Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQ, Melbourne, Australia, badcasting to the world. Are Christians nice to swing?
Speaker 3: O connel?
Speaker 2: My long pets were on inside out Reckfast Show.
Speaker 4: Even though I don't think I'm stinky. I just washed extra hard.
Speaker 2: Well beg Good morning, spar five minutes past six, Wednesday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Already I can tell you that today's show will not go to plan. I just you know, when you just know, you just know. I just feel like I'm actually going Do you know what, We had a good show yesterday, Let's not do today, Let's pick it up tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what it is. It's like putting ingredients in a dish and you just know they're not going to fit in, and the ingredients center in the studio is that giangantic curtain.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, when you're putting your password in and you know you've cocked up a few letters, but you kind of go kind of ninety percent there, so on you hit return thinking it will help you out or give you a bas and it goes air. That is what we're building up to on today's show. Tell you more about that in a minute. Why we feeled like this. But first of all, good morning Jack Post, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: Thank you again for having us to a lovely lunch yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh my pleasure we had. We went out for lunch. Me, Jack and Pats went out for that a lunch yesterday. Obviously yesterday's show was a year of the show, so we went out for lunch. We went to rock Pool and had an amazing afternoon. Great restaurant that is there, Oh mat it was delicious, brilliant steaks. A couple of points about the lunch. Okay, do you remember what happened?
Speaker 4: I thought we all had a lovely time.
Speaker 5: We had a lovely time. We had a lovely time.
Speaker 2: Here's a couple of notes I made from the lunch which surprised me about you, the young Jack Post. First of all, the wait, it comes over the way I've been raised, lady orders first, not for old Jack Post. Is it straight in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Straight straight in? And then when I say maybe, PATSI go first, carries on starts giving me some boring backstory about why why he must go first because as a nightmare when his wife Bianca takes ages, my wife does this as well. I get stressy. Yeah, I know very quickly, I'm going to have that my wife. What are you having? Oh?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: So you start talking them by the time novel have decided.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm used to. You always ask me to go first to buy her time, keep scaring the man.
Speaker 6: That's all right, Jack, I'll let you off because I'm one of those as well. I never can decide what is that?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 6: I don't know, indecisiveness and then it's like I like to make a decision under pressure and surprise myself and.
Speaker 2: My wife has got an amazing superpower. I would always order the worst dish on the menu, then go should have ordered yours? Do you mind if I have most of it? And I go, no, this this is mine. So not only does Jack order first, he's the only person that has starter. Yes, you said, I know it's my treat, but still right, Pats goes, I don't think I go for starting. I went, yeah, we having steak, we'll have a big pudding, we'll have some wine. Jack. Jack doesn't even discuss it, just goes in ordering. It's a Calamari warm. I don't have the calamari please, you just have to sit there the stars. Well, Jack tucks into its loan starter.
Speaker 4: Do you think that delayed main meal? I think they want me to finish that. Yeah, before they took that away and point out the stakes.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not the only thing. When we're ordering. Obviously we had steaks. It's a state restaurant, right, Neil Perry. You know an amazing somebody chef in America open up rock Pool here in Melbourne. If you have steaks, okay, Jack then starts ordering. You gonna have the mac and cheese. They're famous for the mac and cheese. That it's really nice. And it sounds odd you're having a big old steak with mac and cheese's side, but trust me, it works. Jack orders the mac and cheese, and then I said the guy, oh, yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Mac and cheese lovely.
Speaker 2: We probably don't need a bowl each, do we, And Jack goes, I really like mac and cheese. In other words, this would be my private bowl. So galamari for one. Now, don't touch my mac and cheese. I think oh, I said, wait, I said it for three of us. Do we need two bowls of mac and cheese? Goes one is normally a keyword here more thanenough.
Speaker 6: Warren advised that you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Jack underline it again and went, I really like mac and cheese. Back off, no hands, So no fly zone in my bowl of mac and cheese.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the lunch, what was the what was still on the table? Plenty of plenty of mac and.
Speaker 2: Cheese, just that you also ordered a side of potatoes that hardly ate and another bottle potatoes. There were two bottles of different types of potatoes.
Speaker 4: For the table. That was for everybody.
Speaker 2: What againt some salt potatoes?
Speaker 4: I had a lovely time.
Speaker 2: With all the food after this, That wasn't the only drama at lunch yesterday. You actually hear what happened at the end of it. Why Patsy had to turn her taxi around on the freeway to head back to me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yes, they meet Jack and pats We all went out four lunch together yesterday. We just did our anniversary of our working together for a year on the show, and so we went up for lovely lunch at rock Pool and then as we left it was about half four.
Speaker 5: It's a long lunch.
Speaker 2: Anyways, did we get in there at half twelve? Wow? We spent four hours in there, and then we kept saying after four o'clocks it's empty incause people to dance back to work. So anyway, they gave us the thing you know where they go and get your jackets right, and we say goodbye. Jack and Pats are heading out to get in their tax season head home. I go to the toilet. As I'm in the toilet after everything, I look in the mirror and go, there's something.
Speaker 5: Off about the way I look, even more than normally I.
Speaker 2: And I would never with This jacket doesn't fit and I'm not that drunk. Nothing fits me, And I said, look at why would I buy a jacket with epaulets and gold bits around the wrists. I think, hang on a minute, there's a belt. I wouldn't buy a jacket with a belt.
Speaker 5: This is a lady's jacket.
Speaker 2: It was the hemline, which just to buy my hip. I think it's just hideous. They're giving me a lady's jacket. And I gave back count and I think car keys, and again they've got my head. Here buys just loads of stuff in that jacket, and I go, listen, this is a lady's jacket. And I could tell them we're trying not to laugh in my face because I'm still wearing and ill fitting a lady's jacket. I went, this is a lady's jacket. I said, where is my jacket? And the guy went, I think you're colleagues. And I know you didn't, because we talked.
Speaker 4: About you already laughed at my snowjacket.
Speaker 2: You were like you were going to go the trek him a layers or something. It's unnecessarily heavy jacket. He walked out in a quilt and I thought, oh no, you know who's beetled out in it has got my jacket. I think, how could you have not noticed?
Speaker 5: I wait, this is not my jacket.
Speaker 2: A ringer and go have you got my jacket? She goes, that's what's odd about it? It's not mine. Oh gosh, no, no you did not.
Speaker 6: You rang And you know when Christian's grumpy because he just says your name and he goes, got my jumper, my jacket, turn around, where are you? It's got my keys, it's got my wallet. That's all right, that's all right, I'll do a U turn. And then he rings thirty seconds later and he goes, oh, it's okay, Sarah said, I could get in the house. It's okay, it's but I still returned it didn't I you did?
Speaker 2: But also did you need to leave me that gift in the pocket? I mean that is disgusting back of a taxi. You managed to drop a little parts in the back of that pockets foul, pats, foul.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three every Thursday morning right out of the eight o'clock news on the show and I do I think called the isolated Vocal. This is where we just play out a vocal performance, singer just laying down their amazing work and then we play about the song that it's taken from. And what it does is it makes you forces you to reappreciate the song that you might have heard a billion times. We've done so many great ones from Freddie Mercury last week Out and John this is one of the best songs we've done over the last sort of year of doing it. It's by one called Ann Wilson and Wilson you might not even know the name. Anne Wilson deserves more kudos. One of the best voices in rock and roll. She's got this amazing range of a soprano, but dressed in leather, leads to her heart. Have a listened to this just when he thought? You've heard a heart alone on this station and many other radio stations so many times it almost becomes over familiar and dogged.
Speaker 5: But this is something special. This is the isolated vocal.
Speaker 7: I hear the.
Speaker 2: Ticking off of the clerk.
Speaker 7: I'm lying here. The room's pitch dark, hung where you are tonight?
Speaker 6: No answer on the telephone, and the.
Speaker 4: Night goes by so very slow.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hope that it won't end. Oh to always gone back on? I never really can till I met you.
Speaker 3: And now it tells me to the bone, How go to alone?
Speaker 2: How Glone and Wilson singing with the heart alone of God one? At four point three? So brand new isolated vocal eight o'clock tomorrow morning. Great? You know what?
Speaker 5: That would have been a great power ballad for power ballad Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do we bring it back?
Speaker 2: Well? I have an idea, right U yesterday evening right, I was looking at what we're doing this Friday for our late version of the Breakfast Show. It's this breakfast show with beer, Me, Jack and Pats in a pub Friday night, having a beer with you. Beer for a year, more tickets to come and join us at the Cooper's in on today's show. And whenever I do stand up done three stand up tours of the UK, I always each tour, I always will come up with a playlist that I'll give le venue when I get there, go this is the music that want when people come in. I think sometimes it's theme to that show, or they're just songs I want to hear. When I'm backstage they start to pair me out. Why don't we we need music for when they turn out to the pub and they're waiting for us in this little room, I think, do we want power ballads?
Speaker 4: And then we will walk out on stage as well like a like a boxer walking out.
Speaker 2: Well, you need to think about your walkout song, Patsy, you've got two at the moment, are you edging one?
Speaker 6: I've got two in mind. I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 2: Shall we all go power Ballacen No, she's gone you know what she's like, she's gone her own way. I've gone right again, she's gone rouse, she says, any morning on the show.
Speaker 4: Because there's not enough time between now and I don't know if you have changed your mind.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yeah, maybe we do power ballance, but yeah, you need you both need walk up.
Speaker 5: And you said, do you think we also need dry ice? Is that too much for sential?
Speaker 2: A room above a pub.
Speaker 4: I've seen the room. It's not huge. It's not a huge.
Speaker 2: Room, all right, Maybe just a pine glass wind of mice in it. Then someone can sprinkle on me. So with Patsy taking my jacket yesterday home with her, this has happened to people. You've you've picked up the wrong one. I took the wrong one, whether you took a suitcase, a bag, an item of clothing or something. I remember we went to when we first sort of scoped this city out about two and a half years ago, me and the kids and my wife. We came to Australia for a three week holiday and I remember we when we stopped off a day in Singapore to help with the old jet lag, and I picked up the wrong suitcase. Was until I got back to the hotel. It's midnight, and look at the suitcase, great big lock things. I don't own a lock. Did I see the name? I'm not mister Quock actual name, mister Quock k w okay. First off, thinking what a name. Mister Quack must be fuming right now. And it was also a really you know, some people have spent a lot of money on luggage. My family are not that. Honestly, they are cheap that nothing matches. It's just they're all knackered and squishy. And other people have got immaculate haven't they got the leather stuff or that big old ishaps of the ours? Isn't that? So I certainly realized what I pick up mister Quox. He was all like beautiful expensive samsonite thing right, And I think mister Quox's gonna be feuman. He's obviously got a meeting in Singapore. He's got all my stuff for the next three weeks. So I ring the airline. It's midlight. They don't really care. And it took me two days to get my bag returned, and hopefully mister Quap to get his as well.
Speaker 4: Good. I thought you were going to say you kept Quox.
Speaker 2: I couldn't live a life as mister Quock. All right, so you picked up the wrong one? What did you pick up buying mistake? Was it a jacket or a bag? Let us know? Nine one four three. Maybe mister Quack can call in the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So after our lunch yesterday, they accidentally go Pat's my jacket and I went to a toilet wearing Pats's lady jacket. Franklin's jacket as well, by the way, Pats and so this must have happened to you. Have you ever picked up the wrong one? Maybe it's a wrong jacket or a suitcase like me with leaving Singapore airport, not with my suitcase.
Speaker 5: But mister Quox, you ever do anything like that?
Speaker 4: My dad picked up the wrong kid at our basketball What do you mean? Mum usually picked us up And Mum told him you got to pick up James as well and drop him off. And there's two James's on our basketball team. And as we drop off James Billing, his fum goes, oh another mum was meant to bring James home. Oh, maybe it's changed, Ana artists that we were meant to pick up.
Speaker 2: Oh poor little James, the Greek kid who gets left behind there with a sous laca lunch box. Have you picked up the wrong one? Give us a call. Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, right now that have you picked up the wrong one? Might be a suitcase, a jacket, a back. What's your story? Nine four one four one o four three? Good morning, justin, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm good mate? How are you?
Speaker 9: You're not bad?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Not bad? Right? And uh what did you pick up? What was the wrong one?
Speaker 8: We were there a little local shopping center in Mornington, me and my wife and the little ones, and uh, a little one through the dummy out of the brain, and so I grabbed it, Uh, look to the land on the ground, stuck it in the gob straight away, just to give it a bit of a clean up for a little one. Raced back over the pranks and put up to my wife and and I gave the dummy back to my daughter, but she still had a dummy in their mouth. And I realized I kicked up someone else's dummy.
Speaker 9: And pointed that for him, and H tried to and and I had you my math for that bark next to do it real funny, yeah, funny. And I cleaned up this pretty big dummy for my daughter and realized someone else's kids was missing the dummy, and I had a mapple this.
Speaker 5: Justin, that is a great one, very very funny.
Speaker 2: Mate. We'll send you some of our special anniversary socks in the post.
Speaker 8: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's the right reaction, all right, justin, very funny, cool, thanks for calling mate. All right, let's go to who we got here, dek Christian morning. Hello, mate, welcome to the show. What did you pick up the wrong one?
Speaker 10: I picked up the wrong try that I had to pick up, and I had a space taking a load of tim dan and Melbourne and going up taking the load of gold that was first got to the INNDI.
Speaker 2: Gay, oh yeah that accident. Sure not timber, but he picked up the grog. Okay, yes, that classic mistake. A matter time. I'm going a thirsty camel left with the load of timber the old timber drive through es. Thank you very much, do as you get three socks as well. Yeah, all right, let's take one more. I picked up the wrong one on No. Four one four one four three. Let's try Dave. Good morning, Good morning, Christian. How I'm very well Dave, welcome to the show. Thanks for corning. What did you pick the wrong one up?
Speaker 11: Of Well, I'd love to claim this story, but it wasn't me. It was a good maid of mine. He This was back in the nineties when we didn't have keyless entry. He actually picked up the wrong car. He was in a car park, he was on the wrong level, and unbeknownst to him, he used his key, unlocked the door, got in and started the car, driving out of the car park before he went that's stugging, like my car, hang on for myself.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he drove back, put it in a car park, already found it in, and then went and got his card, drive away. And we found out a little while later that apparently car manufacturers back then, I don't know if they still do it, but they only had like ten different cuts of keys and they just reused them, thinking that never the twain shall meet. But on this day they did this, drove away with someone else's car.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. What a great story. Cool they were, These calls have been amazing this morning. That's nuts. I do remember in the nineties there was this rumor going around that there were only a set number of keys and that you could easily get into the same maker model another car with your key.
Speaker 11: That's correct. And I actually did some work for Ken Work a few years later and confirmed that that sort of thing does happen.
Speaker 2: Yet amazing, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I would love to speak to your car manufacturers or anyone who works with cars often to know how many different cuts of key there were.
Speaker 2: And do you remember when they brought out the first ones, Dave, when the key those ones and it was the same thing. How they only had a certain frequency where you could open somebody else's car with it.
Speaker 4: That's the.
Speaker 11: I'd love this to be confirmed by somebody.
Speaker 2: We will beat this up for you. Awesome, thank you, hey listen as well. Also, I'm gonna sending some socks for using the phrase never the Twain shall meet love that not heard that phrase this I moved here. Not I heard it every day in London. Never the twins, I mean, my good man, good morning to you.
Speaker 11: Well that came from another Greek boy too, so I'm actually great. So there you go.
Speaker 5: All right, Okay, Dave, you get socks as well.
Speaker 11: Work there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Men's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Feel like today we're building up to something. And you know, sometimes in life you put a lot of expectation on an event and it just can't ever be what you expect it to be, and it actually becomes a bodup to a massive anti climax. And that's the definition of an anti climas's building up to something, which is we're doing this with good intentions. We're doing something good. Let's just remind ourselves of this today. Here's the story. Last week on the show, I get this email. This is exact email from Nicki Gazetti. Christian I tried calling through on five till it Tuesday missed out. My daughter, Havana is a very keen Essendon Footye club fan, wakes up every morning saying go Bombers.
Speaker 5: She's five.
Speaker 2: Last year, the Bombers mascot Skeeter made a visit to her kinder and she cried when she saw him and wouldn't leave.
Speaker 5: His sign for the whole time.
Speaker 2: She came home, saying that her and Skeeter were best friends now and wanted to ask him raw for playdates. Every week she reminds me, I need to ring Skeeter and invite him round for that playdate. So we were talking about this and I was just thinking, listen, I'll get Crawl Shane Crawford, our mister Afellow every Friday on the show to sort this out. But you stepped in and said, look, I have a connection. They're also in my club. I did a very short lived, just four episode Bombers podcast.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: Hard Us Hard Heart Attack? That's it?
Speaker 4: And though I didn't get continued the next year into twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Or even the entire season. I mean, I'm pretty sure there aren't four rounds in an AFL.
Speaker 4: I think we covered everything of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was pulled up there.
Speaker 4: You needed to, but I still have my contact mark from essen N So.
Speaker 5: I gave Jack twenty four hours and you delivered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sketer is well. He was meant to come in last week and then we had to. It's very hard to organize a play date, I guess for anybody, but a giant mascot for a football team. And a five year old girl is even harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't realize there's paperwork you have to fill out. We've had to fill out. There's some sort of permit for young kids to come on the radio, even with their parents' approval. So anyway, here's the situation. This little girl, Havannah, she's coming in. She thinks she's coming in to meet us and have a tour of the radio station. At eight o'clock this morning, Skeeter is going to be here. We're going to surprise her with Skeeter. Now you're thinking, oh my god, this would be lovely. Havannah is five. She's probably just going to be tired, overwhelmed. She may even just start crying. It's all going to be so much.
Speaker 4: She doesn't start crying. I just don't think I.
Speaker 2: Took when Lois was seven. My daughter is now twelve, which was seven. She's a massive fan of the Wiggles. They came for their London debut. They came in on the show Lovely Guys just chatting them. Afterwards, I said I'm coming to the show and went, bring your kids. I went, oh, oh my god, Lois would love that. She idolizes you guys took her backstage. She burst into tears. It was just too much for her. It's like all their circuits just short.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if we have that, so are we doing it live? Because what if we have her crying on the radio. We can't be the show that had a five year old cry.
Speaker 2: We don't want to start year two with everyone talking about the crying kid. Okate becomes a hashtag today crying kid.
Speaker 4: So then should we not do he jumps out from behind a curtain because the other thing we've gone we talk about.
Speaker 2: What's in the studio now, the white elephant in the room. I said, if we could have Skeeter in the studio, hidden away, we do a little chat with our little friend Havannah, you know, we talk about the bombers, and we and to Skeeter, and then a prearranged queue like, oh if only Skeeter was here. Skeeter leaps out from behind a curtain. Right, yes, everyone's got the fils. Yeah. I asked for a small curtain, like a sh I'm pretty sure it said, like a shower curtain in the corner studio. What's in the studio is I don't know, is that what is that twenty foot poles with two curtains that we could actually put on the Regent Theater for a show.
Speaker 4: I think this is what they used for the side of Lion King.
Speaker 5: It's huge, it's huge, and we are not in a massive studio.
Speaker 2: You can't fit a great, big mosquito based mascot behind that. The nose is going to stick out. It's going to freak this poor little kid up.
Speaker 4: There's no room behind the curtain. That's the thing. It's shoved up against the wall and there's no room because it's so big. There's no other place to put it in here, so there's gonna be She'll walk in there'll be a giant curtain for no reason with a mesquite.
Speaker 2: I started crying already if I was five, and a strange thing protruding from the curtain as well, sticking out a foot or two the whole thing. Are we really doing this live?
Speaker 4: Well? I mean everybody's lucked it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, make sure whatever you do in between, make sure you're here for eight fifteen to hear whatever happens the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now, then it's your chance to try and make all three of us, Me, Jack and Pats say wow together Christian color Sleep. I say, wow, wow.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting yea audio, he's help again.
Speaker 2: Wow it's herdly wow wow. Yeah, it's just come out. I know where this Christian Color Sleep?
Speaker 11: I say wow wow?
Speaker 2: Is that me? Ow? Wow? Am I saying?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: Is that me? Alrighty? So this outworks? You call us up with your story? A great story, an interesting story, an intriguing story, jamatic story, a funny story that you think we'll get the triple well, one from me, one from Jack, and the ultimate one, the hardest well of all. She sits atop this show in a throne, unimbresced. It's Pats is the one you need to try and wow. However, we've got you two tickets up for grabs. Go on sell next Tuesday, Live Nation, dot com, dot au. We announced it last week on The Breakfast Show, way before Dye MacGuire got any whith of it on Triple m He's resigned, the shame of it.
Speaker 5: He's left town. It's over ready, get.
Speaker 2: Out of town, pack up that two right mansion and get going by sunlight? All right? Anyway? Sorry, going off on one there YouTube coming out in November Marvel Stadium. You can win the tickets a week before they go and sell right now, make us say well, only pick up that phone. If you've got a great story for us. You think it's going to get the Triple well one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's time to open the lines. Christian, I say wow wow.
Speaker 5: Right, can you make the three of us say wow with your stories?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one o four three first one that gets the three the Triple Wow Wednesdaday's you two tickets to go and see them live in November Marvel Stadium. Joshua Tree down Under. This to be amazing. All right, team, are you ready?
Speaker 12: Ready?
Speaker 2: Okay Stewart, good morning, gooday guys, how are you We're good? Your first up? Good luck Stewart, off you go make us say wow.
Speaker 3: So twenty years ago I was doing a bike tripper in Australia. I was up in the Erears rock in about the September. I met this Japanese guy going south I was hitting north. He had a laptop, as all Japanese people tend to. He copied all my photos onto a discs so that I wouldn't lose them off knot my camera within part of ways. In the November I met my now wife, we came back to Melbourne and in the March of the following year, I'd realized I'd lost my photos because I'd scratched the discs. Unfortunately, anyway, Juliette and I were going out in Albert Park for some dinner. We walked into a Japanese restaurant and Nori, the traveling Japanese cyclist was behind the counter and he still had a photo on his laptop.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I mean, the chances are six months later meeting him and he wasn't going to stop in Melbourne. He was just going to get going.
Speaker 5: So that's insane.
Speaker 4: It's a big coincidence. I'm not going well, only because wouldn't you have got the details if he's backing up your photos, wouldn't the idea to get his number?
Speaker 3: Well, he copied them onto a disc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like you still would have caught up with him eventually to get the photos.
Speaker 2: Would you know? You're busy? You know you're traveling around there.
Speaker 3: I got the copies on the discs and that's why we copied them. And he went off.
Speaker 2: Going off.
Speaker 6: It's a sliding doors moment, but it's not a whal for me.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's cool, that's all right, that's sorry, remotely a sliding doors moment. That's about parallel lies. He went one way he could have done this. It's not. Someone's hung over to that a little bit dusty. Sorry, Stuart, all right, you got a wow from me. But the other two I think they struggling today with the Wales.
Speaker 4: That's quite.
Speaker 2: Welcome to my world. It's there's every day six or ten, right, Stuart, I like to all right, jeez, he pass he did some favorite a minute. When we get in the outbreak, look up sliding doors. Definition of it is not Japanese photos. Back up, Karen, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: How are you well?
Speaker 5: Let's find out, Karen, make us say wow.
Speaker 12: Well, twenty three years ago I had my son and I was asleep while he was born.
Speaker 4: Come on, god, question, are you under some kind of.
Speaker 2: Yes, some sort of what kind of coologist?
Speaker 12: I had had an epidural and I had avery tough labor earlier, and the nurse came in to check me. When the ward said she had the baby yet. She came in and she said, woke me up, and she said, I'm just going to feel your tummy to measure the contractions. And she's gone feeling the stomach and then she's gone, oh my god, and she just pulled back the sheet and there he was.
Speaker 1: In.
Speaker 5: I don't mean be rude here.
Speaker 2: I've got no idea what was like to give birth and how hard that would be. It sounds like the laziest, laziest birth ever. You just popped the kid out, so hang on.
Speaker 6: So you were all preps ready to have the C section, but you.
Speaker 12: Don't, no, no, no, I had had just an epidural, so it wasn't wasn't going to be a c section, right, And yeah, I had fallen asleep because of the epidural. I had no pain, and yeah, they came in to just check out along I was, and there he was.
Speaker 2: But that's incredible.
Speaker 5: That was your asleep.
Speaker 2: Obviously you've got, you know, the anesthetics in there, but still you know the plane. I can only imagine when I said to give birth, to push an actual little tiny human out of yourself and all the wonder is that but you were you m actually get some sleep.
Speaker 12: I managed to get some sleep with because of the epidural, which takes away the pain.
Speaker 6: You must have been exhausted by that point.
Speaker 2: There was an epidore right, My wife had an epidural for our first daughter, and I wish it'd put her to sleep because she was trying to punch me swearing it.
Speaker 4: So, Karen, were you happy, like when when the nurse said, oh, you've already had the baby? Were like, oh cool, that was easy to.
Speaker 2: Sep great dream.
Speaker 12: Hindsights are wonderful seeing at the time that were like, I mean, the things that could have gone wrong. And my it was my husband's I've had second marriage and I'd already had two children. It was his first and he was all ready to go, you know, to do all the right things to help me. And yeah, it's just he didn't have to missed it.
Speaker 2: Truly incredible story. How old is the little child now?
Speaker 12: He will be twenty four next week?
Speaker 5: Nick pretty it is a great story.
Speaker 6: Wow from me, I'm sorry, it's not from me.
Speaker 2: I believe she gives birth asleep. Yeah, this woman should be told around the world to tell the story. I comedy young never heard it.
Speaker 12: This is the nurses. My doctor even had never heard of it happened before.
Speaker 4: Andrew.
Speaker 2: This is a slow in doors moment.
Speaker 6: No, that's amazing. That not quite well for me. I'm being really tough today.
Speaker 2: This is do you know what, Karen? Do you want to come and join us in the pub Friday.
Speaker 12: I would love to do that.
Speaker 2: You're going to fall asleep, Karen, come and join us then. Okay, it's not the you two tickets, but come and join us with drink Friday.
Speaker 12: That would be beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, an amazing story. It was two wells, but not the the toughest well there is, all right, Karen, thanks you calling.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The big question is is perhaps he gonna say wow this morning nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, when that goes red, it means we're life. You have a little chatter. Was just yelling at the producers, Hey dude, you work take the course.
Speaker 4: I just didn't want. They said there's two ghosts stories coming out. I thought two ghost stories was too many.
Speaker 2: I disagree, no, no, no, because I don't know what they're about. But I know the title of one of them, all right, So okay, both guys double up on the ghostcorse. I'm fine, one's in a cinema, one's inn a central heating system. Who doesn't want to hear? Can there be too many ghost stories? All right? Because we're getting so many calls now on the show right Jack is getting the phones as well as producers Brandon Beck and I only ever hear Jack's commentary because only Jack is in the studio here with me, and I just heard you go that is too spooky for ten.
Speaker 5: To eight in the morning, and I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: Story was that? All right, let's go to lines. Then we're doing make us Say Wow? Can you make me? Jack and Pats all say well, so far I said wow, Jack, and I said wow. Nothing from Pats, And we just had a call about a moment who gave birth to her baby in her sleep. Too well, fome Jack and I nothing from Pats. You two tickets up for grabs. All right, Let's go to Let's go to Debbie. Good morning, Debbie, Hi, good morning, guys.
Speaker 5: Welcome to make us say Wow. If you go, I think I.
Speaker 6: Can do it.
Speaker 7: When I was seventeen, I was up In my first trip in Papa, New Guinea, I was flying with my uncle's friend to Venomo when he was flying low and hit a tree.
Speaker 12: We didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 7: He made it back to actually picked it up on the bounce, and we made it back to the main airport and they looked up and said we'd lost the front wheel.
Speaker 12: So why that was happening.
Speaker 7: I had to actually fly the plane for a while and we had to land, and he had to compensate for no wheel. When he did, he overcompensated and it did somersaults all the way down the runway. So I remember landing upside down and having all the dirt flying up at the screen.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 7: I don't think too many people have flown a plane at seventeen and had done somersaults down a runway.
Speaker 4: Looks like something from Mission Impossible.
Speaker 7: I was seventeen, so you don't think you're going to do you think.
Speaker 2: You're invincible then absolutely, Yeah, And the plane was doing somersaults.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, he had to land no wheel, So when he's gone to land, he's tipped it backwards and the tails hit and then it's gone forward and and you know what, I mean it's the tail hitting has made it slip forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh many road moment, Yes, I remember that hit board, the profeller going into the ground and all the dirt coming up the wind.
Speaker 2: You both like you to be alive, you and your uncle's friend.
Speaker 7: I always say to people, Look, you got more chance crossing a road getting hit than something like that. You just you know, things happen.
Speaker 4: You move on.
Speaker 2: Oh, sadly, it's not a wow, but it's a great story to be I'm really sorry, but no wow's there today? Worry, worried, tough lu All right, all right, let's try two ghost stories coming up next, go story number one, Hayley, Hello, how you going? Oh good? Hey, tell us your story, make us say well.
Speaker 13: All right. So a few years ago my dad passed away quite suddenly, which in itself is not that extraordinary.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but it would have been devastating if it's suddenly.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, absolutely no problem. So growing up, my dad would often turn the heater on for us, as you do as a parent, to keep the house nice and warm. Anyway, on the morning after he had passed, I'd slept on the couch and the house was nice and quiet and we had my one of those those really old fashioned gas heaters where you've got a press the buttons down and it takes ages to lone.
Speaker 2: And it clicks in the pilot light.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's the pilot light. And you've got the manual lever at the bottom, so you can only get left or right for for high or low on the fan. Well, anyway, the next morning, at around seven o'clock and when the house is completely quiet, the lever flicks on and the gas heater lights on by itself, completely turns on without anyone touching it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, I don't believe in ghosts.
Speaker 2: I got. I actually got goose bumps when you told me that story, because because.
Speaker 13: That's as a parent, you keep the houselights so warm, you know, for your kids, and then.
Speaker 2: You want to believe in a world where your dad was still looking out for you even though he's passed, and giving you a little bit of heat for his daughter.
Speaker 6: Lovely couldn't have turned itself on.
Speaker 4: You didn't know about Poulter.
Speaker 2: Guys are terrible turning on boilers and Pinot lights. You never see that scene in a movie where there's a couple of ghosties turning you gotta give it out ten seconds. They ain't got to wait two minutes and we get gassed out.
Speaker 13: You know, when you've got to light it with the match because sometimes it goes out. It was like one of those hopefully I want to.
Speaker 2: Say a movie called ghost Dad where he just goes around a little things like this.
Speaker 4: So do you guys get in one go? Because every time I do one of those things, you have to press it down five times.
Speaker 5: That goes.
Speaker 13: You get blisters on your fingers as well.
Speaker 2: I know, wow, past does it? Well? I do? Well? What at you? Wow?
Speaker 4: I think I just don't believe in ghosts. I think it's some kind of technical malfunction with the heater.
Speaker 2: A pilot light can't just turn itself onto.
Speaker 13: The old kick pretty timely though.
Speaker 4: It is pretty timely, I'll give you that, definitely pretty timely.
Speaker 5: You've got tickets to go and see you two.
Speaker 2: How can I not? How can I not? With a story like that, It's a beautiful story. I want to believe in that world, Haley, I believe it.
Speaker 13: Thank you. Happy birthday by the way too.
Speaker 2: That's right all right, Haley, enjoy you too, well done.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Christ Ohconnell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, the next twenty minutes. I guarantee one thing. I don't think it's going to go how we wanted to go. We're about to do. If this was a TV show, they'd be pre recording it and they would do ten takes to make sure they got what's called in the trade, the big reveal, the big moment, and that's what we're trying to do. But I don't think we're going to do it. We spent a week trying to pull this off, and we're about to do it during the next ten minutes with you stand by the radio. I think it's not going to work, but this is what we're trying to do. I've got an email a week ago from a mum called Nikki telling us about a lovely little five year old girl called Havana and she's a massive fan of the Bombers and a big super fan of the mascot Skeeter, and he came to her kinder as she wouldn't leave his side all day and as she cried when he left, and she keeps saying, Mum, can you call Skeeter and invite around for a play day, and so we've managed to get Skeeter onto the show today. There's a giant there's a giant curtain in the studio right now drawn The studio looks half broadcast studio, half field hospital, or like a race horse. As we out this misery, it's looking, it's looking intimidating already. Okay, now hidden away in the radio station, unable to hear my words.
Speaker 5: Right now is five year old.
Speaker 2: Have Anna and her mum Nikki in In about five minutes time, they're going to come into the studio.
Speaker 5: We can we bring in Skeeter now. Think he's getting changed. He's still getting changed.
Speaker 4: About ten minutes ago said yeah, I'll start getting dressed.
Speaker 5: Doesn't take to get a big mosquito outfit.
Speaker 4: Any me, even if he doesn't have his head on.
Speaker 2: I don't think Disney do it this way. I don't want to see the guys inside Skeeter turn up with a newspaper with half the crossword done. He just shook my hand. And when I'm Skeeter, they don't do it Interciday. You don't see them wandering around with half half a head on, or you know, won the Mickey mouse head under the ears. So I'm running late. Well, so Skeeter is going to be hidden away. I start chatting to the mum and the kid, and then we're going to a pre arranged phrase we're going to bring Skeeter will jump out.
Speaker 4: Well, he'll burst out of the curtains.
Speaker 5: All right, what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Five year olds, they're easily overwhelmed, blessed.
Speaker 2: So she's probably going to be tired, a little bit scared when a giant, when Skeeter leaps out.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm betting on. I reckon we'll actually get zero reaction.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm fearing.
Speaker 2: Hey, Skeeter coming in mate, Thanks buddy, Skeeter, you're looking great. Already he's got he's got no mosquito ahead at the moment, Hey, Sketer, just just at the moment before we hide away, come back, jump on that mic there there he goes. So this is Skeeter.
Speaker 4: Oh he's saying he's not allowed to talk even without the head on.
Speaker 2: Like already already already alarm bells.
Speaker 4: Is this something we could have known?
Speaker 2: How can the producers not know the Did we not just have a chat with Brad? So you chat to Skeeter on hour. We've just woun out Skeeter. Contraction. Can't talk, Skeeters the other side of the curtain. Now I'm talking to curtain, Skeeter. Can you not talk? Can he grunts?
Speaker 4: Can you just give us a thumbs up? Or is the raising You're not allowed to talk because it de mystifies the character?
Speaker 5: Okay, he's absolutely that's great. Okay, Skeeter.
Speaker 2: What I need you to understand is, Okay, after this outbreak, we're gonna bring the little five year old girl who is a big fan of yours and the bombs. Okay, when I say, close your eyes, let's see if we can make Skeeter a pear counter three and then leap out. He's nodding his head right. Then, Skeeter needs you don't say anything. Let's allow for the magic to happen. Let's give a good five second gap. Okay, double thumbs up Skeeter. Double thumbs up from Skeeter.
Speaker 4: By the way, thumbs up a man in an esson jump up without a head on.
Speaker 2: So, greatest guest booking for a radio show someone who.
Speaker 4: Can't But is he gonna like leap on?
Speaker 6: He's not gonna leap on hare.
Speaker 2: Is he just walking? Excuse me? Where you're going?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Where ske to gone? He's walked? What is happening? But it's forgot his feet?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want to go home. I said at six o'clock this is gonna work. We've found out you can't talk to the book. Tomorrow, We've got a magician coming on the show tomorrow, Radio Magic.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm joining a studio now by a very very special young girl. My special guest this morning is just five years of age. She's called Havannah. That's that yet, That's that's you. Havannah's in with her mummy, Nikki Havannah. Good morning, good morning. What a great voice you've got now? Is this the first radio studio you've ever been in? What do you think of it so far? It's great?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And have you had a you've got day of school today?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: Now I know that you're a big You support a really great footy team, don't you? Which one do you support? Do you support the Tigers? Do you support my team the Dees? No? Do you support Carton the Blues. Tell me really loudly, really loudly. Who do you support Bobby? The Bombers with a rubbish? They stink? What's that smellest the Bombers in town?
Speaker 5: No, they don't know.
Speaker 2: They're great team. They're great to Now what is that T shirt you've got there? Who's that? Who's that one there?
Speaker 5: Who is Skeeter?
Speaker 2: I've never heard of him? He's he's from the Bombers?
Speaker 12: Is he?
Speaker 2: What is he like?
Speaker 5: They're one of their players?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay? And have you ever met him before?
Speaker 5: Are you lying?
Speaker 2: Come on it?
Speaker 5: You met Skeeter?
Speaker 2: Get out of here. You've not met Skeeter when a kindergarden? Yeah? And what happened? Did he come to your kindergarten? Did he? And what was he like? He is right above it? Yeah? Okay? Well do you believe in magic?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because magic's real, isn't it? Would you like to try and do a magic trick right now? Now we're in this radio studio. Wouldn't it be great if you and I could do a magic trip right now live on the radio, or we could try and make someone appear in the studio. What you want to try that? Okay? But You've got to really really concentrate, because if this works, we might be able to make someone just appear another person, a very special person in this studio right now. They're not mam maam.
Speaker 5: You wantmum to disappear?
Speaker 2: All right? No, so mum's going to be safe in this magic trick. No mums will be armed in this magic trick. All right.
Speaker 5: Your mum's great, isn't she?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, he already do this magic trick. What you're looking at Tommy over there, he's got video camera. Yeah, he's filming this all right. Now you ready to do the magic trick. What I need you to do is close your eyes. I'll close mind. We count to three, and then we're both gonna yell Skeeter and the wizard to see what happens. Yeah, you're ready, Right, you gonna close your eyes. Okay, you close your eyes, no helpen with them, and then yell Skeeter, Yell Skeeter. Skipper.
Speaker 5: I think you don't do a bit louder than that.
Speaker 2: It's the magic trick. Skinner. Trym who's that skier? Look?
Speaker 14: Your magic trick works, well done?
Speaker 2: Who Why didn't you tell everyone right now? Who is in the studio with you right next to right in front of you, ski day. Listen, well done, you made your magic trip work. You've made Skeeter appear at high five and at the moment. Is this like an early Christmas present for you? Yeah? I think that if you could per, you'd be per right now. You're so happy that you're back with Skeeter. Yeah what all right? So yeah, your mum told us last week that you're a big fan of Skeeter, so we thought'd be great if we could try and reunite you too for a playdate on the show. Okay, is that cool? All right? Well, listen, thank you very much for coming in. I'm glad your magic trip works and you've got to spend some time with Skeeter again. Okay, and you get day of school too, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's all right, it's our pleasure, all right.
Speaker 2: Well done, Haval You're awesome. Word, I'm doing your magic trick. Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Reckfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Skeeter, the mascot who can't talk, is having a great time. But more importantly, the little girl, a little gorgeous little five year old's having a great time. She's now super super cute. All right, then this Friday, let's talk about this, guess. So we're going this Friday, this show and you the Cooper's in right at the heart, in the heart of the CBD old school hospitality, and the beers are on us. We want to say thanks for listening to the show. Yes, sir, we marked a year a year of this show, and so we want to buy you a beer on Friday night. So the drinks are on us, and or so you get canna past the other thing we're doing. It's not just come and say hi and have a drink with us, that's all great. We are doing a special show just for you on that night, for one night only, in a small room, a pub show bears. I can't wait. I love doing live stuff, and I hope if you're coming down, I hope you have a great time too. But yeah, me, Jack and Pat's doing a show on stage. Jack has already had his outlandish demands for us. We're calling it the Late Breakfast Show. It's a late night version of this strictly adults only. It's not gonna be recorded, not gonna be streamed, will not be podcast. What goes on in that room stays in the room. You'll hear stories that we can never share with you ever. Again, Jack's demanded a low table.
Speaker 4: I want to sleep behind a desk because I sleep behind a dusk in here. If we're doing a version of the Breakfast Show, so basically, people in this room that they're come into this little kind of little room with chairs, they're going to see a guy in front them sat at a desk. Well, it feels weirder to be wandering around with the microphones.
Speaker 5: Whatever makes you comfortable.
Speaker 2: If you need the desk, you get the Pats is comfortable pattern on a Friday night in a throne.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the throne we're getting you. It looks it's amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, if the Queen saw this, should go get rid of that knacked old thing I've had for the last five centuries. I want what Pats He's got. So we've got a throne for you. The only thing I require, right aside from a steady stream of drinks being topped top throughout the.
Speaker 5: Night, is i'd like a gong.
Speaker 2: I have an idea I don't want to share here, but I need a golden gong, you know, a big old bond.
Speaker 4: I suggested maybe a meditation studio would have one. You meditate or do yoga, and they go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's not on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: That's not hard.
Speaker 2: You don't ever have it one of those Buddhist temples where we go bo. Does anyone have one of these? I need to try and find one for Friday night. We've got two days to sort it out. But the most important thing is we got some tickets.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: We've got five pairs to give away right now to come and join us.
Speaker 4: Yes, you mean five pairs for the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: Five bears to give away right now.
Speaker 4: People are going to be sitting on each other's shoulder.
Speaker 2: No, we will find room for you, okay. Nine four one for one oh four three. If you want to come and join us Friday night in the pub, give us a call now, nine four one for one oh four three, same number for I know loads you put trying to get through right now, everyone's got a gone. We all know a guy who's got gone. Right. It's a very common thing, isn't it in Melbourne? Nine one four three To come and join us beer for a year.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we marked one year of the show and we're taking you to the pub Friday. So thanks for supporting this very very new show. And it's Beer for a year with us at the Cooper's in right at the heart of the CBD old school hospitality. The drinks are on us plus cannabase. I love that bit.
Speaker 4: Do we find out what they are?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 5: Like what you describe to an alien?
Speaker 2: Say a little green man came in a studio right now and said, what's a cannapase?
Speaker 4: Is it just anything small? Like a little spring roll, a little spring rod? I describe it?
Speaker 2: Can I make a prediction? Pats watch this on Friday night. Before Jack goes on stage, he'll ask for his cannabase. Your tiny little tom tum the old birds stomach.
Speaker 5: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: That's a banquet for you, the cannabase. We're coming down the pub. The only thing I need is a gong. Quite a lot of you are saying, try Red Simmons. He had a great one in Red Faces and he hate Saturday.
Speaker 9: I have.
Speaker 4: They've got to still have that.
Speaker 6: There'd be a restaurant or you know one of those shops that sell Asian sort of style furniture. I've seen them in those sort of places, be gongs.
Speaker 5: Asian style furniture.
Speaker 2: It's a well known trend, isn't it.
Speaker 6: People pick couch, there's one down on Victoria.
Speaker 2: Basically Asian people live in the homes that look like the restaurants. The fish tank there picture picture of they've got a reception. They got water for the little mince in a volve and a giant gong. You haven't traveled really far out of wear Abasia. Twice around to one of your houses. Do you have a waiting area and fifty people in the kitchen with swing doors? All right, well thanks for that hot lead. So basically I'm going to wander around Thai restaurants.
Speaker 6: Go down Chinatown. Your fine one to start wheeling.
Speaker 2: It through my name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: Can I just bother the goal on Friday night? Even miss it stein it Paul, Good morning, Good morning Paul. How can they help the show? You have to take us a Friday night, come and join us, love to love to love the show brilliant. Thanks Paul, come on down Friday night. Thank you very much, that's quite all right. All right, let's go to David now. Good morning David, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you mate?
Speaker 5: This is David out of the Jet bass. Mate, You've got to have.
Speaker 8: The voice in the jet bass here.
Speaker 3: You just wouldn't be not with us.
Speaker 2: I'm not going on stage or starting anything or banging any gong until you guys are in the house. So you have to How are you not there already? You're not on the on the first mate, back in the back in the dark days of this early show. You on the few people listening actually, so yeah, you have to be there Friday night.
Speaker 3: Oh mate, thank you very much. We will be there with belleg on any If you don't get a gong, we'll make a sound of a gong for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Should we get David and the jet boys to do like a T minus ten T minus nine.
Speaker 5: I don't think they do that. What do you actually do at the jet base?
Speaker 3: We work with aircraft parts for everything that goes on a plane.
Speaker 10: We make sure they're correct pretty much. So all your chemicals.
Speaker 2: Are you ever in your job? Gone five four? They're not Kate Kennedy out there at.
Speaker 3: Houston we did the five four three two one can do before the.
Speaker 2: End of the day. David, we will see that. Look forward to meeting you and buying your beer.
Speaker 3: Oh my awesome, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Pleasure. Julian Rabin, Hello, Judy, You the Julian Morabin. That is one of the stars of the artwork time waster, that is me. You have to do that. I have to be that.
Speaker 5: You're always silver or gold from Jack.
Speaker 12: That's right. I should be more gold though.
Speaker 2: Jack, he's a tough marker. I mean I don't get any I don't get any I don't get any bronze.
Speaker 4: I get nothing just because you're a loyalist, and it doesn't mean I can mark your high. Julie, thank you, and I'm looking forward to reading you.
Speaker 5: Julie coming down. We'll see you Friday.
Speaker 6: I look forward to a thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Pleasure.
Speaker 5: All right, have we got have we got enough tickets to give on?
Speaker 4: Well, you're already given one more double than what we had allocated for today. So it's going to be a dry day tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Some people aren't going to make it. Paul coome on him.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good? So you fancy joining us down the pub Friday. I'd love to come on down. When did you start listening to the show?
Speaker 11: Pretty much from about the day one? I reckon as a convert from an over stations love it?
Speaker 2: Where did you come from? Which dark side? Do you say? No more saying I'm not going to wake up with the horses head in my bed tomorrow now? An you won't like this?
Speaker 5: All right, Paul, we'll see there Friday. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Christian oh Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: All right, time for today is at work? Time wasat sir. Let's see what Julian Morabin comes up with today. Today is Commonwealth Cheese Day and on Commonwealth Cheese Day, will mark this by asking for your cheesy TV shows?
Speaker 4: Is that why Trump is visiting the UK?
Speaker 5: It is, It's all part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Commonwealth Cheese Day. Please tell colleagues and friends. All right, so cheese TV shows? I've got curd your enthusiasm, well done.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 2: Why don't I get gold, silver, bronze, silver man Chay, go about the House Civil Plus the mentalism? You know the TV show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what's the cheese?
Speaker 5: It's a Swiss one called immantan.
Speaker 4: Oh over my Head, Bronze.
Speaker 2: The Cheese Sopranos. I've just had the word cheese said to a TV show people. Now I'm just going to add cheese in front of a TV show which does automatically. Hey, hey is cheesy Saturday Blue Cheese Healers.
Speaker 4: That's good. Gold.
Speaker 5: What have you got cheesy TV shows?
Speaker 4: Welcome back recordder.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a smart one Bronze plus Cheddi call Soul.
Speaker 4: Gold, Stilton Abbey, I think Paddington, Camember very good.
Speaker 2: That's very very good. All right, send us yours then on Commonwealth Cheese Day oh four seven five three one o four three oh four seven five three one o four three you can loaf off with the bet for show on the atwork time waster Cheese TV shows.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We've been giving away this week on the outwork time Waste the first tickets in town to go and see John Farnham headline one Electric Day at Werribee Park. It's back this November. Ticket's gone so tomorrow morning it's Thursday ten am. Through Ticketmaster. We get the best ones on Today's at work time, Wester Whin's the bet On Commonwealth Cheese Day. Looking for your cheese TV shows? Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 4: Yes? Did you know Cheese TV was actually the name of a TV show when I was growing up? My favorite show every morning I'd watch it before.
Speaker 2: School, Australian one.
Speaker 6: That one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they played all the cartoons, so they would play Power Rangers and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Why the name cheese TV?
Speaker 4: Wacky appeals to keep?
Speaker 5: I think's wackier than cheese.
Speaker 2: He's up on the craziness. Please all right, Blue Vein Healers.
Speaker 5: That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 2: Bronze, Yeah, well done, Sammy, well done. The David Chedderman Show.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Silver and Bright Hill, thank you very much. Fetter Homes and Gardens. That's really smart. Shane in Point Cook. I find generally that the ones we get from the area of Point Cook are always.
Speaker 6: Very clever, wet. That's why.
Speaker 2: Oh so some of them are quite smart. Dropped from the Sun, Silver, Josh in Preston, House of Kurds, Gold Havati five O, Simon.
Speaker 5: Homand Away.
Speaker 2: Stretch, Silver Parmesan Wants a Wife, Gold, Canon Beer Grills, Silver Robin Melton, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Good.
Speaker 4: Ski Terrible Bronze Miners.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of bronze miners this year. Sorry, Cameron Magnum Brie, I come on Silver Plus. I thought that was Gold, bree Witched Gold, Lizzie and camberwellwoldhom the Breedy Bunch.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: How I Met your Mozzarella right Gold pass Final this morning, Feta col saul Is John Finish.
Speaker 4: But I think it's going to go. How I met you on Motrella?
Speaker 2: All right? Word own, Nikki? How I Met your Motsida? That wins the John Farnham tickets. He's headlining One Electric Day where we park in November. Tickets on sale tomorrow morning Tenny m through Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Early on today we were doing Maker Say Wow and someone called him with that amazing story about her ghost dad. Yes, we loved it.
Speaker 4: He was turning on the heater.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Jack, I.
Speaker 4: Don't believe in ghosts.
Speaker 2: So tomorrow morning we're going to do a phone in Undeniable ghost Stories, where these are ghost stories when you hear the ghost stories that people have, you'll be left with no conclusion that a ghost.
Speaker 4: Tang convinced me. Even your ghost story about the hotel where the ghost yanked on your leg.
Speaker 2: Mind't you called me the next day to apologize. Now for me a refunds. It was a well documented haunted room. I wasn't warned. It poked me in the ribs and pulled my hair. Oh yeah, it's first I thought it was my wife getting a little bit rough risk. No, seriously, it didn't. And then it goosed me as well. It was like a playful ghost. That's a goosing, you know, where someone pinches your backside.
Speaker 4: No it didn't.
Speaker 6: Oh it was Sarah.
Speaker 2: That bit was Sarah say.
Speaker 4: I would love people to come forward with their ghost stories, but I am skeptical anything supernatural. I never really believed in it.
Speaker 6: You just need it to happen to you. We need to put you in a haunted house.
Speaker 4: Well, even when we had the ghosts that here is here, Timmy and Timmy and we had those paranormal dudes coming, and they took me around trying to use their beepers to go, oh that's beeping the ghost.
Speaker 2: Up, no dispect. So those lovely people came in. They weren't exactly professional Ghostbusters. One of them had to go its job was an undertaker at eight o'clock in the morning. That is not how that movie Ghostbusters goes. And i' knock off. Now go go and do my other job.
Speaker 5: Do you have a ghost story?
Speaker 2: I've got several, pickyr best one. Okay, tell chat now yeah, now all right.
Speaker 6: Well I actually saw my dearly departed mother in law a couple of weeks after she passed.
Speaker 4: See, this is what I respect that you thought that this.
Speaker 6: Is I.
Speaker 4: This is the angle we're going to get into, and the trouble it's going to be dearly beloved who have passed away. If it was a hideous uncle, then I'll happily say I don't believe it, but I don't want to go. My mom died and then at her funeral her ghost was dancing on the coffin.
Speaker 6: I won't believe that, not even if you saw it with your own two eyes.
Speaker 4: If I saw it with my own two eyes. But people ringing.
Speaker 5: Into what did you see your mother in law doing?
Speaker 6: I woke up. I was sleeping at the in law's house, and I woke up through the night. I was not dreaming. I woke up and before I looked at the door, I knew she was there. And I looked and she was. She was standing there.
Speaker 2: See, people have these stories all the time, especially when they've recently departed. Yes, before they go into what I know is the tube of light?
Speaker 4: Was she see through or not see through?
Speaker 6: She was like a mist but I knew it was her.
Speaker 2: I was tetrified.
Speaker 6: Yeah, missed like she didn't have.
Speaker 4: Missed open windows blowing into rain.
Speaker 5: She was like a fog.
Speaker 2: She was like a missed. Yes, so very misty.
Speaker 6: Very misty, and you couldn't pick up features like you know, the face, but there was it was her. I just I just knew it was.
Speaker 4: So that's a feeling more than you've actually she's definitely there, but you.
Speaker 2: Don't know that.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I'd love to do the phone tomorrow, right, we'll get.
Speaker 2: Undeniable ghost stories tomorrow morning on the show, Okay, to try and convince Jack that they do exist about There's some great stories out there. If you want to get in early to the party, email me Christian at gold one oh four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So busy day ahead for us. You're going to go to the Asian Furniture superstore.
Speaker 6: I'm going to get me a gone get me Okay.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow morning. You two tickets, last chance tickets. Come and join us in the pub. Friday.
Speaker 5: Title of today's show is mute mascot.
Speaker 4: In all honesty, what do they use the gong for in a Chinese restaurant? It's Is it like a happy start, happy hour or something ceremonial?
Speaker 6: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's ceremonial. Pretty starts ceremonial. There'd be a reason for that.
Speaker 6: Have you ever tell me you've been chowing down on your sweet and sour and you've heard the gong go off?
Speaker 5: Well for like happy hour, happy sour? You can have that thie.
Speaker 1: Listeners The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three