Speaker 1: And radio.
Speaker 2: She's on The Money Radio Show.
Speaker 3: With Victoria Divine.
Speaker 2: Starts now, Hello and welcome to that.
Speaker 1: She's on The Money Radio Show podcast, the radio show podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. And I'm going to start this one right now by asking Victoria Devine, what's the naughtiest thing you did this year?
Speaker 4: Oh? Wow, we're really going that. I don't know, spending too much on my wedding. Probably?
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 3: I had a double cheeseburger the other night about eleven o'clock.
Speaker 4: And that.
Speaker 5: Is that what we constitute as naughty in my eyes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my doctor would be happy.
Speaker 5: Would you like to hear what I did last week?
Speaker 4: Then? I have recently found an obsession with bubble tea and I don't want to be without bubble tea.
Speaker 5: I get it from Gong Chart.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Whenever I see that, I always think, don't you wish your girlfriend was?
Speaker 4: You know what? Now I'm never going to be able to vote.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I get the QQ passion for green tea with.
Speaker 4: Pearls standards, sometimes the minimal sugar, but like the standard pearls.
Speaker 5: And it comes with the like lichy coconut bits, which.
Speaker 3: Is less, get less ice because then you have more.
Speaker 4: I order it with no ice at all because it's on Uber Eats, and then I just pop it in my fridge and then I put it in my sippy cup later. You're smart, very thanks to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: But do you know how expensive that is to have a new found obsession with bubble tea when bubble tea is so expensive anyway.
Speaker 5: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: So if that's what we're constituting is actually naughty, then it is my addiction to bubble tea.
Speaker 2: Now I actually don't sponsor us. I love yeah, please do.
Speaker 1: I love actually asking kids that because they freak out and they go, oh my god, concern to hear me.
Speaker 2: It is the actual.
Speaker 5: Best to saw you.
Speaker 4: So if you did it like heruity nose, babe, I know it's the greatest.
Speaker 3: And can I just say, for those who listen this year, thank you. I know this is victorious community, but DEO Show's true.
Speaker 4: Everybody's yeah. We love everybody.
Speaker 3: You love love and we love you and it's been such a fun year. And thank you for listening everyone. This is the last show in the last podcast for twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Two, and the thing that well not last podcast sorry, last radio podcasts are working through Christmas.
Speaker 1: And it's not you too, mummy, it's not actually I'm working all of the hours with me, not with you.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I love this.
Speaker 1: The thing about this podcast top that we do all the time is I've really tried to think we've all tried and done a very good job of just going no, we're not going to do our radio thing. We're just going to talk about the things that we actually talk about off air and throw yeah, go chat and this is basically it.
Speaker 2: So it's like a nice.
Speaker 4: Little wonder if I've been saying that wrong this whole episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I think it's right. It's right, gon Cha.
Speaker 4: Okay, that that seems pretty self explandage.
Speaker 2: I can still hear the pussy Cat Dolls log in my head.
Speaker 4: That's the Gona wish your girlfriend was hot, Gona No, no, no, no, no, Goncha is gonna get me bubuty no stoy coming in twenty twenty three, she's on the money show tune.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be making some cash off that, all right, Hey, if you want to save some cash.
Speaker 2: We actually had some really great tips.
Speaker 4: You know, I have so many more tips that I couldn't get through because we obviously have certain amounts of time that we have to get through in the brakes. So definitely check out our socials over the next couple of weeks because I have so many things when it comes to saving and especially saving for kids around Christmas. Like, I was talking to one of my school teacher friends and she said, this year, she's making her kids a kitchen setup. So you look confused. I get that. But she's been saving like cereal boxes and yoga containers and washing them out and taping them up, so the kids are getting a little supermarket of their own with like rice bubbles boxes and like a yogurt container and stuff so that they can go shopping and play house. How genius is that because that's what cut in your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome, And you know what a genius speaking of it's my community.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's credit.
Speaker 1: Speaking of things that you've already got in your house, we're also talking about, you know, those toys that you had as a kid, and you're like, oh my god, these things are actually worth I can say ship.
Speaker 2: Tons here, can't done.
Speaker 3: Michet around the bush here?
Speaker 4: Sorry, guys, And who listen in the car to this podcast, and that is quite rude.
Speaker 5: I mean, we'll leave it, but we'll get we'll get tried to put a bpo.
Speaker 1: No, but like that are worth ship tons like Tamagotchi is a worth three thousand bucks. And also you know sometimes you go, I'd love to buy some Lego, it's my obsession or whatever it is, but you know I probably shouldn't. I should probably put it into stocks or something like that. No, No Lego, Lego smart smart.
Speaker 4: We're not investing in Lego unless you're buying shares in Lego one.
Speaker 1: Hundred times six hundred percent sorry returns on some Lego sets?
Speaker 2: Were you going to get that with your blend of shares?
Speaker 5: About the rest of your Lego?
Speaker 3: Trave thought bitcoin with just Lego coins? The poor thing has been investing in another wrong bit.
Speaker 1: I've been investing in those chocolate coins and anyway, I love those.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the show, everyone, last show.
Speaker 1: She's on the Money radio show starts right now, right across the country for your Saturday morning. It's She's on the Money Radio show with Australia's number one finance podcast in Vogue magazine as well. Victoria Devinees sit over there Vogue is very cool.
Speaker 4: But do you know what I want to talk about today? What Furby's polypockets.
Speaker 3: Furbies is That's that kink right that you're into in the bedroom with.
Speaker 4: This ste I want to talk about the toys.
Speaker 3: Oh, the toys. We're talking about this in the songs, guys. So I was on TikTok and I saw this trend. People were showing the kids toys because everyone in the US has been back to their parents' homes for Thanksgiving, so a lot of people were going through their old wardrobes, finding their childhood toys and then googling them realize that they're now worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. So I actually had this experience a couple years ago. I remember I went home for a couple of weeks. A house from my apartment was being renovated, and I went to bed, and I'm not joking. In the middle of the night, I hear and I thought, there's a polter geist in the room. Nada, just my childhood tickle me Elmo still powering through the Jurroselle batteries.
Speaker 4: How did those batteries last? Like, shouldn't they have leaked acid?
Speaker 3: By now nineteen ninety five, jurizel Buddy still going anyway. So I pulled it out, and this tickle me Elmo, I googled it is worth at least four hundred dollars and.
Speaker 4: One hundred bucks through Timielmo. That's four hundred dollars. Like I will buy them a dupe version of a tickle totally can that exists. I make dupes of toys.
Speaker 2: It's called Felmo.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Helmo, It's.
Speaker 3: Called mikeel me Melmo. I also did some more research. I thought, what else is out there that is more expensive than when you could actually buy And you're right, Ferbies. So the original Ferby in its box, if you haven't opened it and you haven't poured milk into its mouth like I did as a kid, you can get them for nine hundred dollars is.
Speaker 4: A money win. So way back in the day, when I was in grade nine, I had a casual job at Target and I used to work on the returns desk, which obviously introduced me to a number of colorful people.
Speaker 5: But that story aside.
Speaker 4: We one year had someone return a Ferby because there used to be a rule where if you had the receipt and the item was unopened. You could return it at any point. There wasn't like thirty days or ninety days. It was like if you return it. So she returned it with the receipt. It was unopened in the box, so we had to accept it. We gave her full refund and then when we scanned the Ferby that she returned five cents.
Speaker 5: So I bought it.
Speaker 4: And so I bought a five cent Ferby and it's the biggest money win of my entire life.
Speaker 3: People around Australia check your parents' wardrobes. Lastly, Temagotchipendram not doing that. Yeah, you'll find you'll find very different toys that will scar you for life.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna find a Ferby my friend, or if you do, it probably isn't one that's worth nine hundred.
Speaker 3: You'll find out that your dad tickles you, Mum, Mike Elmo, but in a very different way. Tamagotchi, just the original Tamagotchi, by the way, which was like twelve dollars back in the nineties, three grand. Also, of course the Pokemon cards. You can get upwards of ten grand for Pokemon cards.
Speaker 4: That's what cards made this list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pokemon cards really, See he's not listening. A mink condition Charhizad hollow card from the first edition, which would have been way back in ninety ninety three, ninety four. Now five thousand dollars for one card.
Speaker 4: See, I didn't see this coming. Do you remember when beanie kids were a thing and everybody would go and buy them. I used to beg my parents for them, and everyone used to say that they would be worth so much in the future, and now they're not.
Speaker 3: It's my mum had a Princess Diana beanie kid. It was creepy, if anything.
Speaker 1: So I think the moral of the story is check your toys, check your cupboards, everything when you go to your parents' house. Speaking of parents, if you're a parent looking at your kids, going oh my god, how am I going to entertain you for free?
Speaker 2: We've got you covered next.
Speaker 4: All right, Mitch, do you're not parents love the most? They love unsolicited parenting advice from people who aren't parents yet.
Speaker 5: So that's what the three of us are here to do today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it is coming up to school holidays and in my community, lots of people are asking lots of questions about what to do with their kids on school holiday days. Given everyone's feeling the pinch a little bit more when it comes to finances. So today we are going to talk through a few hot tips that you could take into consideration when trying to plan what to do with your grandmlins or children or whatever you actually.
Speaker 5: Have it on.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also like the most expensive time of you to travel, Like this is when everyone has time off to travel. It's just not fair.
Speaker 4: It isn't fair. I feel like travel. It's a privilege, absolutely, but it's also going to be out of some people's budgets this year.
Speaker 3: Well listen, I mean I've got things that will cost you absolutely nothing. And this is something that I did last week with my boyfriend. We had our four year anniversary.
Speaker 4: Pause for a plause, you got a boyfriend, Thank you, boyfriend down for that long.
Speaker 5: I'm so impressed with.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: Are you are batting my friend?
Speaker 3: Anyway, So we had a staycation for our four year anniversary because we thought, pa, no, no, we did go to a cheap hotel. But what we did was we went on Groupon and we got a group on coupon code for this hotel and then we just had room service and we went for a walk around the Sydney and we just caught the tram. We walked around the CBD, we did some Black Friday shopping. Costs us next to nothing, and we didn't have to travel anywhere. It didn't have to get on a boring train or a boring plane, drive anywhere. We got one ten minute uber staycation. Do it this Christmas. It was so cheap. Now here's my last little throwaway. The budgets are tight. You know, go to your local museum or an art gallery. Go get cultured people in your local area. There's so much more around you than you know that you can do for free. Do a movie day, set up like a mattress. If you've got a tent that you normally go camping with, set that up in the backyard. You know, like just should do backyard camping.
Speaker 4: I like all those ideas, But do you know what I did. I asked my community what we should be doing with our kids during school holidays, and guess what, I have some very hot tips for you guys that are all free. So first things first, we're going to get a big cardboard box and we're going to tell the kids we're putting together a costume box. And then you're going to go around your house and find items that could go in the costume box.
Speaker 5: So it could be old.
Speaker 4: Jewelry that mum has lying around, those big pearl necklaces two thousand and five that cost five dollars at details. You could have purses, bags, coats, a sheet because we all want to dress up as a go. You have put so many things in there, and let your kids be creative. Call your local white goods company. Do you know what they have? Big boxes? Do you know what you can do with big boxes? Create cobby houses. Honestly, you could get a fridge box without buying a fridge, just by calling someone. And what you can do is cut out the holes so it's safe for kids and let them decorate it themselves and have hours of fun. And the other thing I want you to think about doing, just to make it a little bit more magic for the kids you mentioned before, Go to the museum or the art gallery. Go on canva, get a free template for a ticket, Make up tickets to that free event for your kids and give them the tickets one morning as if it's some big exciting adventure and they've gotten special tickets or special passes. They don't need to know. What an exciting idea.
Speaker 2: What an amazing group of people, your community.
Speaker 5: So creative I never would have thought of.
Speaker 1: If any you have any tips you want to share, you can hit us up anytime. Just so she's on the money anywhere on socials, or you might have a money dilemma that you need answered, just like Kylie has done. She's got a dilemma about a prenup.
Speaker 3: This is she's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so every week on the show, we bring someone's financial story on air to get Victoria's advice on what they should do. We call them out cash mabbies, so these are able to cash babies that want to get some advice in Victoria. Kylie send us a DM about a prenup agreement. So see, I know she's hy ve. I'm a little bit rattled. My partner approached me recently with the proposition of a prenuptial agreement. Try to say that three times we've been together for seven months. Oh that's early. I believe his parents have encouraged this. This is juicy. So she says, I'm not wealthy. He comes from great wealth. The other part of me is offended, she says, So she understands it, but she is offended. What should I do? Should she seek legal advice? But she feels guilty if she were to do that. How does she speak to the partner about this without turning into an argument?
Speaker 4: Wow, viva Ah, this is such a spicy topic, and I love talking about it because I actually think pre nups are really really important, and if his parents have brought it up with him, it kind of makes sense. They're trying to protect the wealth that they have created, and I don't think anyone should be offended in this circumstance. In fact, I think we need to kind of step back and go, Wow, that would have been a really hard topic, or hopefully it should have been a really hard topic for your partner to bring up with you. I mean, from my perspective, it's probably a really good sign that after seven months he's like, I really wanted to sign a prenup.
Speaker 3: Like I kind of like this.
Speaker 5: I see her sticking around. This is going to be a long term thing.
Speaker 3: It's a compliment.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's a compliment. So I wouldn't get offended. I also don't think seeking legal advice is offensive at all because if they're going to put a contract in front of you, are you a lawyer? Do you understand how to read and and respond to that appropriately? No?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: And if they're putting a pre nup in front of you, they've already seen a lawyer to put it together, so it's only fair that you also get to be on the same page and seek legal advice. I would have a chat about how that is going to be paid for. Do you need to pay for that legal advice? Or if they really want you to sign that, are they happy to pay for you to get independent legal advice so you're not worse off having signed that agreement, because if you sign that agreement and go and pay a lawyer one thousand dollars to review that, you're a thousand dollars worse off because of a decision that protects them. I would be genuinely asking, you know, okay, are you going to be paying for my legal independent advice so that I can be in the best possible position and you can too. So I think that's a little bit left field, And then I would speak to your partner really pragmatically about it, So put your relationship aside, and for a hot second, pretend you are negotiating this for a friend, a friend or maybe your future child that does have wealth. I can see where they're coming from. I can see what that means. But I would genuinely just say, Okay, cool, if that's what you want me to sign, Where are the pros?
Speaker 5: Where are the cons?
Speaker 4: Why would I sign this? We're not trying to take someone for fifty percent of everything that they're worth, but we are trying to make sure that it doesn't put you in a compromised position, and that means looking at it from all angles and if possible, putting your emotions to the side, which I know is harder done than said.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Also, like this works for Kylie scenario. But God, if your boyfriend, your partner has a PS five they don't want to lose in the breakup, don't sign a goddamn prenup. You know I give you a multimillionaire leaving in a mcmanson. Sign the damn prenup, but.
Speaker 5: Don't find you cheating on me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna throw your PS five out of a second story window.
Speaker 2: Guarantee you are savage.
Speaker 5: You can then keep that in our little.
Speaker 1: Divorce guys, let's save some people some money with this.
Speaker 2: Simper Saves Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yes, for the very last time in twenty twenty two, we're doing a Super Savior Saturday. So Victoria gives us some sneaky tips on how to keep more bucks in your bank account. And obviously Christmas is a very expensive time for a lot of people, so it's very hard to find a cheap things, a presence for everyone that doesn't break the bank, and to keep your buddy, children and your partner's entertained. So the'se got a long list. She looks like Santa Claus. She's been making a list, she's been checking.
Speaker 4: She grew a beard. That's my hormones. Can we not talk about that on air?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Sorry, sorry, don't tell her?
Speaker 4: Heuck?
Speaker 3: All right, what's in your list?
Speaker 4: Number one? I found this tip and I thought it was really helpful because coming up to the festive season, we are all run off our feet. And that is this is not sponsored.
Speaker 5: As we've said before, we're just not big enough to have a sponsor of this.
Speaker 4: None of these sponsored. This is just me finding stuff on the internet and going, you know what, I'll share that with my fan so Woolli's actually now has free delivery on groceries when you spend a minimum of fifty bucks. And I can't remember the last time I went to the supermarket during the festive season and spent less than fifty bucks. So you could organize it all so that on Christmas Day or just before Christmas Day, all your groceries delivered to your house so you don't need to do that big Christmas shop for free. That's a money than. The second is talk to your family now about having a Christmas where you implement a rule, where the rule is the gifts have to be homemade, handmade, or second hand. So it means that they either have to find a handmade gift, which is harder to find and therefore requires a bit more thought second hand, or they have to make it themselves. And I feel like that's really wholesome. Sets expectations so that you know, Mitch isn't going out and buying me a brand new PS five and I made a card. But also I just think that you get better gifts. So last year I made a whole heap of handmade shortbread. People love bread, people do it so good Christmas Crack is another one that I am going to be sharing on our social media very Christmas crack. Oh my gosh, Christmas crack is the best thing. Kids love it. I love it. It's basically saladas hear me out, a really thick, great caramel sauce with melted chocolate on top. You break it all up, wrap it up and give it as gifts and I promise everyone will be.
Speaker 3: Asking corner and you don't chew it. But anyway, that's I love a good Well, my tip V is not as wholesome, but this is actually something that everyone can relate to. Who set up their Christmas tree? Victoria? Is your tree erected? No?
Speaker 4: I don't even have a tree at this point in time, But do you know what to all the people who set up their Christmas trees before December? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know what psychotic behavior?
Speaker 4: You are setting the expectations too high? And also where are you finding this time?
Speaker 3: I completely agree. Well, my one hack and my tip is the biggest pain of the festive season is finally turning on your Christmas tree lights and then having to put your arm around the back of the tree like you twine them up around the tree and the plug is always behind the tree, and then you've got to go behind and a lean in and your arm gets pricked by the prickles. Anyway, my hack.
Speaker 5: Is nineteen dollars every single year.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll get a smart wall outlet plug from Amazon. A pack of two is nineteen dollars. You plug it in, then you plug your plug in, you connect that to Wi Fi and then you can control it from your phone or if you've got smart speaker integration.
Speaker 5: In my house, my Christmas tree on with a remote.
Speaker 3: No with your voice v Hey, sirihself.
Speaker 4: I've got so many ideas throughout my entire house. We will talk about this later.
Speaker 3: Listen. That's us done, isn't it right?
Speaker 5: Wrap it up.
Speaker 4: We are off to be festive.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much everybody for listening. We will be back in twenty twenty three. We're going to take a little bit of a short break now over Christmas. Until then, you can catch up with us anytime on socials.
Speaker 5: Just really, that's where I lift.
Speaker 1: She's on the money. Make sure you stick around there. Make sure you're going to do the Life on Carts show next right.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll be around guys, and I love you both thank you for a great year.
Speaker 4: And Christmas friends.
Speaker 3: See you guys in the year.
Speaker 4: Bye bye,