Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchman, this is the Chris Jian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: It's a show number one oh five Wednesday morning. I hope you well this morning. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Busy show today.
Speaker 3: Before we get into it, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Pats, Hello, Pats.
Speaker 3: I one, if you could just define the word embargo.
Speaker 5: Well, you can't say anything about it until a certain point. Why what have I done?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: I understand obviously a couple of weeks ago I fell foul of you because I was all bringing out details from a newspaper of the itinery.
Speaker 3: Of the Royal Yes, naughty, naughty yeah, when.
Speaker 4: They were coming to Melbourne and where they were going to be going, and he said, look, you know it's an embargo.
Speaker 3: We can't talk.
Speaker 5: About your track. Basically that's what I said.
Speaker 4: So last week, do you remember when we got the news that Brian Adams very excited for you because he's coming back to Melbourne next year, and that I would be breaking the news on the show during the breakfast show, which begins now. Who so imagine when I come in this morning, as always do, I turn on my favorite news read at five thirty and you're going, Brian Eedams is coming at five thirty.
Speaker 5: It's in the papers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the itinery for the Prince was in the papers and you had a massive go at me got all shirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this is Brian, that's the royal family.
Speaker 3: You know something.
Speaker 5: I care about the royals. I care about Brian.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I know you're excited, you guys coming back here, but you mightn't wait, oh for an hour?
Speaker 5: No, I couldn't reard myself.
Speaker 4: Well, the good news is is all SIC's right. You're a lot of trouble because the pr company who've given us tickets to give away next week on ten weeks of tickets now becomes eleven weeks of tickets.
Speaker 3: They're unhappy.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah, and.
Speaker 3: You will struggle to get free tickets.
Speaker 5: Well i'll pay, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to sell out.
Speaker 4: You want me to go, but you dare say that and I'll be there and I'm going to have like a load of empty seats next to me. Well, I canna have a load of empty seats next to me. Egs out there and just lie down and go. This is where you could have been. Pats and I probably sat on the side of the stage with ba as well.
Speaker 5: Oh don't you die, don't you don't you?
Speaker 3: Don't you know? Hey, big news.
Speaker 4: Something else is coming to Melbourne next year.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have heard about this?
Speaker 6: I heard about it in Paths five thirty years.
Speaker 4: She wasn't breaking this. I'm staring to open up a guest list. UFC is coming to Melbourne in February.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what exciting.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: It's the world's most exciting combat sport. It's coming to Melbourne again. Bobby Knuckles is fighting again. Australia has the world middleweight champion. My favorite UFC fighter is Robert Whitaker. Fights out of Australia and.
Speaker 3: He's fighting again. It's fit. He's got over his injuries. February.
Speaker 4: I think it's a Sunday morning because the time ement's going live to America.
Speaker 3: Ten Am, will Conor McGregor be here.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't work for the UFC. We will Vince mcmahony. There will Father Christmas be watching as well. Yes, so look, Jesus is going to be there. They're all going to be there. Brian Allen's gonna stick around before he's flipping gig as well. All right, we're gonna I think you enjoy this. I've come in this morning, and Whippy, who does a great show here mid mornings. She's on for one o'clock, right, does a great show. Whippy has accidentally left his Twitter account open, and I'm not strong enough to log him out.
Speaker 3: I'm just not strong enough to log him out. I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 4: I really sent one tweet out from him. I wonder this morning if I'm going to stick on a song, Jack and Pats, why don't you ever think about what you'd like Whippy to say to the world?
Speaker 3: Right now? Okay, we can. We've got we're in control of Whippy's Twitter posts pretty much until he wakes up. What time do you think he gets up in the morning? Now? Ten? He's got young kids.
Speaker 4: I reckon, We've got half an hour forty five minutes and then he's up. Okay, you'd be watching Pepper Pig or some brain rotting nonsense.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 4: So we've got forty five minutes of Whippy's Twitter account.
Speaker 3: What should we say?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three, So Whippy does a great show here, works very hard.
Speaker 3: Love you guy as well.
Speaker 4: And his Twitter account, he's left it open obviously from his show yesterday and someone hasn't logged him out. I'm not strong enough to shut that down and log him out today, so I've already sent out a couple of little tweets on his behalf trying to get some tickets for the Spice Girls love them?
Speaker 3: Who's yeah? Faith?
Speaker 4: And Today's Fake Tang Day and I'm getting my butt waxed?
Speaker 3: So what else would you like me to say on behalf of Whippy?
Speaker 7: We should say as well at Whippy Radio if you want to follow him on Twitter and see his change in attitude of the kind of we're tift heading out to.
Speaker 3: That and possibly sexuality preference.
Speaker 4: Who knows what could be happening to him for the next forty five minutes before he wakes up.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack, how good to you? First of all? What would you like me to tweet on behalf of Whippy to the.
Speaker 7: World, something along the lines of it's been a great eighteen years in the radio industry.
Speaker 3: Well, it's resigning. I think we go straight in with the strong stuff. You can't quit to everybody.
Speaker 6: Kids at my Gold family, I love you and I'll miss you.
Speaker 3: Which station do we think you'd go for?
Speaker 5: Smith?
Speaker 4: Okay, so hanging on with so hey guys and whippie fans. Had gold had an asse full of gold, hads had.
Speaker 3: And of all that gold bs bys and huggy yep, and.
Speaker 7: We be obviously on straight after hugging, it would make sense that they have a feud every day the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so far, I've got hey guys and whippy fans had an ass full of all that gold bs and hugging naked all the time?
Speaker 3: Heading two smooth, smooth, what spot overnights?
Speaker 7: Yeah, great, shift.
Speaker 3: To six am, Join me from Monday, Join me from Monday for Boo Blay Boo Blaye and Sam Smith and Sam Smith and then those three again and again have you okay number of characters?
Speaker 4: No, because the extension so far, I've got hey guys and whippy fans had an aspho of all that gold bis and hugging naked all the time heading to smooth overnights mid nineteen six am, join me from Monday for Boo Blay, Boo Blay and Sam Smith and then those three again and again.
Speaker 7: That's a big exclusive path for your friends over at the radio inside a website?
Speaker 3: Am I really putting tweet now on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh gone, Oh no, he's upset smooth and gold now with this? All right? What else should I tweet? Give me a call nine four one four one.
Speaker 1: Oh four three the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, so Whippy who you can hear from one o'clock today he'll be doing the gold one oh four point three is exclusive Golden ticket of course, listening out for that Golden song between ten and five. Whippy is A. Let me just say this first of all, before I undo all the good work. Is A is a brilliant music presenter and looked after the Breakfast show before I started that.
Speaker 3: However, he's left his.
Speaker 4: Twitter account open and it's just too tempting to write tweets and half right now, I reckon, we've got an about half an hour in charge of before he calls in and says stop or change his password. So far then he's just tweeted, said a couple of retweets as well from people. If you want to follow him, I'm going have a look from on Twitter. He's at Whippy Radio. Hey guys and Whippy fans had an asph of all that gold bs and hugging naked all the time, heading too smooth overnights midnight to six am. Join me from Monday for Booblee, Boobley and Sam Smith and then those three again and again. I'm just going to send another one right now. That says the more I hear Trump speak, the more I like him.
Speaker 6: Get political with him.
Speaker 3: That's sad. Is that too much? Is that too much?
Speaker 4: Maybe you're happy for me get in trouble and then later on today you'll go out to it. Guy, I really, I really thought that that Trump one was too much, right, I'm taking that one out. Okay, what else shall we send on his behalf? Let's got a Daz on the lines.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Dazy, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what would you like our presents a Whippy to tweet to the world right now?
Speaker 3: I am Jollie man, I am.
Speaker 7: It would be kind of it is a whippy thing to do to take somebody else's praise from earlier this week. Actually, we should make sure we're always shutting down all accounts at the end of our show.
Speaker 3: We are vulnerable.
Speaker 4: Okay, Daz, I've just tweeted that on behalf of him that he is trolley man. Okay, all right, thanks not Dez, He's going to get you back as well.
Speaker 3: Des Shane, morning, how are we? I'm pretty good, Shane, nervous and worried about the repercussions. But Shane, what do you think we should tweet.
Speaker 2: Next May Whippy at four am Monday morning for free coffee and fond autograph in con Federation Twitt.
Speaker 3: Meet me at five am for free coffee? Was that free.
Speaker 2: Coffee signed autographs Monday morning at Federation Square?
Speaker 4: What about meet me at five am for free coffee plus extras.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 4: That's extras and then that kind of you know, that's extras.
Speaker 3: Federation Square, yees, Federation Square come alone?
Speaker 2: Were a red rose in shirt pocket?
Speaker 8: Red don'tant to accidentally get in your shirt pocket?
Speaker 3: Great? All right, sending that Okay, thanks a lot, Shane, cheers may have a good day, all right, keep this going? Then what else can we send on?
Speaker 4: Behalf of Whippy on his Twitter account call me up nine four one four one four three and.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So Whippy, brilliant presenter, He's here Monday to Friday, one o'clock in the afternoon. Back today your chance with the gold one oh four point three exclusive Golden.
Speaker 3: Ticket and the big one Golden ticket. Then get you and whoever you want.
Speaker 4: It's all the biggest shows in town and back today from ten am right through till five. However, Whippy has left his Twitter account open and we have been in charge of his recent activity. I've just done a couple of song, just done a couple join that Michael Jackson song. I think Sex and the City is way better than Game of Thrones. Harry Styles has got more talent than Hendrix or Springsteen. And then I've just seen a tweet from Whippy himself. Oh no to me, the game is up, I said, half an hour forty five minutes. Do you want my Instagram password? I need some more activity and followers. There too, also is Jack from Engineering there he better not be when I get there, he left the account open.
Speaker 3: He is here.
Speaker 5: Jack is here, and Jack.
Speaker 4: Has just changed Whippy's profile pick to a beautiful one, a lovely photo of smiling Whippy with a massive heart and the spice Girl's loco.
Speaker 3: All right, fun server, and.
Speaker 4: We got the news? Is what headlines coming up next? We're better get back to work.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shows gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: At some point, as an adult, you realize that basically adulting is just a giant, endless to do list. And one of the worst things on that is when you walk into your bedroom and maybe you're gonna have a little nap or just get into bed at nighttime at the end of the day and you realize your partner has stripped the bed.
Speaker 9: Oh anything left? No, No, you actually look away. I go, why would you do this?
Speaker 3: I don't have it. I'm not strong enough to put it all back here. Please know, someone do this for me, mummy. It's awful.
Speaker 4: And now your wife Bianca has said that actually she should get a pass from ever doing any of this because of this amazing excuse.
Speaker 7: Well, as I told you yesterday, she as long as we've lived together, claims that she's not tall enough to reach the inside corners of the douner cover, which everybody's technique is usually get your hands inside the corners, yep, grab the corners of the actual doner, flip it over and sort of shake it out, and you've got your doner cover on. She claims she can't do that, so she will only strip the bed and then it's my job to put the new covers back on.
Speaker 4: But there must be millions of short people around the world who aren't struggling, you know, who don't get in sleep with beds with no duvets. What an amazing excuse personally for me. I can't stat I actually get annoyed. I mean, obviously you need to clean your bird sheeets regularly, but I just get really annoyed. So sometimes I when I go and have my afternoon nap, I will just sleep in the bare bed.
Speaker 3: Doesn't bother me.
Speaker 4: HeSE just lie on a bear exposed mattress and you know what it doesn't it is and it's uncomfortable, but I'm just like, I'm done. I will just I will sleep for an hour, no problem. I remember the first time my wife came back to mine ever to spend the night with me. I'd washed the sheets before going out, and she and I we had to get the sheets out of the washing machine. She had to help me make the bed and then we got in the bed to spend the night. It's amazingest test that is for any good relationship everyone. So anyway, yes, they were talking about this because everyone has a different way of putting the bed sheets back and the duvet in. I think I think the universal method is do we all do this where you turn it inside out?
Speaker 3: The actual.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I heard an email from one of our podcast listeners. This comes from New York, and I have heard of men different ways of doing it. This one is a game changer and I'll share the email on this life hack next.
Speaker 3: I think it might change the way you do it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we've been talking about the horror.
Speaker 4: The horror when you go into your bedroom and you've just finally been going up to bed or moving to the bedroom and you think, oh, it's getting the fresh sheets, get into bed, go to sleep, you're counting down, you're done with your day, and then you realize that your other half, your partner, has stripped the bed, this bear is exposed. You just haven't got any more any more juice left in you for that day to deal with them. It just seems like a mountainous task to you to do to put it all that oh ca So anyway, when we do have to put it all back together, there are universal ways. Don't even know who taught you. You just know that you know this kind of stuff. You've picked up somewhere at a life skill. Then when you're reputting the doner in, you turn it inside out. We're all pretty much working off that system.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, but the hardest bit is that the ghastly fitted bed sheet pinging her round? How do you guys fit that?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 3: I hate?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 7: Should have an arrow on it to say this is the bottom of the top, because.
Speaker 6: I always get the long end and then the short bit.
Speaker 4: Trying to actually that would be a good on it. But when you how will you do it? Will you be on say the left or right side? We're looking down on it.
Speaker 7: I'll go bottom first, so bottom corner, bottom, left and right, and then go to the top top, left and right.
Speaker 5: I do top first, and I need Chris to help me do it.
Speaker 3: Guys, you're doing it the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Someone right told me he works for like you know, r A c V.
Speaker 4: He said that when they are putting a wheel on and someone's broken down, they're too thick to work out to change your own tire.
Speaker 3: Okay, the quickest way to.
Speaker 4: Put the wheel nuts back on is you go like at say, eleven o'clock and five o'clock, one o'clock. Yeah, all right, same with the bed sheet, so you go top left hand corner, walks, he walks, he around the bed bottom right hand corner, bang bang. Then you go back around, say two top right bang. I don't know why I'm having the bang sound effects, but it's radio. Didn't mind production of day.
Speaker 3: So where was I? Oh yeah, top right bang? Then you walk back around and where was I? Yeah? I haven't done bottle left yet? Does that make any sense whatsoever? I'm banging that bed gay, So that is that way.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's a lot easier. But this guy then comes in with this game changing one. He's our podcast listener Gary. Listen to the podcast Jack talk about the Boblems with the with the dou vein the douna safety pins No.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 4: I'm not adding another element to this, and I don't want to bring in props. My friend start with the closed end and use a safety pin in each corner. I guess for him, Bang bang pin pin, and to keep the douvey in place. Then as you turn the cover the right way out and get the corner of the open ends, pin them too, bang bang. This way the douvets flattened out, and it's a million times easier I need.
Speaker 7: I do get it because that will give you perfect corners. The struggle with the dony coverage, always getting it in the corners, and to stay in the corner.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you're making a cheese and ham toast, it feels like the ham is a bit rumpled up, and you buite it's a bit where there's just cheese.
Speaker 3: The ham is crumpled up in the other corner.
Speaker 7: And I do hate that in sandwich when there's too much laid ham in the middle like a big ball.
Speaker 6: And that with also the nightmare.
Speaker 3: You've got like a bit of sauce or mayonnaise, but you haven't spread it evenly, you know, So I guess this way, and also that things sometimes you have to like shake it, and there's always a bit like a sock when your toe doesn't go all the way down, and I hate that little bit of it.
Speaker 4: You want to also be flattened out, don't you. I'm not adding four safety pins. I'd lose the safety pins and you got I wander around for them. So Gary, I'm afraid that doesn't actually make it, And he says, I'm telling you now my top left hand corner, what we're going to call the bang bang Bang Bang system is the best one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: On today's show, then ten weeks of tickets back with your five seconds of panic in half an hour time, sending you to Maroon five and Patsy is of the moon. The good news the Brian Adams is coming back to Melbourne and every single day next week when Patsy's tickets to go and see.
Speaker 3: Brian Adams live, yep, when.
Speaker 4: That's the feature to now it's going to work, but you will be playing against pats to.
Speaker 5: Win tickets, prepared to die.
Speaker 4: It's a fight to death, that a cage to get Patsy's and you won't win.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Before that, then yesterday we're asking you if you could, right at the top of your head just sing a TV theme tune and it turns out loads if you could. I don't mean having a quick low refresher on Google or anything like that. Just have a think about is there a TV theme tune? So many people were calling in. Here's some of the best ones from yesterday.
Speaker 8: Flintston Smith, the Flintstones all together, Kidy and family.
Speaker 11: Thank you for being friend, travel down the road back again.
Speaker 4: All right, so today we turn our attentions to what's in your brain regarding TV adverts. So I would struggle to give you the date of births of both of my beloved children. But an eighties chocolate bar called Trio. I know that TV effort off by heart, and in fact I think I should have to be asked to do that if I need to book flights for them. Can you recite the Trio advert from nineteen eighty seven Mostrokeconnell, Yes, as I can.
Speaker 3: I think I know that one easily.
Speaker 4: This was a chocolate bar and it had like this girl like a cartoon single TV advert here it is Trio.
Speaker 6: Where does a guy have to go to get a little piece.
Speaker 3: She sings in a minute, this is it right? The Treeana want one now, not one, not two, but three things in it? Gid down a toffee taste too.
Speaker 4: That was it was trio. I want a trio. Want to want one now? Not one, not two, but three things in it. I want a tree, wanna want one now? Chucker t biscuit and a toffee taste too. I want to treeo and a one one. Now there you go.
Speaker 3: It's working.
Speaker 6: I feel like one.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it was? The high?
Speaker 4: Not every Friday was allowed a little tree or chocolate by my lunchbox. Incrisse, you had been a good boy that week, I could have one. I only got about one or two a year. Actually, all right, Jack, what's it you?
Speaker 3: What's it for?
Speaker 7: I always remember the roof Seal commercial, which is an animated seal walking around on people's roofs and fixing.
Speaker 3: Him because he's the roof Seal. I love it. I get it.
Speaker 7: When your roof is getting lost between the liking and the.
Speaker 6: Muss, and your mortar isn't where it or.
Speaker 7: To be, I'll give it back that old appeal with a visit from roof Seal one three hundred and thirty six seven.
Speaker 3: O got the song and the phone number. Let's play it back when your roof is getting lost between the likings and isn't where it ort.
Speaker 6: To be, and give it back that old appeal with a.
Speaker 3: Visit from roofs thirty six seven seven, Hi on the roof Seal, let me clean on the roof Seal would speak as well. Genius Genius used to work in TV adverts roof still thinking that, Yeah, so where is roof sel now? By the way, is he retired?
Speaker 4: Do you think there's a retirement home right for all these like former animal adverts and mascots used to be roof Seal. You know, back in the day, I was quite the can and catch around town.
Speaker 3: He could well be still around.
Speaker 5: He's down Serento somewhere.
Speaker 3: He lists next door to Eddie McGuire. All right, give us a call.
Speaker 4: Then, is there a TV advert you can just go go into straight away?
Speaker 3: Call me up nine four one for one oh four three the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, so this morning asking to call in if you can just straight at the top of your head. Recall a TV advert? Can you go straight into the jingle? Just did the jingle and the phone number?
Speaker 3: What can you do? Nine four one for one oh four three? Judy Enne, how are you going? All right? So Dancic on the show mates, you reckon?
Speaker 4: You can go straight into a TV advert that stayed in your brain many years later.
Speaker 10: Yes, I can do the Louis the flyer from the early two thousand.
Speaker 3: All right, off you go, buddy.
Speaker 2: Hey you passing there?
Speaker 11: Na, not your kid.
Speaker 10: I'm talking to all your flies and muzzies. Ortine has insects brain technology. Look this our other flies praise work the fly after missus the target. But Martin has droppers which are attracted to you guys. There's no escape your history. Oh jeez, I hate Martine.
Speaker 11: More smart, more simple, mortem.
Speaker 3: Typically increases.
Speaker 4: It was like a one man to play, really with all the different layers to that. Let's play it back, see how you go.
Speaker 3: On straight from rubbish to you.
Speaker 2: Straight?
Speaker 12: Who you?
Speaker 4: Julian's version was a lot better. Different Julian, thanks.
Speaker 3: To doing that. Mate. Pleasure pleasure cars have a good one, all right, and you Let's go to Robin. Good morning, Robin, how are you this morning. Haven't fun that?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, just travel all the traffic un.
Speaker 3: And what's the TV advert that you can do.
Speaker 13: I'm a child of the nineties and I can't. I can still remember the pick apart commercial.
Speaker 3: Now our producers, Jack Offair heard this, got very, very excited. So I'm looking forward to him your one woman rendition of the pick Apart off you go, don't leave that courage is sitting here.
Speaker 13: Come to pick apart where everything's cheap, second hand parts for second hand cars.
Speaker 10: From a door to wheeler blah blah bah.
Speaker 1: Now pick apart.
Speaker 11: There's nothing on the shelf because you're bringing your tools and do it all yourself.
Speaker 3: Your father, this is it?
Speaker 14: Well, just sitting there. I hey, come to pick a pie where everything's cheap, secondhand parts is second hand cass from a door to a wheel or a ba now a pick apart. There's nothing on the show because you bring your tools.
Speaker 3: And do it all yourself. Robin fantastic. And Robin, have you ever had the knee to sing or try and recall that advert in the last sort of five or ten years.
Speaker 12: Well, it's one of.
Speaker 13: Those ones that with my sisters and I get around the table to that stuff.
Speaker 10: It's might just come out of nowhere and we can all start doing it.
Speaker 6: It's really interesting.
Speaker 3: That's great, Okay, thanks for giving us a cool have a good day, thank you. Justin all right, yes, justin? What's the TV advert you can do right off this off your head? Mate? The code sir, my dad, pixure fruits and go see Cotties mytorial that I like?
Speaker 4: Justin ballless performance there?
Speaker 3: All right? What's the TV advert you can do right off the top of your head? Nine four one four one o.
Speaker 1: Four three give us a call The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, so this morning asking you to to go out and can you recite a TV advert right off the top of your head? Some great ones so far, a lot of trips down memory lanes this morning for your favorite TV adverts that you can still recall.
Speaker 3: Connie, good morning, good morning, Hey Connie. Right, what's the one for you? What can you what? TV advert one.
Speaker 13: Of Australia Farconics and the vegom song.
Speaker 3: All right, off you go.
Speaker 11: We're happy little vecuum matches, betters bread can be we all enjoy abts and for breakfast on genty. I'm say we're going stronger every single week because we love a virgin mat We all don't have vigion, Matte. It puts all.
Speaker 5: Go together now, Happy Veggie, Magsie busts back goods like.
Speaker 3: Your anthem.
Speaker 4: You're on the winner's podium in Australia and now the Australian national anthems we love you, mad, we are.
Speaker 5: I bet you make it brings and those Emil.
Speaker 3: Listen to the pats. She's like the sound of a killer.
Speaker 4: Chucky in they're singing Connie, thank you very much, greatly done.
Speaker 3: Done, thank you Alex.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, are you ready to reunite everyone with Ken Bruce has gone mad?
Speaker 3: Off you go? Can Bruce has gone mad?
Speaker 11: Can Bruce has gone mad?
Speaker 4: And Bruce has gone mad.
Speaker 3: Ken Bruce has gone completely mad. Jack showed me the TV ad But right It is like some dodgy eighties adult movie. Ken starts off.
Speaker 4: He's in a homemade street jacket, he's rocking bause he's got mad with the crazy price discounts.
Speaker 3: Then he's someone's in suspenders writing two men on a leash. It's like a Madonna video. Bruces gone completely mad you want an advert though there's a.
Speaker 10: Factory seconds or less than half the prices.
Speaker 3: There is our brother Burns running the power.
Speaker 10: Now twet system of Doonna is running the show.
Speaker 3: I thought the prices were shape. They come quick while he's switches the madonna is running the show. So who's doing the demented voiceover? Is that the legendary Ken Bruce.
Speaker 6: Can Brith is starring in the ads, But I don't think he's the voiceover.
Speaker 3: Go you know what we need to do? We need to find whoever did this paying to come in here and go The bos Suit's gone mad every hour to go to ten shows, ten and five, The bus Suits Gone.
Speaker 1: Mad, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 12: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows.
Speaker 15: Ten weeks of tickets. Every morning and sim thirty am your chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town. Next week's all about.
Speaker 3: Maroon five are bringing their red Blue pell wildtor to the Rod Laver Arena February next year.
Speaker 4: Friday February, the twenty second Watch You by Live Nation Good News. Patsy announced this this morning at five thirty Am.
Speaker 3: Because she's a huge fan, and I know lots of you are as well.
Speaker 4: Brian Adams is coming back next year and we will have tickets every single day next week in a competition called When Patsy's Tickets to go and see Brian Adams. Starts Monday seven thirty am. So the waymen playing this is playing a game called panic, where we put five seconds on the clock. I give you a category and you have five seconds try and name as many as possible warm up rounds we'll be doing each day this week between producer Beck and pats One also far in the World Series.
Speaker 3: Patstrick can early lead Monday.
Speaker 4: Beck came back yesterday Patsy missed a really easy can I give me?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, easy category Greek gods? Yeah, really easy?
Speaker 4: All right, So I'll let you go first of all this morning it's another easy one. It's Greek philosophers.
Speaker 3: Come off it come Socrates Epus. Nothing. I mean, I tried to hap you out.
Speaker 6: Did you know you were first?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: I didn't even know? No heads up as you use your.
Speaker 3: Greek philosophers. This is such a gimme, isn't it?
Speaker 14: All Right?
Speaker 3: Let's see our producer on good morning, but how are you.
Speaker 5: Morning guards or something? From numbers to five.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow tomorrow numbers back from five. I have a chance.
Speaker 4: All right, Pats will give you another instant rematch now, rulers of the Roman Empire.
Speaker 6: Caesar, that's the sound.
Speaker 5: I'm going to come in there and clip you on the ear today?
Speaker 3: What about top five Bogans on the sound of you there? Say that? All right? Beck, you're ready ready, Hey.
Speaker 4: Listen, thanks for coming yesterday to our little celebratory team lunch.
Speaker 3: It was lovely to see you there.
Speaker 5: He's on fire this morning.
Speaker 3: You went to the gym.
Speaker 8: Al right, producer, Beck, Okay, five seconds.
Speaker 3: On deadly Animals name them take buddies, Bass. It's not like you live in a country, whether of them? Team. So she did two, which is better than Pat's getting zero zero.
Speaker 4: All right, give us a care now nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 3: Pats have got another casking for you. Yeah what Brian Adams hits Summer of.
Speaker 5: Sixty nine Heaven. This game is really hard.
Speaker 4: It's not looking good for when Pats is Brian Adam's tickets next week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: The Tristian O'Connell Breakfast Shows. Ten weeks of tickets.
Speaker 15: Every morning at seven thirty am, you'll chance to win tickets.
Speaker 3: Are the biggest shows in town.
Speaker 4: This week Maroon five next week. Brian Adam Spig news he's coming back. He's over in March. You can win your way there next week at seven thirty. Week after that, Son he meant to week ten weeks of tickets, Brian Adams take us to eleven weeks of tickets.
Speaker 3: Week twelve.
Speaker 4: It's just in week long tickets to go and see my daughter's score production of Aladdin.
Speaker 3: You can have my tickets. Noah asked me if I want to come to that? Yes, I know. No one's wanted to invite you.
Speaker 7: I just feel we're going to school play where I don't have any children there.
Speaker 3: If you sat with us, it's fine.
Speaker 4: If it's sat alone, questions are going to be asked, why is there a guy there by himself with no kids here? All right, so let's let them blame out panic. You get five seconds, I'll give you the category and off you go.
Speaker 3: See if you can do betther Than Pats. Let's get stellar up this morning. Good morning, Stella, Good morning Christian, good on and Stella. You well, you're having a good week so far.
Speaker 13: I'm having a great week now.
Speaker 10: That I'm here, where are you?
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like give us a great week. But now you're here chatting to us, so it's taking a downward turn.
Speaker 13: No, no, it's not a damn ward turn.
Speaker 11: It's an upward turn.
Speaker 3: Come on, everything is going to be half half full, not half empty. Okay, and are you ready for Are you ready for a category? I'm ready? All right, Name as many as you can in five seconds. TV detectives.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, Remington Still.
Speaker 3: Remington Stell's that the piece Brosen and one.
Speaker 13: I'm showing my age.
Speaker 3: No, that's great. I remember that My mum had a massive crush on Remington Steel. Was it was before he was in bond? He was Remington Steel. Doesn't the name Remington Steel even sound eighties? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 3: Is anyone else in the world even called Remington? Is this a made up name? Isn't it? Remington Steel? Detective? Wow?
Speaker 4: We okay, you got one, but one great one there? Remington Still. You know he was when he became Bond.
Speaker 3: He'd been offered it before, but the people that were making him do sounds like he was held against his will making him do.
Speaker 4: Remington still wouldn't release him from his contract. He actually do a load more episodes, so he missed out on the first round of doing Bond movies.
Speaker 13: Oh he would have been stealing, all right.
Speaker 3: Still have stayed there. You might have won with one. Let's find out how your opponent gets on Jared. Good morning. Ye, I'm pretty good. Hope you having a good week as well.
Speaker 11: Jared, Yeah, good one here.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see how I get on them five seconds your moment of panic. Name as many Melbourne radio stations.
Speaker 14: Five one.
Speaker 4: Three, that's three big eas as well, mainly Gold and there's a couple of other smaller sort of community ones. But they need to help over there, he does. All right, listen, you're the winner. You've got your moon five tickets. Well done, and listen there are tickets and then you know what there is, don't you.
Speaker 6: Jack, there's the Golden Ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could have a Golden ticket today this by listening to Gold one oh four point three exclusive.
Speaker 4: The Golden Ticket starts at ten am runs right through all day long till five o'clock. Just listening out for the Golden Song went yesterday at Cordobas for so are probably some time between ten and one, I would guess, but who knows.
Speaker 3: Make a note if it is between ten and one today.
Speaker 6: Why just for balance, you thinks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I know how the Boss works, I know the playbook.
Speaker 4: I would guess if we have to play Boss Bingo between ten and one today, unless it's a double whammy and it'd be ten plus four again, we can anyway.
Speaker 8: We'll find out today only gold one oh four point three is golden ticket the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's play this.
Speaker 12: It's the Facebook marketplace. Price is right, Katrina Jones, come on down, tame on one thing, come on to.
Speaker 3: And here's your host, Christian Oh, come on good morning. By the way, I tell you what I thought.
Speaker 4: You know sometimes where fat all boxes have their kind of walkout music. Yeah, I'd like you guys have a think nout about some kind of little musical stab we can play for your kind of theme tune when we play this. I've got two ideas. One for you chat one for you, Pats. I'll be interested and open to you having a song request each. Okay, all right, this how works? Then Facebook Marketplace might not even be aware that it exists. Think about eBay all right now, think about a shabbier, tattier version. Hey, let me intuce you to my friends on faceboo at marketplace selling all kinds of tap and the join in this game. As I read out the description, Jack and Pats take each other on trying to guess what it's being sold for. Now, the real thing in this is the detail what people are typing in to Facebook.
Speaker 3: You've seen Facebook, We've all used it.
Speaker 4: You've got the facility to look at it, read it back, think about I'm sharing this with the world. It's the world's biggest marketplace. And then you click no, that's fine. Post first one, easy one. It's a panda suit in great shape going into a quay small teens to small adults, says kids fourteen.
Speaker 3: But my husband wore it twice and I'm thinking once a fancy dress, two for fun time for some hot panda.
Speaker 6: Alright, what's your personal opinion of how good the suit is?
Speaker 3: Looks great? You know if you're into that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: We're at panda sex or sorry, uh, you know, panda play, Panda play, then.
Speaker 3: This is the one to go.
Speaker 6: Isn't that how they make pandas made of the zoo is getting.
Speaker 3: They don't get a keeper to dress up as one of them. I think, what what like a fluffer?
Speaker 6: I think I don't know exactly how it works. The zoo keeper goes in in the panda costume. I guess it acts sexy to make the.
Speaker 5: Other pans to stick a sugar gun.
Speaker 4: And then the guy or the work experienced kid or they'll say he is a zoo keeper. Okay, act sexy dressed as a panda.
Speaker 3: Maybe halla that's on Chinese voice. I just doing a panda action. Okay.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's our question for what we can think there's something in that, something in like they dress up as a sexy panda and then got to jump.
Speaker 3: In those animals.
Speaker 4: We need to say goodbye to pandas they don't like doing it, it's time to say goodbye to them.
Speaker 3: Bye pandas. If you don't want to do it, and time is up, Evel, she can't help me anymore. Why humans dressing up as you to have you getting the mood for it? Lay off? The bamboo made me sweak. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Fine, I think you're part panda.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't make another human has to get more dressed.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bring this back into line. I'm going to start. Come on, I'm going to say thirty dollars, Jack, what do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Seventeen? I don't know.
Speaker 6: It could be one of those good ones with a proper head and everything.
Speaker 3: No, fifteen patch, you're in the first opening round. We go to the world of a world I love. Going into the engagement rings.
Speaker 4: Not again eighteen carrot yellow and white gold solitaire ring. Listen to the description selling this for my partner, Selling this for my partner, it's her ex's engagement ring.
Speaker 3: Too much detail? What has gone on there?
Speaker 5: That screams get rid of that?
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, actually you're right. I thought of it like that. Selling this for my partner it's her exes engagement ring.
Speaker 7: Well, you can only imagine the conversation was, Hey, can you sell that? It reminds me of twenty or whoever it was. No, No, I don't want to sell it still has sentimental value. Then she's gone out of the house.
Speaker 5: If you were really serious about me, you'd sell that ree.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can hear it all now, can't you? All right, it's for sale hear in Melbourne? How much do you think they're asking for?
Speaker 4: It's eighteen krric yellow white gold solitaire ring, the xes X one five hundred.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm going to say twelve hundred.
Speaker 3: I thought Jack had it there.
Speaker 4: It's actually one thousand. Perhaps you're the nearest by two hundred bucks. Pats, he gets it, okay.
Speaker 3: Rustic.
Speaker 4: Whenever someone puts rustic, all right, they're trying to big something up. You know, you get that rustic breads and breads five thousand dollars. Rustic thongs with a different.
Speaker 3: Shabby dirty monkey second and sweaty feet shoes rustic thongs. The difference? Who who types this?
Speaker 4: In Great Christmas gift to yourself or a friend who happened to have a holiday home near the beach or a river.
Speaker 5: You've thought about that way too, her very specific?
Speaker 2: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: Rustic thongs with a difference?
Speaker 4: Great Christmas gift to yourself or your friend who happened to have a holiday home near the beach.
Speaker 3: Or a river?
Speaker 14: Bizarre?
Speaker 5: Are they rubber? Thongs just rubs.
Speaker 4: Listen, they look absolutely disgusting. Who wants second hand thongs? What has gone wrong in your life where you're looking out for second hand thongs?
Speaker 5: I'm going to say five dollars for this one?
Speaker 4: Worth two dollars, guys, they're rustic. It's twenty five dollars you can buy you go down Target or Kmar You're body by two pairs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time for the second round of this.
Speaker 12: It's the Facebook Marketplace Price right, Petrina Jones tume on.
Speaker 1: Post Man.
Speaker 15: Here's your host, Christian.
Speaker 3: All right, round two.
Speaker 4: Before we go any further than some breaking production, I'm thinking just like Boxers, they have like kind of walk out music. So for Pats, I think when we play this every week Facebook Marketplace, the price is right.
Speaker 3: That's your new one from now on. Okay, I used to love that song tone like wild Things. This is the Pats Wow taken on Jack love that album. I'm so tired by the Beaters. I'm so tired.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Taking of Wow.
Speaker 4: All right, then let's get into the second round. I read out the amazing description that some a human has timed us into Facebook about what they're selling. I'm just going to read this or not. I never edit these, Okay. Vintage old frog, very old, very sweet, by the way, Brisbane.
Speaker 3: I think it went in a bowl. It's so old I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Has a small bit of flaking at the back, front easily touched up, no marks. It's very old. It's it's a hot, it's a hideous licking its China frog. China frog with its mouth wide open and very old. It's so mate. It's a vintage old frog, very old, very sweet. It does not look sweet to me unless you've got a thing for frogs with their mouths wide open.
Speaker 6: Why are that part about the bowl?
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I think it was where went in the ball? It's so old I can't remember. Yeah, we got it.
Speaker 4: The word vintage covers it all right. How much you think this bit of tat is going for? You won't catch this on Antiques Road show that go get out take that rubbish with you.
Speaker 3: It's in Brisbane.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say fifty dollars, No, no, no, marsh less ten bucks.
Speaker 3: Jack gets awahen it's sixteen dollars. Well done, mister, bows.
Speaker 4: All right, Final two items, Abacus Tasmania. How does a Tasmanian describe the abacus? Learn to count the easy way.
Speaker 3: Again? Not my words?
Speaker 4: Learn to count the easy way over there in Tasmania.
Speaker 7: I think they invented calculated because they're easier than the abode exactly.
Speaker 3: And abacus? How much is this going for? Pass? What do you reckon?
Speaker 5: Twenty five bucks?
Speaker 3: Go very high today?
Speaker 7: Only schools ever have abocacy. You don't have an avocus at home?
Speaker 4: And no Huckey does as well? To work out how much the charge the station for each show? Huggy want three of the red ones that it takes it in every month of the boss, I do four red one today.
Speaker 3: What we're making him sound like a big cheap Indian as well? Anyway, how where are we?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, on air live Abacus Tasmania. I must be going for jack four dollars. Jack gets another winner's chack marks three to.
Speaker 4: All right, we're now into the final one. It's my favorite one possibly ever.
Speaker 5: You've got a chance to equal this.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, did you.
Speaker 6: Get three in the first one?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 6: And this one's worth double points?
Speaker 3: Listen to this. I am a professional drawer person.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 3: It says it exactly like that. D W I'm a I'm a I'm a professional drawer person.
Speaker 6: I changed three red ones.
Speaker 3: Draw get this this next line? Is this flawed?
Speaker 13: Me?
Speaker 4: This has been my hobby ever since Frank left me. Oh dog, I mean who puts all that in the backstory?
Speaker 3: Frank left me? Why is Frank gone?
Speaker 4: I'm a professional drawer person. This has been my hobby since Frank left me. Order now and get yours ready in time for Christmas.
Speaker 3: No thought.
Speaker 7: I looked at the photo first, I thought that's actually some photo realism.
Speaker 6: Then I looked at the child's drawing a.
Speaker 3: Child as an adult. I've seen the photo of this this person.
Speaker 4: It's an adult, not just their underneath it Again it says professional animal portraits, not professional processional. Again, you look at it, you read it back, you click post how much this is going for? It's a animal.
Speaker 6: It's a photo of a dog side by side their drawing of a dog.
Speaker 3: There's a dog that's been in a house fire.
Speaker 6: Give the dog ilands.
Speaker 7: It looks the eyeballs are few, Yeah, they look a bit startled, all right.
Speaker 3: So for this processional animal portrait for the professional drawer person. How much per animal portrait?
Speaker 6: Well, that's custom obviously time time.
Speaker 3: You know, she's got a bit more time because Frank's bugging off.
Speaker 5: Okay, specially commissioned.
Speaker 3: Is it a woman?
Speaker 5: Why you're assuming it's a chick.
Speaker 3: Because I've seen the photo she's cuddling two cats. Frank didn't care for the cats or her I reckon twenty dollars.
Speaker 5: Now she's put professional on there. I'm going to say one twenty five.
Speaker 3: That is the winner at ninety bucks.
Speaker 8: Pat gets a final last minute when wild Thing wins it this week.
Speaker 3: Wild Thing wins it this week.
Speaker 4: If you see anything on Facebook Marketplace for next week, email me Christian at Gold one o four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 6: For a bit of fun. Can we send three photos of us and pay the money and see what we get back?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three quite if give.
Speaker 3: You a contact at the show.
Speaker 4: They saying, normally listen ya the iPhone app and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: We are aware there's a problem.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a coincidence that the latest radio listening figures came out yesterday and we've gone up by seventeen listeners, and I think that Fox are worried. And I think that Fife came into work this morning and just found the generator that provides still iHeartRadio and has cut the radios with Fifi and fav and bing go and bang bang.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Big news the last twenty four hours coming out of Bunnings. The classic sausage Sizzle all change. It's the world we live in now, Health and Safety, OHS, new regulations, they're changing, changing everything to the DNA of the sausage sizzle is we all When you buy into it, you want the taste the onion first, then the sizzle of the sausage.
Speaker 7: I don't know what they're trying to achieve with the change. So you get your sausage in bread and you put onion on it, and that's how it works, even for hot dogs or any the onion goes on top. So perhaps you've got the details you'll be talking about the morning one.
Speaker 3: Yeah're so dominished.
Speaker 5: They've sent out a memo to say onion are to go on top of the sausage and not directly on the bread, because it's seeping through the bread, dropping on the floor and a number of customers.
Speaker 4: All I think what they've done, Pats is the onions are going in first is under the sausage to keep it safe, there to stop it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought it was the other way around.
Speaker 3: If you read the.
Speaker 7: Story, it makes sense because onions on top anyway, and that was the that's it feels like the original. I don't think onions are seeping through the bread.
Speaker 3: Well, do you know what's what I thought? Let's let's ask Melbourne right now who has slipped on or fallen over some onion outside Bunnings. Let's just let's just be curious. There's just wonder till the next twenty minutes. I wonder.
Speaker 4: Do we think we're going to get a single call from anyone who slipped a disk or hurt their hip because they fell, tripped over or slipped on some onions from the sistle outside of Bunnings.
Speaker 3: All right, call me up up if that has happened to you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So Bunnings in the last twenty four hour US Neural new regulations. Ohs onions have to be placed underneath the sausage, not like a news reader between the jones said.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's been a change, you gotta put the onions on the top.
Speaker 4: The only reason I found this sub was because I went to a professional newsread that Ross and Johnno have three aw and listen, Pats. All I would say is I don't mind last night that you drank a margarite to the size of a goldfish one. Don't mind, I don't mind. Enjoy it, Okay, size of a sort of spaceman's helmet. She posted it, didn't she did you see it?
Speaker 3: It was huge?
Speaker 6: Id you gone to a full moon? Patty?
Speaker 5: And are you at school?
Speaker 1: Eas?
Speaker 4: We she's on kon tiki tool last night and then obviously has a problem where just reading out.
Speaker 3: The news story. But yeah, the thing is they're putting the onions underneath.
Speaker 4: The sausage now because apparently we're all slipping on the onions.
Speaker 3: It's just chaos out there.
Speaker 4: It's just a mountain of bodies, you know, one like a pile up there outside the front of the Bunnings.
Speaker 3: So this morning, I merely want to know is anyone here in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Ever been two Bunnings and slipped on a loose onion on the fourlad or try to step over it and then trips are falling over.
Speaker 3: We've got a couple of calls. Good morning, Debbie, Hi, how are you? I'm good, Debbie, Thanks for giving us a call.
Speaker 4: So have you slipped on some loose onions from a sizzle outside Bunnings?
Speaker 13: Not myself, but my girlfriend has.
Speaker 3: Really what happened to her?
Speaker 13: She was walking through Bunning someone had eaten a sausage suason and the onion fell out. She slipped on it, sold down and she heard a hip and she's had two lots of surgery to her hip.
Speaker 3: Oh really hurt it? Then?
Speaker 13: Yeah, So she's been off work with yeah, significant injury and had two operations on it. So she's recovering now.
Speaker 6: She's like patient zero. Is she the reason that you made this new rule?
Speaker 13: Sorry? Yeah, possibly she'd be one of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, Jebick, thanks for giving us a call.
Speaker 6: No worries, that's raight bye.
Speaker 3: All right. So I've got an idea.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 4: Last week I was talking about how I went to Bunnings for the first time and I saw amazing. Is that an Aladdin's cave, all kinds of things there. Suddenly you wander around, you see all the discounts. You think, I end up buying stuff I haven't even used yet. I'm even sure I need it, because I wasn't strong enough to resist the law. I even saw something called a log splitter that was on sale. I don't live in a forest. I don't need to be splitting logs. I thought I might need that one day, and it's heavily discounted. I want to get in now before I come back in a couple of time when I'm living in the mountains or something and I need a log splitter, and it's so much more expensive. And then I saw it the Genie, and it was like it was like an epiphany. It was a cement mixer for seven hundred and forty nine dollars. And as soon as I saw that, I thought, I'm going to have you for the radio show. Well, I I'd like, I seriously want to buy this bunning cement mixer and see if we can start making Margarita's with it. Perhaps it'll be all into that. Anything we'd get fishing her out, she'd dive in. There were a little Frogman's masks. So it's seven hundred and fifty dollars and I think this show needs a cement mixer. We make the margarite, and we could posibly come to your workplace now at the moment we have This is how radio works. Because I mentioned this last week. Normally a couple of plugs of Bunnings. Look what's here the next day, cement mixer for us. However, they've obviously spoken to someone at Bunnings who's gone. I need to check where Terry's not his snaps and Achillesy fellow with some monions outside of the front here and got stuck in the sizzle. I've got to speak to Derek. Derek's got to wipe his backside.
Speaker 3: It was cement mixer. We don't we need on me.
Speaker 6: I'm tired socially, they don't want to play ball.
Speaker 4: So I now have an idea. Okay, here's what I need. Need your help, Jack, Okay, I need you.
Speaker 6: It's impossible to just buy the cement mix we have.
Speaker 3: Mind.
Speaker 4: I did actually the other day say tomorrow, could I get this on the credit card? And she's like, she was like, just try another way first. She didn't say no, though, all right, what about I think I've.
Speaker 3: Found a way.
Speaker 4: Now you know the lawyer here, Sarah, amazing, one of the greatest. Okay, you me her, we go on a little trip. Where are we going, Bunnies? I need a prop from you in your in your pocket, some loose onions.
Speaker 3: You go ahead of me. You chuck a load on the floor. I walk in.
Speaker 4: Hi there, I'm Gold one oh four point three's Christian o color Ah.
Speaker 3: They never teja again. He might speak to my lawyer, Sarah, speak to them. They do a deal.
Speaker 4: They don't want this terrible publicity. I don't want any money. Wow, how much money does he want to keep this out of the front page.
Speaker 3: Of the Herald Son.
Speaker 4: He wants a cement mixer. Help yourself, help yourself. We leave with a cement mixer and all you need is some loose onions and the lawyer.
Speaker 3: Sarah.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get this done today. I'll have that cement mixer tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Some more on my mission to secure a Bunnings seven hundred and fifty nine dollars cement mixer for the show to turn into a MARGARITEA mixer has had a tweet here from Patrick listening to.
Speaker 3: Us right now on a building site. A lot of other fellow hard work in tradees.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of trades listen to this radio station now, they're very loyal listeners to traders. Oh see, you walk into a Bunnings with me a concrete and I assure you you'll walk out with your cement mixer.
Speaker 3: Hashtag done?
Speaker 6: Is he is that criminal activity?
Speaker 4: Or is that I think, look, let's call that plan B if we don't get it through threatening them with me having a fake accident.
Speaker 7: Or is he saying that he's a concretor so they get free cement mixers? I don't say what.
Speaker 5: Will cost price?
Speaker 4: Now I get the feeling from the tone and the hashtag have done that he's saying that they will create a diversion.
Speaker 3: Maybe all right?
Speaker 4: So and this just the record, This breakfast show does not condone stealing of Bunning's cement mixers. All right, Okay, then today's at work time waster sad news yesterday about the Great stan Lee, a genius passing away. New Zealand newspaper made a big mistake. The Gisborne Herald. Picture of Stanley with Rip Spike Lee slightly different man who's very much alive.
Speaker 3: So today in honor of our friends and colleagues in the printingstry over at the Gisborne Herald.
Speaker 4: Change a letter ruin a celebrity's name, all right, instead of Winnie Mandela.
Speaker 3: Topical, I've gone Tinny Mander.
Speaker 4: I've struggled with the I've gone Tinny Mandela instead of Gandhy.
Speaker 3: Another topical name, Randy, that's better.
Speaker 4: Ben Diesel instead of Vin Diesel, Tom Bruise, that's good, Lady Lager, that's better.
Speaker 3: And lou Jackman Hugh Jackman, Jack, I allude like a toilet. Yeah, yeah, well done.
Speaker 4: I thought like Louise. Now it's a different thing. Oh, change the sex of a celebrity, Jack, What have you got them for? Change a letter ruin a celebrity name.
Speaker 3: Dunny Minogue.
Speaker 4: Well, she ever needs to bring out some more merchandise so she can have their own toilet seats available at Bunning's.
Speaker 3: Dunny Minogue's Miley Sinus.
Speaker 4: Again, if she wants to go into pharmaceuticals with CHEMISTO the warehouse, we should do celebrity merchandise tomorrow for the time was through.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know what this merchandise would be Fat Damon instead of Matt Damon and Britney smears.
Speaker 3: Let's leave that one, all right. Then the best one we get you in the next ten minutes.
Speaker 4: We've got a double gold Class voucher thanks to Village Cinemas Gold Class all right. Then text in now then change a letter ruin a celebrity's name.
Speaker 3: They see what you've got. Hopefully you could do a bit better than me and Jack.
Speaker 1: This morning the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show four point three.
Speaker 4: Next half for now, keep listening to the show. We got the first bead tickets. You go and see Brian Adams live before Patsy. You can get your hands on them.
Speaker 7: I actually know the cupboard where they keep him past because we should.
Speaker 3: We should. It's radio stations all over the world. They do the whole.
Speaker 4: They are a lot to win, the cupboard, the prize vault, the prize coveroard, all stuff like that. We need to buy a vault one day and actually have some something in there. All right, then, So today, because over in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: A slight mistake with the obriituary headline for the Great Stanley R. I p Spike Lee, Who's very much alive, but with a picture from beige banner headline. So change a letter ruin a celebrity's name. John Revolta strong stuff, not better than what Jack and id is.
Speaker 4: Well done, Angela, John Rabolta, Paul Bogan, simple and effective World and Caine silly idol still pass, Donna.
Speaker 3: And Ashwod well done. Brad's it.
Speaker 4: Silver plus Adam in box Hills South three one two eight, No idea what you give me a full postal address?
Speaker 3: We can't enter into correspondence. Okay, fartin Sheen, I like that. I know you would.
Speaker 4: Bread Pitt, Oh yeah, Silver, Amanda and Rosebud Eric Banana said banner silver. That's from Chris Smell Gibson, childish but funny Smell Gibson silil plus Tom Stanks. I've had quite a few perhaps to leave out to do with his surname, Silver Bond snot legend, be a CDC Bon Snott sivil plus Johnny Creuder, Donald Stump Gold and I believe this might be today's winner, but you will decide.
Speaker 3: Jack mel Gibbon, Yes, we love it Gibbon, very good, Yes, Rude Law silver plus. It's not going to get aywhere near Meil Gibbon?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Henry Tinkler? Oh that's good.
Speaker 6: That's actually a creeper gold.
Speaker 4: But it is ice pube. Ah as that it's next to Henry Winkler on my text machine as well. You've got the Henry Tinkler and the ice pube.
Speaker 5: That's a Tinkler.
Speaker 4: Hulk Bogan, Yeah, we had Paul Bogan silver. Are we today's winner? Who's getting the gold?
Speaker 7: I like, what what do you think between Mel Gibbon because we love it so much and John Revolta and my two favorites.
Speaker 3: Mel Gibbeh Gibber Wednesday, Well down everyone, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I know you do not keep taking the mickey. How I'm gonna melt. I'm going to struggle when the real summer rocks here. And I really really am. I thought Sunday was a heat wave, you know, and it was like twenty five twenty six, it was. It was beautiful, but chuck another ten on. You know we used to going too that for a week or two on holiday, not working and living in that kind of temperature.
Speaker 3: But you, yes, sir, I found it really humid yesterday evening it was so many This is.
Speaker 6: The first time that we put on their air con at home and I'm living.
Speaker 3: You say home, you're back at mum and Dad's player.
Speaker 7: I'm back at Mum and Dad's players. Dad traditionally hates the air con being on. Ever, I don't even know why they have it in the house because it's never allowed to be on. So my idea was to turn it on momentarily, just cool down the house whiles at work.
Speaker 4: And then a couple of minutes to cool the house. Stanning, and you're an adult. Now you're thirty one. You don't need to worry about the old man chinding. You're channing you off, right.
Speaker 7: But I forgot to turn it off by the time he got home and sat down at the dinner table when he started and he goes, is the air connon?
Speaker 6: I'm transported back instantly.
Speaker 3: You're not the thirty one adult.
Speaker 7: Because Bianca doesn't know it's such a crime, she said, oh yeah, Jack turned it on early.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, so are you grounded this weekend?
Speaker 1: Probably can't go out the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What do you go up to today?
Speaker 5: Sleep? Hopefully?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: No, no, really?
Speaker 8: How can you see when the Golden Ticket ticket US has got a Golden ticket exclusive to gold one oh four point three, the Golden ticket that gets you into every big show in town and around the world. Backstage at the taj Mahole straight into the Oval Office with the Golden Ticket. Be listening between ten am and five pm exclusive to gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Listen out for the Golden Song.
Speaker 4: Okay Tutler, Today's show is it's we were talking asking a call in this morning? Can you just go straight into your memory and recite sing a TV advert from scratch And someone called up and did a word for word performance of what is now my favorite TV advert. Obviously I'd never seen this before. The geniuses that made the Ken Bruce has Gone Mad campaign.
Speaker 3: Jim Bruce has gone mad. Kim Bruce has gone mad. Kim Bruce has gone mad. K Bruce has gone completely mad.
Speaker 9: The matters of Greig three seconds or less than half the prices there he's our brother Burpose running the business and he's.
Speaker 8: Not that bit.
Speaker 4: Now I've become obsessed with this and I want to try and track down I think it is the genius that is Ken Bruce doing this demented voice over. He's gone mad with the price discount.
Speaker 7: Someone's written on our Facebook page that they're pretty sure it is Ken Brew's doing the voiceover.
Speaker 4: I want to plead with him, offer him whatever money it takes to come back into the recording sessions and do some adverts for our Golden.
Speaker 8: Ticket the Buss series Gone Mad? Can anyone hook us up this show with Ken Bruce? Email me if you can.
Speaker 3: Has he still got mad?
Speaker 4: Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au hug He's up next.
Speaker 3: He's got a Golden ticket
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three