Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart.
Speaker 2: App Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Good morning Pats, Yeah, good e?
Speaker 2: How a bit dusty today?
Speaker 1: What did you go out last night?
Speaker 2: No, not in that sense, Okay.
Speaker 1: I actually feel very sorry for Pats, and I was leaving a gap there for you Alex and Uia to apologize the Pats parts has been parts has been boundy let down by you two scoundrels.
Speaker 2: Actually talk about the Titanic, these two, what happened to women and children? First in the lifeboats? Sarah Jy, our magnificent show manager, and I were left stranded at the Sydney Airport the other night by these two who decided to take an earlier flight.
Speaker 1: I could't believe when I was born in my flight that I was booked on the seven thirty one Sunday. These two chances, we're hanging around the gate go we mastually get on this and I was like, all right, where's Pats? And then then there was a lot of awkwardness. So where is Pats?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 1: Oh, she's been moved to a later flight at ten PM. So I just need to rewhind if you're wondering what's happened. And tensions are high right now, and we've got just over two weeks left on the year, and it's like a band that's been on a very long world tour where you know you're not there's tension and cracks already there. And what happened Wednesday Tuesday in Sydney was nasty and it's your issue to make good repats. So we weren't here Tuesday morning and throughout the day, we didn't do Tuesday show. We were in Sydney. We all left very early Tuesday morning and I want to fly and I didn't know planes flying a quarter to six in the morning. I thought that they started after quarter to six. And so we had a full day filming. We were filming a TV advert for the show for next year because we're going national from jen next year and so we're filming in Sydney and so we were there all day and the flight bag was at seven thirty nights, so I was when we got to Sydney Airport to come back home to Melbourne on Tuesday night, I was getting onto a seven thirty flight, and you'll, I don't know why they put you on a Jetstar one for eight o'clock thirty.
Speaker 3: Actually I do know.
Speaker 1: It's not my business. And how this company, how this company allocates resources and looks after what I call major stakeholders. But issue with.
Speaker 2: Me dogs in the plane. It's almost like, here's your here's your pin pats in.
Speaker 1: You go just shocking at that's what Alex and Rio did. Yeah, okay, so how did you two even get on a different airline?
Speaker 3: We know people the optics aren't great that we went to the airport together and they.
Speaker 1: Tell me this, did Alex call lambo mate? That is now quanto mate? That was my next option.
Speaker 3: Our flight was delayed till ten o'clock, which is a very very big delay. Then I've never seen this version of Alex. Alex goes into this kind of TV mode where he turns on the schmoos and the charm. He calls the sort of company, trust people he got, He's got people, he knows people, and then he manages to get two seats on an earlier flight.
Speaker 1: Sophie's choice. Who did he give that? The two slots? Too? Well? One is obviously to himself. Of course, those masks on your own face on the plane.
Speaker 3: I say, hey, Patsy Sarah, if you want.
Speaker 1: Alex was there when he kind of protesting from Rio, it was there, was there was a crucial detail. Two had already checked their bags in. They couldn't get their bags off the plane in time to get the plant. The next one, miny detail.
Speaker 2: I say, miny details women and children first. Oh no, and Rio said, oh, Patson, Sarah, one of you, you know, but he didn't mean it because he's kind of looking at the floor.
Speaker 3: It was like, we'll stick around, please say do stick around?
Speaker 1: Please? No, no, we don't want to go.
Speaker 3: And as soon as we got to no, you guys go, we're like, okay.
Speaker 2: And we did not see them for dust do you should have seen them?
Speaker 1: This is horrible, having a really nice bonding experience. I can't believe we're going to get to do this next year. What a great end to an amazing year. We're lucky to have this experience. It's a really nice bonding experience. We're all in this TV advert together and then we just it all just fell apart from you guys.
Speaker 2: Broke up the bear.
Speaker 1: There's no, they are KOs Ye, there's.
Speaker 3: No point everybody going down with the ship. We need to put some people.
Speaker 2: Do you know what time I got home?
Speaker 1: I don't want to know. One twelve o'clock.
Speaker 2: That plane pulled up to that too, and well you were tucked in with your little armies and there.
Speaker 1: I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, the count the dog was there. What happened? Had the game not the place exactly? Now there's a part two we need to talk about next because one of the team had to break into my house to check in on my dog, Christian O'Connell show podcast. So the other thing we need to talk about is Tuesday. It's about four o'clock during the day filming an a random suburb in Sydney that apparently been chosen because it was very flat and yet it was the most hilly hilly's part of Sydney. We were way above sea level, we were high er.
Speaker 3: It's literally called the hills, Yes, Ulcombe Hills.
Speaker 1: It was awful slopey, yeah, Walcombe Hills. And they were like, we have to film somewhere where it's very flat. It had a slope that entire road a huge gradient and also by the way, so we were in Sydney when we were filming on Tuesday, it was like thirty three degrees and we were filming all day on the.
Speaker 2: Road community it was about three hundred and that is that.
Speaker 1: Huge camera light on me and I just had to work in a way I'm not used to. The talking and walking is surprisingly tricky. You know, we see people do it effortlessly on TV, like Jeremy Claranson does it incredibly well. But they were like, can you take four steps side, look to the camera, say if you're not looking for a radio show, walk two more steps, look at the funk camera, and then deliver the next two lines. And I was like, I didn't know what the first was and I was just thinking, just try best. And then they would go, can we just do that again this time take two and a half steps, and stuff like what human can be programmed like this? We can barely do it sat moving and talking. Oh my god, that's so tricky. But anyway, I get a message from my wife. Now, my wife and daughters are in Dubai this week seeing my wife's sister who lives there, and about four o'clock. Our time my wife is obviously waking up is eight am in Dubai and says you back home? And no, no, I told you I'm not until seven thirty flight. And suddenly then and they're about to go and we're rolling speeding Take nineteen and I see this, woo. I don't know the dog, nothing about how are you coping in this heat? What's it like working or set where there's over fifty crew all staring at you and nothing about me? She says, Oh the god the dog Reggie would have been alone by it all day. And I said, listen, Tina, Liz to produce a Tina there's about ten minutes away in Bentley, ask if she'd be kind enough to come around, pop in and see the dog. Then I'm like, I can't deal with this, Tina, you poor thing. You need to pick up the story, Paul, did you know this, Pats, Tina went around to my house, broke in, broke in to see the cat regg and meet Larry the cat.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I did get a fraggick text from Sarah with your codes to come into your house and one.
Speaker 1: Of four point three. Don't tell anyone.
Speaker 4: I have the codes but yes, I got a fraggic text to just go hang out with a dog for twenty minutes. And then I said, you want me to feed him? She's like yes, So I had to feed him, hung out, broke into your house and spent time with your dog and your cat.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for doing that. By the way, my wife made it really odd, said to Tina, feel free to put the TV and make yourself at home and just hang around for a couple of hours until Christian gets back. Without telling me. Do you imagine if like I just keept like, oh my god, it's gonna a beer and go to sleep. I'm like, woman, she's the first time, Tina. Yeah, just watching math. So make yourself at home, you know, because Tina is a very proud Greek lady. I was hoping that there'd be some sort of on the stove bubbling is it in a slow cooker? And spent a cop and oh my god, I thought there'd been a life mousaka freshly baked in the oven. Nothing, Tina, you left me nothing to be silly.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even cook for myself.
Speaker 1: That kind of stuff. Is it strange that you just had to break in and just snoop around my house.
Speaker 4: It was changed. All the doors were clothed, and I was like, oh, do I pete? But I didn't.
Speaker 3: No one tells you this in the job interview, that you might actually have to go.
Speaker 1: To break into his house and just pat his cat and dog for ten minutes and then leave or hang out hang out to you yesterday? Did you tell Tina so hang around? As I got back, I thought might be nice you did to catch up. I was just cooked. Tina, why don't we get a takeaway kick back and hang out on the couch. She's got your pj's neighbors have then seen someone leave at half eleven at nights, some random Greek lady. Thank you, Tina. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast