Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, we're the same age, I do believe?
Speaker 4: Do I have a more brief backt for you.
Speaker 5: He's embodied the spirit of Ken from the whole elders of Ken's who are alive in him.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Show one thousand, two hundred.
Speaker 5: And thirty one. Good morning, Patsy morning, welcome back. It'scite to be back with you both.
Speaker 4: Good morning, jack Good to see you guys.
Speaker 5: A belated happy birthday to you, Jackie morning, Thank you guys. Sefday. Over the weekend, well, last saw you. You're getting ready for your lovely surprise weekend that your wife had organized you two to go on a golf trip. How do you go? It is? You had an amazing weather of the weekend.
Speaker 4: He was the perfect weekend. I'm so obsessed with golf at the moment. I took it up last year and I can't stop thinking about it. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up.
Speaker 5: So you've come back because I remember a couple of months ago you were.
Speaker 4: I wanted to quick so frustrated how bad I was. But I've succumbed to my skills and that's what how good I am and I'm happy with that great And so this couldn't be a more perfect weekend. She Gordy went to my mum and dad's place, and then we went up to Dalsford for the night and played on two different regional courses.
Speaker 5: Some beautiful ones out there, so nice.
Speaker 4: And I don't know. She's not here to defend this, but I beat her both times.
Speaker 5: Oh that's why you're Yeah, now we understand the perfect weekend. Bested his wife.
Speaker 4: But you got it. For the backstory, she is actually a good golfer. You have to know that part to know how important it is that I won. I was the underdog.
Speaker 5: And tell me this, because your wife is very good at golf and she was like a child protege. Is that right?
Speaker 4: She was like, really, she was a junior champion.
Speaker 5: Have you ever beaten her before?
Speaker 4: And never been in her before?
Speaker 5: And what was it? What was occasionally the week I knew I thought you might tryat because it was said that story I won't to understand the four story the side store. In the backstory, it was like you've never beaten her before.
Speaker 4: I've never been here before. But she hardly plays. Now you don't understand. Yeah, and I've been putting in the effort. I've been doing that. Of course, I've been doing the putting drill.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, that's why I've been That doesn't matter about it. No, No, but you've never beaten there before. I've never made birthday weekends. You first time you beat her?
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, you had to see how you see?
Speaker 5: I speaking on behalf of someone listening right now, not me that might go this.
Speaker 4: You don't know my wife. You would never she would competitive.
Speaker 5: No, no, no. What I worried about is what she would never want is a weekend where she beat you and smashed you. What that would do to your birthday weekend? No?
Speaker 4: No, you had to be there.
Speaker 5: You had to that. We had to be that. We had to be there. And so what did you get as you as your present?
Speaker 4: I won a twenty minute massage.
Speaker 5: From your wife. Let's this move on, Like you said at the beginning of this perfect weekend, she let him win.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Pod.
Speaker 5: Come on to all my other fellow parents who are supporting their kids through any tough times. A moment of the year twelve. However, Lois did her last exam this Monday. Congratulations, no more kids at school?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Do you know what? Pats right? My wife and I actually thought I'd be over the moon once it finally came that day, because obviously, for years and years and years, often when you're just walking alongside the kids, when they're going through all the school years, the ups, the downs, the sideways, all of it, you actually can't wait for to be over. You actually start to fantasize, will I ever know freedom again? I guess it's like at times, it feels like someone serving a life stretch for crime they didn't commit. Will I ever get parole?
Speaker 3: It is a long time.
Speaker 5: Am I stuck in this big house forever? And then suddenly Monday came and she did the last exam. She came home when it's all over, and I found nothing but sad, I said, but I was enjoying the flash cards. I said, I feel like I don't have a job anymore. She went, No, I'm still going to need to do some stuff. Yesterday I found out what that stuff's going to be. So lowess. My daughter is my youngest daughter, Earns eighteen on Monday, which is the eighteenth. She's eighteen on the eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll only happened once in her life.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, we don't know what the future man they vent time traveling him. She can re experience eighteen. But that's the news if you're tuning in this morning. My daughter can only go eighteenth on her eighteenth once. She sent me this text message yesterday. No, we had like rain showers yesterday. Hi Dad, I left the umbrella up outside the front door because I don't know how to get it back in. I'm still needing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show Podcasttat's.
Speaker 5: See what's been going on for you this week? How's everything get home?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: It was a relationship. First last night I could not believe it. So the love God and I have been together near on thirty five years. I've known him, and never ever, ever has he been able to find anything like it's just like this relationship blindness, can't find it. Where are my jeans? They're in the But no they're not. I'll go and there they will be.
Speaker 4: I get in trouble for that.
Speaker 5: Every single day, I'm like, where is the mayonnaise and it couldn't be moved barely a millimeter. I'm like, God, damn it, you've hitten it again.
Speaker 4: What is this game that wasn't there before?
Speaker 5: You're a magician, David Copperfield. I mean he did statue liberty, but a great big megajob mayonnaise in the fridge. How do you do that?
Speaker 3: We made a beautiful stuff fried dish last night and I was going to do some rice in the rice.
Speaker 5: Was it road killer or what was it? This time for one of your dishes? It was passome?
Speaker 3: No, anyway, I couldn't find the bas madi rice anywhere, and I thought, oh, we just we've run out. Chris, we can't have rice. We don't have any and he goes, no, I'm sure we've got bas mati. No, you have a look in the pantry. I can't find it anywhere. For looking, I was convinced we were out. We had brown rice, but no, one't.
Speaker 5: There's always brown rice there. I think it's from the COVID stop pining days. There's that and like too much lou Roth. So we're going to get brown rice. We'd have to be really desperate to tuck into that.
Speaker 4: When you go through. We fought at once when we're going through a health health.
Speaker 5: But Dave, Tim Tim Fairy swear by brown rice, but you.
Speaker 4: Can't cook it properly.
Speaker 5: No, no, no one, And it's that real sillity in you corn in your belly.
Speaker 3: I thought I could get the family onto brown rice, but no. So we had a full full thing of brown rice. Anyway, So he goes to the pantry and then finds it, like just pulls it out and he goes here it is.
Speaker 5: It was like the best day ever for a man, isn't it. It's rare you get a win, right, It's very very rare you get a win like that, anything to a pantry and organization. He must have been doing laps like he cured the common cold.
Speaker 3: I sort of just downplayed a bit and I said, oh yeah, very good. Can you just.
Speaker 5: Let him pats It won't happen again.
Speaker 1: Ristjan O'Connell show podcast, Good Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Later on this morning, Jack and I and East of a chat on air. There will be no spoilers. There will be no spoilers. I can sell that for two reasons. One, I really hope you go and see Gladiator. Two, this weekend. I went to see it last night. My wife surprised me and we went to see it last night. Secondly, there's there's nothing to really spoil. It's heavy on action, heavy on action. There's no twisty whisties where you're like, god, damn it. It is not the usual suspects. There's no kinds of so say that actually is a spoiler alert. They did not worry about the plot, just straight more of the old cank cank can hold hold, hold on. I loved every two and a half hours older. I really did so much testosterone men. I saw men that were like, you know, bad posture, going in, puffed up, like we could have been a gladiator. I'll tell you one thing. Looking at life then I was all that moving equipment, oars and stuff like that. May need you get your fingers tracks, obviously, God, they must have been always pinching their fingers and stuff, you know, the oars tribute Shay, stuff like that. Jack and I have some big questions about it. It's Chris trist making it go and sit this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I haven't heard any talk. You do you like the first one?
Speaker 5: There were like then I think there were like twelve shows yesterday all sold out. Yeah, all right, So we're going to do the Good Morning Minute. This is wherever you're listening to the show right now, text us your name, what's you're up to, and where you are, and we'll say good morning next to you. Wherever you are listening to the show right now, the text number is four seven five three one oh four three? What your name is, where are you listening and what are you up to? Right now?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Time for the Good Morning Minute. We say good morning to many of you as possible in one minute. If you want yours this morning, text us your name, where you are, what are you up to right now? To oh four seventy five O three one oh four three?
Speaker 2: Good good morning? Good morning do you.
Speaker 5: Jack and Bats? Are you ready with your good morning? Ready to go guy? Good morning to Carla in Seaford, Good morning, walking to grab a coffee before she does the kids lunches. Good morning, Christian and the teams from Marcus went with my wife to see Glady eight to two last night, or so loved it in block capitols, m J. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Why do I come around them Sharks. You really have them in war sharks. Good morning to Nicole, Good morning to car team, Good morning give them Shark Nicole on the way to Warning Ball via the Homilton Highway. Gonna lose you guys soon, Brackets reception. Can you always get us on the app? You're quite right, give it a plug, the.
Speaker 4: I Heart app. Download it wherever you get your apps, if.
Speaker 5: You if you pay him, how they do a hell of not more than that. Hey, guys, it's Robo driving down from Sydney heading off to Perth tomorrow morning for the rest of the week. Rest of the week. It's coming to the end of this rest of the week. Morning to Darren cutting grass near Barkley Gardens here in Richmond. Morning that one.
Speaker 3: My eyes are itchy today is dares to blame windows.
Speaker 4: Favorite season stops.
Speaker 3: It seems to be all year now.
Speaker 5: It's now, it's now. It depends what kind of pollen is it? Pollen? Is it pine? Is it Hawthorne? People urge it the Hawthorne. Come on to Jimmy the Garbo. You never guess. He's picking up rubbish right now all around the iconic Williamstown town Hall. Come on in to Karen Crochet morning. We had her on the Name Game. Was it last week or the week before? Karen Crochet? She's making right now, pats your love This tiny little Rudolph's for the Windham Makers farmers Market, Christmas Twilight Carnival. Where are being racecourse this weekend? Patsy get down there?
Speaker 4: Is that a good market?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great market. Can you email Christian back Karen? Is it Friday or Saturday night?
Speaker 5: It's Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's Sunday, Sunday night?
Speaker 5: Is it won't be Sunday twilight? Twilight?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Christian listening in from work at OZ Post in Preston. Great name Reginald, Good morning one ledge name Reginald money. Guys, is Michelle just heading home, Just got my workout in, about to start work. Have a great day world, I Shall Good morning to Lisa starting work at Monash I VF Geelong. She's an ambroologist.
Speaker 3: Morning Lisa. We were clients.
Speaker 5: They started so young, these kids, don't they It's gone mad two years old and already program. How does your he's got paper at paying for that?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast, tatsye.
Speaker 5: Quite a few people testing in the window Makers and Farmers Market, Christmas Twilight Carnival three pm to eight pm. This coming Sunday, the seventeenth of Bluga.
Speaker 3: Well, how lovely I might get along to that.
Speaker 5: I think, as why as you're not opening it.
Speaker 3: Getting the keys to this, I should have the keys.
Speaker 5: To this career. Absolutely, I'm surprise you've not got it one way or the other by now. All right, So the big movie coming at where it's out now? Actually I went to see it last night. My wife surprised me. We went to go and see Gladiator two. It's got so much high people saying it's the masterpiece. The original movie, which came out twenty four years ago. Gladiator was twenty four years old. Ridley Scott, the original director, back doing Gladiator two. The cast is stacked. You've got Paul Mescal who's a brilliant up and coming Irish acter. You've got Pedro Pascal everybody loves, and then there's Denzil Washington as well.
Speaker 6: If you think this can be stopped, you are fooling yourselves. All of this madness began with Maximusdious and now years later we are paying for his doing.
Speaker 5: You rest your bond. I'll finish your quest for you. All right, there are gonna be no spoilers, all right, And what we're about to say. I really enjoyed the movie. I hope you go and see it in the cinema. It should be seen on the big screen. Okay, it's a great fun movie. My wife and I had fun.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Jane, Well, fun is a good way to describe I just don't remember the first one being like that.
Speaker 5: I remember the first one.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was the age I was, but being a very serious.
Speaker 5: I watched it again over the weekend, right to get the mood right. It's it's still a great movie. It's a classic, and Russell Crowe is incredibly He's got real gravitas. He's amazing in it.
Speaker 4: There were some sillier moments, I would say, So.
Speaker 5: You and I had an argument about it afterwards, yes.
Speaker 4: Because she said that I don't that I'm too cynical and that I always find the something bad in a movie rather than just enjoy it for what it is. And it is a huge, big blockbuster, lots of action, so you will love it. But I said, well, what was it the sharks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Look, there's a moment where there are quite a lot like the original movie. There were some amazing set fights in the Colosseum. Okay, the Colosseum's back and it's not CGI. The action sequences are stunning. Go and see it in I'm Out's right, it's brilliant. And they haven't used any CGI. The Colosseum is a one to well one replica. It's huge. Yeah, so the mcg.
Speaker 4: Yes, but then there are some CGI.
Speaker 5: Shuts it in the Colosseum, and.
Speaker 4: Bankee said, well, I think that was true that they did. They were able to put water in the colony.
Speaker 5: That I didn't because I remember companies Ago go into Row and I did one of those tours, right, and they said they used to flood it. Okay, right, I believe, not say about and then the gladiators and the peasants and that trying to fight fight for freedom taken on shots.
Speaker 4: So this this actually became like if you can push them in the water, don't worry the sharks or two or much.
Speaker 5: So my first question is, I mean, look, they put millions on this movie. The writers must have done a quick Google or chat gpt Rome you know rio Ward, and how do they get them because Rome isn't by the sea side.
Speaker 7: No, So someone actually asked Ridley Scott this and he said, dude, if you can build a colosseum, you can flood it with effing water.
Speaker 4: Are you joking?
Speaker 7: And you'd obviously get a couple of sharks in a net from the sea, are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Of course they can. Okay, that's someone who hasn't googled it.
Speaker 5: And also how would they say they did get the sharks from the sea? How did they get them? There was chariots, great question, but apparently not.
Speaker 7: There aren't a lot of sources. I could fight on the internet, but there.
Speaker 5: Because there's like two or three a few.
Speaker 4: Photos of actual sharks in the coliseum.
Speaker 7: There are two reports that they would ship exotic animals in from around the world, including rhinoceroses and sharks, and they what about gibbons? I haven't had time to Also, it felt like because there was lines in the original right, which what when we think of the col.
Speaker 5: In the original one, Crowe just shakes one off like it's a fat abby gat wee. Jimmy just shakes off and the I can't fight Russell Crowe.
Speaker 4: We think of Gladiata's fighting lions and it's as if they got to Gladiada too and go, well, we can't do line now done with monkeys and sharks. Monkeys and sharks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the other thing I want to know is like and one of the scene, someone is reading a newspaper, right, And even I'm not a great historian, but I don't believe that the press and like printing paper and that and newspapers weren't by another sort of one thousand years after Ancient Rome, which fell in like two one hundred and fifty eighty.
Speaker 7: Scholars commonly credit the Ancient Romans with publishing the first newspaper.
Speaker 5: Actor Diona in Well, this one was called something like it was the Herald Rome. It was something like the Daily Rome or something like that.
Speaker 7: But do you have official notices a sort of daily gazette? But these were carved on stone.
Speaker 5: No, no, this was like it was a newspaper. No, no, no, no, it didn't exist. Yeah, I don't think they're wired about historical accuracy with it either. As well. Paul Mescalol is incredible, but they're all great. His ascendency now to being a proper a list and stuff like that. However, it's not. It's nowhere near the Gravitasi the original.
Speaker 4: No, I would agree with that, but the action is just as delicious as the first one.
Speaker 5: So on the way there, my wife goes Christeners checking this is something to do with the first one. I went, it's called Gladiator two.
Speaker 4: Think it's a coincidence.
Speaker 5: They both know it's the new Bridget Jones one, you grant the brid of it and Colin Foot.
Speaker 4: They actually expanded Gladiata is the TV show into the movie.
Speaker 5: Richard Curtis has directed it. The other thing that annoyed me is they just called it Gladiator two.
Speaker 4: What you didn't We wanted some kind of sundering.
Speaker 5: Even like the Indiana Jones movies they have named Star Wars or New Hope the Empire Fights Back. They just didn't go Star Wars one, two, three, four. They could have called like Gladiator, Arena of.
Speaker 4: Blood, Gladiata two, Sharks, Monkeys, Rhino.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and don't forget sand in the Eye as well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast with my.
Speaker 5: Wife and I went to see Gladiator too last night. There's a scene it's this isn't a spoiler remotely, but there's a scene where they flood the Colosseum, and then these gladiators fighting for their freedom. I have to fight sharks, right And I'm like, my wife goes, they might be dolphins.
Speaker 4: I'm like, it doesn't make it easy.
Speaker 5: What are you going to do to the gladiators? Tickle them? Flipper isn't going to be deadly to a guy with a spear in the blade fighting for his freedom.
Speaker 4: And it still doesn't explain how Roman's got on from.
Speaker 5: Guys. I think there's are like this. I can hear the squeaking. Oh my god, they're releasing the dolphins. So what has happened to the hair? Well?
Speaker 4: I went to my regular barber yesterday and he goes, you know when with the barbie, you don't have to book, You just kind of walk in and hope you get it. He's cutting somebody's hair already, so I go, I'll come back. He goes, no, no, don't worry about it. And we got our best guy right here. He's this is my usual guy. His name's Ram's from Nepal. And he steps back and goes, we got our best guy right here. And I thought he was joking. He points at what looks like a child son of said and then the expression on his face says he's not joking. It's like this teenager must be.
Speaker 5: He should have gone, oh no, no, I've got to do your few errands.
Speaker 8: You have to go.
Speaker 4: I wanted to, but I flubbed in this in the moment, and I am just too don't to be rude, a nice person, So I go, okay, okay, so now.
Speaker 5: How old do you? Seriously we saw now what do you think? Fifteen?
Speaker 4: Fifteen? Sixteen?
Speaker 5: What to do? I think he's a trainee.
Speaker 4: He must be because as he sat down, Ram is telling him things like all right, so just like go and get the yeah giving him guy.
Speaker 5: Handing him what to do. Yeah, and so you get those yeah and put that side that he wasn't even.
Speaker 4: Allowed his own scissors. So he does the clippers on the side.
Speaker 5: I've got those ones that your mum hand for like cutting fabric, and that they have dashery ones.
Speaker 4: He does a bit of clipper work on the side, and.
Speaker 5: Then he's had a girl on that left side, and.
Speaker 4: Then he and then he sort of did like a pat himself down, and Ram goes, oh, you can use my scissors if you want. So he had to borrow the real scissors. He wasn't even Alloudy's own set experience. So he's going like, I'm just sitting there, going this is the he started. Now, so what can I do? But maybe I'll have to go to another hairdressers to and get this fixed up. He's cutting it, He's cutting away, and then he gets a blow dryer out and does this weird pompadoor thing where he's really.
Speaker 5: I'd love to see the sort of Roman senate courtiers.
Speaker 4: And then Ram keeps leaning over. My usual guy keeps leaning over and goes like, are you liking that? It's like he and he's loving it. He's like, oh my god, looks so good. I'm gonna he goes, I'm going to get that for myself.
Speaker 5: I watched, can I go? It's hard, Ram, don't just talk the talk.
Speaker 4: And he's made it with the blow drays, made it so dry. My hair is like rizzy and puffy. Maybe I'll have to, like when I have a shower and wash it out, it'll look good. And he goes, get get the spray, get the spray sprayed down, and the spray does nothing. But I will say this, and in the moment, I hated it and I thought I'm gonna have to go to another hairdresser by the time I went home and I did wash it out, and I did it the way that I like it, without the pompadoor and without using the blow dry to send it backwards. I am happy with how the teenager did my haircut.
Speaker 5: But this is it. Now you'll now have son of Ram. You're going to be his one and only customer there.
Speaker 4: I actually do trust him now because I'm happy with this haircut.
Speaker 3: It's a good cut, it looks good.
Speaker 5: I just wish I could have seen pompador post. Please make that happen again.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Patsy has bought something normally for seventy plus year olds.
Speaker 3: The time has come, as the war said Chris was. We have got all these suckers on our roses out the front garden, and they're like, you know, it's like Terry Dactor when you go through the front door.
Speaker 5: What is it.
Speaker 3: There's suckers. They're like off shoots from the standard roses. Yeah, but they're like two meters long. Some of them just let them go like yeah, they sort of so they shoot off.
Speaker 5: Have you got roses? Yeah, oh beautiful in color.
Speaker 3: They're Iceberg's beautiful white crisp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're like the Menila ones or vanilla, so yeah.
Speaker 3: Like pure white. But it's funny because one of them is going almost red. So I don't know how that happens.
Speaker 5: Because there's no cross pollination.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird. Anyway, So he had to get out of the weekend and get these suckers off because they're just like almost covering the front door. Anyway. Of course, he's got the bung knee, which is still recovering from and it's still a little bit stiff.
Speaker 4: So you haven't put him through more manual labor in the last six years. You've got a story where even though he's got this Bugny is just out of her wheelchair and you've got a sup of fans on the roof Christmas decorations.
Speaker 3: Recovery Jack, you've got to get movie very active. I'll lose it, they say, anyway, so we'll chop it off. Anyway, he's kneeling down trimming, trimming the roses, and he came in and he said, oh, my knees, I'm really I think of her.
Speaker 5: It was just like a nineteen seventy sick Oh my bushes, madam.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I said, we'll be careful. You know, you've got to take it easy, and he said, no.
Speaker 5: I will be careful. Then maybe don't get him to do that if he's still recovering from a knee surgery. He couldn't walk for six weeks for no balling men did knee.
Speaker 3: Anyway said I think I need I think the time has come for one of those garden kneeling the kneeling pads, you know, And so we had a look on buttings. There's a whole range of needs.
Speaker 5: Are there, like joint once you can have his and hers one big kneaning pad, whish.
Speaker 3: They did, but they've not just got the kneeling pad. Then you can sort of like upgrade to like a frame with handle.
Speaker 5: I think that's a sexy lamb thing. I told the kids that's just for the gardening.
Speaker 3: But I wonder if anyone else uses one, because.
Speaker 5: You know what, listen this station, we don't want those called from the really really decrepit nailedly. We did a phone in last week that the accidental cocoon has start calling in the really old ones. What was it the oldest? Was it the oldest? Bit of cothing you own. Yes, we had a lot of very old people.
Speaker 3: But I suggested he could maybe use like all these knee guards from her roller skates, but they didn't like. So we're in the market for a kneeling.
Speaker 5: Pad like Tony Hawk's. So are you getting those knee pads?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I think I'll go to Bunnings and actually get you can get these proper like kneeling pads.
Speaker 5: Who hals, we have one in the office for I think we got it for the mis Is it?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 5: Who kneels down a rating stage to pray?
Speaker 4: It's just to make the sacrifice of the god.
Speaker 5: It'll be huggy again. How many times has he been sacrificed? He comes back from the dead his powers?
Speaker 10: Are you.
Speaker 5: All right? So pass? He said? I love the phrase. The time has come for My wife has a shoehorn. Now, oh signals age. So she's four years older than me, right, She keeps going, you're just being stubborn, Chris, I went, no, I am. You don't want to give in to ultimately age too soon. I can still put my own shoes on, She went, it says she shows off like, look you jealous, because not remotely we need still need some mistake in this relationship. It's hard to see you as not being incredibly old now with a shoehorn, a short one or a long one. It's a long one, and not just that she's got like it was her birthday Friday. And I've got these Adidas Gazelles so they are really cool trains, which look you're jealous. No, stop doing in front of.
Speaker 4: Me, making the shoes not cool anymore.
Speaker 5: You're ruining all your core points. I don't think indeed is do them with a complimentially elongated shoehorn. All right, the time has come for in your life? What has the time come.
Speaker 1: For arming the Christian O'Connell show up all night?
Speaker 5: You got bifocals, Patsy, No, but I.
Speaker 3: Am resisting that because my optometres says I should have them, but I'm saying no, I'm not getting them. But I do need them because I find I'm sort of taking my glasses on and off, which is why I'm losing.
Speaker 5: Do you do any contact lenses because now you can get by focal Yeah, contact.
Speaker 3: But there are a lot of faffing about as well, aren't they. You know you've got to keep them clean, and I did have contacts for a while, but I accidentally kept going to bed with them in and then they get dry in the which is not good. So I've just given up.
Speaker 4: How do we feel about the glasses that turn into sunglasses in the sun?
Speaker 5: Nothing more stylish. I'd love a pair. My dad had them, and I thought about creatition. That was the coolest thing. I'd love to be a grown up bit to do that. That's before the matrix came out. That's what we have. Oh man six through the matrix? Where he is? He's got the right eyewear adjust How does he do that? Is his time traveler Tomorrow's wold today? Oh? My dad's eyes.
Speaker 3: They're not cheap either, the old bifocals.
Speaker 5: No, they're really not. Now, Jack, what is it the time for for you? You've you've you've gone full into early middle age by yelling.
Speaker 4: At woll No, I didn't yell at teenagers, but I was definitely not happy with them and about my wife. They knocked on the door after midnight.
Speaker 5: That's really out of a baby as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'll give you the excuse they use all the reason. I was like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: The dog's barking. Yeah, like, okay, wake up, wake up, there's someone at the door. I looked through the door. A couple of teenagers opened the door to go sorry, we're trying to get an uber and we don't know what street we're on, what streets is for?
Speaker 5: And Jack is doing demonstration of some very wide eyes very and I presume it wasn't from meeting radio's jack pots. Oh my god, gush, that is ridiculous story. That was me.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get back to sleep.
Speaker 3: What way walked down to the end of the street and have a little.
Speaker 5: See in forties be wild and Cage.
Speaker 4: Three has actually spent the next ten minutes at the Venetian blinds, just with half a crackness, watching them make sure they did get in the car and go.
Speaker 5: What are they up to? One of the great joys of getting older is spying out your buyers. Honestly, I can sometimes I go and make a cup of tea and I go, God, I'm going to go and do it for no good reason, spy out onto the street from my Venetians. Bis, I can see you, but you can't see me.
Speaker 4: And then just keep a running commentary and that's what I was doing for bank. They're in the neighbors driveway now, yeah, I think they really are getting a Nuba care fair enough?
Speaker 5: How is that carbon part up in front of ours? Now? Is it day dow or two? Do we need to call anyone? All right, let's go to who we got here? Vicky, come on in, Vicky.
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 5: Morning Vicky and Vicky. So have you got kneeling pants like Patsy? I do? I do you sound you sound young? You said, like twenty or thirty?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: Thanks, babe, No, no, no, I am turning thirty nine next Friday. Just fyi, it's my birthday and I had to buy one because I am struggling to get up off the ground.
Speaker 5: Well, they're not like a little trampoline. They don't like bounce your back up like Wallas.
Speaker 3: Normal off.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, nobody.
Speaker 11: They've got two functions as well, so you can turn the turn the thing around, and you know, you can have it closer to the ground, or you can be sitting on it, you know, if you're doing potting or something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I work for the company that does the supplying for them.
Speaker 5: I see, nicey, does you ruled us in very good, very good. We'll have Nike and everyone. Actually, Nike, you don only demotopy this boy. They bringing out orthopedic shoes or socks. All right, Vicky, thanks you giving us a call. Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thank you too.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every week on our show, your calls win prizes. You could be winning one thousand dollars for our call of the week. Two ways you can get your stories on the show this morning on nine four one four one o four three. What have you been paid in other than cash? Sharon Morgan. I knitted a jumper for a friend's husband. He gave me a law mower. Had a dinner party. Your friend's husband ask me if I could make him a jumper. I said, look, you pay for the wall and the pattern, I'll make it for you. I don't normally ask the payment. I make for joy. He noticed the house I was living in and had a small front lawn and a small car concrete backyard. So when he came to pick up the jumper, he delivered me a brand new law mode.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's so nice.
Speaker 5: Jason Fletcher, my dad built a house for my muma's brother back in the eighties and was given a color TV. He was hoping for some money build a house. I mean, how many months does it take to house? The audacity of that is quite admirable in a way, Jess Christian. I pay our house sitter, which is my parents in produce. We have chicks which is eggs and vegetables for them. Oh living in the ear of mice and men, are we maz My dad in the sixties and seventies rarely used cash for everything. Everything was swap or trade. Some are ones that stand out. Half a cow payment for processing, the other half by the butchers. A piglet for a painter who painted our shed just so was like a nursery rhyme. A piglet for the painter painted on shed and Dell got paid in a fifty kilo back of potatoes for making some cabinet doors, which costs hundreds to make. A Christian a back of spaes s jack and the bean stalk. So yeah, other than cash, what have you been paid in? Didn't your dad get offered a cow? One?
Speaker 4: He got offered a cow when he turned eighteen by regional football club to come and play football for them. Now I guess it wasn't enough because he did turn them down.
Speaker 5: That's how Jim is trying to lure those players up from the Tigers up to the gold cost and payment of cows. So yeah, we're looking for your stories and other than cash or whatever you've been paid in a nine four one one four three. And also you're miss sayings. Christian, my husband miss says like a pig style in here instead of like a pig style. Like a pig style in here doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Speaker 4: I guess a pig style could be messy.
Speaker 5: You're right, You're right, Allison. I used to work with someone that would say I can't phantom it instead of I can't fathom it, Dave. My wife still says it's all just water under the fridge now instead of Jim. Last week someone called in with Mutton Tress's hand instead of Mutton Tesses on which I love as well. Here's some of our favorite calls we heard. Friday.
Speaker 13: I used to work with someone who always heard the best sayings, and her favorite was she was always at the end of her feather.
Speaker 11: Making hinds of meat instead of making ends me.
Speaker 12: So my wife's constantly saying in the walls instead of in the walls.
Speaker 11: My wife came out and said that's better than a poke in the stick with a sharp eye.
Speaker 5: All right, you're miss sayings. And other than cash, what have you been paid in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Other than cash? What have you been paid in? And also this morning on the show on nine four one four one o four three that's her number phrases you or someone get wrong, Christian, play it by year instead of play it by ear. My mum always caused people from Country Victoria out on the stakes like pants. These people, I guess country pumpkins instead country pumpkins. Some of these are better country. Look at them, bloody country pumpkins. Christian. When I get paid another than cash. In nineteen eighty seven, I was a hairdresser. I poemed a friend of mine. She gave me a free horse. Just a different time, Christian. I'm forty five and the time has come for me to have a pill box for all my daily vitamins in the morning. That's from Kelly, Good morning, Matts, Matt Yoel. Sorry, that's alright right, everyone's busy in the morning.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, no, no, Will.
Speaker 12: I've got a friend of mine that does the miss said sayings and has done for a very long time that we started to compile a list. In our top four, i'd say plant the carrot instead of plan at the seed.
Speaker 5: Wow, that sounds like a euphemism for something else.
Speaker 10: Oh I know, well, we actually all have started saying it.
Speaker 5: Fine. It just spreads.
Speaker 12: It totally spreads. So we want to spread that one if you can.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Go with the fly instead of go with the flow.
Speaker 5: Again, it feels like an advertising slogan, doesn't it. And crust of it instead of crux of it, the crust of it, crust of its getting to the end of something. Yeah, the crust.
Speaker 12: And our last favorite one of the top ten is bullet at a gate.
Speaker 5: Matt, anytime he gets your new entries, give us a quarter.
Speaker 2: Ka.
Speaker 5: You know, well, all right, thanks Matt, Thanks you calling Michelle. Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good Michelle, Welcome to show. So your husband's a locksmith. What has it been pain in? So?
Speaker 11: Yeah, my happy's a locksmith's been a lotsmith for many years, and he's been paid in some really weird stuff, weird and wonderful things. He's been paid in a ladder, which he already had four, so that was great. He got a small flat screen TV. He's been paid in an old set of Encyclopedia Britanny. Also been propositions before, but the best one, the best one by far, had to be two thousand or around two thousand tins of sardines in oil, not even the good ones in tomato.
Speaker 5: But that wasn't part of the proposition. Was it me and.
Speaker 12: Time separate times?
Speaker 11: So that was probably the best.
Speaker 5: Widely think he doesn't want to actually paid in cash or does he feel awkward asking him to pay his Inboys to Go? I love that TV?
Speaker 11: Actually no, absolutely not. He usually gets paid in cash. But he's just a really helpful fellow. And I suppose people say to him, I haven't got any money here, take this.
Speaker 5: But so many sardines.
Speaker 11: I don't even know how that came about.
Speaker 12: I don't know, but we had, we had so many.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'd still be eating them. Yeah, not anymore. Michelle, Thank you very much. You cal okay, thank you, Anthony, good morning, welcome to the show. How are you? Yeah, we're good to Anthony. And so which one are you colling in about? What have you paid another in cash or what miss saying yep.
Speaker 12: So I'm I'm a painter and I painted a lander and ceiling about seven years ago. And they said, instead of paying the cash, do you want a Holden Rodea?
Speaker 5: So I said yeah?
Speaker 4: And what Nick was the car?
Speaker 12: It was actually in good Nick. We had it for about five years. They had a flat battery, so I just jumped started it, drive it on, got a road worthy and we had it for about five years.
Speaker 5: A great one.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then we put it on Marketplace for seven hundred and fifty dollars and it's sold in about one and a half minutes.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Yeah, people love those older holdings, you know. Yeah, mate, it was great, So yeah, Anty, thanks you cal.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Sign for this week's Name game. Never heard it before, You will be playing it within the next minute.
Speaker 8: Do you have a name that's a pain a name you always need to explain? Well, we've maina my name as in game.
Speaker 5: Every Thursday. You call us up, you tell us the one line clue. If you have a name that is tricky for people to understand over the phone, you tell us the clue. We work backwards trying to guess what your name is? It goes like this, all right, Caller one. Every time I tell people my day name, I have to say, as in Koala beer, no, mattress. No.
Speaker 13: If that doesn't work, I have to say as in the chocolate caramelo.
Speaker 5: Yes, good morning. Caller two, he.
Speaker 3: Pan, no Rabbit, no Wendy, no King of the Mountains, oh Brock yes.
Speaker 5: Caller three, good morning.
Speaker 11: So this is my surname.
Speaker 5: Who is Jesus Christ, Savior, Son of God, god Son. Yes, that's my favorite. All right, are we ready to play? Yes? Jackie ready? Ready, Patsy you ready? All right, let's play Caller one. Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Good morning here going team.
Speaker 5: We're good and thanks for calling and taking part. All right, what is your clue to your name?
Speaker 13: So I have you a first and my last name. So for my first name, as in ned Kelly, that's it, right, had I was disappointed there the second one as in bottom of a ship, yeah, pats.
Speaker 5: Whereas our friend Jackie boy, Well, it's good to start with the getable one. Do you remember they won a couple of weeks ago, which was impossible a country in England. Leon, Thank you very much, The caring okay, thanks and.
Speaker 13: Thanks for making my morning start brings pleasure.
Speaker 5: Very kind of saying thank you, caller too, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 13: It's going to be almost as easy as that one.
Speaker 5: It's the it's my full name, and it's the name of a former English cricket captain. I them Michael vamanlt of Michael Michael Vaughan is correct. Listen and I've been well team, but we can you can let a few tougher ones on the list.
Speaker 4: We getting like my wife letting engulf.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't do that. The call of three, Good morning, team, how are we We're good? Caller three, welcome, off you go. So my first name is a.
Speaker 13: Comic duo from the sixties and my surname is an animals sleeping place.
Speaker 5: Separate. Al Right, guys, someone says you'd be careful. You as.
Speaker 4: Sixty comedy.
Speaker 3: Mart Dean Martin and what was his name, Jerry Lewis.
Speaker 5: She was trying to speed up, but he's out loud, thought brocess. Let's this girl with the patch. All right, sixties comedy Martin Malloy.
Speaker 4: What we're like Albert and Costello.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're getting closed, Laurrel and Hardy. Yes, your first name is Laurel or Hardy Laurel Laurel.
Speaker 3: Who was the second clue for the surname uh a place where an animal sleeps, then borrow.
Speaker 5: No whole, nest, no Laurel nest, no cave, no Warren, Yes, la Warren. Are you Lauren Warren?
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 5: I'm getting so much joy from saying that. Lauren Warren said ten times. That is great. Thank you Laura for giving us a good date.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast, Christian.
Speaker 5: My husband is a gas plumber and he was working around the Mornington Peninsula area checking on gas meters. A lady in Hastings didn't have a lot of cash, so he asked him if he could be paid with a pig instead. He was smart enough not to take the pig. I mean, that's the training, isn't it kicks in? Then it's probably module nineteen. Do not accept pigs on the morning ten Peninsula. You will regret it, counting. Thank you very much, team. Are we ready for part two on the name game? As in ready guy caller one? Good morning, Good morning guys, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Your clue is so this was my first name, My name is as you was shy.
Speaker 5: Ment Simon, Simple Simon, Simon says Funkel, No, Simon Baker, no, Simon call no, we're on now. Simon's are significant? Simon's are? What's the one who Jesus mates the disciples? Disciples? Simon doesn't sound doesn't sound like a biblical name, does it? And then his mate Simon just see saint Simon. No, there's no Simon Simon, Simon. What are the famous ones? Are they? Australian Simon?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 5: No whole Simon's. Now let's go to the Ecuadorian Simon.
Speaker 11: Now, what is it you want me to tell you?
Speaker 4: We give up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Karlie, oh of course, singer Carly Simon.
Speaker 5: You're so vain, yes, yeah, gotcha. All right, thank you very much for calling in. Have a good day, Thank you. Good morning caller too. Welcome to the name game morning. Okay, got a good poker voice close close to your chest as it's all right, off you go.
Speaker 10: So it's my last name?
Speaker 12: It is as in the herd.
Speaker 5: Cow cilantro heard heard no speak up? Love? What is it? Herb oh time? Tarigan, Italian season all spice? It was? Is your name? Basil?
Speaker 10: Last name?
Speaker 5: All right? Thank you very much you calling him caller three, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you really good?
Speaker 5: And I hope you will as well. I am, thank you.
Speaker 13: My last name is as in be and my us and certainly be a drinker.
Speaker 5: Foster's no Carlton, no piny and Victoria bitter, no palm, but wise, of course, no guiness, Hawker's no beer mater, four pines.
Speaker 4: Brewer, brewer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, I was just going through alarming me quickly as well. I mean I was in a game show.
Speaker 11: Ironically enough, my mother's maiden name was.
Speaker 5: Vickers, as in biggest Gin. That is dripping an irony. Someone get a Laras Marsett back in the studio to add another line to that song. Love it. Thanks according him, Thank you, bye bye, thank you, call a fork, good morning, good morning, and four, off you go.
Speaker 13: My name is enough as in.
Speaker 5: The hospital sick illness death, emergency Yeah, bed nod fib.
Speaker 4: No Austin nurse, the carts Alfred Alfred.
Speaker 5: Atworth no no good hospital knowledge team. By the way, we need to a bit further afield now Blake Gowy nurse doctor ye patient war no, sister, no, give us another clue to do with the hospital and I hope we can get this. It's in the hospital itself. Yes, I did surgery. No, Peter, you're sure it's not Ward. What name is I said, the age?
Speaker 7: It is war.
Speaker 5: We just saw someone looking people take this in going Christians already said.
Speaker 3: It in Finnis. We were all yelling at him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was in the hospital. That that's what really helped. All right, thank you very much, going to school. U's get one last one in. It's going to be you. Thank you, good morning to.
Speaker 10: Call a five a last name, as in watch your sit.
Speaker 5: On chair set stole it?
Speaker 10: No bench, how Catstner in the works, I guess how we pronounce it as in laundry us.
Speaker 5: On the radio. I don't feel good about getting that one, though.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time Today's Time Waster for the best in show today, Double pass, Go who fitted Cinema's Gold Class Go and see Gladiator. My wife surprised me yesterday with gold class tickets that recline. I actually felt like a sort of Roman king being entertained for two and a half hours by Ridley Scott in the movie Okay, Today's Time Wasteter on World Nana Appreciation Day. Yeah, appreciate you. Nana's today. We're looking for your Nana movies. Tell you what movies nance love to watch? Chitty Chitty Nan Nan Silver, Batanan Gold, Silence of the NaNs Silver, The Nantastic four Silver, Plass, No Country for Old Nonnas Silver? All right, Jackie boy, what else to nana's love to watch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they love to watch sea biscuit, Sea biscuit tin?
Speaker 3: What Nana's always had a tin?
Speaker 4: Maybe astral?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that must thank you? Bingo unchained that ass goals that is that is gold plus a fistful of Doiley's also gold. And she's lost her husband Nana finding No, yeah, no, no.
Speaker 5: They called that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Italian non.
Speaker 5: A calling in right now? All right, what have you got there? We're looking for your nan movies.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Let's see how they've done. Danny Pattle has Grandsformers Gold, Jurassic Nana Problems When Harrah Met Nona Silver, John Knit Silver plus, The Dentures of Tintin Not The Adventures gold Well, I'm Brad Edward Knitting Hands.
Speaker 4: Silver, Eat Prey Knit Silver.
Speaker 5: Austin Powers A Spy of Shag nan No, Come on, Rebecca Big Nanna's House from Sonya Gold. I know what you knitted last summer Silver? That's so what I'm Tony Nanbo gold instead of Enders game, Lavender's game. They love Lavender that Marley and Potpourri gold and you spelled it perfectly as well, which must have been very hard or auto correct. Well done, Laurence Smith or Marleon Potpourri. A fish called Nonna Silver, Nona Darko Bronze, How to train your Nana Silver Juice, Knitterlo Nana Jiggilow. We love a juice like gold or automatic gold? What on Frasier weerthers on the Orient Express Gold op and Nonna Silver knitting Hill.
Speaker 4: We really think that all mothers do is?
Speaker 5: I was sure that we've got this right Silver, Puss and Mothball Prophecy silver. All right? Who is winning the Golga god Pass?
Speaker 4: Well done to Lauren for Marley and Potpourri.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Christmas is so composed. It's actually quite a few weeks away, to be honest. But Christmas is everywhere now in the shops, isn't it? And do you know where Christmas really lives in our hearts boys and Girls, And I'm very, very excited because coming next week on the show, we're looking for your grown up wish list. You know, kids have a little wish list of what they like. We say, not just for kids, just like, hey, listen, what about us grown up? So grown up start to think about what would be on your grown up wish list? And we're going to start to make those dreams come true. And right now I can turn a microphone on at the home of Santa in the North Pole. Now're not going to be doing this with Santa because obviously he's very busy boys and Girls, But just like there's a you know, Chris Hemsworth, and there's a Liam Hemsworth. I know everyone knows Santa Claus, but not many people know that he has a brother that sort of looks after he had messed. Yeah, and he's quite a bit of a bog character. And he's called Gary Klaus, Gary Klaus, Are you there? Oh ho ho, Christian Jack And that's you're in the studio, but you're you're already in the North Party in.
Speaker 2: The North Palm, in the western suburbs of the North Pole.
Speaker 10: Ash.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I'm making sure the adults this Christmas get what they were, not just.
Speaker 5: The kiddies's like fifth And how are you fold to do this because you know Christmas can be expensive.
Speaker 9: And money is tied Christian but not at Mercedes benz Bery.
Speaker 5: Well you've got Mercedes benz Berry. There, we've got one in Melbourne that people love. They do great deals. I'm sure that one's great to driving now in a slave But he got from Mercedes benz Berry. Yes, they did great trading as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, Christmas has come early. At Mercedes, he spends better.
Speaker 5: Question, they're better.
Speaker 2: Any trade offer by at least five thousand dollary two.
Speaker 9: Another two thousand until just send by thirty one? My word garage use terms apply?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, forget that. And so what are you looking for? They're going to write to me and then I'll send them on to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, very busy man. Yeah, I know you've got a lot of time on your hands. If you're an adult.
Speaker 9: And you've got something on your adults only Christmas wish list, Well.
Speaker 4: That makes it sound like it has to be something naughty. Yeah, and you need to clarify that if you meant perverts, I think only an adult would Well again, you're.
Speaker 5: Making it worse. Those love balls or something.
Speaker 2: No kids are allowed to write in what are you kids?
Speaker 5: All of a sudden carriage?
Speaker 2: I only deal with adults.
Speaker 5: For Christmas to be a warm hearted thing. Next week on the show.
Speaker 2: There is nothing untowarn about this. WhatsApp happy ending?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, just normal on TV or something. If I wanted that's kids, no kids, it shuck next week on the show, right.
Speaker 2: Exactly, that's what we're calling it.
Speaker 9: So if you're an adult, you have a gift that you want for yourself for Christmas? Love this scary email Christian at christiano'connell dot com.
Speaker 2: Dot are you that's where you come in.
Speaker 5: That's great, Jack, What would you like for you?
Speaker 4: Yes, there is something called a grip at club.
Speaker 5: Watch again that sounds it is the fleshlight.
Speaker 4: It is a brush that also has a detergent in it that you used to clean.
Speaker 3: Is it a golf club cleaner?
Speaker 4: Yes, golf.
Speaker 5: Garrett practicing his grip on his swing.
Speaker 2: I don't think i'd be allowed to give something like that on edge.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 2: Maybe he has something more wholesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. You know what I would like a really nice bag, but I don't know if I've been good enough to like warrant how expensive they are Santa.
Speaker 5: But you know what.
Speaker 3: I would like, like a designer bag, like my first proper one. I know it's very great here, but I figure I just Jackie Show said to the love God, I do deserve it this year. You know after my second acrat that.
Speaker 2: He was calling us on the North Pole the day after an hour.
Speaker 9: It's one of the thirty five instagrams. I mean, Darry does have a budget. Yeah, I guess, come on, it's a ten k budget.
Speaker 2: Oh if we can spend.
Speaker 5: That's a little bit left over the listeners to fight over next week rovals in the street. Oh wow, okay, so we'll chat to you again tomorrow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see your lovely letters. Christian.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much. All right, so grown ups only? And what do they lay? Email again? Christian? Yeah, christianoconnell dot com dot are you you have a great day in the Santi Facty with the elves? You too, Christian?
Speaker 1: Bye bye now The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast