Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, I'm Mi, and this is Mitch. I love you.
Speaker 2: I'm mid admit for anybody who doesn't know Mitch, because maybe you haven't listened to one of our Life Uncut radio shows. Every Saturday morning, we do a radio show on the Kiss Network.
Speaker 3: It's on from ten am until midday.
Speaker 2: And Mitch Churi, this beautiful man right here, is our co host.
Speaker 3: And that's what we do.
Speaker 1: We packed it up for you, We put all the best parts in and we give it to you in this nice little episode.
Speaker 2: But and do you know why Mitch is here Because they would not trust Brittany Hockley and I to a radio show without you.
Speaker 4: I'd love you, guys to because I press all the buttons like I do all the sound effects coming in out of the song?
Speaker 3: Did you imagine for to do it one day?
Speaker 2: More So, also, every time Brittany says a fuck live on air, we know to get that gets taken out. Anytime I say something that's wildly inappropriate about sliding off my seat, that gets taken out.
Speaker 5: You were vulgar today.
Speaker 3: I was not vulgd Do you know why I was vulgar? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Mitch and britt had a surprise for me on the radio show, and my twelve year old girl like who I was at twelve is just tingling. I can't even get the words out.
Speaker 3: Mich and I have been working on this surprise.
Speaker 1: If you guys listened to an episode that we did a few weeks back with Jessica Mawboy, you'll know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: We're going to play it.
Speaker 1: But there was a moment there in I haven't told you this yet, Laura, but it happened live as you were saying what you said in that episode, I thought, I need to make this happen. I need to try and do my best to a fulfill your dreams and be throw you under a bus simultaneously. So I feel like I managed to do that. Mitch and I have pulled off the impossible, and we have.
Speaker 4: Handsome baby Handsome.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is handsome.
Speaker 2: So many people are going to be shook by this, especially if you're like, what did you say?
Speaker 3: They should be called born?
Speaker 1: I should have been called hands That was a terrible joke.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: I was so obsessed with Handsome growing up, like to the point where I cannot understate how obsessed I was with them guys. I had posters, I had T shirts with their faces on. I owned every single CD. I'm talking like the Christmas album. But they were hmong our generation. They were the Justin Bieber. They were the Justin Bieber of my thirty five years six. I'm thirty six now, of my thirty six year generation. I thought I was convinced as twelve year old girl that I was going to marry Zach and then it kind of, as I've got a bit old, it turned into Taylor because then he had a moment in the summer anyway, and Midge got Hanson on the podcast and I I am still.
Speaker 5: The reaction was priceless, splitting off my.
Speaker 1: Seat, Mitch, who was she actually did did a little slippery about her here when I said that they're on the line.
Speaker 3: Who you have guys like I actually feel sick from this.
Speaker 5: I can't believe how shocked you were.
Speaker 3: I still am, truly, I still almost don't believe.
Speaker 5: You have spoken to Handsome.
Speaker 3: I know you have.
Speaker 1: When you think about it, it's pretty crazy, like we grew up obsessed with these people, and now you are living your childhood dream.
Speaker 3: It's insane that we get to speak to these people.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something that I did not tell him on the show? When I found out that Taylor got so he got married very young, got a girl pregnant very young, right, I cried.
Speaker 1: I cried because you realized that he was not going to propose to you.
Speaker 3: I just felt so overwhelmed.
Speaker 5: You missed the boat, missed the handsome boat.
Speaker 3: Mitch.
Speaker 1: Who did you have as a teenager? Did you have a poster on your wall? Like who was your Because Laura was doing some bad things when she was a teenager when she had to laminate when she came into.
Speaker 3: Contacted them all.
Speaker 5: You didn't put it on the wall. You put it on the floor. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: But did you have a b this is did you have a post?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I was very sexually confused.
Speaker 4: I like the H two O just my girls, and then I want to to maguire, Spider.
Speaker 3: Man, do you know?
Speaker 2: To maguire, can I just tell you today's radio show was a lot of fun, but it was also a bit of a ship show. It was loterally hope you enjoy it and let's get into it now.
Speaker 3: The Life on Cut radio show and Laura Burn.
Speaker 5: Girls are feeling sweaty?
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's so cold in Sydney at the moment that No, we're not feeling sweaty at all.
Speaker 3: If anything, we're nice and cozy in here. I'm quite dry skinned anyway.
Speaker 2: I don't even gets No one is sweating unless you're this girl, and that is Steph Matto. Now there is a thirty one year old woman named Steph Mattow. She's from Connecticut in the United States. We have spoken about Steph before on the podcast because she is a little bit of a genius. Now she has made some money from a very unusual offering, a very unusual product that she sells online.
Speaker 3: She sells farts in a jar.
Speaker 1: So she no she did because she had a medical emergency.
Speaker 3: She's no.
Speaker 2: She would purposely eat as many gassy foods as that she could. She would far into jars. She had her own way of concealing, like sealing the jars up, and then she would send them in the male, in the male out to perverse.
Speaker 5: But what's the shelf life on a fart?
Speaker 2: Or do people cupcake themselves when they get it? You just put in a covert and keep it forever.
Speaker 1: No, it can last, It can last a long time, especially like an anti container Fritz.
Speaker 3: It's like she knows because people were getting them.
Speaker 1: In, unleashing them, unleashing because that's what it was, unleasing the fury, and nearly.
Speaker 5: Know what she's selling. Now she's moved from farts.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the problem was is that she because this had become such a business for her and she had to make actually produce quite the quantity of farts.
Speaker 3: She had to eat all these gassy foods.
Speaker 2: She made herself so sick that she gave herself some sort of trapped gas. She ended up in hospital, and she was told that she had to stop trying to make herself purposefully.
Speaker 3: She told me she was gas. She would never fight again. She's got to stop the farting.
Speaker 5: They stitched her up.
Speaker 2: So now she's decided to create a second side hustle, and that is that she is selling boob sweat and she's.
Speaker 3: Making seven thousand dollars a day. Oh my god, speaking to Microene, please for seven I didn't want to yell at everybody.
Speaker 2: A day, I know, and I'm thinking I'm rethinking my life decisions because I'm sure as hell don't make that from radio.
Speaker 3: She is quite the entrepreneur, she said.
Speaker 1: She said, Look, people give her a hard time, but they don't understand that is really hard work.
Speaker 3: She lay out in the sun and sweat.
Speaker 1: She's like, I have to sometimes I have to lay for hours to sweat, she wrote, if the sun is shining.
Speaker 2: She claims to be able to fill ten bottles of sweat jars in just one day, which are then sold for seven hundred dollars a pop. Okay, what are people doing with the sweat though? Like it like a cologne? Do you put it on yourself?
Speaker 4: Maybe pheromones because men, the smell of women and men sweat can get people going.
Speaker 1: I think they would be rubbing it all over their body and then doing the hanky panking.
Speaker 5: With themselves, with themselves at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think people in stable relationships are in the boob sweat guys.
Speaker 4: Spoiler Alo, Well, there's a good merch idea for life. You guys could do boob sweat.
Speaker 5: I'd buy it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start selling tone our clippings. I do have a page on Wiki feet. I've got a few followers there. I did not set that up myself.
Speaker 4: Everybody your Saturday Morning.
Speaker 3: Red Huckley and Laura ben On Kiss.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've heard the news, but Dirty John. I love Dirty John, which is this series with Eric Benner when being on Netflix a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh, Eric Banner was so good in it. It's there, you know. It's the real life story.
Speaker 1: About the con man. He was an next soldier, he was a next doctor. I used to wear the scrubs and he used to just make women fall in love with him.
Speaker 2: But he was like an evil narcissist who took all their money.
Speaker 3: He's a very I mean, the TV series is good, Yeah, he was very evil. TV series is brilliant.
Speaker 1: But they've also released a new doco now, so I think this is why we're seeing Dirty John everywhere, but it gave me a little bit of PTSD. Now, I some of you might know any life on cut listeners. If you are og you will know back episode three of the podcast, I told my story about spending two years with somebody almost married the guy that had a double life. He was marrying someone else. We had, were buying identical houses, kids names were the saying, wearing the same perfumes, writing us the same letters.
Speaker 2: This story to me and I know you Britt, and I've I know so many details of this story, and it's still unbelievable, Like to the point where Britt was thinking that she was going to get married to this guy, like they were getting engaged, and then it came out that he had a full fiance news day, how we became.
Speaker 3: Dogs like we both had redis ridgebacks.
Speaker 5: And he was living with you, and he was living with her as well.
Speaker 1: He was living with nobody because his situation allowed for that.
Speaker 3: I won't going too much detail.
Speaker 1: His situation allowed for all three of us to be in separate locations, and we used to travel between every second weekend.
Speaker 2: So as in him being one of the three, got it got so he lived in another state. I bet he and his two fiances were in different states from work.
Speaker 1: Now, now let's just clarify we weren't engaged. We had just made our life plans. We had gone to a Tiffany's. It was, you know, one of those you know, we're going to be with someone forever, you'd make these life plans.
Speaker 3: It was in.
Speaker 5: Sad you're convinced that you were going to marry him one hundred thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought. I was like, this is my soul mate. This is all we spoke about. But looking back, there were a lot of red flight, a lot of love bombing.
Speaker 2: Early on, Britt, How did can you just explain how it all like the day that you found out actually the guy who you thought had been your boyfriend for two entire years, who you were going to get married to, when that all came to a crashing hole.
Speaker 3: What happened? It only came out accidentally.
Speaker 1: We had a mutual friend, but we didn't know, We didn't know there was the connection. And there were a group of people out at dinner one night, and he had a pretty specific name and job, and that came up in conversation and I just knew, literally, this is what happened. Someone said, we're just going to call him Frank. That's not weird name, but he had a very unique name. Okay, somebody said, hey, have you been to Frank's when his partner cooks. She's so amazing, And I just knew that it was this common connection. I knew straight away immediately that this was my partner that were talking about. And I had never met any of these people. This was my first night, and two years just flashed before my eyes, and I realized something was very, very wrong. I left that dinner. I said, you guys are gonna I told them all, I said, I have been with him for two years. I went crazy through a glass on the ground, showed them photos of us, and they they were like, whoa, Brittany, we are so sorry.
Speaker 3: We did not know. I promise you.
Speaker 1: I left, And isn't it crazy? I literally imagine thinking you're going to marry someone. I never saw him.
Speaker 3: I saw him once.
Speaker 1: Actually I'm ready to him and yelled at him in the street. I never accidentally, but imagine es your whole life changing.
Speaker 3: But it just got me thinking, well.
Speaker 2: I guess like you watching something like that, you had your own real dirty John moment in life, and we wanted to put the call out because we were like, surely maybe nothing as bad as this.
Speaker 7: We crappy and significant things your partner has done you, I mean not, I reckon, There'll be people that are worse. But yeah, we want to know what's your partner hiding. Mine was hiding another fiance, a whole nother life in about twenty seven other women.
Speaker 5: But what was yours?
Speaker 4: Ridgeback thirteen one six five. Maddie's called, Hey, Maddie, what was your partner hiding?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 8: My partner hid his tattoo on his hip for about a year and a half before I figured it out myself.
Speaker 9: Wait, his hip, so I only so.
Speaker 8: He I don't know. It still baffles me until this day. Robs to not together anymore. But I was just snooping his messages as you do, because he was lying about some other things and he had messaged someone to get his tattoo removed, and so he had attaps pictures of his two so it was of his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Start. Oh, how this is what baffles me? Unless you were celebrate, How do you get a year and a half deep into a relationship and you've never seen his.
Speaker 5: Just wear belts everywhere.
Speaker 8: Really good idea obviously, like you know, having sex all the time.
Speaker 3: He just had one good side. Maybe he's like, I got to show you one. He b only I reckon he was just using some.
Speaker 8: Past that point or the lights off. I have no idea, but it baffles me honestly.
Speaker 4: All Right, thank you, Maddie. Let's go to Sofia on thirteen one or six five? Hey, so fear what was your partner hiding?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 9: Am? So he was hiding a whole double life with another girlfriend and he had for three years that he lived with.
Speaker 3: Wow, I feel you. I just I did the same thing. How did that come about? I didn't do the same thing.
Speaker 5: I went through the how did that?
Speaker 3: How did this all come about? How had you never been invited to his house?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Really it was a really observation. He really played on like I have a split family and I don't always enjoy like going to one side because it's awkward, And he kind of played on that. He's like, yeah, don't. I don't want to bring you into the negativity. So like I never went around. I went around once when she was conveniently in Queensland on holiday. So I had no idea.
Speaker 1: You know what my double life said the same thing he used to say. I don't want to bring you into into a broken home. I don't want to bring into this energy. Let's just go down and then you walk in there and there's a family.
Speaker 5: Is a mental reading. Where are they getting these?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, stating a sociopath how to date one?
Speaker 5: I want all right, Jess, wrap it up for a thirteen one or sixty five? What was your partner hiding?
Speaker 9: Well, my now ex partner, he's told me that he hadn't got his vaccine.
Speaker 11: When he hadn't, oh.
Speaker 3: Dear, I would be out the door. You can't lie about it vaccene.
Speaker 9: Well we're anymore?
Speaker 3: Did he just rock up with a little band aid on his arm?
Speaker 11: Yeah, he really complained about how four his arm was laying in dead and they had to lay on one side.
Speaker 3: So he really rode the lie home.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think I just also think, like, how how long do you have to carry it on? Do you have to go back and get your booster.
Speaker 3: Shop When you get on the flight and they're like you don't.
Speaker 1: Have a vaccination, you're out to.
Speaker 2: Ask umcut is something that we do every week on The podcast is where you guys write in your deepest, darkest, dirtiest questions and we do our absolute best to answer them.
Speaker 3: I have a spicy one for you too today. Love a spicy question, all right.
Speaker 1: On Saturday night, my group of friends went out to celebrate my birthday. We all went out dancing and was late. We were having a few drinks. My friend's new guy, who he had only met that night, gave me his phone to take a picture of him and the boys. When I took his phone to take said picture, his Snapchat was open.
Speaker 3: I looked down.
Speaker 1: To see a new Snapchat coming from a girl. I was I did the wrong thing. I opened it. She had sent a topless photo. I quickly swiped out of it, pretending I didn't see, took the photo of the boys got on with the night. My question is do I tell my best friend that I just saw a girl send a topless photo to her new boyfriend or do I just leave it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: I was confused.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's her friend's boyfriend, like a very new boyfriend who was receiving topless Snapchat photos from some anonymous female. Firstly, who uses snapchat anymore?
Speaker 3: Heaps of people apparently. I think did were the ones.
Speaker 5: Way just kind of back. It's done full three sixties.
Speaker 3: Do you have snapchat?
Speaker 2: Man? Now?
Speaker 5: But I only used to.
Speaker 4: Communicate with my family because I taught them that, and I don't have the mental tac to teach them another messaging like whatsappy?
Speaker 5: So my parents send snap what do you want for dinner? It's a selfie?
Speaker 3: Hi, that's so funny. I think that this is the easiest question to answer.
Speaker 2: If my best friend was newly dating someone and they were receiving topless photos of some other girl via Snapchat, I would be telling them one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: You never want to be the bearer of bad news.
Speaker 2: You never want to be the person who maybe, like you know, shoot the messenger, that whole thing. But at the end of the day, I care way more about my friend and then being in a great relationship than I do about what this guy thinks of me.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the thing about Well, so the youth tell me, this is the thing about snapchat. This is why they send these topless photos and things like that because they disappear so there's no evidence of it. So at the end of the day, they were drunk, they were drinking, they're out. She's saying, Hey, I saw a topless photo. What the friend approaches the new boyfriend that she loves. He says, that didn't happen. There's no proof what happens.
Speaker 3: Then, well, I'm a bit of a pickle.
Speaker 2: He may deny it, he dobibly will he will deny it. Okay, let's give this guy no benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 3: He will deny.
Speaker 2: But okay, even if he does deny it, I think you're going to be more inclined to believe your friend.
Speaker 3: Like, what reason? And I think that's the big thing that we blind though, Laura Burn, But.
Speaker 2: What reason does someone have? What's the motivating factor for someone to make up that story, especially if it's your best friend.
Speaker 3: I'm going with love triangle. Okay, Well, what would you do, brit Would you tell or not tell? I would tell?
Speaker 1: No, I would as much as I'm laughing, I would have one hundred percent tell my friend if I saw that their partner had a topless photops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'd be telling my friend that if he was going to deny, deny, and deny, I'd be saying, I think it might be time to uninstall Snapchat.
Speaker 1: You owe him nothing, delete Snapchat, delete the boyfriend, delete the relationship, move on, live your best life.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you want to get in touch and get on the air with the girls, leave us an ask gun cut and you can hit us up Life one Cut podcast.
Speaker 5: Send us a voice message to me.
Speaker 2: Like voice messages, you can slide on into the DMS with all your questions. We love answering them.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: I do know that you are very anxious at the main Brittany.
Speaker 1: Look. I recently was followed by an Instagram account it's called Overheard in Double Bay. And you do say some questionable things I do, but ninety nine point nine percent of them are on the pod or on the radio show.
Speaker 3: I don't hide them, but overheard by the whole of Australia.
Speaker 1: Ye're overheard by the country. It got me a little bit anxious. I'm like, are they following me? Because they're about to throw mender a bastab I said something. I follow these accounts. I don't know if you have followed them. I know what goes.
Speaker 3: Down on them. They're pretty bloody. So what they do is they're all over the world.
Speaker 1: Overheard in La overheard in New York, overheard in Sydney everywhere has them. They literally just someone writes in what they heard somebody saying. But some of them are so funny.
Speaker 3: I want to read you a few. Can You can't only imagine what that would be. Yes, woman, I'm so glad I slept with that hot guy. Now I can move on with my life.
Speaker 1: True, we've all felt like that man lady in Woolworth's. Why don't they have ranch dip in here? Remember when I bought that seven keily tup of ranch dipp in Walmart and pound palm springs?
Speaker 5: Relatable?
Speaker 2: I also have once upon a time we disappointed about ran dressing overheard in Double Bay.
Speaker 1: That's not eight inches, honey, I know what eight inches looks like, and that ain't it.
Speaker 2: What would you mean to say discussing that with though someone in public, like, is it a?
Speaker 3: I don't know. They're not doing a measurement at home, Laura. Eight inches that seems big.
Speaker 5: It's enough, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's a I mean, Mitch, would not more than a mouthful?
Speaker 5: Have you sent me in the shower?
Speaker 3: I want to finish on this one.
Speaker 1: I'll know I'm in love when we FaceTime and I look into the camera.
Speaker 3: And not at my reflection. Everybody looks at themselves on the.
Speaker 4: Face so good. We want to know what did you overhear? Did you hear something worse than these? Better than this?
Speaker 5: Do you know what eight inches is called?
Speaker 6: Us?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 5: Olivia on the line, Hey Olivia, what did you overhear?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 9: I was walking to the city yesterday and I heard a guy talking to this girl and I just heard met a girl made her finish.
Speaker 2: Then she cried, old party, A girl made her finish.
Speaker 11: Then she cried.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little bit, maybe she cried out. I reckon, it's crown out of passion, out of pleasure, try about everything.
Speaker 5: On thirty one six, Lucy, what did you overhear? Hi?
Speaker 11: Guys, So, I was sitting in a cafe one day out in the Melbourne CBD and I heard a girl sobbing her heart out and I felt so bad. But it turns out she was crying to a girlfriend because she wasn't sure if the baby she was about to have was her boyfriend, her boyfriend's brothers, or her boyfriend's dad.
Speaker 3: Oh shut the front proverbial front door. I wait, did you hang? Did you pretend like you're prune? And some bushes so you could hear the rest of the story. What did you do?
Speaker 11: I was waiting for a date, and I got there early because the cafe was right across the road from my UNI. So I just kind of sat there, pretending to be on my laptop, just jaw on the floor, like, oh my god, keep going.
Speaker 3: I would have had to have interrupted.
Speaker 1: I think I would have said, I'm so sorry, but I don't think i'll sleep tonight in less I know the answer, what's the end of this story.
Speaker 3: I think that the problem is that she didn't know. That's why she was crying.
Speaker 1: Brittany, Yeah, I mean, surely you could do the math. Maybe then all in the same day. You mean, we all know ovulations a very small window.
Speaker 4: I would have just chucked on an apron and pretended I worked there and stood there whole day.
Speaker 5: I could get the full story. My god, thank you, Lucy. All right? Was en at forlis? What did you over here? On thirteen one and sixty.
Speaker 12: Five, Hey, I was fourteen and I was working at a wake, and essentially I was as I was walking around, I heard someone say.
Speaker 11: That they were pleased old mate had passed away.
Speaker 2: Imagine going to someone's funeral and being happy.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't go to the funeral if you want that person dead.
Speaker 3: There's so much on Netflix you do not have to go to that.
Speaker 2: Bit of a waste of time, Isn't it like, if you really are happy that they're not around anymore, you could do much better things with your time.
Speaker 1: Unless they really wanted to make sure for themselves, unless they had a reason, They're like, I need to clock that this is real.
Speaker 3: We'll let they go in and check in. The casket brick could have been an open casket proof of death.
Speaker 2: Okay, TV guys, morbid terrible And I actually really liked this second.
Speaker 3: I do it again.
Speaker 5: We overheard on Life on Cut. That is it. That's what I did.
Speaker 2: There is a segment in that I'm here for it the Life on Cut Radio and Laura Burns.
Speaker 5: A big surprise for you, Laura, Ben that we've been working on for quite a while.
Speaker 3: Britt, I am giddy with excitement.
Speaker 1: I feel like, if I can pull this off, it it's really something else. It's like a few weeks ago, Laura, everyone listening. We had a conversation, an amazing conversation with Jess Malboy. We had her on the podcast.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: It was great. We did a little bit of reflection on our childhood, our teenageers and what that looked like. I just want to play you a grab.
Speaker 13: Not only Whitney, Michael Jackson, Mariah, but Hanson's Bewitched.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say, who was your inspir because Laura had some posters used to make out with the pants.
Speaker 2: And I still think about the days when I thought I was going to marry Taylor Hanson.
Speaker 1: I was convinced you used to make out with your posters.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, it's fun when I.
Speaker 13: Think at one point, like I did total like love eye contact, you know, with with Hanson's poster and Taylor and I like I would literally talk to like if he was there.
Speaker 3: Of course, I like had all had a whole flower folder folder.
Speaker 13: It was actually my choir, my choir, like had all my sheets of like choir music, and I turned it into poster.
Speaker 1: Flora burn You admitted to Jess Malmoy that you used to make out with your handsome poster.
Speaker 3: You had a folder of them that God knows what you did to that folder of pictures.
Speaker 2: I had t shirts with their faces on it that I wore to Disneyland, and I remember this one girl stopped and she was like, oh, you're a handsome band.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, I'm gonna marry Taylor one day. Who was your favorite? Taylor?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look, it kind of swung between Taylor and Zach was a young fun drummer.
Speaker 3: And I still think of those days.
Speaker 1: How do you think that'll feel overhearing right now that you had a favorite and that you used to make out with.
Speaker 3: The handsome poster hands joking? Have you got three random men and you're just this is a setup?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I was like, Hansoon.
Speaker 1: Need to know that you used to lock lips with their poster, So why don't you tell them to their face?
Speaker 3: Who was there?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 3: Can you can tell Isaac who was your favorite? Who used to make out with?
Speaker 10: Please?
Speaker 6: Please don't break my heart and tell me that you were making out with a bunch of those other yahoos?
Speaker 10: I mean, you know you know that it had to be me, right.
Speaker 3: You have a very good voice.
Speaker 2: Look, I went through a very There was some formative years of my youth where I thought I was going to get married to your brother and I was going to be your sister in law.
Speaker 3: Are you saying Isaac wasn't your choice of poster making.
Speaker 10: It's okay, It's okay.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something. I was eleven at the time, so.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought Zach and Taylor were going to be the ones. I think I started off with Taylor and then realized he was a bit you, a bit old, and then I went down to that.
Speaker 3: It's been a lot anyway.
Speaker 1: How do you feel knowing that there were all these women, girls, I should say, eleven year olds.
Speaker 3: Making out with you guys on the wall.
Speaker 5: What was that like?
Speaker 3: They weren't aware of it.
Speaker 10: I don't know. You should ask the wall.
Speaker 6: Was she a good kisser? You should go over to the wall and ask the wall. I think, in some sense or another, isn't this kind of the goal of rock and roll?
Speaker 2: Exten Do you know what though, I've always wondered this, Like, you guys were so young. You couldn't have even walked through a supermarket without eleven year old twelve year old screaming girls like.
Speaker 3: We were obsessed. It was sickening.
Speaker 2: Do you look back on that time of your life and think, yeah, I really missed out on my childhood or do you just look at it as a very bizarre, different childhood to what other people have.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 6: I look at it as as a really fun time and a very unusual time. I don't feel like I missed out on my child I feel like, in some ways it's actually prolonged a certain version of childhood. I just wait a second. I still get to play music and play the guitar and sing, and oh wow. I think it's just an unusual version of childhood, I guess would be the way I put it. I think we were pretty grounded about it. I think most of it never really got to our heads too much, even though.
Speaker 10: We were definitely weirdos in the sense that, you.
Speaker 6: Know, only a weirdo would go in and.
Speaker 10: Be like, oh, this is normal, this is exactly. Isn't this what happens?
Speaker 6: I mean, you play guitar and then thousands of people show up, right, I mean, come on, hello.
Speaker 3: We literally watched you grow up.
Speaker 1: Though we saw you guys get your first loves, to get married.
Speaker 3: You broke a lot of hearts at that time.
Speaker 1: Mind you, Laura, Actually she cried, I cried with like this sounds we said, I've got to take.
Speaker 3: The post down. I can't make out with anymore, and you cried from the just and never going to get married to handsOn. I was fifteen by that time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you would experience this a lot, but like for a lot of people who are now thirty six year old women, you were such a formative part of what was our childhood.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: It's that you guys were the Justin Bieber of our age group. That's what that was.
Speaker 1: We want to know have you ever had or what was the biggest fight that you guys have had, because you have spent you were siblings, but you work together, you traveled together, you did everything together. Were there fights or was it all just what we saw, which is like love and roses?
Speaker 6: So I say, okay, so here we fought so much. I could never tell you what our biggest fight was. I mean that would be like maybe last week. I don't know, las week. I mean seriously, like we we fight like champs.
Speaker 10: We're a feisty bunch, but we also don't do.
Speaker 6: Our dirty laundry at public. And trust me, you know, just like just like everybody, we got dirty laundry, you know.
Speaker 10: But we do. We have respect for each other, love each.
Speaker 6: Other, and and love what we do absolutely, and is that worth fighting for?
Speaker 10: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: But it's not without a healthy dose of challenge.
Speaker 2: You guys have gone on, I mean all three of you have gone on to get married and have quite a few children.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 3: Is there fourteen kids between the three of you?
Speaker 10: Okay? I always have to say this. I don't count too many.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's the deal. I am only responsible. I am only responsible for screwing up three people's lives.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, the brothers had the other kids.
Speaker 6: It's all on them if their kids end up in therapy and having all kinds of issues.
Speaker 10: Hey, man, it's not me. I didn't do it, you.
Speaker 5: Know, no.
Speaker 6: But I mean, yes, there are like thirteen or I don't remember how many I have. I have two boys and a girl. My brother Zach has five. My brother Taylor has seven.
Speaker 10: Wow, so'st find them.
Speaker 2: What I want to know is is that many kids in this family? How do you guys have time to make music? Stool, you have your new album.
Speaker 10: I thought you were going to ask I'm going to make babies.
Speaker 3: I think that as well. Laura, don't aren't a TV?
Speaker 10: Definitely not? No no TV in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: So you've got red, green, and blue, this is your new album. What is the significance of the colors.
Speaker 10: The significance of the colors is it goes back to a couple of things.
Speaker 6: One, when we were young, kids are kind of assigned favorite colors, I guess, or red, green, and blue. Taylor's red on green, Zach is blue, and that just kind of went back to us as little kids. We just kind of identified with those colors and it just kind of became, you know, the thing that you know, like put a little green sticker or something on your stuff.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: We also came from a big family, so there are seven in our family. We're the oldest three of seven kids. So I think that was probably part of it too. But as as we got into you know, adulthood in some capacity or another, those colors still kind of stuck with us. And it happens that RGB or RGBIV as some call it, is a color format, so when you use like led lights or things like that, you know it's red, green, blue is what makes all the different colors.
Speaker 10: And so we thought.
Speaker 6: It was a cool way to kind of create a kind of analogy out out of a record and say, well, there's three parts that make this band, but they're three unique colors, and so we made a free part record. Each one of us basically did solo EPs. We did play on each other's stuff in some capacity, but not exclusively, and we just we decided at thirty years in people always ask us, why haven't you done solo record with that?
Speaker 10: Why not try this?
Speaker 6: Why not do something different than what we've done before and see what happens. It's kind of like a band Trustfall, and so far, I think everybody's pretty darn happy with how it turned down.
Speaker 2: How do you think, I mean, obviously one of your biggest hits that everyone will know Ismbop from twenty five years ago. How do you think you're the way that you approach music or how has your music music changed over the last thirty years?
Speaker 10: How has it changed on one level another, on one level another? How has it not changed?
Speaker 6: Right? I mean, because you've changed a lot, But I think I think the essence of creativity and searching for song ideas is still very much the same. It's just the context from which you're pulling those ideas from is is richer and more complex and and and just has a lot you just have a lot more pulled from. You know, if I was going to write a song about, you know, a dad and his daughter when I was sixteen, yeah, I would understand that. Relate to that on an emotional level, as you know, the brother of you know, a brother who has sisters, or seeing my parents with my siblings or things like that. But when you write a song, like write a song off the green portion of this record, uh, red, green, Blue, you it's it's very direct and very personal, and it's like, oh, well, those lyrics are based on things that have actually happened. And I'm by you know, and it's and it's because my daughter said to me, Daddy, I don't have a song.
Speaker 10: You've never written a song. And I said, okay, you know. So it's like so it's just life.
Speaker 6: Life gets richer, life gets deeper, life gets more more interesting.
Speaker 1: There is actually another brother, there's a fourth brother, Yes, Ac.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Don't really know about Matt because obviously everyone knows Hans and the three of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened to me? Well, I can't Mac make an appearance on this album. I feel a little bit sorry for Mac. Oh he does are they okay, brilliant, I'll stop.
Speaker 10: Yes, okay.
Speaker 6: So to clarify, so, as I said earlier, were the oldest three of seven kids. Mac wasn't even born when our first when our band started that, you know, I mean like so I mean young, They're not that young exactly exactly.
Speaker 10: He's nine years younger than Zach is.
Speaker 6: So when that first major record came out, I think he was three four years old something like that. There's a lot of reasons why he wasn't mostly age, he wasn't alive, but he's actually very talented. He actually directed the music video for the song Don't Let Me Down, which is on YouTube right now. It's the latest video that we made from Blue for the blue section of Red Green Blue. He actually co wrote the song no Matter the Reason on the Green portion of the record, and he actually wrote the song on Greener Pastures, which I covered. It's a song of his.
Speaker 10: That I really liked.
Speaker 6: Originally, we thought that the record, the record Rugby Blue, would be released in pieces, and so we are going to title the each individual EP, and the idea was Greener Pastors was a great title for a EP called you know in theory green or oh greener Pastors, and he had a great song that was called Greener Pastors, so I thought, oh, cover it, and so he actually sings that is actually the first time that all four brothers have some harmonies and backgrounds together, and it's on his song Greener Pastors.
Speaker 2: So I honestly, it's so amazing that you guys have had like such a long stemming career and still being so close. I know you say you've had your fights, and everyone has their sibling rivalry the manager. The fact that you've managed to keep this together and do this for thirty years is like a phenomenal. I have two quick and hard questions I want to ask you.
Speaker 3: First, He's not going to make out with you, Laura. No, okay, here's the Deserve screen. I'm upgrading from the poster to the same screen.
Speaker 2: I also have two kids and engaged, so don't worry. The time is passed single. But who is the golden child? Out of the two of you that is sorry, out of the three.
Speaker 3: Of you kids, who is the golden child? Who was the goody two shoes?
Speaker 10: Oh you like? Who was? Oh? Who is always pleasing mom and dad? Yeah? Or who is or who is the most loved child.
Speaker 2: Both, Oh, isn't the one who's always trying to please usually the most loved because they're the most well behaved.
Speaker 10: Well, it's interesting, I gosh, I don't know how to.
Speaker 6: See if I was, if you're actually looking at the full family, I would be able to tell you differently, because that's actually the real dynamic is there are seven of us.
Speaker 10: But uh, oh, gosh, I mean both Taylor and Zach.
Speaker 6: Would point at me and say, oh, you're the You're the spoiled You're the spoiled kid because I.
Speaker 10: Was the oldest.
Speaker 6: And also my parents were married a long time before they had kids, and my mom had bugged our dad for a long time saying, hey, why haven't we had kids. Yeah, come on and stop being like, we need to start a family, and he was kind of like.
Speaker 10: I'm not ready yet. I'm not ready yet.
Speaker 6: So apparently, according to my siblings, I would probably be the baby of the family in some capacity, although our youngest sister, who.
Speaker 10: Is number seven, it's definitely the baby, but in a different context.
Speaker 6: As far as as far as the kind of the pleaser of the three of us, I think Taylor, I think Taylor is the most is the most pleaser. He is the most kind of acts of service for other people type in a different way. He was always he was always the hardest worker. He was always the one outside planting the trees and digging the dish ditches with my dad.
Speaker 10: More than I was, because I just we hated it, of course, you know.
Speaker 6: Now I made my boys do the same, and I absolutely hate it when they try and skip out of it too.
Speaker 10: So you know, shows a karma karma.
Speaker 3: And who was who was the rat bag?
Speaker 1: Who was the one that was always in trouble, Who was the one that was always texting the girls causing hapoic?
Speaker 10: The naughty boy? Oh man, I don't know. I mean, it wasn't really that it was, but Zach was. Zach was trouble in his own way. I was definitely. I was definitely the most. I had the most girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Don't tell Laura that. She's like, damn, I couldn't been one of them.
Speaker 2: No, there was quite a few factors that were inhibiting that. One was the fact that we live in other countries and we never ever would be so there was a few problems.
Speaker 3: So you were a bit of a ladies man. You had some maneuvers what should pick up line?
Speaker 6: Uh, the key is not the key is not having a pick up one is basing it on something.
Speaker 1: That's actually you don't need to pick you pick up Linie's hay on Hens.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know. I actually had to try pretty hard to get my wife's attention. This is a funny little thing about about her.
Speaker 6: Well, she was at a show and I tried really hard to get her attention because she was in the crowd. And then she was about to leave, and I had to get somebody to go go get her and supper from leaving. So that's a whole other thing altogether.
Speaker 3: That is an amazing little story to animal she was.
Speaker 6: So she was so I mean, the sort of it is, she was so unimpressed by that.
Speaker 10: I had to like work really hard to get her attention.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you're still working really hard to get her attention.
Speaker 10: Oh no, absolutely too much, too much.
Speaker 2: You know what they say early on Trada Ma and Caveen camee she had it in the bag.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: It's the worst. Why are you girls so mean? So you we just want your attention?
Speaker 10: It's so mean.
Speaker 3: I've gone through jasons I've tried it all, try to keep me, try myself at them.
Speaker 6: I think I think the best strategy is is genuine uh is genuinely good kind of honest communication. You know, Hey, this is what I mean from you, This is you know, this is what you need from me, you know, finding a.
Speaker 10: Way to kind of take the and oh man.
Speaker 6: And just don't go on to the when the emotions run high, just hit time out, hit time out and be like, we need to talk about this tomorrow because we're both going to say things we don't mean and it's going to feel really good and it's gonna feel really bad tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hi, Zach, my eleven year old girl is screaming. Internal eleven year old is screaming right now. This has been just a dream come true.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you pulled this off, Fritty Hockey, Thank you for getting on board with this and making me make Laura Burns day.
Speaker 3: But when are we going to see you?
Speaker 1: Not just us Australia, When can we see you guys in Australia in concert?
Speaker 3: When are you coming?
Speaker 6: Well, we are going to be in Australia all through the kind of early to mid portion of November, So We've got shows all over the country, both west to east coast. I think the total is something like eight shows right now, so we're pretty much in every major city in Australia and so we're excited to be coming back. It's going to be fantastic.
Speaker 3: Well, Isaac, I will get my posters and my sharpie ready and I.
Speaker 1: Will see you there and November we're going to be front and center.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining us. You've literally made this woman's life all right.
Speaker 5: Thank you, buddy. Thanks for coming on. Such a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Guys, I cannot believe that you pulled that off.
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 2: I am living my childhood fantasy right now. Yes, you know what is coming up next week. We have an awesome podcast for you guys. If you listen, jump onto Life Uncut Podcasts wherever you listen to your podcast. It's coming out on Tuesday and it's all about.
Speaker 3: But not just from us. We did our due diligence. We have a psychotherapist on Terry Cole, and she really knows her stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean like we know our stuff too, because we've both been cheated on, but not because we have any of the professional advice for you and don't forget to tell your mum, to your dad, tell you DOT to your friends, and shared a loved because we.
Speaker 1: Love love.
Speaker 2: You miss any of the life on Cut Radio show with Bret Hockley and Laura Ben.
Speaker 5: Hear it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio