Speaker 1: Appreciation Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Hey podcasters, I hope you will. Wherever you are in the world right now, I hope you're isolating and staying safe. We are. This was the day two of Jack and Pats working from home and me being all alone in the studio. As always, if you want to stay in touch, email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au on with the show.
Speaker 1: Take care the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast. At the third.
Speaker 2: Jeez me, I can't hear them.
Speaker 1: I can help you in Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gold Thursday morning. You join us, Day two of Jack and Pats working from home once more the only people in the radio station. All the lights are off because a team member here at which is why we're in this situation, for safety, each other's safety. The only reason we're in this situation is because one of the team members tested positive for corona. The team members doing okay, they're very well at the moment, they're covering very well. They're not in hospital haven't had any complications yet, which is great news, but it doesn't mean that we're doing everything we should be doing and isolating. So Jack com Pat's working from home. So Jack, twenty four hours on, I hear they've replaced your microphone.
Speaker 3: They've just fiddled with got me to fiddle with the dials because we essentially have a home studio set up in my second bedroom. So I was fiddling with the high frequencies, the low frequencies, balancing the mid frequencies.
Speaker 2: Apparently talking as well, because a lot of people in focus groups are saying that we don't talk about the mid and low frequencies enough of radio. They just tuned into high fray chats.
Speaker 3: How are my frequencies this morning?
Speaker 2: I think it's sounding very good at the moment, right, Yeah, a lot of emails from remember last week we were taking the mick out of the fact that you and I had these big mega microphones and Patsy just had that toy one that came from JB Hi Fi. However, everyone was saying yesterday Patsy's ninety dollars microphone was way better than yours. Jack, Patsy really, Yeah, that little system from the toilet sort of style microphone. Did you proud yesterday? So perhaps he did you. The big question that I want to know this morning is yesterday there was a lot of bleeding from you about the squeaky chair. Has it been fixed?
Speaker 1: You mean bleeding? Excuse me?
Speaker 2: We have a kind of instant message thing. This opens you on the shower, But anything to do with the show material, ideas, et cetera. All we got from you was.
Speaker 1: The squeaky chair.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: The love God went out and got some crt yesterday. He braved Bunnings and he sprayed it. I think it's slight, bitter, slightly all right, Well.
Speaker 3: We couldn't hear it yesterday.
Speaker 2: There was no I tell you what the problem was going on about it.
Speaker 3: It's annoying that was going every time I moved.
Speaker 2: We couldn't hear a thing. So have you two got up a bit later? Because phatpsy you get up at like sort of one am in the morning and then drive in from the wild West in the old Arkansas chugger bug. So have you managed to get a little bit of baxts to sleep?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I still got up at three because no I did, honestly, because I'm so getting that. Know what. The key, the key to working from home is treat it like any other work day. So I've been getting up and showering my hair and makeup, just.
Speaker 3: Not driving in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know minutes.
Speaker 4: I don't feel in the zone unless I'm actually properly getting ready for work. So I'm dressing ups today.
Speaker 2: Did she just say in the zone? You know there's a pat zone. There's Kenny Loggins in his danger zone between Jones Zone News zone driving in this morning, because obviously you two walked to work. It's a short little commute for you guys driving in this morning. I noticed one thing this morning and tell you what it is next, and it freaked me out. Christ John O'connlall Break us T Podcast Day two. Then of me being the all alone in the studio hearing Gold and Jack and Pats are working from home. So you two, but you know you both had a nice warm cook breakfast this morning. What have you been doing now?
Speaker 3: You're a bit near the grambled eggs for me.
Speaker 2: Ah, you're making me crambled egg making me Jealousissankee wife up doing that for you.
Speaker 3: She's up this morning. Yeah, I mean I help.
Speaker 2: Sure and perhaps what have you had.
Speaker 4: I've had nothing. I've hit the the espresso machine twice. But I'm hoping once the family gets up, they might bring me in some toys.
Speaker 3: That's what are you doing with all that extra time? You seriously said? Fifteen minutes on the drive. You see you've been there.
Speaker 4: I've got to write my stuff.
Speaker 3: Jack, is it going to be a jam packed news this morning?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Write your stuff? What you know?
Speaker 1: What if you?
Speaker 2: If Jack's right, fifteen minutes to do what I've.
Speaker 4: Got to get ready and set up my studio and make sure we get ready for Sorry for being a professional boys.
Speaker 2: Sorry, there's a mysterious fifteen minutes that Jack and I am not going to rest this one so we know it's been accounted for. You are up to something, are you? What would I know you do? You're brushing up your CV, You're making demo tapes.
Speaker 4: Damn you caught me out.
Speaker 2: One thing I noticed coming in this morning, right, So you guys haven't commuted in for two days now, and everything is changing day by day as we know. But this morning, first time ever driving in, I'm at the what is there seven lanes at Punt Road? Right, and I'm at the traffic lights. Suddenly I hear this voice going look to the left. I'm in the far right lane and there's I count them, seven empty lanes next to me. At Punt Road, I'm the only car at the traffic lights. Normally, normally all the lanes right, even at quarterbas five, all the lanes have got cars in. It's such a busy bit interchange. I've never ever been the only car there, and Jack, You're right, it was really unsettling. I even for no reason. I even locked the car door, you know.
Speaker 6: The.
Speaker 2: Ghosts coming out to get me, so scary. There was no one there, and at first I thought, it's what we're not the weekend, is it? I am actually supposed to be doing the showther no one there. Obviously, people are working from home and people sticking to isolation, which should be doing, but whilest all cars around. So I'm curious to know this morning, why are you up at twelve minutes past six? Are you like Patsy then, if you're working from home, he's still trying to hang on to some kind of routine at the moment and keeping the same hours. Why are you up right now?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Are you on your way into work? You in one of the ever increasing longest list in the world of essential jobs. We were we were feeling pretty smug last week met Jack and Pats that we were on this rare list of essential jobs. Turns out everyone apart from if you run a bare studio, is on this list of essential jobs. So why are you up this morning? If you're working from home? Why why are you still up this early at six twenty two nine four one four one four three. Let's go to the lines. First of all, let's go to a good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning Christian. How are you going.
Speaker 2: I'm good Georgia. I hope you well this morning. Thanks for tuning in. And what are you doing up so early?
Speaker 7: I woke up quite early this morning. I start work at six thirty. I work in pathology.
Speaker 2: All right? Whereabouts? You are you about to say where you work in pathology?
Speaker 7: I'm not quite sure I from a leer to say which lab, but one of the bigger, big labs in Australia that I work for, all right?
Speaker 2: And the testing you're doing is had anything to do with coronavirus?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're directly testing for COVID nineteen at the.
Speaker 2: Moment, what a job. There's no one else right now in Australia that's got more important job than you and the care workers and doctors and nurses and you're doing all the testing. That's incredible. What are so how long have you been doing that? Has that been going on for a couple of weeks that your lab's been.
Speaker 7: Involved a couple of weeks Our lab's been involved with the COVID nineteen testing, but before that we were already busy enough lab as it is being one of the biggest ones with all the routine testing. But now it's definitely increased the number of swabs that are coming through for people getting tested for the coronavirus.
Speaker 2: And what are you doing to you guys running like twenty four hours? You all do an extra shifts and they're bringing in extra people.
Speaker 7: Our lab does run twenty four to seven, but with the testing with the COVID nineteen it takes quite a long amount of time, so we usually batch them up into a specific amount of numbers so that they can get through as quick as possible and get those turnaround times done really quickly.
Speaker 2: And tell me this, you're working right in the either storm at the moment, do you guys feel under pressure? But what are you doing? It's such important work giving people. There's the news, whether it's negative or positive.
Speaker 7: Everyone's feeling a bit edgy at the workplace at the moment. We've put in our own measures to try and keep everybody as safe as possible as well as the normal practices that are happening in a lab. So we've got extra measures that we've put into pace. But yeah, everyone's feeling a little bit on edge, under pressure and a bit stressed at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet well. Listen, you're doing such important work right now. Thank you to you and your colleagues for everything you're doing. And I hope you guys are staying safe and sane as well in these testing and difficult times. Now.
Speaker 7: We're definitely trying to Yeah.
Speaker 2: See are you on the way to work now to the lab?
Speaker 7: Now, I'm actually at work. I'm just about to start, so you know, just about to head in.
Speaker 2: Now and tell me this as a layman and a non scientist, are you sort of are you looking at are you looking under microscopes? Describe the scene in the lab. What are you allowed to tell us about the testing and what it's like.
Speaker 7: They're at the lab behind the scenes. So whenever you get your blood taken or your slaves taken, whatever sample your doctor has requested, it will come to a lab like us, and we will decide what testing is required. Some required microscopes, some go on machinery that are able to to test for it. There's so many different departments in here, and it's quite a complex lab, but our main priority is to get our results out to patients as soon as possible and as efficiently as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I read the other day that it's actually quite big in size. Is that right? The coronavirus COVID nineteen is actually quite large, more than other viral and viruses in terms of its actual size and diameter.
Speaker 7: Well, at the moment, I'm not too sure on our positive to negative ratio at the moment. I'd have to double check this morning, but yeah, we've had a couple of positive cases that have come through to us that we're obviously, you know, coordinating with other authorities to get those stats through as well.
Speaker 2: All right, well, listen, I let you go, got bort work to do. But for now, Georgia thank you very much and give us a call. Have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thanks Christian, you too.
Speaker 2: Take care bye. Alright, let's take a couple more calls before Patsy's news at half past Joey, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hell you Christian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all good, Joey. And what are you doing up so, Ernie?
Speaker 8: Since fall Garbos?
Speaker 2: Garbo? Of course, yes, the Garbos. You emptied the bins my place yesterday. You're still out there. You're still doing your work. We still need the bins empty.
Speaker 8: Have a four start and forward.
Speaker 2: So you're on the essential list so or you're just working.
Speaker 8: Anyway, because if I'm not a job so.
Speaker 2: Know, we need you guys to do it. You're you are on the essential list. You're more essential to people than what we do. Well, you can't, you.
Speaker 8: Can't stop pick up the garage you like more than grydavirus getting around?
Speaker 2: And where are you this morning? Where is the round in Melbournehere about sire?
Speaker 8: I'm sort of all over, but just be all right, okay.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen, all right, Joey, have a good day, thanks for calling, Joey. Linda, good morning, how are you? I'm good, Linda? Why are you up so early mate, what are you up to?
Speaker 5: I'm on my way away because I'm a school bus driver, even those.
Speaker 2: School fish So who's in the bus?
Speaker 7: No one?
Speaker 5: Can we just drive around empty?
Speaker 2: Wait? You're driving out a ghost school bus? Yes. If I had have seen you at those spooky lights of Punt Road this morning and the only other vehicle there was an empty ghost school bus, I would have been very scared.
Speaker 9: So that's really weird.
Speaker 2: They're still making you drive around doing like the pickup points they are.
Speaker 9: We're contracted, so they're making a drive.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. The contract says we've got to carry on driving whether or not there's kids to pick up. All right, Linda will enjoy the empty school bus round this morning. Thank you all right, have a good day, stay safe. Thanks a lot, Linda. Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good onring to Alex Christian. I'm up at this hour because I'm harvesting wine grapes. Most people are telling me I'm a central job. Yeah, you keep doing what you're doing. Crush crush, crush, mate. People need their wine right now. Cruss crush, crush. They're self medicating. I see that. The have I got this right, pats I was reading this morning before the show. They're limiting the amount of alcohol that we can buy. Now it's the new lou Role. It's beer or whine. No, that's just you. Maybe it's just me. I want to watch this, but the only way is where I live. There's about eight different bottle shops, so I could easily go from bottle shop to buy. I don't't to encourage anyone to do this. It's not that I've thought it through or anything. Perhapsy, how are you finding this week with homeschooling, Because I've got to be honest, I am.
Speaker 4: I absolutely busted. Yes, was just bl one, so I was finished. Then it's time to hit the books because my husband's working. He's trying to lock himself away to get his stuff done, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just so full on.
Speaker 4: And then the first thing we had up yesterday was physical education pe and everything has come home with a list of suggestions of what to do and I'm trying to convince so let's just take the dog for a walk around the lake. That'll be all right.
Speaker 2: And raining. It's good to raining because the world is saying that the kids need to do less exercise. Patsy so yeah, and when you say tell what, you can put a sadle on it and she can get on that great big monster dog, Old Clifford, the big red Dog.
Speaker 4: But you know what a lot of people have been really really awesome in that they're sending suggestions of you know, podcasts and stuff that we can do for exercise and stuff. So we might we must do that in the next couple of days. Running out of stuff to do my.
Speaker 2: Kids because I said, you've got to do. You've got to some form of exercise where there's ten or fifteen minutes at least every day. And so I've seen them. Now a lot of people recommended Yoga with Adrian. She's does these videos and they're on YouTube. Yoga with Adrian can't. It's this lady that does it, and it's very cool and relaxed, and she's got a dog who's asleep for most of the time. Next week, I mean he's got he has hit Peek Nirvanic Bliss with it all. He's like fast asleep by the radiator. But she's very cool and you she's divine them up whether you want a ten minute, fifteen minute, twenty minute one. I've started to do them as well. They's some they're brilliant. It's on the YouTube. I put a link out to it. In my mind now teachers need to be paid at least one million dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Oh, Insie.
Speaker 2: I've always appreciated how hard they were, but this week again I found it exhausted because I've got two daughters. They're both doing zoom dialings lesson lessons and they've been fighting, going shut up, I can hear you.
Speaker 1: Cry that bedroom, Dawn.
Speaker 2: I'm not running between rumors, going can you close this door and referee in chemistry right now?
Speaker 1: And like I'm doing my bad.
Speaker 2: Honestly, right it's only a couple of days into this isolation. They are there's going to be a mutiny. They're going to overthrow my wife and I. Honestly, it is frightening scenes right now at home trying to do this home schooling. Then yesterday I came in, right, they have a couple of minutes, like an interchange between the next thing, and so they can chat to their mates. So they've been sort of muffing around with their mates before the teacher dials in. They got to, you know, do the lesson all those Anyway, yesterday I can home right and I could hear one of them chantler mates. Anyway, I got confused as to which one it was. It was just coming from a room. I walked in and think it was Ruby chatting to mates. Went behind the camera right, pulled my top up to show my belly, thinking her mates we laugh. She turned around went dad, this is the chemistry teacher. I got the wrong parents evening and I did impression of her grown up and I, oh, hi, there are there, mister Smith finished the radio show Christian Yes Yes on work Essential job me the Christian O'Connor breakfast Show podcast yesterday. Right after one of the news, I played Beach Boys Good Vibrations and we're going to do this every day. Right after the news, we're going to play a song so hopefully try and balance things out. There's so much fair and I worrying the world right now by what's going on and here in Melbourne and around Australia. Music has always can help us sometimes just shift us into a different way, a different mindset. Thats what we love music so much. So I'm looking for your suggestions of what I could play off the Patsy's News at seven o'clock this morning. Name four one four one oh four three? What is your one go to song that always makes you feel good? Jackie boy? What is it for you?
Speaker 3: You know what I've been listening to this week after watching a master class. You know masterclass, you where famous people do lessons on their trade. So I'm watching my father in law have signed up to us, and now we're all watching different ones. I was watching Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine doing an electric guitar line, and he talked about how much he loved James Brown and that James Brown said that every instrument should be a percussion instrument. So whether you're playing guitar, singing, every instrument is the drums. And now I've been listening to James Brown. So I got James Brown. I feel good.
Speaker 2: Wow, it says what it says, does what it does on the tin. This is a brilliant song, Strong tender. Have you got a song as good as this to come out of the news at seven o'clock? This is a great song. Jack Have you ever heard James Brown payback? This big, epic minute, six or seven minute song. It's an incredible song.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm going through the back paddalog now, so we'll get to it.
Speaker 2: Payback is amazing. It's like a whole kind of mini epic song brilliant on Payback by James Brown. Check it out. You know you James Brown chat. This is a strong one for seven. This would sound great. All right, let's take some suggestions now on the lines. Rodney, good morning. What's it for you.
Speaker 8: Morning, Christian Gay.
Speaker 2: Good morning mate. I hope you're well this morning. Thanks for tuning in, buddy, And what's your field? Good song?
Speaker 8: Sharp dress Man? Boys is the top?
Speaker 2: Get in? Are you a sharp dress man? Rodney? You're still getting dressed up for work?
Speaker 8: I think your laugh will Actually you have the car here. You're actually hiding people's gardens and these days it's quite funny.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: I've been waking up to that for about three years. Yeah, and my family hide because if I missed the alarm and don't turn it off, they know it word for word.
Speaker 2: You're good. That is your not it's your go to song, so it actually wakes you up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Shot dress man, I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: So I'm worried though that if I played that at seven o'clock, you're going to think you've got, you're certainly going to think you've got to wake up and let it out of your bed.
Speaker 8: Good too, all right and probably caladays I play Guys off boy excellent, which is.
Speaker 2: Quite final funny for only you Rodney exactly, all right, buddy, thank you very much, a good day.
Speaker 8: You take care, you take care, bud By.
Speaker 2: What did he say? It was hiding a car key in the garden.
Speaker 3: Because we're isolated in a different studio, I'm not sure if I'm hearing the callers always correct?
Speaker 2: Now you are? I think said about in the God We're gonna have to play that back to. It's a new riddle. What is Rodney saying when he's saying what he's saying? Eddie's on the line, Edward.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good this morning? And what's your feal? Good song?
Speaker 9: This song has always put a smile on my faked dream Academy life.
Speaker 2: In the Northern Town. A brilliant song. They used it in Ferris Bueller's Day Off as well. I love that song. It's a beautiful song. Yeah, great choice, you got a good chase, good choice of music, Edward, thank you.
Speaker 9: Christian can say thank you to you guys for turning back up to work after the whole place got scrubbed down on Tuesday. A big step to you, guys, but we all appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's very kind. It's no big deal whatsoever. We're all safe and fine. But thank you for saying that, Edward. It's a pleasure and joy to do what we do. But thank you very much for your kind words. That's lovely, mate. Cheers, have a good day, Stay safe, Christian.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The loneliest studio and radio right now in the world. Just me sat here, even Huggy when he came in. He asked, say, went you look so sad and lonely without your little mates? That's it big now without your playmates? Are I said, yeah, because everyone's tough when Jack Post is next to them. All right, good morning, thanks for tuning in, guys. Eight minutes past seven is to Christian O'Connor breck for the show here on gold So date of the Isolation Radio station with Jack and Patsy working from home again for the rest of this week as we all start trying to stay safe. After one of the team members here at Gold was tested positive for coronavirus over the weekend. The goodness is they're covering very well. They're not in hospital so far, they're doing very very well. And as extra precautions because the person works in contact with us, please to say and excited to say that another one of our team members had to be tested forty eight hours ago. And we found out last night. Little Collette is okay, which is great news for everybody, but most of all, which is awesome. So collect, I know you're still working from home in you little sort of hovel that you live in. I think Collett lives in a skirting board. But please, you're still safe, very very pleased that you're healthy. Important part of this show, so come from James Brown, one of the greatest live performers ever, leads us to today's Mount Rushmore. And I was thinking yesterday what could we do with our Mount Rushmore. This is a feature that we do once a week. We try and debate a various topic. Last week we're talking about the best TV shows to watch and what could I only out of four only four can go up on the Mount Rushmore. We argue about which ones have to go up there? And this week you probably feel the same thing as well, with with limited movements of what we can do, and rightly so for safety. But I don't think I've ever appreciated my freedom more. We take it for granted, don't we. You imagine when it's safe for us to go out to restaurants, to live music, to comedy shows sort of cinema, it's giving out the greatest day we've ever experienced. The things that we've been able to do for years, but they've just become things that you just take them for granted, because that's I guess the nature of life. Not everything can be an amazing moment.
Speaker 3: And do you think they'll come back gradually or it will be the biggest day ever for restaurants and pubs. If it's a announced day and on that day everybody's allowed back into civilization.
Speaker 2: Be chaos. It will be chaos, you know that would have to do it. Who's got the six or seven sitting, you know, and then seven to night they have to do it by street number or name or I don't know how they're going to do it, But it will be the greatest day on earth when we can go back out in public, you know, say three. So I was thinking about Mount Rushmore and I was thinking about live music. That's something we're really missing at the moment. So many concerts and tours been put back towards the end of the year, and you know, we can't go out and see live music. And live music is just an amazing thing when you're a experience, and the wonder and joy when someone's really nailing a live performance and you're all there. When we all went to see Elton John a couple of weeks ago, he was incredible. You know, it was in the rain at our Rochford Winery, but he was still amazing and you're witnessing one of the greats. So this morning Mount Rushmore, I needed to say, which, which acts have you seen? Deserves to go on the Mount Rushmore Greatest Live Acts Ever? It needs to be someone you've seen, and I want the detail I want you to go to justify why it has to be. Then, what was so great about that night that performance? Nine four one four one oh four three? Jack? Who is it for you?
Speaker 3: I'll take you guys back to two thousand and three when I was a fifteen year old and went to my first ever music festival, I'd been to a few small concerts at Eltham roller Rink before then, but this really blew my mind because you're talking about thirty thousand people other than thirty that I was used to. And I saw the food Fighters headline and Dave Grol, I mean he is rock and roll. Oh yeah, he is the lead singer food Fighters. Of course, he was also the drummer of Nirvana. This man lives and breathes rock and roll, and his stage presence is unforgettable. I remember as a fifteen year old kid and now I'm a tall, gangly man now, but as a kid, I was actually a late bloomer, didn't go through puberty until almost out of high school, so I was a short kid. Got up on my friend's shoulders and sat the entire gig on my friend's shoulders watching Dave Grol.
Speaker 2: Amazing. I love those stories. You wish you to see that on concert, someone on somebody's shoulders. That's awesome, Jack, I've seen Food Fighters like a couple of times. They are amazed. Dave Grol one of the nicest men in rock and roll. You're right, he is a ma netic performer as well awesome live performer. Patsy, who's it for you? You've seen loads of live acts over the years. What's the very best? The very best?
Speaker 4: It's hard because I've seen a lot of acts and even better I reckon than my Brian Adams was Billy Joel at rod Laver Arena back in two thousand and eight. It was his world tour and he was just phenomenal. It's the first time I've ever seen him live on stage and he had so much energy and oh the way he plays that piano and favorite song Italian Restaurant. I know you love that song as well, but it was just to be there in person and see him perform at live was just incredible.
Speaker 2: Benny Joel like Elton John, they're both storytellers and amazing piano players as well. I went to see them when they toured together. They did a tour together and they played some of each other songs. It was incredible that like two dawning pianos. It was an amazing performance. Yeah, Billy John, that is a great one food answer to Jack, I'll tell you my next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Who is that which one of you? Right? Because I can down the lines on the songs. I can hear what's going on to your end. One of you is banging the keyboards like no, it's you pass stop.
Speaker 3: Still see it, says Patriner, is typing on the group message.
Speaker 2: It's like the you know, Michael Flatley was feats of Flame. It's like fingers of flame angry. I know you're trained to like lightly the fingers, you know, across the keys and all that, like you know, butterfly and then but yours.
Speaker 4: Is news waits for no one quite right?
Speaker 2: All right? So we're talking about best live show you've ever seen? What should gar up on a Mount Rushmore? Call us up this morning? Nine four one four one o four three. What how's to go on to Mount Rushmore based on the best live performance you saw? We need all the details. Jack has taken us back to when he first saw his big first Proble gig, and what a great one for initiation into the world of rock and roll, Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters. And he was on his shoulders of a mate.
Speaker 3: Hey, I just got a text actually from the guy whose shoulders I was on. He's listening by coincidence. He goes, I remember seeing Food Fighters with you haven't thought about that in ages. How good and it was. I was a fifteen year old kid and from the ground I couldn't see a thing until I was hoisted up because I was a short kid, and spent the next two hours on his shoulders. So thank you to Sam Marsho's listening now.
Speaker 2: It's amazing he happened to be listening and you tell a story, a very specific story about his shoulders. That's nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he expected his shoulders to be talked about on the radio this.
Speaker 2: Morning when he tuned in. Hang on a were we moving into again coincidence stories? Easy, everybody, Let's not go back into it. We're in extraordinary times at the moment. Let's be careful, all right. Best live before I've ever seen like k Chack and Pat's been very lucky to in this. You get invited to go to a lot of great shows and you know, some of you probably know me before. Big Springsteen fan, Massive Rolling Stones fans. Those two were always my go to rock and roll bands that I've seen a couple of times. I've been very very lucky. But in turn, in terms of actually seeing someone who was an actual once in a generation virtuoso. That's something thing above a genius, actual virtuoso. It's all about Prince for me. Just when you see someone and it's not just Prince, it's the magic with Sheila E his drummer as well, the whole backing band he has with him. They are amazing. But Prince, when you witness him even talking about it, now you know the little purple fellow. He's not a live and or gives me goosebumps. Because I couldn't. I didn't want to talk to friends that I was there. I just I wanted to just not watch it. I wanted to be consumed by whatever, that magic power, that rareness, that quality he had. As I was going on YouTube yesterday to dig out a couple of performances to sort of illustrate why no one quite performed live like Prince, I found this little short clip. Prince did one of the halftime shows at the Super Bowl. Greatest show on Earth for any band to do, a lot of pressure. Some bands have done it brilliantly and some not so. Prince did it in two thousand and seven in Miami, and it poured like proper poured, and the producers had to cool him on the day of the performance to warn him it was it was going to be raining, very very heavy. Have you listened to this? And Prince's pure rook and roll reaction to the news it was going to be a heavy downpour.
Speaker 6: The morning of the game, opened the curtains in my hotel room and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was like a scene from Moby Dick. This is the producer.
Speaker 1: The winds were blowing the palm trees and.
Speaker 6: The rain was one of those Miami rain storms that just would not relent. We're in this truck sitting behind Don Mischer, and I remember Don said, put me on the phone with Prince. Don says, now, I want you to know it's raining. And Prince like, yes, it's raining, and are you okay? And Princes like, can you make it rain harder?
Speaker 3: And I was like, right on, I love that.
Speaker 2: Produces. Ever say to me, we got really bad technical problems, Yeah, make them even harder, make it rain harder. That's how rock and roll he is. Rain can't stop Prince for me. Prince. It was two thousand and seven. He did twenty one nights in London at the biggest venue in London, the O two Academy eighteen thousand people a night for twenty one nights. Wow and get this. Artists can set ticket prices. A lot of these artists say, we don't know what to do about ticket touts. Set a standard ticket price, then don't have different via tiers of fire pricing. He said it at thirty one dollars twenty seven. It was a fixed fees, so he couldn't have any ticket touts. And the reason he did that is that he didn't want any ticket touts. And also we liked the number thirty one twenty seven. He's obsessed with numbers. And also he named his album thirty one twenty seven, so he thought, I need he wants to have a low ticket price thirty one bucks to go and see prints. I went for I went twice. It was so amazing to see one of the greatest life performers ever. Who was It for You?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Nine four one, four, one oh four three TI them Today's show, by the way, make it rain harder. Let's go to Isabella. Good morning, Isabella, Hello Isabella, Hello, hello mate, welcome to the show. I hope you're well in sane fander. Who is It for You? Great's Live performance the Rolling Story, Yeah, one of the greats. Where did you see them?
Speaker 5: They have to be the top, they have to be the top. I saw them in Chicago last year. It was the best night of my life.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're shouting it there on stage right now.
Speaker 5: It's brings back memories. It just make me so excited and shaky, like it's just oh, it was just so good.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, Isabella, this is great this and turn the radio down because it's feeding back at the moment so we can't hear you. Clearly give you an amazing eyewitness report. I'm calm, no, no, no, no, go ahead with this is all about passionate live music. This is what it does to us. We're missing it telling you about that, then Rolling Stones, Where was it do you say? Chicago?
Speaker 5: In Chicago Salderfield Stadium in twenty fourteen, I missed out and I was standing out some broadline crying, and my dad felt so terrible that last year he surprised this with Chicago tickets and oh it was the best concert. I like nearly passed out there. I had to close onto my sister the whole time. Some would have flew over. I was just crying and shouting all lyrics. It was just to see those old men on stay.
Speaker 1: I love you old men.
Speaker 5: Oh it was just the best note of my life. And it's just the best man ever.
Speaker 2: Proper rock and roll, aren't they?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, oh yeah?
Speaker 2: And they might be old men, but Jack has just got that NonStop energy. Where does he get it from?
Speaker 5: Oh look, I don't know, but he just frances around, never stopped, never stopped, just moves his arms. Oh it's just such a performance.
Speaker 10: I can't Oh, thank you very much, you cal no worries, Thank you, Chris, thank you, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Did you notice, by the way I keep talking us, we have an instant message chat that's open obviously because Jack and pats are working from home. I'm here alone in the studio, so we're trying to talk to each other with the producer as well during the songs and check we can keep the momentum going. All this. All I've seen from Patsy is so far block capitals again with the old angry typist is I'd kill from Fakatsia right now, she's gone stir crazy, She's gone apocalypse. Wow, back out there and whereby she's gone?
Speaker 1: Is she?
Speaker 2: I don't know what she is looking for?
Speaker 3: That banging and naked Kasha.
Speaker 2: Karen's on the line. Best live performance you've ever seen. We're all talking. We're missing live performance right now. We're trying to form a mount rushmore are the best of live performances we've all ever seen? What is it for you? Nine four one four one o four three Karen? Who's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Hi Christian, Hi pets fy Jack. Yeah, my concert is sorry, I should say Coldplay. I saw them in November two and twelve and I took my kids. That was the first time we've all been to a together soide the I was ten, eleven and thirteen, and it was joyful away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're a joyful band, aren't They Really colorful and it's very creating.
Speaker 11: With the other wristbands that were all glowing. It was just it was fabulous. It was just the best first concert to take children to. Just absolutely loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took my kids to that show. Yeah, as you go in, everyone's given a wristband, and as it gets darker in the evening, all these multi colored wristbands and they they can change the color of your wristband, so the whole stadium starts to do like a Mexican wave of your different colors and stuff like that, and you all feel even more together with it. Yeah, great choice, Cold Blair, brilliant live band. Nice one. All right, have a good day, stay shay bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Best thing I've ever seen live. I'm saying the word thing rather than band or artists live because it was like seeing something from another planet. And I've seen some great performances by Springsteen and the Stones, but Prince was just believable. So we're talking about live music today, trying to former Mount Rushmore based on the best live performances you've ever seen. We need to call us up and take us there. Jack's gone for Green Day and being on his mate's shoulders. So that was the first big show, the first rock and roll band you ever saw, the amazing food Fighters, the Food Fighters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love Green Day as well though, don't not discounting them by any means. But Dave Roll the man is rock and roll and I'll always remember that first festival I went to Big Daut two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: All Right, known four one four one O four three, best love force you've ever seen? Patsy back with us, I'm here you got that for Catsia yet?
Speaker 9: No, wh.
Speaker 2: Who can he cats you to me? Is like a It's like a Sunday roast. It's a big old BIG's a homework out at the moment. Just get too for catsiers use them as dumbbells and you know, and just this time in the morning.
Speaker 3: No, I'm hungry.
Speaker 4: The love God's getting me be coughed.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, let's go to Andrew right now, come onring Andrew Christian, how are you. I'm good, buddy, So tell me best live performance you've ever seen? Who was it?
Speaker 9: I'd say Springstain and Hanging Rock.
Speaker 2: Oh you lucky man, you were there? So many people rave about that.
Speaker 9: Y is Christian. I wasn't a big fan of Springsteen, but after watching the show Unbelovable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you think there's something special? There's joy and the band as well are playing live together. It's something I found it almost whenever I've seen Springsteen, it's like all something spiritual happenings. There's there's this joy. Yeah, It's phenomenal, isn't it?
Speaker 9: How long did he do oh, I reckon he was one for a bit two and a half fields.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't do it. He doesn't phone it in you get Valley for money. I saw him do three hours, three and three quarter hours on a Sunday night once. It was incredible. Even the last half an hour. Even the die hard fans like me were like, really, just want to go to bed. I get it. You're amazing, but I get the feeling now it's more about you than us, Bruce. I need to get home now to my family. Please, Bruce, can we go?
Speaker 7: We were tired just watching.
Speaker 2: Andrew. Thank you very much. She could have a good day, buddy, you can.
Speaker 9: I haven't touched a sausage since the competition.
Speaker 2: It's you. I'm glad you're live. You well, it's the sausage king. Everyone. Do you remember? I remember you. You were sweating as you walked out, and I actually was really worried about your aie. You saw off the wearer. We love God. How many did you get through in the end?
Speaker 3: Sasage been twelve sausages in brand in ten minutes.
Speaker 2: That's it was painful to watch. You haven't touched one since?
Speaker 9: No, I haven't touched one since.
Speaker 1: I light.
Speaker 2: All right, sausage King. Great to hear from you, mate. I hope you well, stay safe and you buddy, take care.
Speaker 1: Harry, come morning, Good morning, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good to Harry. So best live performance you've ever seen, best live performance.
Speaker 9: In all the years of we going in concerts with the Beatles, nineteen sixty four, Fistol all Melbourne.
Speaker 2: We're all jealous. You actually saw the Beatles live.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm older than you, come on, but seeing the.
Speaker 2: Great Beatles live, so nineteen sixty four, what did they play? It was?
Speaker 9: It was the Festival Hall in Melbourne. It was the night Ringo came back. It took her over from the loser Jimmy Nicol, the greatest loser in the mitts music business, right decides to peak best And we were fifth row, center right, just to be out in front of John Lennon and it was like seeing in front of a jet engine.
Speaker 2: Really what just the noise and the power.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah. They only played for twenty five twenty six minutes. That's it the usual set.
Speaker 2: Springsteen does that. It's just a warm up. That's just two of his songs. Come on, Beetles you're lightweight.
Speaker 9: Come on, beetles. If I were of it, the beetles of Veno Springsteen, come on.
Speaker 2: True even he would say that you're lucky to have seen the Beatles live, very lucky. And I still remember, Ah, that's great. And so what was the best song? What's your highlight? What's your one takeaway from seeing the standing there?
Speaker 9: I saw a standing there always.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's great, that's amazing. What great memories, Harry, thank you for sharing them with us this morning.
Speaker 1: Lovely Thanks Christian bye The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: So Jack did his first home workout yesterday. Normally this is something goes to Frank, his trainer, And so what did you do from home? Did you still manage to have the same sort of discipline?
Speaker 3: Well, I went to Frank's on Monday before the closed out and the shutdown at twelve pm on Monday.
Speaker 2: Wink wink, sure, sure.
Speaker 3: And he was no. Honestly, it was like Frank was getting looted. He provided all his clients to come and pick up and borrow equipment if you wanted it. So I drove the ute around to Frank's gym and I was putting gumbells in the back. I put a bench in the back. I have these straps and bands. I don't even know what to do with him, but I was just trying to get my hands on anything I could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those resistant bands are great as well for warming up and stretching and stuff like that. So well, love the other you. If you're loading up the ute with a load of dumbbells and a bench press, people must have think you were with some real hardcore tradey who join his lunch break jumps up on the back of the Please please do that one day. I will drive your ute while you work out on There's.
Speaker 3: No there's no spare moment of the day where I shouldn't be pumping iron. And it includes getting to and from A to B.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I did.
Speaker 3: Frank wrote me a program now with the with the couple of dumbbells that I took in and I did my first homework out. So now I don't know if you've started doing any.
Speaker 2: Two days ago, I found it actually really hard. It's odd. I don't know what it is. Normally, when I can go to the gym, I'm very disciplined. I get into my thing and get out of there as quickly as possible and have a routines to do over different days. I found it really hard at home. First of all, there's the factor of the dog. If you're on the ground, do any kind of stretching. The dog thinks, hey, my level, I keep my nose right on your face. What do you doing? What are you doing your planks and stuff like that, And you're trying to sort of what you're shaking doing planks, You're trying to swat the dog away. The dog then thinks, great game, you swapt me away. I duck it. Come back around, come back on your backside as if.
Speaker 3: It's as if our dogs had been desperate to sniff our faces. But they can never get up that high, and as soon as you're down on their level they stick.
Speaker 2: Then forget it. Forget The big winner of everyone being at home in isolation is our pets, especially dogs. They're just like, this is at last. I'm glad you've seen sense homes rock. Why go out there, whatever you do out there, it makes you so unhappy. You come home looking tired and miserable. Stay in GRSS is great. My kids then started to watch me as well, and they were like why are you doing that? Well, it's just some exercises. Oh God, then you feel self conscious. You're in the garden. It's hard. How did you get on Jack?
Speaker 3: I found I found it difficult as well. For whatever reason, the motivation isn't there in the same way it is if.
Speaker 2: You go to if you dedicated, did you you out on your deck?
Speaker 3: I was out on No. No, essentially at the other end of the dining room, pushed the table, push the dining room table.
Speaker 2: I just think outside out mind. You can't be too near the kitchen because all you thinking is this food over there. I'd rather be over there. It's too tempting go out on the deck.
Speaker 3: So I got so Frank's trying to keep me motivated during this period, and he said that I can do the FaceTime sessions, which I haven't got to that yet, but he said, just keep me updated when you do a session. So I did my workout, and you know that whenever you work out by yourself, you're just not as motivated. So I got to the end of it.
Speaker 2: Start knocking. Well, normally I do ten today. If I'm doing something more than the other people right now, I'm going to be in good enough shape.
Speaker 3: That phrase into my head so many times at least I'm doing something. So I took a photo at the end of the workout to send a Frank. And I'm not proud of this. I took a photo of the yoga mat that I was using in the dumbbells at my feet and then it looked like actually it was at the start of my workout because it was no sweat on the mat whatsoever.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, you must follow him as well. Great podcaster, former Navy Seal leader Jocko Willinick does a brilliant podcast in a couple of great books about leadership. And if you've seeing me post a post every morning of him post workout, and it's always looking down at his feet and there's sweat. It looks like blood or he's sweated out demons or something. They're sweat everywhere. So was yours didn't look like you'd worked hard enough?
Speaker 3: So this is what I did. I took the first photo, no sweat anywhere, And before I said it to Frank, I took my water bottle out, spilt it on the yoga mat, smisched it around with my foot, took a photo.
Speaker 2: Did you say what you've done.
Speaker 3: I just said workout done, and then the strong man emoji.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so he doesn't know that you put water on there.
Speaker 3: Unless he's listening to this. He does not know and shouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I'm looking now at it as well. It just looks like you've had an accident or.
Speaker 3: The you've actually looked like convincing sweat said.
Speaker 2: Unless one of the workouts is pee on the yoga mat at the end of it, just keep your bad a strong.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, which.
Speaker 2: One of you is fiddling around with chairs again.
Speaker 3: I think that time it was me.
Speaker 2: I think I was fiddling, by the way, I hate to say this, Pat. About five or ten minutes ago, I heard a squeaky chair.
Speaker 4: Oh it's hang on, I'll see if I Oh, now it's not squeaking.
Speaker 2: Just to spite me. I no, no, no, why I heard I heard squeaking. I definitely heard squeaking. All right. So this week we've been doing little diaries, little audio diaries of how we're getting on day today, try and give us something to do while we're at home, and we're inviting you if you want to do the same, just make a little audio diary on your phones. You've all got these voice recorders on them and you can email me them. Can I just like thirty seconds, forty five seconds? Maybe just you how you're feeling at the moment, your struggles, up slows, your successes, your small wins, whatever, everything that's going on. Just a kind of little postcard each evening and fling it over to me. You can email me Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au. It's actually to you first of all, Jack, So what's been going on with you? Yesterday we heard about the band that you and your wife had formed.
Speaker 3: Yes well, we actually broke up yesterday. Sadly. My wife plays drums, well she doesn't really, she's learning to play drums because I asked her to be part of our band. I play guitar and I sing. Yesterday we did a terrible rendition of the Friend's theme song, and it was so bad that we broke up the band. You challenged us to get back in the studio and do it again, give it another try, which we've done. And I'm happy to report that rehearsal number two is far, far, far better than rehearsal number one. It's actually going to blow you guys away when you hear it.
Speaker 2: Listen to this. This this so very promising, pumping up his ties on this.
Speaker 3: We are very happy with the recording that we got yesterday of us playing again the Friend's theme song.
Speaker 2: All right, So just in my sense, so Bianca is only just learning how to play the drums.
Speaker 3: That's right. I'm I've got a very rudimentary understanding of the drums and I'm trying to teach her what to play. And then I'm on vocals and guitar of course, front man.
Speaker 2: All right, let's plate. So this is the Friends theme tune? Yeah, yep, all right, for the first time. Well that's what this has been. This must be it. That was it?
Speaker 3: I just did an intro to it.
Speaker 2: Hang on, mate, Sorry, which one is it?
Speaker 3: It's the first one you played? I did. I did an audio intro to the Friends theme song?
Speaker 2: Got you, mate? This is what happens when we're not in the studio together, you know, the little glitches. All right, let's go back to it. Take two.
Speaker 3: All right, For the first time, we're going to record the band.
Speaker 2: We've already done this.
Speaker 3: The professional recording equipment at Jackie Road Studios are.
Speaker 1: You ready, my love?
Speaker 3: I'm ready friends theme song you can a sin one two.
Speaker 2: Three four, There for you? Well suss.
Speaker 3: There for you, in there before me, there for you because you're there.
Speaker 4: For me too.
Speaker 3: All right, you happy?
Speaker 2: I'm happy if you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Another take or I mean I think it was good, but yeah it was good. No one take will do. I'm happy enough of that.
Speaker 2: And then they made out on the floor right there, right, I know your voice?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 3: I put on a different voice than I usually?
Speaker 2: Can I only go back to the other one we heard before? You did that.
Speaker 3: Fast passa passa passa passa passa passa pasa confuse me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've definitely done something because this is too It doesn't sound like you. Is that auto chun?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 3: That's just my normal singing voice.
Speaker 2: No way, no way, no, that was like sure, I believe so well. I want to go back to the original raw power tomorrow on the show. Then, because your last day working from home, you two, so tomorrow you need to perform the song live, you and b anchor the funky drama. You and her need to do it live, no more effects or anything like that. Okay, the real deal, Oh my well that will sound different tomorrow morning. All right, I take you through my diaries with the two teenagers. Yesterday there's been a development about one of them and seeing her boyfriend this weekend and what me and her boyfriend's dad have to supervise.
Speaker 1: So Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You never know, by the way, who's listening? All right? Yesterday I was playing out one of the little diaries from my thirteen year old daughter who said this about online schooling.
Speaker 12: It was fun because we had online school and you could just like pretend that you couldn't hear the teacher because of your connect internet conection when you actually could. And if you just turn your camera off, you could go to sleep. So that was fine and all I get to sleep longer. I haven't got to work us hard, haven't got to get up to go to school.
Speaker 2: Well, what of our teachers was listening? And yesterday we goes to the start of it. Well, I had someone's dad's radio show today, and can I just check that all pupils microphones are off? Mute everyone, and you can just hear this collective? Oh god, who's ruined this scam? Now? So lois rumble by one of your teachers listening to this show, which is great. So we're doing these diaries this week and we do it next week as well, or isolation diaries. You can just record them on your phone just thirty seconds or forty seconds. What's going on with you? How are you doing? Emailed me them Christian at gold one four to three dot com dot au. Just all be amazing way to document as we go through the next cut week, what is actually like? All the highs and lows. So come back to Lois in a minute. So yesterday I was talking about Larry the cat, Thank you very much. By the way, I work so hard coming up with funny things to say on Twitter, and yet the most popular tweet I've had this year is simply a photo of the kitten called Larry. Thousand of likes, what is the point? And this is Larry by the way, I've actually taken a real liking to him, and this is him curled up on my lap. Yesterday watched his namesake Larry David while we're both watching Kirby You enthusiasm. Larry has great taste, see very happy. Ah, it's a great sound that honestly, I've become very I didn't realize maybe I was a cat guy as well as a dog guy.
Speaker 3: You're a cat person.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no no no. I am cat positive, but I'm a dog person. So anyway, this weekend, obviously I got the cat because Ruby is missing her boyfriend. You know what love in the time of coronavirus, and so she's really really missing him, you know, and they're both finding it hard. And I'm sure a lot of mums and dads who've got teenagers, got boyfriends and girlfriends who can have find this again increasingly harder as that they're going through a full separation. And we know what it's like. We have that, you know, your first early relationships. It's really intense. And imagine being forcibly separated. That didn't happen to us. It was hard enough, the ups and downs and teenagers. So anyway, this weekend, whilst we still care, before things get tougher and we're even more limited movements, Ruby and her boyfriend, I'm gonna have a supervised walk supervised by me and her boyfriend's dad. I don't know if you've ever seriously see when when the royal couple go and walk abouts and it's like bodyguards, you know, like fifty yards behind them, Eagles moving west, eagles moving. I've got have you got visual, I've got visual supervised walk with the two dads supervised. We got to check that they don't. They're teenagers. They're walking hormones. He's a teenage boy. I know what I was like at that age. You're just a walking you just you like a zombie. Something's overtaking you. You male hormones. He can't control himself.
Speaker 3: Are you making them walk at one point five meters apart?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say three, Jack and I demonstrated yesterday. I demonstrated yesterday. I'm gonna do this now for the video and we're we'll put this up later. How to do a safe air hug? It goes like this, Oh, okay, you throw your arms out that. I'll put the videout later. But this is a safe COVID nineteen lover's hug. Okay, you throw it out there. Okay, So you know a lowis yesterday, this is how she got on This is the thirteen year old rebel. Let's find out how she got on estay with her diary.
Speaker 12: So today I got bored again and I was like, oh, I should die the front bits of my hair like my bangs on bleach blonde. So I died them, and then I got it all stuck in the sink and now the sink's blocked. But then I was like, oh, it's not thick enough. So then I cut more thicker bangs, and then I died more, just like ten minutes ago. And now I think it might fall out because I've it's like really blonde now.
Speaker 2: So what are bangs? I thought they were just all hair, no hairs like that.
Speaker 12: And then the front bits that go on your face are like short in the banks?
Speaker 2: Sot have I got bangs?
Speaker 12: Because it's a semino saw her?
Speaker 2: So if I grow just the front bits, I've.
Speaker 12: Got banks, Yeah, like curtains like banks.
Speaker 2: Right, So could a dad have bangs? What if I did graying? Like oh sad and old? Okay, thank you the way she went now to look gray.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, she's Sarah doing in the background there around the kitchen.
Speaker 2: We just had an argument that I wasn't empty in the dishwasher because I had to do radio work. And can you hear the over loud?
Speaker 1: Can you hear that?
Speaker 2: It's so clear, and that's unnecessary to be doing that. And I'm professional while radio magic is happening as well, have that angry demonstratedly trying to make a passive aggressive emptying of a dishwasher. I'm glad you too picked up on that as well.
Speaker 3: And how does the blonde hair look? Are you happy with it?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jack's day three. I wonder where we're going to go.
Speaker 3: With all of this, But you're lucky. It's just blonde. During my high school years when I was lost as age, I had blue hair, pink hair, green hair, orange hair, all in different years of high school. Yeah, that was my punk rock rebellion. Your high school?
Speaker 2: So what age?
Speaker 3: So from about thirteen?
Speaker 2: Same age? Yeah, everyone color is their hair.
Speaker 4: It's like a ride of passage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought I did have a rule that you could do that at sixteen. I once just sixteen, and that you can whatever you want. We have, but that is obviously these extraordinary times, that's obviously gone out the way. She looks like when I went upstairs to see her yesterday and she died, it really really blonde with these bangs. It looked like Billie Eilish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what blonde is the baseball, so she can move to any other color.
Speaker 2: Now it's it's a cheebowl blonde for it's not salon. She looks a little bit one of those kids. Can I just say it, I've got a Bogan daughter.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Christian o legs tastes like a monster. Sorry, Christian of connorbeb showan gold one of four point three. Perhaps I think the internet connection was cutting in and out. Sounded like actually swearing as you describe Buckingham Palace, Effingham Ham and the text coming in here? Can someone please tell the Love God to get off Netflix? While his wife is reading the news from Andrew, they've written, yes, okay, so time for the day is that what time Wester will be finishing at nine today? Chris wants to watch a longer sort of movie at nine and that whatever it's Power Showers as well. Oh no, come of it? At today? Was you can win a free year of Disney Plus. You've got all the Disney movies if you've got kids, this is a great thing. Disney Plus you've got some cracking TV shows on there as well. So that's why a prize today on the outwork time wasster, today's time waster. Teacher movies for all our teachers listening. All the hard working teachers been through a lot always, but over the less last couple of weeks tough times as well. Put them with all those grubby kids as well. Whind about being infected now trying to homeschool online as well. So teacher movies today. All right, I've got log rhythm of the night, logarithm of the night once more.
Speaker 3: The internet connection must be breaking up.
Speaker 2: Again, down balanced, chalk this way, chalk this way better, baby's got backpack. Good meet the parents. Evening the shaw shanked attention.
Speaker 3: Wait now you've gone from songs to movies.
Speaker 2: Alright, sorry, what are we doing? I've forgotten, Joe, I've done.
Speaker 3: I didn't teach your songs. You don't teach your songs, that's what we agreed. And then you've obviously taken your own detail into teaching movies.
Speaker 2: I'm doing two shows here at the moment, doing the songs on light f M, so I'm just trying to double up earnings at the moment.
Speaker 3: It's a teacher free for all. Mix a teacher with anything.
Speaker 2: Teacher songs. I see you maybe shaken that assessment. That's a gold plus, you know it is. Come on, Jack Pios, Come on all right, Jack, What have you got? Teacher songs? Don't forget?
Speaker 3: Why not any better? Son of a teacher?
Speaker 2: Man? Functional.
Speaker 3: When I think about you, I teach myself. Sorry, when I think about you, I teach myself.
Speaker 2: But that's gold plus.
Speaker 3: Roll call on me, Call on me, roll call on me.
Speaker 2: That's what your voice sounds like without that machine.
Speaker 3: And call me algebra, Call me algebra.
Speaker 2: It's out. There were not a rhythm of the night. How there you? All right? Your teacher songs? Peace?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sort of Come on dogs, you could be winning ten k with the nouropeek work day thanks to paintback. You're listening to hear us By the same song twice from six am to six pm. So you just stuck indoors this and just for longer you could win cash ten k. Turn your unwanted painting too energy with paintback. Visit paintback dot com dot au so to tain his timeway is teacher songs jacking co work? Are you read to Mark ready? Okay? Teacher songs? What school got to do with it? Silver Christian Boom boom, Let's go back to the castroom.
Speaker 3: Silver plus Joel.
Speaker 2: It's a long way to the toilet if you've got to have a p Tony and Cram.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Bronz.
Speaker 2: I love that one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it fits the criteria of teacher songs.
Speaker 2: Back in slacks, Bronze, Bradley in Greensborough, Living to teacher life or living de vida loca.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Luke and Willan who called us yesterday.
Speaker 3: Luke is a legend. But I'm sorry, I you know what? Upgrade that to a silver plus.
Speaker 2: A little less con Wow? What an upgrade? Oh heart Jack, a little less conversation. I'm teaching here, Silver against. I love this Phil Connins song. Here for teacher songs, take a look at math now.
Speaker 3: That's our first gold Pam.
Speaker 2: That is funny. What like a principal Silver? That's Luke again in wil and Luca. Glad you'd feeling better, mate, Jane's got gum, gold Mark and Thornbury. It's a long way to the tucks if you want a sausage roll. That is genius. Greig in Craig and packing and well done, dude, whar's my school themed song?
Speaker 3: That's a movie bronze?
Speaker 2: Uh, Papa, don't teach Civil Plus. That's on Shelley who whoooo let the kids out?
Speaker 3: Gold extra gold plus for delivery.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I added a couple of extra Who's for him? Because I thought that was a good one.
Speaker 10: Blackboard in the USSR sivil plus word on Kathy and Roville.
Speaker 2: And Nope, we're not reading that one out totally unbroadcastable, which one of the producers put that for on air? All right, Jackie boy, who's getting the years free subscription of Disney plus who let the Kids Out? All right? You didn't put your name on it, but you with the mobile number that ends double zero nine your Today's winner. Title of today's show is make it rain Harder, Stay Safe. Thanks for listening. You're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Christians Hell The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast