Speaker 1: Appreciation than Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast. Let's go, will.
Speaker 2: Do not pick on my Brian Adams Naughty Naughty?
Speaker 3: Where it does love come into its at it?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one of the four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Thursday morning, Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Ho you well this morning I was coming into the radio soci this morning, trying to run from the car into the station. Here it's pouring down with rain as it is right now. And uh, you know, sometimes there are people who's swipey card doesn't work, or they're just hanging around outside waiting for someone else to let them in. However, I'm at a sports legend a gun this morning, stuck outside the front of our radio station. Aaron Phillips is in our building. Well, why is she.
Speaker 4: Hanging around the building at five am in the morning.
Speaker 3: But that's what I thought. But she's you know, she's now she's co host thing for a couple of months on a Adelaide breakfast show. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, and she does it out of here.
Speaker 3: She's here. They would she was doing stuff at the Open yesterday. Oh cool, Yeah, she was there yesterday hanging out with Federer and serena pretty amazing day. Anyway, she was stuck out. We had to let her in the building. If you're erin Phillips, you should have a swipe card that gets you into any building wherever you want.
Speaker 4: See. I thought you were going to say rules of rules therein I know who you are, but I can't mabe to.
Speaker 3: Make a couple of courses check on my database, you know, to know you could have been fired. Did you not get the memo? I mean, you know footies are hard, well, but then there's breakfast radio. But what I could I was so made up mean her, even though it was very early and you're like trying to make small talk with somebody. But yeah, amazing, Yeah real gun Lois suits obviously got into her footie. She idolizes her. She can make up. I think she was a very good basketball player as well, and cricketer, you know, one of those all rounders that can just do any any sport. So on this morning show. Then yesterday, the big thing is we were naming the beer here. Hero's Gold is what our Bushfire relief beer is going to be called. Heroes Gold, and next Wednesday it starts to it's actually being be produced and then the middle of february's when you can buy. We'll give you all the details about how you can buy, how you can support it. This is a bushfire relief beer as well. It's a fundraising beer. And thanks so much all the hundreds of names of different suggestions of what we should call of this important beer. But we've gone for Heroes Gold. And the really really exciting thing is people have a really started to make jingles later on this morning. You can hear some of them. Some of them are incredible. That one we got I sent you guys yesterday afternoon at the Guy's Scent is great.
Speaker 4: I mean, stop the search here.
Speaker 3: I think I thought we would take another week or two trying to find a great jingle, but there is a really, really good one. Now. Patsy is putting something off that a lot of us put off, and that is to do with your teeth. Please tell everyone what you need to have done at the dentist.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot, well it's mounting up. I've got to get three fillings and then I've got I think I must grate my teeth when I sleep. So I've got like two very small hair cracks down my front teeth, and apparently I need caps on them or something cracks?
Speaker 3: What you do? Two cabs and three fill in my teeth afterward? This thing at bed at night time to stop me grinding? You're actually cracking your teeth?
Speaker 5: Got a crawd. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But when he said that and he said caps, I didn't hear anything else. All I could see was dollar signs in my eyes. But the dentist keeps crying, what's a cap on the toothing?
Speaker 5: Well, a couple of grand I think, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't mean like literally, what do they do?
Speaker 2: I think they put like a film over it so it can't crack any further.
Speaker 3: Well, can't you put some of that spare contact that you had from when you did all these stool books? Is that a way to save some money?
Speaker 4: Maybe I should?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: How many phone called reminders? Because I'm sure to have this filling at the back, and the dentists went yard, we'll give you a reminder to two messages I've had. I was meant to come in six months ago. Yes, I'm all right. The moment I will I will call you when I'm in pain. That's when I bought my tent.
Speaker 4: To the point, said Tom Hanks in Castaway Level, where he has to knock it out with.
Speaker 3: The ice, I'm not doing it while it doesn't hurt, because no one winningly hands himself into the dentist.
Speaker 2: I just I've got terror from like being a kid. We had the worst dentist, old missus Burns.
Speaker 5: She petrified me and she was really she was dreadful. And she had this caro heater in a waiting room.
Speaker 2: And now every time I smell it, it takes me back to sweaty.
Speaker 5: Palms and waiting to be called in to.
Speaker 3: Get You got post traumatic stress disorder from the but also pats to be fair dental care like nowadays, you should take your kids in. They calm them down. You want to watch some episodes of Friends? I know put the special all this. We didn't have any There was no watching anything.
Speaker 4: My dentist has a TV installed on the roof, so when you're lying back in the chair, you watch TV.
Speaker 3: It's all nice. Now do you want some homeopathic treatment? Are you waited? What was it that you had to sit there? And I'm sure that the sound of the drill was even louder the recon I reckon, they've got these new like they have these whisper hair dryers. Now, I reckon, they've got like whisper drills. You barely hear it now, but you see it somedings that were using on some kid's teeth.
Speaker 4: Starting a petrol engine.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: May have heard in the news this morning with Patsy very sad passing away of a proper comedy icon. Terry Jones, one of the founding members of Monty Python, has passed away overnight, which is really tragic news because Terry was your bona fide, like all the Python's genius geniuses word that we bounded around too easily these days, but Terry and all all the members of Monty Python were that are that are geniuses. And one of the one of the things I was surprised about when I moved here was just how much British comedy you all grew up on and revered, which was lovely. I love that, including so many of you loved Monty Python like a lot of people over the world, but I didn't realize that it stretched as far as Australia because obviously when they were on TV, TV was a much smaller place to get it around the world. Now we all stream and everyone's watching the same TV show wherever you are on the world. But I used to they were just a There'd just been nothing like Monty Python. When I was a kid watching that with my dad. He used to let me watch it. There'd been nothing like that before. I don't think there ever has really since either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have similar memories of my parents being big Monty Python fans and watching Live at the Hollywood Bowl as a young kid and Life of Brian as a young kid. Probably too young for the age I was, but have such fond memories of that, and it is something I shared with my parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were, they were. They made so much. They changed all of comedy. If you think about even communities like Steve Martin and South Park are they all always pay huge credit to what Monty Python did with not just the how well written all the sketches were and how silly and surreal they were, but visually how it all looked as well, with the Foot Coming Down and then the movies as well. Jack and I were just talking before the show about Life of Brian. Just how if a movie like I don't even know imember, and I'm lucky enough to interview quite a few of them, And Terry Jones of a couple of times, and John Pleas and Michael Palin, they also the same thing. They don't think they'd be able to make those movies in these modern times. They wouldn't be a mate. They don't think they get the funding for Life of Brian, and they think they'd be death threats and stuff like that. That the world is a more advanced place in certain ways, but in some ways far more which.
Speaker 4: Is interesting to think about. You think we are always getting a little bit more progressive, but it's something that was made in the seventies couldn't be made to know.
Speaker 3: In terms of comedy now and offensiveness, I think we're actually becoming going backwards at times. You know, you think about people who are actually upset and wrote big articles saying that Ricky Gervas is a right wing nut job because of some jokes he made at the Golden Globe, at the Golden Gloves that even said at the beginning, now these are just jokes. I've been hard to write them but plays if you got upset, remember they are just jokes. Did them and people were still upset and then said he's right wing because of making jokes. So goodness knows what people would have made of Life of Brian if that came out like this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but do you remembermember the impact that Life of Brian had when it first came out, because I moment it must have had its fair share of controversy back.
Speaker 3: When it was in England. I mean the stuff that it deals with. I mean there were like protesters, the stiffly worded letters to the BBC. I mean, I think Peter Sellers fund, they struggled to get financing from it. Peter Sellers bank rolled that movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and George Harrison and George.
Speaker 3: Howson Yeah yeah, well they just couldn't get the money. People were like scared of being anywhere involved and stuff that there were. There was a religious group that took out full page newspaper adverts urging anyone who was religious not to go and see this movie, basically saying you would going to hell.
Speaker 4: But isn't that I mean, I bet that worked against their what their will want? John, If I saw that in the newspaper. I would go.
Speaker 3: The next day John Clees said it was in the Daily Mail, and even then the Daily Mail was just kind of you know, the adverts were placed in the Daily Mail, and I remember John Clees was saying, how one of the of the pythons, I think it was Michael Poland called and going did you write these and take these? They just were so over the time that John John's these. Surely these are so ridiculous. An actual human surely hasn't written this and taken a four part John is under a fake name. But I would saying maybe we should We often do ay couple of months we try and to do a classic movie club. Maybe we should do Life for Brian. You know, there are so many, so many great moments that still really really funny now and live on as well. I was also saying, you know how they have you often people will talk about the Mount Rushmore, who be on the Mount Rushmore. If we were talking about the Mount Rushmore of comedy geniuses, people that actually change comedy forever and leave a different mark on it, you've got to have the pythons out there. But obviously there's five of them, so let's just say there's one face that is all their five faces, a very python ess kind of image. Maybe it's just a stamping foot represents all five of the founding members.
Speaker 4: Of Hydra creature that has five of their heads coming off one neck.
Speaker 3: So I think the pythons would be on the Mount Rushmore of comedy, right, they deserve to go on that. Who else do you think deserves to go on the Mount Rushmore of comedy? Like our founding fathers and mothers, like really did change it?
Speaker 4: Does this go back far enough from me? I guess Seinfeld? Jerry Thyon, Yeah, I missed the great sist. I don't think there's a funnier sitcom than Seinfeld.
Speaker 3: Last night I was watching the first two episodes of the new Larry David Kirby Your Enthusiasm, Yeah, season ten, which is still so funny. And when you watch Larry David and Kirby Enthusiasm, it's George, you know, it's just everything that happens there, You know, I would see right you were you're writing a Larry David who co wrote all of them and came up with the idea with Jerry, he is George.
Speaker 4: And then like Monty Python in a way, It's kind of those partnerships that.
Speaker 3: Were just like yeah, absolutely, yeah, definitely Jerry Seinfeld foul, definitely going perhaps, who do you think should go on?
Speaker 5: You know who it is?
Speaker 2: For me, it's got to be Paul Hogan, a bit of local flavor. He was absolute, absolutely remarkable and had a big impact on me. I thought it very down to worth. Black and white is what you see, and he doesn't pretend to be anything else.
Speaker 5: And he was an institution here. He was a massive part of my upbringing.
Speaker 3: He must have been so the rest of us. So in England we came across Paul Hokam for the first time with Crocodile Dundee, which was this for me. I thought it was like the funniest movie in the world. I just thought it was such a funny, funny movie. It was massive that movie. I think it made like three or four hundred million around the world. They made it for like twelve million. It was a huge movie. So he would have been before your time, Jack ye.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, we're going down familiar path here, but I haven't seen Crocodile Dundee.
Speaker 3: I keep forgetting. Yeah, I thought every Australia had to at school leaving exams. You weren't allowed to go into the world with us seeing crocodile.
Speaker 5: But he had a weekly show.
Speaker 4: I know, I know the theme. He goes he's an outback kind of guy in goes to New York?
Speaker 3: Is that it? But so much more, so much more. It's a really funny movie.
Speaker 5: His stand up.
Speaker 2: He did a show every week, Christian and I think it was on Channel nine, wasn't it, Brad? Channel nine used to show it, and he throwing to.
Speaker 3: Our older producer was around Wikipedia actually go to him about a lot of stuff. So the Egyptians use this the writing tools.
Speaker 5: But some of these characters like Leo Wenka.
Speaker 3: His name, this isn't like before the show at the Warmer Show. We're actually on air. We don't need to know any more about that character. That Monty Python, whoever that character was. Okay, so let's take a break now and have a little pats chat with Patsy give us school. Who do you think should be on the Mount Rushmore of comedy. I think pats should be.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show podcast.
Speaker 3: Apologies about the strong language that Patsy used earlier. She couldn't find the folder of a strong language you can't use on breakfast radio, amongst all the other one hundred and fifty ones. So we just opened up a new subfolder for her. All right, we're trying to We're talking about comedy legends this morning, because one has passed away, Terry Jones from Monty Python and also the writer of Labyrinth as well, a properer comedy genius. We're talking all the other Pythons and everybody else. Who do you think deserves to be on the mount Rushmore of comedy? Think about people who really changed comedy and their comedy lives away after them. Let's take some calls right now. Scott coome Onrning good on, Yeah, good Scott. Who do you think should be on the mount Rushmore of Comedy?
Speaker 6: I think you get going through the eighties, earlier nighties.
Speaker 3: Even now, you can't go past Eddie Murphy, the comedians in cars with him and Jerry Seinfeld. You see Jerry Stool in AWE. There's a scene where the two of them are having a coffee together and Jerry said, I always always thought you were the magic man. You just had something different for Jerry Seinfeld say that to another comedian. You can just see he's just in awe of the powers of Eddie Murphy and he's due. He's just signed a deal with Netflix. He've been doing two brand new stand up specials, and.
Speaker 4: He talks in that episode with Jerry Siefeld about how scared he was to go back to stand up. But I just rewatched Eddie Murphy raw Bianca.
Speaker 3: It's so good, amazing story teller and what a great comic character as well. Beverly Hills cop was great. Love those movies. Yes, Scott, Eddie Murphy just should definitely go up. And without Eddie Murphy there'll be no Dave Chappelle, a lot of other comedians and Chris Rock they allow him and Richard Pyre so much, Scott, great idea, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thanks judge. Everyone.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Kieran. Good morning, Kieran. Hey, yeah, good Kieran, thanks for calling in so for you? What will you? Who should we have on the Mount Rushmore for comedy?
Speaker 8: Matt Zone and Trey Parker park.
Speaker 3: Definitely what an amazing show. Yeah, definitely, and very Monty Pythron at time as well, but comedy with a real edge as well.
Speaker 4: Fearless and it kind of underrated. All people like to put South Park in a box. I think there's just a silly TV show cartoon that has a lot of swearing in it, but it's such a clever, clever, funny show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And the movie World America Team Police. That is a really really smart movie as well, very bad and.
Speaker 4: There stage musical Book of Mormon. I mean, that's honestly one of the best things I've said ever. Any too, haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: Was in London, frages they kept being off with tickets and still didn't go to see it.
Speaker 5: Is it still here, Pats, No, it's finished.
Speaker 3: I think it's opening in Thankston, so might go and see that small Reptor they do Kira and that's a great one. They're definitely out there. Matt and Tray, well done, thanks for that. Have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank god.
Speaker 3: Let's take one last one. Todd, Good morning, Good morning guys. How are we today? We're good? Todd? I hope you will? And out of the rain? Todd, who is it for you? On the Mount rushmore of comedy.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to go back a bit further and go Andy Coffin.
Speaker 7: He kind of pioneered that awkward and not sure if it's funny.
Speaker 6: Not sure if it's a bit risk guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely. You think about Sasha Baron Cohen. Yeah, he's definitely been you know that, he's a he's a real echo of what Andy did, not coming out of character and just really really pushing it into awkward areas. No bor rat and or I mean he's fearless when he goes as that film in that series he did that was on stand last year is hard to watch at times where you're like he's in genuine danger of his life.
Speaker 4: Have you have you said that? There's a Jim Carrey documentary where he talks about playing Andy Kauffman in the movie Man on the Moon.
Speaker 3: It's a brand documentary and.
Speaker 4: To get into Andy's headspace. He never came out of character in the film, so when the director yells cut, he's still portraying himself as Andy Kaufman. And everybody who waits on the.
Speaker 3: Film pass and I keep waiting for you to break characters. Been eighteen months now. It's Andy Kaufman of Radio Jackpones. It's a character. It's a character. Todd, that's a great idea. Definitely put an Andy up there. And also Lacker in Taxi Todd have a good.
Speaker 6: Day, you too, amout, you too, Thank you.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Morning the news that Terry Jones on the founding fathers of Funding Fathers, founding members and also founding fathers of Monty Python passed away and I were talking about how Monty Python should definitely be on the Mount Roushmore of Comedy.
Speaker 3: We're taking your suggestions about who else deserves to be up there. Some great names here we mentioned Jerry Sign, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, and Ricky Gervais. I will let Ricky know. I think Ricky just presumes he's up there anyway.
Speaker 4: I don't think you have his own face commission, even if he wasn't put up there.
Speaker 3: Christians, anyone mentioned George Carlin, Yeah, George Carlin won the greatest stand ups ever. Andrew, that's a great one. And Matt Frankston I surprised that none of us thought this one. Robin Williams, Yeah, of course, of course, just as automatically as Monty Panthon should be up the great Robin Williams.
Speaker 10: It's time for the radio version of everyone's favorite nineteen fifties television game show What's My Line of Work?
Speaker 3: All Right, it's time. The first time in twenty twenty, this has still made the cut. It stood on the show. We did actually have a meeting last Friday.
Speaker 4: We went through all our so called features to all the segments, and.
Speaker 3: It was brutal. Somehow this is I think that was a bit of the meeting where we just were like this, God the pub now, yeah, yeah, we're still doing that one. Yeah, when we go back over that list this week. Anyway, let's commit to it. I played the music What's my line of work? So we reset the scores because I'm saying that because I've completely forgotten.
Speaker 4: What no one knew what they were anyway, believe you were not leaving it was you were not.
Speaker 2: Come on, I'm good at this game, says yourself. No, I am on, lady.
Speaker 3: Remember Collett, who's the most honest person in this radio session? Collect? Do you know what the schools were?
Speaker 5: Tatsy was winning? Thank you, corl.
Speaker 4: I actually thought my memory of it was that you drew her.
Speaker 5: Or even not even remotely close.
Speaker 3: Collect. Let me ask you again, was I drawing it with Pats?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I said the fairest I remember on the wall. Believe it, all right, So we're going to reset the schools.
Speaker 5: You're okay with that, Pats, Oh yeah, I'm a team.
Speaker 1: Player, all right.
Speaker 3: All right, So this is how it works, and you cool it and A we going to try and guess what your line of work is in three questions, you give us a one line clue to your job. So if you've got an unusual job that we think, there's no way we're going to guess. This is few and we'll send your prize.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: For someone who claims to be the winner of this game. Jack and I just had a very tough three minutes explaining how the game worked, that apparently she was the best to play.
Speaker 5: Talking tongues and made it clear I heard, I heard.
Speaker 3: Is that I heard him and talking to you very clearly, so did brand to producer. We've now got blood come out of our ears.
Speaker 10: So with no guessing, it's time for the radio version of every favorite nineteen fifties television game show, What's my line of work?
Speaker 3: All right? Before we play letters, remind ourselves more than the good people that might be listening right now, how this game works. Listener comes on it. They give us a one line clue to their tricky job to guess. Perhaps you'll go first, then Jack then myself. We ask a question each that it's a yes no answer. Then we guess.
Speaker 5: Radio captain.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you get it?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 5: Jackie, are you competing?
Speaker 4: That's what I told you.
Speaker 3: I said that work or word during Banana Rama, and normally I'd like to have science and the studio. If my three girls are on you now much? I love banana rama. Okay, all right, be ready to play if we already? Why did we keep this feature? It's so complicated?
Speaker 4: Is then path comes back through the nicom, going I'm there. So we squished the two persons together.
Speaker 3: So only two of us are playing. So she said you did it so not in front of the children.
Speaker 6: Fake.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Fase.
Speaker 1: On the phone, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Fae. Sorry about this. We're just having a few internal issues at the moment. All out at some point at the end of the year, hopefully, Faith. Okay, so Faye, at least you know what's going on. Fae. You can run this feature for me this morning. Fay, give us the one line, clue to your job.
Speaker 11: Okay, so iissed people every day.
Speaker 7: And this is one test that you wouldn't want to get wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've got past disease. Disease?
Speaker 5: Fae.
Speaker 2: Do you work in like a pathology you know? Do you work with like test tubes and stuff?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Faye? Do you test people one on one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Fai. Do you work for the police? No?
Speaker 5: Do you wear a lab coat in your job?
Speaker 3: The job? And you said question?
Speaker 1: Told you?
Speaker 3: I've told you.
Speaker 6: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Are you like any exam person you know?
Speaker 4: Job Jackie?
Speaker 5: No, I just said, are you like an exam person that marks?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I like to work for the Curriculum Assessment Authority or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Are you a school teacher?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Are you a driving examiner?
Speaker 6: Oh, clarify that question.
Speaker 3: Do you take people out in the driving test? You work for VIC Roads? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you stubbed this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, perhaps you couldn't even get it in twenty two questions? So Jack and I have one. You knew as many as you want?
Speaker 6: Game.
Speaker 3: Well, now you didn't win this.
Speaker 5: What are you saying?
Speaker 11: I'm a drug and alcohol tester?
Speaker 3: You come in and do pats I could not need.
Speaker 1: To Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell, Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Vic Rhoades Heatherton yesterday had a good in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: It was that long, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, I get some new number plates because someone stole my other ones and coin experience, isn't it When you got a big road, you get the little First of all, there was a queue out of the door.
Speaker 13: Oh yea queue out the door.
Speaker 4: To you would have just kept driving like not today, it's not today.
Speaker 3: But you can't have got no number plates. It's illegal. So there was a queue out of the door. And that's just to meet the very very cheerful. This woman was amazing. The greeter they have, they're the greeter. Don't know.
Speaker 4: I've only ever seen the ticket machine.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, there's a greeter. There's someone there, there's hi. How are you? And she was so cheerful, enthusiastic, despite the bow zone in front of me. Get this guy she's going to So you want to get your driving license renewed. This runs out in September. You want to do that today, He's like in January. This runs out in September. Very broad cross section of the world, isn't there. Everybody's there, everyone's represented as they should be. At vic robes it's like a David Attenbury.
Speaker 4: They say Australia's multicultural, but really.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's got everything there. So I get my little card name RN twenty one and they go and take my seat. And as always the numbering system, that doesn't make any sense because RN O twenty one suddenly there's AB nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's different categories of what you need to do. So if you need a regio, it might be different to someone like you who needs number plates. There's different codes like many care used to be.
Speaker 3: Oh that how but it's very stressful because you can't It was three o'clock in the afternoon, so I was getting ready for my little you know, nana nap there and I had my book and everything like that. That that and I've got even got a hot chocolate as well, so I can have a little thing. I don't know why I got hot chocolate, but I did. I was start with hot chocolate and I started to get snoozy. But then you can't because the.
Speaker 4: Number well, you can't we predict how far away you are with a normal numbering system. You go, all right, it's number twenty. I'm number thirty.
Speaker 3: There are RN one, so I've got another twenty before I'm called up, so I can have a little power that for five minutes. It's so stressfulus like ab t's it. I'm and it was like an hour and fifteen. Then I go to the counter and there was a lovely a lovely man in front of me right who he felt like our dad, you know, just just a friendly guy. Was a little little fellow with a beard. And very quickly I realized he wasn't this. He wasn't always on the computer screen. And he kept like hitting the old f buttons, you know, going sorry about this son, printer. This actually do is a one point. This printer needs to coffee to wake up. Three times he had to go and get his supervisor. He was this gentleman here, Oh Jeff, you just need to there is the computers are everything.
Speaker 4: It's computerized now, and they wonder why I'm so slow.
Speaker 3: He was. He was a lovely guy, and I felt so sorry because he reminded me of my dad. He was a decent man, and he actually said a swear word when he heard what happened. To him, went how could people do this?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: And he swore, and I'm like, oh, thank you for that. And he was he was flaffing around and that he kept wasn't sure what he.
Speaker 4: Was doing, trying to print off a new number plates.
Speaker 3: And then he goes. So this lady kept going and off the third time, going there again, telling him that he was the wrong screen and stuff like thish, yes you told me the day Margaret. Sorry. Then she goes and she grabbed it. She gently grabbed his arm and she was leaving him for the third time, goes, could you go out a log off the system after this, Jeff, and take someone out for driving tests, you know, when you've sort of been reprimanded. He couldn't even look me in the eye after that, and I didn't want to catch his eye because he knew that I knew that he'd been said, yeah, if you're screwing it up, go out and take some of the old young kids out around the block for the driving test. But thank you very much. So Jack has a day like me yesterday, where you've got something to when you look forward to. You've got a nice long drive today in the rain.
Speaker 4: I should be looking forward to today, and I've got a wedding this afternoon, but Thursday at Thursday, and I don't want to if the lovely couple or one who's involved in the wedding is listening, Like, I'm very excited to see any and Tom get married today. But we're down in Point Lonsdale, so almost at Queens Cliff at the end of the peninsula down there, beautiful, big long drive down for a Thursday wedding. And then I mean, we've got to be here tomorrow morning. Work must go on.
Speaker 3: I mean he's looking at me pattially like we got to be here. I mean, you badly did the last Friday with us. What you trying to say, we got to be here? Yes, what are you angling for? Well, I'm just saying it means you're a designated driver obviously.
Speaker 4: Well, I put myself in a designated driver mode because I want to get a proper rest in tonight. Don't want to get home too late tonight. It's an hour and a half back.
Speaker 3: Or your lucky wife being stuck with that guys vicar. Yeah, yeah, as above, we get the vowels. Everyone knows. It's just it's just like Te's and CEA's like with your grade. Yeah, we get it. No one's reading them anymore now, okay, yes except I do. Yaddy yaddy, yahda. Just get out of here. I'm going to turn into a pumpkin at midnight. Come on.
Speaker 4: So I have to hurry home after the show today to get ready for the wedding, which is actually a garden party theme, which means like this.
Speaker 5: Out there, it's going to clear, It'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Well, the I looked at the weather at for Point Lonsdale nineteen and raining pretty much until late afternoon evening.
Speaker 3: If you're sl like that in your photos, it's a different thing. Can I just ask you one last thing about this winning today? But you said, Brad told me the other day on Monday, you came in you look very smart. I've never seen you in a shirt. You short, and I needed a pair of thin soled boating shirts. It was a very and I thought, okay, twenty twenty. He's obviously been in the sales. But you said, Brad told me the next time I went chat was looking uncharacteristic smart. He guess. Oh, I don't know if you know this. I don't know if he told you might not want you to know he was road testing his wedding outfit. I was like, oh, no, existing out.
Speaker 4: Because I never I've never worn Guardian party theme. I've never worn a shirt like that, and I've never worn boat shoes.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't be leave botus shoes. I've been to the Green Day fan we hang out with last year shoes.
Speaker 4: I should know from you're reactually going that's a nice summer shoe, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Boating shoes?
Speaker 5: Get a soft suit.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've never known anyone row test and outfit. It's a brand new thing for twenty twenty Christian.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So if you ever come across anyone who is a Bushfire hero and the reason behind us want to do the beer to try and raise some money to do our bit on the show and to use these microphones for a little bit of good is actually to celebrate the reason why we end up going with the heroes. Golden the most common word that you kept saying when you were trying to come up with names. So what can we call our bush Fire fundraising beer? Hero was the most common word, and it's the heroes are the paramedics, the fieries, but the heroes are also the everyday unsung heroes that we don't even know their names. They don't have uniforms, and but they're going out and doing their bit, or they're at home knitting pouches for the orphan Joey's there. Those are the people that we to know about. So if you ever come across any of them, maybe it's yourself as well. We can happen anyway, just to try and support what you're doing. Steve, yesterday we spoke to It's going out this weekend trying to build a with their hands. They've got nonether, big equipment about a kilometer just a length of fencing and that will take them all weekend, just going out into bands down and booking an areas like that where they've kind of been even though the fires have now luckily at the moment, have died down and are over for now. But those areas, like Steve was telling us yesterday, those areas kind of feel out. They don't know what to do now. They're going to be waiting a long time for payouts and for the rebuild, and they're still hour by hour trying to lid their lives, feeling very abandoned, very scared, and probably isolated right now. And so anyone who's going out into these areas to try and say alone, we're still thinking of you. We know the fires aren't around, but the devastation they've called afterwards is going to be living in those areas for a very long time. And then there's people like Josh his four y four buddies going out. They're four x four off roaders. They organize a Facebook group sing if anyone wants to join them and go and take supplies needed out into very remote areas that are hard to get down, but not if you've got a big off roader four by four and you know how to use it. And then Pierce. When Jack and I came in two weeks ago to do a little bushfire show, we spoke to Peers as a trade in Fitzroy and he was sat watching the news and he wanted to do something. He thought I could donate my time and my tools for the rebuild. Still have a Facebook group and it was just him and then it built and built and built, and he'd had it for four days when we spoke to him two weeks ago and there had been astonishing then two weeks ago five thousand traders all over Australia, New South Wales, not just here in Victoria as well, w Way as well, all wanted to come and help out for the rebuild. You're at the Facebook group right now and if you're a trader, I know we've got a lot of good, hard working traders who listened to this show. What's the name of the Facebook group.
Speaker 4: Again, tradees for Fire Affected Communities, which Piers admitted wasn't the catchiest name, but it's still working. But it is working because if he had five thousand when we talked to him the other day, it's up to thirteen thousand members with five hundred and fifty active posts a day. So that's people from effective community saying hey, this is a town that you might not know about. They need this kind of help, and then people commenting, yep, I've got you. I can bring this up. Great, So it's a two way thing. People can go on and say we need some happle, Yeah, you need some. It's actually just reading through it is really touching and it's kind of incredible what people are doing. It's great.
Speaker 3: These are the kinds of people that we want to just be able to toast a glass to on a Friday with your first drink of our soon to be available heroes. Goal to actually say cheers to you what you guys are doing. And we've got someone else on the line now, another Bushfire hero, him and his boss. I just want to get them on and say thank you for what they're doing. Ash, Good morning, Good morning, Christian. Hell are you yeah, we're good? Listen Ash, tell everyone what you and your boss are going doing with these heybells and what you've been doing already.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I want I want to actually no, Mike, my boss, and a few of these this movie, they really want to help out with the Bushbose, specifically with the farmers up there. They've actually already been up for y Run Run as as a convoy up there, taking hay bales up to the affected affected cows up there, you know, just just to obviously give them food and keep them alive while they're trying to rebuild up up north. We've been going up to up to corry On at the moment, trying to deliver deliver some some feed for the desperately needed food for the cows.
Speaker 3: And what was it like when he went out there, because obviously, you know, we kind of forget about that. We know of the homes and you know a lot of the other wildlife and the habitats have been wiped out. What was it like when they went up? They were just a simple thing of a bay, you know, haybells.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look absolutely lucky he'd been up. Not myself, but you know, he said it was it was, It was pretty devastating, he said. You know, obviously you see burnt out paddocks, you know, and when you pull when you when they pulled up with the trucks with the hay, you know, you've got cows that will sprint down to get get the feed. You know. The real the real danger right now is that you know, it's these cows start eating the burnt ground, you know, can potentially poison and kill them. So you know, we're trying to make an immediate impact by providing hay bales to obviously keep them alive and keep them going and you know, keep that really they as said, alive.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. So who is doing this? So who is ash? And you were involved this as well and as other buddies as well. So did you say you're excavators by trade, you do plant high.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll work for a company called Starbuck Excavation and Plant. And he's sort of been working along with three or four of his mates Rough Excavations and from Cornford Excavations and Lorrie Landscapes, and those guys have been spending their time and fuel going around picking up hay bars and trying to you know, have that convoy ready to deliver up there. But yeah, but they just really already wanted to have something to be able to help out with the bush followers. And I know they've been trying to figure out something from the beginning and they came up with this and they're they're heading back up there this weekend, which is which sort of trying trying to drum up some more hay bars and that kind of thing at the moment.
Speaker 3: So how can we help people might be listening, What can we do? How can we help you?
Speaker 6: For those of you, for those out there, look, a direct direct impact for us would be to obviously be able to provide bars of hay whether it's you or if you've got a family or friends that you could speak to and ask if they've got any bars of how they could they could get to us. They can go straight to our Instagram page at Starbuck Excavation and direct message my boss and he will organize to whether to have it collected or meet somewhere somehow. The other way would be potential donations to buy bills of Hey, they cost about seventy five seventy five to ninety dollars each, so you know if that money will also go to it because we can't obviously not everyone can can directly donate hey or but you know, if they've got funds, they can help us to buy some more hay, you know if.
Speaker 3: They want to do that. I mean, I'd love to buy some bells for you guys. How can they do that? Mate? Because I know I can, I can do that. There might be other people that might want to.
Speaker 6: Do that if a if a direct direct message my boss on on on his Instagram page, he will love He'll organize that with you. Absolutely, he's already been doing that as it is, so not everything has been completely donutd so far. Some of these guys have spent their own money and obviously had other people donate money to potentially buy these these bils.
Speaker 3: Well listen, Ash, thanks for letting us know about what your boss is doing. What's your boss called.
Speaker 6: My boss's name is Jimmy Starbuck.
Speaker 3: Great name great, I mean, is Jimmy Starbuck Starbucks Excavation and Plant Highway. Jimmy Starbuck is a winner's name. It is, it is.
Speaker 6: He's an absolute legend. Hard to go the big fella, and yeah, well we're heading back up this Australia a long wakend, so it's not a great.
Speaker 3: Thing to do on Australia Day as well. Help people out, you know, just that simple act. It's not a simple book. Taking out that hey out there for the cows is something I think it's I think it's great what Jimmy's doing and what you're all doing as well. Full power toy. If there's any more out that we can do, you need to give us some just let let us know and I'll gladly do it. We fully support what you're doing and on half of everyone listening right now, it's amazing what you're doing. Good on you and Jimmy as well.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much so much for having me on.
Speaker 3: Ah easy good luck this weekend. I hope it goes well.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it, thank you all right.
Speaker 3: So there was a lot of information there from our man Ash Starbuck Excavation. You can find them on Instagram. We'll also share it on our Facebook page as well and on our gold website. So if it's we put that up there right now at OC one O four three.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: As we catch up with Bushfire's heroes if you ever find one or you know of one. I know it's a very un Australian thing to put yourself forward and say I'm a hero, but we need to find these people and we need to hear their names and now what they're doing. And also said there's anything on the show that we might be a help support you might listening. We have to help support them. I want to get involved, please email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. So when we came up Monday, we said that our lot of the thing we want to do try and raise some money was to produce our own beer. And we called around last week and we spoke to a great brewery so that they would help us in any way they can. And that's Hawkers. So just as much as we're excited about everything we're doing. We wouldn't be in this situation. I hadn't been for Hawkers and Marson and his great team there. So next Wednesday they start making our lager. We came up with the name yesterday Heroes Gold. And if you're going to call a beer Hero's Gold, you need a great, big jingle, A worthy beer like that, Heroes Beer to toast all the amazing bushfire heroes that we're hearing about and don't even know about. Heroes Gold deserves a great jingle. And that's the next part of what we need to do. Now. I need your help for that. But when you think about them and go back to the classic ones, do you all remember this one.
Speaker 14: Hard and first needs a big cold beer.
Speaker 3: And the best cold beer is big, a long, cold big.
Speaker 10: It can come at any time you're taking a bow or fainting a cow.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I gotta know.
Speaker 14: I don't First needs a big cold beer.
Speaker 3: Yes, cold beer is bigger. Victoria Bitter classic advert absent million name name the year.
Speaker 4: The first year that was out, I wouldn't have a close.
Speaker 3: Seventy seventy six eighty eight? Oh is it that late nineteen eighty eight?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: It's one of those iconic adverts. I've heard it before. They always do, Like these TV shows are like the great adverts, beer adverts from around the world. That one's always in there with the great voice as well. It's a classical straining act. Or isn't he Pats?
Speaker 2: Oh, he was just marvelous and Croc Dundee we were talking earlier, of course he was in that.
Speaker 5: He was brilliant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you remember this one? Then this is a few years ago. You remember this one. It's a big ad.
Speaker 4: It's a big ad got of Mickey Taylor, big epic out beer advert.
Speaker 3: Though another classic guess is for years, what's the year?
Speaker 4: Well, we yield racing, But that always trips you out. I'll guess twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: I'll say twenty ten.
Speaker 3: It's two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: No, no, oh my god.
Speaker 3: When you think about Lord of the Rings where they're at two thousand and five, you're the youngest on the team. But even don't you get two thousand and five. Doesn't that sound a long time ago? But we're now twenty twenty, twenty twenty sounds like something from the from the eighties movies. Why they'll be doing this in twenty twenty and now we're in twenty twenty. But yeah, two thousand and five that came out. So just hearing these great adverts and they're jingles, they're big, they're rousing, they're epic, and a Hero's Gold is an epic beer. We need a big, rousing, epic jingle. The beer will be coming out in mid February, so we've got a couple of weeks to do this beer justice and what it's really about. As well. Some of you have already started to send in your homemade jingles, which are amazing. Already one of them has already set a very high barb you know.
Speaker 9: O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. Thank you very much to Steve the Trucky. What is Steve gray on here? Christian.
Speaker 3: A great beer needs a great stubby holder. You could raise some money selling the Heroes Gold stubby holders. Haven't thought about that, Steve. Yeah, that's why we're all putting this together at a moment. That is a great thought. Of course, stubby holders kind of have that nice cold Heroes Gold going cold jingle, Steve. Yeah, Order Talent has released the sounds, so some of you have been kind enough, you know, who are musically gifted.
Speaker 4: Who's that you?
Speaker 14: Not me?
Speaker 3: No, But I'm just saying, you know some of our listeners who are musically gifted. Your music tune, yeah, string a tune together, pick up a banjo? You want me?
Speaker 4: I thought we wanted to this with.
Speaker 3: People are asking Ash and Jimmy Starbucks to pick up heybales. They're doing it. Pick up that guitar you've got at home. But it's a good for one.
Speaker 4: So if you guys, always the jingles I do. Or I made a jingle for the show opener once and you guys didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It was terrible, But try better is always hope. Yesterday I got an email from I'm not making this name right, writer, composer, performer Lady Shoala Cynthi Kuala Lady Shouala Cynthie. It simply said, I hear you need a here, you need a original composition. What's the beer chord? And I said, oh, what it's called? She went deadline. Yes, I guess this is out. They work the composers, And I said next week asap. She went easy. That's all. That's the end of my correspondence. Yesterday evening half nine in the evening, I was getting really good, a better. I just saw, you know, open an email that says I was talking about Lady Shoala Cynth and I was like, who is this. We've got a lady listening to the show, a ladyship, so we'll wait and see what she can to come up with something from scratch. Now, some of you have already started to make your own jingles and send them into us. Please do more of that. That was good think I was going to ask for to but as always you're so supportive in anything we do on the show, and with this beer, it's actually been overwhelming at times, struggling to keep up with all, like you know, Steve the truck, you talk about, what about stubby holders. It's all going so quickly at the moment, and it's so exciting. We haven't actually thought about everything. We will get everything in order, but that's why we need your help to try and make this beer happen. But thank you so much. The jingles like the classics ones you had from VB and Carlton. We need a classic jingles if you have any ideas. It's called a Heroes Gold. Already some of you started to have a rewriting spand Albane's gold that's great, more power to do that. There are other songs I've got Heroes and the titles well David Bowie's Heroes. And then a guy called Travis yesterday afternoon sent me a video where he said, I've made a little jingle jingle for you have a listened to listen. I blest it, thinking I don't know what it's going to be like. Then I heard this. This is something very special.
Speaker 15: Good day Christian guys just got a jingle. So heroes gold go.
Speaker 14: Some are this honeina hero honey a Heroes go.
Speaker 3: At the end of.
Speaker 15: The fights, Well, it's.
Speaker 14: Gotta be cold and it's gotta be fresh, and it's gotta be flowing all night.
Speaker 3: Love him back right and just saying, genius, you've set a bar so high. I don't know if there's anything we can come up with as good as that. And on the video we just put up right now, it's on Instagram on Facebook. You haven't you got to see it right. The guy's just in the front of his car or cab of his you. I don't know what he's in. He's got a big old Heroes bed there and just casually he's got his hoodie on. It looks like he was just keeping in out of the rain, grabbing a coff or something, and he just got he got he listened to us again. It's so casually done. It's brilliant.
Speaker 15: Christian guys. Uh just got a jingle.
Speaker 14: So here is go go some are this honeina hero honey a heroes go at the end of the fights. Well, it's gotta be cold, and it's gotta be fresh, and it's got blowing all night.
Speaker 4: It's powerful.
Speaker 3: So good you imagine getting our boy Travis in with a big band to really lift that up. Travis, thank you so much for that. Seriously, that is amazing. That is very very good. Also, thank you very much to Matthew sent me this when he came home from work instead of been thinking all day about what he could do for a jingle, and he sent us this one. It's a different kind of energy, but still very powerful.
Speaker 13: His to the heroes, come on, raiser beer.
Speaker 12: His to the heroes.
Speaker 13: Let's all give a chin for all the unsung heroes. I don't need to be told what's right to do. This one's for you.
Speaker 12: Raise a glass of heroes.
Speaker 3: Goal, come on effort, it's a catchy tune. Thank you Matthew. Think don't be poo pooing on them. Jacko on the side needs a strong B side and thinky he's done that for us, thinky take it away.
Speaker 13: Well to the heroes, come on beer, he's to the heroes. Let's all give a cheer for all the unsung heroes. I don't need to be told what's right to do. This one's for you.
Speaker 12: Raise a glass of heroes gold.
Speaker 3: Every hero It doesn't need to be told.
Speaker 4: What's right to do. That is a nice lyric, beautiful lyrics. It will it will be the first ever jingle. I think that has an A side and a B side, though jingles don't usually have a B side.
Speaker 3: But actually the rule sid what are you doing there?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 3: Are you doing anything? Travis again, I'm gonna pay frenky vn Travis.
Speaker 13: Here's to the heroes. Come on, roiser, beer, here's to the heroes. Let's all give a cheer for all the unsung heroes. I don't need to be told what's right to do. This one's for you.
Speaker 12: Raise a glass of heroes gold.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It needs a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, listen. That is not the spirit of this and that is un Australian.
Speaker 4: How you come one needs a Simon cow No, come on, he's.
Speaker 3: Not welcome on this show. Okay, that is great and so Travis take it away, sing this hour out.
Speaker 15: Candy Christian guys. Uh, just got a jingle. So here's gold this.
Speaker 14: Honeed a hero honeed a heroes gold at the end of the fights. Well, it's gotta be cold, and it's gotta be fresh, and it's gotta be flowing all night.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Imagine if we got Travis into a studio with a full band, it would sound like.
Speaker 16: This funny a hero Honey the heroes cold at the end of the fights. What, it's gotta be cold, and it's gotta be fresh and it's got to be flowing online.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good, doesn't it? All Right? Keithan coming then email me. I'm looking forward to hearing them, Jack won't. It's Christian at Gold one O four to three dot com dot Au Heroes Gold needs you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Shelley's just emailed us indooring is Shelley Travis for me? What an amazing jingle, Christian. I can see imagine everyone singing it. It's gutsy. We're talking about this early entry, the first entry yesterday afternoon, and you guys trying to have a go making a big jingle for our fundraising bushfire beer.
Speaker 14: Heroes gone a hero honeed, a hero's gold at the end of the fights. Well, it's gotta be cold, and it's got to be fresh, and it's got to be flowing all night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gutsy Shelley, You're right, that's what it is, all right, So let's do a let's take some colls now about job perks. The other day we were talking about first jobs. You always rem me your first job. We spoke to a caller and she used to have her first job was at KFC and she was stood at school and she used to be able to bring in the bucket the chicken to the school yard. Is getting imagine this would have created quite a stir. You will be the queen of the playground you turn up with free chicken from KFC. It's a good job perk. So I'd love to speak to people who've got good job perks. I mean, we are this is a lap of luxury doing this job anyway, but we have a lot of perks.
Speaker 4: It probably would have been bigger when CDs and vinyl was bigger for you back in the day.
Speaker 3: Would you say, seriously the amount of CDs like white labels. I mean I gave away a load of them, but some of them now would be worth so much when I've got like white label CDs that were only pressed up like one hundred copies for radio stations in the UK of like so much great red stuff from radio ad And did.
Speaker 4: You bring over a vinyl collection when you I got.
Speaker 3: Rid of it all when I thought it was all going to CD, just gave it to a charity shop.
Speaker 4: Because now you started and collect vinyl again, right and.
Speaker 3: Paying for it and paying.
Speaker 4: I gave it.
Speaker 3: Out of city heartbreaking. Yeah, perhaps you must have got loads of during back in the day of they used to companies used to just give you ridiculous stuff and a brand new iPod, the really big one, and a Zippo lighter signed by Bono for you two album, brand new iPod and zip record. Companies haven't got that kind of money just a uck around.
Speaker 2: But I do pretty well, as we know. I like the opening of an envelope. So the theater is my thinger. I love going to all the premiers on that.
Speaker 3: By the way, you left your tickets yesterday, and the printer to Billy Elliott.
Speaker 2: I guess it was coming up, yeah, yours, yes a.
Speaker 3: I was actually printing off some work documents and I was going, who is this? And collect goes there'd be pats.
Speaker 5: Looking forward to.
Speaker 3: Billy Elliot tickets printing off I'm black and white full color. She wants that full color? Who's the old work photo copy of for that? And the printer for that? All right? So other than us, we've got way too many job perks. What are the great job works in your job or jobs you've had?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: What's the best job perk you've got with your job or maybe your job you've had before? I want to hear about job perks this morning nine four one four one oh four three, Good morning, simone, Oh here going I'm good simone. So is this a current job or a job you have before? With your job pork?
Speaker 11: No, it was my daughter. She used to work at brykest Lot. She would take some of the leftover bread and buns and whatever was left over. Take it to school and sell it to her schoolmates.
Speaker 3: Sell it to her schoolmates. I thought it just ain't give it to her schoolmates.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, sell it to her schoolmates and make a little profit. Little entrepreneur. But she was.
Speaker 4: And how how much does dale old bread go for? Is there a discount?
Speaker 11: Oh, it was a fly discount. You know, she had to make money, she was, you know, she had to take it down in a school bag, and you know it inconvenience of it all.
Speaker 3: But no, she liked good little I like the fact you to pack it down. Yeah, you know, just under the school books and homework books and there was all the contrabund bread roles, a French stick in there, a loaf of you.
Speaker 11: I didn't know for quite a while, but she was doing it until the school rounded me up and said, I think we need to have a little bit of a talkie daughter.
Speaker 4: Well you need a cut of the profits as well, you know, cut in But you sound proud, simon, and you don't sound disappointed.
Speaker 11: Nosed fourteen, it's got to give it to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's smart, that's really smart. Entrepreneurial skills developing there all right, so thanks and corn and have a good day mate show. Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Danielle good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Good morning, Christian, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Danielle. I hope you're well thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 17: That's okay. I have the best job I've been working for twenty four years. I think it was this Way Chocolate Factory and we get to eat everybody on the line.
Speaker 3: So when do you say? Whatever it so as I say, you know, kit kats are coming down or something called different chocolate bars, and you'd actually start, you know, a bit hungry at eleven o'clock, I just have that one and start eating it whilst you're doing your job. Was it the ones a bit broken or monkey?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 17: Whatever you like, and get purpose ones you can get. You can sto over and give a pen for the smarties whatever you like.
Speaker 3: Thank you so worried temptation. If no one says stop, I think I just blowed up, they'd have to roll me out at the end of a week, because if you could, why wouldn't, especially when you get the old afternoon slumpies. You've just been popular left right, bang bang.
Speaker 4: And you said twenty four years, didn't you, Danielle.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I've been into twenty twenty years over it now. So like my kids and my kid's friends get pretty excited, and I gets and even the.
Speaker 3: Kids, but they're happy that type two diabeteses. A lot of people are doing to try it. Well, that is that it's just tons of free chocolate every day. You must got sick after after a couple of days of it, surely.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I'm sure of it now. But I've got the parent trees full of chocolates and my kids don't really care about it anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you so you were allowed to take it home as well?
Speaker 3: Is that like stuff that I get the feeling that she took it.
Speaker 17: We can get it from we can buy it from the stuff shop, but really cheap. You know, you've up the panetries birthday.
Speaker 3: Okay, Danielle, thanks for calling him.
Speaker 17: That's okay, that's right, good day bye?
Speaker 3: Is this really him on the line now? One of our favorite one of our friends is this Bratt's.
Speaker 8: Good morning, folks, how are we here?
Speaker 3: It is? Brett aka Kim Timmins from Neighbors is on the line. This is great. You always love having you on the show job perks, What do you steal something from Erinsborough High? What's going on?
Speaker 8: Not quiete? No, my life perk is it's in between the acting gigs. Of course there's any actor knows you've got to have some kind of normal job, as they say. And I have a moving business called Brute with a Ute and.
Speaker 3: I've got a couple of that is one hundredstraight o. I love that Brutes with a Ut awesome name.
Speaker 8: And basically my perk is the fact that because we move furniture from place to place, I have managed to dick out my entire two bedroom apartment with free, terrific looking furniture. Because of the job that I do, people want to throw things out and I do rubbish removal as well, and and all of a sudden they'll get there and they'll say, oh, look, you know, I just want the couch. Go one be and I'll go that couch. You want that couch? God, what's wrong with that couch? Oh it's just a bit, I'll have that couch. And so over the course of it, because I think about four weeks and I first got into the unit, I managed to deck the whole yearit out. Apart from beds. I don't like to get second m beds, but.
Speaker 4: The rest of it, someone's pretty shagged bed So did your apartment have seven couches four fridges?
Speaker 8: Well that's right. Jackie got to the point where I actually, you know, like had a selection of characters where I knew where they were at different houses, and I just thought of this up there, which won do I want? One of the great stories was I went to a house at the move, a lounge for a lady and she was full of stuff and then he said, oh, bread, I've got to clear this out. Eventually, I said, what's the story with that fridge?
Speaker 7: Over there?
Speaker 8: Was a brand new fridge and she said, well that's she said, I've got to get rid of that too. She said, you're interested. I said I am. She goes, I said what do you want for it?
Speaker 6: I said?
Speaker 8: She said what do you want for it? And I said I'm not going to pay much and she goes, oh, And I said, I'll tell you what. You've got to pull the rubbish over there, hay bet, I take that rubbish away from you, and you give me that fiee.
Speaker 3: She said, deal, it's a lousy deal.
Speaker 4: It's a lousy deal find I'll take you bins out for a three brand new fridge basically bread.
Speaker 3: You went around ripping off pensioners. I'm calling a current affair on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're as dirty as your character was on Neighbors by Day.
Speaker 3: He was on Neighbors by Night. My nana got her fridge ripped off by this color.
Speaker 4: Oh that highly and then that is a hometelling the family that man on TV stole my fridge. Yeah, sure he did, Nana, Sure he did.
Speaker 3: He didn't want.
Speaker 4: That man off that count.
Speaker 8: Lamps and those side tables and that coming.
Speaker 3: Because he was selling a little I know, dodgy copies of Neighbors. Listen, Brad always enjoy getting on the show. Thanksgiving us a cool mate. You welcome many time.
Speaker 8: Thanks very much, guys, have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: I know some of you carpool because sometimes when we're doing phone ins or doing quizzers or whatever, sometimes we're chance across two of you in the car at the same time. I know a lot of people do that these days of work. Mate fellow trade's on the way to a site somewhere. He might be doing a school run the school and isn't back till next week, which in my house cannot come soon enough. They just run. They're just so bored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine needs to get back into routine. I can't even start telling you about yesterday.
Speaker 3: Why what's up?
Speaker 5: She got the guitar out? Did you get that audio?
Speaker 4: I thought she quick guitar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 2: So frustrated and she's one to three and plugging the strings.
Speaker 5: But it just went on for about five hours.
Speaker 4: Is the time for the return of Audie segments?
Speaker 5: Is she trying to we're doing violin this year? Maybe we could do violin.
Speaker 3: That is rough. I would talk her out of that, honestly, just that that is a terrible noise here and then practice on that instrument. So yeah, if you are in the mornings while we listen to the show car pulling, there's two of you or three of you in the car. We're looking to start a thing on a Friday with you. So if that is you, please give me a call this morning right now, just to let us know. Are you round in the morning's car pulling nine four one four one o four three. We're looking to try something out tomorrow morning, and I'll be honest we need a couple of guinea pigs. We love this idea. We don't know if it's going to work, but we just need a couple of fresh guinea pigs for tomorrow. So do you want to be our human guinea pigs tomorrow? You just need to be car pulling prizes. I haven't forgot that that bit.
Speaker 4: There will be something at least.
Speaker 3: Well, the prize is the studio, your very.
Speaker 4: Own radio desk.
Speaker 3: No, I don't tell you what. We will give you some Melbourne s when's North Melbourne. You can win two hundred dollars to spend at the South Melbourne Nightmark. There you go. That's right. So if you can't palling tomorrow morning, give us a call nine four one four one oh four three. Earlier, we were about twenty minutes ago, were playing Spin Doctors and I found it was out in nineteen ninety three and Jack was remembering how you saw them on Sesame Street.
Speaker 4: From memory. They re re recorded the song two Princes to have a Sesame straight vibe and Elmo sang with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we've we've dug it out. Have I listened to this from nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 16: Where you realise man, your pretagious game.
Speaker 3: Now since then you've learned to beam paties.
Speaker 14: Yeah, urintin now three boots boobler laboration be the fun. Now that's you, you three you big ovations.
Speaker 3: And what you've done now, Yes, how old you have been? Ninety three.
Speaker 4: Five and I've put such a smile on my face.
Speaker 3: Now first time this morning. Shame that we had some good gear today, But I've played a little bit of sesame straight.
Speaker 4: To you every day, Jack, I remember now it was about cooperation and sharing. And it's still because I learned that lesson at such an early ages why I can work so well on a team to this day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, nothing cooperates more than Jack. Good for Jack, It's good for Jack.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast moving into making our own beer that's gonna be available in the middle of February. Yesterday, you help has come up with the name Heroes Gold. This is a bushfire fundraising beer called Heroes Gold for all the everyday unsung heroes have been doing their bit, from the fieries to the paramedics, to all the people that we've been speaking to, the bushfire heroes that we don't even know their names of So that's why we're doing this. And obviously we have no business making and producing and selling our own beer. And Hawkers are the people that we rang last week to ask could they help us out, and they have they're making it next week.
Speaker 4: Which is great, much preferred to us doing a home brew kiss and trying to do it under your stay as you.
Speaker 3: Were brewing it under our desk here, you know, bubbling during the show some kind of meth lab. So the beer is out in the middle of February. But earlier this morning, we'll were looking for radio jingle. So one thing that someone texted in Steve the trade said what about stubby holders? You need stubby holders, And we hadn't even thought about this. We're obviously so excited and kind of like swept away by how much enthusiasm everyone's shown for the beer. So yeah, Michael's on the line. He might going to help us out with the stubby holders. Michael, good morning, yoh Chris, and here you go.
Speaker 10: Mart.
Speaker 3: Well listen, we're good, but we're a little bit out of our debts, so hopefully you can help us out here. So you've probably heard we're making this beer called Heroes gold.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, I heard that this morning and decided my production manager and we just thought we want to get behind and help you out where we can. So yeah, we we said we're happy to donate the first hundred and get involved in making sure that you're making money that you know, there's not someone out there ripping you off in here they do it. So we actually make stubby holders. That's a key product that we make. We probably do four hundred thousand stubby holders a year, pretty big company. We do the AFL Grand Final, we are involved with that program, the premiership program.
Speaker 3: Nowhere more bortant to have a nice gold bear than at the MCG for the Grand Final. That's amazing. You do those, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 7: The after the grand Final when it's over. We're doing the premiership ones like the last year Richmond won the premiership obviously, and we work all night and that's the way it goes. So but yeah, we deal with a lot of promotional companies and get involved with concerts and things like that as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well this is awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for offering to help us out and give us the first one hundred. So give us an as we're coming up with designs at the moment. That's the stage. K with a beer. Have you got any advice any colors that always look good on stubby holders and cans and bears.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I could get my graphic artist to speak to someone and we could help you out there as well, if you want. I'm sure there's someone there. But yeah, I mean blacks normally the most popular based color. But you want to do some imagery, I mean sublimation printing. You can do whatever you want, put as much text as you want or.
Speaker 3: Get I understand beers, I understand stubby holder. You start too much sublimation. I thought that was like something with facial reconstruction.
Speaker 7: Sorry, it's a print process, right.
Speaker 3: What does it do? What does it do? Michael? Sublimational printing.
Speaker 7: I can't believe of the interviewed like this and anyway someone making pretty. It's like an ink process that you print on all different types of products. So we do stubby holders and coffee marks, the clothing out there, so all the all the footy gat guernseys, now the football clubs were there, the sublimation printed.
Speaker 3: So it's what you know, what I'm going to start impressing everyone down the pub this weekend. Yeah, Essendon Tubby got on Sublimational printed days.
Speaker 4: All the teams doing.
Speaker 3: Michael, this is great. So what's the name of your company so we can give you some thanks.
Speaker 7: It's a center. We're too holders, but I don't want any promotion. I mean, we're here to help, so I just want to donate. I'm really you know, I mean, like most Victorians, we're shaded by what's happened with the bush fire appeal and especially all the animals that have passed and the damage to people's lives, lives have been lost, has burned. Just we want to get involved.
Speaker 3: In help pleasure. Well, thank you very much your team as well, who heard about this and got you to give us a called. I really really appreciate it as well. Thank you everyone. That's brilliant. Mike, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll look forward to hearing from you.
Speaker 9: You will, all right, Thanks, We have a good day by the Christian O'Connell breakfast show.
Speaker 3: Well, a lovely little short drive today for Jackie Boyce. He said, look on Google Maps is off to a wedding today to point Lonsdowe two hours.
Speaker 4: How do we all feel about a Thursday wedding.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean back, it's expensive having a wedding, yes, and you know what if you're to save a few bucks. You don't work in radio, not a big shot with Hamish Andy along with.
Speaker 4: Viole Well I got. I got married on a Monday.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. No matter how I feel about a Thursday wedding, it's nothing compared to how angry I be about a Monday wedding you got. Of course, you got married on a Monday. Who on earth gets married on a Monday? It has been posts.
Speaker 4: It was between that time of Christmas and New Years, so most people are off. And you don't you think then a Monday is acceptable?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, Well already get Mondays. The song says it, I don't like Mondays, worst day of the week. Mondays. You got married on a Monday. You're moaning about Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I can't talk.
Speaker 3: Also, these people whose wedding is do they listen to the shot?
Speaker 4: Well, they'll be busy today, don't they make?
Speaker 3: Once? Tears running down the face? Sat there, Let's listen to Jack's coming. I love the old friendly Jack. Let me feel about Thursday.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Depending on Tom but.
Speaker 3: Me, you know when they go. Where has anyone got an impediment about this objection?
Speaker 4: Why these two shouldn't be married?
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Thursday a breakfast show? It's all about me anyway, enjoy the wedding. We get ready for very tired Jack Tomorrow. Okay, title today's show is I forgot what was gonna go? Oh, I've got it now. Every A side needs a strong B side. Have a great day today. We speak to tomorrow morning on the show The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast