Speaker 1: That's strange.
Speaker 2: Hold that, Hey, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Brittany, and before I introduced our guests today, I'm just gonna say we've had to mix it up a little bit. This is Tuesday, but we are doing our Thursday's Ask Uncut episode and I have a very special guest with me back by questionably popular demand. I'm not sure we have.
Speaker 1: Hang on hang on a second, britt A lot of people did say we really enjoyed the episode with Mattie Jay, and we would like to have him back for more episodes because it gives us information that we wouldn't normally get access too.
Speaker 2: So you wrote that, but what did everyone else write? No, we did get so much amazing feedback. Actually, I was almost really surprised.
Speaker 1: Too much, too.
Speaker 2: Much, too much.
Speaker 1: Laura was like, we have created a monster. I was stuck in the bedroom. My head was hugely inflated.
Speaker 2: How many burner accounts did you make? No, guys, we do have matt back. I guess the good thing about having Maddie and he's having that guy's perspective because we've never had a guy in the podcast before. But Matc is a really good introspective look into the way the male mind works.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see I'm arrogant when I say this, brit So forgive me if it does come across this way. But I am a genius.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's pretty arrogant.
Speaker 1: And I think it would only be unfair to the listeners of Life on Cut if I didn't give my knowledge to them as well. So you know, I'm here to please. I'm a giver. It's great to be back.
Speaker 2: Look, it's good to have you guys. This wasn't actually planned. Just so you know what is going on Laura. Laura's baby is just going nuts. It's having a little disco dance party. It's causing her a little bit of a havoc. She needs to go and have a little rest and a time out. We've put her in the corner in another room, and Matt just sort of got thrown in here. So how do you feel about this not even being like a planned thing? You haven't even had time to think about it.
Speaker 1: I was having my first mouth of salmon when you rushed out into the living room and said can you step up to the plate, And I was like, ah.
Speaker 2: You like I was born for this. I've been waiting for this moment.
Speaker 1: Just ripped off my T shirt. My life uncut vest was there. Laura is having all sorts of trouble with this baby, literally doing a scene from Alien clawing its way out. So I'm happy to step up last minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the time has come where Laura fought us on her This is her baby. She does not give this podcast up easily. She had no choice. We put her in the corner and we're like, you know what, take a breather, but tell me what has been happening in your life. I feel like I haven't caught up with you in about twelve hours.
Speaker 1: It's been a pretty boring week, except accept Britt. I had the most extravagant Saturday planned just gone on the weekend, had a mate's fortieth, I had the heat wave was on, so I was going to go down to the beach. I had so much going on, and I had the worst case of spitty bums as they call it in the medical profession, gashtro gastritis. All right, you show up. I wasn't sure if I was going to admit this or not. And Laura may edit this out of the podcast.
Speaker 2: She won't.
Speaker 1: But I fell asleep on Friday night fully clothed. I went to bed at maybe like five or six o'clock thinking I was going to vomit, and I hate vomiting, so I just thought I'm going to sleep it off. Throughout the night. There was one moment where I woke up because I had to fart, and I pushed it out, and.
Speaker 2: I though, shut the bed.
Speaker 1: Please tell me, No, I didn't because I was fully clothed.
Speaker 2: Shut your pants, because that's so much better.
Speaker 1: And Laura didn't sleep in the bed because she didn't want to get sick, so she slept in Marley's room. And it wasn't until I woke up the next morning and it was six am, and I was like, thank goodness, I was wearing shorts.
Speaker 2: Because in your pants didn't even wake you up.
Speaker 1: It was like tiny, tiny bit?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: Tiny bit?
Speaker 2: Are you exaggerated? Was that? No?
Speaker 1: It was a couple of specs.
Speaker 2: You have it there. You have a guy's Matt shot his pants on the weekend. Let's leave that story there so you find now because I'm sitting pretty close to you, that's my question.
Speaker 1: Good, I'm good anyway, that's me. That's the highlight of my week? How have you been, britt I.
Speaker 2: Had a little highlight. I actually I don't know if it's a highlight. I had a patient at work last night and she comes in and I'm doing my stuff with her, doing the procedure, and she keeps looking at me the whole time, and she goes, God, do you know who you look like? And I was like who. She's like Brittany from the Bachelor. And I'm like, She's like, you probably get that all time, and I'm like, yeah, I do. And she's like, it's literally uncanny. You look so much like her. You even sound like her. And I was like, that's because I am't Bretty from the Batch. Like she started crying.
Speaker 1: She was like, what the hell, hang away? Were you wearing a face mask at this point?
Speaker 2: No, she could just see my whole face. And I'm like, I don't know whether I'm flattered or I'm offended because I don't look like what you thought I look like or I looked similar like. I don't know how to take that. Is that a.
Speaker 1: Compliment on I've had something similar happen to me when I was at a cafe and someone came up to me and said, I'm not sure if you've heard this before, but you look exactly like Maddie J. And I said, you know, I played along and I was like, I get it all the time, all the time. It's funny, like once a week at least. And then she was like, yeah, you could be like his twin. And then I said, look, secret out, I am Maddie J. And she was like, no, you're not. And I was like, I was like, no, I am Maddie J. And I didn't have my wallet on me because I was paying on my phone, but Buster was there and I'm like, look, it's a three legged dogs like it's literally me. I am Maddie J. And she didn't believe. She was like, nice, try and then she walked off.
Speaker 2: You know who else like it all the time. Who if it's not like you look like Brittany Honkley, it's like you look like Angelina Jolly.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: In less exciting news. In less exciting news, I finished work at midnight last night. You know those days, it was the forty degree day, it was a heat wave. Then I go to work for my ten hours. It's midnight, I'm tired. I walk out to the car park my car's dead. It's like you literally can't get a worse top off of a day.
Speaker 1: You're thinking to yourself, I'm a good person. I don't deserve this.
Speaker 2: Why are doing it dirty? Anyway? It's gonna be a couple of grand and I don't have a car, So let's just not talk about that one.
Speaker 1: Hey, at least you didn't shit yourself.
Speaker 2: And I always have that. All right, man, I think that's enough talk about that. Let's get into some questions. You guys know, this is our favorite little segment. You get to ride in your deepest, darkest, dirtiest, sexiest. There's most questionable questions and we do our best to answer them. So, Matt, I'm gonna throw you under the bus for this one. I see you lurking in the Facebook group, so I want you to give me a question first.
Speaker 1: All right, I've got one. I've got one. I saw this a few days ago on the life on Cut Facebook group and I very nearly wrote a response so close.
Speaker 2: So I didn't see I'm still Do you feel like you're meddling too much? If you're throwing yourself in there?
Speaker 1: No, I feel like you know the best way I can describe it is that It's like I'm a parent and everyone right now in the Facebook group for Life on Cut is having a little party, and I don't want to be the parent knocking on the door being like.
Speaker 2: Hand you wrap it up?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys? Think is everyone okay?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Everyone having fun? So I'm just letting them do their thing. But I am sitting back on the sidelines. But this one caught my eye. I'm just gonna paraphrase it, but essentially somebody had gone on a first date and on this first date, they brought up the topic of past relationships. But the guy she was on the date with and that kind of startled him back and say, I don't think this is a topic that we should really touch upon for the very first date. She was surprised by that because she was saying, well, what does it matter? You know, my past relationships have shaped who I am, and I also want to find out more about this guy and how he's got to where he is right now. So she's saying, why can't we speak about past relationships on the first date. Do you think it's acceptable or should that wait until down the track?
Speaker 2: This one I have mixed feelings about. I'm bored aline and I don't like to say this often, but I'm a little bit of a fence sinner on this one. I have opinions that are strong for both parties. I don't think you necessarily should go out of your way to bring it up on a first date. It's not a checklist for me. I don't want to know about I want to know everything about him, but not on the first date. I don't think you need to know about how he broke up with his ex, why they broke up, or they went through, how long they were together. I think maybe that's like a second, third, fourth date when you want to know more about them now. Of course, that shape who he is and my relationships and your relationships. Everyone's relationship is going to shape who they are. But I think a first date should be a little bit more fun, surface level, light hard to get to know each other on a bit more of it. I don't want to say superficial level, but just have fun with it and getting to the deep, dark, nitty gritty later. Also, you don't know how traumatic someone's past could be, like if someone straight up went to me because people ask me that they asked me about my ex I'm not going to say he was marrying someone else and had a double life for three years and was you know, sad secret photos of me and filming me. And I'm never going to tell someone that on a first date.
Speaker 1: No, you can laugh now, I forget how traumatic it is. So I just imagining if a guy had stumbled onto the subject of like, hey, Britt, when was your last relationship, and then you went to that that much detail, like that's that's a moodkill, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Isn't it?
Speaker 1: Josh?
Speaker 2: So I feel like I don't think he should have a problem with it. But I also think if he doesn't want to speak about it, he's entitled to say, oh, let's get into that another time. I think it's a it's okay for him and brush it off.
Speaker 1: I really like his honesty. If I was in the first date and Laura was talking about her ex boyfriend asking about my past relationships, I guess I would see it as though she was still hung up on that person. And I guess I would see it is that she wasn't ready to start dating other people. Yeah, I would see it as a big negative.
Speaker 2: I think it's definitely not something that I ask about Like I don't go into a first date. I have things in my head that I want to know and that I want to find out, but most of that is surface level, i e. Chemistry level. You want to see if the band is there, you want to see, if you're interested in the same things, you want to see, if you both want the same things. I think the trauma or the breakups of the lessons someone has learned in the past and what they've gone through is not relevant on a first date.
Speaker 1: I'm going to generalize here and I would say the vast majority of breakups haven't ended that well. There are definitely some out there that you know, I'm sure it's really amicable between the two people, but to bring up a really negative subject, I think it's only going to really kill the mood.
Speaker 2: Well, so I went on, I was dating this as well, no stating this French guy. The first date, he asked me about my exes.
Speaker 1: But how did he bring up the subject?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 1: Was? He like, hey, that's a nice watch. Where was it from? And he's like, well it's from an ex blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: No, He's straight up was like, so like, you know, that do you know the how long? Okay, so I think this question's okay, how long have you been single? When was your last relationship? That's fine? But then I don't think you delve into that more so, I think, you know, he asked that, and obviously mine's been a very long time. And then he's like, well, tell me you sort of like about your ex why did you break up? And I just stopped him. It wasn't rude. I was like, do you know what, Like, I don't think we even need to go there. Let's just let's just move on. That's for another time. And he was like, yeah, cool, no worries. I think if if the conversation's flowing that way and they're open to it, and whoever you're on the date with is open to it, sure delve into it. Go and ask ask what you want if that's where the ViBe's going. But I don't think he can sit down with that on the agenda. I don't think in your mind you can be like, I need to know how many relationships had, how many people he slept with, why they broke up, when they broke up? Girls, save that for another date.
Speaker 1: If it does organically go there, totally fine, but there is so much you could talk about. Why would you want to talk about the ex?
Speaker 2: Do you want to know something else? But I'm bringing a whole other aspect in hit me, what do you got what? I don't know if it's the same for you for men. Actually, this is really interesting what I have found in the past. So when I date someone now, the old Brittany used to go and scroll back look at who their exes were, what they looked like, what they did together, and it just never ended well because they were always beautiful.
Speaker 1: They were always like, Hey, why would you do that? For what reason?
Speaker 2: For no other reason? Then I was that I was like, this girl was that interested in what his life was? I was like, okay, who was? If I knew that the person I was dating had been in a relationship with some for three years, I want to know what that girl was like that kept him captivated for three years. So I used to go back, I'm talking years ago, and I look at their photos, and it never ever ended well because all of a sudden you start to compare yourself to them totally, and I just think I stopped doing it one day. You know what, I was dating this guy he was amazing, He's in London, amazing, seems super normal. We didn't like delve into each other's past at all until about two months in. I got curious and I looked at his ex and she, no joke, was like a Victoria supermodel. She was the most beautiful, like she was insane, and then I went all like weird kookie Brittany, and I didn't know how to handle it, And all of a sudden, I was like, she was in all these designer clothes, you know, everything was like Gucci endure, and I had like what I call kama but it's km on but like, I'm just I was not that kind of person. And then all of a sudden, I felt insecure. I didn't feel good enough. I didn't feel like I belonged there. I didn't know why he liked me, and I ruined the relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so how good is going to come from that?
Speaker 2: No? So I just decided then I was like, you know what, if he's dating me now he's interested in me, what he's been with in the past is irrelevant. Do you feel like that? Did you delve into people's past?
Speaker 1: Yes? Sometimes I do? Yeah, I mean you still.
Speaker 2: Do do you.
Speaker 1: No, I think we're Laura and I these days, I think we're really open about now that we've been together for was it three maybe four years? Is it Laura coming three and a half, And now I think we both will talk about our ex is really openly, so it's not a difficult subject. But I think maybe initially when she would talk about her ex, I would still the thought of Laura being with another guy intimately, initially was something that was quite difficult for me to fathom. You know, in my little perfect world in my head, Laura's only ever loved me and only me, and she would never give herself to anybody else. And I know that's not true, but it's this little fairy tale that I just want to keep going in my head.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a that's actually I was recently reading this in a psychology on a psychology lecture. It's a real problem where people cannot fathom. People can't fathom their partner being with anyone else. But my question is, before Laura, I want to know, before Laura, did you look at people you were dating's exes?
Speaker 1: Oh? For sure?
Speaker 2: And did it make you feel shit? Yeah? There you go, that's the question.
Speaker 1: Don't do it?
Speaker 2: Maybe not all right? I have a question for you now. I am going to paraphrase this one because it was a long one too. I want to know what I'm doing wrong when I go out at night, I go into a bar, I'm looking hot, I'm feeling good. I'm with my friends. I see guys. They're hot, they're feeling good. We're making eyes at each other, and I'm like, yes, this is it. They're gonna come talk to me, We're gonna hook up, and then nothing. What am I doing? How can I get these people to come and approach me? Where am I going wrong? Well?
Speaker 1: Hang on, firstly, is this question coming from somebody else? So is this coming from you, Brittany?
Speaker 2: Why don't you call me out on the podcast? Man? That's not me? Is it?
Speaker 1: Honest?
Speaker 2: It's a real listener. But like I would also like to know if you want to tell me that's fine. No, this is I think this is actually a really common question in this day and age.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I'm trying to cast my mind back to trying to flirt in a bar.
Speaker 2: What is like a signal that you're allowed to go up and speak to someone or are you intimidated? By approaching a woman if they're in.
Speaker 1: A group, totally. If there's a big group of girls, Oh my god, really no, I don't care who you are. Everyone's worst fear when you're like out trying to pick up in a bar, everyone's worst fear is rejection. You know, nobody wants that at all. And even worse than being rejected is being rejected in front of a crowd. If you went up to a group of girls and then picked out one of those girls and then said, hey, can I do you want to have a chat? Can I buy you a drink? And then you got rejected with her friends standing in the background.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is that that bad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. But then there's safety in numbers as well, so I can understand what people are hanging out in groups. I think something that would really grab my attention would be somebody just locking.
Speaker 2: Eyes just for that like extra second, yeah, not like.
Speaker 1: A long, long stare, not like a creepy stare, like three seconds yeah. And then you know when you lock eyes after a second, then you can give them a smile. And you know, when someone gives you a smile, it's instinct to smile back. And then I think that's like step one of flirting. But then most often, you know, I think people would expect that a guy would make the first move to approach the girl. But I even think, tell me if this sounds weird, but if you were in a big group of girls and there was a guy that you had locked eyes with, you had smiled at each other, would you then separate yourself, like with one of your girlfriends so you weren't in like a group of six girls, just like to the side, so it would be more you would seem more approachable for that guy.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, so what I would do because I have a lot of male friends and they've all said the same thing, So like, this is my advice to this girl. Definitely, if you're in a big, tight group of girls, it's going to take one really confident, ballsy or really drunk dude to feel like he can come and approach you and just like at you in front of all your girlfriends. What I have done, what I do, what I advise people do, is to go, if you see him stand in the line for a dream and talking to his friends, go and position yourself near him in the line at the bar so that it's obvious that he can see you. If he wants to make the move, it's then he can stand next to you and buy a drink. He can come up and chat to you with no one else around. You're actually just putting yourself into a position where you're both comfortable, no one's going to judge you, And if that doesn't work, there's a chance he's not interested.
Speaker 1: The safest place to start having a conversation with somebody is when they're in line for a drink, when they're at the weakest. That's when you have to pounce.
Speaker 2: But also that's when the guy would have to offer to buy you a drink.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's very clever, my friend, what he used to do, and I thought it was genius. I thought he was very clever for doing this. But he would go up to a girl. Sometimes he'd locked eyes with her, sometimes he hadn't, and he would just go up to her and say, excuse me, are you flirting with me? And the girl would be like normally quite confused and goes, excuse me. I mean, it's quite obvious to me that what you're trying to do right now is flirt with me. And I'm very flattered. It would kind of go either way. A lot of the time they would laugh and then he would then start the conversation. That was his icebreaker of just like coming in cold, are you flirting with me?
Speaker 2: I think that is great, and I advise women to do that to men too, especially if everyone is out with their friends having a drink. People are going to be approachable. No one's going to laugh at you. If you come up and say something to them, you're going to get a vibe. If you go up and start a conversation, you're going to get the vibe if they're somewhat interested or not.
Speaker 1: But I think if someone smiles back at you, that is definitely a good sign. Like if that person doesn't want to speak to you, they won't give you a smile.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that we all need to sort of get our head around is this fear of rejection and failure. I think we've put failure on a pedestal a little bit and we think it's a bill and end all, But I don't think it has to be. The second that I started to not worry about failure personally in my life was the second that things started to happen for me because you're not scared of anything. You're not holding back, which in turn is giving you more opportunities in life if you can get the guts to go up and speak to that guy, knowing that he might say, sorry, I've got a girlfriend. Sorry, like I'm just with the boys night. Whatever, what's the worst thing that can happen. You're going to turn around and walk back to your friends and have a laugh and have a drink and have a great night.
Speaker 1: Or he could be the love of your life, or failing all that, you can just do it from the comfort of your own home, on bumble on your couch and your pajamas.
Speaker 2: Absolt bloody lately. All right, I'm going for question number three. Long story short, my friends fiance cheated on her with her cousin.
Speaker 1: Now we'll wait, Hang on a second, you're already lost. Don't you say that one more time?
Speaker 2: So my friend fiance cheated on her with her cousin. So it's literally like you cheating on Laura with Laura's cousin.
Speaker 1: She goes a very beautiful cousin, does she.
Speaker 2: Lock him up? Laura? So now the cousin and that ex fiance are getting married. Okay, So they've cheated and now he's left his partner or the cousin.
Speaker 1: So hypothetical, I have cheated on Laura with her cousin, I am now getting married to that cousin.
Speaker 2: And now her family are making her go to the wedding.
Speaker 1: So Laura has now come to the wedding of me with a new cousin.
Speaker 2: Now Laura doesn't want to go, but her family is saying blood is thicker than water and you should go. This friend's saying this is fucked up. I don't think she should go, and I told her she should turn up in a white dress. What do you guys think.
Speaker 1: This is real? Doctor phil? Like, do you have.
Speaker 2: To go to your ex fiance's wedding who cheated on you with your own cousin? Surely not?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you really.
Speaker 2: Do, not rubbish.
Speaker 1: I agree with the family. Blood is thicker than water. You gotta suck it up. Find yourself a beautiful dress, get your hair did, put some beautiful makeup on, go to that wedding, and then find your ex partner's cousin and then fuck him.
Speaker 2: A mad We don't teach two wrongs. Make a right here, life on cut an.
Speaker 1: Eye for an eye. Absolutely, Look, that.
Speaker 2: Is an option. I'm not going to rule that out, but I don't know if you're serious or not. Do you think she should actually turn up and go to the wedding?
Speaker 1: Whilst I want this to play out like a scene of Doctor Phil slash Jerry Springer, I think there would be nothing more awkward than going to the wedding of your ex partner who is now hooking up with your cousin. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so much wrong with this on so many levels. I'm going to straight up say I absolutely would not go. Absolutely I don't think you should be going. And this blood is thicker than water thing. I I am not on part with that, because you can have people in your life that are friends, that are not blood related, that are more family than your family. If she actually is from a family where it's going to cause more harm than good, maybe this is a really tightened family and they will cast her a side. If she doesn't turn up, then I'm going to say, go be the bigger person, hold your head up high, don't cause a scene. Just just go there, be shadow in the background, do your thing and leave. But ultimately it comes down to it doesn't matter what the situation is or who's involved. If you don't want to do something and it's making you that uncomfortable, you don't have to do it. Well.
Speaker 1: You have to listen to your gut, and as hard as it must be to go against the wishes of your family, if you really feel so strongly that it's not the right thing for you to do, you have to listen to what your body's telling you.
Speaker 2: I guess sometimes you do just have to put yourself first, and your mental health and your happiness and your well being is more important sometimes than making somebody else feel good for a day. I reckon. That's the wrap on that one.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you ever watch Ricky Lake?
Speaker 2: Yes, she was the woman version of like Jerry Spring.
Speaker 1: Wasn't she the best?
Speaker 2: I was pretty Jerry Jerry remember. I just feel like they got he got more fights on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, he was was like more low brow.
Speaker 2: He was so low brow.
Speaker 1: HeLa was kind of in between your Oprah and she was like a chat show. Oh yeah, that was my jam your soft spot. Yeah, feeling very okay. Question four the very last question that we have for this episode. So here's the situation. I've been detting a guy for six months now and things are going really great. We're not living together, we haven't told each other that I love you yet, but it feels like that is definitely the next step for us to take. I was assuming that, given Christmas is only a few weeks away, I would get the invite to spend it with his family, except he hasn't brought it up, and I know that he has plans locked in to go into state. Should I bring it up and ask him if we want to spend Christmas with each other? Is it normal that after six months he doesn't want to spend Christmas with me and his family? Should I be concerned?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Laura and I actually completely unrelated to this question. This is actually funny that this is coming in. Probably like two weeks ago, we had this exact conversation just so someone else that we knew that were a cup we're spending Christmas apart, and we started to chat about it, and Laura and I have very opposite opinions on this. I don't think you need to spend Christmas together when you're just dating, when you just knew, even like even a couple of years in. Sometimes, like what if listen if I have my reasoning. If you're both close to your families and your families are interstate and there's no way you can split Christmases, then I think each individual is entitled to go and spend it with their family, And I don't think it means anything to the couple. How don't think it means you love each other less. I don't think any of that. Once you have kids and you're married a different story. You probably need to alternate year to year. When I was in a long term relationship and we both of our families were in the same city, we split the day, half the day with one family, half the day with thegether. Then when I was in a relationship where they were in different cities. I am so close to my family that even if he begged me to spend Christmas with him, I wouldn't have because we weren't married. My family is just as important to me as his family, And I think you can spend your Christmases apart and then meet up on Boxing Day even the next day. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Now, Laura, you probably think the same as Laura, do you know.
Speaker 1: I think spending on Christmas Day on that specific day of the calendar can be very tricky logistically. Like you said, you know, if people are in different states, it's just not going to work out. But in our family, we've been very accommodating, where one year we'll have it as a Johnson Christmas on Christmas Day, and the following year will do it either before or after Christmas, so that you know, we can alternate between other families of the partners. But I think in that Christmas break, you know, between Christmas and New Year, including Boxing Day, I think that's the time when you want to spend it with your family and the person that you're dating, even if it's obviously if it's like a month in, I totally get it. But I think any longer than four months, I would say that you're in a fully committed relationship and I think spending time with your partner and their family is exactly what is on the cards for you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But does that mean we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about going two years and not spending Christmas with that partner and his family.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it's the end of the world if one person in this relationship isn't as close or their family doesn't mean as much or that day doesn't mean as much, then that's fine. But if I'm talking if you have two people that love their families, they're really close to their families, they got nieces and nephews, the whole thing. They always spend Christmas together. Fuck yeah, spend it apart. It doesn't mean you to love each other any less, but it means that you want to go and spend a really special time with your family. You're going to speak to your partner, then fly and see them the next day.
Speaker 1: I would struggle. I would struggle with that, but.
Speaker 2: I'm so independent, you're a little bit emotionally attached.
Speaker 1: Okay. The one thing that I'm thinking about right now is with this question, I wonder why the partner hasn't at least brought up the subject of Christmas. You know, obviously we're now only a few weeks away. Do you think that at some point he would say and explain to her, Hey, you know, logistically it's not going to work. So this is the plan, and this is when I will see you. So I am you know we are going to spend time together, it's just not going to be on this specific day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I guess the question is here. Are you in a defined relationship or is this casual or is this a situationship? Is this possibly more one sided? Like, have you guys had the conversation at all to define the relationship? Because what if this girl thinks it's more than it actually is. That's the only reason I can think that he hasn't brought it up at all.
Speaker 1: Maybe he doesn't want the confrontation of letting her down, so he's just avoiding this subject because he's like a typical male and just doesn't want to have conflict.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing is some people take longer than six months to even want to introduce somebody to their family. Like I know for me, that is not the case. My family is very open. I could introduce someone after a week. It could be months, it could be anything. It's like, I don't put parameters. It's not a big deal. But for some people, they don't want to let someone into their life on a special day like Christmas if they're not sure yet that this is going to be the person for them. So I think the best thing this girl can do is bring the conversation up herself. If you are actually in a relationship with this person for six months. I think you can say, hey, what are plans for Christmas? Like, do you do we want to try and see each other or just put the feelers out there. I think if you cannot have an open conversation after six months with your partner, that there are other issues at play. Hang up this podcast and say, babes, what are we doing for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Well, don't hang up the podcast just yet. Wait until they so finishes, give us a review, and then speak to your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but okay, you and I and Laura and I are never going to meet on this because we see it very differently. You guys think that you have to be spending it together for it to be meaningful. I think it doesn't have to be so I think it's whatever. I don't think you guys should put a lot of pressure on it if it's not what you think society's normalis. I think whatever's working for you guys as individuals, whatever works for you as a couple, Every single person, relationship, family is going to do something completely different. You can't compare yourself to someone else whatever they're doing. And trust me, you are going to look on Instagram on Christmas Day and you're probably gonna feel like shit because everyone goes and puts all their couple of photos on I get every fucking year. But you've just got to like live in the moment and live your truth and live your best life.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, it's not about spending Christmas together on that specific day. It's more so about having the conversation and making sure that you are at the forefront of your partner's mind and they are thinking about you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that was sweet and deep, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Don't hey, don't know, Britt. You can't give a compliment like that and then laugh. You can't. We you're meant to say something like that, which is very sincere, and then be silent.
Speaker 2: Okay, well done, Matt. Guys, that is it for ours, gun Cart. I'm sorry that this week we have had to have a little mixed around. We've obviously put this on the Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Don't you dare apologize on the podcast. That is something that we should embrace and not apologize for. And brid I don't know if Laura mentioned this, but we do have. We do have three weeks left of the Babble before we break for the end of the year, and I would love to have the two of you on.
Speaker 2: If that's okay, Just remind me what's the bubble again.
Speaker 1: It's the number one pop culture podcast every Monday every Thursday, and make sure you listen.
Speaker 2: Well, this is my official invite, Matt. I would love to come on as a guest. Thank you. When I just you have your people call my people. But guys, that is it for this episode. We did have a little mix up this week, but you know sometimes we do that when life throws us some curve balls. Please keep your questions coming in. If you have questions, send them into our Instagram Live Uncut podcast, but just make sure you put at the top ask uncut so that I can differentiate them. If you have any accidentally unfiltered the funny stories, write them in because we love them. If you have any can't believe they said that literally, we want to hear all your stories. Also, don't forget to jump on and join our discussion group on the Facebook page. So don't just go to the Facebook page it's Life Uncut, but go in a little bit deeper to the discussion group and that is where all the magic happens, and that is where you'll see Maddy Jay lurking.
Speaker 1: Can I just say on that point, Brittany, if there is a question, knowing that I won't be on the podcast for another few weeks, maybe months, if there is a question that you would like me to specifically answer, please tag me in that question when you post it on Life on Cut in the Facebook group, and I will gladly reply.
Speaker 2: That he's been waiting for his invite for like one You know, guys, that's it for today. Please tell your mom or your dad, tell your friends, tell your dog, tell your cousin, tell your cousin'sionce at the wedding, and share the love because we love love