Speaker 1: Have you ever done your DNA test like an ancestry test or I.
Speaker 2: Actually haven't, but I've never felt the need to.
Speaker 1: Are you just a bit curious about like I don't know your family tree and like what it is? What's your DNA maker?
Speaker 3: I mean if you are questioning where I'm from, yeah, if you have questions about me, I can definitely go and get it done.
Speaker 2: I don't belong to my parents.
Speaker 1: No, I I mean, where's this going? Do you know something I don't, Brittany, this is your life? No, I find it really fascinating. And so my husband and I we actually did DNA tests together recently ancestry DNA tests and we got an email saying that their results were inconclusive, so we weren't able to get our results back. And I don't know, but I'm going to do it again because I made these big jokes to Matt and I was like, what if, like they found out something, Because when you do it, you have to submit like this is my dad, this is my mom, this, and you submit as much as your family tree as you possibly can. And I was like, what if the reason why they kept it is because they found out something they don't want us to know about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe your dad's not your dad. They don't want to blow up your life. Maybe my uncle's not my uncle.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but like, look.
Speaker 3: I think they'd tell you if your uncle of your uncle's that's not that impactful.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, I think it is. Anyway, this article that came out, so a woman kind of she went and did all the different DNA tests. There's a couple that are really big ones in Australia. One's my heritage obviously ancestry DNA, which I think most people know of. And then there's also another one which is kind of like the crem Dela Creme of DNA tests called twenty three.
Speaker 2: And me, hasn't that just gone into what's it called receivership?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you know more about it than I.
Speaker 2: You're like the krem Dela Creme. I'm like, it just went down to go go.
Speaker 1: Do you know why they say it's the krem Dela Creme Purely because it's the most expensive, it's meant to be the most thorough. But in the experience of this woman, it absolutely wasn't the case. But one thing she did find out plot twist. She found out that her childhood crush, who she had been obsessed with and in love with for the majority of her adolescents, turned out to be her cousin. Imagine if you found out not when you know, not a childhood crush. Imagine if you found out like.
Speaker 2: There was a couple that found out in America. She did the DNA tests.
Speaker 4: She found out that her husband or fiance was a direct relation to her, and she was going to bury that information. Did she tell him I can't remember, I'm on the edge of my seat, Producier Grace wife to look it up? Okay, So there was a couple who discovered, after ten years of marriage and having three children, that they were cousins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they found out via DA.
Speaker 1: You just stay if you're being married and you've got kids, it's gone too far.
Speaker 2: You're in two D.
Speaker 1: You've already done all that. You're in white lotus territory, just staying there. Look, I mean, we opened up the text line and also I did a call out on my Instagram for this. You would be shocked by how many people discovered really salacious things about their families or about their lives. This One girl wrote in and said that her grandma had six kids and they all did their ancestry tests as grandchildren, and they found out that the grandma had been having an affair with the farmer who lived on the farm next door in Italian farmer and the youngest three children were not actually their grandfather's but it was this Italian farmers. So three of the kids had the Italian heritage in DNA, and they were all linked.
Speaker 2: To a different dad. They were all having a rumble behind the shed o.
Speaker 1: No, they weren't just her, just the grandma. The kids absolutely were not rumbling.
Speaker 2: They they all weren't. But they were wow. Good on her.
Speaker 1: People who found out that their biological dad just wasn't like their dad, wasn't their dad. Loads of those came in. That would be a really sad discovery imagining thirty years old and finding out that your dad's not actually a biological dad.
Speaker 2: No, that that is gut wrenching.
Speaker 1: And your mum did the dirty all those over there. Another girl wrote, my sister found out that she has a different dad. There's a lot of dads out here that are finding out that they either have kids that they didn't know they had, or that they're not the father to the kids they thought they did have.
Speaker 2: I just think let dead dogs lie. What that's the saying, isn't it.
Speaker 4: This is why I would worry about going and doing a test, not that I think anything would come of it, but I'm happy with my life.
Speaker 2: I don't need the disruption. If it came out then my dad wasn't my dad, which he definitely is. Hang On, I don't wanays to go anywhere. My dad is my dad.
Speaker 4: I don't have it queries, But I'm just saying, sometimes I think ignorance is bliss.
Speaker 2: How's this one?
Speaker 1: This girl found out that Ivan Malatt is her dad's second cousin.
Speaker 2: See, you know that's that's that's a skeleton in a wardrobe and a closet.
Speaker 1: You don't need to know about it.
Speaker 2: You're related to a psychopath. What are you gonna do with that information?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 1: We've got a caller on the line, Rosie, What did you find out from your ancestry DNA.
Speaker 5: Hibrit high time? It wasn't myself directly, but it was a family member. It was probably in her late fifties at the time, who'd been doing the whole ancestry journey for a long amount of time with her sister, and her dad wasn't her real dad and it was actually the next door neighbor when she was growing up.
Speaker 1: Links of the neighbor though, how did she get there?
Speaker 5: I think maybe that family had also been doing kind of their own journey, so there was already DNA kind of in the system that was able to be linked. Yeah, bit of a shock.
Speaker 2: So did his neighbor. What's the outcome here? Did the neighbor take her on? As like the dad?
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not sure if he was actually alive, but i do know that she's now in touch with the children that he did have, So she has kind of got other siblings out there, and she's in very much the same mindset as you said, Britt, Like, you know, my great grandfather was her dad, that's who raised her. So still kind of her opinion, but kind of good story is that she has, yeah, kind of got some more family members out of it.
Speaker 2: So that's nice, all right? You sold me I'll go do one.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do one because I'm frighten to what I might find out.
Speaker 3: To be honest, you need to do one because you've done it and it came back inconclusive so either they're saying that you're one of those avatars and your DNA doesn't match the humans, or something is amiss, so we need.
Speaker 2: To get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: That is not a story arc that I want to unpack on radio, that.
Speaker 2: You're an avatar? Did you're not related to your parents?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, Well that is it from US Today.