Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. I am so in the doghouse, I really am. Uh so. One of my daughters was pressurizing me to you know, it's like Patsy see, always just under pressure. There's no delay, there's no sort of delayed gratification. It's now. They better live in the internal present. They're very e cart told, they're very the power of now. Anytime I get a message, it's like, can you pick me up? I don't even say when I'm already leaving the house. It's like now, they don't even presume you'll have plans the mountain times I've just had to leave the gym mid workout. I've just got there to go and get a kid from somewhere. Anyway, so they're going it's school shirt now, and so I was. I didn't. I started try and get the ironing board out, which is a nightmare just getting out because it's like joy shoved somewhere is it's never in a convenient place, and says we haven't got time for that. I need it now. So I just laid a towel down on the dining table. I need to explain, Okay, the dining table we we it's shipped over is very important to my wife.
Speaker 2: And it's a beautiful table.
Speaker 1: It's a lovely table, right, and we've had it like fifteen years. Every single photo of like the girls having a birthday party at home in an old house is all around that table. We've had kitchen at Christmas dinners on that table, New Year's celebrations. It's a big part of our family that my wife loves the table. You're not allowed to put a hot drink down there without a coaster. Who certainly aren't allowed to put a flipping grape steamline.
Speaker 2: Traditionally they are hotter than a.
Speaker 1: Hot tea hotter steam iron and a love flimsy towel, and like home, working in the dry and cleaners. And of course I didn't realize what was happening underneath it. I was making my own kind of turin shroud on that table. There is a big, vivid stain. I guess I must have steamed the wagons off. You've seen it.
Speaker 3: I have seen it.
Speaker 1: It's an ugly, as my wife said, ugly vivid stay. It's rather big too, a huge so as you can imagine, this is put a little bit of a damna over life generally. That weekend, Sarah actually said, I'm even want to go out this weekend. Life will be okay. I reckon if I said, listen, I've just had some terrible news Altorf and it got like a couple of weeks ago. But we can do about that stain. It's typical you're going to die. So obviously there's been a lot of people giving me what I call home remedies. I don't know if any of these work. I mean some of the comments, samear it with mayo, leave it for a few hours overnight, Trust me, it works. How is mayonnaise going to work?
Speaker 2: I mean, you've taken the top layer of it off.
Speaker 1: You need you to help me out right now. I know what I've done you in this morning. I saw it at five am. It's there. The moment you walk into the kitchen and go, oh god, it's there.
Speaker 2: I think the only thing you can do is strip the whole table of the wax and then start over the top of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why how do you even do that?
Speaker 2: Take the iron to the whole the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It should try out? Fine, I had this happened to me. You just leave it and the spot was gone. Nothing ever gets better by just being left alone.
Speaker 2: That's how I try to fix everything.
Speaker 1: Try rubbing the side of a walnut into the wood grains? What are these medieval cures? Iron? Again, gentle heat, no steam user to tell steamers what got you into this mess? So steam's what's going to get you out of it?
Speaker 2: All right, Dad, it's definitely not gonna work.
Speaker 1: You could try furniture restorers oil. Where would I it gets? I've done enough damage? Where am I going to find that sand it back? Restain it? Try that? Christian? What about buying I've got an ironing border. K These comments aren't happening. If there is anyone listened to Liz who actually has got some ideas that don't involve mayonnaise or rubbing a walnut on it, please call me. What can I do to save the weekend of my life? This is the Christian o'commel show podcast. How can I get a big stain out of a wooden table? I put an iron on it? Not just I didn't obviously put the iron on it. If you just tuned in, I did have a layering down of a towel. Because I'm not a fool.
Speaker 2: It must have been a very thin tail.
Speaker 1: It was, it was a very thick tail. Guys, I need you to back me up on this today. Christian, just heard your dilemma. I'm a qualified furniture maker that can easily solve your problem. But in return, you wanted to cook me a barbecue lunch, preferably lamb cutlets, and buy me a carton of beer. All right, Lee Mandalaid Custom Furniture. How about you just come around and do it? Why have I got to do it all this? We lamb cutlets for lunch, Christian. Strangely, rubbing walnuts can work because of the oil they contain. I use them on scratches on timber floorboards. That comes from Jody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're not talking about a scratch, a big cuts, a.
Speaker 1: Huge, big, ugly stain. Jeff, Good morning, Christian, Jeff. Can you save my life and my weekend? What can I do?
Speaker 4: I had exactly the same thing happened to my dining table, and the stain was there for years, and I tried everything to get rid of it, and the friend suggested just running a hedge while over it, very slowly, and it actually took off. And I've never had it back.
Speaker 1: So what with the hair do I do? Jeff? What would you get rid.
Speaker 4: Of the Yeah, that's something we was getting it out from underneath. It's what she just tripped underneath and it slowly comes down so it.
Speaker 1: Melts away the white stuff the stain.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly as I said. I had exactly the same thing. And we had put hot food on the table with a thin tail over it and left them period of time, and when we listed up, we had this huge white stain that was horrible and it actually worked.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? They should have warnings on these towels, shouldn't they do not use as an airport. I'm blaming the Town Manufacturer company actually, and mom was a thick tail, by the way, not a thing one like you. For the record, you're Jeff, do you know what? I've got nothing else to do, so I would try that, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: A brainer.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the question, you know Carl Show podcast, Christian. When my daughter was got as younger, we'd commissioned a one direction birthday cake made for her. Getting out of the car, I managed to chop Harry Stars's head off, ruined it.
Speaker 2: Oh age that reminds me. Actually, the first time you guys came over to our house, do you remember you? You daughter made a pavlof and the German shepherd stepped in the pavlova in the back of the car.
Speaker 1: Is very temperamental, baker, my daughter. Do you whan they try to blame it on me? My daughter? It was because I wasn't watching the dog. I didn't know who was going to stand in a pavlova. It's a dog, all right. What did you ruin, Hailey? I ruined a carpet trying to get bubblegum out. I remember my mum told me a paper bank and a line can remove wax al gum from clothes. So I tried it on a cheap synthetic carpet. The result was a rather large melted circle of carpet in the middle of our living room. Christian, I remember trying to super glue my moccasin sole back on to my shoe. I thought we had a great idea to put my foot on the ground to act as to the weight while it dried. Include the whole thing to the carpet. Let's do super glue stories next week. There'll be so many mishaps you've had using superglue. Karen, I ruin my high school winter skirt standing too close to the heater, burnt a massive hole in the back of it. Didn't get a new one though, Mom just patched it up. Not embarrassing at all to weren't a skirt with a massive patch on the back of the eye. Do you remember patches? Yeah, my mom would just do that. So if you were like put your knees through like a pair of jeans, you would just have patches put on them. You don't get kids on it because you've got rights, now, human rights. You can't just patch patch it up. Fine, get back out there.
Speaker 3: They had a kit and there'd be buttons and zip. But mother's so nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, patches. What did you ruin?
Speaker 2: Jack my headphones? You know, the AirPod buds. Yeah, I'm getting him mixed up with anchors one. So I wanted to paint mine so I could tell them apart easily, I thought. I taped them up tightly in the areas.
Speaker 1: That the paint glossy. So what were you going to use like a special paint?
Speaker 2: No, I was using the leftover paint from the kitchen semi on your AirPods. So I taped up the end so the paint was seepin, and dipped them in the paint and they looked really good. But then the problem was they stopped working. So I guess I didn't tape it well enough.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what have you ruined?
Speaker 3: I ruined Chris's front lawn once. Chris used to really pride himself on the front lawn. He do you know, like the criss crossers and.
Speaker 2: He was like, he's carving out the mcg It.
Speaker 3: Was like a hobby for him. And he used to cut the what did you do for hobby? No, he loved it. You'd get out there, he'd love it, take great pride in it. He'd even cut the edges with scissors.
Speaker 1: And the royal flowers shows.
Speaker 3: I swearssors.
Speaker 1: Out there and a ruler and when those squares to get the angles right, he's combing it as well with his hair comb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love them. Anyway, he went he was away one weekend. I thought, you know what, I'll surprise him one myself because he hadn't had time to do it.
Speaker 1: If it's his hobby, you don't have a go at something.
Speaker 3: Indeed, anyway, the mole was on the lowest setting. I didn't realize it had settings anyway, So I did the first couple of rows, and I realized it was too low because it was down to the clay there was.
Speaker 1: Suddenly it's bald? Is it?
Speaker 2: It was bald?
Speaker 1: He wasn't get it worse than a busker? Did he say when he got when he saw it, MO, my god, my hobby, he said, don't help. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast