Speaker 1: Imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty. Some teenage boys walk past you, they yell out, they bitch tits. The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty. It will cut you off at the knees then gift.
Speaker 2: You a pair of easies.
Speaker 1: And that, my friends, is why you always always need.
Speaker 3: A buck up.
Speaker 2: I'm still in a place of great beauty.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, you are beautiful. You know what I'm doing? Hate lane Brook?
Speaker 2: Are you complimenting? No nagging?
Speaker 3: Do you know what you get? Fine?
Speaker 4: Artist formerly known as Eighth val now known as Nate Valveo sounds very simply.
Speaker 3: Can I just very quickly say to listeners, it's so weird just to say your name that we.
Speaker 2: Have saying my name.
Speaker 3: Say my name's a weird thing to do on this pot every week.
Speaker 4: I find bizarre when my husband says my name in full. Yeah, just when I hear him say my name, because it in full, because he's talking, not in full.
Speaker 2: He doesn't go to his mum, Kate Langebrook.
Speaker 3: You know my wife, Kate.
Speaker 4: He never You know, if you're in a relationship with someone, very often they won't say your name. Why are our microphone sounding funny? I don't know you sound Oh no, it's my headphone.
Speaker 3: I went to, is you accusatorianly have been in the studio a lot in your life and you just grasp it.
Speaker 2: Never mean not Megan.
Speaker 4: I'm turning to our greatest producer, Sush French.
Speaker 2: She's wash up.
Speaker 4: I know, like Michael mostly God.
Speaker 3: He died in Greece. He stroke.
Speaker 4: You know they're saying mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun?
Speaker 3: Do they never.
Speaker 4: Mad dogs and Englishmen? Oh no, I've never heard that go out during the day. In other words, they got no one else would go out in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what he did. And it didn't end well.
Speaker 3: Anyone but came back. She came back from.
Speaker 2: Was in Greece? Were you at the island?
Speaker 4: We?
Speaker 2: Where were you? That's enough? Last she was.
Speaker 3: The we weren't there, We were not and you were having a gorious and this is this is how good Sah. She's at her job. Kate. We walk in before and we get congratulated on the bucket being nominated for Best Comedy Podcast Podcast.
Speaker 2: And we've only been going for like play the music.
Speaker 3: At the Australian Podcast Awards, which we were also hosting.
Speaker 4: Is that going to be best coming? Wait?
Speaker 3: Do we have to present that award and read out the other winners?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, cheat if we lose.
Speaker 3: But my point of the story, other than the humble brag, it.
Speaker 2: Was not even a humble break.
Speaker 3: We said, how did we even get nominated for that? And so put in sa She's the one that goes and gets us.
Speaker 2: She's the producer. What literally what you'm expecting her to do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: She's on a lot of holidays?
Speaker 2: How long holiday? Do you know what? Bitch stole my look? I used to be the one that had a.
Speaker 3: Lot of doorway a lot, but no Nagan.
Speaker 4: What the.
Speaker 3: People who are fresh to the pod, or maybe even people stale to the pod, could you be stown to this gloriousness? Good question.
Speaker 2: They will be.
Speaker 4: Wondering why you are so focused on the fact that you're not naked?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you why? I don't know the results yet because I haven't looked. And in last week's episode, we asked on poles do I ned cake? Because because why.
Speaker 4: So you can't handle it? Hey, did you not sleep last night, worried about todayssing and turning.
Speaker 5: Have a.
Speaker 3: Your go to be your demand, my last ever buck up. I get denomination and then I get canceled.
Speaker 2: No no, But.
Speaker 4: Because you know what, I'm not the only person who's got someone outside the tent pissing.
Speaker 2: In that a lot of people will be listening.
Speaker 4: They'll go my sister in law, she's never got anything good to say about my potato, you know.
Speaker 2: And you if people.
Speaker 3: Don't know your totato salad.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'll make a real really good you make Sasha French permission to speak.
Speaker 2: The best potato salad.
Speaker 3: You've also claimed the best. You've also claimed the best roast potatoes.
Speaker 4: Sash also does. Also I'm Dutch and she's in New Zealand. There's nothing she can't do to a lamb.
Speaker 2: Nothing correct s.
Speaker 3: What are the what are the results? Please?
Speaker 2: I'm ready, Oh my godness, So hang on with you need to come on hurry.
Speaker 3: Have three topics, which is a record for us.
Speaker 4: In the heterosexual world. We engage in something called four play. We just run to the New EU for some.
Speaker 2: Hole drilled in a wall. Well, you know what we do.
Speaker 4: We engage in the beautiful Dance, the exhauting of Dance the Flu.
Speaker 3: Just before we came on air, you said there was some nerves about getting careseled one day by the gays glorioles.
Speaker 2: For I didn't mention them.
Speaker 3: Okay, you never been to one, been on either side of my never been invited. I mean the thing about its ever been to one. I think it's a generational thing. I think there's certain age groups when it was a little bit is it eighties, nineties, eighties, seventies. I mean there's still people that are into it.
Speaker 4: They've got their kids, they've got their own I need this podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, interesting, I mean, anyway.
Speaker 3: This episode shall be called to Glory Whole or not Glory Whole?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 3: Algorithm, so nervous, you've just gone on.
Speaker 4: You've gone You've got a shane of perspiration on your forehead. But really I know you don't you don't you like Prince Andrew?
Speaker 3: No matter what, Holy how could I have been at the Gloryhole? Is it pizzas?
Speaker 2: That guy? Hang on? What was that? I'm looking at the results the pole.
Speaker 4: So what we established last week is that you and in fact, if we had an editor Hella Yak or a producer who had any interest in going through.
Speaker 2: If they had a forensic interest in they would have.
Speaker 4: Gone through and cobbled together a list of all the insults. I realized the reason that they haven't is not laziness. The reason the reason that they haven't is there be too many.
Speaker 2: I haven't I got a thing removed today? Oh my god, I went got a male check to discuss. Yes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, all right, so we put together a list of No, we did what we got, We put up a pole.
Speaker 3: What is happening to?
Speaker 2: Never charges, never let me, never heard me?
Speaker 3: Or I was supposed to happen?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 3: You're just a reader. You were supposed to do is give the result? Asutes into episode one.
Speaker 2: You can't read a result if people don't know what the result is.
Speaker 4: Imagine if, like back in twoenty twenty one, some fat American just walked out on stage and said Carmala Harris.
Speaker 2: People would be like, what what the lead up to?
Speaker 3: What's sorry?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or Donald Trump? Speaking of stage. I watched Allan stand up special the other day, Alan new One Ellen Allen, Oh, I told I have an accent when I say you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: That is is that that's Melbourne? Oh you know Melburnian's. I noticed this when I moved from Queensland. Melbournians say Ellen instead of Allan, and Allan instead of Ellen, and they say balcony instead of balcony, and they say record album instead of album. It was terribly confusing.
Speaker 3: So I'm confused because I did a joke many years ago and it wasn't going great. And then afterwards buckstage, someone said to me, who are you saying? Yeah, right, I'm saying Alan Alan, Alan.
Speaker 2: Alan, Alan, Alan Alan.
Speaker 3: Remember Steve Coogan pole result?
Speaker 2: Okay, are you going to say about Ellen?
Speaker 3: I watched her stand up special the other day or not.
Speaker 4: I just saw a clip of it where she goes she stopped doing it and then she told.
Speaker 3: Some sort of sad thing about it. Because after that and she clapped, people clapped.
Speaker 2: For five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yea, I will reveal.
Speaker 2: Hang on what was the pole question? Does Nathan nig kate? All right?
Speaker 4: So we had just the top things that I smell like dog, that I wear.
Speaker 2: A lot of jewelry. I said, we don't need to repeat the whole You look like someone that would smell like a dog, but you don't. Wasn't that what it was?
Speaker 3: I can't even remember now.
Speaker 2: It's even worse.
Speaker 3: Like rose hip oil.
Speaker 2: Look like someone who would smell like dog.
Speaker 3: Argument.
Speaker 4: I think you've just hoisted yourself by your own petard. I know that's just saying you won't know.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? You just need to? Okay, here's that. Where are the results? You've got some comments?
Speaker 4: Comments first? Okay comments. He does need a little but I think it's all in good fun. It doesn't matter why it is. It starts in good fun.
Speaker 2: Friends should be able to need each other from time to time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is every time we all need a Nate in a laugh to keep us real.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that comment. Who wrote that person?
Speaker 2: Claire?
Speaker 3: Thank you Claire. You need a bit of naithh in your life.
Speaker 2: Keep up the buck up some buck knuckle.
Speaker 3: A buck knuckle, buck knuckle.
Speaker 2: That's not it's just someone laughing right that down.
Speaker 4: Yes, don't nag my Kate who wrote that, Mary Partner, thank you yours?
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Sarah Hayden just laughed, thank you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I know that same one jingle jangle.
Speaker 3: That's the sound you make of your your jewelry.
Speaker 2: We get it. Oh, being mister represented, who is the younger brother? We wish we had? Oh anyway, but give us the result of.
Speaker 3: That a bit more positive than I a bit more positive than I expected. Me too, I'm a little brother that you never had. Do you older or younger than your brother?
Speaker 2: Nate younger?
Speaker 4: Remember we did the birth order conversation. Oh yeah, that was on this podcast. Yeah, Like, it's hard to concentrate with the scent of dogs. And also because you also don't know what's hovering over you. You've walked to the guillotine like Marie Antoinine Zemi cake topics.
Speaker 2: You don't know if the gillatine is going to drop or not do Nate neg Kate, drum roll?
Speaker 3: Can I guess? Yep, I'm going to guess sixty five?
Speaker 5: Yes, fifty yes, me nagged officially nagged, officially nagged, naggy, naggy, neggy, naggy.
Speaker 4: Nag All right, so the jury scene, the jury's in anyway. I've never adored been negged by anyone more, but I do think.
Speaker 2: But look at you, yeah, way worse.
Speaker 3: That's fine. I can handle that.
Speaker 2: It's not about you. It's actually about me. It's not about whether you can handle being a bully? Is it? It's about whether or not I can handle being bullied?
Speaker 3: Nikola by Someone has messaged us, Oh has she with a funny shadow labor story.
Speaker 4: I want to move on topics to finish the person.
Speaker 2: I think I've got the RND of reply.
Speaker 4: I don't have anything to say, but I'm happy that the people have spoken same.
Speaker 3: Actually, this is a democracy on the buck up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think your interpretation of it's quite right.
Speaker 4: You seem to think that you're clapping yourself before.
Speaker 2: Just that you won a pole.
Speaker 3: I didn't want a bowl. I lost.
Speaker 2: I can't all right?
Speaker 4: You know that anyway, no one didn't win because I lost, because it means I'm being neat the popular vote.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't win. You do you know what I've realized? You are my heirss old who I love.
Speaker 3: Hello, Olger Google.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, was telling me we had the maddest conversations.
Speaker 2: Surprise. Anyway. She was telling me she read a book called Sociopath the whole time.
Speaker 4: Though she started and she got mixed up, and she said, I read this book, Kate.
Speaker 2: It's called psychopath.
Speaker 4: You know, nobody feels any sympathy for psychopaths, and she.
Speaker 2: Goes, but they're very honest. I'm like that.
Speaker 4: And then I googled it and it was called sociopath and I'm like that's she goes, Oh that's right. I got a mixed up. What's the difference. You're a sociopath. I think you're a proper sociopath, many of whom are brilliant.
Speaker 3: You have another simirocool.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm a path. I don't think you're. No, you're definitely not an impath. I'm not.
Speaker 4: No, you're a sociopath. And which is I think the opposite of an impact. But I think this is the difference between you're not a psychopath.
Speaker 3: I am not a sociopath. Sociopaths are incapable of feeling.
Speaker 2: For anyone else.
Speaker 3: I feel a lot people feel all the time for other people.
Speaker 2: Huh, give me an anxiety.
Speaker 3: I donated all lost dogs home.
Speaker 2: Dogs animals don't count.
Speaker 4: Do you now that you've stopped committing the acts of cruelty you did as a child on them?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I was never mean to dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I think I'm.
Speaker 3: Not a sociopath.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting. Look I've got him on the back foot. Is up against the ropes. He's finished.
Speaker 3: This is the funny. I've govern here to do a podcast with my friends.
Speaker 2: Who loves you? We love you.
Speaker 4: The point of this book is that like, she's got a husband, he's known her since they were teenagers, married her. She's got two kids, so she's lovable, but she's associated.
Speaker 2: It's possible, just putting it out there.
Speaker 3: Funny shadow labor story. All right, that's funny. I've got a lot of tears. It was, well, you got me in under you told pink, pretty pink your colors.
Speaker 2: No, no, only.
Speaker 4: It was only apropos of the pole, you know. Okay, but you know what the thing is, Valvo. We know how the world works, so mena generally, the irony being that they start wars. But aside from that, if you put that to one side, they're kind of more peaceable than women. Women have mastered the art of fireside war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is happening on the roof?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: A lot of big bangs happening, possum, but also another we're in a buildings.
Speaker 2: That's hard to do, but we're not on the top.
Speaker 3: No anyway, labor story, okay, all right, Nikola nikola I knuckle.
Speaker 2: Buck knuckle. That's a brilliant We never had buck knuckle, did we.
Speaker 3: I recently started reformer pilates machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very hard, is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hard because you have to stand.
Speaker 3: Oh now the lights have gone off? What is going on that.
Speaker 4: You stand and you have to sort of slide your legs out at the same time.
Speaker 2: And it just feels like I.
Speaker 3: Will foll't yet putting my foot in any sort of contraption.
Speaker 4: No, but it's for your core. Yeah, you put your things on the sliding.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I don't trust in the world. Coll All I ever hear about is my core. And I don't do not trust.
Speaker 4: I don't trust me. I don't trust my call. But the core and people like everything is the core. And people always like to especially women, they always like to talk about their bladder.
Speaker 2: I've got a hundred percent confidence in my bladder.
Speaker 3: Good on you pissing for days?
Speaker 2: No, but just it's the ability to hold it. Yeah, it's just it's all right. Pilarate is very good for the bladder.
Speaker 3: Really, you can make your blooder better.
Speaker 2: Pelvert floor because highly esteem producers.
Speaker 3: Also, you're getting your feet in the in the road.
Speaker 2: She's a qualified pilarates in.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: She did it for years.
Speaker 3: One pilaratees once many years ago, and it was a beginner, one on one class, whether it's just you and the teacher. It was ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh no, well why wouldn't it be. I never went back because if you think how.
Speaker 3: You getting it took me my weak core.
Speaker 2: What did they say to you?
Speaker 3: I can't It was a very long time ago. But got me on the thing, put my legs up from the thing, maybe do a few things. And then I was like me, no, not for me.
Speaker 4: But pillarate's bodies are great body okay, nearly every hot seat totsy.
Speaker 3: Here's why I wouldn't do pilates. I'm getting the vibe. It's very easy to cheat. So if I'm lying on the mat and the teacher's like, now do this and hold this and hold this in, I think they know if I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: If it's a big class, I don't know, and they just turn a blind I can't be. I mean, it's fascinating.
Speaker 4: It's your reflections on pillarts never having done it. Ah, I would like to hear from me. You did bring to the table as well.
Speaker 3: Back This is a classic sir, is it No? At the end of my first At the end of my first session, the instructor handed me a couple of wipes. I thought, how lovely she can see I'm s sweating, and proceeded to wipe my face, thinking what a kind gesture, only to turn around and see that everyone else was wiping down the machines.
Speaker 2: Oh, you've got to wipe it down. You've got to wipe down the machine.
Speaker 3: How embarrassing you're getting What happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's sweated on the machine. She got the wipes and thought it was for.
Speaker 3: Her and cleaned her face. She was supposed to wipe down. Why are you laughing? Your message bombed?
Speaker 4: You're you're rattle because I just got it. I was very interested in it. You're really you're so rattled? Do we need to take a break?
Speaker 3: Is the funniest.
Speaker 4: I mean, I am loving it, absolutely loving it.
Speaker 3: I say that you look like someone that smells like dogs.
Speaker 2: Don't need let's not even reply.
Speaker 3: I get cards, so.
Speaker 2: I don't think. Do you know what a little bit of scolded and you chose? I give us a good but I thought that's to get us through.
Speaker 4: An entire podcast, and you're a nectar and you've gone on half.
Speaker 2: You're like the woman on the plane that was not real.
Speaker 3: You're like, you know what, I'm drunk, weak core.
Speaker 2: Don't trust your core anyway.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I applaud Nicola and her shadow Labor, although once again I believe that just to be labor, wipe down your sweaty thing, not your sweaty face. So we know on this podcast that I am a self identified cooker.
Speaker 3: Hello cook A while since a good cook with you?
Speaker 2: We haven't had one.
Speaker 4: I mean also because sometimes I have to back off my fiends when I see my entire family rolling their eyes and they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh know, why did you mention that? I realize they have conversations about me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Is a WhatsApp group you don't know about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they must be.
Speaker 3: They have.
Speaker 2: They just have a don't inch net tone.
Speaker 3: You should have heard what Kate Laine Brook said today kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the back I get it. I get it. Socio apparently to charm people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the number one rule to charm people is say their name back to them a lot.
Speaker 4: I know they say that, they say that that sounds like a salesman.
Speaker 3: Does it.
Speaker 4: Don't you think that's a very sales technique. Because someone's saying my name all the time.
Speaker 3: Name, I feel that you say the full name. Oh you just say okay, yeah, good question, Kate, that kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Kate, tell me about your weekend.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not on board.
Speaker 3: It's always in those books Ten Ways to Succeed. There's always those.
Speaker 2: Kind of I'm reading one of those at the moment.
Speaker 3: How many tips in there? What's the number? Ah? Six, okay, yeah, six things to do to what is the number? Influence to influence people? Okay, the influence? Yeah, start a podcast? Is that one to know?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remember what that I've read the first big book I already can't remember.
Speaker 3: It was going, well, I've got.
Speaker 4: I've got No, I don't even know where I got it. Anyway, I'm guessing an airport.
Speaker 2: No, someone gave it.
Speaker 3: Any book that has a number in the title an.
Speaker 4: Airport, you would think that always. Why is it that when you're about to board on a plane. I think it's because the world feels so full of possibilities that you think you can improve yourself.
Speaker 3: That's a very good point you feel more open to.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, because normally in you to day life, who'd ever go into a bookshop and buy as able a number in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But now, and also books have the title everywhere a look now, it's like this is that is.
Speaker 2: The art of not giving a like? What about the art of using nice language? Versela anyway? Because you know, apropos of our conversation about.
Speaker 3: Apropos is one of the least used words in Beautiful English Dictionary. Say it again in the English it's Latin.
Speaker 4: Apropos about a conversation about how the whole world slobby. By the way, a buck Knuckle sent me the greatest. Oh, I love her, if only I could remember her name. Anyway she sent me, she said, how do you feel about these? They're high heeled sneakers called sneaks, invented by the woman who invented spanks.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, smaller, No, they're high heels, but they're sneakers that apparently have redefined the center of gravity.
Speaker 4: She said, how do you feel about these? So that you can wear high heels? The sneakers are so cool? And I tried to order a people they don't ship to Australia.
Speaker 2: But no, no, they don't.
Speaker 3: She's don't do it.
Speaker 4: No, you have to be in America anyway. And then and this actually put me off. Once upon a time this would have may incentivize me more. Then I saw Oprah's husband, Gail, wearing a pear.
Speaker 2: I was like, nah, nah, she's on the O two.
Speaker 3: I reckon. I saw her the other.
Speaker 2: She's come out and you don't need to spect.
Speaker 4: I just thought.
Speaker 2: Weight Watchers.
Speaker 3: No, not Oprah, the other one, Gail, her husband.
Speaker 2: Is he on it as well? I think she is.
Speaker 3: Look at the pic. I saw her the other day and thought, Oprah, I'm saying Gail the other day and.
Speaker 2: Seemed confused, this is your story all right? So was, oh, yeah, I'm such dominated best comedy podcast to.
Speaker 4: Cooker that it's extended into other parts of my life.
Speaker 2: That's how it. Yes, So that's so now I have so little faith.
Speaker 4: In systems or authority that it's extended. Thank you to one of my greatest ever loves, roadside Produce.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, yeah, I think I would be into roadside produce if I saw any well, you've still seeing it.
Speaker 4: Well because I went to the country with my girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Berries it's always berries.
Speaker 4: Okay, not in egg not if it's not berries, it's and eggs, always eggs. And of course since they tried to do that, make the swine the Avian flu something.
Speaker 2: She saw on the ABC the other night.
Speaker 4: The disaster of one and a half billion chickens were killed.
Speaker 2: They made out like it was because of the Avian flu. No, wasn't. They killed them in anticipation of the avian.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 2: No, that's why we've got next shortage and eggs and like twelve dollars.
Speaker 3: And dollars really are anyway?
Speaker 2: So I was with my girlfriend, you I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I can make me anyway the bag anyway.
Speaker 4: There's a guy and he's a classic. He's a classic. So Peter and I had stopped at him after years of seeing his signs, well because he's got signs on the road and then like just scrawled on you know, garlic, homegrown garlic, and then it's got bio dynamic.
Speaker 2: But garlic, Oh what you're pulling over?
Speaker 4: Garlie homegrown organic garley.
Speaker 3: Garlics garlic?
Speaker 2: What what you don't want.
Speaker 4: It imported from South America or China where it all has to go through a fungus signed before it comes back into Australia.
Speaker 2: And give me the cook up.
Speaker 3: You want to spray it up garlic?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we'd gone to see this guy before. You don't care about the source of her garlic? No, anyway, I do. And I said to Peter, we didn't have any kids with us normally, can't stop. We're always trying to get back home. You know, it's always a punish, delightful family life.
Speaker 2: Anyway, was your dog with you? No, we were so unincumbered with They say that, okay, they say that. They also say dog's canning chocolate.
Speaker 3: And chocolate there it can Our dog had a whole chocolate cake one exactly. No, we wouldn't got a stomach pumped.
Speaker 2: Of course he did. Of course he did last night. Wheatens.
Speaker 3: That's all right. She had a whole cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, you know. I don't even get me started on this. I can't, no, we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't get on okay I started on this or oh Jesu, your eyes very wide and I got a warning look from Salah. Okay, all right, move on, any one, fair chat.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is don't panic if your dog eats chocolate unless you're okay.
Speaker 3: So you pulled over for the girl, pulled over for the gulf.
Speaker 4: See, you know what my mum always says, when there's a short woman and a tall woman, a short.
Speaker 2: Woman is the bush. Yeah, you told me.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: It was shocking. Yeah, it was terrible. Angry vets, angry vats. Anyway, I'm putting connecting dog. Yeah, yeah, I'll check them an opinion.
Speaker 3: On air, and it did not go well back in radio days. Anyway, Moving on, so we stopped. We pulled into this guy.
Speaker 4: So this was our first visit to him, and he was like it was a house that was like you imagine that it smelt of garlic, of old bong water, and like he was very much what else.
Speaker 2: Would you expect from a guy selling garlic on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Come on, garlic's not paying the boot.
Speaker 2: Okay. He's got eggs, okay, but.
Speaker 4: He didn't have eggs because he had trouble with the crows, which he then solved by the next time.
Speaker 2: We strows eating eggs. Yeah, crows eating eggs.
Speaker 4: Anyway, and he's got things growing in little beds in his sort of spot. Yeah, undoubtedly anyway, and then he told us that he used to be a teacher. And then he realized, who's paying half to the government and half to his ex wife? So he thought, bugger that you know one of those people.
Speaker 3: Okay, a roadside cooker.
Speaker 4: You know, I met one of my people, like people that don't like to pay okay for their children. Okay, ex I'm not mad on it, y. I always imagine myself in that situation. Anyway. So we got some eggs from him and some honey. I'm always mad for homemade honey. Anyway, long story short, we went and saw him again another time, and then when I went away with my girlfriend, I said, if we've got time going back, I want to see the garlic guy. It's not garlic in seeds, in which I know because I've planted some. When I came back from him, I planted something.
Speaker 3: I never knew. Garlic was such a big part of your wife, Katelaine Brock. Of course, it's a really big part of it.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know. It's huge.
Speaker 4: And Lewis makes garlic and chili all for Sunday that she's so addicted to that she eats a jar like that over like a month and a half every day with eggs, scrambled eggs anyway, what else? So I said to my girlfriend Alice, let's stop and see the guy. So we go in and see the guy. Oh no, this is when I was with my husband, right, And he's always got other things. He goes, I year, someone in the local town makes this with my honey, and we just swap and I sell her soap, right, and so sometimes you look at something, he goes, I didn't make that realish, So and so got my zucchinis and she I'm like, oh that's good.
Speaker 2: I like he's doing the provenance anyway by some soap. Yeah, we did.
Speaker 4: We got a bar of soap and some eggs and some honey.
Speaker 2: And then my husband came up with a jar.
Speaker 3: In fact, oh you're the jar. I love a prop, a prop.
Speaker 2: And also we're going to do a compare and contract.
Speaker 4: Oh so he put this jar down because my husband loves raspberry jam, loves berry seven dollars ninety five. So it's in a lot inflation, folks. It's in a little Cotties jar.
Speaker 3: A regular Cottie supermarket jar.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh my god, is it?
Speaker 4: So when we got home and I opened it.
Speaker 2: Two yes, I said to Peter when I opened it.
Speaker 4: Now I make jam, so I know, of course I do garlic jam anyway.
Speaker 2: And I opened it and I went, that's not homemade jam.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely supermarket jam.
Speaker 2: Looks like yes, there's no fruit in it.
Speaker 4: There's only really weird occasional say someone's just but said he didn't make it.
Speaker 2: It came from anyway.
Speaker 4: But this is how much how obsessed I am with my my true crime podcast.
Speaker 3: Will be I had something.
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh we've all tried it because I made everyone try it, even Sunday's girlfriend Ella, who came over, who's delightful.
Speaker 2: I made her have some. She's diabetic. I wasn't sure I have someone to spook, she said straight away. She's nineteen. She went, that's not homemade jam. She knows you can taste the factory. Okay, but don't take my word for it. What did I do?
Speaker 4: What one Sunday morning after yoga if at last Sunday, I went and scoured the shells for the same jar h bea his raspberry which this is the one from the supermarket.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I'll tell you what's strange. Look identic, look identical. But this one's got more seeds in it. I will say.
Speaker 3: That, not many more, not many more at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm going to get a spoon and we're going to compare and controls.
Speaker 3: See if you got done over by the roadside.
Speaker 4: The roadside by the way this at the supermarket was like two dollars twenty and he's seven dollars fifty.
Speaker 3: That's good. It's a good business, just for soaking the label off, although I must say it's a lot of work to soak the label off.
Speaker 2: They're really hard. Are you ready to choose the.
Speaker 3: First episode of Matlock? I've ever seen? C side roadside?
Speaker 4: My girlfriend Alice is also addicted to all those Swedish and nady whatever where there's always like a body floody in a feud.
Speaker 2: I think this would be good. John thinks the.
Speaker 4: Lncoln Berry jam is actually authentic racing smash.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, what are we going to use?
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot to bring that.
Speaker 3: I'll go get us jam.
Speaker 2: Don't you know what a pen lid?
Speaker 3: Use my pen? It's only my pen?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, this.
Speaker 7: Is all right?
Speaker 2: There is Do you want to know which is which? Do you want to. All right, don't have too much. It might make you sick. It's a big chunk.
Speaker 4: Really this jam taste all right, that's a supermarket jam. Now try what sustensibly a homemade. It's really quite good, but it's not. There's no fruit in it at all.
Speaker 2: Never have jam, Well, Peter loves jams.
Speaker 3: Jam a lot. I never have jam.
Speaker 2: And you know when we work to re husey. He declared himself the jam man.
Speaker 4: Remember one day he got mad because I made jam and I didn't give him some.
Speaker 2: But then also he got a sponsor because and then he stopped mentioning.
Speaker 3: That's the same jam. That's the same, that's the same goods.
Speaker 2: Roadside, roadside cook incredible. Our eggs, I know, the eggs are beautiful caves.
Speaker 7: Although I even had to look at them going smearing feathers on some supermarket eggs because you know, I find that attractive in a roadside, just to just to brush.
Speaker 3: Well, you an't like this doing American movies and TV shows. Their eggs are always really white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they bleach egg.
Speaker 3: They bleach them to the shops without being bleached. It's part of their process that our process doesn't have.
Speaker 2: That's why they don't bleach them.
Speaker 4: I'm telling chickens make white eggs and brown chickens make.
Speaker 2: They do something to their eggs.
Speaker 3: Can I remember googling it once because I was like, Google, eggs always so white in American movies.
Speaker 2: That's a cooker.
Speaker 3: Give the actual egg the shell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: They do something officially cookery.
Speaker 3: I have some garlic I want you to see. Speaking of cooking, got a new microwave two weeks ago. Hello, moving up in the world.
Speaker 2: And now it's why did you get a new microwave?
Speaker 3: Because the other one was so dirty that.
Speaker 2: The cheap microwaves we've.
Speaker 3: Had this the one I said to go to whose microwave is this? And it was his from before we were together, So meaning it's over ten years old.
Speaker 2: You could take that on antiques che you.
Speaker 3: Could take it roside and sell it.
Speaker 2: You really couldn't old. It's old, yeah, old, all right? So when brought a new one.
Speaker 3: Just got a new one online. Didn't even got into a shop.
Speaker 2: No, why would you bother?
Speaker 3: But there's something I didn't think about that everyone should think about when they buy electronics. Someone like me is very sensitive to my surroundings. The noise, the pippin the noise it makes when it's ready. So when the time runs, here's my issue, which didn't say it did. So here what it does when it's ready. Oh kind of annoying, all right, But.
Speaker 2: It preys a little song and then does it keep playing it?
Speaker 3: So then this is where I like, I'm losing my mind. Very often I will throw something in the microwave and leave it and then go sit on the couch and hey, if the time's up, fine and come to it when I'm ready. I may have changed my mind. A minute and a half way works for you? Do you work for the micro likeways makes that noise every thirty seconds until you go and open the door.
Speaker 2: Stand down.
Speaker 3: So I go and sit back on the couch and this happens, and I'm watching the shows, and it's thirty seconds later.
Speaker 2: You will come.
Speaker 4: I am calling you, Hey, lazy pink fun onto the couch, I'm calling you.
Speaker 2: And then I have to get up and in there? What was in there when you discovered?
Speaker 3: When was it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: It was past it this time, so I had to actually do two guys as well. That annoyed me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, But why did you have to do two guys.
Speaker 3: As in the past, it wasn't no no, but and then I gave up during the second one and.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, and that's when it now.
Speaker 3: It's just everything every thirty seconds. So my community note here is going to the shop and he would listen to the websites.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't tell you how to disable it. It's like I wanted to disabled all the sounds in my car. The people in the problem and my cars a Mercedes, of course, it's like the car is like you've took cross cap just when.
Speaker 2: You're driving past cars on the fra, I know. And if you go too close to the car in front of you with the lights is a pedestrian. I'm speculating about ethnicity. That's what the carricter is. Just stop bossing me. I'm getting you.
Speaker 3: As a passenger's seat puts a seatbred on it. One of those leftovers that was two and a half minutes ago lived on.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the cherub sound.
Speaker 3: It's a text from old text from mom.
Speaker 2: This is this is I'm doing text from us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Sasha French a few weeks ago debuted her mother on text from we Love It and what was it again? She threw out my photography portfolio from being a teenager, and we were quite bru We were taken aback at the brutality and the brutality of a mother in New Zealand would do this to her child.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we got a message.
Speaker 4: From Sarah, I love the pod really is hang on, sorry, I've got to start again because I just read the sentence as a fellow New Zealander. Ooh, I love the Pod really is the highlight of my lustling week. So big think you is a fallen fillin in zid Sasha. I heard you loud and clear this week.
Speaker 2: I relate. I'm one of three daughters.
Speaker 4: A mum hid a gearage sale and I just hip into be there before it started and found in it were all our three wedding photos that she had previously.
Speaker 2: Framed on the wall. I said, mom, you can't do that. She said, well, someone might want them. The frames are still good. Brutal.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, frame is still good. Those mean New Zealand mothers. What's going on over there?
Speaker 2: Okay? Maybe spun us off into an interesting subset.
Speaker 3: Such a beautiful country. Why is everyone so mean?
Speaker 2: No? No, but that's because they had to be tough. They had to be tough. Yes, yeah, Australian a pretty tough, hard people.
Speaker 3: Hard people, a lot of cross arms and comedy shows.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, crazily it's like you win me over.
Speaker 2: Do you know who the worst audiences in the country are?
Speaker 3: Are you ready? I want to annoy a lot of people because they're my people. Melbourne really are.
Speaker 2: They have fun.
Speaker 3: But Brisbane and Sydney and Adelaide, bang up, they are just up for a good time. A little bit has to go through a filter first. Am I allowed to laugh at that? Sometimes?
Speaker 2: Is that a right?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 4: Will I be canceled? Just my wood chair and Dan prove I have.
Speaker 3: A lovely time, give me the click. But I just meant really And a couple of international comics over the years have momented that Melbourne is very.
Speaker 4: But it's interesting because Melbourne's got the most vibrant comedy scene and the greatest comedians come from Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Melbourne spoiler.
Speaker 2: And also you know what, generally Melbourne are funny people, like they genuinely.
Speaker 3: Get the funny people. And so they're sitting there going I can do this.
Speaker 2: Amazing Nate Valve.
Speaker 3: What for a sociopath?
Speaker 4: I delivered yes, sociopatta noticed stuff like that about other people, but be absolutely.
Speaker 2: Blind freddy to their own imperfections.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yes, the Ellen de generous reviews. That's this is Sasha is this next week? She ot to do it now because I said before I would do it and I totally forgot it.
Speaker 2: Now next week it's gonna be one minute.
Speaker 3: It's one minute. No, it's one minute.
Speaker 7: No, no doing it.
Speaker 2: I wanted to vote it. I wanted to have it towing. No, it's not. It's worth no because I'm so desperate to hear it. We'll do it next week. People will be you talk about our.
Speaker 3: Partry Ellen de generous.
Speaker 2: Oh de generous. Oh no, do it now, We're not. We're doing it next week.
Speaker 3: Worth it? I love everyone?
Speaker 2: Where is your confidence so rattled?
Speaker 3: I wonder?
Speaker 4: The buck Up podcast is hosted by me Kate Langbrook and him Nathan Valvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French. Audio and sound by the magnificent Yack Lawrence you might call him Jack and Dom Evans.
Speaker 2: Oh we're lucky.