Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Pats Morning, Good morning Rio, Hello, and good morning Alex.
Speaker 1: Happy Thursdy not shopping.
Speaker 3: I did still do that.
Speaker 1: It was a big thing when I was a kid. I remember month.
Speaker 2: You're right, it did used to be a big things in the past.
Speaker 1: Hey, just hearing in the news. So Voss has got the job.
Speaker 2: He's stood in the job at Carton after a five hour emergency crisis meeting. If I'm Michael Voss, I'm going do you know what stuff? Five hours? He must feel so wanted five hours? So why are they looking at You can google how it's gone on and then have a out about performance and anythink he might go on next year?
Speaker 1: Right with who's coming in, who's going? But five hours it's a bit match, isn't it.
Speaker 2: God, you just want to get out of there after that's probably said, you know what, you can keep the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to go home. I just want to get out of here. Five hours a long time, isn't it? Yes?
Speaker 4: And watching MutS Cleary on seven years last night out the front there look who I'd say Jack Gilvanni would have been mentioned as well, where he's going? Essendon has just come in the latest suitor the Western Bulldogs. Collin would of course looking at him. That would have come up I did, so they would have taken up a probably two or three hours.
Speaker 1: Just on that, just on that. But you think they break for snacks because I know what it's like. You know what it's like.
Speaker 2: If you're in a boardroom for any amount of time or any meeting for like even more than an hour, you need to the blood sugar levels get low.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're going to have to have a take away.
Speaker 2: But that then it'll probably like who wants Chinese?
Speaker 1: Actually we had that we had.
Speaker 2: Out home Monday or last week Indian thank you, unless it's just butter chicken. And that would have taken an hour to trying to get any agreement on what takeout they're going to get. Poor Voss imagine like he's looking at his phone. Nothing, I'm definitely getting fine. One am. Where did they start? He gets woken up. Hey, listen, great news, you've got the job.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy. It took us five hours to.
Speaker 4: Back you ye're not exactly like a stamp of approval time hours. Yeah, not to mention the coffee catch ups with Graham right the incoming scenes of Carlton, and he was snapped the other day doing that. He does that once a week apparently, Bossy and Grahame, So what are they doing? What are they chatting about week in week out? So it's it's very interesting at Carlton. Maybe they're getting the jump Melbourne. I'm saying the days on firing their coach to get ahead.
Speaker 1: Of the DS have really kicked started everything.
Speaker 2: If you're a coach, right and you're not in and if you're not going to make the finals and you get a message going, can you pop into the front office this week?
Speaker 1: You're going this week's bad, you know, and actually looking.
Speaker 2: Ahead over the next four weeks or so, Wide Open, Wide Open.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's been a very big, dramatic week in the world of footy and Johann to go back into it now and it's not the kind of guy I am, but Rio is just saying before the show he's still pretty angry with what happened two days ago when we were beaten by our lightweight rivals Triple M to the big story about Simon Goodwin that broke at six am and we reported at nine am.
Speaker 1: But look we've dealt with that.
Speaker 2: So to prove himself on week three, the new guy, Alex Cunning came back strong yesterday after the show. All the team, we had five hour crisis meeting about you. And you've got the backing of this board. You've got the Actually Voss should know my time is up if they ever say you've got the backing of the board.
Speaker 1: Actually, poor Simon Goodwin.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, Brad Green said he's got the full backing of the board. Epl update your LinkedIn profile. They're coming for you in moment the board. Those weasels have got you. You know you're they've already found a replacement, because you ever know that the border backing me know that my time is done.
Speaker 1: Guys, one last show. That's all. Even get that out of minute.
Speaker 4: And if ever the word stability comes, yes it's stable.
Speaker 1: If you're saying it's stable, it's not stable.
Speaker 2: Nothing in sport has ever stable or life either. But you rally back strong yesterday because the guy's at the top of the wish list apparently for the D's is a great coach, lormieh Now you know him, and so you sent him a message yesterday which is this is good scoop, you're on the case right now.
Speaker 1: What did he say? So he said nothing. He ignored me completely.
Speaker 4: I even dropped the fact that I've started to support his Caangers, his club that he won the ninety nine premiership with on no Knees Bustard Knees hoisted the trophy.
Speaker 1: He'd been wanting to do that for so long.
Speaker 4: And I said, hey, hey, hey, Johnny Horse, I'm supporting the Caangers.
Speaker 2: You didn't actually phrase it like that, because straight awon't going who is this lick special?
Speaker 1: You'll also be pleased up.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna read it now to be pleased to know that we've chosen to support the Kangars.
Speaker 1: The only way is up. I'm reading that right. I'm going.
Speaker 2: Delete crickets. You know that what where you go to delete and it goes delete and report.
Speaker 1: I'm going both actually to your authorities. Some crazy journal I wasn't the only one I texted. You must have been ringing off the hook.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, and he did go on Fox forty last night.
Speaker 1: He returned there. Cool, didn't he it's a small cable network. He's also paid probably paid for that way. Well.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't want to sort of flex here, but I swap messages yesterday with the outgoing coach sim.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: And actually, over the last couple of years he's been so kind to this show. We did a thing about four years ago now called One Last Game, and we've got a load of listeners that actually were very good back in the day when they were teenagers and kids and could have gone all the way, but this life gets in the way. All they get injured. We formed a team of them and they played a team of former pros.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We had Shane Crawford was the cut well italics coach of our average shows the listeners, right, and then it was Dermy.
Speaker 1: Dermy did an incredible job.
Speaker 2: I mean this non stop banter from Dermy from the Boundary Loan when they did all the ex pros and we had a it was stacked the expro so its Cam Mooney really was there? Yes, the revolt, Yes, yeah, yeah, they all shut up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, head I'm.
Speaker 5: Running headbut taking on just average jos but also kind of awesome to see it as well. But anyway, we took the listeners when we because we just recruited them over the phone and took their word for it. In decent shape to play. We told them the d said that Goody would stay on after one of his days coaching and do a session for two hours with these guys.
Speaker 1: And they loved it. Unfortunately, had to go to Casey Fields.
Speaker 2: That noder, that poor club that's had a rough couple of years even could eat the press conference, said he won't miss the drive.
Speaker 1: Every gray cloud has.
Speaker 5: Got a silver lining me, he said, don'tother got a Casey Fields.
Speaker 1: He just dropped that in the way.
Speaker 2: It didn't he Yes, it's a bleak old place out there. I think even if you had a team of killers, it's going to eat at work. You're soul every week going out there. But anyway, he made these he made our listeners feel like champs. Having said that, though so it was supposed to be he mark for two hours. When he saw the state of the walking wounded, it was like a sort of triage tent at the First World War. These guys are said on the phone. Put me in the ring guy, I'm ready to go. We saw him after twenty minutes. He got his old coach's whistler and went pulled me on my Christian, there's actually nothing more I can do.
Speaker 1: Because this was the warm up. He's looking around. There's people like throwing up, gassing.
Speaker 2: Freedom like jogs him in for a two hour walk and commenting the tongue out and said that I can't do any more training with these some athletes. So he's always been very kind to the show. And I've been to a lot of games and seeing Goodie there. One thing through's speaking to a lot of people yesterday at the club is like universally loved at the club and by the players as well. And if you saw the universal love coming out yesterday from the plays, that doesn't mean it's not a bold and the right decision to do. But I sent Goodie messages to thank him for what it done for the show over the years and support and stuff like that. He sent a lovely message back, and he'd also seen the news about the show this week and said congratulations. But I love this fact. This is what classy guy Simmon Goodwin is. His last line was Godie's Oh love, do you know like you've just been publicly humiliated and fired, made to go and do that press conference and sit in front of it with Brad and then you can steal privately.
Speaker 1: You must be so humiliated.
Speaker 2: And her especially was like we were this close to turning it all around, which is a bit like when the boxer gets counted out in a boxing fight.
Speaker 1: We're like, mate, you're out on your feet.
Speaker 2: I almost had it if he hadn't punched me and knocked me out.
Speaker 1: Oh I was just ten more seconds. I would have gone in there, but I thought, what a classy thing to do.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell sharp go On podcast