've got a hot.
Speaker 2: Tip for you for a first date.
Speaker 3: Oh great.
Speaker 2: Honestly I stole it from someone on TikTok, but I think is going to do one.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, all right, that's next on the show.
Speaker 5: It's the Pickup Monday Afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day you single out there, BRIT's got some some life changing dating hacks for you.
Speaker 4: I absolutely do, and I think this one's going to help you out.
Speaker 3: Mitch.
Speaker 4: This is a woman that's gone viral on TikTok. Her name is Luna Layer and she's been on Hinge for a little while. Luna, we've all been there, resting peace.
Speaker 2: Luna. She's not dead, she's just on Hinge.
Speaker 4: It is. It's those that Noah was on there for a very long time. Mitch, you you can attest.
Speaker 3: I've just joined all the dating apps for the first time in five years. It's a graveyard. Well, okay, you.
Speaker 1: Did a good decade on there, so you gave it a good run for its money too. I did on Hinge.
Speaker 4: If you aren't on there, it comes with all these prompts. It starts a sentence and you have to fill it in and finish it. So everyone has the same prompts that you can pick, but you feel it out differently. Now she's because she's just been in his graveyard for a long time. She's like, I'm going to mix it up. I'm going to finish this prompt differently. The prompt says together we could, and she wrote go to couples therapy and see how long it takes a therapist to realize we don't know each other. As a joke, some guy has matched her coming hot saying I've booked us a therapy session, locked it in, paid one hundred and seventy dollars for the session, and they've booked their first date with a guy she doesn't know to go to a therapist.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no. That is coming on way too strong.
Speaker 4: This has had eleven point nine million views and a lot of people supporting this, but a lot of people also on the other side saying, are you wasting the therapist's time?
Speaker 2: It takes her a long time to get into a therapist, Like.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not about wasting the therapist's time. I more so if a guy was that keen to go on a first date with me, that he would take me to a therapy session and pay one hundred and seventy dollars, I'd be like what is wrong with you? Why do you need to try miss.
Speaker 3: Her because you're in a therapy session. What's wrong with him?
Speaker 1: He's the one who wanted to come here. There's something wrong with this guy.
Speaker 5: So you know how awkward it is when you're on a first date and you go to pay for the meal with your phones, like you both got to pay. Imagine at the end of therapy that you both got he's fronting it.
Speaker 2: He's he has already fronted it.
Speaker 4: This is how much because he's been in the graveyard of online dating for a long time too.
Speaker 1: He's just desperate. But I sent this to.
Speaker 4: Mitch last night because I thought this could be brilliant. So I sent it to Mitch and I was like, I want you know update you're hinge with with you want a first.
Speaker 2: Date at a couple's therapist and see what happened? So did you?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 5: Let me open up my hinge so I did. I actually have matched with a bunch of people. And I sent it as the first message because I'm just going to go straight to it.
Speaker 1: Wait, you didn't put it into your prompts. You're actually just dming people saying, hey, we should go to couples therapy.
Speaker 5: These are people that I matched with, so they're interested. He's one named Jeremy. I've been gone, Oh Jeremy.
Speaker 3: I'm not joking. I can't message him. Jeremy's gone.
Speaker 5: He's unmatched me you as well. You can read the look look together. We could go on a couples therapy.
Speaker 3: He's unmatched. I can't chat to him anymore.
Speaker 1: Who else? What else?
Speaker 3: I said?
Speaker 5: Someone name locked together a couple's therapy and oh oh, it says red and he hasn't written by eleven?
Speaker 3: Am?
Speaker 1: Can you send a question mark?
Speaker 2: You a question mark?
Speaker 3: Just a question? I said, three questions. I sent three questions.
Speaker 1: No, no, wait, Mitch, send him one more message and say, so, what about Tuesday four pm?
Speaker 3: Okay, what about Tuesday four pm? Who how's your health cover?
Speaker 5: With no want to get should we get a rebate and spend the money on chocolate?
Speaker 2: Right back in, Sady, this sacks, This sucks.
Speaker 3: You are the worst wing woman in the history. Hey, Mitch, I got a boy for you. Take him to therapy and talk about your past Troman.
Speaker 1: Can I it's worked for this girl. We'll hang on.
Speaker 4: No, hang on, it hasn't worked, Thank god, we got to the bottom of the.
Speaker 3: Read Holy Forever. It's worked. She's in the graveyard, she's dead. It works for her. Wait now it hasn't.
Speaker 4: Listen the update on the on TikTok because twelve million people have seen it and they want the update. Officially, she went on the therapy date yesterday. It has happened, but we don't have the update yet, and I'm on the edge of my seat. People, I want to know how this went, because I've got a little tinkling they're going to get married.
Speaker 1: I think, Look, it's either going to be very effective. It's going to be a fast track to finding out that the person's got a lot of issues and you're gonna unpack that stuff real early on. Or I think he's just coming on way too strong and he needs to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if this doesn't work well, speaking of lovedup couples, happy couples, you and your husband, Laura, you don't need any therapy.
Speaker 3: You guys are going strong.
Speaker 1: I feel like that I might end up in couples therapy after something that happened to us very recently, and it has to do with reverse parking.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll talk about that next here at the pickup.
Speaker 5: It's the pick up Monday a Britt, Laura and Mitch Here. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse, they want to give you a free doctor's consult. Download the Instant Consolet app today save the coupon code cee W free to claim your first consult free go see the doctor on us.
Speaker 1: Laura, Yeah, okay, Well, you guys know, I'm in a loving and beautiful relationship with my wonderful husband, Mattie.
Speaker 6: Ja.
Speaker 4: You keep telling us that you drive at home a bit too much. It makes me wonder No, no, no, it's great.
Speaker 1: We are great. Everything, everything is great. No, it really is. But I pride myself on being someone who is very independent in my relationship. I've always kind of had the attitude of like, I don't need a man, even though sometimes haven't you had the opposite I need a man? Well, no, I'm really self sufficient. I can change a car tire. I do like to kind of put it out there that I'm independent and I love being in a relationship with Matt, but I don't need him. Turns out I needed more than a thought. So the other day I went to pick the kids up from daycare and I had to drive, so Matt's We've got different cars because we work at different ends of the city. He often takes the kids to daycare, and very very rarely do I drive his car.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: The brakes are very touchy, and it's just not a car that I enjoy driving. But he had both the car seats in it, so I had to swap and use his car. So I went and picked the kids up from daycare, and I parked on a really, really really steep hill and I was about a meter from the car in front, and I went and I got the kids and I got them in the car, and here I am and I was like, cool, we'll reverse out of this car park and then we'll be on our way. I put the car into reverse starts to roll down the hill, so I quickly slammed the brakes on, and I was like, I could do it that again. And the kids are in the back, they're already getting antsy, and I put into reverse and then it rolled down the hill again.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: This happened three times until the car was pretty much kissing the car in front on this really steep hill. There was no more room for error. So I am now in the car. Kids is screaming, I've got my foot on the brake and I can't even take my foot off the break.
Speaker 2: But Laura, couldn't you just put the handbrake on.
Speaker 1: No, because it's the automatic handbrake, so it always rolls a tiny bit, you know how, it just rolls a little bit, like.
Speaker 2: You were close enough that it couldn't roll a centimeter.
Speaker 1: I'm talking this close. I was like, if this rolls at all, I am rolling straight into the backs of like a Lexus car.
Speaker 3: Alexis, why did you not just put it in drive and go forward?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Because I was too close for it. The hill is so steep at the daycare that if I put it forward I.
Speaker 3: Would have just gone, oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's just so stressful.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you're not putting it in reverse. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I had to reverse up the hill a little bit to be able to get out of the car park.
Speaker 2: Yes, but was it not going into revers Yes.
Speaker 1: I just obviously hadn't read it hard enough for it to actually reverse.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what happened?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, I'm already stressed by this story. So I called Matt. I've got my foot on the break. He's trying to talk me through what to do, and I was like, I can't. I physically can't. If I take my foot off the brake, it's gonna roll. And I'm crying and he's like what he says, what are you doing? He's like, I just put it into reverse. I can't put it into reverse. Go ahead the car. I made Matt drive from our house twenty minutes to the daycare. Yeap. He had to get in my car and he drove all the way and I sat there in the car park.
Speaker 3: You put my foot on the brake, and the.
Speaker 2: Kids screaming in the seats don't understand.
Speaker 1: Neither did he.
Speaker 2: Haven't you ever done a reverse?
Speaker 1: Neither did he Britt. So he arrived and the kids were like, Daddy's.
Speaker 3: Here, Oh my god, what do you have to sit there?
Speaker 1: So Matt gets out, he goes and parks my car. He walks over, just like shaking his head.
Speaker 2: How do you switch cars?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: When you can't?
Speaker 1: Just the brain so wait for it. I then had to unbuckle myself. I changed feet on the brake, Like I changed feet. I climbed over into the passenger seat so that he could climb in, he put his foot in his break and then we kind of like did this swap. He literally sat there, looked at me and I was like, you're gonna You're gonna hit the car. He just put it in reverse and reversed out. And I will never ever live it down.
Speaker 2: But your car's are not automatic, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Shut up? Britt.
Speaker 4: I'm not thinking I get a get.
Speaker 2: It if it's a hill, start in a manual where you've got to give it more.
Speaker 1: But it's an auto. It was the dumbest moment of my life. I have never been so embarrassed. I physically could not drive his car out of the car park. And he will not let me live it down.
Speaker 2: He has brought it that embarrassment, Lauravin.
Speaker 1: He has brought it up every day. And now I feel just I feel really incompetent, and I also feel like I've lost confidence in my tribe.
Speaker 3: And I feel that about you as well.
Speaker 1: We just told Australia, so I mean.
Speaker 5: Come on, okay, if I feel like we need to make you feel better, it happens, right, Britt.
Speaker 3: A couple saved the day.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, normal, Please make me feel better if you've done something in your relationship that your partner will never ever ever let you live down and you feel completely inempt please call into the Pickup and let us know about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirteen one sixty five or right in the pickup dot com Dot A U d M is the Pickup on socials. We will give the best story five hundred bucks at chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Can I have five hundred bucks?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Need you know you need? You need a driver's lesson, that's what you need.
Speaker 5: That's so embarrassing. What age do you reset the driver's test? Is it because it's a gating?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I think we did to do thirty five?
Speaker 1: Oh my kids think I'm useless and they're only four and two.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get out of here. Guys.
Speaker 5: My god, if you missed any of the show today. Oh, we spoke to the lady that he's leading the Taylor Swift charge in.
Speaker 4: Australia, Jennifer Beckett, doctor Jennifer Beckett Swift posey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you want to know more about that, you can go and listen to it all the pick Up on our podcast where you can catch up on the whole show.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll see you guys tomorrow. Have a good rest of your Monday.
Speaker 1: Ever, hope no one's reverse driving. Bye.