Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't have dried rice. I'll let you know.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: The law of a skip No one can resist him.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four Pine three.
Speaker 5: Good morning us to question O'Connell's show Thursday morning. Come morning, Patsy haircuts. Yes, very very slick haircut, Patsy. I know I now will know why he's got that cut. The in laws are coming. Yeah, I am a tiny son in law. That problem, queen.
Speaker 3: He is trying to impress because he asked me for my contact at the Langham, because he wants to take.
Speaker 5: Hello. He's quick to snigger at you, Patsy, Andre and the team.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 5: Those flowers still looking beautiful, by the way, I know, well, are you going to take them to afternoon tea or the the buffet?
Speaker 6: I would love to. Yes, I haven't organized anything yet, jinxer.
Speaker 5: The only way you'll get it, by the way, is if you share the love on air, So start now.
Speaker 6: I honestly, and this is not for a free breakfast or anything, but I do love.
Speaker 5: The long we do. When we celebrated five years of the show, the three of us actually went there. It is very very nice. What have you got planned for the in laws?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 6: No, all my planning so far is honestly about getting ready for him. So I am cleaning the car today, I am cleaning the house top to bottom tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So stressful, isn't it? Because obviously now Sarah's mum lives here. So it's constantly whenever I get like a two or three day warning that she's come around to visit us, it's like a royal visit, the cleaning you have to do. And I'm like, do you know what? Why do we even care what she thinks? So more, she's lucky she snorked us out here. You think she has got the clue when I'm moving your daughter or any green kids the other side of the world. And then two years later she went checked mate goose, who's back? Shady's back. So it doesn't matter. She's lucky to have this luck out here. At least the god webs up, does it? Monname? What's she going to do? Chow me off? Now?
Speaker 6: The great thing about having Bianker's parents come, though, is last time they were here they did do a lot of babysitting, even overnight stays.
Speaker 5: Is a huge The least you could do a step to the buffet, and it is genuinely a beautiful buffet, there isn't it. So Patsy, you must be over the moon already came back. She'd been away for all of forty six hours.
Speaker 3: All is better and back to normally in my world, she's back from the wilderness, back from the deserts of camp and school camp and sleeping out under the stars in amongst the wild creatures and things.
Speaker 5: Oh this happened to this? This is some lovely message from Patsy's taught Aloradi about her experience at this camp and the deserts in the wilderness.
Speaker 8: One night at camp, we went to bare Foot Bowls. Oh yeah, No one was really playing it. We were kind of just messing around. And then it got too dark to walk back to camp, so the teachers had to drive us, and the teacher I got to turn the music up full blast and put all the windows down.
Speaker 5: So was she staying in an RSL?
Speaker 6: May it sound like she was in the middle of the wilderness?
Speaker 5: Jack? You know what the desert.
Speaker 3: I think we were. We had the wrong idea because I literally thought that they were camping on the sand at the beach. And then I find out that.
Speaker 5: No, maybe a sad at the RSL, you know Pops on Tuesday night, Palm and Pops ones, the kids are playing in a sand pit.
Speaker 3: I picked her up and I said, oh, how was it and she said, oh, we've stayed there before? And I said, what do you mean we've stayed there before? Turns out it was at the Big Four where we went this year.
Speaker 5: That's not a wilderness experience. What this season? Season nine? On alone at the Big Four?
Speaker 6: And I will all the shower stools be taken.
Speaker 5: Or the Wi fi still be on the blink? Who is that shady looking proprietor who looks like he's going to drink? Problem?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 3: Couldn't have been It was meant to be a camp And she goes, no, you know, mum with the big giant inflatable pillow and the indoor pool and the kiosk, and.
Speaker 5: I want to see sas next season, you know, not another string conditions they set that Big Four weerribee.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. I thought that they was still camping, but it was at the Big Four with like last slush.
Speaker 5: Glass is a cop out isn't it? Did she enjoy it? Though?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: She had the best time, had the best best time. She was exhausted last night, exhausted, hair was matted.
Speaker 6: Now she's on the trampoline the playground happy hour.
Speaker 3: She'd worn the same pair of socks the whole entire time, even though we packed her five pairs of socks.
Speaker 5: She had the same She's going to get through fives in forty eight hours, every twelve hours, but another pair of socks.
Speaker 3: I thought they were like drenching mangrove crops and.
Speaker 5: So bad, you think, weren't you. I'm some kind of wilderness experience with these young kids, a two day expedition in the wild before.
Speaker 10: Awesome Patsy The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: If you're a regular listener to this early part of the show, the Secret Hour, you'd I've heard over the last couple of days Patsy talking about, in fact, the last couple of weeks, the preparations, everything that was needed to get ready. There was one moment last week, Patsy, where you were talking about the medical jabs and inoculation that was needed to go.
Speaker 6: You honestly would have thought that Audie was walking the Kakoda Trail.
Speaker 7: Not so.
Speaker 5: Patsy picked her daughter up yesterday from a two day camp experience, and obviously you'd think out in the wilderness, the rewilding experience, as is the way these days, but it was a big four holiday park. We're just we're at the website. This place is Queenslive, which is a gorgeous area, right, there's nothing remote or wild about Queens Cliff. It's a really beautiful spot there. And when I come on this website, yoga classes.
Speaker 6: They've got everything you'd ever want.
Speaker 5: This is sort of you know, where we're give when we were giving away those big trips on a Friday, kristen Brook holiday experiences not that dissimilar to this. You know, they've got it. There's a tennis court, yes, I know, tennis courts, aren't it out in the bush and the willness tennis courts.
Speaker 6: Indoor adventure playground with ballpit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yoga classes, laundry. I love the fact that it says that non smoking accommodation is available if you if you winges, you know want you our guests not to have to smoke out here. But this is it was already in non smoking or you want to smoking by the way cut how kids, he says, they got a lot of pressure going on, you know, a couple of darts while they're away from mom and dad. What a slide. I want to go here.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 5: Also it lits under the amenities here a security boomgate as well. That's what you want when I want to stay right, I want to know you've got a security boom gate like the one we have here at work that if you notice that one's been ripped off for about three months, you know there's always something broken at wherever you work. Right, there's a security boom gate which I don't know. Some disgruntled employee must have just broken once when they were leaving this place. It's never worked in five and a half years. The it's the exit one though, there were someone so desperate to get out of this place smash through it. Normally you're smashing into place, don't you breaking into it? Here? They were so desperate to they broke through it. So did she have a nice time and hard not to?
Speaker 8: She did?
Speaker 5: She did?
Speaker 3: They went surfing, She thought that was brilliant, and rode bikes everywhere.
Speaker 6: And did they go surfing in the ocean or one of those waves.
Speaker 5: That indoor a pol chat. It was his teacher's rocking a bit. Okay, next kid.
Speaker 3: On, please, No, she had a fantastic time. That's a good thing about it is that the.
Speaker 5: First time she's allowed to be on a bicycle, because I know you don't like new technology like.
Speaker 3: That time she was a latter. But they did have to intervene at one point because she kept running into people's front fences. So no, she's had just had the best time.
Speaker 5: So are they back to school today?
Speaker 3: Back to school today? There'll be some tied kids. It was funny, she said. When they got back to school yesterday. One of the teachers stood up there, tutor group teacher, and she goes, I love you all. You know I do, but I've had enough. Now get off the bus and get out of.
Speaker 5: My two days. I'll tell you what, Patsy, when you picked up yesterday, those teachers look broken by all.
Speaker 3: Oh, completely braking your.
Speaker 5: Responsibility and worrying about what the temperature is of that indoor pool and whether they booked the tennis court. So what was the yoga cast at two or half two? The stress of all that, there must be a nightmare.
Speaker 4: We Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Next week Up for grabs every day is one thousand dollars or thanks to Cogan dot com their Black Friday sald now on Hurry soll ends Monday the twenty seventh. Check it out at Cogan dot com Clicking Awesome.
Speaker 6: So the game we're playing we try didn't give you anything there that.
Speaker 5: Was now you should do you know. I know it's early, but if I do it again, just go wow, yeah, that's it will go clicking one and then I can go clicking awesome. You heard me right, Let's go it again. Hurry Selling's Monday twenty seventh at Cogan dot com. Clicking awesome. Clicking what clicking awesome. Okay, So the game we're playing, it starts Monday. Two of you will come in live on the show take each other on again called Don't Panic.
Speaker 4: Don't Panic now.
Speaker 6: Don't I want to win a prize.
Speaker 5: I really want to win it all Christmas next month. So every single day next week, the winner wins one thousand dollars worth of Coger and products. How this works in the game is called don't Panic. Ten seconds on the clock, I give you an instant category you need to name as many items as you can within the ten seconds. However, it's some as easy as it sounds. It's called don't panic. Whilst his ten second countdown is counting down, we will be saying don't panic at you while you try and recount what the items are in that category. Why don't you and I test this now, Patsy. Okay, Patsy, I'm going to give you a category in a minute. I'll start the ten seconds and you just try and they're all easy categories, right, try and get this. They are one of these I think that produce a rio. Is things in the sky? Is it kids who played with next week? Or is it actual things in the sky? It doesn't You've had to type this out, check it, print it off, cut it up for me and put it in this And where do we get this type of box of sadness from? This is not clicking awesome coming quickly so as a clicking clicking it has to be tying up for Monday team. Okay. In fact, Patsy, let's go with things in the sky. Case things in the sky. So you and I going to go or do we do panic?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 5: Right? Panic?
Speaker 11: Pan?
Speaker 5: Patsy did go ten seconds things in the sky, good luck, panic, cloud.
Speaker 3: Stars, Jean Sun aeroplanes, birds, rommets.
Speaker 6: Eleven wind what wind is in the up in the sky it.
Speaker 5: Is, don't hate the game one things in the sky is he is. They're not doing that on a million dollar question for a millionaire hot seat. Things in the sky so thing you asked a seven year.
Speaker 6: Old eddio looking sea clouds.
Speaker 5: So, Patsy, I'm about to get this one. This needs to get better for Monday.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm glad we do these tests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So, Patsy, I'm about to give Jackie Boy his category. You and I will go panic, panic panic. You got it? Yeah, yeah, jack your category. You have ten seconds. Things are blue.
Speaker 3: The Blue Men panic panic.
Speaker 5: Pho. Well the moment he said Blue Man group, when didn't we hurt the blue question? This Millennia shout out to the Blue Man Group? Where are they right now? I'm looking forward to this clicking awesome guys. Anyway, So if you want to come in next week and play, you're going to be playing in the studio where there's one thousand dollars up for grabs everything all day to spend on cogain dot com. Give us a call now nine four one four one o four three clicking awesome, clicking what clicking awesome? Tie it up.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, I was stuck in traffic and the car in front of me all that was as ute was his logo. He was a corker and his number plate is regio was Cork one. So I wonder if other people have got car edgers that are related to their jobs. You ever look into this, They get like news zero one or something.
Speaker 6: Portant, and then as soon as he's got that, he'll be so happy because you can't have cork two or three. I don't want to get the second best corker in the city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was thinking he must be very proud of that he's the number one corka in the whole city. Perhaps you never thought about getting like news sound one or anything.
Speaker 3: It costs a fortune, does it?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 3: To go to vic Roads and get a personalized plate ain't cheap.
Speaker 5: I know now I know what to get you for your birthday. Actually, I'm going to get your news or acrop one.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I'd like that.
Speaker 5: I thought you might deny it through fake modesty.
Speaker 6: But no, absolutely not and then maybe we could get the acro trophy that you got on the front of your park.
Speaker 5: Some people have the Virgin Mary or something, you know, the religious artwer fact that she's that is to perhaps be a shrine to herself and the actress.
Speaker 6: I saw a great one actually recently. I took a photo of it to show you guys, because Bianker and I were arguing over whether we thought that it was in good taste or not. I saw a hearse that had the.
Speaker 5: Number plate No, no, no, no, no, you're kidding me, not postalized red SIHO.
Speaker 6: Six feet Oh no, really think that's a bad taste?
Speaker 5: Yes you think you know?
Speaker 6: To bery Nan, everybody at the graveside, it's like, oh six feet under, Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, it's a moment of brevity and solemnity, isn't it. It's not for a cheeky bit of bands. No, because they're all dressed somber. The car's in black, everyone's in black, and that it's a somber moment. Six feet is just too clip.
Speaker 6: And the guy filling out that, like the format VicRoads, he's had a lot of chances for people to go. I don't think this is a good taste. I know I want to pay top dollars cuts.
Speaker 5: I think people in the who are morning need just a little bit of humor like this and this as they see it. So that's the actual hearse that carries a coffee.
Speaker 3: Real didn't have fluffy dice as well, didn't.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: So it's your number plate related to to your job as your car regiro related to your job. You have stuck behind cork one big old and navarre utes from a corker. Jack's one is unbelievable. You've actually got photographic evidence of it.
Speaker 6: It's a blackhearst with the number plate six feet It.
Speaker 5: Just that is one where you don't have a little bit of bounds. The rest of the jobs are the anything is up for grabs, but that one needs to be protected. The cars look different to any other car. They have a coffin in them with a dead family member that isn't your own family member. Christian, I saw a number plate on compo. It was a Ferrari Christian. My Dan's number plate is mister grump my mom and I got it for him as a president. Does he know has he been driving around love with it for years. It's so sort of prank. Let's go to Colin here. Good morning, Colin, Hello, hello Colin.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good eight Colin.
Speaker 5: Colin. Does you cart Regiro anything to do with your job?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure is. We're concretors.
Speaker 11: My nephew has mister Conk.
Speaker 5: Perfect, mister Conk. It's memorable, aren't they? Mister Conk is great. Took a kid's TV character. Mister it comes mister Conk. And are they? Patsy thinks they're expensive to get these personalized plates from vict Roads.
Speaker 11: They started four ninety five and they go up from there, depending on the style or the shape that you want or color.
Speaker 5: Gotcha all right, Colin, thank you very much? You cool? Good, Thank you. Poker Face. It's the radio version of poker face. Not get anything out for me. It's the bare minimum here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good eye Christian he mister by the.
Speaker 5: Way, Andy, no, no great? Yeah ever? Really kicking goals today, Andy, Andy Carret you in your job? What if you've got for a handy?
Speaker 7: Yeah. I run a landscaping business.
Speaker 1: And one of my truck's got escape on it and the other one's got scaping like it.
Speaker 5: See they both want I think that we're missing out. It's not anything radio related. Andy, thank you very much. You give us a call mate.
Speaker 7: Have a good day, no worries, guys, have a good day.
Speaker 5: But Greg, good morning, Greg.
Speaker 7: How are we?
Speaker 5: I'm good Greg? Have you having a good week so far? Now I understand you've got a couple of these personalized plates to do with your job, Greg, Yes.
Speaker 7: Heavy day.
Speaker 6: I escort oversize lies all around Australia with a hill cards and I've got about probably fat number plates in relation to that.
Speaker 7: I've got heavy blood long, Yeah, got the gamut of them.
Speaker 5: Gamma. There's a word you don't hear often on the radio. What a shame? I love it? Oh cam it that's used that word there, Greg, So what do they say? Just large, heavy, wide.
Speaker 12: And yeah we yes caught stuff or either Australia and yeah, get comments on them all the time.
Speaker 6: Is there any word that you wanted that you couldn't get that was already taken? Like oversize now chicken.
Speaker 5: Out quite frequently and I've probably got about ten of this dying sets and number points and.
Speaker 7: What goes on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd be like bitcoin to be honest. Yeah, the expensive.
Speaker 6: I've lost too many relationships over them.
Speaker 5: Gotcha?
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you very much, Greg, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: What a treat then A brilliant stand up comedian. Irish comedian Dara O'Brien is here in Melbourne tonight. He's at the Art Center Melbourne, is playing Hamer Hall. He's paid him many times over the years. Some of you might know there's a fantastic British weekly comedy show called Mock the Week. Dara has been the outstanding host over the last fifteen years for that. So I'm not the only fan of Dara O'Brien around the world. My dad's a huge fan. Last year I got on tickets to go and see Dara's show that you can see tonight. Dara. Before we actually catch up, I need to apologize because I know my dad actually became part of your show last year.
Speaker 13: There's a man in the audience. I'm working the room. Boom, what do you do? Wow? I go, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 5: The name is Liam?
Speaker 13: Liam?
Speaker 5: Is Liam?
Speaker 13: How you Liam? And then Liam stops and goes wait, I said, what. I'm Christian O'Connell's dad. And the offer of this is as possibly as a human shield.
Speaker 6: Please, you know my son.
Speaker 5: So he eff actually stopped you dead in your flow and try it brought unnecessary information. That is my dad. That's my relationship my dad. That's a kid.
Speaker 13: You'd be like if you're gone, I know your mother and I go, she's got here. This isn't helping the show.
Speaker 5: I know you turned fifty last year. I hit fifty this year. How are your fifties treating you?
Speaker 13: I'm okay with fifty. I mean I liked fifty as a number because there's a solid yes, yeah, it's an Innings forty. It stopped me having a party the COVID thing because of the timing of us meant we could have a bash because I really wanted to make a speech of fifty, because I think the speech of fifty is probably the last unconditionally great speech you can make. Because the speech is sixty.
Speaker 5: What's was going to happen at sixty?
Speaker 13: At some point it wash you're turning to a different woman and going, hey, just wanting.
Speaker 5: To thank you, you know, I want to.
Speaker 13: I want to think Rora has been with me some difficult times, you know, but I didn't think it was the last. Clear It's all been great, can we just.
Speaker 5: Go like bank, so tell me about the new show. Then you're.
Speaker 13: The show is actually show's got a story to it. The show's got a real kind of a bit of a hard to have a thing to it because normally come here with the bang bang bang and the funny, funny, funny, and there's loads of that.
Speaker 5: Just call the next show that, by the way, bang bang bang with funny, funny, funny.
Speaker 13: Musical honestly, because this one has a kind of a you know, there's a bit of a kind of an emotional thing with Eli. It's the family story. It's an adoption story to finding.
Speaker 5: So you are you now talking about that? You know you're talking about that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And that's what kind of turned out to be when it did the whole thing trying to be an amazing story. We have these weird twists and stuff like that, like there, and so it trying to be really interesting to do this because.
Speaker 5: So if people don't know anything about it, you just sound amazing. Is it going to give anything a wife from the show.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, let me hold back the thing from within it. But like I did do the search for all that, like and they're.
Speaker 5: Going to wonder what you're searching for the search for calm.
Speaker 13: No, no, for myself. I turned out I was there all along. It was for my birth mother.
Speaker 5: And what made you do it? Was it turning a certain age, or heading a certain age, or just something you felt.
Speaker 13: Like weirdly, they went to a film. I went to see Philamine Steve Coogan. Steve Coogan film Beautiful about about the mother who gave the child up never knew what happened.
Speaker 5: So you want to find out your biological mother's version of the story.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but no, no more than I wanted to just let her know that it was okay. Oh wow, worked out all right.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm definitely I'm going to come along and see the show. I really want to hear the full story. Tar. It's an amazing thing to do.
Speaker 13: I'd love to have you there and then sit in the front.
Speaker 5: You know my dad, you know, just see.
Speaker 13: You high fiving your father across the globe.
Speaker 7: Boom.
Speaker 13: We screwed him up both times.
Speaker 5: Daryl, Thank you very much for joining us.
Speaker 13: An absolute pleasure. Yes, honestly, I love coming back to I've doing this for twenty years. I dure it like whatever, So I want just another brilliant night now, but I'm really looking forward to awesome.
Speaker 4: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get into this Who eat? So what the Facts? Your home for your facts on nine four one four one o four three done.
Speaker 4: Fat is a little segment where we will judge your fat.
Speaker 5: What the fact baby? What the fat baby? All right? You jump on air nine four one four one oh four three. You give us your facts. We have a listen, we gred it. What you don't want to hear is crickets.
Speaker 4: Up from that mildly interesting.
Speaker 5: And then every week we search for the Holy Girl. Fascinating. All right. A couple of ones that have come in already, Karen, Domestic cats can drink salty water.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 5: As a cat owner and love. Really, when a person dies, their sense of hearing. I didn't know this. Their sense of hearing is the last to go oh wow, that is spooky. So what you could still hear?
Speaker 6: So you could be in the room and go, oh, no, grandpa's dead.
Speaker 5: Good, Grandpa's dead. I can't say because I'm dead, but I'm here. God, this is awkward.
Speaker 7: I love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's very good, Mary, thank you very much. Andrew. In space, astronauts are unable to cry because there is no gravity and the tears won't flow. Oh, this feels like the lyrics to an Ed Shearing song called space Man.
Speaker 6: Why didn't you tell us you are sad? Space?
Speaker 5: I tried, no cried in space. Astronauts aren't able to cry. This is heartbreaking because there's no gravity and the tears won't flow.
Speaker 6: You know, as a baby, I was unable to cry and I had to get an operation for them to unpricked my tear duck so that tears could flow.
Speaker 3: Spaceman, Jack, can you every day with you? I swear to God.
Speaker 5: Did we unfold the mystery of Jack every single day?
Speaker 4: Fascinating?
Speaker 5: Yeah? For Andrew and also Jack. Fascinating. Patsy, did you know called a cam Elvis press? He was a natural blonde? Yes, I did know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He used to color his hair, his eyebrows. Everything should have been black headed because it suited him, not blonde. What was his first movie where he was a cowboy? He was kind of blonde in that was he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, I can't think of the name of it.
Speaker 6: The Love God?
Speaker 3: Text me? What was that movie he was in?
Speaker 5: Not to Love God, not you? That's that's a separate thing. You have told you before.
Speaker 6: It has to run a lot of errands, but I didn't think it got that.
Speaker 5: That's the worst one of you. That's the one with the knee pants. Isn't you have to go and get from Bunnings? Stop?
Speaker 3: Its married woman? Thank you?
Speaker 5: Okay, where were we? Oh? I know where we were? Fascinating, gotcha, Leo? Good morning?
Speaker 11: Yes, good morning, Christian, Jack and Pat's excuse the voice. I'm my homestick with COVID this week.
Speaker 5: Fascinating.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 11: That's a way to say. I just wanted to to say that. The let you know that the character from Paul Kelly Song to her Door who's making his way back to his family is the same character who nine years later is in jail writing out to make gravy.
Speaker 5: You're kidding. So it's Joe, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's Joe?
Speaker 11: Yeah, nine years later it's in jail.
Speaker 5: This is one of my favorites. Fascinating. I did not know that. So, so who's gonna make the great So it's Joe's in prison, a better wild place. Same, it's the same fellow who's classic Misshid on that pig, Joe on the pig that's why he's in prison. Didn't have a pig per, Victor Leo. I hope you're feeling better, mate, but that is a great fascinating fact. Thank you very much, and you look after yourself. Dal Good morning, doubt.
Speaker 7: Hey, first, are you going there?
Speaker 5: We go slick slick. This is a slick oil production.
Speaker 7: I was daydreaming. Sorry.
Speaker 5: We all do different times and places, but Sandy Fate has lined us both up together.
Speaker 6: This is where we are.
Speaker 5: These are the only I was a non crying spaceman. I Sandy can cry. Now tell what is your fact for us? Mate?
Speaker 7: My fact is that snails have between two thousand and fourteen thousand teeth, and there's a sea snaile called the Olympics. It has twenty thousand teeth, and these are arranged in like lines across their tongue, and they move forward and say we're out. Yeah. The material of their teeth is the hardest bier to call material on earth.
Speaker 5: We're all having a little chucolate today and it was all good so far. The hardest I thought that was a spider's web. The silk from a spider's web can snap off a man's head five times.
Speaker 7: Harder than that.
Speaker 5: Good to go to the five times harder.
Speaker 7: And they say it's it's harder than titanium as well, and they say that under pressure in some studies it could form diamonds and so hard.
Speaker 6: So scientists got bidden on the he's trying to count the teeth and he got bit and he's like.
Speaker 5: Oh that is hat. Yeah, why don't they give an old people sort of instead of titanium limbs which lost a lot of money, snell teeth hips You you have tiny these things, Yeah, a lot of them. We've got to farm and crush up together with a pestle and mortar.
Speaker 7: Well, it's rang to say that because when these limports prew it's like concrete.
Speaker 5: Second toughest biological material after those teeth.
Speaker 6: Four tiers.
Speaker 5: Now, I've got to ask you, right, how do you know so much this time in the morning about snails and their teeth.
Speaker 7: It popped up one day on Facebook, so I decided to go in and look at it and see if it was true or not.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love I love the fact it stayed with you ever since until this moment. No need to dangeram any more, my friends, there's dreams have become reality deal. I'm going to send you a prize. That's that's a great one. Thank you very much to give us all mote.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: One of your facts earlier today and what the facts was about how in space you can't cry. The lack of gravity, there's nothing to draw the tears down and out. Christian. If we just talk about astronauts can't cry, this is true. My son saw the Canadian astronaut commanded Chris Hadfeld speak and explain he got something in his eye on a spacewalk. You try to wash it away with tears. But as your fact says, tears don't flow. So as I swelled up and he went blind temporarily on the spacewalk, and then his thorough training got him back inside where the swelling could be reduced and his vision came back. That's an amazing story.
Speaker 6: But being in space or not, you don't wash things out of your eye with tears. How do you do that?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Maybe that's part of the training.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they make yourself cry and the mess.
Speaker 5: They're watching put some books. I'm telling you, all right, So yesterna show, I was talking about how I have a very basic kitchen one on one problem trying to cook rice, and there were lots of different things for some of the so simple. Actually there's about of one hundred different ways of cook rice. I don't realize you actually made a simple thing even more complicated. But one of you called in and said, actually, what my secret is is I use stock. I use a chicken stop, which really adds to the flavor of the rice. So everyone loves to share a secret, whether it's cooking or whatever you've got, Please shout up with us this morning on nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 6: You got one Jackie, a girl I dated out of high school. You land her taught me this add a dash of orange juice to your scrambled eggs for exra.
Speaker 5: Zest wow zesty relationship.
Speaker 6: It was fleeting, but it was zesty fascinating.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll try that out. By the way, my daughters showed me a tip that she got her secret and new seg for scrambled eggs is you you beat the eggs in a sieve and then it drained into the dish underneath and it gets with all the little flaky bits. So what you have is a very reduced eggy kind of sauce to make your scrambled eggs. Can they get through the city, Yes, Oh yes, a sieve seems like a great bouncer. Someone desimers that goes, no, you're not coming through into a scrambled egg mix. Christian Best tip ever? This comes from cafe. I'm not sure that's the best tip ever. That's not the name of the feature. By the way, that's all three w Best tip ever peanut butter gets chewing gum out of hair, no cutting required. I mean best tip ever would be one you frequently use. When was the last time? I mean it must have got peanut butter in our bangs. Joanna, place a toothpick in your mouth whilst chopping onions like those spacemen. No more tears, No more tears.
Speaker 6: What does the toothpick do?
Speaker 5: I've got no idea. I use the swimming goggles. It works every time.
Speaker 6: No, you don't put swinging gos yep, very sensitive ice. Another one I tried was someone said that you put a slice of bread in your mouth and.
Speaker 5: Come on and then it's all that X and that fleeting game used to play with the old vinegar strokes, whatever it was.
Speaker 6: It catches all the onion fumes and then it's it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Easy to put swimming goggles on the kitchen jack.
Speaker 3: You get the dishcloth when you do onions, and it soaks up there all the fumes. What do you put it just right next to where you're chopping it on the chopping board?
Speaker 5: That does not. Try it like some kind of shield is going to sacrifice itself.
Speaker 3: Up all the fumes. And when you're painting talking onions, if you're painting and you hate that overpowering smell, just peel an onion, chop it in half, put it on a plate.
Speaker 5: In the corner of the stink of horrible.
Speaker 3: So, No, it doesn't. It soaks up the paint fumes, Trust me, it does.
Speaker 5: Onion versus paint. I don't. What do you do with the tea towel? You still need that?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: Okay? Gotcha? Gail Robneat washing up liquid onto grease strains on t shirts, et cetera. Before you wash them in, The stains come straight out. Calan not produce the most animated I've seen in morning about this one?
Speaker 7: Did you see it?
Speaker 5: She was actually Poe going up and down going. It draws this, this works, it draws it.
Speaker 6: This very shirt I had had a grease stain on it.
Speaker 5: Now look at it. Patsy. She told us on Saturday night she went out to a pizza restaurant and speak spilt the entire pizza trying to eat. She's in Queensland. Why eat it in one and go, oh god, I don't believe it's gone over my head again. Susan fly spray to remove black permanent marker from hard services. Would plastic at set your works every time? This is great? What's your secret? Cal Bryer?
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Quest, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: So what's your secret? You invest a little bit of money in a Dynamo label maker, you'll get a return on that many times over. My friends, you'll go around the house and so often in are busy on demand lives. You're rushing around. You don't know where the headache tablets are, or maybe some stomach relief pills. What I do is I get old takeaway cartoons and then label them because they're obviously c three. You put them in a cupboard and all your various medicines are labeled up. I've got like allergy relief brain stuff. There is actually on called brain stuff. I don't know what to put uns for headache tablets.
Speaker 6: It's headache.
Speaker 5: It's like Forrest Gump has come around on it. Brain stuff. So the brain these stuff going in the brain and make a headache go away, all right. The number one thing, by the way, that people are sharing various theories and secrets about, is how to stop us crying when you're chopping onions. Now, I keep the onions in the fridge because I was told that's the best place to keep them. But that does not lower their potency to bring on the tears. I can't see how that one works. Derek was just texted that one in. But you say, Kaitlyn is just running with her one, which she thinks is better than yours. Patsy about the tea towel, Caitlyn, So what is it? What do you need to do?
Speaker 14: So, Patsy's right, the fumes that come.
Speaker 5: Out of the by the way, inspect the gadget. What's going on with the mac you're you're wearing for the entire show today? Looks like you're about to rush off and solve a crime. Have you seen it? She's got this very nice today, very stylish.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Patsy.
Speaker 5: But we're indoors. It's like we're playing dress up? Is that mum?
Speaker 7: Or?
Speaker 3: Dad's how cold it is in here? It's freezing.
Speaker 6: You need to jack And he's the exact couple that inspected gadget a little hey, gadget, what do we do with onions?
Speaker 5: So what you do?
Speaker 6: We paper a towel.
Speaker 14: You wear a full paper towel and you play next to you chop in the onions and it will draw the fumes towards it, which is exactly what Patsy says.
Speaker 5: It's an extractor.
Speaker 3: It's an extractor.
Speaker 5: Wet paper towel next to the onions.
Speaker 14: Correct, It'll work every single time. I've done it for two years.
Speaker 5: Thank you, inspector. All right, let's go to lines right now nine four one four one o four three more than Judy.
Speaker 15: Hello, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? How are you? Are you okay?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 15: I know I'm just getting over a chest infection and COVID and.
Speaker 5: Working its way through your chest at the moment I know it is.
Speaker 15: It's awful. First day back at work. After three weeks.
Speaker 6: Anyway, he takes some wet paper towel next to you, and it'll suck the virus out.
Speaker 15: I had something especially for you, Christian. You must be a tea drinker. I am my chips to you. Is no more missy tea bags. When you going to take the tea bag out of your cup, you just lift it up. You tap it again inside of your cup left, right, left, No drips, no miss no squeezing.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is something I can try live. You got a cup of tea in front of me.
Speaker 5: Get ready right now, Jack Post, How hard am I tapping?
Speaker 15: You're just tapping the tea bag.
Speaker 5: Okay, smashing that thing like it's a wrecking ball.
Speaker 6: No, oh god, for the first time he's got dry bags. I did not expect that to work.
Speaker 5: I got to say, well, that is genius. That's awesome.
Speaker 11: About that.
Speaker 5: I've been drinking tea all my life. I've never known a.
Speaker 15: Friend told me that, and I've done it ever since. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 5: That is great. I love it. Well listen, good luck back at work today, and thanks for giving a pleasure. So left right, left again. He knows what that works. Brendan good morning. Good morning Christian, Good morning, Brendan. Now what is your secrets? Captain James T. Kirk?
Speaker 12: I have the perfect boiled egg for the summer salads. So place your eggs into a sauceman with cold water, bring to the boil slowly on.
Speaker 7: A low to medium heat.
Speaker 16: Once they get to the boil, turn the sorceman off and just let them sit there and cool in the water until you're able to handle them, and then show them and you'll have the perfect boiled egg for your summer salads.
Speaker 6: This is a secrets.
Speaker 5: I've got's the world's worst kept secret. I think I found it out on day one when I was born.
Speaker 7: You don't want that nice grave it around here in the.
Speaker 5: Perspective, we're not accepting this. It's a secret, friend.
Speaker 6: My secret is two slices of bread into a toasta, leave it for four minutes, come back and you've got toes this.
Speaker 5: My secret is washing up liquid on dirty plates. Get so what is the grueling?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 5: We master of the secrets. Brendan. There, thank god we had that cool team.
Speaker 6: Hard to follow that?
Speaker 5: Please try Santo?
Speaker 1: Oh I, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Santo? Santo? What is your secret for us.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got a tip for a good ball and a sauce of it, old gold, dark chocolate.
Speaker 5: Dark chocolate in there? What is it the sugar in it? What is it? The balances out there?
Speaker 1: So what does it adds a bit of a hint of the dark troper taste of the sauce. But it also like it's like a thick enough as it melts, so right at the ends about four to six box, little box, and yeah it does wonders to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, four to six squares.
Speaker 5: Bloody hell, that's a really chocolate chocolate one percent tomato.
Speaker 7: Lovely.
Speaker 5: It's an Easter spag boll.
Speaker 1: What of its taste?
Speaker 7: Whatever?
Speaker 5: Like in to your taste? Xanto, Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Christian Connell Show Podcast, Christian.
Speaker 5: When you are ill with a bacterial in affection, cut an onion in half and leave it in the room you're in. It will absorb the bacteria in the air. Feels that we're going back to drink bleach and sort of trump era and early covid an onion, all these various viruses going around right now. All chemists Warehouse need to do it. Starts selling onions account all right, let's go to who we got here? Alisha, good morning, Hi guys, how are you? We're good, Alisia, welcome to the show. So last twenty minutes then people been sharing their secrets. What have you got for us?
Speaker 17: I've got a good one. I think it's a helpful one. When I work in the dental industry, my advice is when you brush your teeth, do not rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
Speaker 5: Just spit out.
Speaker 17: Any excess toothpaste and leave the toothpaste on your teeth to work its wonders. So a regular toothpaste has fluoride in it. If you rinse out, you wash it all away. And if you're someone who's using a sensitive toothpaste again, you wash it away. So just leave the toothpaste on there.
Speaker 6: Okay, to work very minty though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's quite a thick sort of cooking on your teeth, isn't it. Start kissing your partner with it. It's all chalky on.
Speaker 17: There a toothpaste that you're using. But otherwise, if you're washing out your mouth with water, you're just rinting it all the way. You're not going to get any benefits from it whatsoever.
Speaker 5: But wouldn't some of the residu you stay behind the stuff that needs to stay behind, and that's what you want.
Speaker 17: You want there is a little bit of residue on your teeth. Fit out any excess so that you're comfortable and away you go.
Speaker 5: But don't some of the chemicals wouldn't They then soak into your gums, get into your bloodstream and do nasty stuff to me while I sleepy.
Speaker 17: No, well that's why you split out the excess. So, I mean, you know a lot of people use their mouth rints and they're horrendous to you. That's going to soak in. But the toothpaste is like you know, you're talking such a small amount anyway, but enough to benefit the teeth and not enough to be harmful. You're not ingesting it.
Speaker 5: Mouthwash?
Speaker 17: No good, no, no, don't waste your time and money.
Speaker 3: I use one daily twice.
Speaker 5: Aw is judge people if I go in they've got that. I think they've got stinky breath. Just improved.
Speaker 4: Thank you well, Christian Connell's show podcasts.
Speaker 5: So we really need your help. And it's not us on the show, it's actually a lot of children sadly in Melbourne. Over the last couple of if you've been listening to a show and you've been part of the journey that they're on. There's one charity that you actually one of you told us about called Backpacks of It Kids, and it's a really, really really small charity run mainly by the kindness and generosity of volunteers, and they do an amazing thing. The reason why they call Backpacks of It Kids is children who are taken into care for their own wellness and safety, they get them a small backpack. Each backpack costs about seventy dollars, but the real value to a kid who must be scared and feeling really overwhelmed is that someone somewhere thinks of them and it gives them some basics and I'm talking like pencils, pens, a book in there, just basic stuff like that. So it takes about seventy five bucks to put these packs together, and over the last couple of years, you guys have kindly generated over three hundred thousand dollars, which is a huge amount of money. And I am aware that you know Melbourne, there's no city in the world that suffered more than the lockdowns, And sadly, one of the amazing women that work there for are backpacks of it. Kids called me yesterday, Sally, and she was, you know, sometimes in life you feel almost embarrassed to be asking for help. She called me yesterday evening and I said, what is it? Because they're such an amazing charity. We'll always do anything we can for them. And she said, now, I actually was really sad to hear this, and I think you all will, right, she said this amazing fact yesterday she said that actually they need three thousand or what they call these Canti packs. So these Canti packs are for kids who this Christmas aren't going to be at home. They're not going to be with their families. They are in they're in care for their own safety. A lot of they're in foster homes. And she was telling me about one family who've taken in just the last ten days, three different kids from three different families. Right, that's how bad the situation is. The situation is so bad because the high interest rates, because a lot of families just haven't been able to get on safe ground coming out of COVID. So there's no judgment here, however, that these kids are it's a huge number of them. I didn't realize it was so far high. I had no idea. So Sally said, at the moment, there are three thousand children they're trying to get these Centti packs too, right, three thousand is a huge, huge amount of children who are going to go without one simple Christmas present this year. Sally said, it's so bad Christian. By the end of today, that number, based on how quickly is going up every single day. This is just today, so it's ten past eight. Now, by the end of today that number will be five thousand children. Five thousand children who simply won't get a little Christmas present this year. So it cost them thirty five dollars and they literally go out and about their go to the shops to put these packs together. So I know some people are reluctant with charity. So he is paying for a lot of sort of middle management who owning you know, big salaries to do not a lot. You want the money, you want your bang for buck. You want to know whatever money you're going to give over this year, if you can give and donate, it's going to have a real impact. I promise you, and on heart, I wouldn't be coming to you a couple of weeks before Christmas asking for money unless I could guarantee that as much of your money does go to those kids. So it's thirty five dollars for one of these little they call them center packs at the moment. Then they've managed to get sixteen hundred, which is amazing. The money has just run out. There's no more money, so there's no more of these little Cunti packs. They really want to try and meet the three thousand, so that's double the amount at the moment, but there are going to be over five thousand by the end of today. So I really didn't want to be in this situation where we're asking you for money so near to Christmas, because I'm aware that a lot of you actually listening probably had quite a tough time and you're worried about yourself. So if you can't donate, you can't donate. So that's okay. If you can give anything, whether that's ten bucks, twenty bucks, you can do the thirty five bucks and know that that is one these Canti backs. That is amazing. So the place to go if you can donate, and we really appreciate the time of the year and also just how scary times are at the moment with the cost of living and issuant rises, but you appreciate you know, we're lucky to have this platform on the show. When I heard that yesterday about the three thousand that was yesterday evening going up to five thousand tonight, I really want to do something, so I hope you don't mind us asking you for money, whether that is twenty bucks, thirty bucks. If you can donate, go on the page and just leave your name so we can do small thing, which is say thank you on the show. So the place you go to is the Christian O'Connor Show dot com dot au and just thirty five dollars. I know for some of you it's too much. You won't be able to do anything because you're worried about Christmas and some are coming up. But if you can thirty five dollars will make a real difference to a lonely, scared child this year. That number five thousand by the end of day is a lot of kids. Let's try and help out as many as we can. The Christian o'connorll Show dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So whatever you can give that every thirty five dollars is a Santa pack to one poor kid who won't have any Christmas presents this year. Breaks your heart. At the moment, it's around the thousand children who will go without a Christmas present this year, and by the end of today, it's nothing but heartbreaking to hear that, and a big city like this that five thousand, that's gonna be five thousand children. So every little backpack, these Santi packs, that this amazing charity packs for VIC kids. Sally and all their amazing team, and maybe they've been listening right now. She called me last night, Sally from the charities, and she was in tears. She said, I feel really embarrassed you your listeners are given so much. There's no money, she said, literally said, we don't know what else to do. So at the moment, just in the last couple of minutes, bless you everyone who's donated. And if I know there's a lot of generous businesses that listen and support the show and what we do. If you can donate in any way, that would make such a huge difference. Right now, I just remember the money is going straight to these little center packs for these kids who if they don't get these packs. They're not getting anything. There's nothing under the tree for them for this Christmas. So if you can, if you want to remain anonymous as well, I know some businesses have done that before, that's absolutely great. You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au if you want to donate and you want to remain anonymous, that's totally understandable'll we totally respect that. So this is incredible. So only a couple of minutes ago we mentioned this. If you go to the Christian O'Connell's show dot com dot au. I'm just clicking re fresh right now, it's already up to almost two thousand dollars. So every thirty five.
Speaker 6: Clicker for USh again I got, I got five seven hundred. Now it's the total amount already.
Speaker 5: What eight hundred? Thank you so much too, Liz Crawford, hoping this helps with by joy to a child at Christmas time anonymous. Thank you very much for your seventy pounds, and that's two kids up and out there. Brad Morgan. The thought of a kid having no reason to be excided about Christmas morning is too sad. I hope this helps Brad, it really does. Bless you. Thank you very much. Andrea Lawrence anonymous. If you want to remain anonymous, it's great, but know that we're thanking you. Belinda Tenancis maybe cry this morning. Well unto Sally in all the volunteers yet honestly they're incredible. Rose d thank you very much, David tunks Chrissy Mack, thank you very much. Kid them coming then head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. Most important thing to know is every thirty five dollars that we managed to raise from your big arty generations is an excellent little Christmas present for someone who otherwise what be going on The Christian o'connells show dot com dot au.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much everyone who has responded. Just in the last twenty minutes when we had nothing, it's now over just over twenty six thousand, six hundred dollars, which is incredible. So every single thirty five dollars means that one of these well, by the end of the day, sadly it will be five thousand kids who won't have a Christmas present this year. And these children I've been taken into care basically for their safety and wellness. The situation is that bad in Melbourne because of what's happened in the city over the last couple of years. So there's an amazing, very very very small but super powerful charity run by some very very kind hearted volunteers like Sally who called me Yes Saintiers saying the money's run out. They need to get around six thousand of these packs. Six thousand packs actually means six thousand children and they've run out after sixteen hundred. There's no more money. So what you're doing at the moment, the almost thirty thousand is everything to that charity, and it really means it's everything to those children that you're helping out every single thirty five dollars And thank you so much because some of you are donating on behalf of your family. I'm aware of a lot of you on the school run right now and the a lot of kids who get mum and dad who head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. That's where you donate the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. You be taken to the Michael's website where you can leave a message there so we can thank you like you, Sandra Warren. Paying for two of these Santa gift backs means two kids are getting a Christmas present this year. That without your seventy dollars, Sandra Warren, that wouldn't happen. Sandy, thank you very much. Where's Harry, Flora, Hannah and our war the war family all on the school run right now. Thank you very much from you for your very generous donation. Melissa, Dear Christian, Thank God, there's still beautiful people in the world. There is, like Yum Thenda. Thank you very much, Shane. No kids should go without a Christmas present at Christmas. Thank you very much, Shane Christian. This has made me cry this morning. But Jenny, thank you very much for doing something. I'm sorry for your tears, but thank you for doing something. Jenny empowered hr whoever you are, Thank you very much. Three hundred and fifty dollars. That's ten kids. Thank you so much. Of companies want to do this, I urge you to whatever plugs you want from me, you can email me if you want a bigger one, I'd gladly give it to you. As long as you can support what we want to do as much as you can donate. Head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au.
Speaker 6: Thank you to Kaylee and Aliana. May all the wonderful children who receive your Christmas pack have a merry Christmas and remember how much they are thought of and loved. Thank you to Daniel Odd. I want to have the young children believe in themselves and dream big things about themselves. They can do anything. And lots of love from Dan. And then from young Jude Ferris. It's my sixth birthday today and I'd like to give back to another little boy or girl.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Jude Ferris, and thank you so much having such a big heart. That's awesome. Keep you coming. Then the Christian O'Connell show dot com Today you.
Speaker 10: Look Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Anonymous. Thank you to Kirsten Christine Kennedy, Lisa Collins. We have four kids of our own who always have no enjoy it Christmas. I want others to have that as well. Lisa Collins, thank you very much. You got four kids, you're donating three hundred and fifty. Thank you very very much, and also shout out to five hundred dollars to the team at vikon Non Destructive Digging Geelong. Vikon Non Destructive Digging Geelong. Another fact they put it in there twice. Why not if you donating that generously, you can have double the plugs. That is, shout out to vikon non Destructive Digging. I thought digging has to be destructive. It has to be destructive, tickling, coaxing? How again?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 8: How again?
Speaker 5: That so out of the ground? What do you want to vikon? All right? On the time Wasted Day? Tickets double bass to go and see Jerry Seinfeld. It's coming to Australia again next year, doing two nights here in Melbourne in June. Tickets go on sell tomorrow from Ticketech will sell out very quickly. Win a double past with us on a time waster Today, we're looking for your athlete songs. Have you gone?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm happy with mine. You've been busy this morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The excuses are starting already now. These are these are These are gold medalist journey. These are top of the podium athlete songs. I'll tell you what the athletes are listening to. Wake me up before you're an awdo silver medal, love Shack.
Speaker 6: Gold medal.
Speaker 5: Ronan Keating has got a song that he sings to athletes at the start of every Olympic Games. That's right, you saying it best when you've saging it nothing at Oh you got everyone now think you now this one goes aga see clearly now the rain has gone gold medal, Yeah, clean Oliver's Army.
Speaker 6: I don't know the song.
Speaker 5: I don't think Oliver's Army. Oh yeah, clean in there, chinky bronze medal and staying with the dees. Baby when you're gone gold. Yeah, there we go. Jackie boy. What are those athletes listening to on their headphones on their beats?
Speaker 6: Rain Drops keep falling on my Travis head.
Speaker 5: That is not great. Now you haven't been busy, Actually you've had more enough time. Shame on you. Bronxe.
Speaker 6: I want a girl with a short skirt and a grand hacket.
Speaker 5: There you go, Red Empson, redemption is never far away. Gold.
Speaker 6: And of course you must remember the Australian band The Androids, who had a one hit wonder would do it with Madonna vaguely do it with Maradonna.
Speaker 5: A long time to get nowhere Maradona relevant in the eighties but still funny now yeah right, yeah, that comes back.
Speaker 4: Around Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're looking for your athlete songs. Put an athlete in a song, Jackie boy, are you ready.
Speaker 6: To mark by the starting pistol?
Speaker 5: Oh, someone's been thinking of a zinger. Where was it ten minutes ago? The whole of the boom?
Speaker 13: Don't know the.
Speaker 5: Song Hole of the Moon by the water Boys. Oh okay, yeah, familiar song on this radio station.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks your salaryelievable radio athlete here, hotel athletes, village brawling coopyra Oh, dear Bradbury, there.
Speaker 5: Nothing curpairs to you. Silver, Penny in the air, Jordan Tonight, Gold Adam Matthew Messy in the sky with diamonds Silver. These boots are made for Sam Kirk. That does work. Chris shoved the name at the end. You've got to fight for your right to ash party Gold. Well done, Sonya Hey, Juddy, just has it ever sung? I hope it was Chris, well done. Shack it off, Silva, Daniel Ricardo your own way, Silva girls, just warning have fun. Gold works on Devil's that nothing compares to Pooh for Mark Philipposa's Sonya and Deacon. Well done, Aladdin, Usay, Brodon Federer, Young Silva. I can see clearly now. Tim Payne is gone gold, Steve that like it very good? Pink with raise your Darren Glass Silva, I want to break Freeman Fry Sue Gold, Darcy more than a feeling Gold. That's very good. Who's that? Laura del Pozo? Well done, Ron Barrassi in pocket Bronze. It's a long way to the front if you're Stephen Bradbury trying to be too bronze either Tiger Woods, Silver, Weder, Michael Baby got Bradbury Silver and pour some sugar, Ray Leonard on me gold? All right, Jackie boy, who's best in show? Who's off to see Jerry Seinfeld?
Speaker 6: Like the one that celebrated Mark philipoos as. Nothing compares to.
Speaker 5: Pooh, Sonia and Deacon. You're off to see Jerry Seinfeld next year. Last song for us this morning.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Before we give out some more thank you to everyone who's bot donating. Just in the last fifty five minutes is up to forty an incredible forty four thousand and rising, So thank you very much. On tomorrow show, It's Friday during the week we all would have done something, if not several things dumb and stupid. We celebrate that. We urge you to own it on a Friday and just simply own it. Why are you a Genius of the Week?
Speaker 17: I couldn't find my mobile phone, so what do I do? I ring it from the house phone and answered, thinking someone was calling me.
Speaker 15: I was getting petrol in my car. I was wearing a hoodie with ties and when I shut the petrol cap, the ties got stuck and I was stuck to the car and so.
Speaker 7: You can see me.
Speaker 11: I drove to the shop and walked home forgiving. I had a car.
Speaker 5: Join them tomorrow on the show. Why are you a Genius of the Week? Email me Christian at Christian o'connorf dot com dot au. All right, so here's what we need, and here's what the children of Melbourne sadly need in their thousands. By the end of the day, it's going to be around five thousand children and he'll be placed in care for their own safety and wellbeing. And there's an amazing charity called Backpacks for vic Kids and sadly from that charity, Ramy yester evening in tears. They're trying to meet the huge overwhelming demand like they've never had it before, of these Santa Packs they call them. It's just a child who is in care, in foster care or any of the places of care gets a small little Christmas gift without that, they're just there are enough resources. They're not going to get a Christmas present this year. It breaks your heart. So it's going to be around five thousand by the end of today. It's thirty five dollars to get one of these Santa packs. So every thirty five dollars that you can pledge or anywhere near it goes to make a huge difference. And I really want to say. This is a tiny charity mainly run by volunteers like Sally and all the team who are listening right now. And they've got a message from Sally earlier saying that she was crying so much. Lookn all your lovely messages. They'd run out of money yesterday evening at five o'clock when she called me, they had no more money. There were no more They had enough to meet sixteen hundred little gift packs Christmas gift packs with these kids when they need about five thousand in total. So thank you very much. The place to donate today, Whether you want to do it anonymously, whether you're a you're a business that would love a couple of free plugs, I'm happy to do loads of those tomorrow. Email me if it's easy for you. You don't have to have your names with it on air, but if you want two, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. But for everybody else who's pledging, however money much it is, please, I keep seeing this come up saying I wish it could be more. You don't have to say sorry. The fact that you're doing anything shows you care. Every thirty five dollars right is going to make a difference to one child is going to feel a bit less alone this Christmas and has something under the tree. You head to the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. Please eave a message all these volunteers that work so hard and they see what this is really like. Speaking for myself, I live in a bubble well. When I heard about the numbers yesterday, five thousand kids, it was heartbreaking. We've just got no idea. There's a foster care of family who've taken in. They've got nine kids or three different families that they've taken in over the last ten days. It just breaks it. That's how bad the situation it is right now from these kids that are in a dangerous situation. So every thirty five dollars it makes a difference. Thank you very much to David Collins and the Collins family of hoppers crossing from all the kids. Thank you very much to the Collins family. Merry Christmas. That's a lovely thing to do. Very generous. Debbie Holmes. Two packs from my grandsons, Noah and Archie Christian. They love Christmas and I know they want for other children to the same joy they do. Debbie, bless you. Thank you very much. Harper and Charlie Christian. We are two brothers aged eight and eleven. We want to spread the joy to one kid on Christmas Day. Harper and Charlie, thank you very much, your legends. Christian. I was so sad this morning to hear of this unbelievable situation. I want to donate some money with even a bubble, don't realize how bad it is. Out there for a lot of families and their kids. Jenny lovely words. Thank you very much, Jack, you've got some more you want to thank that we're seeing their messages.
Speaker 6: Thank you to the family Binion. Upon hearing about the charity in the car this morning, my kids Ruby and Ben wanted to each gift a Centti pack for a child to enjoy this Christmas. And thank you to Trish Hammond. Tears rolled down my cheeks at the thought of a child going without anything on Christmas Day. I'm sorry I can only afford one pack, but it's sent with all my love.
Speaker 5: One pack is one pack more than that they could start yesterday, that they could do yesterday, so honestly they'd run out of money. There's no more. So wow, week forty five, three hundred and twenty one dollars and it was only an hour ago. We start to say what we're trying to do. Please keep this going today, okay, Please whatever you can give. Every thirty five dollars is one less chill child in Melbourne that's going to go without a Christmas present this year we'll get something. So it's thirty five dollars helps one child in need this Christmas. Thank you very much. The place you go to to find out more and to donate and leave a message, it's the Christian o'connells show dot com dot AU. Oh I can really say is thank you very much. Jack and I are overwhelmed about an hour ago perhaps who was doing the news, and we're actually wondering how it was going to go today, because we do know there's a reason why this charity is run out of money, but not because there's lots of kind art people in this city. It's because actually you are also worried about the high cost of living and the interest rate rises. You're looking after your own families. It's got Christmas coming up, and there's summer holidays, and no city has suffered more with the pandemic, and there's almost like the second pandemic which no one's really talking about, which is families are stretched beyond breaking point at the moment trying to just meet their basic needs financially. So the money you've raised during the last hour is nothing short of unbelievable. That's the reason why Sally and all those volunteers are crying right now. They had nothing yesterday, even they were just running on vapors and wondering what on earth they could do to meet the demand. So you've changed literally hundreds of kids right now, just in the last hour. So who knows where we might be tomorrow with your generosity. So tell your friends about it. Go on Facebook, put the posts up there, put a link to it. It's the Christian O'Connors show dot com dot au. We're back tomorrow. Thank you so much. Carl Bryner.
Speaker 4: You're listening to The Christian o'carl Show podcast