Speaker 1: Come on here we go, Hello Australia.
Speaker 2: Britt How are you feeling great?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Why?
Speaker 2: Because you know exactly why.
Speaker 3: I was like if you forgot them already, because that might not be good for you.
Speaker 2: I might have forgotten.
Speaker 4: But this weekend, I mean, I'm leaving here. I'm packing my bags and I'm literally flying to South African Thank you.
Speaker 2: Mitch into the jungle.
Speaker 3: Just in case. Do you know how I'm feeling. I'm feeling sad because you're potentially could be gone for I mean, who knows. You might be out of there real quick, but it could be a week, it could be four weeks, it could be it could be a month. It could just be Mitch and I left here by ourselves on this show.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good to go.
Speaker 4: Then you guys have failed me because this is purely on audience votes. So if I go first, it means Sierra people voted for me, and I'm going to blame you too, Minch and Laura for not pushing it enough to vote for me.
Speaker 2: Right, everyone you heard it here, First vote.
Speaker 3: For Brittany Hockley. I'm a celebrity. To get me out of here. I am so excited for you. But also, I just it feels like it's not real that it's happening yet. I know it feels like it's not real. Literally so nervous.
Speaker 4: I have had no time to prep mentally, physically, spiritually, spiritually.
Speaker 1: Well, we've spoken a production. We will be hearing from you live from the jungle. We have technology that will get you on the pickup most days, so we will hear from you. They've been building you a lovely heart with a banana leaf in a couple of tweaks. I've spoken to the designers in Africa, long piece of strings, lovely hippo, who's working on that.
Speaker 3: I think you'll have to give us a bit of insight into what's happening in the camp, into who some of the people are that are in there, the celebrities.
Speaker 4: I am going to try and feed back a bit of camp gossip.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but today on the show, this is Britt's final show in this country for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: It's a tribute to Britney Hockey, it.
Speaker 1: Really is, truly. We're going to get some inside gosses to what goes on before they fly you out, because some of the tests they're putting you through brit and next level, so hold it, don't tell us that's all on the way for BRIT's final show. It's very sad, you know, Happy Friday, everybody, all right, we're kicking it off next time. The pick up around Australia. If you were just tuning in, you might not be aware that our beautiful Brittany Hockley is heading into the arm of celebrity. Get me out of here jungle.
Speaker 4: It's very exciting, still surreal, and I am so nervous.
Speaker 5: Brittan.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 3: Because yesterday I think was I mean overwhelming, But now you've had a little bit of time to process at all.
Speaker 2: How do you feel that this is what you're going to be doing.
Speaker 4: I woke up in a sweat last night. I had a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Preparing for malaria.
Speaker 4: No that there was yes, it sounds like you've got malaria, alright. No, I had a nightmare that there was a giant spider, like you know, the big giant spider out of Harry Potter, and he was on me on the bed, like on my phone. Because this is your biggest fear, right spiders that's like one that really tipps you over the edge, spices and snakes don't do well.
Speaker 1: So this is the whole show Today is dedicated to getting you ready for the jungle. Laura and I have got our hands on a Channel ten application list or the questions you need to answer before we go in. We'll do that later on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we want to make sure that you are as prepped and as ready as you possibly can be so that you've got the competitive edge.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what we've done is we also like you're part of our show. If you embarrass our program, we're going to be up. We're not doing this.
Speaker 2: For ourselves, Mitch.
Speaker 1: We're doing this bridge. So I wanted to contact a past winner. If I'm a celebrity, get me out of here. So we've gone to the gorgeous, the incredible, the ex winner of our a celebrity, get me out of here Australia. Richard Reed joins us now to give you all the tips you need. Hollow Richard high regard.
Speaker 5: I take exception to being called an X winner. I'm a winner always. Once you've won, you are royalty. You are Jungle royalty. And I gotta tell you I might be a queen, but you, Brittany will be the princess of the jungle. I just know it.
Speaker 4: I sweet because I really I mean, like, when you go into this, you want a win, right, it's for a charity. You want to make sure your charity gets the money. You don't want to go in there and mess around, So like I feel a lot of pressure speaking to.
Speaker 2: An actual winner.
Speaker 5: What is your charity?
Speaker 4: My Charities Rise Up, which is a charity that focuses on domestic violence and shelters for families and women.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh my god, Well I'm going to tell you. I was going to tell you, don't be afraid to cry. You turn on the waterworks everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is it right, Like you've got because you've got to tell your story on there. You've got to make the audience fall in love with you. I mean, don't have time for people don't already love you, Britt. But it's your opportunity to kind of show a different side of yourself.
Speaker 2: Richie.
Speaker 3: What what do you think is your number one tip in terms of like what you would say That was such a big thing for me and got me over the line for Britt to do.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I got two things I'm going to tell you that positive one. First, girl, be yourself. You are beautiful, but I know you're also a super dork. You are a super nerd and let your freak flag fly. You agree, lovable self, Do not put on anything TV, do not put on anything in a radio. You just be yourself and you will be a winner one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: You're the first person that's embraced me. Instaid I'm actually a dog and owned it. Laura says, I'm not a dog.
Speaker 2: So beautiful.
Speaker 3: I don't say as a as an insult. I say it as in, like you are, You're gorgeous. But Richard in saying that, I think.
Speaker 2: That's being the jungle. No, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: That you've said that, because and you know BRIT's spoken about this before from being on the Bachelor. Sometimes when you work in media, you feel like you've got to put your perfect self out there and that people won't like you if you're authentic.
Speaker 2: And I think Britt's such a piece of intimation.
Speaker 5: One because I know when I went in the jungle for the first three days, I was like, yeah, rich agreed, Hollywood, I had the hair I had. Then I just got too damn tired to care. And once you let your real personality show, then people really get to know you. Britney. Do not be a pussy. Do not be a pussy, Do not be afraid. Never say I'm a celebrity. Get me out of here. If they say you're going if they say you're going in with the snakes, you say thank you? How many honey?
Speaker 1: Yes, good advice.
Speaker 2: That's what I usually say on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. See that's the Brittany we want. That's a great nay we want. She's also she's a nerd, but she really can get it. She's gorgeous. So I'm richie. What's what's the biggest bit of advice that on the negative side of the jungle, Like, what really did you struggle with when you were in twenty nineteen?
Speaker 5: Well, of course I was starving. I think I lost more weight than just about anyone. So start eating less. Now, get off the coffee. You know what, people are gonna get on your nerves. You don't have to be friends with everybody, but you have to be friendly with everyone. Don't pick a feud. You don't want a feud because that doesn't look good. Do not roll your eyes. If I see you roll your eyes one time, that means you are that board chick and just don't got time for no one. No, do not roll your right if if you rolled your eyes on The Bachelor, you know they use that shot over they will, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you also can't control how they're going to use it because you might have rolled your eyes at one thing, but then they've got that grab and they can chuck it in anywhere they want to.
Speaker 4: Richard, what was it like because I get the hunger thing, like, I'm immediately I'm off coffee straight away and I'm going to start trying to eat less so I'm not so starving. But what was it like eating all the gross food because I'm petrified about eating an eyeball or a testicle or something.
Speaker 5: Oh, you are going to eat a bull's ball for sure. They want balls in your mouth. Honey, you know that.
Speaker 1: God, I I went to the job. That sounds like a fun time. I would love that.
Speaker 5: No. Want you know what, once you're once you're over the initial crunch of something and then it squirts into your mouth.
Speaker 2: You make it more visceral.
Speaker 5: Rich kids, Because I am telling you that is it goes crunch and it goes and then you just have to girl, it's like a bad day. You just have to swallow and then it's over.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good advice, good advice for many different different Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Awful vomiting you guys watch it. I am going to be vomiting for sure, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Richard Reed, The King of the Jungle from twenty nineteen, from season five, great advice for our love, Brittany will be watching. The whole country are going to be watching. We are all genuinely rooting for you.
Speaker 3: To win, adding to our future queen right here. You know what, Britain, No matter what happens, you're the Queen of the Pickup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love Please.
Speaker 4: If Richard might not vote for me, but if anyone listening, please thank you Richard.
Speaker 1: Well here's how it works, right, so Channel ten, before they send you into the jungle, they give you a checklist. What are you allergic to? What are you most scared of? What are you happy to eat? Britain. Laura and I have got our hands on that exact list. I'm going to check it off. Make sure you're prepared to go next Here at the Pickup, we're all a bit excited because our very own Brittany Hockey is going into the jungles.
Speaker 2: What are we going to do the next pew? What are you going to do on the jungle line?
Speaker 3: And we are I mean, Britt, we only worry about your welfare, and that is exactly where I'm heading with this. I'm just going to be you and I yes, keeping this thing aflow.
Speaker 1: Management haven't really told us what the plan is better. I find that bad.
Speaker 2: You guys think we're going to struggle without me, that's cute name.
Speaker 3: We're gonna miss you so much, But we also we want you to go into this and we want you to be so well prepared. We want you to have everything dialed because we're expecting you to come out of winner.
Speaker 4: Now we pressure I know, right, I mean you guys, I can't win by anything I'm doing there.
Speaker 2: I can only win by you guys voting for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're listening to this, you've got to vote for britt. But this has all come about like so quickly, quite literally yesterday, the day before we found out that you were going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, we've all got emotional whiplash, but we have been in touched with Channel ten, and we have received the questionnaire. So basically, when you go into these reality shows, you get asked a whole lot of questions like around your health, around what things are.
Speaker 2: Your fears, which I'm still waiting to receive.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't need to wait to receive it anymore because Mintion and I have it right here. And we thought, because we do have your best interest at heart, we thought we would help you fill this out. We're going to answer and have a little peek behind the curtain of I'm a Celebrity live.
Speaker 2: On air, so you don't fill it out on my behalf.
Speaker 1: No, we are.
Speaker 2: We're doing it right now.
Speaker 1: It's actually so funny.
Speaker 2: Has got the pen and I got.
Speaker 1: The question speaking like behind the curtain for people or it there's a black pen because it says at the top like you're at the passport office, all in block letters in a black pen.
Speaker 2: Imagine if Bridges sent this in red pen little rebels.
Speaker 1: She would would This is so called says ITV Channel ten pre show questionnaire for I'm a Celebrity. You asked the first question.
Speaker 3: Was Okay, Brittany, how long do you think you are going to last in the competition?
Speaker 2: Until the final. Are you gonna win?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I feel it's so deeply in my soul.
Speaker 4: That's no, that's me manifesting like I don't want to go into this for ships and giggles.
Speaker 2: I'm there to thrive, not survive.
Speaker 1: There's only like seven boxes survived, not.
Speaker 2: Just take either.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to.
Speaker 2: Survive, just stay. But I would prefer to thrive.
Speaker 1: So what am I writing in the box?
Speaker 2: Survived forever forever?
Speaker 1: There's only seven boxes.
Speaker 2: It's ever coming home, no right forever? How long I stay first?
Speaker 1: If you don't want to, you're just right win.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win?
Speaker 1: W I M. I'll read the next one. What's the one thing that would make you say I'm a celebrity? Get me out of here.
Speaker 4: I've been thinking about this. Your biggest fear, I think the most trouble I'm going to have. I think I can talk myself mentally through like spiders and snakes, even though I to test them for me. I think it's going to be the eating challenges, Like eating and I can't even think about eating an eyeball or a testicle or something is making me want to vomit in my mouth.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think would be the worst thing that they could give you to eat an eyeball, because I really feel uncomfortable now.
Speaker 4: I remember one that had the retina and everything attached to it, and they could the person the celebrity could feel it in their mouth like a spaghetti. I think it could see inside them.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: You need to cut the dad jokes because you're gonna lose. I know you're not.
Speaker 2: You're going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: I think you need to show Australia the dorkiest dad's version of Britney.
Speaker 1: People have been catfished by Brittany Hockley is they do not know where we are deep best friends with Britain. She is not at all what you think.
Speaker 3: And speaking about like lifting the curtain, it's not really lifting the curtain.
Speaker 2: I'm a celebrity.
Speaker 3: It's lifting the curtain on Brittany Hockley. Turn into next question, A right, what is your biggest wait?
Speaker 1: What am I writing? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Just eyeball cow eyeball or specific cameil cow whatever, mammal eyeball. All right, this is a double a double question. Firstly, we're going to start with what is your biggest strength?
Speaker 2: My dad jokes? No, you know what the challenges physicality?
Speaker 4: I am no quickly physical physical because I think you want to take this seriously, right, I think that I'm I'm probably fitter and healthier than people think I am because I really love being fit and fit healthy, like I've always loved it. I loved exercise, So I think maybe if there's something physical, I feel like I'd be better at that than eating and the spiders and stuff. What do you think is going to be your biggest weakness then eating the eyeball? No, you got to pick some of girl, But that's it. I'm dreading it.
Speaker 1: I have nightmares pretty honest, like you, you kind of you kind of tell it as it is, and that could rub people the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, what about like being in that camp because so much of the time when I'm a celebrity, people don't realize this. You're just sitting around waiting for a challenge or waiting for someone to come and tell you what to do. How do you think you're gonna go with being so idle for so long and it's surrounded by the same people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the boredom might get to me. Yeah, And also you know what might get to me. This is something in might surprise a lot of people, But I like my own time, maybe because I'm around I talk for a living, so then I love to go home and be on my own.
Speaker 2: You're a bit of an introvert, which I realize.
Speaker 4: I am. I'm on, and I'm on, and I'm on until I'm not and then I'm super off and in the jungle. You can't escape that over.
Speaker 1: Okay, that answers too long. I'll just put a question make We're gonna fold this up before we say goodbye to you and ship you off to Africa. We have one final surprise that Laura and I have have put together for you.
Speaker 2: Is there a line here.
Speaker 1: Something, something more beautiful than a line? But we love you, We're gonna miss you. It's big surprise here on the pickup. If you're listening, could very well be the final moment you ever hear britt Laura and Mitch on the radio together.
Speaker 3: It's a bit dramatic. Mitch, We're not being canceled, which might come as a surprise to some people, ever temporarily, but Brittany is. She's leaving us to do something incredible celebrity.
Speaker 2: So I decided to you, Britt.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we can't believe that this is all happening, and it's happened so quickly. So Britt is leaving this weekend. She's out of here and she will not be on another show.
Speaker 1: It all happened Britt on Tuesday, Julia Morrison Roberto when the new host came in and they said, we need a radio star, so it could have been any three of.
Speaker 3: Us, which we kind of knew that there was a radio star going into the jungle, but no idea it was going to be from this show.
Speaker 4: Because usually there is right like they always love a radio star. But when they came in, we had no idea it.
Speaker 2: Would be one of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Britt won all the challenges. This was the moment we found out that it was going to be her, not you, Laura or me.
Speaker 4: Brittany Hartily, you ma'am, are on your way to arm a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Get me out of here. Twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Would you bring a Larry a shot?
Speaker 2: It makes me when I hear it.
Speaker 4: I'm really nervous, they said to me. Straight after I spoke to somebody obviously on the phone from Childtown. They're like, what are you scared of watch it. What are you most everything? No, I said to hippopotamus, you're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna get eaten by hippop I'd be way scared about the things that you've got to eat.
Speaker 2: Hippopotami they killed, they're very dangerous.
Speaker 4: They are very dangerous besides like, besides mosquitoes, they're the most dangerous animals over in Africa.
Speaker 3: But we I mean, we've been all laughed since we found out this and we've been trying to get you set up. We've been trying to, you know, get you prepared for how intense and I don't know, we don't even know what you're in for, but we're trying to prepare you for what's celebrity when in two days. Yeah, but it's as much as there's been lots of jokes. Also, we just want to say we are so excited for you to go and do this. We are your number one fans. We are going to be here waving the Brittany Hockley fair and fan lag. We'll be even want to put a fan onto note. We'll be making sure that people are voting and watching and that the whole Britney Hockley fan club are here for you because we are.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 4: But I want you to laugh at me like we already, because it's going to be ridiculous and embarrassing, and I want you to embrace that fully.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to see you on Telly, so a bunch of the really important people in your life. Like Laura said, we've been silly. We're making fun of you, and you know, we want to see you eat pigs, balls and eyeballs and all the other kind of balls. But we wanted you. It's kind of it's happened so quickly, so you haven't been able to speak to everyone in your life. So what we've done is we've spoken of them for you. And I'm going to get motional and everyone's going to.
Speaker 3: Miss you, and that's what we wanted. We've got something prepared for you. Have a listen to.
Speaker 6: This, Brittany Hackley. It's old mate Sam Fisher. Did we know you were a celeb? Yes we did. Did we know you were a celeb of the jungle, No we didn't, but what a pleasant surprise to find that out. I know you're going to write with this a little word of a bias. Donate every berry you find poison ivy, stay away from it. It'll give you a rash and otherwise you've got this.
Speaker 1: Go on, Britt.
Speaker 6: We all love you, we all written for you, and I'm sending you all the strength in the world. Girl, bring it home.
Speaker 1: Bye this me and me go my straight. Hey, little bit told me you got into the jungle. Well, the best thing to do is.
Speaker 3: Make sure you eat a lot of food you go in there, because when you go in there, you're gonna get so skinny, So make sure you can't load down.
Speaker 4: Hey, Britt is your very best friend and sister Sherry here, I just want to.
Speaker 1: Say, have the best time in the jungle. You're going to absolutely smash it.
Speaker 3: It's for an amazing charity and I know you're going to give it absolutely everything.
Speaker 2: And just try not to vomit.
Speaker 4: When you have to go to the food hall, do your best because I'll be watching Hilly.
Speaker 7: It's your mum, and I hear how there's a fabulous menu going over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with some scrummy things.
Speaker 7: On us and monkey's testicles. Just remember he's the advice he is. Just remember, don't you just swallow?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's good advice. And well you'll get through it if you do that.
Speaker 7: But anyway, look a lot and a lot of luck on this wild adventure.
Speaker 5: And I'm I'm sure that you're going to do approach your pretty what you do everything else in lot that's in a straight line and one hundred miles on the al.
Speaker 8: By Babe, it's me, your boyfriend Ben. I just want to issh you best of luck in the jungle. I know it's going to be a hell of an experience and I just want to tell you that you are amazing and you are so brave and you're so strong and beautiful, and I think it's going to do really really well on the show. And I'm going to really really miss you, but I'll be cheering you on on TV. So best of luck and I love you lots.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, we love you, Brett. That was so beautiful. My favorite part was Ben saying I'm your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: He sent me six and we really edited all of them. I'm like, it's radio mate, you know. The best part he was holding a toy ko while in the video that he.
Speaker 3: Said he doesn't he doesn't do radio, he doesn't do media like the Boy Live.
Speaker 1: He did a great job.
Speaker 2: That is the most beautiful thing. And my parents and Miguel.
Speaker 1: That was random, Miguel, maestro, it was so bizarre. That's so cute girl, and Sam, guys, your parents.
Speaker 4: My parents, that was a real, real pultitude of people that you get together.
Speaker 1: Well, we know you and mguil have that long history of friendship Miguel had.
Speaker 2: Miguel and I are very very tight.
Speaker 5: Laura.
Speaker 1: Again, Laura, when I got Miguel for the montage, we honestly want to say, I didn't understand what he said. I was gonna get skinny cook coupled.
Speaker 2: Miguel alone.
Speaker 3: No, look, let's take this seriously for a second, because it is beautiful. It's such a huge thing. I'm so proud of you for going and putting yourself outside your comfort zone. And we can't wait to watch and see everything that you do on the show. And like I said, we're here and we are your biggest fans and your biggest supporter.
Speaker 2: I hope I make you guys really proud. Should we swear out?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Touged my soul, change my life And no, my God's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I could have played Africa by total I didn't plan this well, it works. Love you bread.
Speaker 3: We love you, Bridge, get out here, say actually goodbye.
Speaker 5: We will.
Speaker 1: We'll see you Monday.
Speaker 5: We'll have all the.
Speaker 3: Gossip, smellier and harrier than you've ever been before.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going to be rain gonna stink.
Speaker 1: It's premiering this Sunday on Channel ten. We can't wait to watch. Goodbye, See guys,