Speaker 1: Christian, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's hear the floor, christ Janie, Jack with God every.
Speaker 3: Right by right.
Speaker 2: One aful tonight Thursday morning. It is the morning after the show last night. Jack and are the man dragons taking twenty.
Speaker 4: Four of you from our backs? Three boys?
Speaker 2: Boys slides out, Patsy.
Speaker 5: I mean the boys were all legendary dragon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dragons were on fire. Let's talk about the show backs three Boys.
Speaker 4: That's a slick show.
Speaker 2: I mean sounded great, sounded great. I guess if you could see it.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, we were here.
Speaker 5: You comically the worst leads to the hell.
Speaker 2: Actually were generally, Patty, the worst things the house level to the wall, you know where there's there's no one, there's no one behind us.
Speaker 4: We are ever touched the wall, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Jack and I saw the Backstreet boys side of their heads and.
Speaker 5: Ears, so the back wall, Patsy, and then all the way around to the side where you shouldn't even really be able to sell seats there because you're in the shadows, you're behind the stage.
Speaker 2: We literally half of the our man dragons were in the shadows. Do you notice a lot of them for some of the songs were leaning over. That was just to catch like the back of an ass. We literally was our Backcrow Boys boys night out.
Speaker 5: When they first went the roar of the crowd when they first saw the Backstreet Boys, I couldn't understand what the roar was for because we couldn't actually see them yet.
Speaker 2: And there are points where they had like their kind of like main bit they kept going back to for oxygen or whatever they need to go to, where actually we couldn't see where they were. You just had to take it from the screens of the actual women could see the back the Backstreet Boys doing.
Speaker 5: Something unless they're out on that catwalk thing where they walk out to the crowd and they can touch the crowd by the hands, which is by the way the seats I thought we would be in. We couldn't see the Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 6: Oh dear, well, who did that? Was that Tom's fault.
Speaker 2: If you mean the producer who's currently off six since Tuesday, because he knew.
Speaker 4: He knew what he knew. That's a smart move. That's why he's management. He knew.
Speaker 2: Let Rio and Caitlyn take the phone for that, Paul Caitlyn when she went we're at the back.
Speaker 4: People are actually saying.
Speaker 2: Hello to us who obviously listened to the show but won't sat with us.
Speaker 4: We're confused. One of them she said to me, where are you going?
Speaker 5: As if then maybe there's a private box up Cram.
Speaker 2: We're watching it from Cremorn. You know we were laughing at you on Monday about your audio.
Speaker 4: When she hear what we've.
Speaker 2: Recorded, it actually sounds like we're in Sydney recalling what was being held there.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So last night it was our Backstree Boys Boys Nights Out. Two weeks we've been plugging that show and how do we get rewarded? You set the back, take your little mates and you get right now, keep.
Speaker 5: Going, keep going, keep the stairs. Keep there's no oxygen.
Speaker 4: This is the matter.
Speaker 2: Keep Honestly, it felt like we were at base camp at Everest.
Speaker 5: Honestly, if I sat on your shoulders, we could have touched the roof.
Speaker 6: I get fair to go in that section.
Speaker 4: Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: Trip, you're on stage. You're literally stage starving from up there. Here's how it sounded our seats the Backswo Boys last night, Rod Labor, we.
Speaker 4: Are I'm sorry, Ah.
Speaker 5: That's high fidelity.
Speaker 4: What this is.
Speaker 2: This is sort of audio. Get just were getting your Rubert on the way home, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Anyway? Jack and I sat down, were up.
Speaker 2: Must be nice to have a view, must be nice. Everybody else have a good time. Don't worry about us of the sides, size and back, not just sides, so sides.
Speaker 5: Them back so far around the side and then the back that you know how some they're always addressing in the front of the crowd, but sometimes they'll give a cursory wave to these after the side. It wasn't even enough to come all the way around to us in the shadows.
Speaker 2: But one point one of them, I think it was aj who still bat Seat twenty twenty three frosted tips. There's no way hair is that color at that age?
Speaker 6: Oh wow? Not probably with the skull cap and you know the needle that you push the hair through with, like the old eighties ways of doing.
Speaker 5: The frost kid you get at the supermarket.
Speaker 2: They also look all the band members right, you're like they're wearing like bulletproof flat jackets.
Speaker 4: I don't know how rough they think Melbourne is. I couldn't want to count what was going on with that.
Speaker 5: Howd they came out and looked like laser tag laser.
Speaker 4: They just come from a game there or whatever.
Speaker 2: All right, Luckily all the listeners we took twenty four all of the show last night.
Speaker 5: We're going to tag kids. They can only listen to Gold FM.
Speaker 7: That's all.
Speaker 4: Nothing else.
Speaker 5: Cigarette, you've got the monopoly on us. You're going on all of our precepts. Made one to six, all right, thanks Christian Jacket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think what hamm is? You get vertigo?
Speaker 2: We' you're not very high and it sounds like you're drunk. Those poor guys they're put into oxygen tanks at the bottom.
Speaker 4: There was medical crew for us. They come to rescue us.
Speaker 5: So silver space blankets.
Speaker 4: We have to tie a rope to each other. We can make it. Get the crapunch, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: On the way home and back straight, boys, it was larger life.
Speaker 4: One of the guys can really sing, No, Bobby, go.
Speaker 3: One to four point three, all right, go one to four point three, christina'conno shall thank you so much for an amazing experience.
Speaker 4: Everyone else will missed out. You're missed out back by We're amazing, So thank you guys again and we can't wait until next time.
Speaker 2: Well, you know we were talking yesterday that Patsy should host a girl's night.
Speaker 4: I've just thought the great one. Snoop Dog's here this week. She loves the do O double g.
Speaker 6: She loves that Snoopy, the girl and girls.
Speaker 4: And all.
Speaker 2: Time waste extra time. We're looking for your clumsy bands. Clumsy bands, the led Zeppelin, Yes, Silver Bus, Messy Higgins.
Speaker 4: She's not messy Higgins. She's messy. Oh no, it is.
Speaker 2: If you start spinning stuff, it's going to milk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll just hit my head on the top of that.
Speaker 5: I guess it was a late.
Speaker 4: Late night, Jack, so it's dizzy right now.
Speaker 2: You're I'm going to fall over, fell down at the disco. I look at the disco, fail down all that stuff messy hickers have laid every one before. You know, Jack, what have you got? Clumsy bands?
Speaker 5: Spilly Eilish and you sit and judge me? Silver, black eyed frozen peas, Yeah, reduce swelling nice when they're descripted more than funny.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, come on, Apple, that's not too bad. That's not too bad, right. What have you got clumsy bands?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Clumsy Bands.
Speaker 2: All right, Jackie boy, you're ready, Tomork, let's go zipping plumpkins. Oh, getting something about Mary, very very clumsy. Got smart now he could actually too smart for us. Zipping plumpkins. That's very good, now we get it.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 2: The Food Fumblers Gold, Bumford and Sons Silver, Blunder, Street Boys Silver, Fleetwood Stack Gold, David Awi gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good. These are all very good.
Speaker 2: Finn Dizzy silver plus slips a lot instead of slip on.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we get it. Nickel hurt my.
Speaker 2: Back Bronze, Elton slipped in, the John Silver plus, Guns.
Speaker 4: And Bruises gold, Owie and the Blowfish gold.
Speaker 2: Hoo's the blowfish quite a reference full Simon, you can call me out, Simon.
Speaker 4: That's very good. Who's that? Mark? Well done?
Speaker 2: Zz topple Over gold, The Little River Band Aid silver, Ungainly Kernahan bronze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, jolly pardon me if you hear any problem.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Bronze Stone, Stumble Pilots silver and Marky Mark and the Stumbling Bunch Silver.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh Christian, we've got no songs for the whole hour. Oh nig nick nig nig naked our naked hour. Oh nick nig niggg naked our naked hour.
Speaker 2: All right, this week, then we're looking for a whole hour's worth of songs picked by you to do with time. It's going to have time in the title the word time or a specific time of the day or night.
Speaker 4: Patsy, what are you going for?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sinday Lauper, I will kick us off with time after time. You're well mine.
Speaker 4: This is a lovely story.
Speaker 6: I love it your first number one. But do you know I was ready up on her last night.
Speaker 4: We're going to get one of the pop folks.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 4: You're ready to eat one last week.
Speaker 6: Strap yourselves in. She revolutionized WrestleMania one.
Speaker 5: Did you know that she did that?
Speaker 4: It is how.
Speaker 5: The love God was.
Speaker 6: He heard me playing the music and he goes, you know, Cyndey Lauper a little known fact. She was integral to WrestleMania. I said, what are you talking about? So apparently when they were trying to get it off the ground, they wanted a big name, like the hottest new thing to launch it, and so she signed up and helped make it the event that it became.
Speaker 4: So what did she perform?
Speaker 6: She would perform live and I think she managed a couple of the females that were competitors. She was massive.
Speaker 5: She was wrestle manager.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 6: And she used to go to all of do you say the games?
Speaker 2: So this came from your husband christ where we Love God? Have we checked any of this?
Speaker 6: I've googled it. It's it's true. Yeah, it's true. Yep, yep, yep, yep. Apparently she was there all the time, and she's credited with making it the huge success it was.
Speaker 4: It's hard to sort of prepare this with.
Speaker 2: People whacking chairs over each other's heads.
Speaker 5: That you know, she was integral.
Speaker 4: Apparently that's awesome. You know.
Speaker 5: Billy Corgan from The Smashing Pumpkins bought the whatever, the competitor to w w e's which is the biggest.
Speaker 4: Perform beta max version of it.
Speaker 5: Essentially that the one that didn't make it. He bought it to hopefully like challenge the w w E. And he still got it, but it didn't make it.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I did not know that. Great wrestle facts guys, thank you. I love wrestle facts.
Speaker 2: All right, Jackie Boys song about time or a specific time.
Speaker 5: I've gone for good?
Speaker 7: Ridden time of your life that's something nonrectable and in the end desert help you at the time of your life?
Speaker 2: All right, songs about time? Time and the title or a specific time I've gone with this? Who knew that Eddie Murphy was the recording artist back in the day party.
Speaker 4: All the time? But Eddie Murphy, what a song? This was one of the sides last Time in the back three voice, isn't it?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, a.
Speaker 2: Couple of people texting in all about Stevie Wonder part Time, Lover the Word and I reckon? That's one a few songs I know the only limit to is it? Cool up ring once that you guys would know, actually don't want Jack's got a blank look on his face most mornings, but this morning, really blank.
Speaker 5: What's a bob move to go like that? This is something I know and then it's by not knowing it?
Speaker 2: All right, give us a called nine four one four one o four three songs about time.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Errol. First of all, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Errol, Morning, Christian, Jack and Patch.
Speaker 9: How are we this morning?
Speaker 4: Er what can we play?
Speaker 9: I've got a franchise from a movie Back in Time by Pitbull.
Speaker 4: Wow, Pitbull. Don't know the have any limits to any of his songs. I would said, not that. I don't give a number two.
Speaker 2: Judges, half Wakes, I don't give a number two man. Errol is always lovely to hear from a listen but no, absolutely never.
Speaker 4: Good God, does you hear this again? Who would choose to listen to this? I would said not that.
Speaker 10: I don't give a number two Judges, half Wakens.
Speaker 4: Man, we don't understand a feuds.
Speaker 5: We have to go back in TWN.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, no, no, no, no, no, Errol, what are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Man? Liam? Good morning guys, Liam, what do you think we should play?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 4: Song about time? It's gonna have time in the title.
Speaker 9: Harry Styles Sign of the Times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's more like it.
Speaker 2: We have a great email, great story about house Styles. We must read it the next hour. Actually, keep forgetting that someone who bumped into him over the weekend at coffee shopping Collingwood. Liam, thank you very much. That's a good one. Let's go to Andrew. Good morning Andrew.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a good morning again.
Speaker 4: How are you. Yeah, we're going to Andrew. What's a song with time in the title.
Speaker 3: Mine is Matchbox twenty three Am.
Speaker 2: It's this station's pitbull Novo's got bit bulls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got match Mart's twenty.
Speaker 2: To tune there, prom Andrew, let's go do Sam now, Good morning Sam.
Speaker 9: Hey guys, it's it's sculpted Sam from the comedy show.
Speaker 4: I Love Sam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did really well. Have you done any more gigs? That was almost a year ago.
Speaker 9: It was Johnny the rest I did, I did, I did do one more show? A bit of a confident after that one invited the whole office. You know, it was my own to murder one step away for a Nutflick special and so Dot. One of my lines early.
Speaker 2: So was, oh that's tough for everyone in the office. You could have get back out of those Sam, you did really well.
Speaker 4: You're funny.
Speaker 9: Thank you mate, Thank you. I will I was just a big proud of your show. You know I need that does so I'm gonna find the other one.
Speaker 5: It sounds like accept your confidence in life.
Speaker 2: Then still still one, just one show away from that Netflix special.
Speaker 9: You can thank you mate, thank you. So I've gone with it doesn't need an introduction, but it's it's nine o'clock on a Saturday. Piano n sing.
Speaker 8: Us the other piano mans singers tonight.
Speaker 9: Were run in the mood.
Speaker 3: You've got us feeling, all right?
Speaker 2: Sam got back out there, Bud, come on, come on. Cindy Love would say, get back in the ring, all right for that stand up thing I did last year?
Speaker 4: Was he poor?
Speaker 5: So you actually sounded like one of the guys at the bar in that.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, let's just reset everyone. Sam's kind of brought the buzz of the show. Sometimes when someone is just pizzure like that, you've got to just calm it down again so you can go back up again, guys, Okay. Songs so I keep saying this, what do you we just call piano man It mentions the time buried in the song.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week's Naked Our themeous songs about time, time and the title or a specific time or nine four one four one O four three, Jody, Hi.
Speaker 11: I've got two for you this morning.
Speaker 12: I've got shirt We've turned back time and an absolute banger, the Good Old Jolly parton nine to five.
Speaker 2: Both of these are great number one, how about it?
Speaker 4: This is the one where she was on the naval ship and.
Speaker 6: Wearing like a bit of sticky tape and nothing more.
Speaker 5: Very approve, not appropriate.
Speaker 6: Oh no, go for it. If you've got that body, I say, she's amazing.
Speaker 2: Both of these are bangers. Actually, Jody giving us her too for Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You cool, no worries. Have a good day and you Pete, good.
Speaker 8: Morning, goodday guys.
Speaker 4: Pete, what do you reckon? We should play?
Speaker 8: Put your hands on your hip smoke, got to play the time, Pete.
Speaker 2: That's a great one and let's squeeze Nathan in Nathan, yep, that's a spirit lovely to be on the radio is yeah, it's moving on, Nathan.
Speaker 4: What's the song you think we should play? About time?
Speaker 9: Clothing?
Speaker 2: Calm, gotcha made a few words, Nathan.
Speaker 4: The music does all the talking, guys.
Speaker 2: This is a kind of song, semi sonic closing time time.
Speaker 4: Face all right, No four one four one four three have got anymore?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: With swe exmazing that someone called in twenty minutes ago saying, Billy Joe piano man ticks all of those boxes you just mentioned mister DJ.
Speaker 4: All right, so yesterday it was if you heard.
Speaker 2: The show of the last two weeks, you would have heard us talking excitedly Jack and I about the Backstreet Boys. It was last night and that we're going to take twenty four of you guys from our Backstreet Boys Boys night out.
Speaker 4: You probably thought, my god, I'd love to get on that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, they're obviously promoting the show, you know, number one station, just to be there and like the best seats.
Speaker 4: In the house. Don't worry, genuinely worst seats in the house.
Speaker 5: I mean, technically we took a load of guys to the Backstreet Boys, but only.
Speaker 4: Just yes, only just.
Speaker 2: It was more and we actually was the Backcrow Boys. We were there was us and the wall. I'm not exaggerating any of this. The wall was behind us, so that technically there's no worse seats we had them.
Speaker 5: We were looking at their backs from about one hundred meters well yeah.
Speaker 2: To the just so you can imagine. Rod and I didn't know if they gave tickets away at that angle. You know, sometimes the band will split, won't They divide in Conker and they're wave to people at the side to say eight poor people that the guy didn't even see us because we were in the darkness and the shadows.
Speaker 4: He didn't even he didn't even he didn't even taken any of our block.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: At one point one of the guys, we had twenty four of the boys there and he leaned over to me and he said, oh, the lights are really good because you could really comment on the backstrom board.
Speaker 2: Best seats in the house. Do you remember we were giving away the fifth throw to Billy Joel. This is actually worse. I mean right on the back at second level, right at the top, right at the bat there. However, all the guys that came it were the real high I actually was getting to have a beer beforehand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd been in the pub with them before and they're all great guys.
Speaker 2: There was a hell of an atmosphere, patsy and noise. It we were in a side room and people kept sort of outside. I could said, do you remember when there was a small child and the family just left the pub.
Speaker 4: This is when we just turned up drove them out.
Speaker 2: Now there was just a combined a man dragon fought man dragons together that it's a lot of fire. It was like a Bucks night a little bit but average as the people their third marriage, third marriage.
Speaker 5: I really had a feeling that a lot of the guys hadn't been out for a.
Speaker 4: Very long years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of were really knocking back drinks. Virtually all of them had got there a couple of hours beforehand to are pretty low as well.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: There were some people that were already pretty merry by the time we met them at half six. Some of them been in that pub since five o'clock. Knock him at the beers. But one of the one of them told you were great about how he got a job.
Speaker 5: Yes, Scott, he's been for thirty plus years in the shampoo game, selling different types of shampoo.
Speaker 4: What a game to get into the shampoo game?
Speaker 5: I asked it, ask him how he originally got into it, and he reminded me of a great phone topic we did one time, which I'd love to return to. How you got your job? He walked into answered it, adding the paper for Schwartzkoffs. They said, how do you want to sell shampoo? Got into the job interview and the guy just goes, you know what, sell me that ash tray. I love him and he on the spot how to sell the guy the ash train. He got the job and now he's the manager of some big shampoo company. It reminded me of the great call we had one time of a guy who went for a job at a CD shop. Two kids, they only had one position. He goes, you know what, you're both great. The only way to sort this out is let's go out the back one hundred meters sprint. Turber wins the race.
Speaker 4: You've got the job.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Another thing I remember about last night from our amazing view.
Speaker 4: See the backs. Three boys.
Speaker 2: Boy exploral five of them. However, ninety eight percent of the work done by one of them. Oh yeah, even Jack Jack leaning over to me and goes, hope he's getting paid more than the others. There was one of them I actually looked like he just won a competition, who actually.
Speaker 4: Had a hoodie tight, perhaps had a hoody tied around his waist.
Speaker 2: I know in Melbourne, you know, we always tell guests as far as you come here, layer up. Do you know what the weather was going to be like at the Rod laver In?
Speaker 5: But just casually taking jump out on stage in I've.
Speaker 2: Never seen that look before? All right, this one and then on nine four one four one o four three unusual way you got a job. I remember about ten years ago. You know these kind of kids farms where you can petting zoos that at petting zoo. Right, we had one about half an hour away from us, and one of the kids was going to a birthday by there, right, and you know where you could let the kids could feed the goats, go a little pony rider stuff like this. Anyway, it didn't go very well, and as soon as he got back, my wife went, I'm ringing them right now and I'm going to complain. And when my wife calls you to complain, it's like Daniel day Lewis and gangs and now look it's butcher Bill.
Speaker 4: You will be gutted.
Speaker 5: What had happened to like a goat bit of kid or what didn't go well?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they just they'd lost the booking.
Speaker 2: It was just like it was just like basically it's just like shipping containers has run out of it's you couldn't work out how could.
Speaker 4: You get this wrong?
Speaker 2: So my wife ruings a complain and an hour later she's still on the phone. I forgot what what what is there to talk about for an hour to anyone, let alone complain in this kiddie farm.
Speaker 4: She gets off the phone. Get this right.
Speaker 2: The guy had heard her complain. I heard a complaint and heard a complaint and with some press and then she went, oh, by the way, and if you don't mind, there's a couple of other things I've seen about how you can make the whole.
Speaker 4: He offered my wife a job there to run the marketing team. My wife has never.
Speaker 2: Worked in marketing, has got no background or qualifications. He offered her an actual full time job running the basically running the farm of the marketing team. How did you get hired? Nine four one four one o four three. Good morning Dave, Good morning, Good morning day. So how did you get home? We're looking about weird in unusual ways. You got offered a job.
Speaker 9: Four years ago.
Speaker 8: I was flying from Melbourne to Perth to look for work.
Speaker 12: I was trying to get a morning role.
Speaker 8: I was sitting at the airport next to a guy. We should have got talking.
Speaker 9: The playing got delayed, so we had a few drinks.
Speaker 13: He was talking that he owned of mine, so he was looking for mechanics That's how I got the job.
Speaker 4: Just sand and sit next to him, had a few beers, easy job interview.
Speaker 9: I know exactly, and I didn't have to even look for work. Awesome, we got a job at the airport on the spot.
Speaker 4: Great day. Thank you very much for the story.
Speaker 3: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: So last night it was finally the night the Backstreet Boys rod Laver Arena. Two years ago Jack and I started getting excited about this, could we actually host our own Backstreet Boys boys night out? Twenty four of you were recruited and assembled. We met you in our local pub, the brilliant London Savenu here Richmond, which is a great part of the dear We've done a couple of things down they always look after us. So the the the atmosphere from the moment I arrived, the guys were genuinely I said to it's a shame this isn't a Friday night.
Speaker 4: We could have a proper night out.
Speaker 5: Was that fever pitchure? Yes, everybody was lovely. Everybody had great energy. We were ready and jacked up to see the boys.
Speaker 2: Which is why it's a real shame when there was a real the break suddenly got sammed on, didn't they When we got to the arena and we got to the seats, and it took a while to get to these seats because these seats were literally were the back row boys. Level two okay, yeah, got better of you up here, seeing we've been talking about plugging this gig for two weeks. Level two for us probably the VIP section or a corporate suite or something. No, keep going, get your ass right up to the top of the back.
Speaker 5: The usher was a sherpas and nice pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were ropes attached to each other so we could it was we're literally worth I mean, I've got to say, worst.
Speaker 5: Seats, worst seats in the house. And our boys were looking at us.
Speaker 4: We didn't thought you had, like, you know, skin in this game. Thought you were the guy I thought I was. Obviously not were stunts.
Speaker 2: We were stunned. So we had two rows. They were the back rows at the banks of boys. So it's not just the high upness we're talking about, because even if you go to the g you can be high up, you still well roughly see the game down there, way down there. It was to the side up, side back, Yes, behind speakers. Many times they were dancing, we couldn't see them.
Speaker 5: You had to hope that they stepped between speakers and screens to get a glimpse of the real back Straight boys.
Speaker 2: So this morning, then we need to we need you to come out in sympathy. Who else has seen a show from the worst seats in the house behind pillars, high up like us, high side to the back. What's your story?
Speaker 3: Worst seats in the House The Christian O'Connell's podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show. So it was finally our Backstreet Boy his Boys and night out last night. Two weeks promoting the show, promoting the night out, and we were rewarded by the promoters with the very worst seats in the house.
Speaker 4: Not just the.
Speaker 2: Back row, but they went to the side and at the back, so you're behind the stack speakers.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: When the Backstory Boys were first came out, we couldn't even see them. Had to wait till they went out on the cap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just presumed from the chairs the band must be on stage, the show had started. Must be nice down there to see them with eyes. Christian two about worst seats in the House, our tickets. I went to them a big Formula one fan went to Singapore Grand Prix. I thought the tickets were a bit cheaper when I got there, and I complained about the total lack of view. They drew my attention to a line on the back of the ticket that said view of the track will be optional. Oh, that's an optional extra service. Someone's a bit fussy.
Speaker 4: You going to do? Ah? You had the worst seats in the house nine four one four one o four three. Come morning, Barbara, Good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good Barbara. So where did you see and where did you not see a show?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 12: I thought my father had everything. I give him a memory, so I took him to Santum of the Opera. I had to get four seats in a row, and we were stuck behind two pillars. We didn't see one answer of the show. My father said he'd never go to a live theater again, let alone a musical.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's it, does Lloyd Webber know?
Speaker 12: And yeah, I can't go to see it in now either.
Speaker 4: And yet family white one and no family member of mine? Too many.
Speaker 12: Was really bad placed inside the place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be behind one pair is pretty lucky. To be on both building a building with two pillars next to each other. I thought pillars were to be separate to act as pillars.
Speaker 12: They've done that to my girlfriend. They had two seats to two rods in front of each other and divided the family because I couldn't put them all together.
Speaker 4: Barbara, thank you very much for sharing that. Let's go to a Fran Good Morning.
Speaker 13: Fran good morning. Went to see Jimmy where took my sister a couple hundred bucks of tickets and we've got happy days. So this he's an absolute legend. He walked on stage down he took his seat at the piano when all we saw.
Speaker 10: From that point on all his shoes.
Speaker 5: You can see him to do that thing with the pedals that they do.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 2: He's doing Wichter Lineman and all you can see is the foot pedals.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Lucky it wasn't Liberati because I wouldn't get to see Ray.
Speaker 13: But yeah, he had very nice shoes and a well turned cool.
Speaker 4: Brand. We'll send your prize for that. That's great. All right, keep this coming. These are great. I'm feeling better now about having any other worst seats in the house.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so worst seats in the house. Heather, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 9: How are you going today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good, Heather. So where were you stuck Gun.
Speaker 10: The Nooses nineteen ninety three? Coulda park? We were stuck in front of a hill with all these people standing there at the like the reserve section at the back, so we were like right at the bank and could only see people when people.
Speaker 11: Moved in Grand you need Paris anyway.
Speaker 3: It was insane.
Speaker 10: It was the craziest day ever. Like there was heat. There was like it was like forty degrees. We onlyly died because it was so hot, and then a thunderstorm came in and nearly canceled the whole thing. It was insane. It was like a mudslide and people were sliding up and down the hills as they were waiting for the bands.
Speaker 13: To come on.
Speaker 10: It was the craziest day.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I like you had some sort of would stock out there called apart then it.
Speaker 10: Kind of was. And then it took us over an hour to find the car because because we finally lit and everyone was looking to the fence. Yeah, everyone was looking for the little fence. Where's the little fence? Because he's in the fence. We were looking at that. What time did you come in, because we came in might have come in at the same time. I can't be near each other. Insane, insane.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how years ago that we were a lot more haphazard gigs, won't we You.
Speaker 4: Know now there's such tight security.
Speaker 2: Years ago you could like you could clamber over fence and go to a festival quite easily.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and so we picked up people on the way home because they couldn't get back into the city as.
Speaker 4: A rescuers survivors.
Speaker 10: Crazy memorable concert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Heather, thank you very much for sharing. You have a good day.
Speaker 10: You're welcome you two guysa thank you.
Speaker 4: Susan. Hello, Hello, Susan, Welcome to the show. You had the worst seats in the house.
Speaker 11: Well, it was actually my sisters. So back in that eighties, my dad thought, yeah, get them some bon Jovie tickets. So he got bon Jovie tickets for last minute. So they get there and they're like either on the second or the third level, so like you guys, up against the back wall, like you guys. But they were given binoculars. And even when bon Jovi back in the day, he used to like do like a fly over over the crowd. Back in the eighties, they still couldn't see him.
Speaker 4: We had the technology in the eighties.
Speaker 2: It has been a really bad obvious winch as well past He was just saying that Mary Poppins, that's the big thing in the AS shows original Yeah.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so at least you guys didn't actually kind of get binoculars.
Speaker 4: We didn't even get that optional extras.
Speaker 5: We just had to go to that tell zoom on the iPhone to see their faces.
Speaker 11: We always joked that they got like the first row out the door.
Speaker 2: The pad Susan, thank you very much. You cool, and let's let's get to Lee here. Lee, Hello, Hello, Lee. So you had the worst seats in the house.
Speaker 14: I did about ten years ago, bring out I'll go and see Rod Stewart. So my girlfriend and I were so excited. We get into Rod laver Arena. We put our tickets in the little thing and the big red cross comes up and says, invalid tickets.
Speaker 4: And what have you brought them online? Or where'd you get hold of the tickets?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 14: I won them on Gold Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: Oh this show.
Speaker 2: Oh the host might change, but nothing else does shabby experience satisfaction optional extra.
Speaker 5: It is the bus riding with a marker on some paper. Rod Stuart times.
Speaker 1: One, Oh, I sorry to hear that, Lee, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I think we're going to get some big opinions both sides of this debate. It's about the toilet and men. Do we spend too long in the I personally, I'm not aware of that. I do like going in there, staying in there, even when I'm not doing business.
Speaker 4: It's like a spa to me. You know, it's going.
Speaker 6: Recline in there and refine.
Speaker 4: I've got like books on the going there. Oh it's brilliant. Yeah. Do you spend you gut? Is that your happy place?
Speaker 5: Don't say too much? Do you give away our secret?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a secret. Well do you think Chris spend's too long in there?
Speaker 6: No, he's the complete opposite. He's like Express Morning, Chris. He'll be listening to this on the way and to think, No, he's express service. He is in and out and I'll say number one or two or so to.
Speaker 4: He's not your son.
Speaker 6: He's quick, he gets in there, does his business. Yeah, I don't know it's just like express service with him, whereas I'm the one. I like to take in some reading material, take my phone. And then of course when you're a mum, everyone comes in have you seen mine? And where's this? Or what's for dinner? And I've got Chris in there, I've got all.
Speaker 2: I still this now at sixteen eighteen, we'll wandering and start to chat to my wife while she sat down, and luckily they don't ever they hear and know that jaws lot.
Speaker 4: They're actually, you want to leave the suburb. You don't want to go anywhere near That's what's going on. You can't live there. Jack saw something amazing.
Speaker 5: This is where Bianker asked me, is like, do you go in there as an oasis or do you just go in there to do your business? Because she saw this on the new Facebook page of the suburb that we moved to, a group member has put this up. Does anyone else have a male partner that spends a ridiculous amount of time in the bathroom. It's not unusual for my husband to spend forty five minutes on the loop three times a day.
Speaker 6: He's doing something else in it.
Speaker 4: Often can what you mean something else? Like reducting an affair.
Speaker 6: That's that's dodgy. That is forty five minutes, three times a date.
Speaker 4: It's only three hours a day.
Speaker 5: She says it often coincides with the most challenging window with the kids. I don't think it's a coincidence. I noticed he never goes to the toilet when the kids are asleep.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I remember when the kids were younger. I sometimes would say, I just need to go a tolet, just to shut that door. I just need to rely. I remember all I once kept shouting, are you are you still doing business in I was like, yeah, almost down, almost went. I've just seen your Twitter. You've just posted two tweets in there.
Speaker 5: I can do two things at once, all right.
Speaker 4: So be honest. Do you think women, do you think that us guy spent too long in the toilet?
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Gretchen, I don't think I spent too much time in the toilet, because my wife often sends me a text ask me where I am. So Peter, we're asking, uh, two men, do you think we spend too long in the toilet?
Speaker 4: Hiding in there?
Speaker 2: Because you're my wife is agreeing with us. This morning, way too long in the toilet. Tuesday, we had a third child. She missed getting her epidural because I had to go to the toilet before we left for the hospital.
Speaker 4: That's Dan and Banarat I spend.
Speaker 5: I can spend a long time on the toilet if I'm playing a chess game and it goes a long time, So even after I've finished my movements, I can be on there for another twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Give me confused, now, but what kind of movements on the board or move other piece.
Speaker 5: But if I get a quick check mate, I'm back out of the toilet really quickly.
Speaker 4: Okay, it depends on the chess game. Yeah, Jane, good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning, how everybody?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good, Jane. So do you think us guys spend too long in the loup?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 14: I believe you do. My husband spends that much time on the toilet that when it gets up, he's got.
Speaker 2: Pins and yeah, throw on Moses. We almost got that with these terrible seats last night the bay.
Speaker 5: I actually have experienced something like me to especially if you're leaning on your elbows into your while you're playing on yours.
Speaker 2: You leave grooves there, don't you? And the toilet seat on your backside, big red mark on my body?
Speaker 14: Can you can you explain to me why do you actually have the need to take in your laptops or your phone to the toilet.
Speaker 4: Who's doing Microsoft team meetings in there?
Speaker 5: I've never taken in the love time.
Speaker 2: He's running a second business out of the toilet. This is office space, Jane. That's gay.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Let's speak to Tracy now. Tracy.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys here going.
Speaker 4: We're good. Tracy, what do you reckon?
Speaker 10: Well, my hobby takes the I've paid with him whenever he goes in a way.
Speaker 14: How are you gonna watch a whole episode?
Speaker 4: It's the monoquin of the newspaper under the arm, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Basically The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Email here from Nicola Nicola subject heading mails toilet time.
Speaker 4: Hi, Christian, I don't think I know.
Speaker 2: My partner can spend up to thirteen minutes on the loo three to four times a day. I keep telling you, if you just spend that amount of time in the tory, you need to see a doctor. Needs us to say he's not made that appointment.
Speaker 4: Go figure.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nikola and Neil Mitchell's and the listener Nicola, thank you very much for your email. So we mentioned this yesterday. New thing we're doing this month. Footie is back. We are super excited. I've always thought about doing an idea like this after I saw a video two years ago. It is of a kid's footy team and there was one young kid in the middland I'm guessing he must have been their captain or something, and he was getting around all these other kids and he was firing them up and I thought, my god, I don't know what the end result was, but they've got a better chance now of going on. So this is why we're doing mini motivators. What we want you to do to the young, passionate footy fans that love their team and right now you're just excited about footy coming back. It's not like it's the middle of the season and you roughly know what it's actually going to.
Speaker 4: Be like this year. You've got hope, you've got expectation, you can dream. We want you to channel all that hope, all that expectation and fire up your footy team. Literally make a little video.
Speaker 2: Imagine that you're going into the change room to fire up the Bombers or whoever your team is.
Speaker 4: Put that on video.
Speaker 2: Do it over the weekend with Mum or dad, the best one over the next color a couple of weeks. We're going to give it an amazing prize. Hone away membership to your club and you get a thousand dollars to spend at the AFL store the first few entries we get as well, we're going to give away some signed sharing balls as well.
Speaker 4: We haven't actually made these yet.
Speaker 5: Were you through and signed as well? Who they signed by it?
Speaker 4: And the Backstreet Boys? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So according it mini motivated and it can be whether anyone who's under eighteen and you just love footy and you want to chal share your passion with your team, what would you actually go and say to.
Speaker 4: Them before a game? Before round one?
Speaker 2: It isn't about yelling at them. Sometimes you can motivate something. Some people with it in a different way. You don't need to be yelling, but however you want to do it. Go to the Christian O'Connell show Dotor today. You you are a Bombers fan, right, it's been a tough actually quite a few seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think back to when I was I guess twelve thirteen, and I would hang over the fence at the training.
Speaker 4: Sessions, couldn't go watchhoul it Windy Hill.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got Sheety's autograph, I got Hurt his autograph. I had Looydy's number on my back. If I think of that time like that is your peak passionate time for a foot fan.
Speaker 4: You really love to sell me.
Speaker 5: If I was getting around them boys back then in that nineteen ninety nine season, it'd be like, guys, get it into Lloydy. He doesn't miss. If they're double teaming Lloydy. Get it to Scottie Lucas. He's just as reliable. Hard Weeks down the back, the enforcer in the back line. But Hurd, he's the man in the middle midfielders, protect the herd. He is the most valuable player. They will come after him, but we have to protect James. Heard then Fletch, Oh my god, when the crowd loves it, when Fletch kicks it from the center square, get it to Fletch. He'll bomb sixty meters. Go go oh, the crowd will go wild. You can do it, boys, you can do it.
Speaker 4: This is big. This is how you read a team.
Speaker 2: If a kid came in and said that to any club, you're going to go out for round one with more intentions, So please enter over the weekend. We want to hear your passionate about your club. How would you fire them up? You have ever.
Speaker 4: To fight and win thet.
Speaker 12: You bag.
Speaker 2: You why? But your voice is mighty beautiful reader.
Speaker 8: You ref them.
Speaker 4: So they can win the fly Head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com, DoD a you good.
Speaker 3: Luck Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm all right, yeah, no, no, just thought he was sort of doubled over their coughing Jackson literally the world's tiniest protein that honestly wouldn't even fill up a hummingbird's beak.
Speaker 4: I won't be hungry for the mist of March. And I've heard that because we.
Speaker 5: Had a late night at the Backstory boys, someone finally offered to run out and get breakfast. I thought a protein would have been just what I need?
Speaker 2: What I need that classic when you're a little bit tired and dusty, or there must be no carbs if a jack posts?
Speaker 4: All right, anyway, where were we? Yes? Here we are? Time for today's time waste? Today is.
Speaker 2: Thursday, he said, buying time. Of course our favorite day of the week, the new Friday. There it is today is national. But all that just to get to this National Biscuit Day.
Speaker 5: You hadn't made it up, you would have got the second thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Global National Australian Hugger Biscuit Day, the first time ever.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's have avial. What the top selling shape flavors are?
Speaker 8: Have a guess?
Speaker 4: What do you reckon? What do you reckon? Is coming in at number one?
Speaker 5: Barbecue?
Speaker 6: Yeah, gotta be the original harb.
Speaker 4: Only gone barbecue two, that's only sitting at number three.
Speaker 5: You're a kidding me. If it's savory, I'm going to throw this coffee on you.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, that's on your protein ball? Is this got so strong with that protein? It's so nervous? Chicken crimpy?
Speaker 4: No, it is, I reckon.
Speaker 2: They're just trying to push sales that where no one goes. Surely everyone just gets barbecue shapes.
Speaker 5: Never been to any event where someone's like, no, break open the chicken crimpy?
Speaker 4: Anyone would like some nice chicken crimpies? What's number two? Pizza shape?
Speaker 5: Peter was the rival.
Speaker 4: However, when you have those pizza shapes.
Speaker 2: You'll be washing your hands for an hour to get that like glitter dust that comes out.
Speaker 4: Of the package. Yes, that's the bonus. All right. So we're looking for your biscuit movies.
Speaker 2: They are Natty Professor, gold I, Tim tam Legend, Silver Edward Scotch Fingers Hand.
Speaker 4: Buttery Finger, and the May Twigs. The May Twix made Twix. Oh yeah yeah, got away from you. It's technically a biscuit.
Speaker 5: Technically got a biscuit. Biscuit Bronze.
Speaker 4: Okay, no blues for me, Jackie Boy Biscuit movies, and.
Speaker 5: Zach and Mary make a Porno the Humbles together. No, no, it's not the Diggers. It's the Anzac biscuit.
Speaker 4: Pass right. Protein has gone straight to his muscles and head. It's juicing right now. Listen, I'm strong Vovo rabbit.
Speaker 6: Oh instead of velveteen rabbit.
Speaker 5: No, no, instead of Jojo rabbit. I don't know what he's been there.
Speaker 6: I'll just be quiet.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I hearing your alternitive commentary of humor.
Speaker 5: Silver Biscuit movies.
Speaker 4: Are you actually choking?
Speaker 5: It's too dry?
Speaker 4: The protein boll Is cookies the worst thing you could have hand right now, is absorbing all of his moisture.
Speaker 5: Crumbo crumbo, Oh dear bo.
Speaker 4: Oh, these are good. Did you leave yours and lost property at the show last.
Speaker 5: Night and you grant start in Biggie blue Eyes.
Speaker 4: That's not like it. Okay, we'll give you a gold for that, all right. So let's see if you've got protein balls this morning? What if you got? What if you got today? For biscuit movies.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time Wasted Day biscuit movies. The barbecue shapes of Wrath Bronze, the Devil Shares Salada, Oh gold, that is very perfectly constructed, ash, very good.
Speaker 5: I haven't had a salada in a lot.
Speaker 6: We get him every week, but I couldn't get the original the other day. I can only get home ill lately.
Speaker 4: Belong on a biscuit.
Speaker 2: So those nature trail biscuits, you know, we're the one all the trail mix hammered it. There isn't it like a still girder tucking into that by choice anyway? Planets of the shapes gold, the Caramel Crown Affair gold, you mean Garibaldi silver, Dunk and Dunker gold, the ginger Nutty Professor gold.
Speaker 4: When Harry met Salada Silver, Love for Saladas on them today, Good morning via Tim Tam.
Speaker 2: Not quite long, silence of the saladas, Bronze too many, isn't now?
Speaker 4: Orio what you did last time?
Speaker 2: Gold on Gina There, Biscotti on the River, Kwai Silver men and stare at Oak Cookies, How to Train Your Wagon Will Silver about us Avoy silver plus and the full Monte Carlo Gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's show. We always like to treat Friday. It's the start of the weekend. It's a party, which is why I think we should definitely do cemetry stories tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That is Friday.
Speaker 2: You hear that, and I know it's the weekend. They're talking about graves. They're talking about graveyards. Producer Kaitlan said, if we do it, we won't get many stories. There is the challenge.
Speaker 4: Yes, some people must have stories about semmetry.
Speaker 5: Well, we already got stories of the grandma's and granddad's floating through the dirt yesterday.
Speaker 2: She's concerned it peaked then and we won't be able to get another big wave tomorrow. We'll get more if you build it, so we need your cemetry stories tomorrow. You can email me Christian christian o dot com dot au. Now tonight it's a real big moment for me and my family. We become Australian. It's crazy to think that, Yeah, five years ago we wanted the three of us, weren't even working together. We were getting ready for the show. We moved here five years ago this June and that's when the show started. So five years ago we came on a visa and we never really knew what it was going to be like. And so you start this new radio show and you know, I was a complete outside and we won't have been sure if we're going to like Australia, whether you guys were going to like me on the radio, and for the first year you really didn't. But now to come to the other side of that where you still make any mind up and shove me at the worst seats in the house.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, you can become one of us, but know your place, no tool poppies here. You e said you're us right in the back there. But tonight it's a really big deal for the day.
Speaker 5: You'll be Australia.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning, I'll be Australian. Then the next time I go back home to the UK in July will be on an Australian passport, which is an an amazing thing. So yeah, the Herald Son have done an article about it today and it really does mean a lot to be in my family becoming Australian. We absolutely love Australia and I know you are your news today you were saying about how it's the friendliest city in the world. People always said to me about come, what is it? Is it the beaches? The beaches are great? It is you guys. Actually it is the friendliest place. It has actually changed my wife and I are kids, has made us more open, friendly people. So I'm very proud of fact that this is actually going to be our home. So the Herald's Son they've also to think about this story. You know, an English guy on the radio becoming Australian today. Their headline is radio Star dials into becoming a new Aussie.
Speaker 4: The use of the dial there, of course.
Speaker 5: It's okay, it's all right. Yeah, it feels a little bit lazy, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Well, how wire you punished this up as a headline.
Speaker 5: Oh oh gosh, put.
Speaker 6: Me on the spot. What would I say, he's ours now? Exclamation that sounds aggressive, That's how she does news.
Speaker 4: What would you have then?
Speaker 5: English DJ goes green and gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: I think that's actually worse than this. Now, that's worse. O'Connell is radio gaga about his new home.
Speaker 2: That's what I would have done with like a crazy photo of me, you know, going gaga over the Australian flag.
Speaker 4: Tim tam, I am, and then me holding up the Australian flag.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I tell you what, why don't you write the headline that the held son should have gone with today and send them into us.
Speaker 4: Email them Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com, do the
Speaker 3: U Christian O'Connell's show podcast