Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: B F Dyna might be fee it's not Rady your shite? Okay, So welcome to the Big Friday Show. On today's show, then People's playlist after seven. Right now, we're going to go around the teams you next half an hour. We call it double thumbs Up. Basically, it's our Friday recommendations for me.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing we're going to talk about, maybe if there's time. The mouse, and I don't mean the mouse in my house, I mean the computer mouse in my hand at home that I've fallen hard for. Genuinely talk about best buys under one hundred bucks that change your life and it has is this bloody mouse.
Speaker 1: I've never seen you this an evangelist. We need to get case thinking. Is it some sort of advert No, what one was it? Because I want to get it.
Speaker 2: To Logitech something people keep asking me later on this morning. I'll get the details. Go look at my Amazon receipt. Anyway, the TV show I want to talk about instant thriller, top tier TV from a team that did Homeland and the co star of Homeland, Claire Danes, the beast in me. You might have seen all the regeviews have been six episodes watched in two nights. Wow, it is you know those TV shows where it's unmissible and you cannot stop watching it. A proper tat is the word I would use. Taught with tension thriller, the old classic.
Speaker 1: Did he He's charming? He's a psycho? Did he? Didn't he? Is she falling for him? He's a psycho? He's charming?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 1: Didn't he? The whole way through? But we suspect something. No spoilers.
Speaker 2: Matthew Reese is the charming psycho in a kind of new version of Anthony Hopkins.
Speaker 1: Oh it's good.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds a circular thing, but it is. It's outstanding.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, so good. It's great, isn't it. It's so incredible? Yes, Matthew Reese.
Speaker 2: Clay Danes has always great and everything, but it's Matthew Reese's show.
Speaker 1: You might have seen him.
Speaker 2: He was in a brilliant show and he ended up marrying his co star who's in the Diplomat. Now Kerry the Americans an outstanding HBO show, really great show. But he is that is going to win so many wars next year. Him Matthew Reese col Oh my god, it's so good. He's terrifying. I used to because I've been home alone and watching it right after the episode before going to bed. It was so spooky. I go around and check everything was lock. I'm fifty year old man. It's like, this is a drama. You turned it off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they filmed it maybe two years ago. I don't know, but you know what. Yeah, that primal your nervous system. Yeah, I'm like, it's that window rattling when alone. Yeah, no, extra scary.
Speaker 2: So I then to calm myself down. I'd watched ten minutes of a Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: No, I get it, and I get it was good. Where's my comfort mouse? Where's my not Tech? How its Claire Danes? Yes?
Speaker 2: Clair Dane is so good in Homeland amazing. Yes, yeah, yeah, she's she's outstanding.
Speaker 3: It The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing double thumbs up Rio. What are you enjoying this week?
Speaker 4: I have been riding high all week, delirious on the fumes of the ashes win from the first Test.
Speaker 1: I have been who's about It's all about the comeback.
Speaker 4: The only content I've been consuming is cricket content.
Speaker 2: This week I think said you watched the brief two days actually yesterday watch reverse. It's much more enjoyable for me as an England fans watch it in.
Speaker 1: Reverse, no joke.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I watched Travis Head's innings again. It's incredible and there is some great creet content going around. The best cricket podcast in the world at the moment is The Great Cricketer.
Speaker 1: It's two aussy guys.
Speaker 4: They started a very very very funny Twitter account maybe ten years ago and they've grown this podcast in to it's one of the biggest podcasts in Australia.
Speaker 1: It's massive.
Speaker 2: I listened to a really funny one that Matthew Vaughan does. Who feel tough now? But what's it called?
Speaker 1: It's called The Grade Cricketer, right, It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Another one that I've been hoovering up is The Test Match Special, which is the BBC's very good cricket podcast, especially if you want to hear sad and angry poms.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is just.
Speaker 1: That it's the only podcast my dad listens to. Oh really, yeah, he loves that.
Speaker 4: It's really It's also got Andy Saltzman, who had a brilliant podcast called The Bugle, Very funny, very smart, used to be John Oliver's sort of right hand man and.
Speaker 2: A stand up comedians friend of Mine's very funny, very very smart man, but very clever and funny like John Oliver.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and he does these brilliant, brilliant and really funny stats at the end of the podcast.
Speaker 2: I can loud funny, aren't He didn't think that people can make cricket funny, but they do.
Speaker 1: And so is it? The gray cricketers the grade. Yeah, I was running like, great, what are they? Middle aged club cricket? Yeah, club Green got it? Great crickets. All right, I'll get over that oldre.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Patsy, What's.
Speaker 1: It for You?
Speaker 5: I have watched with my nearly fifteen year old a Billy Eilish documentary. She is a red hot on Billie Eilish, absolutely idolizes her and what a role model Billie Eilish.
Speaker 6: The World's a little blurry on Prime.
Speaker 5: A couple of surprising things for me out of this in that she really doesn't realize how good she actually is. And there's this backstage scene of her with her parents and mom comes in after a concert performance that she does and they're all praising her. You know, she did this awesome performance, and she wasn't happy with it.
Speaker 6: She said, oh, I wasn't that good. Like she really seriously.
Speaker 2: Does the family the whole, the mom and dad and phineas as well.
Speaker 5: And that's the other part that I loved so much was the family unit, very humble beginnings, have not forgotten who they are, where they're from. A beautiful family unit that is just filled with so much love and raw talent.
Speaker 6: And it was really funny.
Speaker 5: Her very first live concert she did, she was only barely seventeen, and she was so petrified and she says to her mom and dad, can I bring a friend just for moral support?
Speaker 6: You forget?
Speaker 5: You know, she's got this whopping amount of talent, but essentially she's just a young girl.
Speaker 1: She's just a kid.
Speaker 5: She's still so young, well phenomenal, and she's just signed with James Cameron to do like.
Speaker 6: A three D version.
Speaker 1: I saw there was a trailer I got sent the other day.
Speaker 2: So James Cameron, as in Titanic, as in Avatar, is a massive fan of Billie Eyers.
Speaker 1: Saw her live and said, I like to do something.
Speaker 2: I've got a really big idea filming a live concert in three D. And so it's not out until March next year. It's a three something really different. And obviously James Cameron is literally a visionary director.
Speaker 1: Do you know his story? After Titanic?
Speaker 2: He stopped making movies because he was so frustrated how technology wasn't moving fast enough with recording for his ideas. So he just stopped to allow tech to get better. And that's when he came back with Avatar.
Speaker 1: Right to catch up to win.
Speaker 2: So he pitched this idea to Billy and it's going to be in three D.
Speaker 1: Now do you remember when three D was the most with the future TV? I brought a three D TV?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, forgot one of the big My wife still brings it up.
Speaker 1: We got these special glasses now.
Speaker 2: And I was like when the guy said, you know your sport fan, watch this, And I watched this rugby game in three D and I was like, oh my god, must coached the.
Speaker 1: Ball terrible rub it However, that was about twelve years ago. I'm getting some ten years ago. So obviously Jimmy Cameron's and wait you were ahead of the curve. Yes, and James Cameron. So yeah, he's got this concert video. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: So it'll be out in cinemas here in Australia in March next you can't wait for that.
Speaker 6: I just love her as a role model for a.
Speaker 5: Mom with a with a teenage daughter. You know, when I grew up role models, Yeah they were great, but you know you had to sort of comply by you know, you had to be pretty and you had to be this.
Speaker 6: Where is Billy? You know she just dresses with baggy clothes. I think she's such You're right.
Speaker 2: Enough, though I don't like that. Yeah, my daughter Lois absolutely loves her. I went to see Billy. Did I think it was twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen. I managed to basically barge my way into the Nova Red room and.
Speaker 1: Amazing, and she was starting killed it. There's only two hundred people there, and it was just I got it.
Speaker 2: I didn't really know what the fuss was about, and she was this was like it would have been twenty eighteen. So Billy was even younger. There was just like a kid, yes right, roughly the same age as my daughter on stage. But she was unbelievable, not just that she had this natural stage presence. She stopped the about two songs in she went, can you please put your phones down? Oh wow, it's really killing it for me, and it's killing it for you. You don't just be here together and enjoy these songs. And I was like, God, that's so cool that I realize she's so you don't need to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is. I think she. I think she used the real deal as well.
Speaker 2: Sheman when they had the live performance, when at the end of the they did the big closing thing for the Olympics, going and Hando from Paris to l A Tom Cruise did the big thing and then they played on the beach and there was the Chili Peppers there, and then there was Billy Eilish. I thought Billy Earlish was better than Chili Peppers. She looked like she'd had a load to do it. They would gave a lot of polo ralph lorrange gear. She had on like oversized triple exl sor or rugby shirt on.
Speaker 1: She looked like she said, dad, haven't polo shirt, which is I just love her, but.
Speaker 5: I love that and that's okay, Whereas if I had have worn that in the eighties, it's like, what are you?
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, you would have got criticism.
Speaker 6: Be what you are and yeah, no, I think she's brilliant.
Speaker 1: So it's the documentary. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast