Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community.
Speaker 2: We pay our respect to their.
Speaker 1: Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples today.
Speaker 3: This episode is recorded on Gaddigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and a welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, I'm Mitch Churry. You sound like an airborne salesman or something what like?
Speaker 3: By now and I'll grow in a set of freeze teak noves.
Speaker 4: Apricut scrub Washian you get free drinks.
Speaker 3: And much Okay, remember that that was it a born or that that sonar? And i'ves apricott scrub. I think I scrubbed off half my face as a nineteen year old. I reckon, That's why I look old. It's got nothing to do with the sun damage. Its Yeah, that shit is so abrasive and unnecessary.
Speaker 2: You know, I watched something in a documentary.
Speaker 4: You know all those like micro exfoliating beads in scrubs don't break down in the ocean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, microplastic I didn't know this in the fishies.
Speaker 4: I thought they were like little balls of like they just burst or something like starbursts or something.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, this is a really sad start to this episode. The whole world is full of plastics.
Speaker 2: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: Our parents ruined everything?
Speaker 2: Speaking of the.
Speaker 4: Whole world, bo Ryan travels the whole damn thing good section general.
Speaker 3: What let's first say, Unfortunately Brittany Brittany Hockley, as you all kind of have cottoned on in the last few episodes, she's still not here. So last week and this week, Mitch Cherry and I have been holding onto the reins of the radio show, just the two of us, and this is our Saturday radio show, all packaged up in a nice little sweet morsel for you guys to enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Can I just say all like work and jokes aside? I love doing this with you. I love you so much. This is so much fun.
Speaker 2: Okay? Is this a job?
Speaker 3: How do we get paid to do that?
Speaker 2: Truly? And we don't want to come across as obnoxious because what I so like it's obnoxious? Oh don't you lie? That's so funny that I'm obnoxious?
Speaker 3: What good hair so a lot of you won't know listening to this, but I am a decade old with the minxtury ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So on today's radio show, we talked about the price of Lettuce. It's going to be really exciting for everybody. We also talked about an X of mine.
Speaker 2: Who joints a week.
Speaker 4: Laura recommends cowtrait tells us her favorite milk to have strong bones.
Speaker 3: We also talked about an X of mine who I don't I mean, I have talked about him on the podcast before because it's none.
Speaker 2: Of my none of my ex are safe.
Speaker 3: But I don't think I ever told you guys about something that he would do in his sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh you've never told this story. No, it's a fake story.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna call it swindled you into free sex.
Speaker 2: And that's a look. That's all I'm gonna say. Laura was given up free sex.
Speaker 3: Cracking on anyway, if you if you guys have been, I'm Stars Live. We are on the radio every Saturday morning. It's from ten until twelve. But this is all the best bits, all the good laughs. I was gonna say the deep moments, but there's truly none.
Speaker 4: It's just see moment we get deep for one quick moment, did we No?
Speaker 2: I forgot I thought we did for one second. But no, anyway, let's get into it. Enjoy it.
Speaker 4: You're telling me something off the year that I don't know if you want to bring up about your relationship.
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to talk about this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean we can share it across the country.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: Look, Matt and I have gotten to a point where we've started sleeping in separate bedrooms.
Speaker 4: I back that I've got a friend, the happiest marriage I can say this. Benji Marshall for Buller, his wife Zoe Marshall have slept in separate beds their whole relationship, and they're sewing love.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: It sounds controversial, doesn't it. I think a lot of people hear about, you know, a couple sleeping in separate bedrooms, and then they instantly assume that it's trouble and paradise. Yes, yeh, Look it's also not our choice. Let me put that out there first.
Speaker 2: It's involuntary, involuntary move.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is a small child that keeps on wodging herself into our bed at about you know eleven, She just comes in, she crawls in, and then I get up in the middle of the night and I go into her bedroom and then I wake up with a rock hard pepper pig in my back. More so, but she's We've decided, okay, if she comes into the bed, I'll go and sleep. Is Mary Lola's still in a cot. I dread the days when there's two of them in.
Speaker 2: Picturing you a cot with your long legs.
Speaker 3: More so, it's just me in a single bed. But that's not you know, that's not the that's not the most of it. Something else worse, that's far worse, so you know, And if you're not from Sydney, it's been terrible rain on and off here, like this winter has been astronomically bad, and we have had a real mold problem in our house.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's bad for labies as well.
Speaker 3: It's so bad. We've had people come out strip paint off walls. We've had a rising damp specialist. Like it has been an ongoing thing since we moved into this new house.
Speaker 2: You've been there a little bit too, and.
Speaker 3: The mold is coming and it's following us and it's just climbing up the walls, and the last couple of nights, I've been sleeping in Marley's bedroom and it was like, okay, actually this has been more than a week now. Every night the smell of the mold is getting worse and it's getting worse. And I called the mold specialist again and I was like, you need to come back out now. Yeah, I've got him on speed done. I'm like, this is not okay. My daughter can't keep sleeping in his bedroom, Like there's something really wrong here.
Speaker 2: Can you see it is in the corners or you can't see it.
Speaker 3: It's like in the wall hidden mold is even worse. So yeah, so I thought it was anyway. Anyway, last night I was laying in bed and I was like, this room is not okay. And then I was like, I'm going to go hunting for it. So I pulled the bed away from the wall. Do you know what actually was behind the bed?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: Not mold? About five different types of dinner. So Marley has been collecting her food and putting it behind the BedHead and then shoving it back again, so like it is packed in there. There's spaghetti, there's some sort of like rustick, some sort of like petrified meatball that's just hiding behind the wall, like rotting in her bedroom.
Speaker 4: And she's in prison redemption, like she's just also hitching a hole in the wall behind a post any.
Speaker 3: Case because we give her rashes Anyway, she's three. I was like, Molly, what are you doing? Why are you putting? Because this is weeks this is week's worth of food. I recognized something that I cooked two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I was like, what are you doing with this?
Speaker 3: And she goes, Mommy, I'm just feeding the animals. And I was like, what do you mean you're feeding the animals? When we were in Bali, we bought her these little wooden animals and she's been putting food behind the bed to feed them.
Speaker 2: Of a nighttime. Oh bless her.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think this means we probably need to start paying more attention to our child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is bigger problems in the relationship. Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 4: Hey, Laurie, you've seen the story online. I think it's irked you or it's upset you.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm not recovered yet. I'm still not okay from the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way you were telling me is pretty graphic.
Speaker 3: So there is a man like this isn't You can go and google it's a true story. There's a man in Ghana. He was having a little nap in his chair of an afternoon, Yes, having a little sleepy and then he woke up and he'd almost severed his own penis.
Speaker 2: Oh the thought of that.
Speaker 3: But basically, I mean, how did it get from there to here? Willis a true, truly rapid story, didn't it.
Speaker 2: No, he was having a dream.
Speaker 3: He was having a dream that he was cutting meat, and he, in his sleep, got up, walked into the kitchen, picked up a knife, walked over to a chopping board like a very methodical.
Speaker 2: Got out the seasoned his penis.
Speaker 4: Got some bread, a little time mailed on salt sea salt flakes, left.
Speaker 2: It sitting in the barsomic for at least twenty five minutes in the fridge, just shut the fridge door on it, pulled.
Speaker 3: It out, and then hacked it off and he woke up hud the pain. Well, yeah, obviously, I mean there'd be some things to really unpack there if he managed to sleep through it. No, he woke up to actually slicing through his own penis. Rushed to hospital. Horrible amount of blood loss and he has to go through like massive surgery now to have his penis.
Speaker 2: Read structive surgery. Can you imagine?
Speaker 4: That is Horrif that is absolutely here? I can kind of see it though, because I have very vivid dreams. I don't know about you. I went to adoptor once about it, and they said it was because I eat dinner very late and then I go to bed. Yeah, my food is still digesting, which makes you.
Speaker 2: Go a bit nuts.
Speaker 3: That's what they say about cheese, don't they. They say that if you eat too much cheese too close to bedtime, that you have really wacky cheese dreams.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Apparently all the old royals used to have it because they ate was cheese. Why do we know these facts, Laura?
Speaker 3: Do we though, like, is there any proof to them? Or are we just saying stuff hoping that no one's ever going to google it?
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 3: That is nuts, okay, But have you ever as much as you might have had crazy dreams, have you ever gotten up out of your sleep and gone and done something crazy in your dream?
Speaker 2: I have yees.
Speaker 4: So I used to be a bad sleepwalker, and I used to one My sister tells this story that when I was ten or so. I walked into her bedroom in the middle of the night with the douna wrapped around my shoulders, like you know, I was in wicked or something. And I was just standing at the door with the doner. And then I dropped the doner, walked out, went back to bed. I did it multiple times. Put it in the kitchen sink, put it in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Just you take the doner for a walk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'd drop it and let it rest and go back to bed and shiver myself back to sleep.
Speaker 3: Do you know. I once And this is actually so. There's seven different types of sleep disorders. Don't ask me why I still work for a sleep a sleep disorder company many moons ago. One of them is called sex omnia. That's a real sleep disorder when people they don't wake up, they're asleep, but they'll just roll over in the middle of the night and start having sex. And I dated a guy who had sex omnia. He would I would wake up in the middle of the night and just be like, all right, I guess that's what we're doing now.
Speaker 2: That is a fake, made up I think you've been swindled, to be honest.
Speaker 4: And he also had drink omnia, and I had to make him a cocktail at night and buy car asomnia.
Speaker 2: I had to buy my cart. It's a condition.
Speaker 3: He was asleep, No, he was asleep. God, yeah, I mean it was all very consensual. I was definitely up for it. But I mean, could you imagine?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I want to know, then, what's the craziest thing you've done in your sleep?
Speaker 2: All? Can it top that? Can it? Well? I mean like it's definitely top.
Speaker 4: We want to know what's the craziest thing you've done while you've been sleeping? Natalie has called high Natalia, what's your crazy dream story?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 7: So I was for drinks from friends.
Speaker 8: Then my parents picked us up.
Speaker 7: Last thing I remember, I was going to bed. Next morning. I woke up to them telling me a story that I woke up looking up at three am and went to their bedroom, pull my pants down, sat in the food bed of the bed and started saying it's the Devil's hours repeatedly.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you were in your parents' bed with your pants down? Is this?
Speaker 2: Did I get that wrong?
Speaker 8: Everything down saying one thing?
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 8: The Devil's hours?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 5: They just let me do whatever I was doing.
Speaker 7: I went back, actually went to the toilet, my toilet.
Speaker 6: I went to bed.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think I was just I thought I was going to the toilet.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you usually screaming when you did you have a curry the night before?
Speaker 2: Perhaps?
Speaker 3: Or there's a lot here. I'm just imagining you screams, Tom.
Speaker 4: Really, I think I've screamed that when we're at a toilet paper and I'm just like a little bit.
Speaker 2: No one else's home after of hinduloo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well good, Yeah, even a butter chicken sometimes go straight through me. Liz, I'm thirteen, one oh sixty five. Hello, What's what have you done while you dreamt?
Speaker 6: Oh? Okay, So the other night my husband told me this.
Speaker 3: The other day.
Speaker 7: He saw me and he saw my.
Speaker 8: Eyes because we had the we had the baby monitor, so you can see he can see me straight ahead.
Speaker 7: And I was stroking his bald head and said to him, I can't wait for you to die.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you were completely asleep, and you said I can't wait for you to die exactly.
Speaker 6: I had my eyes open.
Speaker 7: I was looking at him, stroking his head.
Speaker 8: But I can't wait for you to die.
Speaker 3: You make recently money.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, have you.
Speaker 3: Recently signed life insurance?
Speaker 7: No, but I did also say to him, I'll make so much money off your soup.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I feel like you would have thought about this, Liz, while you were awake.
Speaker 2: This feels pretty preconceived.
Speaker 3: You know. Some people say that like the things that you dream are actually just manifestations of your waiting life.
Speaker 7: Well, look, they are worth about three months of daycare.
Speaker 2: So you've done the mathlete and one grocery show.
Speaker 7: Off his shoes and game collections.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, please the baldhead too. There's something menacing about the bold.
Speaker 3: Head he needs to sleep with. When I opened up, think.
Speaker 2: I love that Oscar. I'm thirteen one, I six ' five high. What did you dream?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: The only thing I can think of was that I woke up and had no pants on.
Speaker 4: I don't remember how I got there, because like, like that'tually pretty funny.
Speaker 2: For where were you?
Speaker 3: Where did you wake up? Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't know, some guys apartments.
Speaker 6: I couldn't remember how I got there.
Speaker 3: I had a dream that I woke up in my own bed and then woke up in some other random.
Speaker 2: That's a night terror or anything. I think you just had a hookup.
Speaker 3: Wait did you did you went there? You remember going to the apartment. Oh yeah, of course I remember going to the apartment.
Speaker 5: But then I had a dream that I was waking up in my own bed and then it.
Speaker 3: Was all a Sunday morning like hello, like no alcohol in.
Speaker 5: General, and then I woke up in some random Tom Dick or Harry was on top of me.
Speaker 2: I think, if you're lucky, it would have been a Dick six on there.
Speaker 6: You fairly just.
Speaker 4: Diagnosed you there you Oscar ran for your goals.
Speaker 2: Yesty, Britain lawn. It's amazing. Anyway, we're doing this ask.
Speaker 3: So askar cut is a I mean, it's one of the episodes we do on the podcast. It's where we have listeners right in their deepest, darkest, most troubling dilemmas and we do our best to answer them. Now we have a quick shortened chart one and for once, it's not about relationships.
Speaker 2: Great and it's good for me because you are very good at the relationship and you.
Speaker 3: Are terrible at that.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible.
Speaker 3: Okay, this one is Is it wrong to use up all your sickly when you know that you're about to quit a job. I'm soon going to leave my work. My boss doesn't know yet, but I have quite a bit of sick leave a crude, and I'm thinking I should throw a few sickies in there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it. I'm all for this. No, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: I'm a business owner and this works me. And also, do you know why, because I'm of that generation.
Speaker 2: That I am an old.
Speaker 3: No, I am where whenever I would call in sick to work. Back in the day when I worked to office job, if I called in sick and I wasn't sick, I would be so petrified that someone from work was going to see me that I would spend all day inside with the curtain strawn and I would almost make myself think that I was sick.
Speaker 2: So by the end of the day I felt sick.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know you mean, And being sick is not all that it's cracked up to me. It's just Doctor Phil and three runs of Illen and then it's ready, steady cook, and then you're done for the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a few episodes of Home and Away that's on repeat. But no, I look, I think if you're going to leave, you're better off just bringing the leave date forward early rather than kind of you know, mismanaging people's expectations and calling in sick all the time. It's so annoying for the people that you work with.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I guess it depends if you're a Tony May considered a small business.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, people.
Speaker 3: Don't show up then it just puts pressure on all of your colleagues. It doesn't really bother me as the person who employs people. Doesn't affect me, but it affects everyone who has to like come in and cover and it's annoying for everyone.
Speaker 4: But I get if you working for woolwork, call in sick, your milky leave, you know, call up your own your boss is eighteen.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you work for a radio stations jewry, Do.
Speaker 4: You see me shivering? I'm shaking, I steal. I think I've taken one sick leave in my almost ten years in radio.
Speaker 2: So you say do it, but you would literally never do.
Speaker 4: It, oh got yeah, yeah, I would never do it. I could have COVID, I could have monkey pox and I'd be going welcome to the shower everyone.
Speaker 2: I'd be powering through.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: I think it comes down to your personality time, Like, if you're going to do it, if you're going to spend the entire time when you're sick leave feeling anxious and scared and worried, and you know maybe maybe you're gonna get caught out, then I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: But also if you're.
Speaker 3: Relying on a good resume and you think maybe they know that you're absolutely pulling the leg, then don't do it either.
Speaker 4: Wait quickly before we end this, what would you do if an employee called you and said they're sick?
Speaker 2: Is your first thought?
Speaker 3: They're live always really always everyone calls and says, oh, I think I've got COVID. Yeah, don't do a piece of art test and come into work.
Speaker 2: You're fine.
Speaker 4: It's the extra cop Even if you've got a foot infection, you go ideal.
Speaker 2: The cough is always a hell's oh okay.
Speaker 4: If you want to get on the air with us, if you've got an ask gun cut.
Speaker 3: Of your own, if you do, you can slide into Instagram at Life Uncut podcasts, I think maybe we should do a relationship one again next week. We're not really we're not qualified to give work advice.
Speaker 4: Hi, everyone on Saturday morning, across the country. Laura Burn, Brittany Hockley.
Speaker 2: It's Jury, it's Jeury. Are we doing roll call? That's it?
Speaker 3: Here present, Maddie j Oh, he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not present, but his love is felt in the room. Oh dear, oh my, there's something.
Speaker 2: I want to bring up.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Love is in the air and love is quite frankly on the ground.
Speaker 4: You should just stop now in between your little toies, Laura Burn, because there's something that you and your beautiful fiance Maddie j have done that has absolutely tickled me.
Speaker 2: Pink. Yes.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean you guys might know on Amazon you can buy one of those hand casting kits.
Speaker 2: So what you do, don't say as you know well people people do know them.
Speaker 3: You can get these like it's like a bucket and you you hold hands with your partner and you put your hands into the bucket and then you do like a plaster of Parros. It creates mold. Yes, and you do a plaster of Paris hand hold for I guess you keep it and put it on your shelf.
Speaker 2: Maybe of course it's a bookend or it's a paper waight.
Speaker 3: We were thinking about doing them and having them as ornaments on the table at the wedding, just each table gets a handhold, but we took it one step further.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you haven't seen this, Laura and Maddie intertwined their feet at the toe and.
Speaker 3: We held toe.
Speaker 2: You held to you put we held feet.
Speaker 4: You put your feet together and then pressed intertwined your toes together, dipped it in the epoxy, and then sat on your tummies for how long?
Speaker 3: For seven minutes? And I do you know what? It was a truly it was a truly trepidus seven minutes because we had to do it when the kids had gone to bed because one foot was stuck in a bucket. Oh yeah, So the whole time I was just worried, like, what if our toddler gets out of bed and there's mum and dad in a compromising position with our foot in a bucket.
Speaker 2: They'll know that story forever.
Speaker 4: They'll go do that really happen when Ummy and Daddy had their foot in the white cream?
Speaker 3: But now, so now we have at home this sculpture. It's the weirdest thing you've ever seen. It's right as soon as you walk into the house.
Speaker 2: It's on the side Welcome home. Is our feet.
Speaker 3: It's just the top of our feet holding toes.
Speaker 4: That is though, Alaura, And I'll be honest, that's why I'm playing this amazing music because that is the epitome of love.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? To be honest, it wasn't my ideas it screams Mattie Jack. He'd been pressing me to do it for several nights, and I kept on saying, Oh, I've got a headache, Oh my back hurts, Oh, I'm a bit tired.
Speaker 2: And then he got and.
Speaker 3: Then he realized, yeah, try to use that excuse a bit too much for other things as well, anyway, And then eventually he said, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Tonight's the night Saturday night it was.
Speaker 4: But do you sit there while you're doing that and go, this really is the top of my life.
Speaker 2: You must you must go. This is the one.
Speaker 3: We are getting married in November. He is certainly the one. Yes, I do have those moments where I'm like, I probably would never do anything this weird with anyone else.
Speaker 4: Yes, ever, yeah, well that's what got me thinking, when did you know that the one was the one? What experience bonded you so closely that made you go this is the person for me.
Speaker 3: I mean, we had a bit of an unusual start in the world, didn't we. We did a reality TV show, Fell in Love. I thought he was the one. Actually I hoped he was the one at the end of The Bachelor, but then I realized were there doubts? No, I guess I kind of thought, maybe this is TV Matt, Maybe there'll be maybe when he's you know, who's Matt when he's not being filmed by ten cameras and there's a whole camera crew and production team.
Speaker 2: Around, hair and makeup and yeah.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't until we got out of that experiment of The Bachelor and we had some time together in like a tiny little house in the middle of nowhere. We were like, we were stuck in there. There was security guards outside to make sure that we didn't leave, and then we had to black out all the windows so the paparazzi couldn't take photos in and we were stuck in this little room for about four days. There was no internet, there was no PayTV, and there was no going outside. So four days of just us being together, and by the end of it, I still liked him, So I was like, oh, that's a this is it.
Speaker 4: One day my foot will be twined with this man's foot while our children sleep, making a claymation artwork.
Speaker 3: Well, I think four days of that with anybody else, and by the end of it, I would have I would have been irritated by them breathing.
Speaker 2: Oh God, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, here's the one. He's the one, Maddy Jay is the one.
Speaker 3: How did you know that your partner was the one?
Speaker 2: Not sure.
Speaker 4: Yet, not there yet, haven't played our feet together yet, but if you've got any left over, maybe.
Speaker 3: We need to find out from our callers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, how did you know the one was the one? If you're with the one? Thirteen one, six five, when did you know?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Father's Day is a hard one. I always can never think of what to get Matt for Father's Day.
Speaker 2: He looked good in a pair of r ms too, he pulled them off.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Matt and feet, That's kind of how we got onto this whole topic.
Speaker 2: Isn't really in segue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I looked at your Instagram a couple of weeks ago and I thought, God, that couple, Mattie Jan and Laura Burn really are perfect for each other because you put your foot in this mold, and you've made a mold of your feet?
Speaker 3: Would you say that we are soul mates?
Speaker 2: That's good? There we go. Yeah, will you tell you that night? Thank you? All right?
Speaker 4: Thirteen one I six five? When did you know the one was the one? The person that you're with was the one? Figure Tash is called Hello Tash, Hello, Hi, So.
Speaker 6: Me and my partner. We've only been dating for about a couple of weeks, maybe a month. And yeah, we went for a little dive and he swam through a cloud of jellyfish. Oh yeah, And if anyone knows how to relieve a jellyfish sting, it's not very pleasant. So you have to weigh on it.
Speaker 2: Do you have to?
Speaker 3: Is there any scientific that's real?
Speaker 2: No, I've heard that.
Speaker 6: I don't know about scientific.
Speaker 2: But he gave golden show.
Speaker 6: I gave him a gold shower. Yeah, so I was. I was. He's a big guy, so he was doubled over and I was wearing on his back and it was sort of dropping down and he was flushing it on his face as it was coming.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, Tash, did you this is a Saturday morning show?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I want to get a mental image.
Speaker 4: Did you put it in to a cup or did you like?
Speaker 8: So? This was quite skillful.
Speaker 6: Actually I had to sort of squat. It was a bit of skill involved. Yeah, I had to back in the shower.
Speaker 5: So yeah, the table together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're married.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. That's a cute story.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness, he's recovered goodness. And now let's let's not go in.
Speaker 2: We don't want the details. Emily on thirteen six five high. How did you know the one was the one?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 7: So I knew.
Speaker 8: I were driving in the country with driving in the mountains, and I went, what song are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What do we want?
Speaker 7: And he goes, I'm so feeling Mama Mia right now.
Speaker 6: And I was like, oh my god, where's the ring?
Speaker 7: Give it to me?
Speaker 3: So you just had a little Mumma Mia road being along?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sweet Deed, Oh of course we did.
Speaker 8: I felt like Donna Sheridan.
Speaker 2: What was what was the favorite?
Speaker 3: What was the number?
Speaker 5: Onepore was.
Speaker 8: Waste?
Speaker 5: Let me?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you found you one because that was Missy. All right, Jamie, wrap this up for us? When did you know the one was the one? I want a beautiful story?
Speaker 8: We went out to a party together. It was our first boyfriend and girlfriend had a bit too much a drink, came home and I was like, oh, they think I feel so well? Ran out the closest think I could find, which was the bathroom, and I think it was as he was scooping it out of the sink because it got blocked. I was like, you know what, I think, this guy's a keeper.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful. Nothing nothing finds you like a bit of regurgitation.
Speaker 8: Yes, nothing like it. And yet now we've got a kid and we're getting married, and.
Speaker 2: This is what happens.
Speaker 3: You have a kid, and then you realize that your life is just covered into it and other people's excrements.
Speaker 2: This is your life.
Speaker 3: Quiet, Okay, congratulations, we love Love's love we do. When are you getting married later on this year?
Speaker 2: Oh beautiful?
Speaker 8: Yes, so it comes out very quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you're probably more organized than we are.
Speaker 8: Oh god, probably not.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Jamie. You guys can talk off the year that got very wedding?
Speaker 2: Didn't that very? Who's are you doing? Slideress for the entree?
Speaker 3: Stop at mins churi, stop hating on love.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this man. We have a man on the line. That sounds so ominous, doesn't it. As a man, just a man who on the line. This man does so much.
Speaker 4: You might know him from filling in on Studio ten maybe back in the footy show days. Former professional NRL player and now host of The Amazing Race.
Speaker 3: You might also remember him from the interview we did back in January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the second time around this Lifelon cut Son for bo Rye and welcome Buddy.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi, good to be that it was one of the first interviews that was your first week, was it?
Speaker 3: Here were our number one interview that we ever did.
Speaker 4: But we're here to talk about The Amazing Race, which is coming back bo very exciting Monday night, seven thirty on Channel ten. What's different about this season it's the first season that you can go back overseas after COVID.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first season back over seas. You're right. I mean, we shot one in Australia that did really well and it was great. Australia is beautiful, it's big, and we explored everywhere and it was wonderful. But the show, you know, it is an overseas show. It's an Australian people racing around the world. You know, the best time we have overseas is when teams are frustrated. Communication is a problem, local transport, and we have all of that and more this season. So it's good. It's good to get back overseas.
Speaker 3: And do you know what makes things extra complicated, it's when you lose all your luggage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, tell me about it.
Speaker 3: What happened there?
Speaker 5: Well, I was leaving Europe. There's a lot of flights. I mean, we had I don't know exactly how many, over thirty over thirty flights, and there's a lot of connecting flights, a lot of airports and there I don't like to check bags ahead I did. I never did, and we checked bags there and I had three connecting flights, one out of Europe, I think through Netherlands, and I had to come back through Columbia. By the time I got to Columbia, I was about to board a flight to Medagine.
Speaker 3: And I missed it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I didn't get there till the following day, and luggage is gone.
Speaker 3: So did you end up having to do like an Obama where you just all the same thing every day for the rest of the building.
Speaker 5: Well, what I did, I actually had not like I literally had no clothes. I had a little travel suitcase. Is you have backpack in the suitcase, and I could get away with you the first day or two. But then since then, like some men on, I was literally borrowing shirts off producers, boots, buying shirts at airports. But everyone was very good. But the problem you have, I'm like, I'm a day ahead of the race filming content. Obviously in the country they're they're about to hit the next days, so that I can film all the challenges. Made it at the pit stop. And the key was to matt shirt. So I'd be wearing a shirt, say one day in Columbia and then we're in Mexico the next day. We had to sink it up and make sure I was wearing the same shirt to the pit stock shirt. Continuity, yeah, continuity, trying to find that shirt. All those boots, geez, you know they didn't tell the story. You've never known?
Speaker 3: Can you can you tell me? I did read somewhere that this year on this is amazing race that they have one team starting in Sydney and one team starting in Melbourne. Now is that the big surprise or is there more? Is there more twist coming.
Speaker 5: There are more. Maybe I've got surprises that.
Speaker 2: Cha, You've been topless in half of the episode.
Speaker 5: I think there's The Amazing Race is a global shaygun SEMs, a franchise show shot in pretty much every country. But it's a world first to have two actual races happening. And look, it made my job tough. I'm not gonna lie you flying between two countries and cities, you know, trying to obviously conduct two races, but when they met, that's when the race officially began.
Speaker 3: In my eyes, what do you think is harder than if you say this made your job hard? Do you think you know going in the jungle and doing celebrity or is it running around and trying to host?
Speaker 5: Well, I loved I loved The Amazing Race, and I've always been a fan of the show, and I like hosting. I I don't like sitting in a chunk of.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's my answer, Bo.
Speaker 4: You're going to be hitting up six continents, twenty couples, traveling across get the Australia, Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, all to win two hundred and fifty plus two brand new cars.
Speaker 2: God, just checking in everything where are.
Speaker 3: They getting these budgets from?
Speaker 2: I'm not TV had no money anymore?
Speaker 5: Bachelor?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, they took it off for a bachelor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can join The Amazing Race watch yourself in the living room at Premiere Is Monday night, seven thirty on ten and ten. Play of course, Bo stick around for a set, because we're going to play a brand new game with you.
Speaker 2: It's called a Liar Liar right now we're doing this liar.
Speaker 3: Okay, brand new game, Laura Burn, we're road testing this one on you.
Speaker 2: We are Yeah, we give our best guest new segments.
Speaker 4: What a compliment to Bo Rayan is here of course The Amazing Race Australia, Monday night, seven thirty, Channel ten.
Speaker 2: Laura has a story. I've got a story. One is a lie. You need to pick. Why don't you kick it off?
Speaker 3: So you can also ask a couple of questions. So I'm going to tell you part of my part of my story, and you can ask me three questions. Mitch has his story, you can ask him three questions. And then you need to figure out which one of us is telling a big old buses lie. Okay, Well, once upon a time, our original it was the middle of the night, and I got up and I went to open the window, except somehow I managed to get stuck in the window, and I was completely naked and had to get rescued by the sas or whoever they are. So they called the police people.
Speaker 2: I'm not helping you the rescue people.
Speaker 5: Can I ask questions? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What sort of window? Why were you going through a window?
Speaker 3: I had to open it and then the window was a bit broken and it came down and got my hand stuck in it.
Speaker 5: And you had no clothes on.
Speaker 3: I was naked.
Speaker 5: How did the like emergency service come? Did you call them more?
Speaker 3: I was screaming and someone called the ambulance?
Speaker 2: What a side?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you were screaming, someone called anyone? I can I can? I can see that. Yeah, you got little kids, and you know you do to no reason why it works?
Speaker 3: Okay, sure, so you're you're easy to convince, all right, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So but I've known you for a while. Now, you know that I've I lived in New York before I worked in radio. I studied data and I was a performer and I was mingling in those scenes and the performing scenes.
Speaker 2: Right, So at this acting school, There was this.
Speaker 4: One girl that I became friends with, and she said, come back to my house for a dinner party. And I went, oh cool, this is great New York City dinner party. So I go back with this girl. Her name's Choe up east Side and I go there and the table set for like eight.
Speaker 2: I go, oh my god.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize there were other people coming, and I go, who's invited?
Speaker 2: She went, friends. You know, my dad owns restaurants in New York. Just friends. So sit there.
Speaker 4: People walk in, I say, hi, Hi, high. One seats left right before eight o'clock. Who but walks into this dinner party? But Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 2: Is by Breaky Heart bo He sits down. He's not dressed in cowboy boots. I wish he was. We did eat steaks, so I guess that's kind of Southern. And I didn't talk to him the whole night because he was at the opposite end. But I did.
Speaker 4: I did talk and get a photo with Miller Roe and we had a great night.
Speaker 2: And that was my dinner with Billy Ray Cyrus. Okay, and when was this twenty nineteen, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: It's easy whichause you. I mean, your story is a lot more no disrespect or this that's a that's a long story, Mitch. You know just put.
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 3: He did put it kids.
Speaker 2: You know it's in my blood. Well, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I do I embellish the story? Do I do less of a story? You want to find the sweet of the storytelling?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And I think that was smart. I think that's what's that's what You've grew me doing that because I said yours is a lie. But I think I think the length that Mitch went to and I think Billy Ray twenty nine, and I think he was often I think he was him Rea pretty much.
Speaker 2: Do you know that? Give do you think?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: I think Laura was too smart and she just went very vague, very quickly, tried to rush it. And I'm going to say, yours is a line.
Speaker 2: Mitch, you say mine's a lie.
Speaker 8: I didn't.
Speaker 2: You are a very good liar.
Speaker 3: That was such an in depth story.
Speaker 5: You know you can't lie to a liar. Man.
Speaker 3: Ah, Well, I did get trapped in a window, very naked, screaming, and the woman then from the apartment building adjacent called the ambulance. Oh you couldn't get me out and I got cut out of the window. Nothing completely, but as naked. I still remember the policeman walking in and they started laughing at me until they also realized I was stuck in.
Speaker 4: Here long before. I think it's almost better if this was the lie. We don't want to go into these details.
Speaker 3: This was my twenties. It was a wild time, man.
Speaker 2: Thank you for road testing that with her.
Speaker 4: She can catch him as the host of The Amazing Race Australia Monday Night, seven thirty, Channel ten.
Speaker 2: You bow see your bow?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: This is the end of the show. Here we are. We made it another week without Brittany Hockley and we still have issues. Oh I do miss her though, although I love I love spending these Saturday mornings with you.
Speaker 2: I'm having fun. You know she's going to get back and we're going to be too far gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she'll be on the utter, but you know, sucks to be pretty.
Speaker 2: Anyway, go way back in. Do you know what?
Speaker 3: If you guys want to listen to a little bit more life on cut, you can catch up on this radio show if you missed anything in the podcast app on iHeartRadio. But you can also the next Tuesday, because we have a amazing episode coming on Tuesday. We're interviewing Johann Hari. Oh he's a he's a best selling author. He's He also had a very interesting and very funny story with the Dalai Lama. He got called fat by the lama.
Speaker 4: No way, is that an insult or almost a compliment from the Dalai Lama.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was.
Speaker 3: It was definitely an insult. Oh yeah, it was terrible. The Dalai Lama told him he had three stomachs and told him it was a bit overweight. No, yeah, but anyway, it's a great story. But that's out on Tuesday, and you know the.
Speaker 2: Drill, I know you, Yeah, Johnny to start it? What is it here at Life on Cut? We know that everyone loves it.
Speaker 3: Tell your mom, tell your dad, tell you dog, tell your friends, and share the love.
Speaker 4: Because we la maybe brittable about you're.
Speaker 3: Sending the Live on Cut radio show and Laura Ben
Speaker 2: Here it didn't catch up podcast on iHeartRadio