Speaker 1: Laura, come on, it's the pickup your Thursday Head of the Chemist, Lareh House today, great savings every day. Hello Britain, Laura, Hello mids Cheery.
Speaker 2: It always makes me feel so happy listening to that little intro song.
Speaker 1: Well that's all you and I have when you get Brittany Hockley who's been sent a bouquet of roses to the studio. Did you see them coming in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well that's what happens when your boyfriend lives in another country they actually celebrate Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: Well do you know it's not even Valentine's Day? It literally it's a point. He's made a point which bless his soul. He's made a point of saying, I'm doing this not because I have to, because it's just a day I choose to do it.
Speaker 2: Does it mean that you get more roses come Valentine's Day next week? Bla, I hope so, yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: I don't think this. It's like when your birthday is the day before Christmas.
Speaker 4: You don't just get one present that goes for your birthday and Christmas.
Speaker 5: This is the same thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, on the show today, I have liaised with all the music labels in the country, some of the biggest beat makers in the nation. I've created a pickup song.
Speaker 2: Like an anthem.
Speaker 1: Wh're new to the airwaves, Let's introduce ourselves to the pick up listeners and it's a great way for people to learn about Britt Laura and me Mitch, and I'm going to play it for you in the world first at the end of the show to okay.
Speaker 4: Well, in more interesting news, we're also going to be speaking over this in the studio day and night. I cannot wait to hear it. And I know you have a beautiful opera voice. A lot of people don't know this about me. Thank you, but he has your opera train.
Speaker 1: You'll hear it later in the show.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 5: But that's okay.
Speaker 4: What I was saying is an arranged marriage speaking an Australian woman that's in an arranged marriage, and it's an incredibly interesting story.
Speaker 2: I always wonder are they actually in love? Like, at what point do they fall in love after having an arranged marriage. Also, something I want to talk to you guys about is that there is a Facebook group that has been designed for out in cheatahs. Know if you think that's okay. Oh men, together sisters will conquered.
Speaker 1: Oh on paget. Next, it's the pick up for your Thursday around Australia. So pick up with Britt, Laura and Midge. Got Blackmore's executive be Stress Formula two fifties available now at chemistsware House for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow directions for use.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, I have a spicy one for you. There is a new Facebook group that has popped up. There's a few of them, but the one that I wanted to tell you about is called are We Dating the Same Boyfriend? So this is a Facebook group that has been created where if you suspect that your partner's cheating on you, maybe they're having an affair, maybe it's a one night stand, whatever it is, you can go on to this Facebook group. You can put all their details in and other people who also maybe suspect that their partners in multiple relationships will go on there and they will do the investity of work for you or they will come out and say, yes, I'm also in a relationship with this person. So it's trying to out cheating.
Speaker 1: Is it for women to post about cheating boyfriends or is it vice versa? Can you post any gender?
Speaker 2: I think you can post any gender, But by large and far, the peace people posting in this group are women who are warning other women or trying to find out whether their male partners are cheating on them.
Speaker 1: This is great?
Speaker 2: Do you think it's great? Because I feel like Britt, you're gonna have a different opinion on this.
Speaker 5: I don't think this is great.
Speaker 4: No, Well, there are people taking screenshots of other people's dating profiles, putting it on and just having queries like, hey, is anyone else talking to this guy?
Speaker 5: I think that's cooked.
Speaker 1: That's different I do.
Speaker 5: And this is where my problem is.
Speaker 4: I'm all for if someone is an absolute turn burger and is like out there cheating, out there doing the wrong thing, he's abusive, he's very problematic. That is one kettle of fish, right, But there's something about this that it's very hard to police. So anyone can go and throw anyone under the bus for any reason. We all know how much how easy it is to believe a headline that's not true, to hear a rumor that's not true, and all of a.
Speaker 5: Sudden it sticks with you. So I just don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: I'm straddled in both sides of the camp here, okay, because one side of me is like, as someone who has been cheated on in the past, there's a part of me that's like, well, if there's a community that could help someone from making the same mistake with that person, I would want to almost lean into it and be like, I want to warn people that this is not a good guy to date, right. I feel like it's a good community for being able to out people who are doing pattern bad behavior on eating apps or maybe Brittany's got a hand.
Speaker 1: Brittany, we're not in a lecture. You can speak what this is your radio show. She's risen her hand, she's ready.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're saying. Yes, but plenty of people cheat, and I'm not condoning it. I've been cheated on multiple multiple times. But plenty of people cheat. And I know you've spoken about on the podcast before, Laura. In your young days, you cheated, you got a second chance, and you'd never do it now. So if someone's cheated and it's pissed so on off, that's not to say for the rest of their lives they're going to be this crazy person.
Speaker 5: They could have been really young and done the wrong thing, and are we.
Speaker 4: Really going to stop them from going and meeting their penguin because maybe they made a mistake.
Speaker 1: Guys, can I just say, like this is exhausting. The gays have been doing this for years underground, like you straight people. We've got groups. I've got a file on David And what about Sam?
Speaker 2: Do you mean you've been doing it for forever? What are you doing that's different?
Speaker 1: It's part of gay culture. You just talk. Everyone talks. Sadly, the gay community isn't that big. So you've most likely been with your new boyfriend's boyfriends, so you know his history.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that you all constantly out each other on cheating.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. You'll know their name, you'll know their face. And if maybe that's what you're into, maybe match two cheaters up like we don't shame we go. Maybe you're better off with this cheat because Sitement's a cheater. Ben go with him?
Speaker 5: Oh, cheat City, Cheat City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can add you to some group chats. They're really fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I still think that maybe maybe there needs to be a way for this to exist, but it needs to be policed a little bit better, like, well, if you've only been cheated on in the last six months, you can post it, but if it's a two years ago, we don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 1: It needs to be an expiry date on cheetahs.
Speaker 5: You two other problems to get your demerit points back.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, after three years.
Speaker 5: Relations shipp to mirror points.
Speaker 1: All right. Well up next, speaking of relationships, we are talking to a listener of the show. Lena is in an arranged marriage. But here's the thing. She's been happily married for fifteen years and she thinks it's great. And why we want to talk to her is we all only ever hear the negative side of arranged marriages, never the good stuff. Lena joins us next here at the pickup. It's the pickup for your Thursday afternoon with Britt, Laura and midgehead into chemist Warehouse today, great savings every day.
Speaker 4: We have a friend of the show here today and I'm excited to introduce you all to her. Lena is her name, and Lena is in an arranged marriage.
Speaker 5: Now this is a really different story. So Lena welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: Firstly, how long have you been married?
Speaker 3: For? Fifteen years? We just said our fifteen year anniversary in December?
Speaker 1: Are you happily married?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you guys?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Okay? So, when it came to having this wedding or your marriage arranged, did you have a choice or was it an expectation that you would allow your family members to pick your husband for you.
Speaker 3: No, it was completely my choice, And I think the times have changed now where the traditional sort of arranged marriage only happens in smaller villages. It's very modernized now where the girl does get a say in the majority of the cases.
Speaker 5: If you had a choice. What part of it makes it arrange?
Speaker 3: The fact that the elders actually get together and let people know that there's a girl here, and then they arrange for the man and the families to come and meet. That could be several different men.
Speaker 1: Paint the picture of how it works, because the way it was described to us is that it was kind of a bit like speed data. Y.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there could be up to several men coming throughout the day. It's almost like an appointment and you can sort of judge them or try and judge them for the amount of time that you have there in front of them. And as an Indian woman, what you would do the one being married has to go and take them a glass of water and then you sit down and sort of not look at each other. But I took a really good stare because I mean, that could be the biggest of the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So some people don't take that thirty seconds, that minute. They avoid eye contact because it's awkward. What did you feel when you met your husband, You're sitting opposite him, You're looking into his eyes. What was it about looking into your now husband's eyes where you're like, this is.
Speaker 3: The one My husband was the first one I looked at. We didn't speak at all. I took them water and sat down, and then the family members just talked to each other. Really, two weeks went by and nobody asked me anything. So then I said to my grandma, said I actually liked the look of that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: They got really excited because I was only nineteen at the time. And then they set up another meeting where they then sent us up to the balcony to then talk to each other, which was really awkward because he was really shy and didn't know what to really say. And all I really asked him was he ate meat and drank alcohol, and it was a yes. So it was a yes from me.
Speaker 2: So long after meeting there, do you then have to make the decision that you're going to get married? Do you get married very shortly afterwards? Are you essentially just saying yes to dating?
Speaker 3: No, that was a done deal on the day. So as we say yes, you.
Speaker 4: Took water, you looked into each other's eyes. You asked to me be eight meat and alcohol and day with the day with the checkboxes. Then you were like, this is the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. So within a month we had met, we got engaged and married or all in one month.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, congratulations, you've been married fifteen years, You've got two beautiful girls.
Speaker 2: How long did it take you to fall in love?
Speaker 3: For me? It was a love at first sight. It was love at first sight. It took both of our sides to really learn each other's ways. And my husband brought him to Australia here, so he's left his whole family and everything, friends and everyone back in India and I've now got a husband that I have to, you know, take care of, and being as independent as I was, it was really new to me. So it just takes a lot of understanding and a lot of suck. Provisors do have to be made for a relationship like this to work.
Speaker 1: Wow, And all it takes is seconds. That should be the name of your memoir if you ever right on thirty seconds. Well hopefully I'm talking about the look.
Speaker 5: Youst titles.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about the intro anyway. I congratulations, Lena. We're very happy for you. Thank you for coming on and sharing your story.
Speaker 3: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Start all right, it's down by next everybody. I have written and produced the Pickup Anthem, and I'm going to be debuting it here on the Pickup in a world first.
Speaker 4: Oh God, be afraid, be very fact that this is the first we're hearing about it as a problem.
Speaker 1: Turn the volume up, everyone, It's on the air next Thursday. AV Britt, Laura and Mitch here at the Pickup. Hey, black Moore's executive be Stress Formula two fifties available right now a Chemist Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use on my phone's ringing. Sorry, it's Sony Music. I'm pretty sure I'm about to be signed to Sony Music, the record label.
Speaker 2: What if you're done now?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought, when you hear on the air waves, this is our second week of the pick Up Britt, Laura and Mitch and know I have studied theater and I'm a musical boy. It's in my bones.
Speaker 2: You've got a fantastic voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only is a little baritone, and only really in musical theater numbers. So what I did was, I thought, my way of showing love is to be creative. So I have written a song that perfectly introduces Laura, Britt and myself to the new audience listening now.
Speaker 2: So this is a song that you've written about us, just so I can get clear before I hear that is correct, Laura Burn correct.
Speaker 1: It's a way to introduce ourselves to the pickup audience. Let's roll the track. This is the Pickup performed by yours truly.
Speaker 5: Here's the story. You're a lovely lady.
Speaker 1: We've met six years ago.
Speaker 5: Of dreams. You met Laura on ours and now they have to the country's most beloved bat. You too.
Speaker 1: Between taking and Mom there's Telly times or one but Bob, and we're worried that you never get the sleep. This is a awful, lovely lady who we met Don't on TV, said goodbye to her honey badger, no looking back, and stabbed the dagger. How beautiful bridge was signal once again.
Speaker 5: The single life brought many tears, but God is being good content.
Speaker 1: Over the years, you found love in the Lalla, her dog and.
Speaker 5: Any Scottish boy. She loves a snog.
Speaker 1: That's why we love them.
Speaker 5: Love free, six foot three, big hair and sweating.
Speaker 1: Into time more than raised and shy.
Speaker 5: I hate you still had a.
Speaker 2: Great desire to run off the living Holley.
Speaker 1: Wood twelve months in New York City.
Speaker 5: Games that killers, and that's own.
Speaker 1: Style story.
Speaker 5: Enjoy everybody, Why I just here.
Speaker 2: We are so sorry. We take absolutely no responsibility for Mitch chery. This was done behind.
Speaker 5: Our backs, but but it was awful Mitch. What I would like to say is it is the.
Speaker 4: Effort that counts and the thought that counts. And I can tell you put many blood, sweat, tears and hours into that song.
Speaker 2: And you are sweaty to the touch.
Speaker 1: I am It's all true.
Speaker 5: That was the truest part of the song at your Clumminess was the part that really I really resonated with. Couldn't we have just introduced ourselves normally. Hi, I'm Laura, I have two kids.
Speaker 1: I'm a mom, not our stuff.
Speaker 5: I've got a dog Jahlilah, and finally got a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I'm open to record deals if anyone's interested in all private songs, if you've got a sixteenth birthday or twenty first or right one.
Speaker 5: I love that Mitch wrote the song right. He can put anything he wants in it about him. He's like, I'm train actor, I went to New Yorker, I did this. This are my accolades. I'm very handsome, all the great things, and I.
Speaker 2: Have a three legged dog and can't wipe my own bump.
Speaker 5: Single.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the pickup. We're here for eternity everyone, now, you know, please come back next week and we're back on here tomorrow. Will and Woody are up next for the drive home. Otherwise we'll see you tomorrow. Three pmm Britney, Laura Mitchell back on.
Speaker 2: I promise this will be the last that he does that. I promise security take pass