Speaker 1: Lifelun Cut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on de rug Wallamuta Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and well we dropped a sneaky little bonus episode on Friday.
Speaker 1: Did we did? We spend too much time together? The one went finishing each other's sentence. We dropped what I I mean? I didn't think it was that original, but I felt like I came out with a really.
Speaker 3: Good title, The King of Queen.
Speaker 2: I thought I was pretty pipe, but you were saying that the interview was an original, and I was like, spick yourself.
Speaker 1: Britain was pretty bloody good. I was about to introduce him and I was like, I was really proud that I came up with the King of Queen. I just sought was very clever, but it's probably been used one hundred times before. But we did have the King of Queen literally the band Queen Adam Lambert. He did come and join us, meaning we dropped a bonus episode on Friday because we had to fit in with his touring schedule and his publicity schedule, so we went rogue and dropped Tuesday's episode a little bit early. So if you haven't listened to that, it's in the Feet a couple of days ago. We'll put a link in our show notes. But he was just amazing. I could have spoken to him. I think, Laura, I think you wanted to lock him in the room. You have not want to let him out. I did.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's all go and have margaritas and be best friends. And he was like, let's not. And I was like, okay, cool, and.
Speaker 1: Then we accidentally did so I didn't tell him produce a kh to night. When the interview was over and we left, everyone left. It was the biggest day, right, We had been NonStop. You had to go home and get the kids. It was like six thirty. And I was like, I would murder a marguerite. No, because I hate margeritas. Who hates margaritas. It's controversial, I know, and every time I say I hate a Margarita, someone comes for you. No, but you know what they say, There's no way just taste it. I'm like, God, I'm like, I've tasted it, like but maybe you've never had a good one.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I still taste it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, maybe maybe the time has come where my taste buds for bold and I'll taste the margarita. I never like it. It doesn't matter, and it's it's a shame because it's my sister Sherry's favorite dream. Do you know what it's like.
Speaker 2: It's like when a woman says I don't like anal sex and I guys to try it.
Speaker 1: Just try it, you'll like it.
Speaker 2: Let me put different, will go slow, just let me put a tip in, like we'll warm it up, plenty of loop.
Speaker 1: It's exactly the same.
Speaker 3: It's very similar, identical.
Speaker 1: It's a shame because I love that we're really getting into the drink chat. It's a shame because a lot of places you go for some reason, margaritas are like the two for one thing. You know, when you go to a lot of bars, they're like, oh, it's happy hour, it's two to one margaritas. I just feel like I always miss out.
Speaker 2: And the reason for that is because it literally everybody except for Brittney Hockley loves them, and so there's gonna be like ten people are going to slide into my DMS now and be like, it's not dress bread A's me too. If you don't like margaaritas, this is not a personal attack. I'm sorry, You're okay. So my main safety numbers. Well, I know, Laura, yours is a margretor. It's you'll always go straight to the Margi. It used to be a Negroni, but now it's a margarita because if I have one Digroni, I think I will die. I never really so strong. He's looking at me like what, I will literally drink one Dagroni and then I'll get blackout, drunk and die.
Speaker 1: It's for me, nothing against Nigronie. It's a strange choice of drink for you. Like I never relicious. I never would have if I was a compatibility test. How well do you know, Laura, I wouldn't have linked you to the Nigroni. It used to be my number one drink. Did you do that because your partner at the time was agroni drinker? Because this is going to tie into something we're doing, did you start drinking? Don't lie to me, No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I stopped drinking NIGRONI is because I was getting blackout drunk. But I know where we're getting to and we're steam rolling ahead. But also not only are we steam rolling ahead, we've completely hijacked this intro about Adam Lambert to talk about margaritas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that's okay. It's a really natural okay. So where I was going with that is I said to Keisha, I could murder an Ammaruto sour or like you my teamy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there my go to.
Speaker 1: So we went outside to this little rooftop bar and we had just finished the record with Adam, and we walk out and Adam is sitting there having a drink, and I was like, oh my god, this is so embarrassing because he thinks we've just followed him to have it. So I put my hand up, like I put my hand up as a barrier, and I walked past him with my hands up, but purposely I need to start laughing. We had a little drink, we said hello, but then we it was that awkward moment where we're like, he's a superstar. We just spent two hours with him, and now we hear having a drink and he thinks we've come for him, but we haven't. So we spoke and then we just went and sat at another table, but it was right next to them, and we just like waved at them the whole time.
Speaker 2: Because, to be fair, he did say he was going for a drink. Why are these bitches following?
Speaker 1: I did not hand on heart. I don't know if it's because I'm deaf. I did not hear him say they were going for a drink. I thought they were just getting on with their publicity tour. And I did not even know they were still there, or I wouldn't have done it because it was so awkward. That's okay.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed the story you put up where you were sitting across from him.
Speaker 1: And he had it back to you because we were like, okay, we're just going to go sit over here now, and we just like two meters away from because it was the only other free table there.
Speaker 3: It was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: The reason why we're telling you about this is because so this is a bit of a different Tuesday episode. Normally, our Tuesday episodes are our big, thick, meaty episodes, but the core of this episode, the heart of It, the Heart and Soul Adam Lambert that was dropped on Friday, And like Britz said, all of the links and everything else are in the show notes, so please go and listen to that. After you have listened to this saucy little number. We'll figure out what it is as we go. Nah, we got some fun stuff for this.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I wanted to tell you something that happened to me because it was probably the most embarrassing. I mean, it's my own little accidentally unfiltered, and it's been a while since we've done and accidently unfiltered on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay here, so everyone.
Speaker 1: This is probably too much information for y'all, but I asked that literally, not the basis of every episode. Yeah, you have told them about the pinky and the stinky. I think we can continue on with it.
Speaker 2: To be fair, this does have to do with my my bow movement, so I mean, it could only get worse, to tell you the truth. So, I have been having some issues recently, h the poopa with my gastro intestinal area whatever you'd want to call it the poopy, but yeah, no with not yet whatever, Okay, like graphic, So I went to the doctors and I got a referral to a gastro entrologist is something called correct gastro and trologist. Yeah, did the pood dance. So I went to the Pooh doctor. Anyway, they are impossible to get into for starters. I've been waiting for this appointment since December.
Speaker 1: I mean, if anything, that should make you feel better because there's that many people out there that are also having problems, like so you're not alone. No, I feel really safe in numbers.
Speaker 2: So I go into this appointment on Friday and the doctor is like this attractive I would say, like late thirty year old guy, and a part of.
Speaker 1: Me, like when he came out to the waiting room, was like, hello, Laura Burn, can you come in? I was like, fuck, why couldn't you just be an old man?
Speaker 2: Like why don't you be so old and so like non attractive to me. I don't want to sit in a small room and talk about my Pooh with you.
Speaker 3: I can see Keisha over there and being like was he single?
Speaker 1: I think I need my budget. All of a sudden, Keisha said the doctor be like I have a lot of so anyway, BONDI junction if anyone's interested. So I yeah.
Speaker 2: So I walk into the room and I sit down, and you know, he's lovely, he's pleasant, he's very doctorly and you know, very serious about it all. And he asked me questions, which it's so uncomfortable because you're literally describing the consistency of your pooh that's what you've got to do to this.
Speaker 1: Poor pooh doctor.
Speaker 3: I have been there, yes, And I was like, oh, this is so awkward for me.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, and he's like, don't worry, I'm so used to it anyway. So I am mid describing what it is like to go to the toilet.
Speaker 3: The consistency in what you've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he just has this moment where he looks at me and he goes, oh, I've got it, And I was like, what in like me.
Speaker 3: You know what's wrong with you know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He goes, I know where I know you from. You're on the project. You're on the project last year, won't you I know? That's no, no, not me.
Speaker 2: And I was like, why why did you need to say that? Why couldn't you just pretend like you did not know who I am?
Speaker 3: Like, this is already as awkward as possible for me.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to you about my poops, so now you're like, I know everything about you.
Speaker 2: So I literally yeah, I literally went from being like, oh, so it's kind of like this shape and then I was like, yeah, what she is like an octagon?
Speaker 1: You know it's long.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, so yeah, I did a couple of feeling spots last year, like it was really fun. Yeah, Lisa Wilkinson's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yep. Sometimes there is corn in there yep. Also it was so confusing.
Speaker 2: It was honestly, I don't like and this is not me being like I got recognized, yeah and so popular. Like I never ever get recognized by men. I rarely get recognized by women, and when I do, it's usually like moms in the parks or young girls talking about their messed up ex.
Speaker 1: Boyfriends a hot poop doctor. Never have I.
Speaker 2: Ever been recognized by a guy, and certainly not one when I was meet at talking about pooh.
Speaker 1: Well, I sort of got recognized in an unfortunate moment, but I don't know the unfortunate moments. So on the weekend, I flew up to the Gold Coaster see my family, and I'm I mean, you guys know, I'm not telling you anything new, but like, if I have a spare second, I'm facetimeing Ben.
Speaker 3: We just we find the time.
Speaker 1: To fash because we only have the mornings and the nights in terms of when one of miss is awake. Anyway, no one said anything to but I was facetiming at the airport, and I don't know. Sometimes we sexy FaceTime, like we talk something about what we're gonna do sometime airport, just all the time, just in conversations because you know, it's really detrimental. The new EarPods are so good because they're noise canceling, so you talk louder than you realize when they're in wait.
Speaker 2: But so would you sexy talk when you're out in public around people.
Speaker 1: Well not sexy, but not sexy talk like we're not sexty. Okay, give me a little bit of that. So maybe you'd be like, oh, I kind of think maybe you'd be like, oh my god, I can't wait to see you, or like I'm so horny whatever. They are very different. I can't wait to see you, I am so well because no, I can't wait to see It's like Miss, because there's cutesies. It's I wait to see you, miss you, but then there's like, oh, like you know, I would never actually say this, but I would tear you apart.
Speaker 2: I can always say, will you get into the horny chat when you were literally at an airport waiting for a connecting fly?
Speaker 1: Well, I would. I'll show you what I would do, right, just see my phone's here. I'd look around and I'd be like, I am so horny, I'm going to eat, and I would just like whisper it to him and would be like looking around really cute, you know, like just stuff like that. But it's not common. But what I'm saying is we talk about all sorts of stuff on a FaceTime, right, So it could be fun, it could be cutesies.
Speaker 3: It could also be like we call each other.
Speaker 1: You guys know, I call my dog Delilah squid, but Ben and I call each other squids.
Speaker 3: We're like, love you squids. It's just a nickname.
Speaker 2: You gave me ship the other week because I said that every self and I call that bub and you were like.
Speaker 3: It's I hate bub.
Speaker 1: I still hate hay squidty I stand by that he squid statement. Yes, squid it's funny and it's cute. I don't remember what we were talking about, but I got an message from a girl saying, oh, I recognized you were sitting behind you on the plane, but I didn't want to say anything because you were on.
Speaker 3: FaceTime to Ben.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh my god, what was I saying? And I said to Ben what were we talking about? And He's like, you definitely mentioned like that you can't wait to get here. And I was like, did she did this poor innocent girl sit on the plane because I didn't have anyone next to me? How are you facetiming on a plane? Was this like before before? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, free WiFi connection and there's Britt facetiming in the middle of the plane.
Speaker 1: And it made me realize that she probably just listened into a very intimate, sexy conversation without me even knowing. Fine, fine, people pay for that. But it made me think I need to be way more aware of walking around what I'm doing and saying.
Speaker 3: On the pane. And sometimes we'll both be like, oh no, that's too much for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh no, go you tell us what you sometimes say. No, sometimes you'll kill me.
Speaker 3: It's not saying no.
Speaker 1: Sometimes like when I'm if it's in the afternoon, it's when he's just working up, and so like he'll get up, he'll be naked and he'll just like be going to the shower, walking around and I'm my face something just walking around naked, and I'm like, people could just look over my shoulder. So I've got to stop doing that now and public because people got bible and bend in the nod. Anyway, that was my That was the only time I got rack. It sounds like you've had a wild weekend also, well, speaking of sexy times, so it's actually like a great unintentional natural segue.
Speaker 3: We want to talk about orgasms?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, when was the last time you had one?
Speaker 3: It's been a while.
Speaker 1: You don't even happen on your own in the privacy of your own home, Yes, but nowhere for me, it's nowhere near as good really, no way, does not even come close. Why is that so you're saying if you ought to do it yourself, it can't even come as close. You can't even set to the same level of orgasm as what sex does. Correct. Wow, yeah, yeah, don't have that problem.
Speaker 3: Because really, so do you do it? Better on your own.
Speaker 2: Oh like same, same, same, really, I mean, like, obviously I enjoy sex more because there's another participant in the room, but like I can get myself to as equally as enjoyable orgasm on my own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone, are you all shocked? Like everyone in the room is looking like producing are you do you need another participant?
Speaker 2: I'm so jealous of you being able to get mina not even like, oh if you massive bait's not even twenty percent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what about if you're using a toy?
Speaker 3: No, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't hit the same, like physically, literally memorically, it does not hit the same. I'm really jealous of that.
Speaker 2: Like, as a single person, I am so deeply fellous that yours are just as good on your own time.
Speaker 1: Well, trust me, as a mum of two kids, I deserve it. I deserve it. But this is you're also speaking to someone that like will orgasm in two minutes with Matt, Like you're just in and out.
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 2: I can Well, I can make myself orgasm in two minutes.
Speaker 3: Could you do it right now?
Speaker 2: Well, not in front of you all, It's not still a social experiment. Like sitting here in front of the camera. It's not a porno.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want you to actually do it, but like, do you feel like you could do it in any environment anywhere in two minutes or do you need to really have worked yourself up in the day. Nah? No, I could do it pretty much.
Speaker 2: I could probably go to the cubicle and do it, like if you wanted me to go to a public toilet. I mean, not the setting, not the atmosphere that I would normally like, but I probably think.
Speaker 1: That's what that noise was. It's perfect stress relief. Guy. This is why before every record Lauri's I could to duck to the toilet.
Speaker 2: She's got a nut one out, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason why.
Speaker 2: We're talking about this is because there was a research study that was recently done. I mean sometimes I question where these research studies come from.
Speaker 3: Well, produce a keisha brings a lot and that it is questionable.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it is around how women have different types of orgasms. Now, the reason why I thought that this was kind of, I mean a little bit different to something that we've talked about in the past is because I think traditionally, when you talk about types of orgasms. People will think of an internal orgasm or a clitoral orgasm, or I don't even know what, there's plenty of others. Well, I have always thought of the two.
Speaker 1: I've always thought you can an orgasm from the clip, or you can orgasm inside the g spot that I've always thought that.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently there's different types in terms of like the way that I experience an orgasm is very different to the way that you may experience an orgasm. However, collectively, they've put them into three different baskets, so three different types of orgasms. And the reason why this is so unique is because it turns out that of these three types, each woman will experience one type of this orgasm. And it's like, that is how you experience an orgasm, and it doesn't change from time to time or relationship to relationship.
Speaker 1: It is that each person has a unique.
Speaker 2: Way in which their body actually goes through the motions of an orgasm.
Speaker 1: Well, the way they did this, I think it's pretty interesting. They had like a vibrated dildo thing and they got people to masturbate with it, and it recorded things like the pressure from the pelvic floor, so like the con tractions and also the temperature. So they're trying to work out for each individual when they're at their climax and they're orgasmine physiologically, like, what is actually happening because you could still say, I only orgasm from the clitteris, but we still don't know what that means. We don't know what the contractions are or what's happening there. So this is really interesting that they had these people test it and they came down to these three categories they put it into, which is will go through them. But the wave, the volcany ocean wave, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: The ocean wave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a high on the street.
Speaker 3: It's not like a high wave like this circular.
Speaker 1: No, the ocean wave, the volcano, and the avalanche.
Speaker 3: They are the three.
Speaker 2: Okay, So to break this down and maybe you guys can do this at home, figure out what you think you are. It's hard the ocean wave because the problem is they all kind of sound quite similar, but when you do actually break them down functionality wise, they are a bit different. So the ocean wave, the pelvic floor, it contracts and releases multiple times. I think that this is the easiest one to understand. It's like a contraction and then it stops, and then a contraction and then it stops. So it comes in rhythmic wave like motions until it eventually subsides. So for me Andhams think of this because this is definitely not my type of orgasm. I don't have like a high and then a bit of a break, and then a high and then a break and then for me, it's like a wham bam hit and then it's done. So some people have this ocean wave like motion or movement. There's also one called the volcano. The volcano is one extended pelvic floor movement. So instead of it being like a series of waves or that ocean like kind of rhythm.
Speaker 1: Like the coming and going of the wave, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: One explosive pelvic floor pressure I think you would say it, or like a clenching of the pelvic floor.
Speaker 3: I think you could call it an eruption.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank your volcanic eruption.
Speaker 2: And for some people who experience this, it's like a very full body experience, like all your muscles in your body will contract and then that will subside over time, and it's like almost once your body has stopped. It's like when you have that release and that relaxing motion. That's when you know that the orgasm's over. This is me, I'm a volcano.
Speaker 1: Well, to give an example, someone has said here, it feels like almost every muscle in my body tenses up as the pleasure gently intensifies, and then there is a huge release. I know it's over when I can relax. So that's what one of the participants said. The last one is the avalanche. The avalanche orgasm. It's sort of similar to the ocean wave in that like it is a series of pelvic floor movements, but where it differs is it starts at a high point and then gradually relaxes. So think of a literal avalanche, you know, starts at the top of the mountain rolls down. So that's what this has. So this person has said, feels like my body starts shaking and then I suddenly explode into an orgasm. My body snaps and then spasms a little bit, which is a good spasm, over and over again, until it eventually starts to calm down before letting my muscles rest. Why would somebody need to know this?
Speaker 2: This is my other question, where why is there ever a point in your life where you're like, God, I would love to know what type of orgasm I have.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm thankful.
Speaker 1: I love this content. Who gets paid to do this research? Well that's a good.
Speaker 2: Question, but people do. Do you get paid to be part of the subject studies? Like to be the actual person in there can test about yourself.
Speaker 1: When I lived in the UK, I was super poor. I went over there at nineteen and I signed up to a drug test I did.
Speaker 3: I was. I was like, how am I going to pay my bills?
Speaker 1: Were you masturbating for money? Wait, that's not a science webca I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was on porn hub. It was really weird.
Speaker 1: A lot of camerasn't dar come out for it yet.
Speaker 3: But I haven't made any money either.
Speaker 1: No. I was with my boyfriend the time, and we were really poor, Like we used to go to this is really take me back. We used to go. We lived in a van, not a cute van, not these traveling vans. This was a moving van. Didn't even have windows and had a hard floor. Anyway, we used to go to pizza Hut for lunch or you can eat and take containers and steal the food and eat it throughout the week. But I feel like that's everyone in the twenties totally.
Speaker 3: But we signed up.
Speaker 1: We were like, we need money, so we signed up to these literally pharmaceutical drug tests. You had to go to this company and they paid. It wasn't even much. It was like one hundred pounds and you were literally trialing drugs. I'm very thankful now, but at the time, I was very upset. I got there one day and I had taken for my drug test trial. God knows what mutation I would have developed if I did it, and I had taken medication that morning that I didn't know I couldn't take, so it excluded me from the trial.
Speaker 3: So I didn't do it. But my boyfriend did it.
Speaker 1: He did. It explains a lot. Actually that's why I broke up. But yeah, you do get people do get paid for this kind of stuff. But I think when I'm looking at this, I think for me, I'm the avalanche. I think I just hit it really hard and then it comes down like I don't hit it. He hits it hard, but it hits hard together. Yeah, I think I'm the avalanche. And then I also have the after shocks as well, So mine's not the one avalanche. Maybe you're a hybrid because you know how the avalanche goes down and sometimes it stops and then has another avalanche.
Speaker 2: Maybe just a continuous avalanche, and you're just someone who has multiple orgasms.
Speaker 1: I think we've established that before. Yeah, so I'm a multiple avalanche. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I have a continuous avalanche, whereas you're you're the volcano.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, just one eruption. It doesn't know multiple eruptions. Yeah, no, not that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: I still would like you to try that a bit more.
Speaker 1: No, I've tried. I've tried. I swear everyone this is one of those things as well.
Speaker 2: The margarita think yeah that you know, you say you can't do it, and then people go, oh, but I'll be the one to change that, And then all of a sudden, you feel like your clip's getting rubbed off because they're still going for.
Speaker 1: It, and you're like, it's not gonna happen. Just trust me. But even within ten seconds, even ten seconds, can I orgasm get in ten seconds afterwards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I do it?
Speaker 1: What are you kidding? No?
Speaker 2: I cannot or no, no, if anything has to be like hours later, and then that's a multiple not like within the same session.
Speaker 3: No, mine, not all in the same session.
Speaker 1: Oh no, So then for how many minutes would you orgasm? Or I'll get my stopwatch out next time, I'll put my Apple Watch on. I mean, they're normal orgasms, but I could have over for how long?
Speaker 2: So like an orgasm? How many minutes or seconds is an orgasm last?
Speaker 1: For you? For one? Oh, I don't know, thirty seconds, a minute maybe max?
Speaker 3: And then I could have a minute break.
Speaker 1: I feel like mine, like twenty seconds you got.
Speaker 2: I feel so sorry, but you will have a one minute orgasm and then twenty seconds later you can have another minute orgasm. You are like, people need to research you. Get some probes on a dildo and use Britney Hockley. Please No, the second and.
Speaker 1: Third, and fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, they wouldn't be minute long.
Speaker 3: They would be ten second ones.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, but I could have a twenty to thirty second break and.
Speaker 3: Then go again.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: It really is a real prop up for the guy.
Speaker 1: They just do it. God's work. Something else funny happened this week Keisha and I we drive to work every day.
Speaker 3: Basically, like we drive across Sydney.
Speaker 1: We can't pull you can go on the transit lane, Kisha, Yeah, we can go in the T two lane, which I didn't even know you could not do if you're one person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to redo the road rules.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We're in the car and Keisha was saying, we're just talking about what we're doing this week and what we've got on and he's just like, oh, I'm going to the basketball tonight. I was like, you're basketball. I like it sounds fun. I was a way like going to basketball. She's like, I love basketball. I was like, Keisha, almost two years and you've never been to the basketball. You've been in my life pretty consistently for twenty four months. I have not ever heard you mentioned basketball. Spell basketball, watch basketball, go to the basketball. She's like, I love basketball. She's like I love basketball for a long time. And I was like, spit it out. There's someone there that you have a crush on. There's a player you have a crush on giving you an avalanche, or there's somebody there's somebody knew that you're dating that it's a basketball fan. I was like, tell me, and she goes, oh, you got me. It's one of the players. Now, all of a sudden, she's got this love of basketball. Do you know what she turned up in today? Basketball shorts and a jersey.
Speaker 2: She's wearing wearing basketball shorts, and she's got these big Michael Jordan's basketball shoes on. I have owned this clothing for years and for us also.
Speaker 1: I told you guys that I used to go to the basketball every week when I.
Speaker 2: Lived down in Bendigo. They used to give us courtside seats and we were there for the women's game.
Speaker 1: And then the man is great answer the question, do you or do you not have a crush on someone that plays basketball?
Speaker 2: Have you not, in the last two years ever spoken about basketball.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've spoken about it to you guys. I'll stop it there. Trying to slam dunks, just trying to get over the KO games on my phone, stream it to the TV. You have it on your background. She turned up to my house this morning doing the double dribble between the lenks. She brought a basketball and she was like, you're right. But it made me laugh because I know Keisha so well that I could see straight through it. I was like you've got a crush on someone you've developed. Even if you did love BASKETBA when you were twelve and you're in the local team, you've refound your love of basketball, which is fine because you have a bit of a love interest.
Speaker 2: Although Britt I would like to say, no, no, I'm not allowed to call the pot black here.
Speaker 1: The kettle whatever that's saying is some kettle pot black color.
Speaker 2: Because I think it's just what happens when you have a crush on someone. A lot of people will end up absorbing their interests and their likes, which is also maybe why you're very into soccer now, even though you've never liked soccer in your entire life.
Speaker 1: I'm not into so I don't go play soccer. I haven't even watched Ben. Actually I'm not so no, I've definitely done it in the past, and I'm only trying to watch soccer now so I can learn the rules, so I can show some respect to Ben and understand when he's talking to me, because at the moment, I'm like, I still did even get off side, Like I don't even get that basic stuff. So we asked, what thing did you pretend to be into? Because the person you liked was into it, So who did you try to morph into?
Speaker 2: This is something that I think a lot of people do without necessarily realizing it, or like we know that someone has like likes or interests and then we just, you know, start to get into the certain thing that they're into. Maybe it's like I dated a guy who run like a graphic design and like experiential. It was like he was in a website and stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I did graphic design at UNI, but I've never really been into graphic design like I did it as a university degree. I can do graphic design, but there are people who fucking live and breathe graphic design like that is their calling, that is their life. And I'll let me tell you, for that four years of my life, I pretend I went to graphic design conventions. I would go to graphic design galleries. I could not give a flying fuck about it, honestly, but like I absorbed all of that.
Speaker 1: I started spearfishing. I had a Rob Allen spear gun, I even know it, and I wore a weight belt and I started spearfishing, and I was a spearfisherman woman, speA fisherman woman, and I was petrified the whole time I was gonna get eaten by shark. I always thought something is cruel, and every time I was like, oh, I have such fun so much fish, it's the best time. I lafe and I had like PTSD because I was like so traumatized.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, some of these chances that you have written in are absolutely hilarious, and I feel like we can all take solitude in the fact that, you know, we like to pretend like we like things so that we can be liked.
Speaker 1: It seems to be what happens anime.
Speaker 2: I hate cartoons, but I intended to really love anime because he was into it.
Speaker 1: Similarly, South Park and I had no idea how many episodes and seasons they were. Oh, that's an annoying one. He liked sucking my toes, and I pretended that I was into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like they don't take a kink. It's okay that you pretended to like it because he liked it so much.
Speaker 1: It's not like you were like, yeah, yeaes, then he's gonna think you like it all the time. She's gonna want to whipo his feet out all the time. Oh, I've got another one golf.
Speaker 2: I even helped him plan set up something in his garage that he could practice. But I fucking hate golf.
Speaker 1: Cricket the biggest regret of my life. These games go forever, sometimes days long, and I would rather watch grass grow.
Speaker 2: I used to read the paper every single day and ordered multiple subscriptions because my own husband was a journalist and I wanted him to think I was up with the news.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brazilian jiu jitsu, then I'm so niche. Then I'm so niche, And I found myself wrestling with sweaty strangers and I had to tap out literally and metaphorically. Okay, I did jiu jitsu as well because of the hot guy. I'm curiousy of like all of it.
Speaker 2: Why are we all so pathetic? Why do we do things that we hate because we want to be liked.
Speaker 3: I can actually recommend jiu jitsu to anyone else.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 3: No, but let me tell you if you.
Speaker 1: Were single and you want to meet someone, there is no better way. It is close combat. You wrestle men. They put their legs around your head, each other, full grown men that are into jiu jitsu. Yeah, but men, No, it's actually so hot, and the men and the women wrestle each other.
Speaker 3: You don't just have to wrestle women.
Speaker 1: So I went and I was like on the ground grappling with the hottest, sweatiest men.
Speaker 2: So if you're single, going to it, okay, Trekking. I fucking hate walking.
Speaker 1: Church.
Speaker 3: I even used to raise my hands during the worship, but I had no idea what it meant and what was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a little bit of period of time where I went back to church because I like guy. I forgot about that youth group. I went to youth grow for a guy in my twenties. Yeah, youth group in your twenties that you're too old. Nineteen It must have been eighteen. I just finished school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a youth group.
Speaker 3: I was thirty.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what was wrong with it, but they said it was a problem. Tadoo's clearly a lifelong regret, because I've got lots that I don't even like. That's a shitty one because that's the regrets stamped into your skin. Yeah, and a laser costs money to get rid.
Speaker 2: Of it, and her it sent us a long term last one for me camping now We've spent so much money on equipment, and I actually hate not having power or phone reception.
Speaker 1: That's fair. That's a big one, and I reckon that's a common one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pretending that you're into camping, and that also sucks because that takes up so much of your holidays. But all you want to be is it in a nice resort with the peanutolata by pool.
Speaker 1: Camp is really hard work. People think you just go and like put a tenter. You don't because I grew up in a camping family. I didn't see in a hotel till I was seventeen. Like we were camping, throw and through. It's a lot of effort because you've got to take every single thing you possibly need. You've got to erect it, keep it clean, keep the bugs out, sleep on the ground, cook your own food. It's just a lot. Yeah, so I understand, but I think there'd be a lot of people that would want to bond with their partner over it. This has got to be the best one. I developed a fake love for unicycles and bagpipes. What bagpots? Who wakes up one day and says, oh my god, I also love to play.
Speaker 2: The bagpopes or just listening to bagpipes. Yeah, just putting on Spotify and unicycles, you want to go for a ride?
Speaker 1: I do love the unicycle.
Speaker 2: Let me sit on my pogo stick on one wheel that I just so happened to also love. Oh dear, Look, I mean we are all guilty of this. But if you are truly taking on things that you hate to try and impress somebody to stop, it may be an indication that they're not your person.
Speaker 1: Also, you're allowed to have differences.
Speaker 3: Let them have their unicycle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good to have alone time. That's good to have independent hobbies. Okay, well this episode, I mean, like we said, normally, our Tuesday episode is our big and meaty one. But if you have come to the end of it and had a giggle, then it is time to go and have a listen to Adam Lambert's interview, which we dropped on Friday. It's episode number eighteen. Keisha's looking it up. Think it's Look, it's just not the last one, because that's the pickup. Just google Adam Lambert, go and have a listen. It's a bloody good interview. There's so many parts of this that I loved. I loved what an incredibly humble person he is, how generous he was with his time. Honestly, I know you make jokes about it, Britt saying that I was trying to trap him there, but he couldn't get rid of We couldn't like he just wanted to be there and to give, and he gave such to the questions that were asked.
Speaker 1: He gave such thoughtful answers.
Speaker 2: And I think sometimes when you meet such superstar celebrities, you expect that they're going to be standoff as you expect that they're going to be high maintenance.
Speaker 1: We also expect that they have their answers ready to go that are standard, that are the same for everybody. But I didn't feel that with Adam. I felt like he was really digging deep and giving us very specific individual answers. He told us some things where he's like, I haven't actually said that before. He was very generous with his information at his time, and we loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was everything. We covered everything from his sexuality, from his relationship with his family, with his parents, we covered how he got into his music career, but then also that transition from going from being this huge reality TV style off the back of American Idol into his now position as the frontman lead singer for Queen. It is an amazing story. He's an amazing man and we'd love it for you to go listen to it.
Speaker 1: Keep all your questions, your confessions, your accidently unfilters, everything else coming into our Instagram life on cut podcast.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't jumped onto Apple Reviews and given us a shaky little review, well then you are a scalywag and it's time to go do that.
Speaker 1: We would love you for it. And you know the drill. Tell your mum, te dad, tey dog, tell your friends and share the love because we love love the Kaabaa baba kabe