Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Patsy morning, good on and Jack Post.
Speaker 3: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Patsy?
Speaker 4: I didn't start off too well, to be honest, when I got home Friday after work. We have bin days on Friday, which is brilliant because then it's clear for the weekend.
Speaker 3: You know, So the garbos comes Saturday morning at your post. No Friday, Sorry, you meant Friday? It was midnight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no overnight. No, well it comes through the day of Friday. Anyway, So I got home and.
Speaker 2: Friday's ben day?
Speaker 4: Can we establish it?
Speaker 3: Still? Calling a bindai to me? Is the day you put the Friday day? We've established that anyway.
Speaker 4: We've started with the green bin. It was green bin day as well as normal household rubbish day, red lid. We've started putting the doggie poopoos in the green bean because we found out, well it's it's taken us all this time of dog ownership to realize that you can actually do that him with the grass clippings.
Speaker 5: And it's a hell of a smell every time open, especially at the moment this late summer it thugs up there.
Speaker 2: It's like a pooe clam chowder.
Speaker 3: Because you can put them in the green banby. You don't plastic bag him too, you just straight in with the lawny. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so the bin the garbo had been by the time I got home, but obviously when he tipped the bin up and put it in his big munch Munch truck, Yeah, some of the pooh had spilt out onto our driveway. I thought it was dirt. It was, well, yeah, but smelly dirt. And so I've driven over it into the garage. So now I have a pooh trail from the road right up our driveway into our garage.
Speaker 3: There's an enormous dog as well, those big ones.
Speaker 5: You get the plan sleeve trail. What's the one down there like vapors? That's right, it's a donkey dog.
Speaker 3: So did your driver ris, it's got a dirt from the guard. It was like fish cuts you had under that car the other week.
Speaker 2: Who was there for days?
Speaker 4: So now fishcuts now doggy poo. So we had to get out there and presious, precious Brye.
Speaker 3: Surely just gonna if you're precious spray it goes.
Speaker 4: Somewhere, yeah, down the gutter, give us back, gives back to nature.
Speaker 2: Apologies everyone, but we're.
Speaker 6: Back the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Just like you were home alone this weekend with young Gordon. I was home alone my seventeen year old, and she would enjoy it because she reverted back to being like a little child. You know. I was talking last week Friday she went into hospital and she had four all four of her wisdom teeth taken out. My wife decided late Friday night, after just a couple of hours of being barked at by our seventeen year old daughter in pain, she was.
Speaker 2: Suddenly going to go away for the weekend.
Speaker 5: Were I was loaning that car at five pass Stakes Saturday. Part of the discussion, I've left the instruction four hours and those painkillers going down to Peninsula. It's a long way, It's not ten minutes. So I was with a seventeen year old who was in.
Speaker 3: A lot of pain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of pain. And obviously when we're in a lot of pain, we get crouchy, gramachy, grouchy thag you chack. We're not the best version of ourselves. So I've had quite the weekend and so she's just got fed up as well. I was like having sweet smoothies because that's all she could have, right, she said, on some calms or something savory. So I said, do you know what, I'm going to be in it right with you. Okay, I'm just going to have what you're having now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well no, it got about five o'clock Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, I am so liquid meals all day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but only been seven hours Jack, and I was like, I'm ordering, I'm tapping out. I'm ordering a pizza. But she won't know. She's like dozing upstairs. She only strong paintings every couple of hours. I knew had a window, but half an hour when she's fiercely so I thought, I meet the Domolo's guy outside. And so I started eating this pizza, almost giving myself indigestion. Sat on the step of my own house, chewing it down. Suddenly the dogs started barking because they could see me out as I actually swore, swearing at the dogs. Then suddenly at the window of the door, I see my daughter's big moon puppy face and just her staring at me, her eyes beating minus.
Speaker 2: Like I just had the last slice. I'd almost done it. She looked at me and turned off, so she didn't just say anything.
Speaker 3: I have to like wipe.
Speaker 2: I was quite a mess.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Okay, sorry, I'm human.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing you said you beat it with me. I lied. I lied.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: A lot of talk on the show recently about crocs. Jack post on that head alone as a croc lover you'll be You'll love an email I got over the we can't Christian. I'm sorry to report that I have an amazing croc shoe sighting. I saw Jack Black on Sunday on the Project wearing crocs.
Speaker 3: He was but croced.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's something to do with the name Jack.
Speaker 5: Correspondent Karenin says here, I was shocked to see CROs on the feet of a superstar on national TV.
Speaker 2: What is the world coming to? That is from cowening.
Speaker 5: All right, so let's go now to the one second Winner, which your game we play every Monday morning. I've got a load of songs from a certain year. It's nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 5: The Cold War ended in nineteen eighty nine, with the Berlin Wall coming down and David Hausehoff sang looking for Freedom on top of that wall, Jim Black Patty the wall coming down here.
Speaker 4: Huge, massive, messive story and that song was messy. He's huge over there.
Speaker 2: Massive.
Speaker 5: His biggest fan base is in Germany. Go figure, rest of the world. Kind of like, eh, it was Germany girl.
Speaker 2: We love.
Speaker 3: This high kind of techno German rock. Excuse my ignorance because I haven't seen the footage. Was it a spontaneous thing? Did you get up on the warm thing? Or was it a concert that they put on?
Speaker 2: Is a concert?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wasn't driving around a kit kick trove in the wall. That's how it came down.
Speaker 3: Was spontaneous, I thought ye in.
Speaker 5: The interpression, Hey guys, I'm n even the house off quick before you put it down under an impromptu gig.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking for free.
Speaker 2: I haven't gone an hour on the car, so I can't do that encore.
Speaker 3: Good to know, it's good to know. We're all learning, oh every single day.
Speaker 5: Also in nineteen eighty nine, The Simpsons, sigin Feld, and Baywatch all premiered What What Are You? And Taylor Swift was born to Andrea and Scott Swift. Andrea. Her mum's the marketing except I didn't know this about a dad, a third generation president at America's biggest wealth management phone.
Speaker 4: Very highly educated, her parents, big jobs jobs.
Speaker 5: This isn't from nineteen eighteen number one. I don't know what we've got in case we're going swift? The name Belle?
Speaker 3: Is this Tatus Swift? All right?
Speaker 2: So let's go to a nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 5: I've got some big hits from nineteen eighteen nine, but just one second of them?
Speaker 2: You too? Ready to take each other?
Speaker 5: Ready, let's play? Who is this from nineteen eighty nine?
Speaker 2: Huge hits?
Speaker 5: I'm giving it to Jackie Boy, I know the same time he started it.
Speaker 4: We needed to judge for this. You don't on a new someone impartial, No one.
Speaker 3: More impartial than me. All right?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 3: Patsy?
Speaker 2: This is?
Speaker 3: I think she's one of your spirit friends.
Speaker 4: Oh got no, it's not Kate push is it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Got no idea?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 9: It's best.
Speaker 3: Middler was very impartial.
Speaker 4: From the Beaches soundtrack.
Speaker 3: Indeed, answer a.
Speaker 2: Lot to sound it. Very educated parents.
Speaker 4: Which is meaning they are cashed up because they're good jobs. I'm going to shut up. Now play the next.
Speaker 2: So I love all the pop up facts.
Speaker 3: I would love no passlehoff and educated in that car one day. Hey, hey, what's its freedom?
Speaker 2: I've got a song about that. We're good to go, all right? Who is this great tune?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: That's the game?
Speaker 4: Can you do it again?
Speaker 3: What is that.
Speaker 2: Great chunter move? Okay? You people all over the place? All right?
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 2: You both get this?
Speaker 4: Oh like a motion.
Speaker 3: From a big movie Ghostbusters? No, no, no, no, no, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: No bad dance, Prince.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what this thing is?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: What the school so far?
Speaker 3: It want? All right?
Speaker 2: This one is an easy one.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I can.
Speaker 3: Turn back time?
Speaker 2: Jack? When's it?
Speaker 4: I think I should get half a point because I did interject.
Speaker 3: With ship the answer?
Speaker 2: Jack? Guess five? Patsy, guess half. We played this a lot, so say a little too much. Oh come on, Patsy, where were you?
Speaker 4: I was right behind him?
Speaker 3: All right? Last one on this? Why don't we res set all the schools? Zero? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Shootouts?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah? Smooth criminal Michael Jackson?
Speaker 3: Do you want to go? Patsy? Wow? Don Patsy?
Speaker 4: Well, I should get it because it's my genre, isn't it. They'd be trouble if I just genre eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, come on, this is this is it?
Speaker 3: All right? We got the news coming up next.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: On Friday's show, we were giving away slamps of meat pies a rio.
Speaker 2: Something interesting happened.
Speaker 7: Did you know that they have a little four and twenty van that drives around to all the all of them to a bunch of trade sites and sells them there for trade's to buy meat pies for breakfast. So there's a meat man meat there is like a like a food truck like an ice cream van, but it's a four and twenty.
Speaker 5: I hope plays like some chimes for the plays case on. But we were hoping to get some how did you know did you see the truck come here?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 7: No, we we were organizing for the truck yet to come to the station to give us a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Pies like a four and twenty meat van.
Speaker 7: Yeah, meat van a pie guy, and he sold out before he could come to the station.
Speaker 3: So people that many people are having pies for brecky.
Speaker 7: That must be like thousands of trades are having pires.
Speaker 2: To start their early early on.
Speaker 7: This was this is before eight am? So between did you have.
Speaker 2: A pie right now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I couldn't know, but they mate, you know.
Speaker 5: By nine o'clock stuff like that, maybe even even half of one. But beginning of day with a pie in your stomach one of those. I'm not sure I could do that.
Speaker 3: But we're not on the tools. Maybe for training.
Speaker 5: I am these faders. They're heavier than they look. The sharpie pen is at least two grams. These hands are the man who doesn't honest today's work.
Speaker 4: And they're washing it down with about two chocolate coffees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that Visa Monster energy drink.
Speaker 5: You see them in those suits up V eight utes coming down and and I do in the morning doing battle with them, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like shoving it energy drink, Red Bull. So what are we thinking that?
Speaker 5: What did the trades eat more have a bigger breakfast than the rest of us would like?
Speaker 2: Weight jobs?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, well, this is surely only the tip of the iceberg. Like some of them are having pis, but I figure some of them are having.
Speaker 3: What do you think they're having a banquet? Frio says it runs deep let's start.
Speaker 2: This goes right to the top. So what are we asking?
Speaker 7: I could to ask trades, what are you having for breakfast? Especially if it's a bold breakfast like a pie? We already know a lot of you are having pis? What else? What other horrors are you having for breakfast?
Speaker 5: Do you think they have a breakfast at like eight or nine when they've done an hour or two's work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, morning, there's morning.
Speaker 3: More pies? Yeah, they're not nocturnal.
Speaker 7: They need something to start the damdes I reckon, they're eating something already. Some of them are already lining their thumbs with pies, with v's, with big m's. I want to know what else they've put in their stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, trades, give us a called.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast Trades.
Speaker 5: We want to know how do you start your morning? What do you have for breakfast? We have Tom on the line right now, who I think is about to get breakfast that the Marcas drive through.
Speaker 2: Tommy, are you really at Macas?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, good morning.
Speaker 5: So Tom, is this a Monday thing or is this every morning? You go to the drive through and get some to eat.
Speaker 11: That's a little bit of a when I'm running a late for work in the morning, being.
Speaker 5: That's no better way to stay late than I don't want to have a little drive through breakfast?
Speaker 2: And what kind of trade here are you?
Speaker 3: Tom?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 11: I work in construction?
Speaker 3: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay, that really narrows it down. And yeah, high high rise? Gotcha? All right?
Speaker 5: So Tom, which mac has drive through? We at my friend? Where are you?
Speaker 11: Where I call the parking inbound?
Speaker 3: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Busy this morning? How many cars already ahead of you in the little you turn?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 12: Surprising you?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Pole position?
Speaker 11: There's no there's no one in front of me. I'm clear to go.
Speaker 2: Well, go off your head. We don't want to interrupt the breakfast.
Speaker 3: Go go go, especially if this is a time saving mission.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it kind of is. If I get your bustards come running away for work?
Speaker 2: All right, Tom? Do you already know what you're gonna have? Or you're gonna have a look at the menu? Sure?
Speaker 11: Do I know exactly what I'm getting? Can please get a double baking an egg muffin meal with an almond cappuccino played small size? That's all?
Speaker 13: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Is a good breakfast?
Speaker 3: Would you be?
Speaker 2: He sat there all sort of water and just sort of going what do you want?
Speaker 3: What do you want? I mean he could have been there overnight guy as well, could midnight, exig night.
Speaker 5: He's not working in I rights construction, living the dream? Okay, Tom, can't it be like Tom?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And and you've got to move forward now to go and pay.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 11: I'm not the mean they're now waiting for all mate. I think he's just said taking an order from the car behind me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a busy guy. As he moved around there, and he put the people in there that work. There's wearing road of skates. They can move around a bit quicker.
Speaker 11: And we're paid, and we're going to.
Speaker 5: Get the position in the car right with It's easy little lean out run that thing. We have to lean forward. Sometimes you don't get it aligned up exactly. They can't feel bad if that happens.
Speaker 11: They've got to lean in, thanks very much. And that's see. That's probably the best go through service that I've ever had here.
Speaker 2: Well then you go.
Speaker 3: Cold apart.
Speaker 2: Marks just the place to be in a Monday at ten to seven. Get down there.
Speaker 11: That's it all right, enjoy Yeah, I'll get stuck in.
Speaker 5: You get stuck in my friend, you get stuck. You don't worry about being late. You enjoy that breakfast sat in the car park.
Speaker 6: There you're listening to the question you know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I don't know how we got into it, but a couple of weeks ago we were talking about the difference in the quality of your life when you upgrade to a king bed. I said, West, we should give it, we should give them away. There's been such a so many people were emailing a text going really does it really make a difference? And it genuinely, hands down makes a difference. If you look after your sleep, your rest of your life gets a little bit easier. When you start the day with a decent night sleep and having that bigger bed. You're on top of each other, you're not doing the battle of you're putting on this on that there's there's there's enough room for you to be together. But importantly everybody said, oh so part as well in that nomad's that we have a kingy to give away every single day this week. I'm so excited. This is our gift to you guys after seven o'clock this morning right now, though, trade ees, what are you beginning your day with?
Speaker 2: What are you eating?
Speaker 3: On? Nine?
Speaker 5: Four? One four one oh four three? That's got a Daniel? First of all, good morning.
Speaker 2: Daniel, got im I hay gone good Daniel.
Speaker 3: So are your trade? Are you already on the road?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mite?
Speaker 5: And you were at work already or you just left home or pulled over the chat to us?
Speaker 3: Daniel?
Speaker 13: Na just done hollow straight at the minute.
Speaker 2: And what kind of trading are you? Carpenter? Okay? Now, so how what do you have for breakfast? How do you begin the day?
Speaker 9: A couple of dimmies washed down with a red bull?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 3: Two? Three?
Speaker 2: Dim sims?
Speaker 3: How many with the red bull? No?
Speaker 12: Just too mate, just too No?
Speaker 2: Your limits everyone know your limits, came moderator.
Speaker 3: You got to look after yourself.
Speaker 2: You have and what time when you have that? Have you already had that? This morning?
Speaker 3: You'll have?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So is that at home?
Speaker 3: You wake up?
Speaker 2: Before you put the big boot?
Speaker 9: I just just drop in the Ludel monchies a little tuck shop, mate, go a couple of dimmies breakfast to champion?
Speaker 2: And is that is that? Five days a week down? You're back in there tomorrow doing.
Speaker 9: That Now I'll change it up here and may get some chicken strips, maybe a spring.
Speaker 2: Roll yepah, all right, Daniel, good on. You have a good day, thanks mate. So yeah, Jimmy, good morning, Jimmy, you going, I'm good. So Jimmy, what's this your tready breakfast mate of choice? What do you have?
Speaker 10: Oh? I've just got back in the car and seeing my Mam Regie. It's seven eleven. Just got two choppy muffins here and a big old coffee to wash it all down with.
Speaker 2: Hang on a minute, you going double muffin?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: One win to start the day up.
Speaker 10: I've got the choky Mrking here and then, you know, sometimes when I feel like I need a bit more health, I've got the blueberry muffin as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, blueberry brain food.
Speaker 5: You think that it's one of the superfoods buried in there. They only ever one point three blueberries in those big old muffins. It's mainly muffin.
Speaker 10: I just thought the count. You know, you's got to put the fet fuel in before building this beautiful nation that we live in.
Speaker 5: So is it double muffins every day? Or is that just on a Monday to get you going? For the week, Jimmy.
Speaker 10: Every single day it's a say good time the seven eleven trip in the morning for the trades.
Speaker 2: Or how that is incredible.
Speaker 3: I always say that once you've had one muffin, you're good for a couple of week. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Look, it's very towering. We're carrying your nation on your shoulders. But you got to do what you don't you do it.
Speaker 5: You're at the front line there, Jimmy in this country. Thanks you, Jimmy. Enjoy your double muffins today, thanks to Cool the show.
Speaker 2: Take care. But Brad, good morning.
Speaker 11: Morning.
Speaker 5: Now, Brad, it does sound busy a background you you run a Trady Cafe?
Speaker 14: Yes, I do.
Speaker 12: It's actually called Trady Cafe.
Speaker 14: Yes, I'm just gonna have to step outside, but carry on.
Speaker 3: It's all right. You got to customers there.
Speaker 12: There's customers.
Speaker 14: But I'm just cooking up a few brecky wraps and rolls and muffins and chicken strips and dimmies and spring rolls and everything that's everyone's mentioned.
Speaker 5: I get us hungry, and none of us have eaten bread. So what about say, first of all, give yourself a.
Speaker 2: Plug, mate.
Speaker 12: Okay, So we're based in Koyer up. So yeah, it's called Trady caf with a K kaf. So yeah, we created the business just basically because there's no food for trade's and all that. That's all ready made and they can come in, get their coffee and grab whatever they want to eat for breakfast, lunch.
Speaker 2: And go, Sony, how many years you been going?
Speaker 12: Just over a year?
Speaker 5: Right, And I'll tell you what as we've learned this one, those trades are really hungry in the morning. So how many will you get in by like eight o'clock? You've had quite a few customers already.
Speaker 14: We're open five.
Speaker 12: As soon as we flicked the lights.
Speaker 5: It came on and they come in by that little side window. What have you got going on there?
Speaker 2: What's the deal?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 12: They come in in droves and truck stop and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: What are your big sellers?
Speaker 3: What's the biggest center? What do people really have there?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 12: Brecky wraps like egg bacon, hash brown, barbecue sauces, that's the main one. In the morning obviously, pegg and bake and rolls and muffins, and then hamburgers with a lot.
Speaker 3: Morning hamburgers.
Speaker 2: Hamburgers in the.
Speaker 14: Morning on a Friday morning, you will get requests for a little hangover cure. That can be Hamburger with a Lot or Nashville Chicken Burger is a big one to start your weekend. One of one of Nicole's homemade pause the Chanky Beef for.
Speaker 12: The pepper boo.
Speaker 2: I mean sounds beautiful.
Speaker 5: Now, wonder those portaloos that they have out in the front there absolutely stink by Matt Lunsteine.
Speaker 2: This has to come out.
Speaker 3: That's why it's called that TV show is called the Blog.
Speaker 2: So those trad.
Speaker 5: Brad Brad, thank you very much to stepping outside. You better get back to your customers. Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Right now that we want to hear about what happened to you this weekend. Tell us about it in six words, Text it in oh four seven five O three one O four three six word weekend.
Speaker 3: Send Christian test.
Speaker 16: Using six words or less, telling.
Speaker 3: About your week. Did you hike on?
Speaker 7: Go to judge to confess?
Speaker 5: Every week it's a bang for me. This what what what's happening over the weekend? Is he found the big gen? What did confess?
Speaker 3: Why do you do away with rhyming as well. What happened to rhyme?
Speaker 5: Rhyme?
Speaker 3: What is it rhyme with?
Speaker 7: Last time you complained that I was rhyming the two words in the same line together.
Speaker 3: I'm still like orbing or what was the other nonsense first rhymes of text.
Speaker 7: Yeah, come on, that's good stuff.
Speaker 5: Go and confess wonder which which we changed over the weekend direction of the show. Confess you sinners, then we fetch the lines, so they said. With the Christians, everything is okay, guys, he says, coming up soon. This show needs all the rest. We all need the rest six weekend.
Speaker 4: What happened to you allegations of cheating at mini golf. There's a new Ubu mini golf course out at Wyndham Harbor Harbor and Harbor Harbor.
Speaker 15: And the like.
Speaker 2: I said, thank god it is early this year.
Speaker 7: So we thought, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: You're on the harbor over there, y.
Speaker 5: Harbor at a little Fisherman.
Speaker 4: It's brilliant jack, So we took audrough there yesterday. It's it's a massive course. It's eighteen holes of mini holes and.
Speaker 2: It's great fun.
Speaker 3: It's a new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite things still to do.
Speaker 2: With the kids I love.
Speaker 4: If we didn't fight the whole time, it's as bad as playing a game of phenom.
Speaker 5: There were certain people who take it way too seriously and will cheat.
Speaker 3: Which one are you?
Speaker 5: Well, everyone cheating, We're going to be okay with this, but we're not going to get PTSD to When I took the team to play well, I thought would be a team bonding experience of playing mini golf and someone.
Speaker 3: I just wanted us to play by the rules. And there were a lot of suspects scoring going on. I'm saying, there's other members of the team you shouldn't should be named that had very suspiciously.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we couldn't even get to the seventh hole without a flight.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: I believe I've got some audio here so where which Chris.
Speaker 4: Chris accused me of skipping holes, which is an absolute falsehood.
Speaker 3: But don't you don't you play together?
Speaker 5: Yeah for the last person, then you up the scores and.
Speaker 3: Say like I've already gone, No, what was happening?
Speaker 4: I was so good, I was so on fire that I said, you know what, you two can catch up. I'll keep going.
Speaker 5: And Mom's a real who Okay, Mama Michelson just holding it in one birdies everywhere.
Speaker 4: And the twelve year old was just playing like hockey. She wasn't actually hitting the.
Speaker 3: Masters.
Speaker 2: You buy some new fake harbor.
Speaker 4: You got the audio there.
Speaker 2: This does not sound like a fun time.
Speaker 8: You want.
Speaker 3: It's a rough work style.
Speaker 4: If the rock play from the rock, how can I possibly play it next to a rock?
Speaker 3: That's that's the rules of the game.
Speaker 4: It's unwritten more in many goals.
Speaker 3: With Chris on that you want to move it, that's fine.
Speaker 2: You got to drop a shot, but the.
Speaker 4: Ball had gone under like under this ledge of a rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have all the natural houses.
Speaker 3: That's what's great about mini goals.
Speaker 4: This was very hazardous. It was very very on the rough and so I just got.
Speaker 3: They have stuff on these houses.
Speaker 2: You go through the windmill or Elvis.
Speaker 3: You can't go to the front desk and there's a bunch of rocks and on the course.
Speaker 2: Basically wind and that water thing as well.
Speaker 4: Physically could not access the ball. I had to like such.
Speaker 5: The fun of it is like mumbledown with a lag up on a rock and you know, trick shot it out of scoop it.
Speaker 4: It was in amongst grass and brushes and I thought there might be a tiger snake or something in here. It's safety. It was safety.
Speaker 3: Oh wow? And was that before or after you started playing on your own? And I'll see you guys play that.
Speaker 4: I get a hole in one, Chris reckons He didn't see it yet again cheating and I did, I've got a hole in one.
Speaker 6: Well, Christ you know Connell's show podcast Chris.
Speaker 5: Buzzard Gray surname the Buzzard the buzz Actually there's a radio station somewhere called He listened to eighty seven nine The buzz broad Baby stuff for the first time over the weekend. Very expensive, yes, it is very expensive. One of you went hard yesterday for Sir Patrick's Day. May sm Patrick's Day. It's basically drinking festival, is it? You know, various countries have their day and they for Irish beef. It's mainly whenever it's on the news is tasty face Irish people and ginger beer were getting drunk someone in a bar.
Speaker 3: I don't know the story of Saint Patrick, but he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't getting drunk.
Speaker 5: Did he banish the snakes out of island and then go and you know, drink his white guineas turn my blood type into guinness, roughly Christian. This is why I don't listen to ABC in the morning anymore. They don't give away beds. Thank you, You're welcome both sons into basketball Grand Finals. That's from proud Dad Anthony. Great news, tough luck. Jeffrey Watson got bitten by a copperhead snake.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 4: I don't know we had copperheads, Yeah, we do down along the coast harbor.
Speaker 2: They be at the harbor. Yeah, well they might be real hazard and a mini.
Speaker 4: Golf polo bay sort of along the surf coast.
Speaker 2: What do you found out?
Speaker 3: Ven The venom is powerfully cytotoxic.
Speaker 2: Now it goes in through the limp system, I believe.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's as deadly as like a tiger or brown.
Speaker 5: I suck it up, Jef and get to work, man. Call him a pussy like we had that. You think Sam Kur didn't go strong enough on that London copper She would have just knocked him out the smile. If I want to throw up in this taxi, it's up to me. I want to go mate and catch chat the ripper.
Speaker 4: Have you got any leads in that case, what about the copperhead chat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about that copperhead? They are highly toxic phyto toxic, toxic or deadly cyto toxic.
Speaker 4: What's different?
Speaker 5: Toxic become deadly called in now nine four one form what we call the toxic phone.
Speaker 4: In it wouldn't be nice.
Speaker 2: You don't want to You last thing.
Speaker 5: You want in life is to have damaged cells, sunk my tiney and Lake Elder and last.
Speaker 3: That is deadly venomous bubbles and dumplings at Tromana Beach. That's from Jane.
Speaker 5: Very nice fishing charter is scorted by dolphins. Oh yeah, that sounds amazing, said, they hire these outriders and I like bikey.
Speaker 2: Dolphins know we can to put their leather gear on.
Speaker 3: Thy Christians last week tried to tell me your fair Pats that he rode on dolphins, but not part of like something that like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they know they know exactly how much pressure to guide you around. Yeah, my wife and I and then this trip they took us to this some sort of reservoir where dolphins were.
Speaker 3: I'm not it's also the that's what it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a water tank all right, my six word weekend my six word weekend are the choices we make in life. Saturday morning, right, and I'm suddenly behind her walking on this road and there where I live, And I'm suddenly behind a little girl. And in one hand she has an ice cream and the other hand she's struggling with her pink cut little bites got ribbons on it. So Dad has got the dogs. He's up front and he's going, come on now. And she's struggling because obviously she's got this ice cream in one hand, which is requiring a lot of attention and folks, and then this bike that she's struggling with. And in that moment, she I can see she's gonna have to make a choice. She's gonna have to ditch this bike or ditch the ice cream, and you know which way she goes. Suddenly the bike falls to the ground and she starts licking the ice cream. Dad's a bit grumpy. It's a Saturday Morning's about nine o'clock. He turns around and he starts telling her off. I say, how far have you got to go? I'll carry the bike. He goes, oh, thanks, mate, We're just we're just at the end of the road. So I now I'm joining them, right, I'm now behind this procession of strangers.
Speaker 3: But I'm with them.
Speaker 5: But I now have I've got to bend down because there's a little kids by, you know, And I'm a lot of one key amble angle now. But I in my other hand, I have a trade with two coffees. So I now and it's you know where they starts to slash in you and scold you. And now I'm instantly, instantly regretting offering to help. And I suddenly and I go to him. Is it at the end of the road, because I know this is a really long road.
Speaker 3: Now you need a kind of stranger behind. Yeah, it's so solid. It's so solid.
Speaker 5: I managed to stagger there and there was literally my arm, the inside of my right arm.
Speaker 3: Is still red. I was scolded, I spent.
Speaker 5: By the time I got there, there was hardly any coffee in these cups. It was all over me. And but I still manatually get that bike then in one piece. I didn't drop the bike. Jackie boy, what's your six word?
Speaker 2: Weekend?
Speaker 3: Mine was the boys will play while Bianchor is away. I had Gordy all weekend while my wife is on a three night overnight hiking trip in New South Wales off Comms by the way, So we haven't heard from me yet.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought that was her choice.
Speaker 3: She's got Crystal Fair exactly.
Speaker 2: It can do some of they ever lifting for condidates.
Speaker 3: No, every gram counts when you're doing a hike. So she didn't even want to take an extra battery patch your phone.
Speaker 2: Sure, great story, b anchor, wink wink.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy to say did very well.
Speaker 4: Well are you exhausted?
Speaker 3: The thing is like, it's fine, It's just you do find yourself getting bored sometimes. I love I love hanging out with him, but it's just repeating the same thing again and again going.
Speaker 2: It's a thing when they're very young.
Speaker 3: It's like there's magical moments.
Speaker 5: You have to have those match points and those other bits where oh, we're going to play this again, and it's those games that you have to we're playing at real time. It's like my daughter's had this little wooden kitchen, right and they would I'd have to go in and endele this missus Coggin's kitchen, and we'd have very strict rules and I have to drink in a maagining cup of tea at the same time it would take me to have an actual cup of tea real time. You could, I could be in there. I don't need any more tea. Oh no, I I put some more matching teas being born. It could be an hour or two on a Sunday morning and you look at the cloth thinking, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Ten to seven.
Speaker 3: That's been here and six Yeah when I saw it last time, you guys on Friday. That seems like a year ago to me because they're magical moments.
Speaker 2: Magical moment on repeat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up and down?
Speaker 2: So what was he playing? What was he playing? What was he doing?
Speaker 3: Wait, we were at the playground for an hour forty five minutes, top and down that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And they seem to be in their own little head, aren't they. They've got a game being played in the head that.
Speaker 3: You're a part. Yes, but you have to be therefore, you have to be there. And they're like, they see you.
Speaker 5: The only time they see you watching them is when that one one moment you look at your phone and get out your pile.
Speaker 3: I've been looking out for seventeen minutes. My eyes are.
Speaker 6: Cal you're listening to the Christian Carl Show. Podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, so we have every single day this week thanks to sleep Maker. We make sleep right here in Australia. We have a king bed every single day to give away to you. It's the base, it's the mattress. It's a better you. I'm telling you now, hand and heart, when you make the change and you go from your small bed into a king size one. Right, it's we're all in king sized beds, aren't you? Never go never go back when you go into the Airbnb and they've got one of those little titchy beds that oh my god, it's a queen.
Speaker 3: It's a queen, Sarah.
Speaker 2: I don't mind me.
Speaker 3: You're the one that kicks up at you're on top of each other. You're feeling limbs kicking.
Speaker 2: Your brain to get back home, get back in that king.
Speaker 8: Jimmy, gimmy, gimme a king. Keep asleep.
Speaker 7: Beat this double bit of small our marriages on the break.
Speaker 8: Jimmy, gimme gimme a king. Keep asleep. Christian, won't you give me a benefit for a king?
Speaker 2: Very good will?
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. Hi lines are open now.
Speaker 2: All I need to do is call us up and say give me the king.
Speaker 3: E nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 2: Why do you urgently need a better bed?
Speaker 5: It might be young kids coming in there now there's even less real estate in the bed. Is your marriage on the rocks because of all the limbs, and you're arguing about how small the bed is.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every single day this week, then we're giving you a king bed, better night's sleep. It's a game changer, and judging by the man of people trying to call in right now, you get it. So we got one to give away every single day this week on the show on nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 2: Three this morning. It's very simple.
Speaker 5: You call us up, you jump on the show and you say, give me the KINGI and tell us why you really need it.
Speaker 8: Jimmy, Jimmy, gimme a king keep asleep.
Speaker 7: Beat this double beds of small our marriages on the brig.
Speaker 8: Jimmy, Jimmy, gimme a king keep asleep. Be Christian, won't you give me a benefit.
Speaker 3: For a king? Hannah?
Speaker 2: You first up, Good morning, Hannah.
Speaker 10: Yay, Christian, give me a ki Hannah.
Speaker 3: What are you in right now?
Speaker 2: Hannah?
Speaker 9: I'm in a queen size bed.
Speaker 7: I've got four adult daughters, and it seems like all day they don't want to speak to you.
Speaker 10: They're on your phone and all the.
Speaker 9: Rest of it.
Speaker 15: But come ten o'clock at night when I want to go to bed, they all want to come up and chat with me. And a queen size bed doesn't cut it.
Speaker 5: I need a king, you know, the old people that started chining the chocolate factory living in that bed. Olman, all right, Hannah, it quit be you.
Speaker 2: It's a strong case.
Speaker 3: Stay there. It could be you.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Jesse. Good morning, Jesse, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 15: Give me a KINI.
Speaker 5: Jesse, what's going on? You sound tied. You sound like you're in a small cramp bed.
Speaker 11: Of course, I'm tired.
Speaker 17: Me and my girlfriend have been together for two years and we both have a double bed, both leaving with our parents.
Speaker 15: But I'm about to get the keys to a house this week and we need it.
Speaker 5: Oh, that is an exciting moment for both of you. And what well, just we transport one of the smaller beds over At the moment.
Speaker 11: Those double beds are going to be left behind.
Speaker 14: My friends.
Speaker 11: We need something bigger.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love this.
Speaker 2: This is an ambitious, sn isn't it.
Speaker 3: He's good? Jesse, Jesse, he's good.
Speaker 2: Let's try. Here we go here, Daniel, Good morning, Daniel, Christian.
Speaker 9: Give me a kingy. I need a kingy. I have two kids who jump into my bed every night about two thirty am. I end up on the floor with the pillows. Lucky that my partner has a crapload of pillows on the bed and I'm laying on the floor every night at two thirty. So please give me a king.
Speaker 2: Bed, Daniel. Your days of lying on the floor over, Daniel.
Speaker 3: You are now being king King.
Speaker 9: Get a good night sleep.
Speaker 5: You can show friend it's coming. It's coming. The floor days are over for you, King Daniel. Arise, King Daniel, the King bed is yours. We're rushing to you a sap okay, mate.
Speaker 9: That is great news. You've made my monday. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I can tell you.
Speaker 3: You really really need it.
Speaker 5: I know what that's like in those smaller beds when the little kids come in the middle of night. It's tough anyway, but that's really hard, and you wake up exhausted and you look back at the bed when you got to get out and go to work, and it looks like there's been a war. It's like a wall zone in there. You know, there's no sleep happened here.
Speaker 9: It does and mom never gets kicked out of bed. And they're mummies, mummy kids, so yeah, they love to Yeah, they pushed out.
Speaker 5: They're like little cuckoos. Aren't we to get kicked out of that cukoo bed? All right, well listen, you're getting the king. Okay, it's yours down. You're well done. Yes, all right, another happy customer could be you tomorrow morning on the show A Brighter.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Christian o'conls Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every Monday morning on the show. Then we are your home of your misheard lyrics. It's just another miss heard yay, Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. You send them in, we play them back. As to playing back each of your misheard lyrics. If we agree what you think you're miss hearing, you'll hear this. If we don't, you'll hear this. And for the great Ones Hall of Fame last week too, Hall of Famers one to Johnny Listen, Johnny Age of Reason, John Farnham, now that I fathered a dog and Felicity Crisp this one by my Rshmallow, Pink and Sting.
Speaker 2: Will you fart on me?
Speaker 3: Will your father be?
Speaker 2: All right? Let's get into brand new ones this week.
Speaker 5: First of all, listen, Jeff has got this from Jason Mirraz. I'm yours, but I won't hesitate no more Arte no more. This is a big song again or is he saying, but I won't have sarte no more Arte?
Speaker 3: And he's doing it in that way he speaks, are broken up?
Speaker 5: He won't have sarte anymore?
Speaker 3: Arte no Jeff? I like that.
Speaker 2: It's subtle all I want you now.
Speaker 5: The last one isn't but before Penny has got this Delta Goodrum and paralyzed. I can't even find my own tune or is it actually even wor for Delta she can't even find her own.
Speaker 3: Shoe shoe too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get that one.
Speaker 5: Penny Chloe Garcia has air Or by Australian Crawel. He's hailing the high seas.
Speaker 3: Or is he selling hashish? It is not legal yet? Yeah, very Verry Chloe.
Speaker 5: That's a great one, Hall of f Could we do a special of criminal activity on the mis her lyrics? This one's going straight. He's selling hashish. That's very good, Choe, thank you very much for that one. This is what I'm Aaron and Jackie Green Dynamite by BTS. You're a massive fan of them, aren't you. Jack Because I'm in the stars tonight or is it because I'm Ian's nurse tonight, I don't hear anywhere here?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: This one?
Speaker 3: Is this the non subtle one.
Speaker 5: I'm not even going to say the word that Patsy the other day on the news. You remember that, Sam k I'm not even gonna say it. First of all, I think Ria has had a couple of drinking poos at the weekend. I'm not judging that. But if you're making up names to make me say rude words, shame on you. We do not have a listen. They're called Bobby Buffoon. Bobby No, no, no, no, this is Buffoon. Before this spount differently has two o's. This is Bobby Buffoon. Okay, Rain by the Script A lovely song. Can we just go back to being us again?
Speaker 8: Cue?
Speaker 3: Just go back to be nus again? I think you've heard it. Yeah, can we just go back to Yeah?
Speaker 5: Cue just go vicked beus there it is right there.
Speaker 3: Bobby Buffoon saw it. It's it's there.
Speaker 2: Deal with it, Cude, just go vicked beu.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, we are always just the messengers every week, so I have to give it up. Bobby Buffoon, whoever you are, I fear in the studio right now, as always emailed me when you miss your lyrics. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au or just give me a post a note Rio.
Speaker 6: Bok Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Later on this week our Footy Wall of Fame. You've been telling us about the legends that we don't know about that we want to mortalize in paint on our Footy Wall of Fame up on Ligon Street. Might I've seen it over the weekend. It's sort of half half done. Actually at the moment looking at that, it's amazing. So thanks to Monic, feel confident tackling your next painting project and achieving the perfect finish. Monic Painting made easy available at Bunning's warehouse.
Speaker 16: A'mond the Wally online on streets, your foody heroes, the Nuffies, the earliest Upbonddballly, from groundsand to goods. Everyone is welcome, just not calling word.
Speaker 5: I got an email from lovely lady who's a mom to two sons, and every day whenever we play this, the boys, her sons, who are eleven and nine, laugh out loud because the radio show is saying the word nuffies. She's asked me to send the theme tune because they just want to hear it all the time.
Speaker 2: They just want to hear it on.
Speaker 3: The word nuff It is a pleasing word to say it is, isn't it? And here it's sung its pleasing as well.
Speaker 5: All right, So our footy wall of Fame being painted up there and I'll be finished this week. You've got legends like well, Bruce who we heard about on Friday Show, Bruce Karan nominated by his son Nathan his dad. Bruce painstakingly wears twenty two guernsey at once for each Tiger's game, proper Tiger's legend this game. We heard about peanut Man. Where you told us about peanut Man last week? John Boyd, he's going up there the Humble four and twenty meat pie nominator by a lot of you.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at.
Speaker 5: The they've all got these kind of light the way we're doing this footy wall of Fame. There are eight spots up there, and it's like eight frames that you'd find at gallery.
Speaker 2: Who've got that sort of gilt edged frame. There's one of Nana Olive May.
Speaker 5: It's a story we heard about two weeks ago, told by her granddaughter Maddie. She chop up her son's football with an axe, an actual acts after he kicked it into a clean laundry. There's a delightful looking old Nana up there, right, classic old none. I've got the big old Nonna sort of shoes. They wear some sort of penny sort of dress but black. I mean, that's a sort of real big old act. So I think you'd chop her like Jack and the Bean short down.
Speaker 3: It's the same size as the Nano. It's just are they going to put like an explanation of other words? Otherwise?
Speaker 5: It's quite aggressive scene out there, isn't it the police? Is it a hate crime or something?
Speaker 3: On a Sharon.
Speaker 2: Doug Insaw, who is a legend.
Speaker 5: He's in the Guinness World Records, did this back in the in nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 2: He kicked sixty goals in one game.
Speaker 5: So he's got to go up there, right, Doug Dougie Enzil now I don't know whether the artist who's done this thinks this is some sort of surrealist sort of pointing he's got no face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just a faceless silver.
Speaker 5: It's like salvad Or Darley the Impressionist. You know, we were trying to sort of art it up there, get will he have a face.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe they think that Doug Ensaw is like you know, Air Jordan, where the silhouette alone is famous and recognizable enough that people go, how that's dug Insaw.
Speaker 5: So what I think would be really nice is to get people like Doug and a lot of the people who nominated family members of Times about these people to come along to an official opening ceremony this week on the show. Look, it's gonna look great. It already looks amazing. You can have a look on our social pages. Just look for the Christian O'Connor Sharman, Instagram and Facebook, whatever you preferm And if you sit up there, it's up on Ligo Street.
Speaker 3: We're exactly on Ligo Street. Jackie Boy is seventy four lig On Street. It is opposite four hundred Grady.
Speaker 5: So I think it'd be nice to have an official ceremony of course later on today, big moment in footy they're announcing the very reluctant Tasmanian team.
Speaker 2: They have to have a team here that Tasmanian is going.
Speaker 5: We don't want one. We're going, that's one. That's your building a flipping stadium. At least you can to us find twenty thousand of you to become members. Okay, is that too hard? Hobart and the Surrealms and they're doing this big reveal, the jumper, the colors, the team song, the devils, the team song, all of it being announced.
Speaker 2: All right, So I think it'd be nice too.
Speaker 3: We need at the.
Speaker 5: Official unveiling off the Footy Hall of Fame, we need the name to do it. Who do we think team? Who do we think would be great to have there? With the scissors opening this up?
Speaker 3: What may it makes sense? Sally Sally Cat, Sally Cat, do you have an email?
Speaker 2: You strike this sort person?
Speaker 4: We have lunch to get it like the other week, we haven't it? Yeah, reach out? So she loves us, she loves the show, we.
Speaker 5: Love, we love, we love Sally Camp. So do you think she come down to it one day this week?
Speaker 3: I reckon she would Oh Percy.
Speaker 5: Well, it's looked so we started answering it for the Mayor of Melbourne. Salnly cap is unveiling the Footy Wall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I love it. The gut said Sannie guts too much put any email to her.
Speaker 4: She's more ladylike than that. She would never say that, you know what we.
Speaker 5: Need right now to help the pitch. Can we photo shop Sally there with some scissors.
Speaker 3: So she knows what to expect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, just how good that's going to be an affiliated with this.
Speaker 2: This is a high end product.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So her people are going to let's look at the optics. You don't need to, We've done it for you, okay, Like Kate Middleton, can someone here play around with photos shovel with Evan dabbling it And.
Speaker 3: When they're pitching it to her and she goes, wait wait, I'm opening it with there's a ribbon and my cutting up. I just can't picture this, they go, well, have a look at that.
Speaker 5: This is the future for you, my friend. Friday Morning Live with the ribbons and the scissors, all right? Coming up next time? We ask you over the weekend if you know of a local footy club. They really need some help, but I know there are a lot of clubs that do. We have two thousand dollars and we're going to give it to one next.
Speaker 6: The Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, so we got two thousand dollars to give to a club in need. Lots of emails over the weekend, lots of clubs need money and help.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're going to go for this one.
Speaker 5: It's quite an incredible story. Got him over the weekend from George Kument attackas how do you Christian?
Speaker 2: Sorry you're laughing at is that is his name?
Speaker 4: I don't think you've pronounced it right.
Speaker 2: That is how he pronounced his name racist, just like foreigners.
Speaker 3: I'm a senior coach.
Speaker 5: I'm the stemnd. I'm the senior coach, not me. I'm in character and I'm I'm the senior coach of South Yarra Football and Netble club. When you think south Yarra you'd normally associate that with wealth, right, not so here. The club got relegated to the bottom grade of the Southern Football League Division four for the twenty twenty three season. Twenty twenty three seasons. Sorry, no, we are a nomadic club. Kicked off our home ground due to potholes left behind by dog owners.
Speaker 2: God ye, how we get the dogs? Your dog I mean dumping down?
Speaker 5: There is that over in the Yarrow We trained on a junior Overlin Borwin over the summer. In season we trained on Mondays and Wednesdays on half of a soccer ground. We are so short players in one reserves match, our seventy eight year old president.
Speaker 3: Just suit up. Is that even legal? So we had fifteen on the field.
Speaker 5: Wo oh my, what my granddad get the long leather boots out the attic.
Speaker 2: Many w fourty for the prayers.
Speaker 3: That what seems so interesting even get tack with that halfway.
Speaker 5: This prize, the two thousand dollars be huge boost to a club trying to this is the line here that we want it, trying to resurrect itself from oblivion. George is on the line right now. George, you really do need help.
Speaker 15: He was certainly do. Good morning everyone here you going.
Speaker 3: Morning, George.
Speaker 5: He just tell us about the game that the seventy eight year old president had to go and suit up.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 13: Out at Hampton we were playing and I arrived at the ground and we were obviously short scranging for numbers, and the next thing I know, I saw this silhouette in the distance and there he was.
Speaker 3: That he was He was just a silhouette.
Speaker 2: Toust.
Speaker 15: Well, you've probably had more impact than a couple of other younger fellows, to be honest.
Speaker 5: If you're best and Phaires is a seventy eight year old fellow, shame on you team.
Speaker 2: That is incredible.
Speaker 5: And I understand you've had some big losses obviously because of what's going on in the club.
Speaker 2: You're losing about by two hundred points.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I got to the point where we were pretty much turning up and it was just a case of trying to stem the bleedings, to be honest, and you were just been getting pumped left right at the center, which isn't good for anybody's ego or morale, I can tell you.
Speaker 5: And you've been voted some of the worst changing rooms in the whole league.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so our change rooms were voted in the top three worst change rooms of community football.
Speaker 2: So they have judges coming around and judging.
Speaker 5: I mean, things are hard enough without Simon Cown and his team coming around, right, that's shocking. So the two thousand dollars. We want to give it to you guys. You're club that really are in need. What would it go towards?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 17: Look, I think running a footy club costs a lot of money and there's a lot of volunteers have put a lot of time and efforts. So generating any sort of any dollars just helps with the overall running of the club.
Speaker 15: And believe you me like that's massive to us. It's like winning the bloody lottery.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome?
Speaker 3: And what can you do towards getting an actual ground?
Speaker 15: So we're in the throw of negotiating at the moment to get a new facility. But like anything, these things take time, and you know, we're just making do with negotiating try to find somewhere where we can train and adequately play on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: So what happened to the other the other oval with the potholes left by the dogs? What do you mean? What for them doing poohs or so?
Speaker 15: That got demolished so that that whole ground is being resurrected now under a planning scheme. But like everything, these things just take a long time. So in the meantime we've been very nomadic, sort of bouncing around from any potographs so we can find to have a particular footy.
Speaker 5: Well, if anyone's listening that he can help you guys out with a new home oval, please call the show on ninety four one four one oh four three. But look, Patsy's best friends with Sally Capp. I'm sure one another phone call there can get this all sort that you'll have. You probably have the MCG for your home games.
Speaker 15: Well places, Christian.
Speaker 2: Well listen Johns. You're doing an amazing job at the club.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Thank you very much about telling us about you guys, and I hope better times to come with you guys. I hope the two thousand dollars goes down to some way to changing it around.
Speaker 15: Thanks very much, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Gold one I thought, but the Christian O'Connell Show podcast Britain streaming service you can win free for a year STAN if.
Speaker 5: You love the documentaries of the great Louis Throw. Cannot recommend enough Forbidden America. Also Champions League also on STAN. Now if you're into your rugby, they've got the six Nations too. The Champions League is amazing. I remember a couple years ago I've interviewed Louis Throw a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Have you seen his documents? Awful?
Speaker 3: Any after the interview you will can I can I use a phone?
Speaker 5: Just need to make a quick phone call and say yeah, you can just spend studio and half later in there you still banging out phone calls.
Speaker 3: Seriously, was there for an hour and a half. I don't even know what was the very Louis through thing because he's so charming, no wonder.
Speaker 2: Never luck given that he's.
Speaker 3: A studio do we throw?
Speaker 5: Which is probably some documentary filming us working out what to say to him?
Speaker 2: What else are you enjoying on Stan?
Speaker 3: What do you like?
Speaker 2: Patsy?
Speaker 4: They're watching repeated tenders, So it's about all these super fans of Broadway shows and the links that they go to. It's quite fascinating.
Speaker 3: Actually that was looking in the mirror saying all those people, I'm not quite go to more Broadway shows than anybody whatever.
Speaker 2: The equipment is a loyalty.
Speaker 3: Frequent flyer's frequent seater. I'm looking forward to watching this new Ossy comedy Population eleven. Stephen Curry is in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that at the weekend too.
Speaker 5: The guy from We both like Superstar Patsy, which is all right, so to down the time waste. It is World Pork Week. It's your pork on team now. Sad news from the world of pork. The world's most accomplished animal artist. A seven hundred kilo pig name pig Casso.
Speaker 3: Those regular pigs.
Speaker 2: That's a big It's three quarters of a ton.
Speaker 4: It's massive.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 7: Really he can't be that big.
Speaker 3: He can't be.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's happened recently, but Rio's attention really too much buffoonery.
Speaker 7: I know I have been slipping on the details recently, but it does look like it is a seven hundred kilo people.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Condis iball to go seven? You're not away station? Three quarters of a ton?
Speaker 4: That is massive.
Speaker 5: Finally, dropping pigs on countries that don't behave then the seven year old wonder pig could paint expressionist pieces with a snout and took commissions for Prince Harry, Queen Elizabeth Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Anyway, swim.
Speaker 5: All right, pig movies, big movies, one of those big old tongue pigs watching the Oinkers.
Speaker 3: Good swell hunting silver plus.
Speaker 2: How well do you know your.
Speaker 3: Yeah pretty well well.
Speaker 5: From Russia with Love was a great movie From Russia with Love like a explanation.
Speaker 3: Gold, Jurassic Pork. I do know that one Gold, swill Bill, Silver, Beautiful Rind, A beautiful Rind Silver plus.
Speaker 5: A fatty bit and out of Africa. You haven't seen that classic movie.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen any story.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, uh, pigs love that too, that's right, Snouts of Africa.
Speaker 2: Gold, Thank you, jack? What have you got?
Speaker 3: Sliding bores?
Speaker 2: Very good pig movie Gold, the swineing.
Speaker 3: Swiney's gold too, swiney his peak, goodwill truffle hunting. Yeah, Silver, And you know I love the movie A Knight's Tale.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Watch it on standing every week, don't you A Knight's Curly Tale?
Speaker 4: That is clearly.
Speaker 2: I've got to give him something. I'll give him silver. He looked so expectantly for a goal he presented it.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell show podcast, I'll for grabbed some today's time.
Speaker 5: Where ster you get Stan and Fran. It's a new female friendly spin off. They're doing Stand for the Guys, Fan for the Chicks. Stant Take two extreaming service Free Pig Movies is what we're doing today.
Speaker 2: High end business. That's always top end of the town of the doll. That's us.
Speaker 3: Pig movies. Let's see what they've got.
Speaker 5: I am a ham silver. When I make rindless in Seattle, what sleepless? You're rindless silvil plus meet the trotters gold, that's very good. When I get snorty gold, that's very good. Black pork down, Yeah they are they tiny, are well done? Snuffleheimer silver. Anything doing Oppenheimer is the new dude last year is always smashed with dude wears my now is any Oppenheimer one Harry Potter and the Chamber of Piglets Gold word on Georgia, porking, miss days.
Speaker 2: Bronze pork the line, silver up and sweiner.
Speaker 5: That is smart you found it, Bikenheimer, Bronze.
Speaker 2: Brisket business, brisket is a beef.
Speaker 3: Can't come on bronze forrest, runt silva.
Speaker 2: Any nervous pronounce that.
Speaker 5: By the way, you can't slow down and delivery.
Speaker 2: Pig mangi.
Speaker 3: But doesn't matter. Why is it funny?
Speaker 5: Lord of the Sties, the Lord of the flies or the pig stye Salami vice.
Speaker 3: Silver, Wizard of Hogs gold, well done, Porsche.
Speaker 5: Posh Porsh When Hammy met Swiney Silva?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Who is winning? Stand for you to live for? Up and Swiner up and so well done.
Speaker 6: Christian no Connells show podcasts.
Speaker 5: Earlier on this morning, whilst many of you were sleeping, we were chatting trades about the big old breakfast they have. It's not late in the morning. We are trades who are chucking down a burger in the morning sims two dim sims. One guy's having not one but two muffins, chocolate one and then a blueberry one. So anyway, we then start sort of speculating about could we get hold of an ice cream van? Right, because ice cream vans work lunchtime onwards, you're not out and about hanging around schools in the morning giving ice cream to the kids on the way in. So in the morning we've got potential revenue screen for you, okay, and that is feed the trading the soft serve. You move to the back of the van at the front. Then you need some colored what deep fat frying.
Speaker 3: It seem like a pie warmer and we cook it all up at somebody's house. This guy's an ideas go cook it up at some industrial kitchen.
Speaker 2: Again, we're we're we're put all the.
Speaker 3: We're not cooking it all there, we're just keeping it warm. And then take it to the trader.
Speaker 2: All right, so someone else cooks it.
Speaker 5: Terry goes around with his van, his ice cream van, hang on in the musics, run out and then they load up that.
Speaker 2: He warms it up, he takes it to the site.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the traders here, there's the boys come running from my milkshake.
Speaker 5: Calese make that into production, okay, or the trades in the yard come running for my pas.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to do it.
Speaker 5: That new character on for my by both the comedy first time a couple weeks time of pas.
Speaker 2: The musics. Right, we need to loop this tomorrow, team, Okay.
Speaker 5: Anyway, the most important thing is if you have an ice cream van parts out the front of the house right now, its not being used it in the morning, okay. Email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au, or you can call me thirteen hundred call oc.
Speaker 2: We're back to my Thank you very much for joining us.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast