Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Illo everyone.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday, Australia.
Speaker 3: Happy Monday, everybody.
Speaker 4: How I'm happy to be here because I am in a bit of trouble in my house at the moment.
Speaker 3: You guys know how.
Speaker 4: I recently got a cat, Raspberry.
Speaker 2: Play the audio ready, that's Laura's child.
Speaker 4: By the way, My children loved the cat, and I still stand by the fact that the cat was a good idea. But I'm me and the kids are the only one who likes it because my mother in law, who lives with me, and my husband both hate it and they haven't come around. And it's not working out very well for me or the cat because this morning she did a dump in my mother in law's bedroom underneath her desk and it had been sitting there for hours.
Speaker 3: I just on the carpet.
Speaker 5: I just don't get cats, and I don't dislike them, but I don't understand them. They don't give you the love and affection you need. Nothing offensive of Raspberry, but like in general, like a dog would be so happy to see you.
Speaker 3: Cats, yeah, don't care.
Speaker 1: They go everywhere.
Speaker 2: If you've got a cat or a dog, it tells you so much about your psyche. Britt You and I love dogs because we're happy, go lucky. We're like, oh the fun.
Speaker 3: Like what am I? I've got a dog and a cat and they're best friends.
Speaker 1: You let me get there. I was going to say, you're the best of both.
Speaker 4: Word, thank you. I appreciate that. Good dig up. No, look, Raspberry, she's like a real street cat. She was found in a bus stop and now she's but she's just like she's still got like street vibes. She'll like you, furage around trying to find food. I'm like, babe, you live in a nice house. You're doing okay? She winder at the bus stop? Did you just pull up? We caught it from a pound. But she's she's street cat vibes. And now she sits in the bedroom street cat style.
Speaker 5: And now Matt's going mate told you though, Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: Blither you are the cat. Hey, welcome to the show. We got pick up, put down. Next, all the big stories from the weekend. Let me tell you you had coffee with your friends this weekend, or lunch or drinks. I guarantee you the topics were about to bring up. Are the topics that you and your friends were talking about.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, we'll probably talk about that, because that's about as exciting as no.
Speaker 2: No pick up, put down of the big stories that the world are discussing, and you two decide whether or not we carry them onto the week. So that is next to start the pick up for your Monday. Welcome everyone. We need to do this. It's one of our show favorites.
Speaker 1: Like gentlemen, if you can't.
Speaker 2: All the big discussion points, all the big articles, the news headlines that everyone was talking about this weekend, I bring to you girls, and you decide whether or not we pick it up and we carry it on into the week, or we put it down and we just never talk of it again.
Speaker 3: How big would you say these discussion points.
Speaker 1: Are, Mitch, I've never been a littler. I actually have read forward. There's not much going on in the news.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, you pick these. We don't pick these, so we're not responsible.
Speaker 1: For how the quality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I love the quality. I love these low hitting and hanging fruits.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's because it's what the people are talking about. We don't want to talk about the big it's the scary things in the world. These are the little news stories you're hear enough of the bad. Yeah, I agree. Let me let me get your thoughts on this.
Speaker 4: Pick up.
Speaker 2: Put down dogs in winter wearing puffer vests.
Speaker 3: Pick it up. I mean, I have a three legged dogs.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put it down because he can't wear anything that has four holes because it always makes him fall over.
Speaker 5: I think you could just sew one together and then have three three holes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I have to sew, and I don't sew, so that that part.
Speaker 1: Did he come with three legs or did you?
Speaker 4: He wasn't born with three legs. He got hit by car when he was a puppy. But so as long as I've had him, he's had three legs.
Speaker 5: I think it's the cutest thing in the world. And also you want to keep your pet warm, especially if they've got short hair.
Speaker 3: So yess have.
Speaker 2: To admit they're trending on tiktog. Some look good, but the little cha hours in like a little puffer kind of look like a little.
Speaker 5: Twistyilah has like my dog Delilah, she has like full on woolen corduroy, like with hoods and stuff that she's got like really nice jump and stuff.
Speaker 4: I know, the one you're talking about Mitch and the chihuahuas in puffer vest looks like gay, they look like little gangsters.
Speaker 2: They do pick up or put down silent discos.
Speaker 3: What put it down? I'm going to pick it up because I know.
Speaker 4: They look stupid, but the people doing them look like they're having a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I have done one. Is it a lot of fun? Hated it?
Speaker 1: Can you explain how they never?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Silent disco is you just put your own headphones on, link to the music. Everyone has headphones on, so it is literally if you walked into that room, you look at people that are raving or doing whatever they're doing, but instead silent. I just feel awkward. I don't I didn't like it at all, and I don't ever want to do it again.
Speaker 1: Who did you go with? Why did you do it?
Speaker 5: I did it on I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here.
Speaker 3: I did vision. That is more awkward when you know everyone's watching you.
Speaker 4: I think the whole point of a silent disco is that you're supposed to just go in and like, get rid of all your inhibitions and enjoy it.
Speaker 3: But when you know the world is watching your dance, it's a bit dumb. Nah, I didn't like it. Put it down, Oh all right, but I don't feel that passionate about it. But I think I think it's cute.
Speaker 2: Let people live, all right, pick up and putting down. Flying to Turkey to get veneers.
Speaker 3: Up, pick it up? Really, you let people live and it's cheap. Contemplating it rich.
Speaker 4: No, we're talking about your business class ticket the other day.
Speaker 3: So I was wondering whether or not that was two Turkey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to get the tits teeth in that.
Speaker 3: Where did this question come from?
Speaker 1: Well, it's because I was looking into hair transplants in Turkey. I don't need one. It will hair is so I know, but it's prevented.
Speaker 4: Well, you're looking into it for me, because if anyone needs a hair transplant out of it the three of.
Speaker 3: Us, it's me. I've got happiness, hair patchwork done right.
Speaker 2: Well, you can go to Turkey and get it cheap. Then I was looking you can get like on TikTok. They're selling packages. They fly you to Turkey business class. It's all included in the one price. They get car transfers, you get hotel rooms, you get the dental treatment.
Speaker 1: I think just sounds enticing. It's the place to go.
Speaker 5: Basically, don't quote me on this, but it's like the hub of plastic surgery. They do everything there and supposedly they're really really good at it.
Speaker 3: Do you come out looking like you've got tic TACs? Or is it like quiet?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Has any investigated the quality of the vinneers, because that would really indicate whether we should pick this up or put it down.
Speaker 5: Currently, it's where a lot of the UK reality TV people and footballers go. They all go to Turkey in their off break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, married at First Sight contestants too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a holiday in a new face, go for it.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to young like, I'm not gonna yucky yum.
Speaker 1: Don't yuki yuam, don't yucky yum. If you want to go to Turkey, gobble gobble, do what you are all right? Next show, what's going on with your kids?
Speaker 4: Look, Marley has learned a very choice new word. I blame daycare. It's a fantastic daycare, so hopefully no one's listening, but I do blame the other children at daycare for the very creative words that my child has brought home.
Speaker 5: You always blame someone else, right, Yeah, Look, I need some advice on it.
Speaker 3: It's coming up next there.
Speaker 1: We will be the judge after this on the pickup.
Speaker 4: So my little girl, mally May, she's four years old now, she was sitting there the other morning. I was getting ready. He'r ready for daycare and she goes, hey, Mummy, I learned something at daycare.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, yeah, what'd you learn?
Speaker 4: And she goes, I learned the F word and I was like, oh, it's in frog, Well that's what. And then she goes and I learned the H word and I was like, oh, few, Okay, she just actually learned a new word. And I was like, what's the word that you learned, sweetie? And she and then her little sister who's two's next to our three. Sorry, Laula's there, and she goes, I learn and I was like, sorry, you learned what said? And then she goes, oh, she goes, but I learned all the others. I learned F that and F you, and and she's got every plural of the F, every single one.
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, please stop saying that in front of your little sister. I don't know where she learned that from, just part of the curriculum.
Speaker 4: I don't reckon the teacher set her down to learn the teacher this one, no, because you know, like little kids, they're all like they're talking amongst themselves and they all like they learned something and then but it was the complexities of it.
Speaker 3: It was the knowing every variation of the F word. Yeah, like d so you yeah, get off.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So I took her aside and I was like, and I was like, Marley, where did you learn this. That's a really naughty word. We've never had the adult word conversation. We've never had to so I was like that they're adult words, adults are allowed to use them, but they're naughty words. And we call them red words and green words. Anyway, that's a red word parenting color blind. Anyway, she she said, it'll be scared when you get driving.
Speaker 1: She's like, I can't look at that.
Speaker 3: She can't go to stop sign.
Speaker 4: No, so she she anyway, she added this little boy daycare, and she.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, there's this little boy. She rated him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah she well, yeah she was because I don't think she realized how naughty it was. But anyway, she said his name and then she said he said it. He taught me all the words, and he says it to me whenever the teachers aren't looking. Oh he's a naughty boy, so he's been doing it behind the teacher's back. Okay, this is my question. Now should I call the daycare? Should I be telling the teacher? Or is that overbearing?
Speaker 3: Am I being like?
Speaker 4: Just because kids are going to do this stuff anyway right at some point?
Speaker 5: But I think it's important that that little boy's family know in case they don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I would be one call up helplar out would you do it?
Speaker 4: Would you call the daycare and do in a four year old? Or did you just let it slide and manage your own child?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well people are already calling, so I mean, clearly, Mum's and cars, you've really caused a.
Speaker 4: Revolution one hundred per But it's definitely no revolution. But it's just this is the stuff that you've got to deal with. At some point, your kid starts doing things and saying things.
Speaker 1: Catherine, what should the law do? Should you be a nark or should you let it go?
Speaker 5: Nori?
Speaker 6: You so I believe she should if it go if something goes against her parenting style, definitely act on it. So my kids. You're a lot older, and I remember my kids hearing different things at school, and I was wasn't an annoying parent, but I did go in and say, hey, listen, this kid is telling my kid. We'll teach my kid how to they do whatever, this, that, whatever. But yeah, no, so I've I purely recken. I purely believe go in and go and say something if that means it's going to make you feel better than going to school, not sort of coming home returning a little potty mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then doesn't the kid turn around and say and say, oh, your.
Speaker 2: Mum, guess what happens after that your kid turns up to school if they get shived like a kid, a kid's situation they.
Speaker 4: Do about like creating a situation where then she gets bully because I do.
Speaker 2: Sam has called let's let's get the polls going. Let's get a wide variety of people talk to us. What do you think Laura should do?
Speaker 6: I think it's like, it's a moment to spend with your kids, but I don't think it's worth bringing it.
Speaker 3: Up with a childcare.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, that kids probably got it from their parents and they're not going to be able to do anything with a parent. Thank you. Okay, last one, let's let's get Lara.
Speaker 3: What should Laura do in this situreaker.
Speaker 7: Look, it's something that she gets insignificant, but I think she needs to call the school and she really needs to get onto those parents so that they can deal with the issue. And that kid isn't teaching other kids to swear words.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing a very recurrent theme here though. Every single female has said call the school, and every single male, including my husband's like just let it go.
Speaker 1: As women from.
Speaker 2: Mars all right back after this on the pickup, I was talking about off air with you guys. Ellen degenerous. She's coming back. She's announcing starting next week, she's going on tour. She's got a brand new comedy special. Hasn't done comedy in a long time. I think she had the last Netflix special she did with about six years ago. But then, of course this is happening after she was famously canceled.
Speaker 3: Well, she's been very quiet for a while now, hasn't she very quiet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was very heavily canceled, very publicly. She didn't lose her talk show. She chose to step down from her talk show and resign and retire.
Speaker 5: I think that that is a push to resign, but they leave it in their hands. Hey, we're not going to keep your show anymore, but you need to make the choice that it's yours if you want that public commuch, that's what I reckon.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that so much time has passed it. I mean, you're more across this than what we are mitsh. Do you remember what it was that Ellen DeGeneres was like canceled for in the first place.
Speaker 1: It was a toxic work environment.
Speaker 2: It was questionable friendships, hanging out with the leach, she was hanging out with the bushes, and she was going to these big events, big parties, and I didn't align with her brand obviously.
Speaker 1: Her tagline was be nice to one.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, it's all about kindness every.
Speaker 2: Show and then and then she was a bully behind the scenes to her staff members.
Speaker 5: It was allegations sexual misconduct, bullying, racism, like, there were a lot of pretty severe allegation.
Speaker 1: She fostered that environment at her business, right, the Ellen Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I mean, look, I think that this sparked a bigger conversation for us, right, and this is around, like we've seen it time and time again, people like Christy Tagan get canceled. Ellen DeGeneres is being canceled. Can celebrities make her comeback from being canceled? And should they be allowed to make a comeback from being canceled? And I think the interesting part about this is that I think that there is a very different benchmark for what people get canceled for. And like Ellen being done for being a bully to her staffers. I'm not saying that's that's okay, obviously it's terrible. But then you have people like Chris Brown who punched Rihanna in the face, and he's still not canceled. We're still buying his music, He's still around with a job, and people are still subscribed to his stuff.
Speaker 5: But the thing I think is really important here and this is where people just like read a headline or whatever someone says and run with it and into something it might not be. Surrounding the allegations with Ellen de Generes, a lot of those allegations were about her show in general, and not all of them are about her, So a lot of them were saying at the hands of executive producers that worked at the Ellen DeGeneres Show, which, like, let's be real, I reckon eighty percent of the stuff that goes on. It shows that big networks that big, that the head honcho being Ellen Degeneress, doesn't have any idea what executive producers are doing.
Speaker 4: Even when you said that Britain, you were like the sexual misconduct, I was like, she didn't do section. That wasn't her, that was who worked in her brand. But the problem is is that the Ellen DeGeneres Show is all like the whole thing is linked under her brand, it's her namesake.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at a big picture, right Like even in the last month, we've seen Kevin Spacey space he came out, he was on Peers Morgan in the UK, he was on a big podcast, Lex Friedman trying to exonerate himself from the alleged crimes that he committed.
Speaker 1: But it's completely different. You can't compare him to Ellen.
Speaker 3: I don't think no, But that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm like, I think that there's a different benchmark for the things that people do. I think that there are some things like Bill Crosby, there's like sexual totally horrible allegations that you can never ever come back from and that you shouldn't we shouldn't be platforming these people as celebrities.
Speaker 3: And then there are some celebrities.
Speaker 4: That get canceled because they were mean, or they were bullies, or they behaved in a way that wasn't congruent with their brand, which I understand why the public gets angry, but I think the issue with being canceled means that we don't have any acceptance for people to be sorry, to learn lessons to grow as humans, to do better. And I think in this instance, at least Ellen DeGeneres gets an opportunity to come back and be like, hey, I've wanted my lessons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to watch and see what she's got to say.
Speaker 5: I don't believe in cancelation unless it's something super super severe like physical violence or sexual assault or cross I tell him, yeah, I don't even need to specify. You all listening know what we're talking about about things that deserve cancelation. We are in a society now where when we don't agree with something or someone, we put them in a box and that is it. They've made mistake, which spoiler, we're all human we're all gonna make mistakes, but not even allowing someone like I really want to see Ellen.
Speaker 3: I want to see what she says.
Speaker 5: I want to see how she addresses it because I think that plays a big part in it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I do.
Speaker 4: And the last thing I want to say on this is I also think sometimes the punishment doesn't fit the crime she has been. She lost a job, she's lost all her accolades for four years, But four years I think that that punishment is enough for the crime that she committed of being a bit of a bully in the workplace. Maybe this is like her redemption arc and she's allowed to have.
Speaker 3: Another story now.
Speaker 2: But the flip side, we don't know what actually went on backstage at the show. What about the people that were horrifically bullied now have to sit there and watch her come on and tell her side of the story, which more people listen to than their's, And no one's going to listen to the victim' story. She gets up there on a Netflix special, probably getting paid ten million dollars to share a side of the story that she's allowed to tell because she's a celebrity. But then people who are going to therapy because if she was bullied in the hallways at the show.
Speaker 5: No that I disagree with that, Mitch. When you say no one listens to the victims, everyone's listened to her. It's the opposite. No one's listened to her. She has been punished because people have listened to the victims, like people one hundred percent listened to the people that came forward. That's why her show was canceled, as why we haven't seen her for four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then there's a life cycle on a cancelation because ultimately we're going back, We're going back to the celebrity, and no one cares about the victims.
Speaker 1: Now, I'd argue that.
Speaker 2: No one even, no one even would remember the story or the All we remember is the headline cancelation.
Speaker 3: If someone makes a mistake, they don't get a second chance.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. No, that's what I'm saying. I'm more mean that, you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's a nuance just it's a nuanced topic and there's a lot to it.
Speaker 4: And I don't think that there is one rule for each celebrity. I think that there are different situations where different rules apply.
Speaker 3: It depends on what was done.
Speaker 4: But I think, you know, I do sort of stand by this that women have to do a lot less to be canceled than what men do. Completely yeah, and I think that that's a whole other story to unpack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another day, maybe tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We're talking about cancelation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or a story about a dog that got trapped in the kettle.