Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything Good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. You might have noticed I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for, and the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there are first alert early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before when Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also, every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Ciders to oh four seven five three one oh four three. I look forward to seeing you in there. And now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show, The Chemists Warehouse. Listen to your sport this morning, Alex. It is clear this is a man dealing with a cold. It's like we had microphones in your sinus. That's right up, devil. Good morning.
Speaker 4: I fear it's going to get worse. No, I'm coming down hard. I'm meeting it head on. I've got my drugs, I've got my tablets. I'm going to be You've got your drugs. And when talking about sign this problem, you need to clear that up. We can't have any more rumors around you, Alex. You can't keep being bounced around networks. Run out of networks. Soon you be on ten this time next year.
Speaker 5: I've got the couldron, I've got the old school Couldraal is the one you ask over the counter for you know there's ones.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, nice morning, Patsy, Hey boys, Good morning Rio, Good morning. Now, Rio, I found out before the show is entered into a lookalike competition. That's correct, This is Rio has a very unique way of running his life. You mean, well, just like there's no one else I know that will be entered into a look alike competition this weekend. I actually don't think I'm aware that as I'm saying it, I don't think in Australia right now. So we're live in five cities, okay, all the five cities of Australia. I don't think we've got one listener who would call in across today's show and go No, actually, Rio isn't the only one, the only adult that's entering a lookerlike competition.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm entering a heated rivalry, which is the new big show at the moment. It is very steamy. It's a gay show, but everyone's been loving it.
Speaker 1: It's huge, huge, huge, huge.
Speaker 6: And there's a nightclub near me who's hosting a lookalike competition where you and it's sold out the whole the whole nightclub is sold out for the event where you go up on stage and sort of.
Speaker 7: I don't actually know what happens in this part.
Speaker 1: You check. You've already built it as a steamy show for gays, so look alike, they're going to lean into the steamy gates.
Speaker 7: Why could be a steamy gay if required for fifty rises a crisp fifty.
Speaker 1: So you're looking like one of the two main characters.
Speaker 6: Yes, so I think I look like Shane Hollander. Yeah, mostly because he's half Asian. I'm half Asian. I think that's enough. He is like twenty two. I'm thirty three. So I don't know if it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I think you can put it off. Actually get hockey stick.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, it is a hockey show. Makes sense. But yeah, I don't know. I get up on I don't know what what happens when you get up on stage, but it will be.
Speaker 1: I've seen the show. There's one big memorable scene, you know what I mean. And you've got to shower up there on stage.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, but I don't know how bubble but I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't say it.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: He's got a cold. Alex Is on drugs, he says. He says they're over the counter. I think they're behind the counter.
Speaker 7: You don't think I'm buff enough. No, it's not the buffers.
Speaker 1: You're very I don't see. I always thought Rio had no weak spots. We all have them, and as you get older, you're mainly weak spots the way. Then he couldn't even laugh. He went, what do you mean I'm not buff? Back in the gym, his generation had got body dysmorphia, he'd been doing a crunches during the show. Now a career team, but cup.
Speaker 7: But I'll be up in front of a whole pack nightclub doing whatever is required.
Speaker 1: I'm so impressed that you're doing this, this is and you're taking some of the producers along to film it.
Speaker 6: Yes, work environment. They're coming as friends then in a non professional capacity. But Bree, one of our producers, actually signed me up for it. I was very reluctant to do it. And now I've really come around, and we've got like a.
Speaker 1: Little creature friends out that you're a steamy gay for something. I mean, more of your people there.
Speaker 7: I'll have my little gal posse.
Speaker 1: He I wonder what you're going to say. I guess when you get nervous up there, it can shrink a bit.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get your phones out right now when it's safe and look at the most recent text message you received. Mine is actually from my wife yesterday. When you're in a long term relationship, most of you communication is so mondane. It's just basically data transferred to one human to another, isn't it. Admin It actually more like your business partners running sadly and not for profit business called being a parent. One of most recent message I got my wife yesterday at eleven am was please find the cat when you get back. Otherwise my wife just took off for the day and couldn't find the cat. And so that's that's my job, you know, in the morning breakfast radio to other day cat wrangler. It took me ages to find this big ass cat of ours, Larry. He's a very big cat. He's from Prussia. Oh that's what his cat passport Saidsia, did you claim over from? Well, he's obviously traveled a lot because we actually got him. He's a boken cat. It's a long way from Prussia. But his catort says he is he has Prussian and blood in him. He's I think he's probably like eighteenth in line to the throne there pink BILLELM. Yes, that's what we call him bill M. That's why he doesn't respond to Larry. That's probably why we're losing him so much. Anyway, I had to conduct a cat search through the house and he'd actually somehow got into a drawer. My wife had closed the drawer. Larry was not screaming to get out open the drawer. He sort of his eyes you know when they found Sadam his name, that's spidery old and he really didn't want to get out there. He actually sort of coaxed out, well dragged out. That was Larry. Yesterday He's like, God, damn waking me up at midday. My Prussian blood, this is when we sleep. So anyway, the most recent text message from my wife is please find the cat when you get back. So I wanted to imagine now the most recent text you know that's right at the top of your phone. You're inbox there, that now is going to be on your tombstone forever when people come to pay their regards. Mine would just say find the cat. Larry. Everyone thinking, oh, maybe he's gone to the side to find that.
Speaker 7: Are we all trying to find Like we're.
Speaker 1: Trying to find Larry. It's our new big game. We're playing on gold for the next six weeks. Find Larry, win the cash. What's on yours? Star? Ask?
Speaker 7: No, this is actually pathetic, will send me.
Speaker 1: It's not about those bloody figs, is it?
Speaker 7: It's not about those figs? My partner will send me your text that is so huge.
Speaker 6: I'm proud of you because I, for the first time I ever figured out how to inflate my tires on my car at the petrol station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a lame clap.
Speaker 2: Lo.
Speaker 7: I feel like a sixteen year old.
Speaker 1: Where were you shoving? That nozzle goes in one place?
Speaker 7: I've just never done it before. I've always been too intimidated by the process, so I just had never inflated my tires. And yeah, now today, yes, you know how to use it.
Speaker 1: Don't you want to keep doing it?
Speaker 7: I want to do it everything.
Speaker 1: It's never been easy now because you pre set it for the p S. I yeah, the PS. What's happened to the show? Guys? Just because K and J aren't on it? Doesn't mean we need to become K and J.
Speaker 7: Thirty three p s I on the front, thirty two on the real.
Speaker 1: And you know this live pack. Every single car, no matter if it's a h your own car always has it displayed on the under side of the car door, the driver door.
Speaker 3: Real.
Speaker 1: Yep. It will save you when you have high cars and you're trying to work out what that PSI is and you're get all the suitcases in the back. You can see it there quite easily.
Speaker 6: It still wasn't quite that they have it in some other thing that's not PSI, so I.
Speaker 1: Still have Yeah, is it ki?
Speaker 7: It's something like that and they have to what.
Speaker 1: Is this a band? Ks I?
Speaker 7: I think it's a streamer, it's.
Speaker 1: A Twitter maybe. I think it's a gamer. I don't think he's on all cars. Is he all right? Patsy? What's the most recent text message on your phone? You've obviously had a big night last night.
Speaker 8: I was out and that's when I got the text.
Speaker 1: Rio came in and then ducked behind a pillar where you can't see him and goes You've seen Pantsy's hair. She's obviously had a big nightn't brushed it?
Speaker 6: Yet it's more, much more elevator.
Speaker 1: Behave.
Speaker 8: No, the Langham Ladies were out last night. We had a beautiful dinner for.
Speaker 1: If you don't know about the Langham Ladies, it's their female bikis.
Speaker 7: We're a sect.
Speaker 8: No, we had a lovely dinner. It came at eight twenty, just before dessert came to my table and it was from the love God. Who else do you think you could uber me a bisco Storm? I love you seriously, Chris, what's.
Speaker 7: A biscus story?
Speaker 1: I think it's the Melbourne Storm new sponsors. Nothing tougher Besco Storm.
Speaker 8: They're like soft served with biscoff and topping. He must have had the munchies at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: See you're having a night out. Chris is having them whatever he wants, but he has to ask mommy to get into Uber. No, you know husband allowed to have his own uber.
Speaker 8: It doesn't know. He is so backward with apps. I keep saying to him, it's.
Speaker 1: Not knowing how to do your tires on a car. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: I said to him, you need to download the app. It's not I'm not the gatekeeper of uber eats. Do it yourself. You're old enough to do it yourself.
Speaker 1: Old enough your fifties, bisco jee on a Wednesday night. That is living. I'm jealous, actually, Alex also on yours? Is this stuff for that sinus of yours? No?
Speaker 5: This is peak marriage bliss. Hey, can you put dishwasher on? I might not make it back down?
Speaker 1: Of messages about that dishwasher up? Can you empty? Have you reloaded it? He's blinking f seventeen again. Yeah, this is after wrestling our children to bed last night. I can't make it back down. You deal with it. I'm going to bed all right. Then have a look on your phone. What is the most recent text message? Imagine now that that is permanently on your tombstone.
Speaker 3: Christian Color Show podcast, What is.
Speaker 1: The most recent text message on your phone? Send it to us that is now permanently your tombstone. What is it saying? Christian received this my son yesterday. If the world doesn't descend into madness, Well you understand where that's coming from.
Speaker 7: I mean he's fair enough.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, even when my daughters of the day actually said, Dad, is everything going to be okay? And I was thinking about parents who've got younger kids. My two daughters at university in nineteen and twenty one, and obviously that everyone, all kids now aware of what's going on in the news right now and what's going in the world, and I had to remind them that actually it is a lot right now. However, we are in Australia and it is called the lucky country for a reason. And also if you look back in history, there's never been a time where there's not being some kind of chaos somewhere in the world. We are born in chaotic times. This is the nature Christian. My last text message the fairy says you are welcome. No idea what's going on between Michael and whoever that came from. It's not our business to judge. Actually, good morning mail in Sydney. Apparently it's in your car with the eye roll emoji. Nothing more damning than that I roll emoji. Tips to my son at five am. E oh no, is she okay? That's som Jeanette, who's a new listener to the show. Welcome Jeannette, thank you very much for giving us a go. Can you turn on location please? That was from my teenage daughter Tracy. Someone else on Live three sixty I call parents Christian from my wife yesterday while I was at work. We're doing rissoles for dinner, say tree, but you got spam tonight, lunch and meats. Can you get to right bananas as well? I know what that is. That's the dreaded top up to the shopping list.
Speaker 7: I thought it was some sort of code.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, not in a long marriage. No, it's not that those days are long gone. But the code is code supermarket code. I dread that one where there's the shopping list. You've got so much stuff to get there's and if I think of anything else, I text you when you're there and I'm like, I don't know. This is the window shuts. Now you have to sign something no extras. And then she'll go, oh, if you haven't left yet, amount of times going oh, I'm already leaving. And then because we all have to have locations sharing on now I can see you're still there. Oh the satellite and I've worried elon musk everything that's gone on in the world before it descends into madness.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: My kem into our House Products of the Week. It's a big thing of the mind and everyone's talking about creatine. About twelve months ago, I started try and use it in the morning, anything that gives me an edge in the morning. I've tried from an addiction to tumoric for about two years, you name it. I've tried everything anything to give an extra edge in the morning and boost Doing this and creating is the number one thing I've done over the last twenty eight years. Are doing breakfast radio. That has made a real massive, if noticeable, trackable difference. Well, I even got producer Caitlin onto it late last year as well. Creatine. For years, bodybuilders and people who athletes have been taking it five grams a day, but they recently found out the last six months and I urged you look up creatine than the benefits. Don't just take my word for it, but it is widely available these days. But they found out the first five grams is always prioritized by the body for muscle and sell regrowth. Once you get over five grams, which is why I take ten grams Monday to Friday, it goes to it's absorbed by the brain for extra energy.
Speaker 7: I thought you've been a bit smarter than well, I did.
Speaker 1: Say smarter I said energy. There's nothing available at Chemistry health that could who's that iq reer that's just pretermin that's it Mitchell Genetics and red Wine. But yeah, creatine. The one I take is optimum nutrition. I take ten grams a day Monday to Friday, a bit more if I've got a long day. That has really made a big difference, genuinely in my life. It's an energy and couldative load. Just decisions come a lot easier and quick as well. In the last six months, I'm doing a lot with rot doing the show and also writing a book, and that has been able to sustain it way more than caffeine or anything like that. Wow. Yeah, it's really great. Cannot recommend creating enough, but look it up. Google it. You'll see a lot of peerback reviews talking about it, and it's been proven over years. It's a naturally occurring compound in your body. Anyway, Rhea, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: I'm loving breathewrite strips. You might have seen them on Instagram.
Speaker 6: They're these little adhesive strips that you PLoP over your nose.
Speaker 7: Alex.
Speaker 6: Actually, you could probably do with one because you've got a congested nose of the moment, please, they open up.
Speaker 7: It's amazing.
Speaker 6: They sort of pull your nostrils up and suddenly there's so much more airflow into your nose.
Speaker 7: And when you've got a cold.
Speaker 6: It's a lifesaver because you don't get a stuffy nose and you can actually get to sleep. Or if you just have like my partner has like a little funny shaped nose, it's really helpful to get to sleep and stop snoring because it opens up your nostrils a bit more than they normally would.
Speaker 1: Also, those are our products of the week. It came into where so that a look at your emails now late to the party, late late to the parties to home of all your emails, you could send me an email Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au. Jenny, I was listening to the Little Fish podcast, very funny podcast that it's like a spin off from Qi I'm Huge, and they were talking about nominative determinism. When we talking about on this show. I loved the nominative determinism, the theory that your name can influence your choice of Joe Christian, the former CEO Our Food for the Poor, was a man called Robin mafood. Also another one about her nominative determinis and Christian are right? My daughter does ballroom dancing. The teacher's name missus Waltz, Oh lovely name, Christian. I how ad you talking about com into contact with your first of a Huntsman spider? Last week on the show, Friends of Mine were ten pound palms and when they were finally given a residency here, they were walking through the house in wonder of what they've been given compared to what they were living in England. They get to the kitchen there's a massive spider and all the dad laughed and said he's their characters. Someone left a funny prank here. He went to touch the spider. Thold, dude, it's plastic in a prank and it moved. I don't know who's screamed more, the dad, the mum, the sister, but they all ran out onto the street screaming. I was their you next door neighbor. I came out to check what was going on. I went inside, grabbed the spider and throat in the garden. It's a moment for all you poms, it is. It's a moment of initiation. Subject heading for this email from Nick rainbow physics. We're trying to work out rainbows the other day on the show, after I overheard a dad trying to explain to his son why he could see a rainbow on the floor of the ocean on the sand. Christian, you and Patsy were kind of spot on with your understanding of rainbow physics. Long story short is that light of different colors have different frequencies. Oh wow, I did not know that red being the lowest frequency, violet being the highest frequency, and that each of these colors will refract. It's the word of the week, a different angle through a prism or rain droplets as in the atmosphere. I don't know what I'm telling this, Christian, Well, I thought I needed to pass it on. That's from Nick and this is from a new listener called Lauren. Welcome Lauren Christian. I like to make a formal complaint about your two recent segments. I'm new to the show. Words you can't pronounce and there are two kinds of people in the world. I now find myself because of what you said turning around in the shower to face the water. As you said, only weird people knock out Rio's to him the shower stairings. You're not in a nineties video face the water shower like a human.
Speaker 7: Too much pressure on the face. You're steering straight into a gushing mortemon.
Speaker 1: No one shower power is that strong. It's pretty gutless. No one isn't coming into work because they showered their face off, Christian, I now find myself turning and in the shower face and the water which has got me also have been an interruption to my ritual. I also found myself calling it cut tell ree like Patsy. The show has permanently affected my ability to operate society. I'm just one embarrassing cut lerry away from news of my job. All, my nearest and dearest to the producers in yourself, consider the impact of your actions before putting this kind of material on air. First, and the worst of all, though, when I was listening to discussion on wiping whilst sitting versus wiping while standing, I mot you Christian from my car, who would wipe while standing? What an oddball? I need to find myself giving it a go the next day. No, No, I get it. I hope this note provides you the kind of insight you need to better understand the serious impact you're having on listeners. Thank you for doing what you do. Lauren, Welcome to the show. Email me your emails about anything. We call it late to the party. Nothing we ever talk about on the show has ever left behind. You can pick it up whenever you want. Christianconnell dot com.
Speaker 3: Today you are Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: All Right, small thing, big joy, small thing, big joy. This is the yin to the yang of small thing, big rage. We do on a Tuesday or a Thursday, small thing, big joy or small thing gives you big joined. Nina emptying the shampoo and conditioner at exactly the same time.
Speaker 7: It's impossible day.
Speaker 1: Santo having a stacked fridge and freezer after the weekly shop, Gray and my too many dashuns as they greet me like I've been away for a week. Nothing better than the dogs with the zoomis and the cats when you put money in a vending machines for chocolate bar and two fall out. All Right, small thing, big joy for me is I love reading books. But whenever you start a new book, half of you is already out of the relationship. You know, I don't know looking for a way I don't know the way this person writes, and you have to stay with it. You have to stay the course. You have to stay the course, and then there's a moment the book cracks. Yes, that's why I'm right now with this book. I kept turning it and turning it and turning it because I had so many reviews. If we were saying it was their book of the year last year, and I think, and I don't know, maybe I'm stupid. And then midway through the third chapter, I'm all in now and it is so good. I'll be raving about it in double thumbs up tomorrow. I've almost finished it. It's prittiant. But it was about the third chapter point it cracks.
Speaker 6: I know that feeling, because you feel like you've done the hard work and questioned it.
Speaker 7: You're like, there's got to be something.
Speaker 6: I had that with a big called a book called Pyreneesi that I was reading recently, and I was almost about to throw it out, done with it, and.
Speaker 7: Then something happens wearing it. Now you know you've got to rest the book. That's going to be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great feeling, Patsy, what's it for you? A small thing, big joint?
Speaker 8: Not so much for me, but for my teenager yesterday who was meant to sit in nine naplan and because of the computer glitch, you have to do it.
Speaker 1: That's one of the great joys of adulting, is something being canceled.
Speaker 7: Yes, she's like, mom, how was your day? The best?
Speaker 8: I didn't have to do Netlin. But what she doesn't know is she still will have to do Netlin only later.
Speaker 7: But that was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Kick it down the nane. That's what we do in life. Worry about it another day. Just keep kicking it until you can't kick it no more. That's adulting. One on one.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, we're.
Speaker 1: Doing Small Thing, Big Joy right now, Christian. Small Thing, Big Joy is our cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Billy. Now, just recently, when you can send the show a text mess, you can attach the photo now, so they've sent me a photo Billy that is an angry looking King Charles Spaniel. He is filthy. I think it's not one of his phototagging. But you know, when someone sends your photo of something at home, you always have a little look around the photo is and what they think it is. I'm seeing two massive recliner chairs. Oh the people have got they look like it's come out of first class and a plane. They are huge, red red leather in an individual individuals. Yes, yeah, yeah, entirely up that floor. Madam. I don't know whether this is somebody small thing, big joy, but someone's just sent me this message, Pamela Fraser. It might be their small thing, big joy Slam. That could be a small, petite lady that gives a lot of joy. True, she needs a little bit more about why you're sending me the name, Pamela Fraser, to watch out for Christian, small thing, big Joy. Well, my dog Cheddar listens to me over my husband. He takes her outside to relieve herself, tells her to go to the toilet. She just sits on the grass. I come out and tell her to get to go. She goes. The frustration out of it makes me laugh so hard. That's from Luisa listening down to showing you in Sydney. Welcome Luisa jagging the last casper at the train station in the morning. Christian, Oh smug life. Yeah, it's the best christ As small thing big joined the beginning of the song dancing in the ceiling. I presume you mean dancing on the ceiling. Maybe there's a time waste in change your word ruin a song. Dancing in the ceiling is a horror song. Wait, they're in the ceiling. Dancing on the ceiling is a scene, the vibe, the possums. But in the ceiling it's spooky, it's scary. There's a scream. I always laugh trying to figure out if that is Lionel Richie or Homer Simpson. It's a permanent riddle. All right, well let's get into it now. So this is the bit you're talking about in dancing on the ceiling. Now it does sound like Homer. You know where the Homer screams he's got that shardest high.
Speaker 7: Pitched screen is turning on the.
Speaker 1: Also when he's going through you remember he had that Japanese what's that deadly fish? And usual moissms. You've gone through the five stages of death in like one minute going through it. I mean, all right, I made that song byably a thousand times is Linel. But now in close inspection, I think it's Homer. Wow, this is a Homer screen. It's exactly the same. I'm back in context. I'm sorry, but that from now on. This is a great Mishard lyric. Who knew Miss Simpson, Thank you for sharing that. That's journey cheering up. In fact, I'm going to change now what song we're going to go to next. We're going to go to that so we can hear it again. And also I think there is a time where in change your word ruin a song. Dancing in the scening is a different thing. Christian small Thing, Big joy having gastro but losing three kilos. Oh yes, that's a lot. Yeah, that's a hell of a lot.
Speaker 3: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian small Thing, Big joy for me starting the car turning on Golden Hills show and hearing No Mercy? I love that song. What can't please anyone in this job? They're in the ceiling dancing in the scening? How could you sleep at night thinking they're in the scening? Speaking the kid that used to have that landing light on quite quite late into my ears still now, I used to convince that the light switch was a face and the you know, the you're off thing was a nose. That's cute. Okay twenty one, All right, let's talk about growing up in the nineties, coming up till the next half from now? Then? Did you grow up in the nineties? Great Decade the nineties? Tell us about growing up in the nineties. In one line, Christian growing up in the nineties meant, if you hurt yourself or you cut yourself, you would not tell your parents because you'd get into trouble. You know, I have to go out. You ever injured yourself somehow, is your fault for being stupid? You'd be told off, grounded in case you broke a bone. Listening out for my dad's very loud and distinctive whistle at a friend's place four doors down, a sign it was time and to come home for my dinner from video shops who were king any day during the school holidays. Thrown outside at nine am do or a lot behind my brother and I told not to come back until one pm for lunch. Growing up in the nineties, running away from a home ownly just going down the road and Christian mixtapes. All right, what have you got there? Share it with us? Growing up in the nineties in one line, you can call me thirteen fifty five twenty two, and you can also tell it's the show four seventy five three one oh four three. Grown Up in the nineties in one line.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Growing Up in the Nineties to talk about growing up in the nineties. Grown Up in the nineties, tell us about it. In one line, still getting a few coming in for a small thing, big joy, Christian opening a new block of Cabrey chocolate, taking a big sniff for eating it. I can't delay thatification. I would not be to wait. Christians that Homo Sympson this noise or is it Patsy's throat noise? I don't know what you're talking about. We don't play that anymore. It's been deleted.
Speaker 7: Oh has it?
Speaker 1: Oh like you don't know? Get out of it? Yeah, yeah, come on, we know, we know, Marinette here, we know, we know. Christian grown up in the nineties, Morning's watching Rage. Yes, yeah, growing up in the nineties for me, and when the streetlights turn on, you go home. That comes from Jazz grew up the nineties to me. Christian watching Jerry Springer on six days, Yeah, gotcha so much. There are certain TV shows you only got to watch on six days. Yeah. In fact, I might launch my own TV channel six Day's TV, Jerry spring Up, Maury Colombo, Colombo for me watching episodes of COLUMBI.
Speaker 7: Really steady cook?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah. I appeared on the celebrity episode of that. It's so stressful. I gave up cooking. Really, that's often because you're paired with an actual chef. Yeah okay, and so I realized quickly it's an Aussie guy as well. I just let him do the cooking. I did the bantering with Ainsley, who was a delight Christian. One word growing up in the nineties neglect. How many who screw up as latch key kids? Yes, me because parents who were at work during the day. I didn't feel neglect. I felt like I was the king of the house. I was the eldest in my family. So it's my job to have that house key. When you were given, when you were given for the first moment in your life, the house key, it was a big moment. It's like you being ninetied by the key on the head and shoulders and cross. Yes, last key kids, Christian and all I could think about when I heard line of Richie's dancing on Scening is homers now in the video In my mind holding spider Pig and Spider Pig is dancing on the ceiling. Better video form growing up in the nineties was waking up in the morning to watch Agro's.
Speaker 7: Cartoon connection r Jamie Dunn that year.
Speaker 1: I meant to say this year because many years ago on the show, when we're doing Who's Calling Christian, Jamie called in with Agro and it was incredible. In fact, we should dig it out actually this week and play it again. And he was genuinely edgy and very very funny, really really funny. Yeah, real loss that and also Christian when the home TV used to be about thirty centimeters, Yeah, yes. When I watched the David Beckham, The Brilliant David Beckham documentary on Netflix, and they're showing back to all the in his heyday playing for England, and they're showing the footage of you know, pubs in the nineties in the UK and in London. It's when all the TVs in pubs were tiny. Gim they weren't up in the corner and they were only like they were about thirty centimeters. People squinting at TVs. Christian grown up in the nineties watching the best cartoons ever loony tunes. That's from Natalie Christian growing up in the nineties. The kettle cord.
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 1: Used to be a really thick kettle card. It's thinner these days, Patsy, what's it for you had grown up in the nineties, I'd have.
Speaker 8: To say probably brown paper lunch bag. I remember to be able to have a lunch shorter at school was once a week if you were really lucky for your highlight and Mum would have brown paper bags and she'd write on it and put the exact money in there, be like one pie, one juice.
Speaker 1: It's a real status system where you knew where your family were against other families. I'd even have that, pats. My sandwiches were put inside of the old bag that the bread came in.
Speaker 8: Oh, well, recycling it.
Speaker 1: That was not recycling. It was cheap ass parents, rather than buying a new one that stays with you for a long time. Still apart me feeling that so I'm nervous about sandwich club tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Traumans.
Speaker 1: Oh no, poor old Christians here, guys, Alex, what's it if you grown up in the nineties. When you're on the phone, you can't hear because that's sinus voice of yours today. The sports needn't getting more wrong. Congestion, isn't it. I'm struggling here, but I'm getting through it. Okay, Well down, what a hero? When you when a hero comes alone?
Speaker 5: When you listen to that, you hear that click when you're on the phone, and when your siblings get jumps on the second phone the worst and listens in.
Speaker 1: There is normally mum or dad monitoring especially. It was like a boyfriend or a girlfriend, make you show want any illicit rendezvous? Yes, yes, I can hear you. I'm so embarrassed. I used to do it just to annoy my younger sister. I did it, just do it. There's no reason. I wasn't interested in their comments. They just to annoy her. Oh you the nineties, young listeners, it was better than TikTok.
Speaker 3: Are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Growing up in the nineties, what was it like? In one line, what about calling your parents that's their office to get hold of them, Yeah, texting them now.
Speaker 7: Or the fake call that you do so they don't get charged so you get from the.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you very much. That go up in the nineties A packet. The chips costs a dollar. Jared Christian, the youngest sibling always had to get off the care out to change the TV each other. They were the remote. You're quite right, they were the remote growing up in the nineties. Put unto Jonathan who wooden spoon. Of course your backside. When are you in trouble? Keep it light, JD. Keep it light, mate. We don't talk about that stuff. Casual brutality, Christian. When I missed in the nineties, where have all the swans gone?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: This guy just said he thinks there's been there. The swans have all disappeared. They disappeared from the streets, he said to me. I was I wasn't living here in the nineties to refair. I don't know if you were over run with the swan infestation that US ten pound palms must have brought over with us the swans.
Speaker 7: I'm not familiar with the disappearance of the Swan's conspiracy.
Speaker 1: You now I know about the EMU warm Was there also some kind of swan walk? Were they exiled? Where are the swans? Christian? Burning your finger touching the car cigarette lighter add a pure idiotic curiosity anymore. You're right. Yeah, the McDonald's birthday party in the ice cream cake. Yes, that was a really big deal then, wasn't it. Yeah, Oh snazzy Christian going up a nineties sneaking into clubs with fake ID or using your older sister's births. How lax they were as wells Dorman did not care as long as you weren't fugly you could get growing up in the nineties that you know it is true as well. Seriously, they would turn people wrong. They used to turn people away. McDonald's had the o G playgrounds, Yes, Neil, the unbearable weight for the sing song of the Internet to connect the home internet if it connected at all. Christian growing up in the nineties. Metallica versus Napster, Yes, yeah yeah, been put in prison by Metallica. You're trying to listen to their music illegally on your hard drive at home, growing nineties, swinging off the hills hoist with your brothers to swing in a round and round, great afternoon, entire afternoon, Christian. I remember riding my bike to the Pimball Pard on the weekend to spending your pocket money. And they're also where I lived there was a group of old Italian guys playing cards in the corner. That's some James Christian. No caller IDs, crank phone calls. Do you remember those? You're right, Oh, you'd have so much fun during the summer holidays. The ideal day before you went out on your bikes, just cycling around was at least a solid hour or two every day, Christian. I'm gonna say it now, not as much fun as growing up in the eighties. Oh well, let's get into this tomorrow. Okay, let's get in This is tomorrow Andy.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian Grown Up in the nineties. There was inflation, but no shrink flation. A red frog was still the same size as the eighties ten frogs fifty five cents. Yep, thank you very much for that. All right, it's time for this week's the name game, as in, oh one of you wants to know Christian. I was listening to the show early this morning before seven. I need your brain drug. I can't remember what it's called. This is why you need it. Ketim In keeps coming to mind, but I'm sure it's not that. No, I'm not in. It's creating, creating and you clearly need it. With the foggy head you're on it. Take ten grams during the week it's got creating ket him in will be a very different experience for you, and a hell of it. If it one for me, horsepackualizer, be very slowed down anti performance drug.
Speaker 2: Do you have a name that's a pain, a name you always need to explain? Well, we've made my name as in game.
Speaker 1: Live from the K Hole. All right, let's do it. It's the Name game, as in we play this every week. If you've got a name that's a bit of a pain, you tell us the clue that you always give to people trying to help them on the phone work out what your name is. We hear the clue, we try and work back because trying and guess what your name is. That's why when you come on you or hear me go and call the one caller too, because we don't know your name. I'm trying to work it out. Like last week, caller one, Welcome to the Name Game.
Speaker 3: My name is in a character from the TV shows.
Speaker 7: That Crystal Blake, Alexis.
Speaker 1: Colby, Yes, Alexis, Let's get a caller two.
Speaker 6: I'm the greatest spots of all time.
Speaker 1: You guys got caller three. So my clue is baby farm animals Joey nolet no check. All right, Patsy, are you ready to play?
Speaker 7: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It was obviously a late night for you, Patsy, last Nimes to see our effects performance or boost sits cooking. Yes, someone is on the old.
Speaker 8: It's good, it's going well.
Speaker 1: It's going well. And how's old? NAIs Alex, I've got the good cultural all right, get a share it to Patsy. All right, okay, let's play the name game. Welcome caller one, Good morning, how are you? I said, how are you? Sorry? I'm gonna I thought that was the clue. Good on your on your sorry, I'm too fired out, too much, too much brain performance. It's my son's name, and it's as in Marvel Villain four, Dr Strange, no Xavier, no green Goblin. How much cultural you knock him back enough? Iron man Spidy, he wishes he's iron Man Strange.
Speaker 7: No son of yours have been villains. They're all your own villains.
Speaker 1: No Thor's are goodie.
Speaker 7: Her clue is Marvel Villain A.
Speaker 1: Key, yes, it's low key. Okay, No, wait awesome name for a kid. That's a great name. Thank you. But we chose it from the Norse gods, not from the villain. Oh see, that's tomorrow show we're doing on your favorite. We call it Norse Friday on the show. Hey, listen, thank you very much for carding in. Have a good day.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now quarter two, good morning, welcome to the show, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: My maiden name is in the rolling.
Speaker 1: Stones Keith, Mick, Jagger, Ronnie, Charlie, what, yes, you got it?
Speaker 2: Sorry, you got it?
Speaker 3: The second one Jagger, Christian. I have to spell it all the time.
Speaker 1: No, no, I got it in one big stones for well done, great day, and you thank you very much. It's rude when they rush us off, isn't it, you know, because we're just running on the clock till nine Filibuster Radio. It was this call of three, good morning, welcome to the show. Good welcome. That's your calling in.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The mia clue is it is the month for like the calendar month with an a a June September.
Speaker 3: The other way.
Speaker 1: Yes, I never got that.
Speaker 8: That's such a pretty yeah, it's name.
Speaker 3: She got it in India.
Speaker 1: It was mentioned she got in India. What a market school?
Speaker 3: I love that?
Speaker 1: How much is it ten?
Speaker 7: Maybe the little old ladies in the hospital thought I.
Speaker 1: Would be confused with Maya the department store, so she changed do you know what tomorrow the show? Why you called that? Let's do that? That is why you called that. That's great a Maya to save confusion with the department store like they were going to sue your parents.
Speaker 7: Spira Thon for FO David Jones.
Speaker 1: David Jones, Oh that's a great one. Thank you so much for calling and make us laugh. Have a good day, no worries.
Speaker 4: Have a dandy day.
Speaker 1: I will have a dandy day. That's an upgrade from a good day. All right, We do part two.
Speaker 3: Next Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's Show on Goals, Part two of the name game, as in, we have no idea what your name is? You come on air, We try and guess that. You give us a one line clue. If you have all known as names, that's a bit of a pain. We try and work backwards. I guess what your name is? Sports and News? Are we ready to play?
Speaker 7: Let's do it?
Speaker 1: God Spring, Why don't we just reford to them as sport news. Let's not sport news, sport news. I won't that way if any you know, going on extended leave. We're just bring in Sport three, Sport four, stuff like that. Yeah, sport Sport two point zero an upgrade? Who was that? Sport one? Host nine? Alrighty funny stuff discussed on the show A very safe. So I just said that the aliens have landed? Hello? Hello? Is that right? Hello? Can you hear my words? Who is this?
Speaker 3: Caroline?
Speaker 1: Got it? Is it? Caroline? Yes?
Speaker 7: I hope that's the game though, is it? Because the game is kissing this?
Speaker 1: It can't be there. What's your clue?
Speaker 7: There is a formula.
Speaker 1: One on one Caroline, No call tard.
Speaker 9: Oscar oscar Carlos, Nelson, George Toto, Lewis Schumacher, Wolf, no name, McLaren, Yes, sport the quadreal.
Speaker 1: It needs to be performing drug tested. Let's go to quarter to thank you, CA callter two, Good morning, welcome into the Name game. How a my name Adam Casa Julius. Yes you got it, mister radio, all right, thank you very much for coming in. That is an awesome name. Thank you. It was just made to call it like a hostage situation. It's the equivalent, the audio equivalent of a hostel video. You're the mom girl. Yeah, well done? What on Julius hell of a name? He roman era Julius. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You can contact the show about anything you want to like. This communication from Purple Huggy Zowie actual sign off. Christian is a fellow pen lover. I'm always looking for great new pen slash calligraphy equipment before I grab an extra consignment. Do you list love pens or are you a fellow calligrapher? Do you like a fine pen for normal writing or just markers? Do you like sets with varying nib wits? Now I have to be honest. Purple Huggles Zouie, I am a mega penner every day on the show. It's only a sharpie fine point. These are everywhere every day. Also pentaut liquid gellink one meal so slightly wider than normal. I love that. And then I do have a couple of Fountain pens. Lammy do great ones under fifty sixty dollars. They do really really good ones. And then treated myself last year on my birthday to Schaefer fountain pen. That is a thing of joy to use. It's it's like a nice kitchen knife. When they're they're weighted. Somehow they balanced. This fountain pen is also the one used by Churchill, not his actual one.
Speaker 7: So many similarities.
Speaker 1: There is a great, great man. I only worked for a couple of hours a day. Drag for the rest of it. Well in the morning, guys, that's right, it's not creating anyway. Today's mind you manner's day. Guys. Hey, hey, where you just watch the b's and q's, upha grams. We're looking for your polite movies today for the best in the show gold class group passing you in three mates, off to the cinema. A survey my Forbes has it riddled the politest and rudest countries to travel in? All right, let's go to the fun one. First of all, the rudest France Number one? Has it never not been? Number one? Been to France many times, beautiful country. They are proudly rude, proudly rude. I don't care. They know all the surveys, they don't care what is behind it though. Rudest countries?
Speaker 7: Germany?
Speaker 1: Is it number two? I never found Germans to be rude at all. No, what about the US number five? I would have thought that would be higher. Certainly, I'm traveling one at the moment. Argentina is a number four, and then this must be a typo. I will not read it out. What's the most polite countries? What's in the top five most polite count Zealand number three? Boring about being polite? Australia not in there.
Speaker 7: That doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's not rude.
Speaker 8: What about Sweden's interesting?
Speaker 1: Not in their islands are number five? Canada? Of course he's in a number three, Vietnam at number two. You traveled there and Japan? All right, So we're looking for your polite movies today the aw thanks for redemption. Not sure, oh, thanks for redemption. God's a bit more polite vampire movie job interview with a vampire. So you're applying for this post of crypts keeper helping miss Daisy? Nobody just driving the old girl round? How's she getting in and out of the car? What happens? Was she drop her off?
Speaker 7: Silver?
Speaker 1: Today? Men who don't stare at goats, it's actually rude to stare true. It the other way. Maybe you catch a bit of your side either goat side eye coats. That's different. Movie close encounters are the very kind. What hello there, little alien? Would you like a goat? And forget dude? Where's my car? It's a little bit that is no gratitude. I'm lucky to have a car. Gratitude. That's my car, lucky to have a car. Bronze, have some what have you got there? Rio my fair milady? Oh, very good tip of the as well, a little bit of theater happening on the radio from I'm guessing you were a member of the Drama club of course. Wow, tip of the malady. He took his gold plus.
Speaker 6: Jolly good father fellas.
Speaker 1: Oh he got a little bit. He was doing a victory late and he fell over on the vitued up. It's like the scenes at the the La Marathon the other day when that guy thought he had it won. Can we get the audio to play next? Let's go to var please, let's go yeah back on coming.
Speaker 7: Back in the game, please, e rider, Please.
Speaker 1: Can't get beyond what you did earlier.
Speaker 7: Bronze tainted it the fast and the courteous. Oh yes, you can find.
Speaker 1: Vin Diezel in a top hat. All right, what have you got them? Polite movies? Make a movie polite.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: The Time Waste Stir Today, we're looking for your polite movies. Four seventy five three one oh four three Rio the Drama Club, Captain will mark them. You came very close to dropping your first ever F bomb on the show right now with this place, I'd be a real careful any I hate to see it happen to a young kid like you know. Hey, Christian, remembering now, don't make it worse for real. Let's get back in that bin, Jack Post, alright, let's do it. It's National Minds, your piece and Tuesday. That's not polite, that's not my lite. That's not polite. Make a movie polite. Wizard of Sozz Jody who tested that one in morning? Jody is putting here brackets brackets, sorry to explain it to me. I don't know what sozz is. I just got off the boat from England. Please ask Mama to disembark from the train. Silver please. Academy not police Academy please, and Academy of Manners word and Andrew etiquette, Ralph not wreck it Ralph very good ratch, he's just ratching him up a bit, and he's Richard Chitty chitty hug Hugron creepy ass. Paul Christian not Goodfellas good thanks fellas. That This is how we do it, Apocalypse at your earliest convenience, Run Born. Here's a you. It's a friend at the door. You know what, don Kerry jar that's very good?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 1: And that is the only way you say you you don't go you you go throw mama a smiling away from the train.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I like that. It's like you leave your mama the play same moment, all right, young Obligenheimer Ross, I'm very good. The dark Knight doesn't rise. He praises. You've done so many different with your hair. That Wallace, this is a great one for Wallace and Grommett Wallace and hold my hair where eye vomit. It's polite and I should have been a girl Mark Polite Club. You know the first rule you don't talk about manners. Great. That is very good Melissa with polite Club. And they're trying to write it down their little nerd pad. You got there, mister Deadpoole and mister Wolverine Silvana, not the hurt looker, the to see locker, start your luggage when you've checked out the room. And you know David Fairest Buder's hat off.
Speaker 7: Brillion.
Speaker 1: That is so good. Wow, there's a phrase that kids today would not have any idea about what a hated doff is. We know how to spell it, but I thought, we know you doff that they don't do that anymore. We should, we should bring out the hat. Well in this country we are capped off.
Speaker 7: Your monster energy hat.
Speaker 1: Now. The the equipment of something doing that is just taking one of your Apple EarPods out. I saw some idyo do that the other day to chat to someone who's asking for money for his coffee order. Just took it out like it was a huge act of kindness. Oh thanks mate. Not the punisher, the polisher. In the nineties there used to be phone cards up in phone boxes for French polishing. And it was not fourth It was a phrase, but it was doing a nest of occasional pick all right, yeah, I get the code here, at least I think it was. I made that call. Uh the the sure thank you mission, silver you me and messy right, well done, dial m for manners, Silver open, Dora Oppenheimer op and door open. Have you don't mind if I spit on your grave?
Speaker 7: Silver?
Speaker 1: This is a brilliant one from Steve, not commando Commendolas. It's very good Steve Gilbert. Handshakes and a plane. Love to meet you, Love to meet you, Anthony, Well done, Zach and Mary make some fake jam for the neighbors. Well done. Good and the beautiful mind you piece and QS Ferris.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's got to be handed off genius.
Speaker 1: Well done. That's the best one today. We are back tomorrow. We see then. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell shar go on podcast hits a Chemist Warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day