Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Firms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. You are back with Flex and Frooms and FLEXI I have a story for you.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 1: It is from a source that I know. Oh the identity I will not reveal from the archives, but just know this is someone who is real and in life. She says. I've been hanging out with the guy for the past two months. We've done little dinner dates and hung out at both of our places for what I thought was a super casual relationship. He works in finance in brackets. It's giving a rich king. See you think that. But one recession, yea one.
Speaker 2: Count change. We're split into the scent.
Speaker 1: And he would occasionally buy me little presents, which I loved. I always spoke about how I love my independence and don't want anything serious. Last week he messaged me really upset as I matched with his best friend on a dating app boy and he thought we were being ex No. Not only that, but he had told his family about me and they were planning on meeting me when they visited from interstate. What this person's a sicko, He messaged me, saying, the one riding in all of them Yeah. He messaged me saying that he can't see me anymore because it's just too painful. But two days later he's changed his mind. Of course, I said, yes, this was seeing him because the sex is great. But I can't help but think I should end things. Is it bad if I just stay with him for the sex and the free gifts?
Speaker 2: They need to twenty four need to get on this, you know, at least Hulu, at least HBO. Because that went up and down, up and down, up and down.
Speaker 1: I was feeling it a little points.
Speaker 2: Chicks man, chicks are crazy. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get them initial thoughts.
Speaker 2: When I was younger, I really navigated dating in the way that I was like, if you have an issue with it, it's your problem. Wow, So you have to self regulate. If you want something more serious and I don't, and you choose to maintain a casual relationship with me, you know you want something more serious, it's your problem. Like, believe it. If you hurt your own feelings, you hurt your own feelings. Now I've grown up in mature it I have. I do think there's some mutual responsibility to not unnecessarily traumatize people. And in this case, I'd say, get your last couple, your couple bits in for sure, your last couple, you know the in, and then be like, you know what, Actually, based on the last couple of I can acknowledge that you want something more than I can offer. And I don't think it's really really fair. I think that you think that this could be chill. I'm just gonna nip it in the bud bud. But who knows and end it?
Speaker 1: For me, I feel like if I'm seeing someone and I know that they like me more than I like them, that's a great flag.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's.
Speaker 1: A red flag. No. I just feel like I feel like I have to end it. I don't like the idea of stringing people long because I feel like my attraction wanes if I think that it's too one sided.
Speaker 2: So when you say you know someone likes you more than you like them, you're assuming it's by a landslide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh okay, like my interest is waning, but I could continue for the intimacy. Right However, I'm just thinking this is really not I mean, it's not worth hurting someone's feelings.
Speaker 2: That's tricky because I've had some situations where I've assumed someone's way more intimate than I am into them, but they are just maybe a bit more like adept at showing like affectionate intimacy. So I was like, I'm good. You must be so keen because like you text regularly and you plan dates regularly, and they're like, I just treat you like a normal person, like relaxle, And I'm like, okay, sorry that was me. I was bringing my backage and I apologize. Is that at the door next time? Sorry? Yeah, it's tricky. Do you want?
Speaker 1: That's it? Do what you want?
Speaker 2: And yeah, time to go to it feels good and update us because we do love a little bit of chaos with our love, don't we.
Speaker 1: We do. You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms Daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.