Speaker 1: Hi Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist, and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Now. It is Mother's Day this weekend, and I love a lot of things about being a radio host, but one of the things I love the most is when we get the chance to give back to people that really.
Speaker 3: Need it, or might have gone through a hard time, or just make someone.
Speaker 2: Feel good about themselves. And that's what we're doing this Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Well, I also think.
Speaker 1: As well, like I mean, mums are the matriarchs of our family who keep everything ticking over. It is often such a I don't want to say it's a thankless job, because it's not.
Speaker 3: You get thanked in so many ways the time.
Speaker 1: Often like the people who love you the most sometimes forget to tell you how appreciated you are for.
Speaker 3: Everything that you do as a mum.
Speaker 1: And Mother's Day is such an important day for so many people for so many different reasons.
Speaker 3: And we know, even on this show.
Speaker 1: And from all of you who listen, there are so many incredible mums out there that we want to celebrate too.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not my mum, Laura, but I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: So we did in this show. God damn it, that is true.
Speaker 2: We did want to ask you guys to let us know to write in and call up and let us know a mom in your life that you think really deserves something, something really special. And can I just say, like, Wow, this was way harder than I thought. There were so many incredible entries and so many people that are doing so many amazing things and really going through it, and I do wish I could give something to everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was insane the response.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we did have one entry from Lauren, and Lauren wrote up to nominate her sister in law, Tegan so Loz says Teagan lost her husband to bow cancer when her baby was only six weeks old last year, and this weekend will be her first Mother's Day. So not only is it her first ever Mother's Day, ef I like she is a new mum, but it is such a huge day to be celebrating when you've lost some like you've lost your husband the year before.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine it.
Speaker 1: Is the person that you're supposed to be celebrating Mother's Day with.
Speaker 2: With laws wanted to celebrate her first Mother's Day and make sure she knows how loved she is and to take some time to celebrate how wonderful she is. I mean, I thought this was amazing. We thought this was an amazing person. So we do want to call Teagan and just give her a really beautiful package for her first Mother's Day, just to make her feel that little bit more loved and that little bit more special.
Speaker 3: So we're going to give her a call now.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Tegan, Teagan, we wanted to give you a call. It's Britta Laura here from the pickup.
Speaker 4: Oh hi, I surprise you.
Speaker 1: Well, first we wanted to say a very very happy Mother's Day to you, and also to let you know that your friend laws had nominated you as being an incredible mum.
Speaker 4: Oh so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we we I mean, just to fell you in. We wanted to find somebody really special to give a really special prize to like a beautiful spa weekend for somebody, and we had people call up to talk about who they think should deserve it and why, and your sister in law Law's just had such beautiful things to say about you. Can you tell us a little bit like what have you been through the past year, because from all accounts, you've been through it.
Speaker 4: I have I have Yeah, sadly, Yeah, July last year, my husband Luke you passed away from bow cancer. So sorry after year fifteenth month that old and we had a yes, six week old baby at the time, so she's now eleven months tomorrow, so I had foot light in my life that. Yeah, it's in a really, really tough time. You have the past at a while.
Speaker 3: So sorry, Tiagan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Teagan, we were just saying, now you were everyone here. Sorry, We were just saying, you know, firstly, happy Mother's Day for it being your first one, but also how deeply sorry we are that you're celebrating it not with the person you should be.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank young bit stuff shack. I love you girls all the time.
Speaker 3: I do want you. I want you just to hear what lads did say about you.
Speaker 2: She told us a bit about what you've been through, as you just said, and she did just say, you're so brave and so resilient, and whenever you see you anywhere, no matter who it is or where it is, you always have a smile on your face and you wouldn't even know what you've been going through. And she just thinks that you deserve something really beautiful.
Speaker 3: So we're really happy. Then we get to give you something to help.
Speaker 2: And I know we say happy Mother's Day, and it seems to be it seems to be the thing that rolls off people's tongues, right, And I do hope it's happy for you, But it's not necessarily a happy day. You know, a lot of people go through a lot of different things, and a lot of people have lost people in their life. And if we can just give you something small and it is nothing into comparison to what you've been through, but yeah, so thank you.
Speaker 4: So that's really sweet of you. Guys are call and very kind of you, very generous.
Speaker 1: Taking You're so welcome, and we hope that. Yeah, it is a special weekend for you after all, and you have people around you who love you so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Let's love with chat to you both.
Speaker 3: Try and have the best Mother's Day that you possibly can. Your little one is really lucky that much. Thanks.
Speaker 1: I think it's an important one to remember because you know, Mother's Day is a celebration for so many people, but there are a lot of reasons why it is an incredibly hard day for others as well, and not just for people who are doing it on their own, but for people who maybe don't have the babies in their arms that they thought they would on Mother's Day, or for whatever version Mother's Day looks like for you. We know that it is a wonderfully happy day for some, but in order to kind of celebrate that, you also have to hold space for all the people that
Speaker 3: Find Sunday a really really challenging day as well.