Speaker 1: Hello, it's me the gorgeous, intelligent and talented artsimone. I'm in a quest to find people that look very normal and seem like the average person, except they're not. They're concealing something that makes them stand out from the crowd. Each episode, I'll meet with a regular seeming person and try to uncover what weird profession, creepy hobby, or dirty little secret they're concealing. The catch is I don't know who the guest is or what they're concealing. I'll get to know them, ask them three questions, and then we will find out together. Welcome to Concealed with Arts swermone. Oh, I think our guest is here roll the type.
Speaker 2: Hello. I'm Jilly. I live in Melbourne and I work as a mental health crisis supporter. I mainly work with university student So before I did that, i was living and working in Spain as a chef. And I'm also a musician. I had a blues band and I love reading and I draw as well. Drawing is one of my main passions.
Speaker 1: Hello, Jillie, love me to meet you. Welcome to the studio. You've come in looking absolutely beautiful. That you're as suave black on black on black is what you're wearing today, which is basically the uniform of people from Melbourne. So you were assimilating with us wonderfully. Yes, you're here is wonderful. You got some lovely purple eyes shadow on? What color your nails?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Purple?
Speaker 3: Good? Is purple your favorite color? Can you tell? I cracked it practic.
Speaker 1: We don't need to ask any questions. She's grimis, she's premis from McDonald's. I've worked it out in disguise. All right, So let's go through some things. You work with university students, my health support. Do you work with like a particular uni or can I like call it a hotline and go.
Speaker 3: Hey, Julie, just want to chat what's going on?
Speaker 1: And you say, I'm busy, all right, I'm out at a restaurant because I'm in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Stop calling me exactly. Sometimes maybe I wish I could do that. I know right now.
Speaker 2: We actually, we actually are a small team and we cover about twenty three universities all over Australia.
Speaker 3: Wow, now, have you been to university? No? I love it, though it'd be like I have no, I love it.
Speaker 2: Say no, I have been to university university's life there you go.
Speaker 1: No, but think if I had a bunch of university students calling me, I wouldn't know what they are they're talking about.
Speaker 3: They'd be like, oh my, I don't even know what a lingo is. Okay.
Speaker 1: An ex chef, yes, Now when you say exit, sounds like you have been like removed from the chef like knighthood. They've said no more, jilly. You know, you served one meal that was bad, and they say, but tell me about being chef.
Speaker 3: Or an X chift? Sorry X chift? What was What was your posty resistance?
Speaker 2: Something? Probably very simple, like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm really good at cereal. That's pretty good. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: You know there's a technique in the pouring.
Speaker 1: Well, it's aorts of the ratio because you wanted to stay crunchy long enough.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh you're good. Yeah, it's very and the milk temperature. It is.
Speaker 1: Also multi talent a singer, yeah, oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: And you have a blues ban and blue is my favorite color. So I reckon.
Speaker 1: All right, So I've got a bit of history. Okay, Now I've got three questions for you. Question number one, what is your favorite thing?
Speaker 3: To draw.
Speaker 4: Ooh, my favorite thing to draw. I do have a fascination with hands.
Speaker 3: Hands.
Speaker 1: I think it's like deep but okay, hands, you love to draw hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did have a little bit of thing about hands.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Question number two, what is an essential part of your daily routine?
Speaker 2: Essential part of my daily routine would be to go walking in nature.
Speaker 1: When you say walking in nature, do you mean you have to go out into like the bush or you just mean like going outside, going for a walk.
Speaker 2: She's going outside going okay, yeah, but I mean I do try and head towards some greenery somewhere, you know, like just so I can immerse myself.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And question number three, question what are you currently reading?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, I'm currently reading a book called Rewild. It's about people's experiences and adventures and how it influences their life.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, book about adventures Charlie Brown, something like that. Okay, let's summarize what I've got going, because I'll admit sometimes I've got a very big incline.
Speaker 3: Today I am so lost.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, ex chef, does it like to stay in the same place? Can sing? Loves hands? Likes to leave the house and likes adventure books. Okay, now, the only thing that I can put together is the regular job, and that's all I can guess. So I'm going to be asking Julie, are you a travel agent?
Speaker 3: That's like together? No?
Speaker 2: No, I'm a psychic parmist. I read people's hands. I also read the tarot cards. I'm a tarost and I've been doing it professionally for over thirty years.
Speaker 3: You're a psychic, yes, Sally. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I usually say people, I'm really telepathetic. I can get things, but I got nothing. You should have put some of those ideas in my head out right, like hands.
Speaker 3: I get her.
Speaker 1: Oh, you should have just said palms, damn it, damn it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: So it turns out that Jillie is not in fact a travel agent. She is a psychic palmist. Yes, a palmist? How does that even work? Is someone talking to her right now?
Speaker 3: Are there more people in the room? I want to know? Also, how much hand sanitized does she go through?
Speaker 1: All Right, we're here with Jili, and I found out that you were not, in fact a traveler.
Speaker 3: No, my love, I'm not a traveler. You're a what's the correct terminology.
Speaker 2: You are a well, I would say I was a psychic parmist.
Speaker 3: A parmist. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 1: A parmis. It makes me think of a parmesana chef. It's making sense. Now, You're like, I'm not cooking chicken today, I'm cooking palms parmasana. Okay, so a psychic parmas I have never met a psychic parmis before.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: How did you get started into the world of psychic psychic parmastro.
Speaker 2: I mean, I suppose in some ways I'm quite lucky because I was given it as a gift, if you like. It was brought down for my family. I didn't really recognize it and really want to do and while I was in my late twenties. But yeah, it's a natural thing. But also I developed it. I learned skills. I went to Psychic College in London for five years.
Speaker 3: What, yes, psychic college.
Speaker 2: Yes, the College of Psychic Oh, school.
Speaker 3: For psyche there's a school for us.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 3: There's quite a few colleges like that. Actually really yeah, yeah? What was psychic school?
Speaker 2: Like? You know, Oh my god, that was amazing. You just meet the most incredible people, and it expands your horizons, you know, and you just yeah, you just immerse in this other world, alternative world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, developing skills.
Speaker 1: It's no different to someone teaching you how to use your voice to sing exactly.
Speaker 3: It's just psych.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you get more confidence? It's about it builds your confidence. So you know, the more you do, the more you're learning. And you know, you sort of testing your skills as well.
Speaker 1: Is it test a really long thing? Like you read someone and then you have to wait like six months ago.
Speaker 2: Will No, you do exercises, you know, like development exercises, or you know, you'd we'd do things like you'd sit in the chair and then you'd swap chairs and you'd sit in the chair that other person was in, but you'd read their vibration like crazy things like that, you know. Or you'd hold a flower and then you'd give that flower to the next person and then they'd read it. Or you do certain things like you'd give someone a piece of jewelry of yours and then you'd do you'd read their jewelry and stuff like that, so you know, and you do it in the moment so you could tell you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, it was a gift for you. That opens up my brain going, well, is it something you can learn to do? Does everyone have something that they can learn to tap into or.
Speaker 2: I mean it's an interesting one in terms of how we are, how we're brought into this world, and we're brought into the world and we're taught how to be practical, you know, I call it the right handed We taught the practical elements, but actually we're all very intuitive. That's that's part of our nature. We're just naturally intuitive, but we're not taught how to do that. So that's why you got a psychic coverage.
Speaker 3: Yes I did.
Speaker 2: I went to psychic University and yes, over the years, I have my thirty ye old plus years of doing this. You know, I've just learned how to use that other little quiet skill that you know, we're not taught.
Speaker 1: So what made you discover that you had this? Like, did you did your mom sit you down.
Speaker 3: And go you will be a psychic? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How did it work for you to then go on the road to psychic school? What's like, what's the steps in between?
Speaker 2: So when I was growing up, I grew up between Jamaica and the UK.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So when I was growing up and did part of my growing up in Jamaica, my grandmother would tell me things and show me things, and she was actually called an obia woman. So an obia woman in Jamaica is someone who does like natural herbalism, but also they've got a little whichy vibe to.
Speaker 3: Them as well.
Speaker 2: And I grew up with that. She would pick me up when I was little, literally, I mean carry me, and she'd pick up her machete, you know this big big knives, right, and she'd pick me up, throw me on her hip, pick up her machelle.
Speaker 3: And she was beautiful.
Speaker 2: She was what we call my latter She was black. She had black, dark black black skin, and she had blue eyes, so she really stunning. Yeah, she was beautiful. She has piercing blue eyes and black black skin. So when she looked at you, it was really scary. She would yeah, like seriously, like, don't mess with this woman. So she would throw me on her hip, pick up a machette, and then she'd say, come on, I'm going to take you into the bush, right, and my mom would go, don't take my child, and she'd say, shut up, she has to come and she has to learn right. And then she would take me and I was like ten or eleven, and she would take me and this take me up into the bush and then she'd show me things. Not that I remembered that much because I was teeny. You go into her house and she'd always have something boiling on the stove. It's always a bit dodger.
Speaker 3: What are you cooking up? People cooking up myths. It's a lot more starting them.
Speaker 2: She'd have all this stuff, and she'd have all these bottles and yeah, it's just beautiful. And then she'd have people just coming into the house all the time, and they'd be coming for healing, you know. So they'd go to traditional doctors and they wouldn't get healed or they wouldn't find their solutions, and then they'd just come to my grandmother. One of the things I started to do when I actually started working, first off, is that I would people say, well, you know, I've heard that you can do this thing jile, And I was like, yeah, I've just got this ability to sit and connect. So I just say to people, come and sit with me, which is what my grandmother would do. So I said, yeah, just come sit with me and we'd talk and then I'd use some of my practical skills on my Palmestree or my Taro cards. But majority of the time I'm just tuning.
Speaker 1: I wonder you're a good chef as well, from boiling from boiling on the on the stove in Jamaica to hear.
Speaker 3: Skills passed down. My family didn't really pass much down to me. What do you get passed down?
Speaker 1: Worry, overthinking everything, that's what passes down in my family.
Speaker 4: Jeez.
Speaker 3: So you you'd already been hinted to that world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. My grandma would just look at me and go, you have my eyes and you can see you know, things, And I'd just like, really, I wasn't interested. I was interesting in boys.
Speaker 3: That's nice. Can you see a boyfriend for me?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: That's all I want to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, So was there a specific thing or a series of events that made you go.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think I might have a little a little.
Speaker 2: Skill actually know what I still do that now, even thirty years later. Yeah, I still get shocked. Okay what I'm reading or you know, I work online majority of the time now, so I have clients all of the world. So you could be in India and I'm reading for you.
Speaker 3: How can you get through the internet that.
Speaker 2: It's not through the internet, it's through me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, it's all intuitive, right, So if I have your name, I can just read.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, because I've always understood you know, like with palm reading. Yeah, like okay, well you're touching, you can see yeah, yeah, yeah, you know feel because I'm a big believer in like energy, right, okay, especially when you're in the space with someone.
Speaker 3: But like it's just you can just hear it, know someone's name and you can yeah really yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm what they call Claire audience. So I hear my information. But Claire audiency isn't It isn't the simplicity of just like you hearing a voice. It actually comes in the realms of feeling. So it's it's a little bit different. You kind of feel information. What I have to do is I have to put it into language. I have to put words to it. So I will sometimes I will literally hear somebody like I will hear voice and someone talking, and then other times I'll just get a feeling. But then I have to turn it into language. So as two things kind of happen at the same time. It's pretty weird interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard to pull apart. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It's such a different expression. It's such a different world.
Speaker 3: You're a translator, yeah.
Speaker 2: You are. You become the conduit, like for energy, so you know, things come in and you're just that little conduit where the energy comes through and then you have to translate it. Sometimes, if I'm sitting with someone, if I'm reading their hands, I'm also connecting to them as well. So i'm holding someone's hand, I will be connecting and reading your energy. So yeah, there's a lot of things all happening at the same time.
Speaker 1: What happens is someone like me when I've got two names, I'm curious, Yeah, because I've got a name for art to the moment, I've got a name for me out of drag.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't kind of matter really or maybe like it just as long as you identify with it. If it's your name, then you identify with it. That's all that's important.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, maybe you could tap into art and you'd be like very sore feet, tap into my boy name Jack and be like tired. I don't know, maybe they've got different traits, different moods. I've always been fascinated, but I'm scared because I don't like the unknown, and I'm like, I'm very in my like everything is organized and what's happening, like everything laid out a plus big or see done. Really, So I'm terrified because I also hate bad news. Is there any times when you're reading where you're like, oh, this isn't very good because there's your whole.
Speaker 2: Difficult difficult moments. Yeah, of course, you know, it's like it's life, you know. You know where the skill is as a reader is that you're able to give the information to that person in a way that it you know, it doesn't harm or hurt you know, you give it in a way that helps them to understand that situation or how they can manage it better. You know, so you have to be really diplomatic, but yeah, you can find a way to communicate with someone if something is difficult or coming up or challenging, you know, you find a way to just give them the information that it doesn't harm them, but it helps them to manage it, which is the reason they call in you, you know what I mean, it's got to be there scared. Yeah, yeah, but it's like it's truth, you know. And it's like I often say the clients like, I'm not telling you stuff you don't already know true, you know, like people kind of go, oh, it's all mystic and it has got magic and it is beautiful. But at the end of the day, I'm not telling you anything that you don't already feel and you don't reason to know. What I do is I put it on the table right and make it and make you look at it, Look at it, take a good look at it.
Speaker 3: Come on, well, I guess it's true.
Speaker 1: It's also like tapping into something that they may subconsciously be wanting to address or think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll think about it and you pull stuff out and it's and it's you know, it has a beauty about it, yeah, you know, and it's lovely. And that's what I love about this work. You go on these incredible journeys with people. It's intimate and unique, and they you step into someone's world, you know, I step into your well for half an hour. And I say that sometimes my clients I'm looking at their hands like I'm going to do your whole life right from whenever that is, I mean from not to fifty, Say you're fifty years old, I'm going to do you from not to fifty and half an hour, Like really give me some space, like really, don't expect any.
Speaker 3: Miracles like bam. Yeah, And I've got to.
Speaker 2: Hit it straight on where the struggle is or where the challenge is or what we need to address. I've got to hit it in half an hour. Can you imagine then, from my suspective as a reader, how much pressure that is? Right, I've got to find it and I've got to address it and hopefully give some guidance in your life structure in half an hour.
Speaker 3: What if someone doesn't want guidance? What color do I have around me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not your reader, so to go to.
Speaker 1: You specifically for like life guidance, Yeah, I mean that's what I'm good at.
Speaker 3: That scary, isn't it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? Have you ever touched someone's hand and then got an electric shock? Like damn it? Just like just like like you know, a serious moment and some person's been rubbing their feet on the carpet.
Speaker 3: You're like, could you not please serious moments? Okay?
Speaker 1: Well, I think The only way to end this will be to ask you to read my giant part.
Speaker 3: I'm sweaty and glittery. You can see.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look at those little myths.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't say a little beautiful little mits you've got.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you need constant stimulation, all right. You're you get bored really easily, really fast, So you've got to be stimulated. You need lots of interaction like constant. Okay, you've got a lovely heartline.
Speaker 3: I like this, and.
Speaker 2: You have this ability to hold people in a very very special, unique way with your heart. I love that. So it also tells me about the elements of your imagination as well, so in terms of your stimulation. For you, anything in the realms of fantasy is also a really big thing.
Speaker 3: Look at that. M m m mmm.
Speaker 2: There is one thing that is for absolute sure is that whatever happens, you've got to be the boss.
Speaker 3: Wel you.
Speaker 1: Well, that was Jilly, and no she's not a travel agent, although she's done all that crazy shit all her life. She's in fact a psychic palmist, so she's been traveling a whole different world psychedelic baby. But the good news is I'm the boss, always have been, always will be.
Speaker 3: It's written in.
Speaker 1: The stars on my palm, you've been listening to an iHeart and Kiss production concealed with artsimone.
Speaker 3: Listen for free on the.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio app and listen to your arts content. And don't forget to check us out on the socials where you can have a go at reading me.
Speaker 3: I dare you go on read me.
Speaker 1: Momma.
Speaker 4: Yes,