Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Mixtory. How are you going this fine Wednesday?
Speaker 3: I'm good man, I'm good, great day, just had a second coffee. I'm feeling pumped.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, do you know what? You are lucky to be in my presence today? And I am not exaggerating that.
Speaker 4: I feel that every day.
Speaker 2: Bless you are.
Speaker 1: I am not exaggerating. I nearly or could have died last night in my sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you text me, Actually you text the pickup group chat and said I'm going to be in today, But I almost.
Speaker 1: Wasn't I this is crazy, right, So I actually took a sleeping tablet last night because I've been having trouble sleeping.
Speaker 2: But my house is so cold, not.
Speaker 1: Insulated, so I use a heater and I put it on for maybe like an hour at a time. I was asleep, and then at about two two thirty I was woken by the smell of I was so confused.
Speaker 2: I opened my eyes.
Speaker 1: Everything's pitched black, obviously, and I was like, oh my god, something is really wrong.
Speaker 2: Like my whole room was smoke and burning.
Speaker 1: And I sat bolt upright and I looked down at the PowerPoint right next to my bed.
Speaker 2: I can reach it from bed. That's how close it is.
Speaker 1: And there are sparks, flames like coming out of the PowerPoint next to my head.
Speaker 2: Smoke filled the room. Look at the that's the PowerPoint. It's all black like a burnt yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the plastics melted.
Speaker 2: It's the plug, like it has all melted. There were proper.
Speaker 4: Flames like a bun heater.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's the socket. I think the soccer malfunctions. So I actually can't believe how quickly I reacted. I could barely see it was black, didn't have time to get to the light. I ripped it out with the sparks and flames, ran to the bathroom I having on suite, threw it onto the tiled floor so it couldn't catch anything. Then I had a bath towel that I quickly soaked and dropped on top of it, just to.
Speaker 4: Like quick quickly.
Speaker 2: I could not believe. I cannot believe my house stinks. It's like there has been a fire in my room. And I was like, imagine if I didn't wake up from that.
Speaker 4: Smell, do you know how lucky you are that you woke up?
Speaker 3: Because that's that's I mean, how it happens electrical electrical fires and people are asleep and they just and then it's the end.
Speaker 2: Especially because I had a sleeping tablet, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I genuinely when I say I could have died, I could have died, Like I feel so lucky.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a Wednesday pick up. Next, we've got pickup put down, so we do it in the middle of every week. I bring you the big talking topics of the week, the stories that everyone's on about, right, and you decide, brit whether or not we pick up the conversation, keep them going or we put them down. Next, we're talking Prince Will breaking up with Princess Kate.
Speaker 2: Hang on, this isn't current to this, it's new news.
Speaker 3: Apparently he broke up with her in the most brutal way ever. Oh it's big news. We'll get to it next. Here at the pickup. Are you feeling culturally on the pulse, Britney Hockley.
Speaker 2: I was born on the pulse?
Speaker 1: Were you no? I was just born normally actually breach. But first, first, have you seen me pop my hips?
Speaker 4: Do you want to do it?
Speaker 2: I can pop them out on demand?
Speaker 4: Do we have time?
Speaker 1: Do we have.
Speaker 4: You can't i'll later. I want to see it so bad.
Speaker 3: Pick up socials, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I pick up put down the big stories of the week. Britt.
Speaker 3: You decide whether or not we pick them up, we keep talking about them, or we put them down, never to be spoken of again.
Speaker 4: Topic number one pick up put down.
Speaker 3: Doing your partner's laundry for them.
Speaker 1: I mean put it down, of course, if you want to help them out, and like I guess, if you're at home doing nothing all day because you got the day off and there at work.
Speaker 2: Then sure.
Speaker 1: But in my relationship, my fiancee Ben is like mannic with the laundry.
Speaker 2: I get it wrong all the time when I try and help him.
Speaker 3: When I stayed with you guys in Scotland, he did my laundry for me and I didn't even ask. Yeah, he did all my Like I went to the gym and my clothes are sweaty and I was traveling.
Speaker 4: He went. He didn't even ask, He just washed them all.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I put the wrong colors in apparently, and I put the right softnery and I hang it incorrectly like he, So I just give it to him.
Speaker 2: He does mine.
Speaker 4: That's because this TikTok's everywhere. At the moment, it's quite divisive.
Speaker 5: I don't do my husband's wondering. Here's why. It's because when you get into a relationship, and as women, you start taking on domestic labor task without first having a conversation with your partner about equitably dividing those domestic tasks. It's very easily for the tasks that you start taking on to become expected of you. And then the next thing you know, it's ten years later and you're the only one doing those tasks and you're tired, and you're burnt out and you're resentful.
Speaker 2: I'm very personal, doesn't it does? Just really got to be in u bonnet.
Speaker 4: Sounds like she wanted a partner to hear that.
Speaker 2: I think so did she tag him he was personal?
Speaker 4: I think she did.
Speaker 3: In the comments all right, movie like pick up, put down, meat pie flavored shapes.
Speaker 2: Put it down?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I pick up?
Speaker 2: Do you see?
Speaker 1: I love shapes like, I'm a huge shapes fan. But meat pie I think belongs in a meat pie Like I don't want to think I've got this thin, crispy little thing in my mouth, but it's really a meat pie.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 4: It's honest.
Speaker 3: They're bringing back the the classic meat pie flavorites to do with the footy season. You know what, I'm with you on that. I think they're not gonna nail the meat pie flavor. It'll just be a it'll be beef right, It's not gonna be part.
Speaker 4: You can't get the taste.
Speaker 1: Of a pie and a cry to be fair on I'm a celebrity, to get me out of here. A couple of months ago, when I was on that show, we were having to drink meals in a drink and I cannot tell you how, and then guess what they are?
Speaker 4: They blended it all.
Speaker 1: They blended a full meal into a drink and we had a smoothie. We had a drink and guess what it was? I had oysters, which was disgusting. But did it taste like There was a caesar salad, an entire caesar salad that got put into a blender and one sip you will like see the salad.
Speaker 2: Same with Nichos. You knew exactly what it was, so I reckon they probably could replicate it all right.
Speaker 3: Finally, pick up, put down, dumping someone over the phone.
Speaker 2: I'm putting everything down this show. I'm putting that down.
Speaker 1: Have some respect unless you could not care less about them you've been dating for five minutes.
Speaker 2: No, you can't do a phone dump.
Speaker 4: Well, this is pretty big news.
Speaker 3: A new royal biography has been released in the UK or the Royal Correspondence and the people that work in the palace for one day end up writing a book.
Speaker 4: Right, so someone who's worked with tell all.
Speaker 3: They've revealed that the Prince of Prince William once broke up with Kate Middleton in a thirty minute phone call. He said he told her they both needed a bit of space to find their own way. He was unable to promise her marriage. It was a thirty minute phone call, emotionally charged. This was in two thousand and seven. And then they did break up, and then they reunited at a costume party a few months later.
Speaker 2: I've been dumped on the phone before, though it was.
Speaker 4: Horrible and national television.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got dumbed on national television.
Speaker 4: But that was not on the phone. That was worse.
Speaker 2: It was the most public arena. That was a honey badger on The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what would you rather being dumped again on national TV? Or being dumped by your fiance over the phone.
Speaker 2: Is the phone in privacy my own home. My dumping went viral around the world. It didn't really Yeah, that was the most famous I've ever been, so saying a lot, isn't it?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Back after this, I would pick.
Speaker 2: Up all right, Brittan Mitch.
Speaker 6: I have a big question mark for you guys, after something that I experienced yesterday, and I don't know whether it's okay or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I need to help, all right.
Speaker 6: So yesterday I was on a flight and I was traveling by myself, and I got on the plane and you know where, you're walking up and you see your seat, and then you realize that the seat next door is still vacant. There was a guy on the aisle seat. I had the window seat, and then there was one seat between.
Speaker 4: Good feeling be ause you go, I can relax.
Speaker 2: I'm celebrating and I get to sit there. I get to relax.
Speaker 6: So the guy who's sitting there, he's reading a book and he's quite in the book as I'm approaching, and I had to kind of, you know, nudge and be like, oh, excuse me, that's my seat.
Speaker 2: Firstly, he wasn't going to get up. He tried to just shuffle his legs to the side. I hate that, and I went up and let someone in.
Speaker 6: I'm not sticking my backside in your face, mate, Can you please stand up?
Speaker 1: No? No.
Speaker 6: I kind of just stood there until he got up. So he got up with his book in his hand, and he got up and I went in. I sat down next to the window, and now I wasn't really paying too much attention to this guy.
Speaker 2: He was dressed nicely because wearing a suit.
Speaker 6: It was an early morning flight on a weekday, so I'm guessing he was going for a work trip or something. And he was reading this book pretty much the whole time, but he was kind of angled his body so it was angled away from me, and all I could see was the front cover of the book. He gets up and goes to the bathroom and he puts the book down between us on the spare seat, open on the page that he was just reading, with a card right in the middle as a little bookmark, and I kind of just glanced down and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, what does that say?
Speaker 6: And then as I was reading, I realized he was reading hard core.
Speaker 2: Romance fantasy I don't want to say the word.
Speaker 6: It was like erotica. It was more erotic than a Wiels and Boons. It was descriptivetre.
Speaker 1: She goes Wills and booms and like Mills and boo, very famous author.
Speaker 6: It was about hot breadth and big members and stuff and what was happening to.
Speaker 4: The purpose was on the cover? Was it a woman on a balcony?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: The cover actually didn't have much.
Speaker 6: It just had like what looked like a bit of an illustration, and then it was I don't remember the.
Speaker 4: Name of it, arty stuff.
Speaker 2: It looked a little bit, yeah, like alternate aatsia. So what's my predicament is?
Speaker 6: Is it not inappropriate to be reading that in a public space?
Speaker 2: Laura? It didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't put it there to get your juices flowing. He didn't put it there so hoping that you would look down and come back.
Speaker 6: He was Obviously, if you're reading that, you can't read that without being around.
Speaker 1: I think so he's sitting out, Laura, Sex and Relationship Podcast.
Speaker 6: This was a very descriptive sexual act that I was reading.
Speaker 2: You only read this stuff for a round.
Speaker 3: You chose to read You chose to read this The problem is the problem.
Speaker 2: The problem is you reading his stuff.
Speaker 1: He's open on the seat next to So if someone left their lunchbox open, did you just go and eat their sandwich?
Speaker 2: But I look inside.
Speaker 1: But you also made a point of saying that the front cover was non descript. There was nothing on there, So if there was a sexy position on there, then it's a problem.
Speaker 2: But it's a it's you read his re reiterate one thing.
Speaker 6: He was reading what was an extremely heavy page, extremely heavy. I'm not going to sound it out for you, and then he left it open and went to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Let's read between the lines, people.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's ask the country.
Speaker 3: Is it okay to read your own book that you purchased?
Speaker 4: You write a ticket that.
Speaker 6: You purchased erotica? Is that's okay to read her saying erotica? And pointed I think she just genuinely likes to say the word.
Speaker 4: I agree, erotica.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let us know, are you team Laura or team and.
Speaker 4: Breads or the rest of the world?
Speaker 6: Next on the pickup, everyone, I am feeling attacked by Mitch and by bread because so yesterday this is what happened. I was on a plane and the man sitting next to me was reading very hardcore erotica novels and I Laura discovered this because he went to the bathroom and he left it open on the chair next to me, which I.
Speaker 2: Think was strategic. But everyone's telling me I'm insane and you read his eye.
Speaker 6: Leave it open, okay? But also my question was this because he didn't want.
Speaker 2: To lose his pace?
Speaker 4: Is a book, It's just maybe there was two kills and it flapped open. It's a book.
Speaker 6: He was at a really climactic moment. One might say, no, he left it there. It was open, and it made me ask the question, which I've been told I'm wrong. Is it okay to read hardcore and e rodica when you're in a public space or is that something that you should keep it home in private?
Speaker 3: We want to pull the nation, Tina, Is this man in the wrong? Can you read what you want on a plane?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look, I think if it's just words and he's reading it to himself, then why not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you, Tina.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's not like there's pictures or anything.
Speaker 6: Maybe he has a vivid imagination though that's all you need, isn't it?
Speaker 5: That you're deliberately looking over.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying to read it.
Speaker 6: He left the book open on the seat next to me, facing me as if you're not going to look down?
Speaker 4: Where did you wanted to put it?
Speaker 2: Close?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 4: Kat Hi, you think it's okay? Can you read it on a plane?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: To think there's anything wrong with it?
Speaker 3: You're arounded by it?
Speaker 2: Come on, thank you? I agree.
Speaker 1: Do you think the problem is do you think there's a problem with Laura reading other people's private things?
Speaker 3: I think she could mind her own business.
Speaker 7: It's he's just reading.
Speaker 3: It's not hurting anyone. I agree. Attack Now hold on, look, William Woodie, can we bring them in, Producer Grace, Let's get.
Speaker 4: Will enough the pylon.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 4: I'd love to know if they think maybe they've read it.
Speaker 2: I want to know if they could read it and not be aroused. That's the real question. You can ask them yourself.
Speaker 4: They're coming boys getting hello?
Speaker 6: Okay, No, No, I'm feeling attacked. I've been told that I'm wrong, and I would like some more opinions on this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I was on a plane and the man sitting next to me was reading hardcore erotic novels like how hard core books.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the name was.
Speaker 6: All I saw was he was reading something and then he went to the bathroom. He put the book down literally on the seat that was next to me, so it.
Speaker 2: Was facing me and open.
Speaker 6: So Laura read and so I looked down and I was like, oh my god, does that say what I think it says?
Speaker 2: And then I started reading it.
Speaker 6: My opinion is that for something that hardcore, it's not appropriate to read it in a public place.
Speaker 2: And I have been told I'm very, very wrong.
Speaker 7: As someone who loves erotic fiction, I'm sorry, Laura. But if there's no pictures and no set, and if I control my grunting and groaning, like I would fully appreciate you to have a guar at me.
Speaker 4: If I was like getting a bit guttural.
Speaker 7: With my enjoyment of my erotic fiction, then one hundred percent, you know you're there with the kids, I get it that's offensive.
Speaker 4: But if the blog's just there enjoying a bit of you.
Speaker 2: Know, eight am in the morning on a virgin flight.
Speaker 7: There's never a bad time to dip your toe into a little bit of erotic fiction.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: Will's shockingly quiet. What's your thought, Will, I'm just a little bit worried about what he's doing in the bathroom. Thank you, that was my I feel like he's just read page seventy eight. He's gone felt some turbulence, he thought.
Speaker 7: If he's gone to the bathroom, he's done the right thing.
Speaker 1: You're wrong, he's just taking awe on his flight. I think the problem here, correct me if I'm wrong. Is Laura looking over soone's shoulder reading the book and being offended by what he is reading.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think you guys are taking it too far. Firstly, Britt, you do not know what he was doing in that bathroom. And secondly, I did not look over anyone's shoulder. He opened it and presented it to me.
Speaker 3: Well, boys, we better go. We're gonna get out of here. The studio is all yours. Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: All right, the boys a right. Next, we'll see you tomorrow here at the pick. Goodbye.