Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app. All right, Rio is going to tell us something that he saw yesterday and two things. Two reactions before the show. When he started talking about me and Lockie, we all were like deeply excited and animated and activated in what Rio had seen. Caitlin and producer Tina, the two Chuckle sisters, were bored, didn't care at all. And I then talked about that bored them and they said, we're not remotely interested in this. I said, Tina, do you find it interesting? She was like, no, not really, And so we think it's a guy thing. Is this a guy thing? What did you see yesterday? And I'm jealous. I wish you would have called it me. I would have I would have come around to watch it with you.
Speaker 2: I had the best afternoon ever yesterday. On the end of my street, this big block of houses were getting demolished. It was demolition day, so they had all the big machines, that excavator.
Speaker 3: That's the only one I know the name of, rolling in and I said to the guy, oh when are you doing this? He goes today? I said, when he said one o'clock. I was like, can I just stand by the fence? He goes, yeah, no worries.
Speaker 2: So I went down, stood by the front fence and watched for two and a half hours as they dismantled this Oh crash took.
Speaker 3: Them took the roofs.
Speaker 2: And then they hack it like the middle I don't even know what it's called. And then it starts to tumble down and they start scraping it away, and then they moved to the next round. It's that wrecking ball. There wasn't a wrecking ball. Now, movies and cartoons have led me to believe.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sweet fash led us up the golden path of lies.
Speaker 2: There was no wrecking ball, and sadly there was no what do you call that TNT detonator detonator I was sort of expecting in a residential area, returning it now.
Speaker 1: If the people who run Chao Sports want to make extra money, start streaming demolitions around Australia lies, I gladly pay up to nine dollars ninety a month for just demolitions and building has been blown up.
Speaker 4: I'd happily pay for that.
Speaker 3: It's so worth I couldn't leave.
Speaker 2: It was like I was HYPNOTI literally two and a half hours once thirty. Yeah, and I could have stayed longer, but you do have things to do eventually.
Speaker 4: And what are you alone? Or were there other men? Because it's like a magnet to men.
Speaker 2: There were every single man that walked past was drawn to it and would stay for at least ten minutes.
Speaker 4: It's like moss to a flame, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Literally, nearby, I reckon, there's they smell us at the dust in the air, and someone there's a building being a flat right now, and.
Speaker 4: You just know where it is.
Speaker 2: And we didn't say a word to each other. No one spoke to each other. We just stood there silently.
Speaker 4: Watching a building being destroyed.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 4: And then there's nothing, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Then and then it's hours raised to the ground and then they start picking the stuff up, putting the skill.
Speaker 3: I could have watched that as well. That was fascinating.
Speaker 4: Patty, are you interested in this?
Speaker 2: I I can't believe you've got two and a half hours in an afternoon of any afternoon to just sit and.
Speaker 3: Watch my partner and chuckle.
Speaker 4: Sisters hearing it for the second time, ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Is even long enough that the men are standing there watching that.
Speaker 1: All they're doing is knocking something down.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna go crash.
Speaker 1: No. No, the big equipment, you know, and being able to use that kind of big, heavy equipment, but using it delicately and with precision, those are skills.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I just wouldn't even think that far into it. I'd just be like, oh, that place is getting knocked down, And the.
Speaker 2: Best part of watching it is it's up there and then you can see when it's about it starts walking.
Speaker 4: Tension point. Guys. Guys, guys, you're not looking away. Crash you know what? You know what?
Speaker 1: You've started a new trends demolition maxing. It's a new maxing. Get on board.
Speaker 4: It would appear this is a guy thing.
Speaker 1: So far, based on Fever, no women on the show are remotely interested in what Rio spent two hours yesterday. Ever, stay doing no. Abby has just joined the show. She started running our socials, doing a great job. She's like, no, I'm out. She probably will fall a sap editing this.
Speaker 4: This will probably be the video of the year.
Speaker 1: This will go trending more than Shannonole singing Friday doing his cover of horses.
Speaker 4: This will be the big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Abby, when you put this live, just put in like in between every other word rio speaking, just putting buildings being flattened.
Speaker 3: Oh, that would be big, big equipment with.
Speaker 4: Those big tires. They don't even have tires have tracks. Yes.
Speaker 1: Do you know what used to be on the news, and I say, bring it back? When they were blowing up a multi story building. This used to be on the tea time, right, And when it would be like the first or second story, like a big old seventies tower. Blot was get being blown up something in Vegas or something in Australia.
Speaker 4: They don't do that on the news, le Why have we moved on from that?
Speaker 3: I'm bring it back. Are we not demolishing buildings.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we're flattening very big old buildings to make way for you more expensive apartments and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But they must be blowing them up. Why are we knowing about this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it? Patty?
Speaker 2: You need to talk to the news industry and say bring it back.
Speaker 4: All right, So a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Maybe I've got this wrong, but I'm just basing on our research and feedback so far. This is definitely a guy thing about being captivated by a building being demolished? Are there any women who are listening to this and actually getting very very excited and go bloody? How has you got any videos of that? You got photos? I don't put them on socials?
Speaker 4: Is it a guy thing? Christian?
Speaker 1: It it is not. My name is Lynnie. It fascinates me too. Where have you been in my life?
Speaker 4: Lynn?
Speaker 1: Massive machinery even it's pleasing to say massive machinery, Massive machinery. Am I just start saying that more like tomorrow's show Massive machinery, even if there isn't any It's like a dog whistles certain people to get excited about tomorrow's show this Friday on The Christian O'Connell show, Massive Machinery. Christian, I love hearing about it too. I'm a lady. But why does RIO keep seeing raised to the ground? Because I think you're thinking of raised as in r ais ed to raise something about raised Ra's z ed is the correct phrase and correct wording to raise it to the ground.
Speaker 4: Patsy's a journaist. That's right, is it?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian, it is not true. I'm a woman and I interested this it's demolition. As you just tuned in right there, like, what the hell are they doing? It is not true. This is some chrissy tea. I'm a woman and I'm interested in demolition, very interested in the demolition process. We had a house being demolished behind our property a couple of years back, and I was watching it from the windows upstairs between meetings over the two day process. Well we you had like VIP, you're in the corporate sweets up there in the box, Christian. File this under things guys love finding a big stick or just a nice stick.
Speaker 4: Actually, you're right.
Speaker 1: I carried about a four foot branch from the beach back.
Speaker 4: And to give to my wife, and my wife went I don't want that, or I don't want that. I went by. Then I just carried it back the next day.
Speaker 2: Nine to drag his stick.
Speaker 4: Christian. Other things guys throwing a large rock off.
Speaker 5: A bridge, egging each other on by saying you won't you won't, military helicopters, making fires, big, putting things apart to fix and then not fixing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is genius.
Speaker 4: I got your text couple of minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I've just put down here things that guy loved just off on my head, fighter jets, swords, swords.
Speaker 3: Actually, we were going to buy you a samurai sword from your birthday.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you get that?
Speaker 3: I remember why we didn't. Everyone was like, he'll, He'll.
Speaker 1: Come back around next year, give me that samurai sword. It's actually called a katana. One of my favorite reality shows, as you know, five seasons Forged in the Fire, a reality show about me. Ancient weapons, catapults, Oh yeah, dragons death.
Speaker 4: Yea love a dragon story.
Speaker 1: Maybe we carry the st things guys love Christian not just a guy thing. They're building a new apartment complex across the road from my shop. I often get sidetracked watching them when I should be working. Christian, I've got enougher for you and the team lit Matthew Lloyd, my wife and I'm demolishing our house in the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: Do you want to come and stream it live on the show?
Speaker 1: Hell? Yes, yes, yes, yes, Demolition Station.
Speaker 4: Good time to hear guys.
Speaker 1: Watch the ratings raise up, not raised to the ground, hopefully, Ray they must rise up up into the rights.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Lom.
Speaker 1: We got some calls here, Pam, good morning morning. All right, deminitions Is it a guy thing? Do you find it boring?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I would be dragging my chair down there and I'd stay for four hours.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Gang, Welcome to the Gang. You welcome me, Deminition Club, Pam, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: No worries, guys.
Speaker 1: Monica, good morning. Hello, Hey Monica, and welcome to the show. Are you in the Deminition Club?
Speaker 4: Are out? Oh?
Speaker 6: I am. We have a triple block being done at the moment in our streets. I send it to my grandson and my daughter and it's an noise. It's just love it it really. It doesn't annoy me one bitch.
Speaker 2: I just love it.
Speaker 1: A tripler, a triple blot, the Holy Cross.
Speaker 6: Going up and down the street, and the mads everywhere. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is this is powerful radio, actually very powerful radio.
Speaker 1: All right, is anyone else blowing anything up a large building anywhere in Australia The next couple of weeks, what I want to do is find out, in the next sort of two or three months, what's the very biggest thing that has been blown up here in Australia.
Speaker 4: And then we send Inter and Pete and we will stream this line.
Speaker 3: Yes, that would be awesome for some people.
Speaker 4: No no, no, the world