Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: No one knows how Wi Fi works. I thought it could penetrate the ocean, in a.
Speaker 3: Word, discombobulating.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three friends, let's not worry about formal atis. We have a man on air who is struggling right now, poor Jack Post. I don't like crudeness on my radio shows. However, he has a necessary co brown situation.
Speaker 2: I'm running experiment. There was suggested by you. Actually, I'm worried about next year, when I've become a father, that I'm going to be tired all the time because you just lack sleep. A baby keeps you awake all night. You said you've got to start drinking coffee. Yeah, I'm not a coffee drinker, and I've had a coffee this morning. I do feel pepped up. But the problem is you've.
Speaker 3: Been bent over for the last three minutes, grabbing onto the desk, groaning. I mean there's no paper. Yeah, I'm now getting right about next year. What's going on?
Speaker 2: I've had a sudden urge to need the bus. Oh you should go, Jack.
Speaker 3: It's awful. This is why I can't have coffee. The few times I've had it, I've had an accident.
Speaker 2: It's too much to follow through.
Speaker 3: No, I just said, I don't want to get into details, but let's just say there's been an accident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the studio.
Speaker 3: Not in the studio, but in the car. In the car the worst one. The worst one was on a Friday, so end of a week of breakfast shows, and had to leave straight away at nine o'clock and go to a theater to speak to four hundred kids right about. I was on this book tour and it's part of a book festival, and I was so tired. When I got there in yawning, someone said, oh, why don't I get you a coffee? And I went, look, the few times i've had it, I've had an accident. Went oh no, let me try this coffee, and you know, we take it easy and put some extra milk in and stuff like that. I have this coffee and I'm fine. I think, do you know what, maybe this is the way I went to give me another. I have another one then and then they go, you need to go and get ready to the side of the stage now straight away, like you the sweat and the fear like, oh god, oh god, I have to do an hour right, and all of a sudden, I said, someone need to go a toilet win and then I hear this and now our special guest kids big sides. Oh god. You know when you know you're going to have an accent. I can't stop this. As they're walking out right waving to the kids, I'm sweating right with the effort and what's going on in toning. I feel like I'm tensing mid stride. I break wind and there's hustle behind it. And then for the next hour, I know what's happened, and I just have then have to sit down and sign books with kids in my own muff. It's awful, awful, it is humiliating. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: I don't want to end up like that. I'm going to tense my way through to keep.
Speaker 3: Can't do that for three hours. You need to go and stop off the package. Now you go, we're placed on we come back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't know if any of you have ever had this happen to you. You know when you need to go and it's like your backside doesn't understand. Hey, can we can we just wait? Can we part this concern for a couple of hours or until I get home. It's just like things are ready to explode. That is Jack right now. He was in quite a bit of discomfact, actually bent over during Patsy's news, which is often how we all listen to the news, and then he's had a coffee before the show and he's not good with caffeine. I can't do this either, so he's actually run to the toilet. Jack, You're right, this is a new for me and the show and radio in general.
Speaker 4: The worst part is I didn't have my phone with me when I came in here, so I got to knock on the cubicle door for ourport producer Tom.
Speaker 2: In it, and so must go on.
Speaker 5: Bad moment.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you to carry on in there for the rest of the show. That's where you need to be. We can just have a chat casually, like it's no big deal.
Speaker 5: Just go to an extra long song on the next one and I.
Speaker 3: Should be Stairway to Heaven or stick on an entire album. Do you need anything in there? The newer Sack percussion Can we get Jackie class.
Speaker 1: It's Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jackie Boys back to the studio.
Speaker 2: Now, good to see you guys. I'm actually feeling a lot better, thank you.
Speaker 3: So what do we learn from this? You don't try coffee.
Speaker 2: Or I think I have to try incremental amounts. And that was only a half served this morning. So you go quarter tomorrow, Yeah, quarters, maybe eighth and work my way up from there.
Speaker 3: In all seriouses, you will be okay next year.
Speaker 2: With the tiredness, that's my number one concern.
Speaker 3: Bet. You know, it's kind of intimidating, especially because you know the job we do and stuff like that. But I'm sure just like Patsy and Patsy, how did you cope with the tiredness? Oh?
Speaker 6: You know what you do get through a check and it's it is when the baby sleeps, you sleep.
Speaker 2: This is my brother in law. Banker's brother just had a girl last week, Daniella. He said he slept forty five minutes on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's amazing. That is amazing. My phone, I'm like, wow, he's done well getting that forty five minutes. You will be okay, just like the millions and billions of parents before you who are all okay, now, proper jobs.
Speaker 2: I think I need by full eight hours every night.
Speaker 3: No, you'll learn not to like I can. Remembering with life. You can think all you want. You won't get that from next year, once that baby becomes maybe when they're like thirty.
Speaker 2: I know you still don't sleep enough at night because you're you're awake at like nine thirty, ten o'clock and you wake up at three am. Yeah, but there's something happens, Jack when you become a parent that I wasn't prepared for. Isn't there, Christian?
Speaker 3: Where a deeper reserve? Kissing you just like five hours?
Speaker 2: You can, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Can just about. You'll just get used to walkering around for the first couple of years permanently jet lagged. You just get used to that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna just cross my fingers for one of those babies who sleeps all through the night.
Speaker 3: That is the universe right now, that is laughing at your wishes for one of those babies.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: Just go through some emails that have come in over the weekends. This first one is from Tom Stansfield, subject heading poo and Me. There's a theme building this morning, Christian, listen to the podcast a bit about your wife questioning you after you've been in the toilet, telling runny familiar and it made me chuckle. Yes, I was just saying, I think on this Thursday Friday, how there's no privacy in a relationship, especially when together a while, and even going into the toilet. It's not that she will come in and start chat to me after I've used it for toilet business. It's the comments on what's the smell? Sometimes coming out right. It's that it's just too much. You don't need to say anything. Lo and behold. I love it when this is say lo and behold over the weekend, literally the day after I heard your podcast, you're talking about it. This happened between me and my wife. Now Thomas actually screenshotted a text just exchanged. Right. This is a modern relationship that been together for a while, so this is his partner Lydia. How long are you going to be in there? I need to have a shower. I'll be done in two minutes. Hurry up. Then obviously, he concludes his business. He then leaves and goes to work. You left such a stinking here. I almost pute another text. They're still pooing the toilet. I've sprayed and open the window wide so can cope. But geez, you should eat pizza.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: This should be a warning, Freddy couple fucking and this is out will end up. You start with contentions and text exchanges like that figuring about stix sexting, still pooing the toilet. Thank you, Tom for your chorus.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Late La Parties to Home. For all your emails, you can leave us voice messages as well, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. That's my email. Love. Get your emails, even if they are screenshots of exchanges about you leaving to that kind of stuff in the toilet, there's actually not. It's used for that listener, Tom, all right, let's go back to look what this email is from Larrybanda He Larry, Christian, I'm on holiday. You don't rub it in? God, do you remember holidays catching up with podcasts while lying by the pool? Stop it, Larry. Just listen to one where Jack announced his wonderful news he's about to become a dad. Had to pretend I had sun cream in my eyes as my wife Maggie wondered why I was crying. This is great news for me personally as well as please with Jackie Boy. Our son was an IVF baby. We tried loads of times after which didn't work out for us, but we managed to have a miracle. Signs of a please for Jackie Boy. We love you thing say Larry Christian talking about also where I heard you talking about car scrapes and dings. On my wedding day, I thought it'd be amazing to hire a bright red Ferrari to take my south to the church and then drive me and my new bride to the reception afterwards. Inner red Ferrari, no word of a lie. I'd only driven it less than a minute. I'd never driven such a car, lost control the first corner, waving goodbye to all my friends and hit a tree. It cost me five sometimes because of the excess. It literally is a case of five grand gone in sixty seconds. I didn't tell my bride until after the honeymoon. We had our first big argument. Take care. Really great news for Jackie Boy. That's from Larry. That's great, Thank you very much, Larry. Some of your ask machine messages are coming over the weekend today. Our show. I didn't know this.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian, it's well here. I was just thinking of it Monday show being a sixty six six show. I really think you should be playing the number of the base boiler and made him to start it off since it's a number of the base after all. Thanks mikee bye.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure do we need to hear this this morning? Feel good on you mans of this morning? We told notice, but just played this on a loop with nothing else. Do you think people will ring in or will just be like a song? This sums out how we will fill at the moment.
Speaker 10: Take Christian, its leanne here. I just had to bring you and tell.
Speaker 11: You about my dad.
Speaker 10: It's very special. It wasn't actually a main meal, but every Friday night my mother would go to bingo though were elderly parents, and my mom would go to Bingo and my dad would serve up a dessert which was plain white breads usually stale, with a little bit of butter, some jam, and some witched cream and he would call it his scone mixture. So that was my dad's meal every Friday night. So while my friend's got fish and chips, I got that for my meal. So thanks for taking my.
Speaker 3: Claw pleasure anytime? All right, we got the news headlines coming up next to Patsy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast every Monder.
Speaker 3: Then we do your Monday marsh ups. This is where you take two very very different songs, mask them together, creating one new double headed beast. Last week, the best one we loved was this. This is brilliant. So he's got Offspring, pretty fly for a white guy, and then he got bony m Rasputin. Put them together. You've got pretty fly for Resputin.
Speaker 8: This is brilliant.
Speaker 3: See great, aren't they all right? Bony ones? This week, listener, Sophie's got this one the police Roxanne. It feels like it's been too long before we mentioned I fall sixty five and blue. I can't see this or working. Let's have this sound. Roxanne is blue. This feels like a round in squid game. It feels it's combobulating. All right, let's go this one. Then Rob's got the Temptations, get ready and we all know this one, Black Sabbath, Children of the Grave. You don't know the feel good banger from Black Sabbath. Work together.
Speaker 12: You've got to get ready for the Grave, not ma'am.
Speaker 3: Brett, Radiohead Creep. But and then Mariah Carey, all I want for Christmas? You know I said earlier, two wildly different songs Radiohead meet Mariah Carey. This is this is the best one this week. I can't see Tom you're liking this at all. Radiohead had a Christmas song in them. That's my favorite so far. What about this from Cynthia the Monkey's day Dream Believer.
Speaker 13: Carried Me.
Speaker 3: And I am made in the Trooper. Lot of metal on it this week Daydream Trooper. This is ten out of ten. I here, you've n this edge, Steve, I carry mash Up wearing the road ahead. All right, that's this week's email of yours. When you find them online having look on YouTube, you've seen them libr Monday mash ups, email them through Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au cal A Brner.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian o'conl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I think, no matter what kind of weekend you have, even if you don't managed to have a good weekend, often on Monday, you still got rattling around in your head like a pain, a can little thing you can't let go of. I woke up at three a m. And I suddenly had a better thing to say for an argument I had with my two teenage daughters. I literally had a huge meltdown with them Saturday morning. Let me just see if I can walk you through this, right, So you remember on Friday I was telling you how I was going to have the fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighteen hours.
Speaker 3: No, I got it wrong to Cick called me going, someone off has heard your show today. You must not fast for eighteen hours. Were you gonna do that seriously or was it a thing on the radio?
Speaker 2: No, I I've already started.
Speaker 3: I've got six bag for the first time, maybe malnourished. No, No, twelve hours. You mustn't go any more than that. I was like, okay, thank you for calling and telling me how to be an adult. So anyway, I fast for twelve hours and then I get up in the morning, go straight to my blood taken right to all of those Melbourne pathology places. I get there, there's a queue out the door. Right there, says your queue. And I don't know whether people are so bored at the moment just for something to do, to get out, they want to go and have their blood tested. So then I go into the water and I wait there over two hours. It's now up to fourteen hours. Right, I go in to have mine, right, and I'm starting to fill it all of had his water. The lady goes, when you last eight? I said, oh, it's eight o'clock now, ten ams eight o'clock yesterday, and she goes, oh you have Oh sorry, love, you can have to come back into the time.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what what because you've fasted too long?
Speaker 3: Oh no, the waiting room, you go, she said something. I went, I got therese other people around. I don't. I can't go. Oh excuse me, you know, especially doing this and as you think he is is pushing coming in and taking our jobs and now taking our cues and the blood. So I go home, right, and I'm really irritated, right, and I haven't eten. So you put this together, it's the perfect storm. I come into my house and there is a pile of cat vomit, right, and I do, kids, there's cat vomit. Then they went, yeah, we know what, carry on watching TV that infurio already and I'm not clearing it up. And then they go, we're doing a minute. We thought we'd have our breakfast first. Then clear up, it doesn't work like that. How long has that been there? About hour or so? You're just waiting for me to do that or your mum? No? And then I just literally had a meltown, went I'm going to go and have a shower and some seat and when I come back, that better not be there. And I could hear him going, oh, he's in a bag. And then I go flying back here and went, I'm not in a bad mood. This is unacceptable. And then I did this classic dad run. You're not gonna get anywhere in your life if you don't do stuff like this. And then one of them it just looks at me and went, what does that even mean? When they they've actually got you with their body logic?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I went, I need to eat all right? So do not begin this week still in rage, still with something rattling around in you, rage against your weekend. If you've woken up this morning and suddenly it's still there, some small thing over the weekend, an uncompleted argument or unfinished business, whatever it is. If there's a rant in you, we want to hear it this morning so you can you can dump it on the show and then begin your week cleansed lighter. You got some range against.
Speaker 2: Give me a go after this. Our neighborhood kids are back and I'm not happy.
Speaker 3: Not on the old table tennis. Oh yeah, uh oh okay. Rage against the weekend? What is still irritating you?
Speaker 1: Give us a call the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, what is it for you? What's your rage against the weekend?
Speaker 2: So the cat's obviously out of the bag about this communal table tennis table that's open to all the public that's just outside our house. Bank and I were loving it for the first week because it felt like we were the only ones who.
Speaker 3: Knew about it. It's got your own bats.
Speaker 2: We ordered bats, We've got our own balls, and we were playing every day. Now over the weekend, especially with the sun out, the place is crowded. It feels like all from you know, sunrise to sunset. Not only that, the families come in their cars, so now you can't get a car spot in the street because people lining the street with their cars crowding around the table to block Particulously, you think Roger Federer was playing at the table tennis table.
Speaker 3: It's the pre open.
Speaker 2: That's the crowd that gathers at the table tennis table. So now not only could we play, we get home from the shops and we can't even find a part.
Speaker 3: Oh that would actually drive me nuts.
Speaker 2: I want to put up some kind of like out of order sign it's not the table tennis.
Speaker 3: Actually, why don't you? Won't you put signs of going? This is a tier one signe.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm going to use this.
Speaker 3: Encourage listeners to put up fake tier one sites everywhere. Just snake and use a ping pong table.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jackie Boy is still raging about the communal table tennis that's just been installed across the road to mysel. So I didn't realize that he can actually see it from your bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I look out the shutters at people having fun on what I really feelish.
Speaker 3: My middle age. You've got shutters and b you know how to use them property, which is a spy on people.
Speaker 2: Imagine me in my sneakers and my shirts already with the table tennis bat in my hand, looking out those shutters, waiting from my turn on the table.
Speaker 3: Got a pregnant wife as well, who's obviously not going to be able to move that quickly exactly.
Speaker 2: So now's the time to play her. Because she's better than me. There still is a better than I are going to strike while she's like under you know, getting that X. I don't want to say extra weight around but the baby she's got.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say were people selling well, you're already controlling your wards. Don't say. In fact, just stop talking. I don't want to say that's it.
Speaker 2: You can't say she's got extra weight because she's got the baby. Play that sound of.
Speaker 3: This isn't the best example. There's a new feature now call get yourself in real trouble with your other half by coolly up saying they parted on a few pounds nine for one four one o fourth. She is growing a chance. Yes, yes, it's not extra weight. It's a baby. Hey Tubby, all right, so who we got here? Stacy? Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good on in Stacy. How was your weekend? Stacey?
Speaker 14: The weekends are right, it's just every morning that's I'm struggling with.
Speaker 3: Hang on, then let's play the music, Stacey, rage against the weekend? What is it? Mate?
Speaker 14: I have a neighbor that every morning at five o'clock in the morning starts up. He's hotted up super with a sports exhaust.
Speaker 3: And that's no sort of throb It goes right through your house or three your.
Speaker 14: Feelings absolutely absolutely and went on and insomniac, and I finally get back to sleep at about twenty past four, and at five o'clock that goes off.
Speaker 2: I would have no qualms with a law being you can't have loud motorbikes or cars anymore.
Speaker 3: Get them all lowers only for ten minutes of the weekend on midday and then no more.
Speaker 14: But the problem is true even on the quiet weekends when he's not stout in his carriage. What a bloody holly o double.
Speaker 3: Some whole garage up there of like really noisy modes of transport. It's got traction engine as well.
Speaker 14: It's saying that true. He did chase me for a couple of weeks because he has another car in his garage, and he started for a couple of weeks. It has no modification. It's fine for two weeks.
Speaker 3: I love seeing those guys at traffic lights. I actually feel like getting out just giving them a hug, going it's okay, it's okay. Who are you trying? And pressed with that? They got the old racing sort of drop his bucket seats were like those seat belt rocaro racing all over, you know, and it's a supers I think, what is going on? Mate? There's too much going on here. Dad didn't hug you enough? Did he let have one from it? It's over now, my friend pull over?
Speaker 14: Oh, I think he deserves more than a hug.
Speaker 3: All right, Stacy, I hope that's how getting off your chest with us?
Speaker 13: Okay, thank you, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's go to who we got here? Grant? Good morning, Grant? Here you on? I'm good, Grant. I hope you're well. Okay, what is your what's still irritating you from your weekend?
Speaker 5: I really irritated me last night watching the fiftieth anniversary of Hey Hay It Saturday?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 5: Is a caliber of a show like that heyyt Saturday on a Sunday night? I thought, Fiddlesticks, Why you're quite right?
Speaker 3: That is sloppy scheduling. Why didn't they do on a Saturday when it used to be on?
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's just thing weird, like it was such a great show when.
Speaker 15: It was on.
Speaker 5: There's nothing like it now.
Speaker 3: Ye all right, that grant, thank you very much your call. Give us a call. What is your rage against your weekend? Then? Do not begin the weekend?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jamie Is texted me, Chris, the pigeons have an orgy on my roof every morning and night. Bloody, they're around the old pigeons, aren't they, Jamie Christian I book a hard rubbish collection. I hope we've morphed into three w rage against the Mitchell. I booked a hard rubbish collection for last week and they still haven't showed up eight exclamation marks. That's also was really angry online, isn't it where they over use exclamation marks? I called them up Friday afternoon of my addresses on the list. Seriously, don't know how I'm going to cope with another week of rubbish on my nature strip. Debbie's rage against the weekend is simply springtime allergies. All right, Amory's on the line. Good morning a.
Speaker 15: Marie, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: And to the rest of the people, was in there.
Speaker 3: The old collective, the symposium doesn't matter, it's irrelevant. Just remember mine and the other fella.
Speaker 14: It's good boy.
Speaker 2: This is Jack and Marie. Nice to meeting you.
Speaker 11: Did you know that my dad's name was Jack, so I know you.
Speaker 3: Easy to remember next time. AnyWho, a Marie, what is your rage against the weekend?
Speaker 7: My rage against the weekend was a couple of possums deciding to make babies about three o'clock this morning.
Speaker 16: Yeah, my bedroom window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that noise.
Speaker 7: It's it's really scary because I've got a French bulldog and since she hears that noise, she puts outside and I think, no, you can't know it there because she could be attacked and die. So yeah, can someone come and get rid of these possums?
Speaker 2: Very vicious possums. If you're taking down the.
Speaker 3: Dog, well, lamb anyone you turn separate them once they're at it was that locked in they will go for a French bulldog or humor.
Speaker 2: Although noises that possums make will surprise you. The first time I heard this possom noise, I couldn't believe that that's what was coming out of their mouth.
Speaker 3: People have never heard that noise before. Could you recreate it now?
Speaker 2: So mine wasn't a love making but I heard two possums fighting and it was it was like, yeah, that's what love making.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought they like it rough. There is a lot of rough play, was guys, it's just consensual. You know what is going on? They it looks like they're fighting. They're not. It's rough and tumble.
Speaker 2: Oh it sounded so violent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I tell you the other thing as well about when they do that. I don't know if it's afterwards, you know, because they're happy, but they what is about that possum poop? Right? My dogs keep rolling r like they got cat. They get their eyes go and what it does seem to their fur? Don't know what the smell is and no matter how much you rinse them offul shampoo them, it stinks all day long.
Speaker 2: That I looked up why they did that, because Luna was was doing that so much. I looked up. While they do that is to hang over from their wolf days when there were hunters and they would roll in poo to cloak their smell so that they could you know, creep up on their victims and they wouldn't be smelling.
Speaker 3: Victims praying he's gone a bit big on this whole possum thing, and dogs out yeah, yeah, hello to everyone else in there.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every single adult has been the situation where when you really really had to go pee, it's actually agony, isn't it, And you really need to go and you can't wait. However, would you call triple zero to say, look, i'me stuck in traffic? I mean what this is what happened in America? Then someone has called nine one one he was stuck in traffic and he needed to go pee. What did he think they were going to do? Like low or an officer with a bedpand you know why hasn't he heard of a cup holder or even a glove box? I sometimes you have to improvise. I haven't done that. I haven't done that. I was just many talking about the options that could have been available to this guy. Anyway, here's the audio from it. Listen to this very polite the guy taking his call, No one one cheap.
Speaker 13: Police by your ambulance? Need the ambulance?
Speaker 17: No I need a police.
Speaker 13: Why do you say you need the ambulance.
Speaker 3: Let's just stop that from it. First of all, he says, Then he says he needs the what are they going to do. He is going through the very actually farbrigaate. Can they give me a hose and I'll fill up the tank?
Speaker 13: No one one chea police by your ambulance. You need the ambulance.
Speaker 17: No, I need a police.
Speaker 13: Why do you say you need the ambulance.
Speaker 17: I didn't say ambulance. I said I need police.
Speaker 13: You have a police. Where is the emergency?
Speaker 17: Actually the thing is that I have to pee and these guys are not moving.
Speaker 13: You have to pee. Yeah, there's your emergency that you have to pee, and I the police and healthy youranny. I'm not sure what you like me do that you have yourney. I can't help you with that.
Speaker 3: A just connecting, very polite, he says good bye in the end to an absolute time WASTEUF. I mean, look, we've all been. It's awful when he's stuck in traffic and you look ahead and you know this is ages and it might be somewhere where you can't just jump out of the car. Yeah, when everyone doesn't going behind a bush or just stuck there. Have you ever been in that situation where you just have to go?
Speaker 2: Not as an adult, but I definitely had one as a kid where I was on a toboggan ride, one of the not the snow you know, the luge that you go down the wheel toboggan on the medal, the metallic, metallic thing. So I was going up the louge and I really needed to pee, but it's taking so long to lift me to the top.
Speaker 3: And it must have been like gravity. You know. We did Blacken as.
Speaker 2: Well, and I sadly paid into the toboggan. I was a kid. I was a child.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if you were this last year. What do you do? Then in the toboggan.
Speaker 2: I got to the top and I told the guy, I've paid in my toboggan. Is it all right if I walked there?
Speaker 3: They mature young man to confess such a thing.
Speaker 2: And he said, no. The safest way. You can't let anybody walk down. The safest way to go down is on the toboggan run.
Speaker 3: And that's a life lessener sometimes to know, if you've got to sit in your own peace.
Speaker 2: So I had to go as slow as I possibly could take in that.
Speaker 3: I don wanns wanted to get down and out of it. There slopping around in there.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're talking about when you've been caught short. That's the plightest way to say. It is a basic physiological need. And I think in Manslow's hierarchy of needs, the number one human need is to go to the toilet. And when something interrupts that, like the situation happened to be in or lack of available I was about to say latrines, and I'm just using Victorian language. The trains. It's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a problem.
Speaker 3: So this morning when we caught short nine four one one oh four three, reason we're asking the saying man in America has called nine one one with an emergency, stuck in traffic, and he what he needed to pay.
Speaker 13: Nine one police? By your ambulance? Yea, I need you need the ambulance.
Speaker 17: No, I need a police.
Speaker 13: Well, then why do you say you need the ambulance.
Speaker 17: I didn't say ambulance, I said I need police.
Speaker 13: Ok, you have a police. Where is the emergency?
Speaker 17: Actually the thing is that I have to pee and these guys are not moving.
Speaker 3: You have to pee.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this is your emergency that you have to pee? Yeah, and how the police can help you? Yearne good point.
Speaker 17: I have to be man, I'm not sure what you like me do.
Speaker 13: That you have Yearney, I can't help you with that. I am just connecting. Thanks good.
Speaker 2: I like that the call. He's like, hey, I have to pay you work out how you solve it. I have to pay.
Speaker 3: It's nine one one's problem.
Speaker 2: You do have got the emergency?
Speaker 3: Where in my pants? Still with it?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 3: Right? Then when did you have to go? When did you get caught short? Christian? Good morning morning?
Speaker 13: Here you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good buddy, So caught short? What happened?
Speaker 13: Ah? Years ago?
Speaker 16: When I was a truck driver, I was on went through road stuck in traffic, and I was doing a cretane stack at the time, and I was working out. So you need to drink about three leters of water a day when you do a pretane stack. Anyway, so I had a two later water bottle. Basically had to tip that out and essentially fill it back up.
Speaker 3: We did not need any filling it back up. We already there, buddy. Oh, I were two liters.
Speaker 16: Probably I reckon I would have got close to filling it up.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you say goodbye to that drink bottle? Christian?
Speaker 3: Or can you run it?
Speaker 2: Through the dishwasher and it takes Yeah, I.
Speaker 16: Got rid of it. I didn't want to do a bear grills. Yeah, I just got rid of it.
Speaker 3: Hopefully not on the Glennberry Road. So I'm just choking. So it's a great thing. Two little bottle of pea gets thrown out them. Oh that is wow strong start with this one. Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 13: I have a good day cheery too.
Speaker 18: So much.
Speaker 3: Take care Tanya, Tanya, Hello, and when did you get caught short?
Speaker 19: I was about.
Speaker 14: Eight years old.
Speaker 19: I went on a little family adventure with my best friend's family and.
Speaker 14: They took us to Arthur's seat cheerleast.
Speaker 19: And it's an open chair leads a bit like at.
Speaker 3: And imagining it we can see it.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and it goes for about half an hour, and I just had to go. And the poor people that were sitting in the chairlift behind me would have just seen this stream as I just could not hold a hold on any longer, and the poor and then I had to end up going home with my family friend's car with no clothes all the all the windows were down, and I was just mortified as the.
Speaker 2: Danya when I when I got caught short? On the toboggan. I was with family friends, I wasn't with mom and dad. Yeah, and it's shame.
Speaker 3: All for you poor things. Wow, that is incredible. Those are what are those stories? You don't forget?
Speaker 2: Those you never forget.
Speaker 3: They're buried deep in there?
Speaker 8: Are there?
Speaker 3: This come out of random moments? Dania, Thank you very much and cool, we'll send your prize.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're all grown ups, I think, all of us. You don't get to be a grown up without some kind of incident where you were caught short. And tell you who is really enjoyed taking calls today? A young producer in the studio real. I have never heard him laugh so much. He loves one of these stories. Who knew? And now just at the thought of what he's.
Speaker 2: Heard, actually throwing his head back with it after.
Speaker 3: And then when I went, oh, should we have the one? Who is? It's too long for you, It's too long for your show, private show of them all right? Nine four one four one o four three When you got caught short Darren morning.
Speaker 15: Yeah, looks I'm glad to get this off my chest. Eighty one already toils at Mett Buller and the cheerlift, and as it happens, they stopped every now and then, and I was so so desperate, I was going to burst. Eight had a bit of a look, but I didn't care. I've got into a good position on the chairs and find myself in the middle, and I let it go. And I swear I heard some appause at the end of it, but I won day my hearing, but I had.
Speaker 13: I had to go.
Speaker 15: And I think I think that my chicking the equipment. I think there was a bit of fosspot that.
Speaker 3: You know, so much going on here. So obviously if you're you're up there in the air and on a chair lift, often there's people beneath you who are gonna be spattered by semi frozen urine falling from the sky. I want a refund. Actually I went to a mountain, but I got pen on. I'm sure the guy up in there chair you've got to have a word with them. And there's signs up there don't pee from the chair lift. An the way you said, you've got to get this off your chest, And I just thought this must happened a couple years ago, nineteen eighty one or eighty two, that's a long time you've been holding this secret. Shame, isn't it, Darren. Yeah, it's a pleasure. It's a pleasure. Have a good week down thanks to corner mate. Very funny, uh, Lenny, Good morning, Lily.
Speaker 11: Good morning Christian Lely.
Speaker 3: You are what happened when you got caught short?
Speaker 11: Well, it was the beginning of this year and I was on my way home, traveling on the Western Freeway and everything stopped on the freeway. It was bumper a bumper. It ended up taking me about five hours to get home. But in the middle of it, I was busting.
Speaker 7: It was killing me.
Speaker 11: I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 7: I couldn't get.
Speaker 11: Out the car. I had a few trucks around, and they could sort of see in, you know, because there's eye up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So I grabbed my jacket and put it across my lap to give yourself some dignity, And I had a wide nicked drink bottle, so I took the tap off and.
Speaker 3: I did not need to stop boasting what Alex.
Speaker 11: I stitched down in my in my driver's seat with the bottle between my knees and release myself.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I mean. That's like a pilates move. Is it one of the advanced one to do all that under the old dignity shrouds. You've got the jacket as well from the prying lorry driver's eyes, as if they'd want to see that anyway.
Speaker 11: It was embarrassing, but I just they looked around me, they'd be.
Speaker 3: Able to see, they'd understand, they'd understand. Lennie, thank you very much. You cool take it might have a good week.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bye, Adam, I have one last one, Adam Kiday. Guys, Yeah, Adam, what happened then when he got caught short?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So about ten years ago, I was doing a europe tour and I was staying in Amsterdam for a couple of days. I had been out to a couple of pubs drinking, and I was on my way back to my accommodation in the night and it was about it probably about a twenty minute walk or so, and about ten minutes in I was like, oh, I really need to go, and I was, you know, foreign country.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Everything was sort of closed, like the canal was on my right and on the left was sort of on the outskirts of the red light district. And as I'm sort of walking along, there's a couple of yurinals.
Speaker 8: But I didn't.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I didn't. I needed to do number twos. I was getting sweaty, I was getting sweaty, I was getting tingly arms. I was just I was just I was going to go and I didn't want.
Speaker 8: To do it.
Speaker 4: I guess in my pants. So as I'm walking along, the ladies of the night are in these sort of glark in behind these glass doors and they tap tap on the window to get to get your attention with like a key or something like that.
Speaker 3: A lot of detail about this mate for someone who just happened to be wandering around. Is this your story? Is it?
Speaker 4: So? So I was just like, there's no option.
Speaker 3: I need it.
Speaker 4: I need to go in.
Speaker 3: Again. O'Connell, I know, I know, real huminary trap problem again now Friday night, every Friday, it's always this place.
Speaker 4: So she was she was stoked that I was coming over the window anyway. So I said, I just need to go to the toilet. I need to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: You dirty pay extra for that. Christian Connell's Show podcast, So for this week's miss Herd lyrics. Every Monday, we go through your miss her lyrics that you send in whenever you hear them, it's just another miss her Christian O'Connell's miss lyrics as we play them back, Can we listen out see if we're hearing what you think you're hearing. If we agree, you'll hear this. If no, and today, I think it's actually one of the biggest misses. I could be wrong, it could be my is you're design. I think it's one of the biggest swings in a miss we've ever had. But anyway, the great Ones Hall of Favor, recent Hall of Famers like this, We are family, sister Sledge. Just let me stay pull the vicar. All right, let's get into this week's Vas has this song Linel Richie dancing on the ceiling. Everybody, let's dance. According to our friend Vaz, everybody have sex. That's surprisingly, that is subtle, but vas can I hear it? That says more about Vaz than the song. But anyway, not our concern. Everybody have sex? Yeah, what a ass? Robin has this one? Madonna erotica erotic erotic? Put your hands all over my body? Or is it bill Oddie? Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body? No belody, Christian, what was that? Billardi was one of the great amazing legends that were in this the Goody. Now is Robin right? Is she hearing bill Oddie Bell Loddie put your hands all over my body? I mean he was irresistible.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did not know.
Speaker 3: Madonna is a fan of the Goodies. She was singing about erotic thoughts about Bell Dotti, Lodgy Bellotti. What a Hall of Famer. Well done, Robin Andrew William Williamson was so good he named himself twice. It's got this by Prince a little a Corvette or is it living with Covid reds or shadow on? It's well done, No wonder you name yourself twice? That's very good. Ian Dantu has got this from kiss I love it loud whiplash heavy metal accident? Or is it whiplash heavy metal laxative? Yeah, definitely laxative. Now it might be my ears and sometimes I get it wrong, But can you guys hear this? I don't know, Begs, you should be dancing what you're doing on your bed on your back or is it what you're doing in your mother's nickers? Once more? Or is it what you're doing in your mother's niggers? Not hearing this, but you decide, No, it's nowhere there, not even in the vicinity, not even in the postcode. Are you hearing it? What are you doing an your mother's nickers? Biggest one ever? I'm very sorry, Kathy Cave, but I hope everything's all right Finny Today from Gregg christ And I have a very niche miss heard look for you. This one's for all you botany fans out there. That is a big demo for us. The botany fans will really trying to pull them in a moment. Pearl jam Daughter, young girl violent center of our own attention. This is a great young girl violence center of a rhododendron. Rhododendron, by the way, is a large genus of woody plants. For you botanists out there, Shout out my.
Speaker 21: People, Yes it is rhododendron.
Speaker 3: Is there? Don Greg best in show this week though the shot news Madonna in Erotic was singing about bill Odie. Billlodie, put your hands all over my body, William, thank you very much. Sure we misshard lyrics. Email me Christian at Christian o'connorun dot com dot au whenever you get them.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: This show is hiring at the moment, so I don't get too excited. No money, it's unpaid work, but your soul will be paid in eternity forever. Wherever you listen to a show, we are looking for correspondents wherever you are, whether you're anywhere dotted around Victoria, Australia, right now, all over the world listening on the Iart platform. We know I've seen. Have you seen the map of the world?
Speaker 2: By the way, I've seen the map of the world.
Speaker 3: Have you seen a map of the world. It's a cool thing I've seen. They will show you this matter of where all our podcast listeners are.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: Yes, see are geo location doub believe it's cool, but anyway, very interesting. Mister DJ. What's the point. I'll tell you what the point is. It's been a divided world for far too long. We're trying to bring wherever you are in the world, We're trying to bring you to the show and on this radio show. So where you are, we just wanted to leave us a message and tell us why you'd want to be the correspondent from wherever you are some of the ones we've had so far. Then we've got this, Johnny Boy.
Speaker 18: Hey, Christian, Jack and Pats. I was catching up with your podcast from Monday when you were discussing Eminem's new restaurants in Detroitce I've lived in the UK my entire life up until last month when I moved to ann Alburn, Michigan, which is about fifty miles away from Detroit. So I've moved here to take up a virology research role at the University of Michigan. I'm not sure of my immediate availabilities. We have lots of cells and viruses on the go at the moments, but if you do need somebody in the future to sample Mum spaghetti sandwich, I'd be more than happy to travel the try for a live review. Thank you guys so much for the show, as it's got me through a lot of tough times, and I apologize to Melbourne for my horrific Northern Pomme accents, but I hope everyone is doing well given the current situation. All the best to you guys, Melbourne and Australia all the way from Michigan.
Speaker 3: Alright, let's go from Michigan too. Well, Don from the Gong, This is great and I love this one from Don.
Speaker 6: Christian mate, Don from the Gong here, and that name alone should be enough to tell you that I'm your man for Willo Gong correspondence. Yeah. I have no wife, no kids, no distractions. I can give my order this no wolf out there. An interesting fact about me is if you're a true friend of Andy Lee, you would have seen me win fifty grand on the cube. That was pretty fun. Something you might not know about Willing Gong is that we have apparently a widely successful quidditch team in the Harry Potter the universe.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: And the latest news out of Woollongong is when we get out of lockdown on the eleventh, Troji Beach Hotel is booked out to an MBA. So get your booking z in hurry up.
Speaker 2: That's today the eleventh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, great news. Then, well I'm doing from the Gong all right, this go do this Burson.
Speaker 22: Hello, Christian, Jack and Patsy. This is Mendy from Brooklyn, New York. I'll be more than happy to be your correspondent. To New York City. Brooklyn is obviously famous for being near an old classics factory where one Jack Post met his now wife Bianca. I first became aware of your amazing work when my good friends he miss Shenandi, went over to London and did some shows with you, and you guys played a classic game of pick the rat.
Speaker 3: What a great match.
Speaker 22: Anyway, I must apologize in advance that I am unavailable for any correspondence Friday nights and Saturdays due to the fact that I am a hasidict you. Anyway, keep up the great work, have a great day.
Speaker 3: No need for an apology. That's a great mendy. So we go from USA to South Africa.
Speaker 23: Hi, Christian, my name is MIKEV. I'm twenty three years old and I'm currently sitting in Durban and South Africa, and I think I'm your future correspondent from this part.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 23: I am a radio presenter. I work in radio here and that is largely owed to you and your work.
Speaker 3: Over the years.
Speaker 23: As a young child, we became quite annoyed by our local station, so my dad and I would stream your show from the UK while driving to school every morning. An interesting fact about myself is that I once partook in a game called Surviva South Africa and in the experience, my big takeaway was that I can put into a hole that's very very small. Otherwise, Christian, I really hope to hear from you soon. I'm a huge fan of the show. I loved your book and I think that I'm the perfect person to get a gauge of the ground of Durban and South Africa.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Mike. One last one we've got Ricky boy. You know, it's the Sheriff of Nottingham High.
Speaker 20: Christian Jack and Pats. I'm rick from Nottingham in England and I'm applying for the correspondence role. I'm fifty two, married to Vicki and with two children at university.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 20: They gone as far away to university as they possibly could and they've gone to Scotland, so says a lot about my parenting skills. Really, best thing about Nottingham is it reported to have four women to every one man. So rio come and visit us and even you might have a chance, but please don't send them where I be. Love God, Patsy, You'll never get in back. Nottingham claim to fame gave the world traffic lights and harmac so you're very welcome, Melbourne. Imagine a world without them. So recruit me as your foreign correspondent in the UK and I'll give you regular updates of all things Nottingham.
Speaker 3: Love this. I love hearing all the different accents. All right, So wherever you are, email me if you're interested into becoming our correspondent. From wherever you are to shoot me a nine. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: It is often a very fragile state the male ego. I have a retired neighbor lives next door called John and his lovely wife Judy. Fortunately, John, when he cuts his grass, comes and voluntarily cuts my nature strip.
Speaker 2: What an amazing free kick for you.
Speaker 3: But I don't like it. I feel emasculated. My wife always goes, oh, Jones, are I was about to do it? I don't need him doing it. I am capable to cut my own grass.
Speaker 2: What he's probably doing is, hey, I'll extend this gesture to you if next time you're mining the lawns, you do my nature strip.
Speaker 3: I got one in John's little backyard on Saturday. Right, you're winned these backyard No, no, no, I saw yesterday. That's taking it too far. I saw Saturday morning right that my nature strip needed a cut, right, And then I went more, John's does too. I thought, I'm going to get out there now, I'm going to cut his. So I did, right, and I put a lot of work into it. His look better than mine. Right. I made sure the stripes were great, even the edges. It was really good. I got the leaf blower. It is. I've got to say, his nature strip has never looked better. His wife comes out, How good did I feel? Right? His wife comes out on crutches. I don't know. She just had a neva pacement. She's like, oh, thank you so much. Are so kind, Christian. It's no big deal. It's no biggie. You know it's on me anytime. It's not too bad. And she went, oh my god, it looks really good. When please feel frighted to pass that on your husband John as well. Anywhe hour later, he sends me a text message he is filthy. Oh he's actually telling me, please don't ever do that again. Please don't know it again. He didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Either, what because of the emasculation or yes.
Speaker 3: He didn't say it, but I got it went. I don't need to do that. It's okay, Please don't do it again.
Speaker 2: You guys are going to have a kindness wary mopping each other's floor.
Speaker 3: My wife work as well. Don't do that. I don't think he liked that when I was trying to win you know what you were doing. It must end now and now I'm going to keep going. I've also seen I don't know your hege trimmer, but also noticed that his head needs a trim. I'm going to buy one.
Speaker 2: Today paint his heir.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one just been announced the Spice. This wasn't in Patsy's news Maybe tom at nine Patsy for a room for the news about the Birds of the year has been announced.
Speaker 2: How did you leave that out come on your wheelhouse?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The superb fairy Wren, one of our favorites on the show, has one Australia's twenty twenty one Bird of the Year, the superb fairy wren. Great name this is it? That sound like spring?
Speaker 2: A beautiful looking bird. The superb fairy Rah so hotty a bright blue? Yeah, well, actually you know what. The males are bright blue, the female fairy wren sadly just a pale brown. If I would, I must say a basic bird.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So really it's the guy who's won it. This is a press conference earlier. You can have that one for nine twenty thousand people voted huge revolts. People are very upset. This is the way the world know, isn't it. One super wren fan spoke to The Guardian. I've been seeing a lot of the posts on Twitter saying, oh it's a common bird. Why couldn't something more special win? They're not even the best fairy wren, but these tie any little balls of pure joy have managed to hang in our cities and delight as they flutter past these days, even outrage about birds of the year. So today's time waster is bird movies. How are your bird movies?
Speaker 2: Jackie miye, I am happy with mine.
Speaker 3: Let tit be?
Speaker 2: Let it be gold?
Speaker 3: Look goose talking.
Speaker 2: Gold x ran silver.
Speaker 3: The Kingfisher's speech. Ah, what have you got to say, old friend? Silver plas puffins are a beautiful yes, cold weather bird run out of ground on that one. An X a bit of research. Puffing on the rits. Oh, he's dressed up smart. That's right, he's puffing on the rits with his top hat and caine. What's the original film putting all the rits?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yes, bronze.
Speaker 3: Dude, dude, where is my macare Fronz? Damn it? People with lot goose talking honk honk.
Speaker 2: So you started very.
Speaker 3: Sweat all right, Jackie bot, What have you got bird movies?
Speaker 2: You've got quail?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, strong gold Horden.
Speaker 2: Here's a hoot that's probably now no common you like to at the start inglorious buzzards.
Speaker 3: That's Tarantino bird movie.
Speaker 2: I like that gold and plucking miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, so much violence happens to a show to show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today, we are looking for your bird movies, Jackie boy, have you got your binoculars ready?
Speaker 2: I am, I can spice some great birds up in them trees.
Speaker 3: Let's hear them where up a nim tree? Excuse me, Patsy, what was that noise you just made this friend coming out of the microphone.
Speaker 2: It's like scoffing at our.
Speaker 3: Checkpost weekend at Budgies Silver plus, Carli catch me if two can gold, Well done, Rebecca are.
Speaker 2: Starling is born Clever Gold.
Speaker 3: The Emperor Penguin strikes back silver that deserves gold. That's great ornithological skill. Sorry, Robi, trying to get it upgraded. Nothing. Falcon air nick Cage is a falcon.
Speaker 2: If Nick Cage is the falcon, I.
Speaker 3: Promise you starring Nicholas bird Cage.
Speaker 2: Oh that's clever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's then that's a lucky Wedde Fowls moving Castle.
Speaker 2: Silver keV we brought to Nemi you gold.
Speaker 3: Ten things I hate about Shrews Silver twelve angry.
Speaker 2: Mcause Bronze.
Speaker 3: By the dozen. It's hard to do that noise of like cheaping that merger, isn't it jeep Well, I don't know where what country they're from?
Speaker 2: These birth by the way, Silver plus.
Speaker 3: I tried Trevor saving saving Parrot Ryan Gold. We never leave a parrot down. Darryl Freddy got feathered.
Speaker 24: Gold along came Polly won a Cracker Silver Conean the Budgy Smuggler, bron Lark Nado Bronze.
Speaker 3: Ace Ace, Voltura gold, very good, Canary met Sally gold. That's great. Carl I love that Canary met Sally, Meet the Flockers, Gold, the man with the Golden Goose, Gold word and Dave, can we continue the gold run? Throw Mama from the nest. That's good. A few good wren gold, Liar Liar Bird Gold, Luke and nooser and four Webbings and the funeral.
Speaker 2: That's a gold plus. That's today's winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, well done. Four Webbings and the funeral. Jan you win the very first bad tickets to go to Red Hot Summer Tour. Tickets on sale this Thursday. We'll select quickly. We are back tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast